PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey get on the Phone

Pages : [1] 2

Shox
10-07-2013, 09:49 PM
With the Falcons at 1-4, and the Saints 5-0 it begs an phone to see if Gonzo is available for a late round pick.

We need aTE and Gonzo has proven he still has a lot of gas still in the tank.

Is this even a possibility? I dont think TGs cap is all that high. I would think TG would be interested in coming home for a playoff run. Will the Falcons send a signal to their fans it is a lost season is a long shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
That would really be something.

Fritz88
He wouldn't even pick up the call. He's done.

Edit: done playing and not producing because he can ball.
Posted via Mobile Device

AussieChiefsFan
With the Falcons at 1-4, and the Saints 5-0 it begs an phone to see if Gonzo is available for a late round pick.

We need aTE and Gonzo has proved he still has a lot of gas still in the tank.

Is this even a possibility? I dont think TGs cap is all that high. I would think TG would be interested in coming for a playoff run. Will the Falcons send a signal to their fans it is a lost season is a long shot.The Beard would disagree.

That being said.....

COME BACK, TONY!!

Bugeater
We kinda already had this thread.

DaWolf
10-07-2013, 09:54 PM
It's only 5 games people. The Falcons are 2 games out of a playoff spot with 11 games to go. Their next 3 are winnable. They're not trading Gonzo...

hometeam
10-07-2013, 09:55 PM
No way in hell this happens. I am not sure why people keep pretending like its a possibility.

Ace Gunner
10-07-2013, 09:56 PM
TONY AND WE NEED A WR TOO SAY HELLO JULIO JONES MAN SUPERBOWL THIS IS AWSUME YAY

mikey23545
Go fuck yourself, Gonzalez...

O.city
They ain't winning that division. They're a shit team right now.

If gonzo wanted it, it would get done

Cephalic Trauma
10-07-2013, 09:57 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/536/498/BV29kOYCIAAWyff_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

Borrow Jerry's flip phone and make the call!!

CrazyPhuD
He better be QQuick about it or Tony might already be traded.

SPchief
No way in hell this happens. I am not sure why people keep pretending like its a possibility.

Well, someone with source says it's a possiblity

hometeam
10-07-2013, 09:59 PM

Saw that just now.

Still don't see it.

CaliforniaChief
10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah we've pretty much beat this horse.

I would imagine Tony would have to initiate it in terms of interest. But Dorsey should at least make the call and let Dimitroff know we're interested.

BossChief
10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I know Tony G says this is his last year, but if that's the case, why did he sign a 2 year contract?

[x]
3/14/2013: Signed a two-year, $14 million contract. The deal contains $7 million guaranteed -- a $3.5 million signing bonus and Gonzalez's 2013 base salary. 2013: $3.5 million, 2014: $4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

RealSNR
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Tony probably hates KC and won't give a shit anymore if he gets yanked away from Atlanta

mikey23545
10-07-2013, 10:04 PM

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

CaliforniaChief
10-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, who's the source?

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:06 PM
When would the deal likely happen? Surely the falcons won't wave the flag this soon right?

Bugeater
10-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, who's the source?
I read it on chiefsplanet.com

RealSNR
10-07-2013, 10:08 PM
When would the deal likely happen? Surely the falcons won't wave the flag this soon right?

By the way, Sheldon Richardson looks hella hella good. You made a great call in clamoring for him at #1.

Can you imagine this defense with Sheldon?

Like, my brain hurts trying to contemplate the awesome.

Eleazar
Realistically, is Tony going to see us as a super bowl contender? I don't think even we here on CP see us as that.

trndobrd
Would he be able to talk Junior Hemmingway into giving up his number?

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:09 PM
By the way, Sheldon Richardson looks hella hella good. You made a great call in clamoring for him at #1.

Can you imagine this defense with Sheldon?

Like, my brain hurts trying to contemplate the awesome.

:banghead::cuss::deevee::huh:

Richardson, Poe, tamba, and Houston is how we'd beat manning

Cephalic Trauma
What the hell is this supposed to mean?

It's sarcasm. :banghead:

tk13
That's the catch with the NFL trade deadline. With White and Jones banged up trading Gonzalez is basically giving up. The Falcons certainly don't look like they're going to make it... but they're still only 2 games behind Arizona for the last WC spot. Really, within 2 games of every NFC team but NO and Seattle. They really aren't dead if their WRs could just get healthy.

Fritz88
Realistically, is Tony going to see us as a super bowl contender? I don't think even we here on CP see us as that.

I think we are more complete than the donkeys.

Saints
Seahwaks
Chiefs
9ers
Colts
Donkeys
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
10-07-2013, 10:10 PM

If the Patriots were smart they'd be right there lighting up the phones too. Plus Belichick and Dimitroff are obviously connected.

Eleazar
10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
For some reason, it seems like the Falcons talked him out of retiring to play this season - did I just imagine that?

Rausch

I think we could win a playoff game...

TripleThreat
It's only 5 games people. The Falcons are 2 games out of a playoff spot with 11 games to go. Their next 3 are winnable. They're not trading Gonzo...

I am gonna start praying to the angels o:-) Beard is doing a great job no doubt, but big G deserves a run this year. This years got a feeling to it.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Also, who cares about a 6 round pick if that's what it would take

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I think we could win a playoff game...

I think the broncos are better than us, but there is t another AFC team I'm really terrified of.

TripleThreat
10-07-2013, 10:13 PM

we could get a Tom Brady with that pick :hmmm:

Rausch
10-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I think the broncos are better than us, but there is t another AFC team I'm really terrified of.

Colts and Broncos are the only teams I think are SB contenders this year.

Sorry, the AFC sucks...

mikey23545
10-07-2013, 10:14 PM
That's the catch with the NFL trade deadline. With White and Jones banged up trading Gonzalez is basically giving up. The Falcons certainly don't look like they're going to make it... but they're still only 2 games behind Arizona for the last WC spot. Really, within 2 games of every NFC team but NO and Seattle. They really aren't dead if their WRs could just get healthy.

With that defense, what the fuck difference does that make?

Gravedigger
10-07-2013, 10:14 PM

Saints
Seahwaks
Chiefs
9ers
Colts
Donkeys
Posted via Mobile Device

That's pretty homertastic of you. I don't think their Defense is worth a shit but Denver is the best team in the league. It doesn't matter if their D gives up 48, Peyton will beat you for 51. They'll lose a game here and there, but to put them below some of those teams is ..... yeah.

I think Power Rankings have it right, we're in the 3-5 range with the Saints and Broncos at the top 2.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM

Sorry, the AFC sucks...

Exactly. So, put tony on this team and hope Alex can keep progressing, by leaps and bounds.

Gravedigger

Sorry, the AFC sucks...

Yet they've destroyed the NFC throughout the year... If anything the NFC is over rated.

tk13
With that defense, what the **** difference does that make?

Oh they'll get killed in the playoffs. The last three years they've gotten ripped by Wilson, Kaep, Eli, and especially Rodgers. But NFL teams don't often tank. Especially when the coach and GM might be fired if this team totally falls apart.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I doubt dimitrof would go, they're a year removed from the #1 seed. Smith is a goner though

Fritz88
10-07-2013, 10:17 PM
That's pretty homertastic of you. I don't think their Defense is worth a shit but Denver is the best team in the league. It doesn't matter if their D gives up 48, Peyton will beat you for 51. They'll lose a game here and there, but to put them below some of those teams is ..... yeah.

I think Power Rankings have it right, we're in the 3-5 range with the Saints and Broncos at the top 2.

I am sold after the Titans win.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Here's the thing though, if you really believe you're a top 5 team in the nfl, this is exactly a. Move you make.

Eleazar
10-07-2013, 10:18 PM

Saints
Seahwaks
Chiefs
9ers
Colts
Donkeys
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm hopeful right along with you guys, but my realistic side says our offense is too inconsistent at this point to expect us to make a move in the postseason. I feel like what's going to happen to us is having to play a wild card game on the road and losing 13-6 or whatever.

Of course anything can happen, and there is a dearth of great teams in the AFC apart from the Donkeys, but I still feel like we are probably a year away.

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 10:19 PM

Tony is a freak, sure. And he's still putting up numbers/production that puts him at the top of his position pile. And he's a great tight end. And Reid loves tight ends. And A Smith loves to throw to tight ends. However...

It's a pick. For a guy who's likely to resign with the Chiefs for retirement purposes anyway. After we just spend a high third rounder on Kelce. And Duck McGrath is kicking ass right now. And Fasano is a really good tight end.

Let's not let the sentimentality of Tony G's KC career cloud up your objective blue skies.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Tony is a freak, sure. And he's still putting up numbers/production that puts him at the top of his position pile. And he's a great tight end. And Reid loves tight ends. And A Smith loves to throw to tight ends. However...

It's a pick. For a guy who's likely to resign with the Chiefs for retirement purposes anyway. After we just spend a high third rounder on Kelce. And Duck McGrath is kicking ass right now. And Fasano is a really good tight end.

Let's not let the sentimentality of Tony G's KC career cloud up your objective blue skies.

There's apparently thought that kelce is done fort he year. And we have an extra 6 rounder from Dallas.

McGrath is a great story, but I don't know if you watched gonzo this year, but hed monumentally improve our offense.

whoman69
10-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Atlanta has to know that Tony almost didn't come back this year, and surely won't be back next year if it looks like Atl is nowhere close. Giving up a late round pick for someone who is almost sure to retire is not a bad plan.

tk13
10-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Another major problem is Junior Hemingway is wearing 88 now. Tony would have to change his number if he came back. :)

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2013, 10:32 PM
McGrath is way better

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
There's apparently thought that kelce is done fort he year. And we have an extra 6 rounder from Dallas.

McGrath is a great story, but I don't know if you watched gonzo this year, but hed monumentally improve our offense.

So you want to carry four tight ends? Just to get a 57 year old dude back in KC for the purposes of feel good nostalgia?

If Kelce goes IR for reals, yo, then I might be down with it though.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:35 PM
So you want to carry four tight ends? Just to get a 57 year old dude back in KC for the purposes of feel good nostalgia?

If Kelce goes IR for reals, yo, then I might be down with it though.

Have you watched any of the falcons this year? He'd be the best te on our team for a late round pick.

CaliforniaChief
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah for me the nostalgia is the cherry on top of everything else. Very productive, would help in the run game, could give us some really nice 2 TE sets with Sasquatch, and give Alex Smith the stud TE he would excel with.

Especially if Kelce's out for the year.

Eleazar
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
I doubt Atlanta is ready to throw in the towel.

A team like that could right the ship at midseason and make the wild card. After you have a ticket to the postseason anything can happen. I don't see them tanking.

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:39 PM
I doubt Atlanta is ready to throw in the towel.

A team like that could right the ship at midseason and make the wild card. After you have a ticket to the postseason anything can happen. I don't see them tanking.

I don't see it with that defense and ol.

They're not winning that division. And they're essentially playing the bears, pack, lions, 9ers, for a wc spot

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Tony and fasano would be some really dynamic sets

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:43 PM
The guy is still an elite te. With our qb, an elite te would be huge

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Have you watched any of the falcons this year? He'd be the best te on our team for a late round pick.

For ten games...

And Fasano looked as good with more speed prior to injury.

Look, I like Tony a ton. But that ship sailed.

No sense on wasting a pick, even a late rounder, for a ten game stretch when a guy like McGrath is kicking defenses right in the flesh marbles.

BossChief
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Dude is a weapon until proven otherwise.

BossChief
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
For ten games...

No sense on wasting a pick, even a late rounder, for a ten game stretch when a guy like McGrath is kicking defenses right in the flesh marbles.
[x]
3/14/2013: Signed a two-year, $14 million contract. The deal contains $7 million guaranteed -- a $3.5 million signing bonus and Gonzalez's 2013 base salary. 2013: $3.5 million, 2014: $4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

O.city
10-07-2013, 10:52 PM
For ten games...

Depends what you think about this team and what they can do. If you think tony allows you to have a better chance of beating the broncos, make the move.

Just keep 3 tes active and ir kelce.

ChiefsFanatic
10-07-2013, 10:55 PM
McGrath is way better

Sarcasm, right? McGrath has great hands, but he isn't breaking tackles and getting yards after the catch. TG may be old, but i het he is still faster, and he is a master route runner. Even if he had never played here, if Atlanta would dump him, it would be a mistake not to at least check with them.

It has been frustrating the past couple of years watching Ryan ignore Tony for double covered wideouts. I have watched games where he was consistently open 10-15 yards downfield and Ryan would force passes to White or Jones.

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Depends what you think about this team and what they can do. If you think tony allows you to have a better chance of beating the broncos, make the move.

Just keep 3 tes active and ir kelce.

I think we beat the Broncos as is.

Potato Head's arm is going to fall off by week 10.

And no team wins the Super Bowl with zero defense. I'm sure it's fun to watch games like the Boys/Doncs this past Sunday, but their defense absolutely sucks, they've got no running game and we all know how this shit plays out - circa 2003 Chiefs.

chief4life
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM

What source said this was a possibility? I would like to know do you have a link?

SPchief
10-07-2013, 11:11 PM
What source said this was a possibility? I would like to know do you have a link?

Chiefsplanet.com

BigRock
10-07-2013, 11:11 PM
I know Tony G says this is his last year, but if that's the case, why did he sign a 2 year contract?
Cap reasons. He gets more guaranteed money without all of it counting against their cap for this year.

Frazod
10-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Chiefsplanet.com

Print 'em.

Hoover
10-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I would love to see Tony come home, but I can't see it happening. Plus it would be foolish to send ATL a decent pick for his services. Now of they wanted a player in return, say McCluster, sure have at it.

SPchief
10-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Print 'em.

His source was pretty damn accurate last winter.

Frazod
10-07-2013, 11:19 PM
His source was pretty damn accurate last winter.

Not sure if serious, but in any event I don't see it happening. Wouldn't mind it, but won't get excited.

This has been the year for weird shit, though.

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Not sure if serious, but in any event I don't see it happening. Wouldn't mind it, but won't get excited.

This has been the year for weird shit, though.

How epic would it be for Gonzalez to return to the Chiefs then play in a Super Bowl in his final season?

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Besides, we've got Demetrius Harris on the practice squad.

There's no more room on this roster for former college bball players.

If Kelce goes IR, let's call up Harris. Guy had a great summer run from what I remember.

Frazod
10-07-2013, 11:22 PM
How epic would it be for Gonzalez to return to the Chiefs then play in a Super Bowl in his final season?

It would be epic to be able to wear my 88 jersey again.

DaneMcCloud
Cap reasons. He gets more guaranteed money without all of it counting against their cap for this year.

Eh, I'm sure that there would be more than a few guys willing to restructure in order to add Gonzalez.

Saccopoo

How epic would it be that after demanding a trade to a Super Bowl contender that the Falcons end up not making the playoffs in his final season as a pro and the Chiefs win the Super Bowl?

Well, maybe not epic, but epically ironic, no?

http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/07/alanis-morissette-ironic-4490-1232076325-31.jpg

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Besides, we've got Demetrius Harris on the practice squad.

LMAO

Psyko Tek
10-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah, who's the source?

top men are on it

Phobia
10-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Would he be able to talk Junior Hemmingway into giving up his number?

No, but I'm sure his friend Benjamin could.

Psyko Tek
10-07-2013, 11:35 PM

we got an iceberg's chance in hell
up from a icecube's chance in hell

CaliforniaChief
10-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Tell Tony he can have his parking space back.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Get on the phone and ban knowmo

Saccopoo
10-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Get on the phone and ban knowmo

I sense a theme in your more recent posts...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I sense a theme in your more recent posts...

Flush the CP turds time

Psyko Tek
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM

Sorry, the AFC sucks...

and the NFC winners are?

seahawks and 9'ers chi town maybe
NO
GB?
not impressed

oh it's the iggles or boys?

Simply Red
10-07-2013, 11:46 PM
McGrath is way better

http://i.imgur.com/OgMP5ui.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
I like his beard

kcxiv
10-08-2013, 12:20 AM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/536/498/BV29kOYCIAAWyff_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

Borrow Jerry's flip phone and make the call!!

thats the prepaid! His undercover ho's got that number!

salame
10-08-2013, 12:23 AM
would you look at that

10-08-2013, 12:26 AM
oh good grief guys

Skyy God
10-08-2013, 04:34 AM
Unfortunately, not gonna happen. 4 of ATL's next 5 games are very winnable.

The Bad Guy
10-08-2013, 04:51 AM
It's a really huge long-shot to happen and Atlanta isn't likely to trade him. But there's a lot of people in that front office that think he could put this team over the top this year.

Again, take the news with a grain of salt, don't expect it but it would be sweet if it did happen.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 04:51 AM
top men are on it

TOP. MEN.

:D

10-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Just means we would get more penalties for OPI.

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 06:17 AM
It's a really huge long-shot to happen and Atlanta isn't likely to trade him. But there's a lot of people in that front office that think he could put this team over the top this year.

Again, take the news with a grain of salt, don't expect it but it would be sweet if it did happen.

What about a Josh gordon or Greg Little? Or even Hakeem Nicks?

The Bad Guy
10-08-2013, 06:58 AM
What about a Josh gordon or Greg Little? Or even Hakeem Nicks?

Don't see it

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Don't see it

Would just like to see us add a legitimate receiving option

Frazod
10-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Unfortunately, not gonna happen. 4 of ATL's next 5 games are very winnable.

You mean like last night's game?

Dartgod
10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Let it go people. It's not gonna happen.

Radar Chief
10-08-2013, 08:03 AM
I’d be much more interested in Jordan Cameron. Maybe if we offered a second rounder……oh wait, we don’t have one.

buddha
10-08-2013, 08:07 AM

We need aTE and Gonzo has proven he still has a lot of gas still in the tank.

Is this even a possibility? I dont think TGs cap is all that high. I would think TG would be interested in coming home for a playoff run. Will the Falcons send a signal to their fans it is a lost season is a long shot.

We need somebody opposite of Bowe. A TE would be one possible solution, but you know that there are good veteran receivers out there who could be had for a reasonable pick.

jspchief
10-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Does anyone think Gonzalez would want to do this for a half of a season in likely his last year playing? For a team that is hardly a favorite to make any post season impact?

I just don't see it.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Does anyone think Gonzalez would want to do this for a half of a season in likely his last year playing? For a team that is hardly a favorite to make any post season impact?

I just don't see it.

The chiefs look better than the falcons right now. This really is his last shot at a SB. Not that I think it would happen (TG leaving or the chiefs winning the SB)...

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 08:21 AM
So he'd have a better chance with a 1-4 team than a 5-0 team?

Math says you're wrong.

A great TE is paramount in our offense. It's a perfect fit. But yeah, still a pipe dream.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Let him rot on the Falcons

The Bad Guy
10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Why couldn't the Chiefs make any post season impact?

jspchief
10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
The chiefs look better than the falcons right now. This really is his last shot at a SB. Not that I think it would happen (TG leaving or the chiefs winning the SB)...

The Chiefs do look better than the Falcons.

But the idea that he would be willing to up and move for half a season seems unlikely. The idea that he would do it for KC over some other teams that look a lot more likely to deliver a superbowl seems unlikely and tainted with homerism.

Not saying it's impossible. I'm just not convinced that #88 holds the same level of nostalgia that fans are thinking he does.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 08:27 AM
The Chiefs do look better than the Falcons.

But the idea that he would be willing to up and move for half a season seems unlikely. The idea that he would do it for KC over some other teams that look a lot more likely to deliver a superbowl seems unlikely and tainted with homerism.

Not saying it's impossible. I'm just not convinced that #88 holds the same level of nostalgia that fans are thinking he does.

I agree with you. There are other teams more likely to win the SB than us, however do they want/need a TE?

Maybe TG believes the chiefs are a TE away from winning the superbowl? Or maybe it just won't happen. Would love to see him finish as a Chief though...

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Remember...NONE of the people who pissed TG off are still in KC. From an objective, football standpoint, TG could conceivably look around the NFL and ask the question:

"Who could I go to that would give me the best chance to win a Super Bowl?"

Denver: TE is set with Julius Thomas.
New Orleans: Jimmy Graham
San Francisco: Vernon Davis
Seattle: Not a bad option, although Zack Miller is fine there, but would he want to go all the way there?
Patriots: Gronk will be back soon.

KC: Elite defense, an offense that features tight ends, a great head coach (at least superior to the one he has now.)...and then the intangibles. Familiar setting for him and family, and yes, the chance to finish it where he started.

This ain't Scott Pioli's Chiefs, folks.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
TG lining up with the Beard and Bowe/Avery would be awesome. You can't double cover all of them!

Frazod
10-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't think this will happen, but you know what? It would make for great drama if it did, and the NFL loves great drama. Future HOF player returns home for one last shot at a championship.

That shit sells.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh shit, I'm getting erect!

seaofred
10-08-2013, 09:27 AM
If we are trading for a TE, I would rather go after Vernon Davis at this point. Plus Smith already is familiar with him.

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 09:29 AM
If we are trading for a TE, I would rather go after Vernon Davis at this point. Plus Smith already is familiar with him.

Because, you know, he's available:spock:.

seaofred
10-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Because, you know, he's available:spock:.

Do we know if TG is actually available? :spock:

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Do we know if TG is actually available? :spock:

No, but that doesn't leave you exempt from criticism for proposing dumb fucking trades.

seaofred
10-08-2013, 09:42 AM
No, but that doesn't leave you exempt from criticism for proposing dumb ****ing trades.

Is it anymore dumb than suggesting trading for TG?

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Yes.

But even if it was on the same level, it's still idiotic and mindless.

wink91wink
10-08-2013, 09:50 AM

I mean the trade for TG makes some sense, because he was here before and his team is tanking. The one for Vernon makes no sense because he is a young stud TE on a 3-2 team who has won 2 straight and is one game back of a division lead.

BossChief
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM

I think they absolutely can...but a lot of things need improvement for that to happen.

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

These teams can all score a lot of points on offense and play good defense that we will need to be able to beat and thus far, I'm not sure our offense can match some of those teams point for point.

wink91wink
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
I think they absolutely can...but a lot of things need improvement for that to happen.

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

These teams can all score a lot of points on offense and play good defense that we will need to be able to beat and thus far, I'm not sure our offense can match some of those teams point for point.

Uhhhh, the jets? Baltimore and Miami would worry me more than the Jets.

O.city
10-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

Ny has scored 10 an 13 respectively against good defenses. I'm not too worried about them at this point. I don't think the bengals can score a ton on is.

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 10:06 AM

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

How about our offense plus TG? :hmmm:

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Who from the Broncos would cover Tony Gonzalez? Good Lord, he'd run wild.

ping2000
10-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Why is this a thread? As long as we are making unrealistic wishes, I want a tree that has 100$ bills for leaves, world peace, and Cosmo to say something nice about a republican.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Adam Teicher's take:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/92150/gonzalezs-return-just-wishful-thinking

In sum, it makes all the sense in the world from a football perspective, but that he is something of a diva and might mess up the chemistry. And that ATL would have no chance at a Wild Card.

The first argument is BS. The second is valid.

ROYC75
10-08-2013, 10:17 AM
TG lining up with the Beard and Bowe/Avery would be awesome. You can't double cover all of them!

It's not going to happen, but damn, that has a lot of potential!

Brock
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

NY? Wtf are you talking about?

UK_Chief
10-08-2013, 10:22 AM
It's not going to happen, but damn, that has a lot of potential!

I know. :huh: We can dream...

alpha_omega
10-08-2013, 10:26 AM
No thanks.

Frazod
10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Why is this a thread? As long as we are making unrealistic wishes, I want a tree that has 100$ bills for leaves, world peace, and Cosmo to say something nice about a republican.

Let's not get crazy here. :D

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
As much as I really don't want him back, it'd be great to have him for Denver. He's add a great dimension to the offense.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Indy
Denver
Houston
Cincy
NY

Jets? No. They're 21st in scoring. The Bengals? 24th. Houston? Houston? 25th.

The Chiefs are ninth.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
This is probably the last I'll say about the whole thing. For all of you who don't want him because you're still mad about how he wanted out (from Pioli/Haley, mind you) just know that if, against all odds, it happens, you'd be cheering at the top of your lungs and totally excited to have him back the first time he spikes the ball over the goalpost after scoring another touchdown.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2013, 10:54 AM

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/15/20/74/3477303/53/628x471.jpg

MahiMike
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I have yet to see duck dynasty drop a pass.

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Owen Daniels TE Texans is now out 4-6 weeks with non displaced fracture in his fibula. He's out next week. Schaub is awful. Bring them on next

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Julio Jones out for year.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:17 AM

WOW. Ok Atlanta, throw in the towel you're done. White has a hammy, Jackson's hobbling, FREE TONY.

nychief
10-08-2013, 11:19 AM

where did you see this?

DaFace
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
where did you see this?

‏@JayGlazer
Breaking: Falcons fear Julio Jones likely OUT for the rest of the year w a foot injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine

The Franchise
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM

Where the hell is this? I can't find it anywhere.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
We don't need "Me First" Tony on this team. Especially if it's going to cost a valuable draft choice. I think it would be bad for team chemistry and TG is dead to me for forcing his way out of KC in the first place.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Where the hell is this? I can't find it anywhere.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/31710/20131008/julio_jones_likely_out_for_season_with_foot_injury/

nychief
10-08-2013, 11:23 AM
its on twitter. foot injury.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
The stars continue to align.

nychief
10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
We don't need "Me First" Tony on this team. Especially if it's going to cost a valuable draft choice. I think it would be bad for team chemistry and TG is dead to me for forcing his way out of KC in the first place.

I dunno... think it would be a great way to end his career.

The Franchise
10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
The Falcons season is over.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I dunno... think it would be a great way to end his career.

Great for him, yes. I don't think it would be great for the Chiefs.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
And now Tony gets the bye week to read about their crumbling roster while we set a noise record at Arrowhead, go 6-0, and announce that Travis Kelce goes on IR. I'm starting to think this is a God-ordained thing.

Frazod
10-08-2013, 11:33 AM

He's got all the records. Now all he wants is a ring. I'm actually starting to get a bit caught up in this.

And I don't care if he flicks boogers at the fans and wipes his ass with the flag if it helps us win. I'm tired of losing with character.

smittysbar
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM
This would be awesome, and I think could help this offense a ton.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM
He's got all the records. Now all he wants is a ring. I'm actually starting to get a bit caught up in this.

And I don't care if he flicks boogers at the fans and wipes his ass with the flag if it helps us win. I'm tired of losing with character.

The Chiefs aren't losing. Where have you been?

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
The Chiefs aren't losing. Where have you been?

Yes, they're winning. And I'm thrilled with that. And if it doesn't work out with TG, I'll be fine. But it's an opportunity to upgrade the quality of our roster with a great player. Not a great player of the past, but a great player at a premium position on our roster. Chemistry? You think one guy who wants a ring walks into a locker room and interferes with clubhouse chemistry? No way.

ArrowheadHawk
10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
And now Tony gets the bye week to read about their crumbling roster while we set a noise record at Arrowhead, go 6-0, and announce that Travis Kelce goes on IR. I'm starting to think this is a God-ordained thing.

We aint setting the record. Seattle has an engineering advantage.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Yes, they're winning. And I'm thrilled with that. And if it doesn't work out with TG, I'll be fine. But it's an opportunity to upgrade the quality of our roster with a great player. Not a great player of the past, but a great player at a premium position on our roster. Chemistry? You think one guy who wants a ring walks into a locker room and interferes with clubhouse chemistry? No way.

If we're talking about trading a draft pick for him, what you call upgrading the roster, I call mortgaging the future for half a season of a guy who is more interested in himself than the team.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
If we're talking about trading a draft pick for him, what you call upgrading the roster, I call mortgaging the future for half a season of a guy who is more interested in himself than the team.

Realistically, even a 5th round pick would be unlikely to have the kind of impact on the team in a 2-4 year career as Gonzalez would in half a season plus the playoffs. When the iron is hot, you strike it.

And if him being interested in himself means still routinely dominating games at a position that we need to upgrade in order to play with the Broncos, then so be it. His interests align with ours. He's a mercenary. Cool.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Chiefs wil resign Tony G. eventually to go into the HOF. We might as well get some more Big games out of him.

Please trade and bring in Gordon and Gonzo-Thanks!!

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Realistically, even a 5th round pick would be unlikely to have the kind of impact on the team in a 2-4 year career as Gonzalez would in half a season plus the playoffs. When the iron is hot, you strike it.

And if him being interested in himself means still routinely dominating games at a position that we need to upgrade in order to play with the Broncos, then so be it. His interests align with ours. He's a mercenary. Cool.

We'll have to agree to disagree. The Chiefs are on the rise. That's not the time you mortgage the future by trading draft picks for end-of-the-line players or bundle picks to trade up in the draft.

InChiefsHeaven
10-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Trading a 6th is hardly mortgaging the future...we already did that with the Alex Smith signing. If Tony would be agreeable, hell yes I'd pull that trigger. He is still elite, he's on a team whose offense is crumbling...it's a chance at the storybook ending. I'm not saying TG is all we need, but damn, he'd add a shit ton to this offense, which is really just pretty good. With Tony, we'd be pretty DAMN good. If the D keeps owning...I don't see a downside to taking a chance on Tony with a 6th...we have two of them anyway!

Brock
10-08-2013, 11:59 AM
We might miss out on another k state fullback

Sorter
10-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Great for him, yes. I don't think it would be great for the Chiefs.

I'd offer a 5th or a 6th.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Trading a 6th is hardly mortgaging the future...we already did that with the Alex Smith signing. If Tony would be agreeable, hell yes I'd pull that trigger. He is still elite, he's on a team whose offense is crumbling...it's a chance at the storybook ending. I'm not saying TG is all we need, but damn, he'd add a shit ton to this offense, which is really just pretty good. With Tony, we'd be pretty DAMN good. If the D keeps owning...I don't see a downside to taking a chance on Tony with a 6th...we have two of them anyway!

If he's not all we need, why would we want him? He'll be gone before we get the rest of what we need.

Alex Smith will still be in his prime in 2014.

BossChief
10-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Jets? No. They're 21st in scoring. The Bengals? 24th. Houston? Houston? 25th.

The Chiefs are ninth.

Offensive points.

You must have overlooked that part.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Chiefs Planet drives the KC sports news cycle, I swear. LaCanfora coming to 610 to discuss the possibilities, Soren now asking Dorsey. LMAO

saphojunkie
10-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Chiefs Planet drives the KC sports news cycle, I swear. LaCanfora coming to 610 to discuss the possibilities, Soren now asking Dorsey. LMAO

Crowdsourced sports discussion. Why not? This is BY FAR the best, most knowledgeable, discerning Chiefs discussion board I have ever frequented.

chief4life
10-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Jason La Canfora is going to be on 610 sports about 2:10 today to talk about the possibility of TG coming to KC! I am starting to believe this is a very good possibility now! :)

chief4life
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Damn you beat me by like a minute i know its a repost lol

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
We might miss out on another k state fullback

LMAO you crack me up sometimes-good one!

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm sure LaCanfora, like Teicher, will throw fire retardant all over it...and at this point, rightly so.

Until we hear that Gonzalez wants to go...or that ATL is open to moving him...it's a moot point.

J Diddy
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I would suggest that I'm so sure that this isn't even remotely a possibility that I would glad put my name at stake for it. Mods, If he comes here please change my name to J Dumbass was wrong.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Jason La Canfora is going to be on 610 sports about 2:10 today to talk about the possibility of TG coming to KC! I am starting to believe this is a very good possibility now! :)

People on here are mad he left. But it wasn't about the fans- he loves KC and loved playing at Arrowhead. It was about the management- the Same management the Fans revolted against.

Duck and Gonzo would be awesome!

Mr. Kotter
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm sure LaCanfora, like Teicher, will throw fire retardant all over it...and at this point, rightly so.

Until we hear that Gonzalez wants to go...or that ATL is open to moving him...it's a moot point.

As much as it might be a dream scenario for the Chiefs....

THIS

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I would suggest that I'm so sure that this isn't even remotely a possibility that I would glad put my name at stake for it. Mods, If he comes here please change my name to J Dumbass was wrong.

ROFL man I hope you are wrong!!

TEX
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM

EXACTLY!
Anyone who wouldn't want TG for a 6th (espcially when we have two) is a special kind of an idiot.

hometeam
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Crowdsourced sports discussion. Why not? This is BY FAR the best, most knowledgeable, discerning Chiefs discussion board I have ever frequented.

No other forums pushes out a tenth of Chiefs related content.

Once I found CP I abandoned my previous board wholly.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL. -From Jay Glazer.

The Franchise
10-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Asked about the possibility of acquiring Tony Gonzalez in a Tuesday radio interview, Chiefs GM John Dorsey said "I'm very frugal with those draft picks."

www.rotoworld.com

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Chiefs GM John Dorsey said "I'm very frugal with those draft picks."

www.rotoworld.com

I'm frugal with my picks but I gave up two of them for Alex Fucking Smith.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Asked about the possibility of acquiring Tony Gonzalez in a Tuesday radio interview, Chiefs GM John Dorsey said "I'm very frugal with those draft picks."

www.rotoworld.com

:bravo:

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Dorsey's answer was pretty nebulous. He didn't slam the door.

But the tone of Glazer's tweet is a different story.

Nothing you can do about it but just move on and hope that we keep getting better or that it's a smoke screen and can be resolved behind closed doors.

But if that's his legitimate take, then good luck and have fun watching us in the playoffs.

Jerm
10-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I love Tony G. but if we're going to add an offensive piece I'd much rather it be a WR...

Rausch
10-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I love Tony G. but if we're going to add an offensive piece I'd much rather it be a WR...

This...

Rausch
10-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm frugal with my picks but I gave up two of them for Alex ****ing Smith.

Three...

Easy 6
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL. -From Jay Glazer.

Didn't see this happening at all and this pretty much confirms it.

The Bad Guy
10-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I have no idea if Atlanta does end up trading him, but really what message is Gonzalez going to relay? That he wants out of Atlanta?

Gonzo is all about the nice guy image. He's not going to come out and say trade me, but there's 3 weeks and the Falcons may decide they want to get a pick for him instead of watching him retire on a bad team.

The Chiefs would have some cap massaging to do if this were to happen. I trust what I was told that they are in fact interested.

O.city
10-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I have no idea if Atlanta does end up trading him, but really what message is Gonzalez going to relay? That he wants out of Atlanta?

Gonzo is all about the nice guy image. He's not going to come out and say trade me, but there's 3 weeks and the Falcons may decide they want to get a pick for him instead of watching him retire on a bad team.

The Chiefs would have some cap massaging to do if this were to happen. I trust what I was told that they are in fact interested.

Dorsey didn't deny it today int he radio iirc

Rausch
10-08-2013, 08:30 PM

Won't happen and KC fans know the "image" is just that.

Most wife-beater fans would have him back in a heartbeat though (and there are a lot of them) if it was an option...

threebag
10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
While we are at it do you think we could add Bam Morris and Vanover too?

Ace Gunner
10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
they need a WR but Tony would help a lot. I just don't think the situation in ATL is going that way.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Is TE the missing piece to our offense?

Nightfyre
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I think the downfield threat is a big piece we are missing. Making the defense pay for stacking the box or even zoning up in the near part of the field would really open up the underneath stuff that the WCO thrives on.

TribalElder
10-08-2013, 08:45 PM
The 2013 falcons have aids

Tony Gonzales is a 2013 falcon

Does Tony Gonzales have aids?

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Ya I just laughed at glazers report. As if he's gona come out and say "this team sucks trade me"

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I think the downfield threat is a big piece we are missing. Making the defense pay for stacking the box or even zoning up in the near part of the field would really open up the underneath stuff that the WCO thrives on.

Hard to do that with a struggling oline

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 08:56 PM
My guess is Atlanta says give us 2 weeks and see where we're at. If they're 2-5 then they'll trade him is my guess. The falcons won't magically start winning. Not with their injuries and the way they're defense has played.

CoMoChief
10-08-2013, 09:21 PM

Why?

A TE...esp one like TG, would be more of a prime WR target for AS..much more than a WR would be. Smith goes to the TE...A LOT. We have Bowe and he doesn't ever get targeted but a few times a game. It's ****in bullshit.

If Smith is going to ignore our WR's then **** it let's get him one of the best pass catching TE's there is. For a 4th or a 5th? Why the **** not? We have 2 4th rd picks right? This team needs to start thinking homefield/playoffs. **** Denver. BRING THAT SHIT MANNING!!!

Let Tony come back to KC...get him working asap w/ AS. Get behind the motherfucker and let's win a FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!!!! Let him cry tears of joy with all of us while he rides off into the sunset.

clyde05
10-08-2013, 11:03 PM
More interested in Gordon or Nicks

ChiefAshhole20
10-09-2013, 12:20 AM
More interested in Gordon or Nicks

Why? Gordon thrives off the deep ball (something Alex doesn't throw) and Nicks is basically the same as Bowe and he has done nothing to want another one like him.

Sorter
10-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Is TE the missing piece to our offense?

No but it would definitely help in the redzone.

mcaj22
10-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Why? Gordon thrives off the deep ball (something Alex doesn't throw) and Nicks is basically the same as Bowe and he has done nothing to want another one like him.

just because Gordon is fast doesnt mean he thrives on the deep ball. Hes a complete WR, he can run any route. He makes his living in the intermediate routes if you watch him. He usually kills zone defenses

patteeu
10-09-2013, 04:54 AM

Because the Chiefs need to upgrade their WRs for the next few years more than their TEs for the next couple of months.

Rasputin
10-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Tony Gonzalez is going stay a Falcon.

Heh if any thing he would go to the Pats for BB & Tom Brady.

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 05:55 AM
I would take Gonzalez at this point. Him with 2 defenders raping him in the end zone would open up Avery Bowe Charles or Hemingway. A guy like McGrath could even leak out after blocking and get the TD.

Stalker
10-09-2013, 05:58 AM
It would be good if he came and I am sure that it will really give us a shot at this years Superbowl which is f'ing ridiculous after a 2-14 season but I don't think he is coming. It would be a fairy tale ending if he came and got the winning TD in the super bowl final haha. I think i'm getting ahead of myself with this Superbowl talk, so I'm going to shut up and avoid any jinxing

Rasputin
10-09-2013, 06:03 AM
I think its all wishful thinking but its not going happen. Tony G made his bed and is going lay in it.

Mr. Plow
10-09-2013, 07:03 AM
We have Bowe and he doesn't ever get targeted but a few times a game. It's ****in bullshit.

He has 31 targets in 5 games. Not that it is a shit ton, but don't act like they are never looking at him.

Mr. Plow
10-09-2013, 07:05 AM
No but it would definitely help in the redzone.

So would not running a pass play out of shotgun when you have the ball on the 1 yard line....so would not running a fade when you have Charles in the backfield on the 1 yard line.

Simply Red
10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
He has 31 targets in 5 games. Not that it is a shit ton, but don't act like they are never looking at him.

21 a piece. Tied still, looser!!!!

TEX
10-09-2013, 07:18 AM
I think if Julio Jones is really out for the season, and Steven Jackson and White continue to have problems, in the next couple of weeks, the TG to KC trade will gain ground.

I'd do a 6th that turns to a 4th IF KC reaches the SB. We'd be crazy not to. There are no guarentees of success next season. KC is in positition to do something this season. When you have the chance, you take it and do what's within reason to improve your chances. TG can still play at a very high level so you take that chance he can help you get to where you havent been in 40+ years. Just my opinion.

King_Chief_Fan
10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I think its all wishful thinking but its not going happen. Tony G made his bed and is going lay in it.

this....Tony is about Tony....that is all

lcarus
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Is there any traction to this? I blew all this Gonzalez talk here off, but saw an article on ESPN about whether Tony should demand a trade, and that Dorsey would possibly consider it, but that Falcon's coach said "no way". It was entirely speculative, but interesting. I'd personally love to see it happen, if the price was right.

TEX
10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Is there any traction to this? I blew all this Gonzalez talk here off, but saw an article on ESPN about whether Tony should demand a trade, and that Dorsey would possibly consider it, but that Falcon's coach said "no way". It was entirely speculative, but interesting. I'd personally love to see it happen, if the price was right.

Schefter wastalking about it this morning. He said it's just speculation at this point but it makes a LOT of sense. He said it could gain gorund in the next couple of weeks.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Schefter wastalking about it this morning. He said it's just speculation at this point but it makes a LOT of sense. He said it could gain gorund in the next couple of weeks.

That's where I'm at with it too. It makes too much sense not to be considered as the trade deadline approaches. Our saving grace (if you want this deal) is the moving back of the deadline. Under old rules, it wouldn't have happened.

The biggest thing that could happen to push this deal, IMO, would be TB shocking them after the bye. I think it's highly unlikely, but I thought the same thing about the Jets game. But if the Falcons win their next two, they move to 3-4 and probably hold on to him.

Right now they have to deny it wholeheartedly.

lcarus
10-09-2013, 05:08 PM

I could see it being possible if the Falcons lose their next game or two. They have a bye this week and then play TB, Arizona and Carolina, so they might end up at 4-4. They aren't gonna give up on their season at 1-4, and with Julio Jones out for season and Roddy White suffering from nagging injuries, they're gonna rely on Gonzalez to right their ship.

lcarus
10-09-2013, 05:10 PM
That's where I'm at with it too. It makes too much sense not to be considered as the trade deadline approaches. Our saving grace (if you want this deal) is the moving back of the deadline. Under old rules, it wouldn't have happened.

The biggest thing that could happen to push this deal, IMO, would be TB shocking them after the bye. I think it's highly unlikely, but I thought the same thing about the Jets game. But if the Falcons win their next two, they move to 3-4 and probably hold on to him.

Right now they have to deny it wholeheartedly.

Yeah I'm rooting strongly for Tampa and Arizona against them I guess

threebag
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I would love for it to happen just so Shannon Sharpe could watch Tony rip the Donks a new asshole. Twice

wazu
10-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I could see it being possible if the Falcons lose their next game or two. They have a bye this week and then play TB, Arizona and Carolina, so they might end up at 4-4. They aren't gonna give up on their season at 1-4, and with Julio Jones out for season and Roddy White suffering from nagging injuries, they're gonna rely on Gonzalez to right their ship.

Only hope would be they lose 2 of those 3 and are sitting at 2-6. Even then - would a team that was thinking Superbowl abandon all playoff aspirations without having reached their 7th loss yet? I doubt it.

chief4life
10-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Tony Gonzalez trade rumors: Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens interested

BY JOSH SANCHEZ - OCT 9TH, 2013 AT 12:48 PM

PREVIOUS
NEXT
Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports
With the Atlanta Falcons season off to a horrible start after entering the year with Super Bowl hopes, there is plenty of trade buzz surfacing that involves veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez. The future Hall of Famer wanted to finish off his career with a contender, so shipping him off to one of the top teams in the final year of his career would be a classy move from the Falcons.

Among the teams interested in Gonzalez are the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens, according to CBS Insider Jason La Canfora.

It would be great to see Gonzalez have his swan song with the Chiefs, where he spent most of his career and established himself as one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, so we will have our fingers crossed for that one if a move is made.

The Ravens would also be interesting, considering their need at tight end, but the team hasn’t looked too spectacular and they could be the least appealing potential suitor.

As for the Patriots, they love their tight ends and it would give Tom Brady another great weapon.

If Gonzalez is moved, let’s just hope that he makes the trip back to Kansas City where Chiefs fans would welcome him with open arms.

Topics: Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Tony Gonzalez

http://fansided.com/2013/10/09/tony-gonzalez-trade-rumors-chiefs-patriots-ravens-interested/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

Discuss Thrower
10-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Dollars to doughnuts says Tony Gonzalez is a Patriot by Week 10.

chief4life
10-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Dollars to doughnuts says Tony Gonzalez is a Patriot by Week 10.

I say he is a Chief before he is a patriot they have gronk there getting ready to come back this week.

Simply Red
10-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't know how he left here, how the mood/environment were. I think you'd have to know that before you could determine if it's possible.

Sfeihc
10-09-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't know how he left here, how the mood/environment were. I think you'd have to know that before you could determine if it's possible.

I've heard from enough different sources(former players and journalists who covered the team when he was here) that it's VERY unlikely to happen. Without impugning Tony G.'s character they made comments regarding how he was more interested in personal stats than winning towards the end of his time in KC. Can't say as I blame him when he had the likes of Croyle, Huard and every other broke dick throwing him the ball. (note I left off Thiggy the Great).:)
It does make an awful lot of sense given current circumstances. Let's see how things evolve over the next couple of weeks. With Kelce being out for the season and Julio spending the rest of the season down by the school yard. Who knows?

Window Licking Whiner
10-09-2013, 07:43 PM
My tweet to Gonzo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TonyGonzalez88">@TonyGonzalez88</a> Tony Come home to KC! Come lead us to the promise land and finish what we all started so long ago <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23superbowlbound&amp;src=hash">#superbowlbound</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23KCChiefs&amp;src=hash">#KCChiefs</a></p>&mdash; gochiefs va (@Gochiefsva) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gochiefsva/statuses/388117268871122944">October 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Plow
10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I thought KC fans hated Gonzalez for being an arrogant prick or something like that.

Fat Elvis
10-09-2013, 08:59 PM
My tweet to Gonzo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TonyGonzalez88">@TonyGonzalez88</a> Tony Come home to KC! Come lead us to the promise land and finish what we all started so long ago <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23superbowlbound&amp;src=hash">#superbowlbound</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23KCChiefs&amp;src=hash">#KCChiefs</a></p>&mdash; gochiefs va (@Gochiefsva) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gochiefsva/statuses/388117268871122944">October 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

No.

Window Licking Whiner
10-09-2013, 09:01 PM
No.

Yes

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
As long as he doesn't end up in Denver...

Discuss Thrower
10-09-2013, 09:07 PM
My tweet to Gonzo.

Perhaps Tony G is the albatross around the neck of a franchise which prevents said franchise from reaching a superbowl.

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 09:27 PM
I thought KC fans hated Gonzalez for being an arrogant prick or something like that.

I do but now I just want to beat Denver and he helps our chances

BossChief
10-09-2013, 09:28 PM

Why?

Alex Smith wants to throw to his tight ends and backs on 90% of his attempts.

Matching him with Tony Gonzalez would be a match made in heaven.

BossChief
10-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I do but now I just want to beat Denver and he helps our chances

Exactly.

At this point (being 5-0) getting into the playoffs isn't the question.

It's what we are gonna do when we get there that matters now.

A player like Tony G would DEFINETLY give us a MUCH better chance against teams like Denver, Indy, NE, NY, Cincy and Miami once we are trying to advance in the playoffs.

PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS, LET THIS HAPPEN.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Exactly.

At this point (being 5-0) getting into the playoffs isn't the question.

It's what we are gonna do when we get there that matters now.

A player like Tony G would DEFINETLY give us a MUCH better chance against teams like Denver, Indy, NE, NY, Cincy and Miami once we are trying to advance in the playoffs.

PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS, LET THIS HAPPEN.

Why do you keep including ny?

Down4Chiefs
10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
We have a tight end who's the brightspot far as options for alex smith to throw too. This would be for nothing but nostalgia. I'm pretty sure we need a better first option at wide reciver.

BossChief
10-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Why do you keep including ny?

Because they are 3-2 and they have a defense that is gonna be hard to put up points against if we play them.

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
We have a tight end who's the brightspot far as options for alex smith to throw too. This would be for nothing but nostalgia. I'm pretty sure we need a better first option at wide reciver.

Alex favors the TE.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Because they are 3-2 and they have a defense that is gonna be hard to put up points against if we play them.

They haven't beaten a good team yet, so let's not get too far ahead Of ourselves.

Plus they're likely another wc team. We won't see them till the AFC championship, likely in KC.

In KC, the only team that would really worry me is the broncos.

BossChief
10-09-2013, 09:45 PM
And you told me to not get ahead of myself...

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
What team, other than the broncos, would you feel could come to arrowhead in January and beat the chiefs?

mrbiggz
10-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I would bet money on it that Dorsey and Reid have talked about it and at some point will make the call to see if Atlanta and Gonzalez are interested. Now whether they can actually work out a deal is yet to be seen.

Mr. Plow
10-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Man, some of you have some confidence in the Chiefs.

Carlota69
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Tony did say he would retire as a Chief. Maybe he'll also play is last game as a Chief as well. That would be ****ing epic, especially if it was a very very meaningful game.

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 09:55 PM
What team, other than the broncos, would you feel could come to arrowhead in January and beat the chiefs?

The teams that have Super Bowl winning QBs

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
@Espngreeny: Rough news for #Falcons. Would love to see them trade Tony Gonzalez to a contender. Maybe back to #Chiefs.

Sorter
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Really depends on how the teams progress. I wouldn't think it out of the realm for Indy, Baltimore, NE, Cincy to win here.

BossChief
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM

By then, we are gonna be seeing completely different versions of the teams we are seeing right now. I think some of the AFC defenses will have the potential to really slow down our offense if it doesn't improve in areas that have been talked about a lot over the last few months.

O.city
10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Really depends on how the teams progress. I wouldn't think it out of the realm for Indy, Baltimore, NE, Cincy to win here.

I think Indy could.

The others could, but I wouldn't favor it happening at his point.

MotherfuckerJones
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM

If Cincy had a good QB maybe. Not sold on Dalton

O.city
10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
By then, we are gonna be seeing completely different versions of the teams we are seeing right now. I think some of the AFC defenses will have the potential to really slow down our offense if it doesn't improve in areas that have been talked about a lot over the last few months.

Yes.

A lot of this hinges on our offense improving over the next few months.

JENKINSWINS
10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
The way Gonzo gets doubled, he would be a big help in getting the ball to the guys on the outside and in the run game.

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM

If things continue to go the Chiefs way, I'd almost rather see them lose to Indy so that the coaching staff figures out a way to beat them in the playoffs. Beating them twice would be a massive undertaking and would require "perfect" games, something I just don't see as possible.

From my perspective, I can't see Marvin Lewis and his staff outcoaching Reid, Ault, Sutton and Childress in January. Same for Baltimore.

I think the hatred for all things New England seething through 80,000 strong at Arrowhead would propel the Chiefs to a 1 point win at Arrowhead.