PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you want Tony G back on the Chiefs?

DaFace
10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I know there are many other threads. But you know me...time for a poll about it.

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
inb4 pole

10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
yes, no, maybe, I don't know, antifreeze

gblowfish
10-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Only if we still had Javier Arenas and could trade him to Atlanta. Tony should finish this season and hang it up. Some players just never get a ring. Ask Barry Sanders.

patteeu
No. No prima donnas needed. Especially not prima donnas who were too good for the Chiefs when it was time to rebuild.

Discuss Thrower
No.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Hell yes. For a 5th or lower.

Instantly turns our offense from questionable to very good with a QB who has gay man love for TE's.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2013, 11:36 AM
not really a big fan of Tony but he could certainly help us this year.

6th round-ish

BossChief
10-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Do I want to have a chance to beat the Broncos in the playoffs?

Yes

Strongside
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Only if we still had Javier Arenas and could trade him to Atlanta. Tony should finish this season and hang it up. Some players just never get a ring. Ask Barry Sanders.

Can't we just send them Dunta?

kepp
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Can't we just send them Dunta?

"I just flailed in from Kansas City, and BOY are my arms tired!"

SuperChief
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Who?

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I hope they're fine with #32:)

Predarat
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Would do for a 4th, but try for lower.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Do I want to have a chance to beat the Broncos in the playoffs?

Yes

Our 3rd down % will skyrocket. I wouldn't put it past Denver to try and get him just so we don't. lol

cosmo20002
10-08-2013, 11:47 AM
It would be easier to answer if we knew if he was interested in playing next year. We would only be getting him for 1/2 a season or so. What the hell, we're desperate for a winner--go get him.

Old Dog
10-08-2013, 11:47 AM
6th, but wouldn't throw a fit if it happened for a 5th

DJ's left nut
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I'd go up to a 5th.

He's announced he's going to retire, the trade value of a guy that's only going to play 11 more games in the league is nominal at best. Yeah, he'd be a great weapon for us but we'd still be underdogs to Denver, IMO.

If this was the kind of thing that made us a a no-doubt championship caliber club, I'd give more from a 'win-now' perspective, but we're still not in the driver's seat even with Tony G. As such, we have to maintain an eye on the future.

With no 2nd already next year, we certainly can't give up a 3rd. And really, I'm just opposed to giving up a 4th for 11 games. But for a 5th, he'd make us pretty damn dangerous and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

alpha_omega
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Not only no, but hell no.

Bowser
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Tony would kill in this offense. I'd give up no more than a fifth for him.

But there is absolutely no way this is going to happen.

mike_b_284
10-08-2013, 11:50 AM
couldn't hurt.

Bearcat
Sure, I'd take him for a late round pick. I don't blame him at all for leaving and for not wanting to go through yet another coaching change/rebuild project. There's no more loyalty in a player's career as your own... leaving was a good move (in hindsight, could that be more obvious?), and he'd automatically become Smith's #1 target if he came back. Like DJ said, he's not really worth more than that, since there's no shot at him sticking around, but it would be a nice pick up.

CaliforniaChief
For people who say no, is there a football-related reason? I'm curious. I hear (but disagree with) the chemistry argument. Is it just because you're still mad he wanted out? Away from Pioli/Haley and the incompetence that is now long gone?

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Sure, I'd take him for a late round pick. I don't blame him at all for leaving and for not wanting to go through yet another coaching change/rebuild project. There's no more loyalty in a player's career as your own... leaving was a good move (in hindsight, could that be more obvious?), and he'd automatically become Smith's #1 target if he came back. Like DJ said, he's not really worth more than that, since there's no shot at him sticking around, but it would be a nice pick up.

Great post and I couldn't agree more!!

Brock
10-08-2013, 11:53 AM

That's idiotic.

IamBATMAN
10-08-2013, 11:55 AM
All the naysayers on this board that do not want TG back will be singing his glories after he pulls in a few touchdowns and Kansas City starts hanging 30 plus points on its oppenents consistently. With this defense and some extra points from the offensive side of the ball this team becomes contender worthy.

BossChief
10-08-2013, 11:55 AM
No more bracketing Bowe
Constant man coverage on Avery
Wide open running lanes for JC
Forces defenses to play honest
Gives us a much better chance at putting enough points on the board to beat Denver
A much needed weapon on offense
A guy that can help Alex Smith get into a comfort zone

Anybody that is opposed to this needs to think about it a little more.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
For people who say no, is there a football-related reason? I'm curious. I hear (but disagree with) the chemistry argument. Is it just because you're still mad he wanted out? Away from Pioli/Haley and the incompetence that is now long gone?

1. Chemistry is a football-related reason.

2. Beyond chemistry, you have the fact that the Chiefs are still an ascending team. It's not the right time to mortgage the future for now by trading draft picks for a guy who will be at home on his couch in 2014.

The Franchise
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
No more bracketing Bowe
Constant man coverage on Avery
Wide open running lanes for JC
Forces defenses to play honest
Gives us a much better chance at putting enough points on the board to beat Denver
A much needed weapon on offense
A guy that can help Alex Smith get into a comfort zone

Anybody that is opposed to this needs to think about it a little more.

Our redzone offense instantly improves.

hometeam
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
If he is going to play next year too, im in for a 4th. If its just this year it has to be a 5th.

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM

2. Beyond chemistry, you have the fact that the Chiefs are still an ascending team. It's not the right time to mortgage the future for now by trading draft picks for a guy who will be at home on his couch in 2014.

A fifth is mortgaging the future?

Save the hyperboles for DC, Pat.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:59 AM

How is giving up a 5th or 6th rounder "mortgaging our future"? We could pick one right back up by just moving down in a round.

The culture of the clubhouse is set. Do you think Tony Gonzalez walks in and destroys that with leaders like Hali, Johnson, Berry, Smith, and Albert walking around? He has to be LONGING for that right now.

Serious question: Is there a long-running reputation that Tony Gonzalez is a bad teammate? Other than his feud with the candy wrapper man, I don't recall.

BossChief
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM

This.

Rain Man
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I have nothing against Tony G. and understood why he left. I don't have much animosity for that.

However, this is a guy who is 99% retired after this season. The ONLY reason to even consider it is that we're 5-0.

Is this year our big Super Bowl run, or are we still ascending? While late-round picks have a low overall value, Dorsey seems to do pretty well judging the non-elite picks. Look at Catapano, Cooper, Parker, McGrath, etc. I guess maybe I'd give a seventh-rounder for Tony. Maybe a sixth. But no more.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Here's the list of 5th rounders I found of both the Chiefs/Packers since 2010: Sanders Commings, Micah Hyde, DaQuan Menzie, Terrell Manning, Ricky Stanzi, D.J. Williams, Gabe Miller, Kendrick Lewis, Andrew Quarless, Marshall Newhouse, Colin Brown, Quinn Johnson, Jamon Meredith. Would you give them up for half a season of a still great TE in a year where you actually have a chance of winning the Super Bowl?

hometeam
10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Here's the list of 5th rounders I found of both the Chiefs/Packers since 2010: Sanders Commings, Micah Hyde, DaQuan Menzie, Terrell Manning, Ricky Stanzi, D.J. Williams, Gabe Miller, Kendrick Lewis, Andrew Quarless, Marshall Newhouse, Colin Brown, Quinn Johnson, Jamon Meredith. Would you give them up for half a season of a still great TE in a year where you actually have a chance of winning the Super Bowl?

yup, would give all of them up~

cosmo20002
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
If it was just Tony Gonzalez and not "ex-Chief Tony Gonzalez," I can't believe anyone would be against getting someone who is still one of the top TEs.

What to give for someone being here potentially half a season is still an issue, but I don't see why someone whould be flat-out against it other than non-performance reasons.

Not that this is going to happen anyway though.

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 12:13 PM

LMAO

Frazod
10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
As I said in another thread, this is the kind of story the NFL gets hard over. The $tealer$ were basically gifted a Super Bowl just so fat ass Bettis could win it all in his final game in his home town.

If we could land Gonzalez and somehow outlast Denver, that could be us.

Predarat
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Who are those guys?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Id give up a 5th easy. 4th and a 7th if getting a 6th in return.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM

Trading anything with long term value for a very short term reward is mortgaging the future. There's obviously a difference between trading a 1st round pick and trading a 5th.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Would you give up Marcus Cooper for Tony Gonzales?

AustinChief
10-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I have nothing against Tony G. and understood why he left. I don't have much animosity for that.

However, this is a guy who is 99% retired after this season. The ONLY reason to even consider it is that we're 5-0.

Is this year our big Super Bowl run, or are we still ascending? While late-round picks have a low overall value, Dorsey seems to do pretty well judging the non-elite picks. Look at Catapano, Cooper, Parker, McGrath, etc. I guess maybe I'd give a seventh-rounder for Tony. Maybe a sixth. But no more.

Same here. I'd give up a 7th if we only get 1/2 a season or a 6th if he is willing to at least THINK about playing one more year.

CaliforniaChief

1. Cooper was a waiver acquisition from another team, as was McGrath. There are ways to acquire players.

2. I could name 1-2 guys drafted 5th round or later and compare the two. The odds are overwhelmingly against finding a player of significant impact after the 3rd round.

3. No, I wouldn't. :D

CHENZ A!

Why would we do that when we could give them a pick?

KC native
10-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Make it happen motherfuckers. I'd give up a 6th if Tony is willing to entertain another year.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 12:40 PM
1. Cooper was a waiver acquisition from another team, as was McGrath. There are ways to acquire players.

2. I could name 1-2 guys drafted 5th round or later and compare the two. The odds are overwhelmingly against finding a player of significant impact after the 3rd round.

3. No, I wouldn't. :D

Cooper is the kind of guy you get in the late rounds if you make a good pick. It doesn't matter how the Chiefs got him. What you're trading away if you trade a late round pick for a half season of Tony G is the chance to get a Marcus Cooper, a Mike Catapano, or a Sanders Commings. The more late round picks you have in a draft, the more likely it is that one of them will net you a diamond in the rough. Finding players in these rounds, not every time but some of the time, makes a big difference down the road for a team.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Cooper is the kind of guy you get in the late rounds if you make a good pick. It doesn't matter how the Chiefs got him. What you're trading away if you trade a late round pick for a half season of Tony G is the chance to get a Marcus Cooper, a Mike Catapano, or a Sanders Commings. The more late round picks you have in a draft, the more likely it is that one of them will net you a diamond in the rough. Finding players in these rounds, not every time but some of the time, makes a big difference down the road for a team.

Every pick has value, no doubt. And I'm usually not one who's anxious to give one up. But my position is that it would be a chance to get a known quantity who would, in my opinion, make this year's team better than what ascension would, and help us with matchups against the Broncos and in the playoffs.

Like you said, agree to disagree. Either way, I'd put the odds of it happening at < 5% right now so it's probably a moot point.

Stalker
10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Didn't he leave because he wanted the chance of winning the super bowl and now that we have a chance he wants to come back...........hmmmmmmmmm dunno about that but you gotta think with Tony G, our offense would instantly become way above average.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 12:46 PM
As I said in another thread, this is the kind of story the NFL gets hard over. The $tealer$ were basically gifted a Super Bowl just so fat ass Bettis could win it all in his final game in his home town.

If we could land Gonzalez and somehow outlast Denver, that could be us.

And don't forget Ray Lewis got the same treatment last year.

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Didn't he leave because he wanted the chance of winning the super bowl and now that we have a chance he wants to come back...........hmmmmmmmmm dunno about that but you gotta think with Tony G, our offense would instantly become way above average.

We don't know this.

Eleazar
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Sure, I'd take him back if he wanted to come back. I dont see it happening, though.

redshirt32
10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
And don't forget Ray Lewis got the same treatment last year.

Im all for it only give a 6th for Tony but also pick up another WR by trading 2015 pick to another team

with the way are D is playing I don't see how we match this performance each year

pull the trigger now show the Mfcks the Chiefs mean business now

Id even take Browns TE for a high 2015 pick

We have the D to win this year the O is a few players away pull the trigger!!!

GordonGekko
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
We're 5-0 without him this year. He might come on and screw up some of the chemistry that seems to going on.

But, for a 6th rounder or later round pick, why not?

Skyy God
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
He's on pace for almost 1,100 yards and 9.5 TDs. Hell yes I'd give up a 6th, maybe a 5th (if we get a 7th back)

Bearcat
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Trading anything with long term value for a very short term reward is mortgaging the future. There's obviously a difference between trading a 1st round pick and trading a 5th.

They could miss out on the next Tom Brady!

Er, wait, Chiefs fans...... they could miss out on the next Will Shields!

redshirt32
10-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Even if he only plays one year TG is worth a low pick only thing he needs now is a ring

The NFL loves this kind of shit great story bring him and another WR pull the trigger

OUR D can win a SB this year

OUR O needs some players to make a run in the Playoffs

JC,TG,DB, duck dynasty Avery and ? bring another good WR in now

of course our OL would have to show up but with just a little more talent this O could rock

Wallcrawler
10-08-2013, 01:33 PM
If he's retiring at the end of the season, its tough to give anything up for him. Id give a 7th if I had to, but nothing more. If he were still willing to play, I would want a deal to bring him back to get done as soon as possible.

The guy is a legend, whether youre butthurt over him leaving a team that quite honestly was more interested in its bottom line than winning a Superbowl or not.

Tony did his thing for us for years, and he was amazing. Funny how people just forget everything he did here, and don't acknowledge that he's still doing it now, because he decided to leave.

He wanted a ring. He wasn't getting one here. Its a simple fact.

Bringing Tony Gonzalez in would be tremendous for Alex Smith and this offense. You've all seen what Duck Dynasty, a castoff player at third string on the roster has done with Smith and this offense. Now imagine Tony G is there instead of McGrath. How anyone thinks this would not be a good thing is going to have to explain in great detail their stance on that.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Even if he only plays one year TG is worth a low pick only thing he needs now is a ring

Exactly.

Let him sit and stew and wonder what could have been...

Brock
10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
We'd have to ask alex if he trusts him as much as chad hall

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL

From Jay Glazer.

And that's the end of that.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL

From Jay Glazer.

:doh!: Tony, tony tone- bad move bro!@

Skyy God
10-08-2013, 02:05 PM

From Jay Glazer.

Of course this has to be his first reaction. Otherwise he's a selfish, jumping ship POS.

PR, people, PR.

BlackHelicopters
10-08-2013, 02:12 PM
No.

mikey23545
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
No. No prima donnas needed. Especially not prima donnas who were too good for the Chiefs when it was time to rebuild.

X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

May he die of a case of salmonella from a batch of bad tofu.

Fuck him.

FlaChief58
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I'd be ok with it as long as it doesn't cost more than a 6th rounder. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade for 11-15 games

mikey23545
10-08-2013, 02:21 PM
If he's retiring at the end of the season, its tough to give anything up for him. Id give a 7th if I had to, but nothing more. If he were still willing to play, I would want a deal to bring him back to get done as soon as possible.

The guy is a legend, whether youre butthurt over him leaving a team that quite honestly was more interested in its bottom line than winning a Superbowl or not.

Tony did his thing for us for years, and he was amazing. Funny how people just forget everything he did here, and don't acknowledge that he's still doing it now, because he decided to leave.

He wanted a ring. He wasn't getting one here. Its a simple fact.

Bringing Tony Gonzalez in would be tremendous for Alex Smith and this offense. You've all seen what Duck Dynasty, a castoff player at third string on the roster has done with Smith and this offense. Now imagine Tony G is there instead of McGrath. How anyone thinks this would not be a good thing is going to have to explain in great detail their stance on that.

Are you too retarded to see the irony in what you just posted right here?

Rausch
10-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Are you too retarded to see the irony in what you just posted right here?

There's nothing I'd love more than for Tony to see KC winning in the playoffs while the Falcons don't qualify for the wild card...

BIG_DADDY
10-08-2013, 02:24 PM
This would be cool. I think the chances of it happening are very low though.

PRIEST
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM

This :harumph:

MTG#10
10-08-2013, 02:35 PM
LMAO @ anyone willing to give up a 4th or 5th for a TE that will play 11 games and possibly a playoff game.

FlaChief58
10-08-2013, 02:41 PM
LMAO @ anyone willing to give up a 4th or 5th for a TE that will play 11 games and 4 playoff games.

FYP :D

Mr. Laz
10-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Like i said in the original Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs thread ...

Josh Gordon and Tony G would bring a pretty dramatic improvement to our offense.

Easy 6
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Fiff

blsilks
10-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Tony G would easily get 200 receptions for 900 yards in Smith's short passing attack.

DaFace
10-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Not that anyone expected anything different, but...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259382/article/tony-gonzalez-has-no-interest-in-trade-from-falcons

Tony Gonzalez has no interest in trade from Falcons

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Oct. 8, 2013 at 04:05 p.m. Updated: Oct. 8, 2013 at 05:29 p.m.

Now that Julio Jones' foot injury has the Atlanta Falcons' 2013 season on life support social media is atwitter with speculation that likely Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez will hit the trade block.

Not so fast, says Gonzalez. The tight end told Jay Glazer of FOX Sports Tuesday that he absolutely does not want to be traded.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a high-ranking Falcons source, that Atlanta has no interest in trading Gonzalez despite the Jones injury. The Falcons are not yet ready to give up on the season, Rapoport added.

It would make for a nice story if Gonzalez was given an opportunity to revisit past glories while giving the 5-0 Kansas City Chiefs a shot in the arm, but it's easy to understand why he wants to finish his career in Atlanta.

Gonzalez never was going to put off retirement for any team other than the Falcons. It's too late in the process for the 37-year-old to learn a new offense and develop a strong rapport with a different quarterback.

Don't expect the Falcons to enter the Josh Gordon sweepstakes, either. It would make no sense for general manager Thomas Dimitroff to allocate valuable draft picks to the wide receiver position with Jones and Roddy White coming back healthy in 2014.

There is no replacing a player of Jones' caliber. If the injury turns out to be of the season-ending variety, Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith will have to make do with Gonzalez, White, Harry Douglas and perhaps a street free agent.

jlw62987
10-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Like i said in the original Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs thread ...

Josh Gordon and Tony G would bring a pretty dramatic improvement to our offense.

This ^^^^^

For those of you who cry about him leaving for Atlanta, you all would have done the exact same thing. Pissoli and Haley treated the vets like crap, so why stay? You all act like we were in a romance with the guy or something? It was business...get over it.

Having him at TE would greatly improve this offense. Isn't that enough?

Anyone who doesn't think this is a good idea is either 1.) a little crybaby biatch who is still butthurt over him leaving or 2.) completely retarded.

notorious
10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
No.

He has the stink of the old Chiefs on him.

O.city
10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't really give a damn about him being and old chief or nostalgia.

He'd make this team much better offensively right now. That's all that matters

Reerun_KC
Nah that ship has sailed...

and please name me one team that has won a superbowl with Tony G on their squad?

Nah, Tony was a great player, but he isn't the key to winning championships. Let him head off into the sunset, we have business to take care of..

Rausch
How about we wait until the season's over and make Jimmy Graham the highest paid TE in the league...

displacedinMN
10-08-2013, 05:01 PM
ESPN
Fans have been clamoring for the Kansas City Chiefs to bring Tony Gonzalez back so he can make his final Super Bowl run in Kansas City.

Really? When? Where?

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 05:02 PM
How about we wait until the season's over and make Jimmy Graham the highest paid TE in the league...

He might end up one of the highest paid Offensive players at any position they way he is playing.

jlw62987
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
ESPN

Really? When? Where?

Twitter blew up today with this.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
ESPN

Really? When? Where?

Funny how one stupid Mock article turns into a media circus with Fans Clamoring for Tony-lol

Chiefs are 5-0

falcons are not. F them and Tony!

Rausch
10-08-2013, 05:06 PM
He might end up one of the highest paid Offensive players at any position they way he is playing.

And worth it considering TE is Alex's blankie.

Smith isn't going down field to anyone other than Avery anyway...

digger
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
If he wanted he would still be here, so no. Great player, likely get a one day deal to retire a CHIEF. But sorry no. It's not likely he will be traded any where.

FloridaMan88
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Andy Reid's offense needs a TE, and Tony Gonzalez is still playing at a high level so why not... if the price is right.

I doubt it happens though.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Who's watching the E:60 special on Tony ?

O.city
10-08-2013, 05:19 PM
He's still a top 5 te in the league and would come into an offense that is built upon having a good te.

Halfcan
10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
And worth it considering TE is Alex's blankie.

Smith isn't going down field to anyone other than Avery anyway...

Would love it!! The guy is putting up crazy numbers this year!

Reerun_KC
10-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Tony guarantees one thing. No super bowl if he is on your team.

-King-
10-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Nah that ship has sailed...

and please name me one team that has won a superbowl with Tony G on their squad?

Nah, Tony was a great player, but he isn't the key to winning championships. Let him head off into the sunset, we have business to take care of..

Name me one team that has won a superbowl with Andrew Luck on their squad?

-King-
10-08-2013, 09:08 PM

That is certainly logical.

I think Jamaal Charles guarantees that too. CUT HIM!

Reerun_KC
10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Name me one team that has won a superbowl with Andrew Luck on their squad?huh? What are you talking about?

-King-
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM
huh? What are you talking about?

Making the same dumbass point you made.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Making the same dumbass point you made.

You should stop abusing prescription drugs.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
We could trade a low round pick (in imaginary-land where Gonzo wants or could come here) or just pay what Graham wants and have the best TE in the league for years.

Hmmmmm...

O.city
10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
We could trade a low round pick (in imaginary-land where Gonzo wants or could come here) or just pay what Graham wants and have the best TE in the league for years.

Hmmmmm...

Or we could do both?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't know how anyone could criticize him for leaving when the dickhead who took over is a stone cold lock for one of the top three worst executives in NFL history.

TribalElder

ROFL

-King-
You should stop abusing prescription drugs.

Explain this point then:

I could make the same point about any other player (like I did with Luck) and it would be just as logical. And just as stupid too.

Rasputin
10-08-2013, 09:15 PM
We are 5-0 without Tony G. I think we can win without him.

Rausch
Or we could do both?

Stay the fuck away from my car.

I can't tell you how pissed I am replacing antennas every 3 weeks...

mcaj22

Hmmmmm...

haha like New Orleans ever lets him hit the market

Reerun_KC
10-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't know how anyone could criticize him for leaving when the dickhead who took over is a stone cold lock for one of the top three worst executives in NFL history.
Dont blame him one bit. But reliving the non glory years isnt all that exciting sounding to me.

O.city
10-08-2013, 09:17 PM
If we could get a top 5 te for a low round pick, I'd do it

Rausch
10-08-2013, 09:17 PM

Do NOT get caught in collusion.

(But you fucking try as hard as you can to pull it off.)

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Dont blame him one bit. But reliving the non glory years isnt all that exciting sounding to me.

How is bringing Gonzalez in here living the glory years? How many tight ends currently playing are playing at a higher level than him right now?

I'd say:
Jimmy Graham (who the Saints will never let go, BTW)
Julius Thomas
Jordan Cameron
Antonio Gates
Jason Witten

Basically, he's currently in the top 80% of Tight Ends today. And if you're a 5-0 team and you have a chance to get a top TE for a mid-low round pick, even as a mid-season rental, it's worth thinking about.

And when you're dealing with injuries at this position, and your offense depends on good TE play, you make that deal.

This has nothing to do with nostalgia. It's a good football decision.

-King-
10-08-2013, 09:27 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?

Tony Gonzalez is on pace for 1100 yards 106 catches and 10TDs. But nah, that's not exciting.

TribalElder
10-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Tony will come in right before the bye week giving him 2 weeks to get ready with KC to go beat Denver

The media will go to a new level, full and a half retarded

ROFL

Rausch
10-08-2013, 09:31 PM

A TE is still a TE.

They tag him and we give reasonable compensation...

Cephalic Trauma
10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

Tony Gonzalez is on pace for 1100 yards 106 catches and 10TDs. But nah, that's not exciting.

He's Lombardi repellent, dude. Because he's never won one despite being a fantastic player, he's toxic.

:) /poor logic

alpha_omega
10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
That's idiotic.

If it doesn't cost anything (draft pick wise) then fine.
But otherwise, I don't want to rent a player, no matter who it is.

patteeu
10-08-2013, 09:34 PM
If it doesn't cost anything (draft pick wise) then fine.
But otherwise, I don't want to rent a player, no matter who it is.

It might be different if we had a bunch of old players on the roster and we believed we were one player away from having a last shot before the window closed, but for this team, I completely agree.

KC_Connection
10-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Obviously. This season needs to be about doing everything they can to win and Gonzalez would help significantly in that regard.

I can't comprehend the thinking of any Chiefs fan who wouldn't want him back.

KC_Connection
10-08-2013, 09:37 PM
We are 5-0 without Tony G. I think we can win without him.
Until we can't because we lack offense.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Obviously. This season needs to be about doing everything they can to win and Gonzalez would help significantly in that regard.

I can't comprehend the thinking of any Chiefs fan who wouldn't want him back.

It's be hate.

What he felt being tied to KC for so many years...

nstygma
10-23-2013, 11:50 AM
hmmmmm

http://i.imgur.com/0gLQOvw.jpg

Carlota69
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
hmmmmm

http://i.imgur.com/0gLQOvw.jpg

Thats a beautiful sight. Wish it were true.

Maybe NFLN knows something we dont???????

TEX
10-23-2013, 12:07 PM
How is bringing Gonzalez in here living the glory years? How many tight ends currently playing are playing at a higher level than him right now?

I'd say:
Julius Thomas
Jordan Cameron
Antonio Gates
Jason Witten

Basically, he's currently in the top 80% of Tight Ends today. And if you're a 5-0 team and you have a chance to get a top TE for a mid-low round pick, even as a mid-season rental, it's worth thinking about.

And when you're dealing with injuries at this position, and your offense depends on good TE play, you make that deal.

Completely agree.

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Do we have any fullbacks we can trade?

Iconic
10-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes but not for sentimental reasons. He can help our offense excel to a Superbowl.

Steron
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Hell with him and his dunk in KC. I'll take him back when he retires for one day.

LiveSteam
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Mr Nick Warpaint just said Tony will be in a KC uniform by Monday

DaFace
10-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Mr Nick Warpaint just said Tony will be in a KC uniform by Monday

Well, shit. Guess that means it's completely out of the question then.

mesmith31
10-23-2013, 04:23 PM
As the NFL's trading deadline -- Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. ET -- approaches, we explore five explosive, albeit unlikely, possible deals.

Trade No. 5:

Falcons trade tight end Tony Gonzalez to Chiefs for tight end Anthony Fasano and their 2014 No. 5 draft choice

The Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL's only undefeated team at 7-0, are thinking big -- Super Bowl big. According to ESPN Stats & Info, from the start of the Super Bowl era through 2012, 85 percent of the league's last unbeaten teams made the playoffs, 40 percent reached the Super Bowl and 20 percent won it all.

HOT READ: TRADE DEADLINE

The NFL's trading deadline is Tuesday,
Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. ET, so we explore five explosive, albeit unlikely, possible deals.

• Garber: How NFL trades are evolving

Trades we would like to see:
• Adrian Peterson to the Giants
• Maurice Jones-Drew to the Patriots
• Larry Fitzgerald to the Packers
• Von Miller to the Cowboys
• Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs

• SportsNation: Cast your vote

Another nice piece or two might solidify the Chiefs as the team to beat for AFC supremacy. One glaring need for Andy Reid's offense is at tight end.

Heading into training camp, this area looked secure. But Tony Moeaki and rookie Travis Kelce are out for the season, and Fasano is ailing. So far they've done it with mirrors -- Sean McGrath was claimed off waivers at the beginning of the regular season, and Kevin Brock is a journeyman.

Alex Smith has been a terrific addition from the 49ers, but his leading receiver is a running back, Jamaal Charles. Gonzalez, who is still wildly popular in Kansas City, where he was drafted 16 years ago, would be just the thing. The Falcons had to talk him out of retiring after last season and know that he's almost certainly one-and-done. It might be smart to get something for him while they can -- especially if they fall another game out of the playoff picture in Week 8.

Kansas City would be able to squeeze the remainder of his two-year, $14 million salary into the cap. The hit this year is $5.25 million, so figure about half of that. He would be a rental, so there would be no long-term ramifications. General manager John Dorsey and Reid aren't afraid to trade. They dealt for Smith and later made a player-for-player trade that brought starting fullback Anthony Sherman from Arizona. They're already down a second-round pick from the Smith deal, but this offer is probably too good to refuse.

On the Falcons' side, they have already lost Julio Jones (foot fracture) for the season, and Roddy White has been injured. If Gonzalez were moved, Matt Ryan wouldn't have much to target. But the season is hanging by a thread anyway, so why not maneuver for a high draft choice? The best tight end available, Washington's Austin Seferian-Jenkins, is projected as a first-rounder and some mock drafts have him headed to ... the Chiefs.

The Falcons will be back next year, and either way, Gonzalez wouldn't have been there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849722/nfl-trade-proposal-atlanta-falcons-tight-end-tony-gonzalez-kansas-city-chiefs

MotherfuckerJones
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Von miller to Dallas? Lulz

Why on earth would Denver trade their best defensive player?

MotherfuckerJones
10-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Now athans backtracking lulz

@ChiefsInsider: @dthomashof @joecirlin I said I would NOT be surprised to see it happen. Did NOT SAY he would be in KC. Way too early for that!

vailpass
10-23-2013, 04:40 PM

Good Lord...

MotherfuckerJones
10-23-2013, 04:44 PM
And wtf would AP get traded to the Giants?

Strongside
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Because they have Peyton. They don't need no defense, sucka.

MotherfuckerJones
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Because they have Peyton. They don't need no defense, sucka.

ROFL

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM

I'd say:
Vernon Davis
Julius Thomas
Jordan Cameron
Antonio Gates
Jason Witten

FYP