PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fokou

T-post Tom
10-07-2013, 08:33 AM
And we're all shocked that D.Bowe was called out of bounds. And that Berry was called for interference. And..... It's football. You lost. Move along...

Moise Fokou “shocked” by flag for hit on Alex Smith

In Week One, Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David was penalized for hitting Jets quarterback Geno Smith out of bounds, setting the Jets up for a game-winning field goal.

The play wasn’t malicious, but a case of David starting to make a tackle on a quarterback running near the sideline and finishing it as Smith stepped out of bounds. Smith had gained extra yards by remaining inbounds several other times during the game, making David’s desire to make sure he didn’t do so again both understandable and painful to the Bucs.

Something similar played out in Tennessee on Sunday with a quarterback who shares a last name with the Jets signal caller. Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith was running near the sideline with the Titans leading 17-13 in the fourth quarter when he was hit by Titans linebacker Moise Fokou as he stepped out. Fokou was penalized and the Chiefs went on to score the go-ahead touchdown on their way to a 26-17 win. Fokou took issue with the call after the game.

“I was shocked,” Fokou said, via John Glennon of the Tennessean. “I thought I was OK. … The way I looked at it, I thought [Smith] was still [in bounds]. I’m going full speed, left my feet and I don’t know how to stop in mid-air.”

Fokou’s description of the play and the difficulties faced by defensive players in those situations is pretty much on the money, although that doesn’t change the fact that hits like that on quarterbacks almost always draw flags. Coach Mike Munchak bemoaned the way those calls are made, as did perennial opponent of NFL rules Bernard Pollard. In a surprising twist, Pollard also said that Fokou needs to be more mindful of the way games are called.

“The quarterback wasn’t out yet and this guy is somebody who’s diving and sliding late, all this other stuff,” Pollard said. “It’s a gray area and it’s something I think needs to be corrected in the rules because it’s hard for us defensive players. Having said that, you have to look at the situation we were in and you have to let him go. The guy was 2 yards shy.”

David was fined for his Week One hit. We’ll find out if Fokou faces the same discipline later this week.

http://s.mcstatic.com/thumb/8107131/21725867/4/flash_player/0/1/austin_powers_in_goldmember_2002_japanese_twins_part_2.jpg?v=4

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/07/moise-fokou-shocked-by-flag-for-hit-on-alex-smith/

Ace Gunner
10-07-2013, 08:34 AM
i love horny asian women

T-post Tom
10-07-2013, 08:35 AM
i love horny asian women

Asian women? Hmmmmmmmm... I'll have to look into that...

J Diddy
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Asian women? Hmmmmmmmm... I'll have to look into that...

You have to do them sideways. Ya know because they're vaginas are sideways.

KCUnited
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Fokou's tears are slightly more delicious than Solomon Wilcots.

Ace Gunner
10-07-2013, 08:41 AM
btw- it was a pussy call, but that's life. until they make official calls reviewable via replay.

J Diddy
10-07-2013, 08:43 AM
btw- it was a pussy call, but that's life. until they make official calls reviewable via replay.

I see them going that route just so they can sell extra commercial time.

RealSNR
10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
It was on 2nd freakin down.

Nobody weeps for this Fuckyou asshole. He can go cum on a dildo and eat it.

loochy
10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't know how ANYONE could be shocked or surprised by the call on the hit to Alex. In this league, you can't do ANYTHING to the QB.

Halfcan
10-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't know how ANYONE could be shocked or surprised by the call on the hit to Alex. In this league, you can't do ANYTHING to the QB.

Well it wasn't just the hit- he gave and extra shove clearly trying to smash him into the the trainers tables. If he just let up a little- probably would have been fine. They got plenty of bad calls their way as well.

-King-
10-07-2013, 09:03 AM
It was on 2nd freakin down.

Nobody weeps for this Fuckyou asshole. He can go cum on a dildo and eat it.

It was 3rd down.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
10-07-2013, 09:09 AM
It was 3rd down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then it makes up for the Eric Berry bullshit call.

Fuckyou can still go fuck himself

BlackHelicopters
10-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Fokou's tears are slightly more delicious than Solomon Wilcots.

Solomon is still gargling Titan cum.

Jerm
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
What do you expect...launching yourself at all of things a Quarterback when it's that close to the sidelines and he's headed out short of a first down is extremely stupid.

Fuck this guy.

loochy
10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
What do you expect...launching yourself at all of things a Quarterback when it's that close to the sidelines and he's headed out short of a first down is extremely stupid.

This. He hit a QB. Dat just the way NFL go.

T-post Tom
10-07-2013, 09:18 AM
...Nobody weeps for this ****you asshole. He can go cum on a dildo and eat it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chiefs RT Eric Fisher will be inactive. Replaced by Donald Stephenson. Let&#39;s see if Greg Williams can exploit the downgrade. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cbssports&amp;src=hash">#cbssports</a></p>&mdash; Solomon Wilcots (@SolomonsWisdom_) <a href="https://twitter.com/SolomonsWisdom_/statuses/386863062063390720">October 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dannybcaitlyn
10-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Whatever happened to blowing the whistle, when forward progress has stopped? These refs blew!

Rain Man
10-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Honestly, Bowe was out of bounds. I think it's pretty obvious. You can't step on the white.

And the call on Smith was indeed a head-scratcher in our favor, but there had been so many terrible calls against us that I think it all evened out in the end. The Chiefs took advantage of their bogus call, and the Titans took advantage of only one of their bogus calls when all was said and done.

Lzen
10-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Honestly, Bowe was out of bounds. I think it's pretty obvious. You can't step on the white.

And the call on Smith was indeed a head-scratcher in our favor, but there had been so many terrible calls against us that I think it all evened out in the end. The Chiefs took advantage of their bogus call, and the Titans took advantage of only one of their bogus calls when all was said and done.

Honestly, I couldn't tell from the quick replay they showed whether Bowe was out or not.

scho63
10-07-2013, 09:48 AM

**** this guy.

:thumb:

If he shoved him with his hands rather than launching at him, I say there is no RTP call but the fact that he took off like a missile and rammed him like a rhino made it a no-brainer IMHO.

-King-
10-07-2013, 09:58 AM

This. I thoughts Bowe was out of bounds too.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
This. I thoughts Bowe was out of bounds too.
Posted via Mobile Device

I disagree. It was as close as can be, but it seemed like he came right up to the edge, but NOT on the white. At least that's what I saw on the replay. Then again, I wouldn't bet money either way, it was close.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Then it makes up for the Eric Berry bullshit call.

Fuckyou can still go fuck himself

Yep, the PI on Berry was horseshit. Wilcots actually sounded like he thought it was horseahit too. But he did have Shitzpatrick's cock in his mouth most of the rest of the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
I felt like the whole game was poorly called. Those refs probably won't make the post season.

Gravedigger
10-07-2013, 10:20 AM
The call on Berry that kept their drive alive was the biggest bullshit call ever. I don't want to hear someone bitching when they try to get away with a launching hit on a QB when he's clearly going out of bounds. Fuck the Titans, dirty ass team under Gregg Williams.

journeyscarab
10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
“I was shocked,” Fokou said, via John Glennon of the Tennessean. “I thought I was OK. … The way I looked at it, I thought [Smith] was still [in bounds]. I’m going full speed, left my feet and I don’t know how to stop in mid-air.”

Maybe he should have tried to break apart in mid-air thus avoiding the penalty.

Baby Lee
10-07-2013, 10:28 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GVrTepl2hvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz
10-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Titans got tons of calls yesterday, they can suck it.

Contrarian
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Bowe was in, it was close but I watched it over and over and over blown up 300% and he was in.

Halfcan
10-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Titans got tons of calls yesterday, they can suck it.

yep Fokou Titans-lol

Cornstock
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
"Perennial opponent of NFL rules Bernard Pollard."

Loved that line

tooge
10-07-2013, 12:04 PM
that call would have been made exactly like it was in 15 other stadiums yesterday. First off, you aren't allowed to leave your feet and "launch" yourself at a QB. Second, he was obviously slanting toward the sideline with the intention of stepping out. Hell, the great Wallendas couldn't have walked the sideline with the angle he was heading. It was the right call and just like the one on Geno, it'll be called that way all year. Players just need to understand, you can "ride" the guy out of bounds to assure he is going that way without trying to drill the crap out of him.

ptlyon
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Bowe was in, it was close but I watched it over and over and over blown up 300% and he was in.

Bet pubes are HUGE on that thing!

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Does anybody have a screen cap from the game of the group of guys with the tshirts that said something like 'we will fokou up'? That was pretty awesome.