PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: Direckshun is an asshole who loves a well-scored video.

Direckshun
10-08-2013, 12:32 AM
I love Clay's shit at Red Tribe Cinema. Absolutely nobody's a bigger fan.

His most recent video for the Chiefs victory over the Giants was an excellent highlight tape.

The problem I had with it was minor -- I absolutely hate even criticizing a part of them because they're always so great. But I just absolutely hated the music.

Well I've been shredding through the "Man of Steel" soundtrack for the past two weeks, and I believe I've fixed the scoring of Reid Dawn IV:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fg-wwv15LGU?list=UUNUFoS0jGNGzpHgL8sdOZPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pause this video. Mute it.

Hit play on the song below. Make sure you blast the volume.

Seven seconds in (no more, no less), hit play on "Reid Dawn." Make sure you expand the screen to make it as epic as possible.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LaxqxfpSzMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now tell me that's not ****ing awesome.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Nope. Opening of Man of Steel us way is way too slow and boring.

salame
10-08-2013, 12:36 AM
I think the music kicks ass as is
without superman

Direckshun
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Might work a little better at 6 seconds.

Still. :D

Direckshun

I think the music kicks ass as is
without superman

Different strokes.

Hammock Parties
The song has a use though.

Some day, mon frere. It will live in a video.

jamesincanada
10-08-2013, 12:39 AM

Sounds like the offense early in games this season (slow and boring lol)

Direckshun
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Sounds like the offense early in games this season (slow and boring lol)

Nice.

Now we're cooking with gas.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
BTW, if you hate NFL Films music, much less The Pony Soldiers, which is an all-time NFL Films classic, kill yourself. Seriously. Just shuffle off this mortal coil.

Note that I did not use most of the soft opening music in this piece. You can't use soft, slow, quiet music with NFL players ripping shit up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6oYsM07-2EE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:41 AM
The other problem with that piece of music, is there is no discernible "wtf the other team is beating us" segment.

Major key in my videos this season so far.

But again...that's good music that has a use at some point.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:42 AM
By the way, did you like my other music selections this year?

I really like the Rocky music for Reidemption.

fan4ever
10-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah . . . nope.

Direckshun
10-08-2013, 01:16 AM
By the way, did you like my other music selections this year?

I really like the Rocky music for Reidemption.

Yeah, they've been aces across the board.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah, they've been aces across the board.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/01/13/13-gg-gif-stephen-spielberg-reacts-to-clinton.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

10-08-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm hoping for another good sunrise for the game this week so I can get you a video of it Clay.

rtmike
10-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Of all the videos' I've watched of yours, that latest one's music I didn't care much for, imo. Don't usually like giving opinions but I know you're a big boy.

There's no way I could do better myself so it doesn't really matter what we think.

There's an old muscle car forum I'm a part of & in '07 a member started a thread stated "KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SUCK!" He lived in the area & there was about a couple dozen others' who also did. It's funny, the thread's stayed strong over the years' to this day.
Anyhoots, a couple years back someone posted one of your videos & again last year so I'm not the only one who appreciates them. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Out of all the videos', that latest one's music was the only one nose scrunch worthy imo.

Those idiots at NFL Films know nothing about what kind of music goes with football.

Phobia
10-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Those idiots at NFL Films know nothing about what kind of music goes with football.

The Sabols had to pay for the music in their videos, often-times on a shoe-string budget. Now do you appreciate their efforts a little more?