PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith - Execution is our focus

JENKINSWINS
10-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Love how he laughs when the female reporter talks about protecting the ball. Really good insights on what goes through Alex's head...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Alex-Smith-Tennessee-Will-Be-A-Good-Test-For-Us/d5c95cb9-533e-4ac8-86b9-a8941f1cf309

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:07 PM
The guy has gotten better every week. When will he plateau, ya think?

DJ's left nut
10-02-2013, 10:13 PM

When he puts 2 halves together like the 2nd half against the Giants.

I don't think that's far away and when he is able to do that we can play against anyone in the league.

GordonGekko
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM

2 picks last game, how is that getting better every week?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Thank you defense and special teams; the holy of holies in this house.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Love how he laughs when the female reporter talks about protecting the ball. Really good insights on what goes through Alex's head...

Nude pics of Haley's wife?

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Try basing your opinion on something other than the box score.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Try basing your opinion on something other than the box score.

I'll concede this. Getting a turnover or two isn't the aspect of Alex Smith that pisses me off. If he gets a few for stepping out of the puss-zone; so be it.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:29 PM

Thank you Alex for your 300 yard total offense and 3 TDs, as well. It helped.

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 10:29 PM
The offense is coming together. They were much more aggressive last week, and that's a good thing.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I'll concede this. Getting a turnover or two isn't the aspect of Alex Smith that pisses me off. If he gets a few for stepping out of the puss-zone; so be it.

Not to mention the 1st pick was on Bowe, and the 2nd one hit two hands, but I will lay it at his feet, because it was not a great throw.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:32 PM
When he puts 2 halves together like the 2nd half against the Giants.

I don't think that's far away and when he is able to do that we can play against anyone in the league.

I like your style, dude/Sam Elliot

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:34 PM
The offense is coming together. They were much more aggressive last week, and that's a good thing.

It seems like the more comfortable they get, the more aggressive they get. Hope Both continue.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:37 PM

If the offense gets better each week, even incrementally and does not backslide, we might actually make some legit noise in the post season...

2010 was an absolute fucking fraud of a season, and the Ravens demonstrated it so. I don't believe this Chiefs team could possibly fold like that and so quickly.

GordonGekko
10-02-2013, 10:41 PM

The three td's were nice, but two of them came late after the defense held KC in the game for the better part of it. The turnovers bothered me, and against a team not in shambles (Giants) this could have meant destruction. All in all I felt like it was a regressive performance for Smith.

Psyko Tek
10-02-2013, 10:43 PM

SUPER BOWL L

think that will be two he can retire

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 10:43 PM
2010 was an absolute fucking fraud of a season, and the Ravens demonstrated it so. I don't believe this Chiefs team could possibly fold like that and so quickly.We all kinda knew that, didn't we? It was just cool to be in the playoffs... and have it at Arrowhead.

But it was the F'n Ravens, and we knew they would beat us down physically. And they did.

JC did what he does, and we had a ray of hope... but then, the expected happened.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
The three td's were nice, but two of them came late after the defense held KC in the game for the better part of it. The turnovers bothered me, and against a team not in shambles (Giants) this could have meant destruction. All in all I felt like it was a regressive performance for Smith.

Then I have no reason to listen to your opinion. Because it is incorrect, and Im sure anyone else her would be happy to tell you the same.
I question whether you even watched the game, actually.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:45 PM
We all kinda knew that, didn't we? It was just cool to be in the playoffs... and have it at Arrowhead.

But it was the F'n Ravens, and we knew they would beat us down physically. And they did.

JC did what he does, and we had a ray of hope... but then, the expected happened.

Did we?

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 10:46 PM
The three td's were nice, but two of them came late after the defense held KC in the game for the better part of it. The turnovers bothered me, and against a team not in shambles (Giants) this could have meant destruction. All in all I felt like it was a regressive performance for Smith.But before the game, the Giants were a highly talented, dangerous team with their backs against the wall.

You can't have it both ways. All the Chiefs can do is keep wining.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Can't turn the ball over against Denver. No way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
But before the game, the Giants were a highly talented, dangerous team with their backs against the wall.

You can't have it both ways. All the Chiefs can do it keep wining.

True.

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Did we?I did.

I was excited and happy for it... but I didn't really expect a win.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Did we?

No.

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I did.

Fair enough.

GordonGekko
10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Then I have no reason to listen to your opinion. Because it is incorrect, and Im sure anyone else her would be happy to tell you the same.
I question whether you even watched the game, actually.

Well, I watched it, we had 10 offensive points until about 6:00 left in the game. Nothing to be super stoked about, but continue on with your AS circle jerk.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 10:50 PM
No.

Ahhhh...riding the crest of Casshole Hope.

Those weren't the days.:evil:

beach tribe
10-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Ahhhh...riding the crest of Casshole Hope.

Those weren't the days.:evil:

I know, right?

SAUTO
10-02-2013, 10:55 PM

Agreed
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I did.

I expected a win.

Silly me. And now it made me even harder on Smith. +1 I want greatness now...

I hope he can become that. Sunday's second half was a good start
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
10-02-2013, 10:59 PM

LMAO You're an idiot.

SAUTO
10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
LMAO You're an idiot.

Isn't he a fan of another team?
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I expected a win.

Silly me. And now it made me even harder on Smith. +1 I want greatness now...

I hope he can become that. Sunday's second half was a good start
Posted via Mobile DeviceAlex Smith is a hell of a lot better than Cassel. And this D is a hell of a lot better than that one was.

Times have changed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Will there ever be a shittier game manager than Cassel in this league? Is it even possible?

SAUTO
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Alex Smith is a hell of a lot better than Cassel. And this D is a hell of a lot better than that one was.

Times have changed.

No argument here.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Will there ever be a shittier game manager than Cassel in this league? Is it even possible?

He can't even be called THAT.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-02-2013, 11:08 PM

1 of those was a tipped ball. The other maybe should not have been thrown, but Bowe didn't help with the route either. He made better throws throughout the game than he had previously. Yes, he did indeed improve.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Game Mismanager?

KcMizzou
10-02-2013, 11:12 PM
1 of those was a tipped ball. The other maybe should not have been thrown, but Bowe didn't help with the route either. He made better throws throughout the game than he had previously. Yes, he did indeed improve.Agreed.

JF08
10-02-2013, 11:50 PM

Matt Schaub.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Alex is ready to execute these pathetic teams that turn the ball over.

http://www.livingdice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/4e_executioner.jpg

keg in kc
10-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Not to mention the 1st pick was on Bowe, and the 2nd one hit two hands, but I will lay it at his feet, because it was not a great throw.I thought they were both on Smith, but, you know what, that's fine. You aren't going to throw 40 perfect passes in any game and sometimes when you take chances it won't work. I was very encouraged by what I saw against the giants, particularly the last 20 minutes or so of the game. I hope that's the first flashes of what the offense will be.

SanDiego49er
10-03-2013, 12:48 AM
You did well in getting Alex Smith. Are you ready to believe it yet? I knew he would do well for you.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2013, 01:00 AM

Thank you for not watching the game, fucktard.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2013, 01:02 AM
2010 was an absolute fucking fraud of a season, and the Ravens demonstrated it so. I don't believe this Chiefs team could possibly fold like that and so quickly.

The only BITCH talking about 2010 is you

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2013, 01:03 AM

Time and time again, you prove that you're a fucking retard.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Well, I watched it, we had 10 offensive points until about 6:00 left in the game. Nothing to be super stoked about, but continue on with your AS circle jerk.

Four quarters. 60 minutes, douche.

Simply Red
10-03-2013, 01:12 AM

yes

Simply Red
10-03-2013, 01:19 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Alex-Smith-Tennessee-Will-Be-A-Good-Test-For-Us/d5c95cb9-533e-4ac8-86b9-a8941f1cf309

thanks.

KCSLC2008
10-03-2013, 01:54 AM
I thought they were both on Smith, but, you know what, that's fine. You aren't going to throw 40 perfect passes in any game and sometimes when you take chances it won't work. I was very encouraged by what I saw against the giants, particularly the last 20 minutes or so of the game. I hope that's the first flashes of what the offense will be.

I felt that Smith deserved an incompletion for the tipped INT, but not an INT. But I was ok with it because it didn't cost us points (no credit to Smith for that) and Smith had thrown a few passes in prior games that could have been INT'd and more costly.

The first INT I would give Smith as much blame as Bowe, but would give the defense credit for the recognition and hustle to get the edge and I would say that Smith has to throw before he would see that. So it's mitigated both ways. Just take smart shots and win most battles.

The Bad Guy
10-03-2013, 04:59 AM

Just so I can understand this level of stupidity.

The Bowe INT was bad, but Bowe also never crossed Amukamara's face and Smith had throw the ball expecting him to do so.

The 2nd INT was kicked in the air and one of the luckiest INT bounces you will see.

Jesus.

The Bad Guy
10-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Four quarters. 60 minutes, douche.

The goalposts continually get moved. It's hilarious.

threebag
10-03-2013, 05:28 AM

F O C U S

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2013, 06:20 AM

So somewhere in between last Sunday's outcome and now, you have decided to completely change your outlook??? Alex has regressed to an A? What was he before? are you not taking your meds? :hmmm:

Gotta go with an A.

He has surpassed all my expectations thus far. On pace for a 28 td season, not too shabby. 4-0 is awesome.

His scrambling has added an extra dimension to the offense that keeps drives alive.

If he didn't have the picks today I'd have slotted him with an A+.
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=10032224#post10032224

BlackHelicopters
10-03-2013, 06:51 AM

The Chiefssteak sandwich?

mdchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 07:00 AM

JFC that's what good teams do. The defense works when the offense is out of sync. Let's wait and see how the game plan changes if we are ever down by 2 scores before we start pegging what this offense is. Fuck!

duncan_idaho
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM

I'm a member of the skeptic/wait-and-see crowd... and I will say I'd take the way Alex Smith played in the second half, when he threw two picks, over the way he played in the first 11 quarters... any day of the week.

It was a big step forward because he actually attacked the intermediate areas of the field and made "NFL open" throws rather than only making throws that were completely wide open.

I have a feeling an All-22 view of the second half against the Giants would show much differently than All-22 from previous weeks or even that first half, when we have consistently heard about Smith bypassing open receivers down the field in favor of short scrambles or wide-open checkdowns.

I still want to see Smith play like that for an entire game and then for a few games in a row (if we get through the next quarter of the season with him playing like that in each game, I'll probably have come most of the way around).

Marcellus
10-03-2013, 08:01 AM
If the offense gets better each week, even incrementally and does not backslide, we might actually make some legit noise in the post season...

2010 was an absolute ****ing fraud of a season, and the Ravens demonstrated it so. I don't believe this Chiefs team could possibly fold like that and so quickly.

So basically you are admitting you have been completely wrong and full of shit the entire off-season and up to this point this season?

Huh, who could have guessed that.

trndobrd
10-03-2013, 08:20 AM
It was a big step forward because he actually attacked the intermediate areas of the field and made "NFL open" throws rather than only making throws that were completely wide open.

As Smith gets more comfortable and more aggressive, his INT numbers will go up. That's just the nature of the game. So long as we don't see INTs resulting from poor decision making, terrible throws and desperation (i.e Mark Castle under pressure) I'm OK with it. Smith is smart enough to understand the game situation and know when he can be more aggressive, and when to play it safe.

BTW: What's the deal with the chick with the sexy voice? It makes me want to go buy a pack of Lucky Strikes.

duncan_idaho
10-03-2013, 08:45 AM
As Smith gets more comfortable and more aggressive, his INT numbers will go up. That's just the nature of the game. So long as we don't see INTs resulting from poor decision making, terrible throws and desperation (i.e Mark Castle under pressure) I'm OK with it. Smith is smart enough to understand the game situation and know when he can be more aggressive, and when to play it safe.

BTW: What's the deal with the chick with the sexy voice? It makes me want to go buy a pack of Lucky Strikes.

Re: the bolded... I am still not completely convinced of that. His recent history with the 49ers is slanted towards him not turning it on and being aggressive when he needs to do so.

That's been - and remains - my biggest concern with the Alex Smith QB plan.

I'm open to him improving that factor, and hope he does. Just need to see it consistently (and become who he is as a QB, his pattern, rather than something we occasionally see) to believe it.

UtesChief
10-03-2013, 08:55 AM
The goalposts continually get moved. It's hilarious.

Over and over and over again.

This is the same tired routine as it was with the Niners. It'll continue for all of his playing days here-fore and forever.

He wins. That'll never be good enough.

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2013, 09:12 AM
So basically you are admitting you have been completely wrong and full of shit the entire off-season and up to this point this season?

I'm saying that there does exist some legit possibility for the team to do well beyond the regular season.

I'm also saying you and Dane can go fist each other with Ginsu Knives.:shrug:

Marcellus
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm saying that there does exist some legit possibility for the team to do well beyond the regular season.

I'm also saying you and Dane can go fist each other with Ginsu Knives.:shrug:

And you spent all offseason screaming at the top of your lungs about how enlightened you were and you wouldn't root for this team until we drafted a QB in round 1.

And now you fully admit you are full of shit.

Thanks for clarifying.

At least you have seen the light.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2013, 09:25 AM
And you spent all offseason screaming at the top of your lungs about how enlightened you were and you wouldn't root for this team until we drafted a QB in round 1.

Thanks for clarifying.

I will get my 1st round QB eventually.

Mugalug
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
So somewhere in between last Sunday's outcome and now, you have decided to completely change your outlook??? Alex has regressed to an A? What was he before? are you not taking your meds? :hmmm:

Burn.

Mav
10-03-2013, 11:11 AM

I don't think so. Last year, when he threw picks against the Giants, he completely folded.

This year, he just went on about it. And lets not pretend that the second pick was really on Smith, or anything but stupid luck. If the ball isn't kicked back into the air, its not a pick, and to be honest, that ball hit the ground. just wasn't conclusive. But to think that 2 turnovers in 4 games is that big of a deal?

Come on man.

Mav
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Turn your rep back on.

and everyone rep this man. This is some fine ownage right here.

Mav
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Man. And if Bray works out like I think he will.

Its going to be a LONG time before you get that first round qb.

BigCatDaddy
10-03-2013, 11:17 AM
But before the game, the Giants were a highly talented, dangerous team with their backs against the wall.

You can't have it both ways. All the Chiefs can do is keep wining.

True. Like we need to stop saying that how awesome that Dallas D is that gave up 30 to San Diego and the Giants.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Man. And if Bray works out like I think he will.

Its going to be a LONG time before you get that first round qb.

I hope Bray succeeds, but at some point in my life, I will get that goddamned QB.:harumph:

Sandy Vagina
10-04-2013, 08:10 AM
thought this was worth noting...

% of formations used.. (all teams)

League average for :
11 personnel (1 back, 1 TE, 3 WRs) -- 51.62%
12 personnel (1 back, 2 TEs, 2 WRs) - 19.74%
21 personnel (2 backs, 1 TE, 2 WRs) - 13.26%

The Chiefs are:
KC 44.78% for the 11 ---- 12.12% for the 12 ---- 16.84% for the 21

ProFootballFocus

King_Chief_Fan
10-04-2013, 08:11 AM

you best change teams if you think that is going to happen

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
you best change teams if you think that is going to happen

There will come a time when the talent on the board will be so undeniable that this FO will have no choice but to jump like a dog chasing a treat.

My day will come.

Halfcan
10-04-2013, 08:44 AM

:thumb:

Halfcan
10-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

:$2500:

Wallcrawler
10-04-2013, 10:03 AM

Not sure if serious.

Easy 6
10-04-2013, 02:40 PM

As others have said 1000 times far better than i will here... you're blatantly leaving out Smythes contributions to these efforts.

If he doesnt do his job and do it well, we dont win crap, its as simple as that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
:thumb:

:$2500:

As others have said 1000 times far better than i will here... you're blatantly leaving out Smythes contributions to these efforts.

If he doesnt do his job and do it well, we dont win crap, its as simple as that.

I'VE GOT A KNIFE IN MY BACK!
I'VE GOT A HOLE IN MY ARM!
I'M DRIVIN' DANE'S SIS-TER ON A DRUUUUUUUUG FARM!

Chiefaholic
10-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Matt Schaub.

Bull****!

Chiefaholic
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Just so I can understand this level of stupidity.

The Bowe INT was bad, but Bowe also never crossed Amukamara's face and Smith had throw the ball expecting him to do so.

The 2nd INT was kicked in the air and one of the luckiest INT bounces you will see.

Jesus.

I watched the Charles INT multiple times after the call and even frame by frame. From my vantage point, it sure as hell looked like the nose of the ball hit the ground before the defender gained control. In no way, shape, or form should Alex be accountable for that one. Charles should have caught it, it had a fluke bounce off his foot, and I still believe it hit the ground first.

BigCatDaddy
10-06-2013, 08:22 AM
I watched the Charles INT multiple times after the call and even frame by frame. From my vantage point, it sure as hell looked like the nose of the ball hit the ground before the defender gained control. In no way, shape, or form should Alex be accountable for that one. Charles should have caught it, it had a fluke bounce off his foot, and I still believe it hit the ground first.

LMAO The excuses never end.

Shit happens. He played a good second half so let the Alexcuses go.

Anyong Bluth
10-06-2013, 09:26 AM
25-4-1 in his last 30, and for every knock he gets for not slinging it all around the field.

He fits a team with a nasty D, good special teams, and it's actually weird to see us even move the ball. Our offense isn't even anything but average at this point, but living with Cassel and the rest has made me enthused even when we can string along a drive and actually convert a 3rd down. Alex has also done well with scrambling to get some pretty important gains, and keeping defenses a bit more honest even though he routinely is running 3 step drops. I'll also give him credit for getting distributing the ball around, and I think the lowest total number of guys with a catch in our 1st 4 games is 7.

I think he will get at least a bit better as the offense gels, the line hopefully protects better, and he establishes a better report and time with his receivers.

Smith may not be the guy that can sling you to a comeback, but think of the number of times a guy like Cutler, or sometimes Farve to a much lesser degree, ended up costing his team close games with their chucking the rock. Of course, we'd all love to have Rodgers, and that elite guy, but it's a good start after suffering from terrible QB play for so many years.

Anyong Bluth
10-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Both tipped balls, and Bowe ran the wrong route. Not every interception is on the QB. Of course he's not been perfect, but those aren't turnovers you're gonna run the tape back and say stupid or high risk play or throw.

Anyong Bluth
10-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I think if we placed a jugs machine behind center and had it swivel and randomly throwing the ball in an unknown direction, it would at least match Cassel's ability to make a completion- probably giving a slight advantage to the Jugs machine being more successful.

SAUTO
10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Both tipped balls, and Bowe ran the wrong route. Not every interception is on the QB. Of course he's not been perfect, but those aren't turnovers you're gonna run the tape back and say stupid or high risk play or throw.

I dint think you can say Bowe ran the wrong route. He got beat to the spot
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
10-06-2013, 09:46 AM
As long as we keep executing team after team after team after team I'm cool with that...

bevischief
10-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Win.

Easy 6
10-06-2013, 10:37 AM
I'll also give him credit for getting distributing the ball around, and I think the lowest total number of guys with a catch in our 1st 4 games is 7.

I'm really liking that aspect of his game as well, if you're open its coming to you, he isn't playing favorites... cant key in on one guy that way.

KcMizzou
10-06-2013, 10:39 AM
As long as we keep executing team after team after team after team I'm cool with that...Haha.. exactly.

Anyong Bluth
10-06-2013, 11:01 AM
I dint think you can say Bowe ran the wrong route. He got beat to the spot
Posted via Mobile Device

It was talked about specifically, and it wasn't Smith saying that. I'm just passing along the info. He had more than 1 route option based on D lineup and shading.

94niners
10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Meanwhile Alex Smith haters, the "game manager" just managed his way to a 5-0 start. LMAO. Alex is elite at only one thing, but it just so happens to be the most fundamental thing to quarterbacking.

Valiant
10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Meanwhile Alex Smith haters, the "game manager" just managed his way to a 5-0 start. LMAO. Alex is elite at only one thing, but it just so happens to be the most fundamental thing to quarterbacking.

Wow you are a fucking tool.. If the chiefs won without Alex completing a pass you would still praise him..

Mav
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Wow you are a ****ing tool.. If the chiefs won without Alex completing a pass you would still praise him..

Alex played like shit. happens to every qb. Tough road game. Flawed performance. Still got the win. Moving on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Alex fucking sucked soggy balls today; STFU

Marcellus
10-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Alex ****ing sucked soggy balls today; STFU

You do realize you have never ever been correct about anything including being born right?

Marcellus
10-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Wow you are a ****ing tool.. If the chiefs won without Alex completing a pass you would still praise him..

And the haters wouldn't bitch f he went 23/25 and 2 TD's?

It works both ways.

He made plays he needed to and thats not fucking arguable. At all.

Had the refs not blown the call on Bowe's TD his stats would have been fine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2013, 02:44 PM
You do realize you have never ever been correct about anything including being born right?

HE FUCKING SUCKED EXCEPT FOR TWO PASSES.

SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!

Mav
10-06-2013, 02:48 PM
HE ****ING SUCKED EXCEPT FOR TWO PASSES.

SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!

the only difference that I saw.

Alex Smith normally if he played that poorly would of collapsed into an implosion. They still won the game INSPITE of Alex Smiths poor play.

Although, he did take more risks today. that interception was awful.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2013, 02:51 PM
the only difference that I saw.

Alex Smith normally if he played that poorly would of collapsed into an implosion. They still won the game INSPITE of Alex Smiths poor play.

Although, he did take more risks today. that interception was awful.

I'll even give credit to the Bowe pass which was whistled dead.

SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!LMAO

Hopefully, he just had a really bad game. It happens. But even worse weather than this is coming as is Denver. This offense needs to start clicking, and yesterday.

Mav
10-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll even give credit to the Bowe pass which was whistled dead.

SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!LMAO

Hopefully, he just had a really bad game. It happens. But even worse weather than this is coming as is Denver. This offense needs to start clicking, and yesterday.

That's a good defense they have in Tennessee.

It was an ugly game for sure. Dallas is beating on the broncos right now by the way.

in a very chief like fashion as well.

94niners
10-06-2013, 02:59 PM

Read what I said carefully. DID Alex make the critical plays right when the team needed it in crunch time? Why, yes, yes he did. Is that what an elite game manager does? Oh, my, yes it is! Whag a coincidence that Alex keeps doing what a great game manager DOES, but he ISN'T a great game manager. Incredible, no?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2013, 03:08 PM
That's a good defense they have in Tennessee.

It was an ugly game for sure. Dallas is beating on the broncos right now by the way.

in a very chief like fashion as well.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

We can't win 'em all, but I just hate sloppy football.

Wallcrawler
10-06-2013, 04:12 PM
We got lucky today.

If anyone told you before the game that the Chiefs would be 1/11 on third down, and would turn the football over twice, there's no way you could imagine that being a win for KC. Execution was horrendous on offense today.

Our offense against their offense, we did still outscore them, but barely. 19-17.
Had Munchak followed the book on NFL coaching, they would have outscored us 20-19 when he took a FG instead of the turnover on downs.

Its a testament to the fearsomeness of our defense. Munchak really thought that was going to be one of the few chances they got down there to score and had to take it, and in Championship Caliber Defense fashion, the Chiefs stoned their asses again on 4th down.

This game was all about the defense. 5 three and outs, and the initial touchdown they gave up was just a busted play, which is a common theme against this defense. Very very few scores given up on sustained drives. Its always some huge play that goes the distance.

They took some licks today, but came roaring back with 2 late interceptions and a sack to crush the Titans in their home stadium, and get a little revenge on a QB that had previously punched their ticket handily more than once.

Offense has a lot of cleaning up to do. If the emphasis was on execution, they sure didn't show it today. Huge props to the defense for carrying us and putting us in position for the offense and Succop to score enough points to take this one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Apparently, focus needs to be the focus. Because execution sure as fuck wasn't it today.