PDA

View Full Version : Football Jon Beason traded to N.Y. Giants

thabear04
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Two weeks after benching Jon Beason, the Carolina Panthers are on the verge of a trade with a team that has a need at linebacker.

The Panthers have agreed to a trade that would send Beason to the New York Giants in exchange for a late-round draft pick, a source informed of the process told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal is contingent on Beason passing a Friday physical, which is no certainty considering his checkered injury history.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports initially reported the trade scenario.

Why do you love football? Share your story and you could win a VIP Super Bowl XLVIII trip.

It makes sense that the two teams would connect on a trade, as Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman worked with Giants general manager Jerry Reese for years in the Big Apple.

After splitting time evenly with Chase Blackburn in the Panthers' first two games this season, Beason played just one snap in the third game. It's ironic that he's been replaced by a player the Giants allowed to walk in free agency.

Although Beason started all 64 games while earning three Pro Bowl selections from 2007 to 2010, he has played just seven games since tearing his Achilles tendon in the 2011 season opener.

Beason's primary problem is that he has been a liability in coverage while regaining confidence in a knee that was surgically repaired in 2012.

The Giants will gamble that he can return to form and provide an upgrade at one of the linebacker spots. Regardless, this isn't the kind of trade that will reverse the fortunes of an 0-4 team allowing the most points in the NFL at the quarter-season mark.

TimBone
10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
To the ship!

CaliforniaChief
10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
There have been an unusually high number of player trades this season, or at least it seems that way. Maybe the numbers say otherwise.

Bewbies
10-03-2013, 11:16 PM
I hope this trend of trading players continues. Always fun to read about and discuss.

aturnis
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Two weeks after benching Jon Beason, the Carolina Panthers are on the verge of a trade with a team that has a need at linebacker.

The Panthers have agreed to a trade that would send Beason to the New York Giants in exchange for a late-round draft pick, a source informed of the process told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal is contingent on Beason passing a Friday physical, which is no certainty considering his checkered injury history.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports initially reported the trade scenario.

Why do you love football? Share your story and you could win a VIP Super Bowl XLVIII trip.

It makes sense that the two teams would connect on a trade, as Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman worked with Giants general manager Jerry Reese for years in the Big Apple.

After splitting time evenly with Chase Blackburn in the Panthers' first two games this season, Beason played just one snap in the third game. It's ironic that he's been replaced by a player the Giants allowed to walk in free agency.

Although Beason started all 64 games while earning three Pro Bowl selections from 2007 to 2010, he has played just seven games since tearing his Achilles tendon in the 2011 season opener.

Beason's primary problem is that he has been a liability in coverage while regaining confidence in a knee that was surgically repaired in 2012.

The Giants will gamble that he can return to form and provide an upgrade at one of the linebacker spots. Regardless, this isn't the kind of trade that will reverse the fortunes of an 0-4 team allowing the most points in the NFL at the quarter-season mark.

Is there a word limit for my response?

thabear04
10-03-2013, 11:23 PM

Haha sorry I'm on my ipad must of copy the ad to.

Rain Man
10-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I had no idea that Beason had declined from pro bowler to Kawika Mitchell-er.

Psyko Tek
10-03-2013, 11:53 PM

cause it's football

Namor40
10-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Amazing that Beason can still play considering he's held together by chicken wire and duct tape. :D:D

Mav
10-04-2013, 01:17 AM
I had no idea that Beason had declined from pro bowler to Kawika Mitchell-er.

NO. Hes not on the Kawika Mitchell level. Mitchell wasn't overly talented, but he COULD GET ON THE FIELD.

Jon Beason has just fallen apart. Much like LaVar Arrington.

BlackHelicopters
10-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Giants are printing tickets as we speak.

mdchiefsfan
10-04-2013, 06:07 AM
There have been an unusually high number of player trades this season, or at least it seems that way. Maybe the numbers say otherwise.

I was just thinking this. It's almost like basketball before the trade deadline. I don't recall this many trades going on in previous seasons at all.

Brooklyn
10-04-2013, 06:12 AM
7 games over the last 3 years. Cool. Beason hasn't been on the field since I drafted him in an IDP league years ago. Funniest part is the NYG let Chase Blackburn go and he stole Beason's starting job in Carolina. Well played, Jerry.

WhawhaWhat
10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
It's awfully nice of thabear04 to offer a VIP trip to the Super Bowl.

Bowser
10-04-2013, 07:17 AM
This makes no sense at all for the Giants.

TambaBerry
10-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Trade won't go through, Beason will fail the physical.

the Talking Can
10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
giants entering the Kendrell Bell phase of their decline...