PDA

View Full Version : Football Julio Jones out for the season

-King-
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259152/article/report-julio-jones-out-for-the-season-with-foot-injury

Wow Falcons are done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
:eek: wow

Report: Julio Jones out for the season with foot injury

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Oct. 8, 2013 at 01:25 p.m.
An already difficult season for the Atlanta Falcons just took a calamitous turn.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday that wide receiver Julio Jones is out for the season with a foot injury, according to the team. Falcons coach Mike Smith will address the situation today at 2:30 p.m. ET.

FOX Sports insider Jay Glazer reported that Jones will seek a second opinion on Wednesday.

Jones played in Monday's loss to the New York Jets, finishing with eight catches for 99 yards. NFL Media's Jeff Darlington -- on the scene in Atlanta on Monday -- reported the All-Pro limped out of an X-ray room after the game.

This is a devastating loss for the 1-4 Falcons, who will find it extremely difficult to turn around their season without their most gifted offensive player.

The "Around The League Podcast" reviewed every Week 5 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

Bowser
Welp

Chiefspants
Time to trade it all away and rebuild, Atlanta. ;)

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 11:33 AM
No fear, they have Matt Ryan!

vailpass
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
@screwed

I wonder if there will be an avalanche of "TG back to KC" threads now?
Oh, wait...

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
No fear, they have Matt Ryan!

ROFL

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM
@screwed

I wonder if there will be an avalanche of "TG back to KC" threads now?
Oh, wait...

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still pining for the ultimate Bronco Killer, Eddie Kennison

vailpass
10-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still pining for the ultimate Bronco Killer, Eddie Kennison

He can't do any worse than Bowe right now :)

Mr. Laz
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Atlanta trades for Josh Gordon?

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM

Yeah, I think it goes one of two ways now.

Either they go all in and deal for Gordon, or they write off a bad year, fire Smith, and reload next year with plenty of weapons. But Tony wouldn't be there, so it would only make sense to trade him to a contending team.

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Julio and Gordon would be an insane pairing, but the draft picks they'd give up are not going to help their atrocious defense.

Also, I don't know how much the world's best boy scout would be able to capitalize on the duo come crunch time.

MrGiggity
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Fuck my fucking fantasy team is fucking fucked now....shit

thabear04
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Julio and Gordon would be an insane pairing, but the draft picks they'd give up are not going to help their atrocious defense.

Also, I don't know how much the world's best boy scout would be able to capitalize on the duo come crunch time.

White & Gordon now since Jones cant play this season.

the Talking Can
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
that sucks, i like him

the falcons should tank and get ready for next year

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Remember that White is still hobbled by a hamstring injury, something that could continue to nag him for weeks. Dimitroff is a smart guy. Write off the season, leverage what you can, fire your incompetent HC, and build for 2014.

Dartgod
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
**** my ****ing fantasy team is ****ing ****ed now....shit

Josh Gordon was available in my league. Unbelievable luck for me.

Chiefspants
White & Gordon now since Jones cant play this season.

Yeah, I was referring to 2014.

Bowser
that sucks, i like him

Any good tackles to be taken at the top of the draft next year?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

MrGiggity
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Josh Gordon was available in my league. Unbelievable luck for me.

Wow. Really? Are you playing with 10 year old girls? In all seriousness I picked him up the week after his breakout game. He must be flying under the radar because of that two game suspension.

Pepe Silvia
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
As if their season wasn't bad enough. That hurts.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
That team absolutely needs to trade Gonzalez. They are fucked, he has 11 games left in his NFL career and should spend them playing for a contender.

Chiefspants
As if their season wasn't bad enough. That hurts.

Reminds me a lot of the beginning of our 2011.

Pain.

the Talking Can
Any good tackles to be taken at the top of the draft next year?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

LMAO

rep for the gif

DaneMcCloud
that sucks, i like him

So, the Falcons lose their #1 WR and they should tank?

Would Denver tank if they lost Thomas? Have the 49ers tanked since they lost Crabtree? Has Seattle tanked since they lost Percy Harvin?

Atlanta has a Franchise QB, right? Why should they tank?

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 11:50 AM
ATLs seasons over. Tough luck Tony. Come home now

the Talking Can

Would Denver tank if they lost Thomas? Have the 49ers tanked since they lost Crabtree? Has Seattle tanked since they lost Percy Harvin?

yes, Atlanta has a franchise QB

no one would argue that

DaneMcCloud
yes, Atlanta has a franchise QB

no one would argue that

LMAO

They didn't lose Matt Ryan, they lost a WR. Why should they tank a season? Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Toiluolo, and Harry Douglas can't pick up the slack?

Who are Tom Brady's receivers this year again? Are they tanking?

Msmith
10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
So is it wise to trade up 5 picks for Julio Jones?

Chiefspants
10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
LMAO

They didn't lose Matt Ryan, they lost a WR. Why should they tank a season? Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Toiluolo, and Harry Douglas can't pick up the slack?

Don't doubt the boy scout.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Because unlike Denver and the 49'ers, the Falcons are 1-4 and have a very slim chance to make the playoffs, particularly with Jones now out for the year and White still hobbling.

BigCatDaddy

Being 1-4 and chasing the Saints would be part of the reason why a team MIGHT tank, but they'll suck bad enough to get a decent pick for their defense.

MotherfuckerJones
Ya saying tank is insane. But they're seasons over at 1-4 and NO is 5-0. Don't see them getting a wild card

Msmith
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
The whole Falcons board is in the meltdown mode.

Hammock Parties
LMAO

That team has no defense.

Without Julio they are a very average offense, that can't run the ball.

I don't think Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez can carry that offense to 30 PPG, which is what they need to overcome their D.

At 1-4...they'd need to go 9-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs most likely.

Doubtful.

the Talking Can

it was a calculated risk...they got the NFC Championship game

then it blew up in their face

depends on your risk tolerance

Chiefspants
LMAO

It doesn't help that their defense is refried ***.

Bump
there goes my fantasy team...

the Talking Can
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
LMAO

i said they should tank...it's my opinion

i don't believe in finishing 8-8...i believe in winning or tanking

and Ryan is a franchise QB, by any standard

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Sorry guys, legitimately "tanking" a season is tantamount to destroying your entire franchise.

How many guys will want to re-sign or sign with the Falcons in the future if at the first sign of trouble, they throw up the White Flag?

MrGiggity
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
there goes my fantasy team...

I'm with you brother. Now I have to start playing that brokedick Stevie Johnson.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
i said they should tank...it's my opinion

i don't believe in finishing 8-8...i believe in winning or tanking

and Ryan is a franchise QB, by any standard

If Ryan was a Franchise QB by any standard, the Falcons would win at least 10 games.

We've seen Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees do it with less than what the Falcons have on offense and defense.

-King-
10-08-2013, 11:59 AM

For the best WR in football? Yes. Injuries happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM
If Ryan was a Franchise QB by any standard, the Falcons would win at least 10 games.

We've seen Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees do it with less than what the Falcons have on offense and defense.

no, there is no law anywhere that says "Franchise QBs win 10 games every season"...that's made up Dane logic

they're having a down year, it happens...

we know you hate Ryan...and don't care

ILChief
10-08-2013, 12:01 PM
For the 3rd best WR in football? Yes. Injuries happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

fyp

Mav
10-08-2013, 12:03 PM

If they give us a first, considering at this point it will be a top 10, id have to say yes. Can grab marquise lee, or Sammy Watkins, plus address the other needs on the team.

Or package it all up to get Teddy.

ILChief
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM
If they give us a first, considering at this point it will be a top 10, id have to say yes. Can grab marquise lee, or Sammy Watkins, plus address the other needs on the team.

Or package it all up to get Teddy.

Us?

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM
no, there is no law anywhere that says "Franchise QBs win 10 games every season"...that's made up Dane logic

they're having a down year, it happens...

LMAO

"Oh noes! 1-4! Time to tank!".

"Matt Ryan's a Franchise QB with Gonzalez, Toilolu, Harry Douglas, Jacquizz Rogers and Roddy White but they can't possibly win 10 games!".

LMAO

Baby Lee
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM

When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?!?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Sorry but I'd be shocked if a team trying to overcome a bad defense with a 40-year old TE and a 32-year old possession receiver and some bits went 9-2.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Hate him? No. Think he's a Franchise QB? No. Think he's worth $20 million plus per year? No.

Now, please explain how Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers haven't won 9-10 games per season with less talent and equal defenses?

If Matt Ryan's a true, transcendent, franchise QB, he carries this team. You're admitting he can't.

Not a Franchise QB.

Mav
10-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Im assuming you meant give up two picks for Julio Jones.

And in hindsight, the Browns traded one of those picks to the Vikings to move up one spot to get Trich, who has since been traded.

The other picks? They traded one to the Chiefs to swap picks to jump back up from 26th, to 21 to take phil taylor, drafted Weeden, and Greg Little.

Who would you rather have?

Greg Little, Phil Taylor, and Weeden or Julio Jones?

Ill take Jones every day of the week.

Did you see how he treated Antonio Cromartie? Cromartie was raping him, and he still caught the ball one handed.

That is called SPECIAL.

I love Phil Taylor. If im the browns, I don't make that trade again.

DaneMcCloud
Sorry but I'd be shocked if a team trying to overcome a bad defense with a 40-year old TE and a 32-year old possession receiver and some bits went 9-2.

Right, like the Packers never overcame injuries and a bad defense to win 9-10 games or even a Super Bowl.

Drew Brees has never overcome mediocre offensive weapons and a poor defense to win 9-10 games. Neither has Brady or P. Manning.

:facepalm:

Mav
Us?

<- Browns fan.......

-King-
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
fyp

There's no WR better. Including Calvin Johnson. And I have no idea who's the 2nd best WR you have in front of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
10-08-2013, 12:09 PM
<- Browns fan.......

You know the browns don't have an arrowhead with KC in the middle as their logo, right?

ILChief
10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
There's no WR better. Including Calvin Johnson. And I have no idea who's the 2nd best WR you have in front of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's close between him, Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson

Mav
Right, like the Packers never overcame injuries and a bad defense to win 9-10 games or even a Super Bowl.

Drew Brees has never overcome mediocre offensive weapons and a poor defense to win 9-10 games. Neither has Brady or P. Manning.

When has Drew Brees ever had to overcome Mediocre offensive weapons?

EVER? When has Tom Brady won a super bowl without a top shelf defense?

The year that Peyton Manning won, his defense was MONSTERS in the playoffs.

You just destroyed your entire argument. Im not saying tank, but their chances for survival with not just AN OLD RODDY WHITE, but hes not healthy, and Tony G, who is now being molested by TWO GUYS every pass play at the line of scrimmage, and Stephen Jackson who is hurt, is slim at best.

They don't have to tank, nor will they. Over coming the saints to win the division isn't happening, and who are they going to beat out for a wild card?

The 49ers? No, the Bears, or Lions? No.

They don't have to tank. Their season is officially over.

RealSNR
My fantasy teams is teh d0n3z0rz!!

Mav
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM
For the best WR in football? Yes. Injuries happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not better than Calvin. But he is second in the league.

Calvin,
Julio,
Dez,
Aj Green

Get in line.....

Mav
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
You know the browns don't have an arrowhead with KC in the middle as their logo, right?

Correct. But, I am a supporter of the Chiefs as I am an Alex Smith homer.

And, I had a browns avatar, until the Browns traded TRich, and I thought they were in tank mode.

Bowser
10-08-2013, 12:13 PM
My fantasy teams is teh d0n3z0rz!!

Does anybody else still think of Clint in Wichita whenever they type/see the word "teh"?

DaneMcCloud
When has Drew Brees ever had to overcome Mediocre offensive weapons?

Are you kidding?

EVER? When has Tom Brady won a super bowl without a top shelf defense?

I didn't say Super Bowl, I said TEN WINS.

The year that Peyton Manning won, his defense was MONSTERS in the playoffs.

TEN WINS, DUMMY

You just destroyed your entire argument.

No, your reading comprehension is SHIT.

Oh and BTW, that little fit you threw about the Browns? JFC.

I TOLD YOU that they wouldn't miss Trent Richardson's 3.5 ypa and you whined like a school girl.

Fuck off.

tk13

It should be noted the Packers' D was top 5 in both points and yards the year they won it all. They were very solid. People forget that. The last couple years they've fallen off and paid the price. I guess the same is true of the Saints and Patriots.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
It should be noted the Packers' D was top 5 in both points and yards the year they won it all. They were very solid. People forget that. The last couple years they've fallen off and paid the price. I guess the same is true of the Saints and Patriots.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure, but it's also true that both have overcome some pretty horrid defenses in order to win 9-10 games.

The bottom line for me is that the Falcons shouldn't just "tank" the season and if Matt Ryan where truly a Franchise QB worthy of $20 million per, he'd find a way to win.

FringeNC
10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Matt Ryan has to be considered a franchise qb, or the concept loses all meaning, and is just another way of saying HOFer. Matt Ryan in my book is no HOFer, though.

RealSNR
10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Does anybody else still think of Clint in Wichita whenever they type/see the word "teh"?

I think of Rausch far more often.

Teh was like a comfort word to us back when Todd Collins was still on the team.

Clint hasn't shown up at this place for years. Fuck him. Don't care.

mr. tegu
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I think some of you are forgetting that the NFC is pretty weak.

Mav
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM

This is all I am referring to.

Winning 10 games?

That has been done by much shittier qbs in the past 6 years.

Derek Anderson, and Matt Cassel have won 10 games.

Not impressed.

None of the qbs you listed, won anything in the playoffs, or superbowl with out a decent to really good defense.

10 wins?

Pfff.

I still laugh at the notion that Drew Brees has mediocre weapons.

Or, has EVER had mediocre weapons.

And yes, Willis McGahee's 2.6 ypc, was RIVETING to watch on Thursday.

It wasn't as much about TRADING trich, it was the perception of TANKING the season.

And, you were right. So, there.

Oh, and FUCK YOU. I thought we had moved past this dane?

the Talking Can
10-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Matt Ryan has to be considered a franchise qb, or the concept loses all meaning, and is just another way of saying HOFer. Matt Ryan in my book is no HOFer, though.

correct

rodgers being a better QB than Ryan doesn't mean there is only 1 franchise QB in the league...

it's a really stupid argument...all Ryan has done since entering the league is win, at a record setting pace..and they were a heartbeat from a Superbowl last year

it's amazing how lost and bent out of shape people get about that phrase...

Fritz88
10-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow, the season could have not started worse for the Falcons.

tk13
10-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Sure, but it's also true that both have overcome some pretty horrid defenses in order to win 9-10 games.

The bottom line for me is that the Falcons shouldn't just "tank" the season and if Matt Ryan where truly a Franchise QB worthy of $20 million per, he'd find a way to win.

Well I wouldn't put Ryan's resume up against Rodgers or Brees but he's been good. Their defense wasn't lights out last year and he got them about one play from a Super Bowl. Their D was almost Greg Robinson bad in the playoffs. They couldn't stop Wilson or Kaep and he almost still beat them both.

Bowser
10-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I think of Rausch far more often.

Teh was like a comfort word to us back when Todd Collins was still on the team.

Clint hasn't shown up at this place for years. Fuck him. Don't care.

I should have mentioned thinking of Clint's thread more than Clint himself.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97902

Msmith
10-08-2013, 12:31 PM
In 2011 draft, in order to move to 6th spot to get Julio Jones, the Falcons had to give the Browns their 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks, also the 2012 1st and 4th. That was a hefty price to pay.

Is it worth it?

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
and they were a heartbeat from a Superbowl last year

Heartbeat? No.

The Falcons failed to score a single point in the second half.

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
For an impact player like Julio Jones? Yes. Especially considering where they were at as a team.

BWillie
10-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Hahahhaha my running backs I drafted were hurt Shane Vereen, Andre Brown....now Julio Jones. I bet I find out next Stafford is career ended and McCoy has aids.

Sorter
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Hahahhaha my running backs I drafted were hurt Shane Vereen, Andre Brown....now Julio Jones. I bet I find out next Stafford is career ended and McCoy has aids.

Ouch.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Ouch.

Stafford.

He's another one that some feel is a Franchise Guy but without Megatron, he's pedestrian and couldn't score a TD.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Stafford.

He's another one that some feel is a Franchise Guy but without Megatron, he's pedestrian and couldn't score a TD.

Not nearly as good as Alex!

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
The Lions have a terrible defense and mediocre at best running game AGAIN...and they are 3-2.

I'm sure it's not because of Stafford.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Not nearly as good as Alex!

Who said that Alex Smith was a franchise QB worthy of $20 million per?

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:47 PM
The Lions have a terrible defense and mediocre at best running game AGAIN...and they are 3-2.

They scored 9 points last weekend without Calvin Johnson.

I'm pretty sure that's because of Stafford but you seem to enjoy getting your dick pulled out your ass every week, so go ahead and continue to ignore poor play of these "Franchise" QB's.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:47 PM
They scored 9 points last weekend without Calvin Johnson.

I'm pretty sure that's because of Stafford but you seem to enjoy getting your dick pulled out your ass every week, so go ahead and continue to ignore poor play of these "Franchise" QB's.

Stafford is a good QB. Good enough to win a SB.

Alex? Probably not.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Hey Dane, how do you like Cam Newton?

He sucks, Panthers suck...how does it feel to be wrong? They have like the worst passing game in the league, don't score....lol

Geno > Cam

-King-
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM

Their running game is mediocre at best? Reggie Bush has been great for them this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey Dane, how do you like Cam Newton?

He sucks, Panthers suck...how does it feel to be wrong? They have like the worst passing game in the league, don't score....lol

Geno > Cam

Wrong? I predicted that Newton would take a step back due to the hiring of Mike Shula as the offensive coordinater. As I've said before, he makes Brian Daboll look like Bill Walsh.

Geno played well last night.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM

LMAO

Yeah, that Reggie Bush has just been awful.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:57 PM
LMAO

Yeah, that Reggie Bush has just been awful.

LMAO

Their running game has been awful this year. 89 yards a game?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Their running game is mediocre at best? Reggie Bush has been great for them this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

89 yards a game.

That team wins because of Stafford.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
89 yards a game.

LMAO

4 wins last year.

And they scored three field goals because Calvin Johnson wasn't available.

Marcellus
10-08-2013, 01:09 PM
89 yards a game.

Jamal Charles is averaging only 5 more yards rushing a game than Bush so I guess KC is riding on Smith's shoulders, and legs.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 01:25 PM
LMAO

4 wins last year.

You talking about last year?

I'm talking about THIS YEAR.

Cam has sucked both years, BTW.

Geno > Cam

Bump
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
It's a bit shady on my part, but I sent out trade offers for Julio for any running back worth half a shit to everyone in my league hoping someone isn't paying attention. Got a trade for Julio Jones for Trent Richardson accepted, hope it goes through!

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
You talking about last year?

I'm talking about THIS YEAR.

Cam has sucked both years, BTW.

Geno > Cam

Yeah, nearly 4,000 yards last year sucks when it's Cam Newton but it's amazing if it's some QB that YOU like.

LMAO

You're such a phony.

Skyy God
10-08-2013, 01:57 PM
It's a bit shady on my part, but I sent out trade offers for Julio for any running back worth half a shit to everyone in my league hoping someone isn't paying attention. Got a trade for Julio Jones for Trent Richardson accepted, hope it goes through!

Offers after the injury announcement? That ish is going to be rejected Dikembe Mutombo style, complete with finger wag.

Bump
10-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Offers after the injury announcement? That ish is going to be rejected Dikembe Mutombo style, complete with finger wag.

ya probably. It processes on Oct 10. I hope nobody else is paying attention too and don't go vetoing that trade haha.

Iowanian
10-08-2013, 02:07 PM
My raging fantasy football team has been riding pig back on Julio.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Someone get Andy on the phone and tell him to start throwing the damn ball to BOWE....10x/game.

ThaVirus
10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you could make an argument for Calvin, Dez, Julio, Fitz, AJ Green and Andre Johnson as best in the league. It'll just depend on how they performed that week or whatever that'll cause people to fawn over them over the others.

Brandon Marshall and Demaryius Thomas are fringe guys, I think. Right outside that elite level.

Skyy God
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I think you could make an argument for Calvin, Dez, Julio, Fitz, AJ Green and Andre Johnson as best in the league. It'll just depend on how they performed that week or whatever that'll cause people to fawn over them over the others.

Brandon Marshall and Demaryius Thomas are fringe guys, I think. Right outside that elite level.

'Dre and Fitzy belong nowhere near that conversation....

whoman69
10-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Falcons season going to shit in a hurry

Mav
10-08-2013, 02:31 PM
'Dre and Fitzy belong nowhere near that conversation....

I agree. They are a tier below the elite four right now.

Calvin, Julio, Aj, and Dez.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah, nearly 4,000 yards last year sucks when it's Cam Newton but it's amazing if it's some QB that YOU like.

LMAO

You're such a phony.

Cam sucks though. His team sucks. They lose.

Geno > Cam

Own it.

JF08
10-08-2013, 03:01 PM

Lol a**hole

lcarus
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Lol a**hole

Hope you don't miss Trent Richardson. Oh well. It's only a game.

Easy 6
10-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Too bad he's not the reason their defense sucks balls.

Couldn't stop a rookie in their own house, those guys are pretenders.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2013, 04:14 PM
That team absolutely needs to trade Gonzalez. They are fucked, he has 11 games left in his NFL career and should spend them playing for a contender.

I just can't find it in myself to give a fuck about Tony and his last 11 games. He wanted out, he got out. Be careful what you wish for. How would that dude feel if we went on to win a Superbowl this year? I mean, I know it's a pipe dream, but think about it. He asks to be traded so he can have a shot at a Bowl before his career is over, then right as he's walking out the door he watches his old team get one. That would leave a mark...

Rausch
10-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I just can't find it in myself to give a **** about Tony and his last 11 games. He wanted out, he got out. Be careful what you wish for.

This will not be over quickly.
You will not enjoy this.
You are not our TE...

Gravedigger
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I just can't find it in myself to give a **** about Tony and his last 11 games. He wanted out, he got out. Be careful what you wish for. How would that dude feel if we went on to win a Superbowl this year? I mean, I know it's a pipe dream, but think about it. He asks to be traded so he can have a shot at a Bowl before his career is over, then right as he's walking out the door he watches his old team get one. That would leave a mark...

It's definitely a double edged sword. He told NFL.com that he didn't want to be traded from Atlanta to another team. At least he's learned from his mistakes and is going to run it out with his current team instead of pulling it all over again in reverse.

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Hate him? No. Think he's a Franchise QB? No. Think he's worth $20 million plus per year? No.

Now, please explain how Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers haven't won 9-10 games per season with less talent and equal defenses?

If Matt Ryan's a true, transcendent, franchise QB, he carries this team. You're admitting he can't.

Not a Franchise QB. drew brees won seven games last year with only missing his coach. Not even any PLAYERS.

you lose this one again.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Cassel was just missing his weekly games of cornhole

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 05:03 PM
drew brees won seven games last year with only missing his coach. Not even any PLAYERS.

you lose this one again.
Posted via Mobile Device

What?

So, Matt Ryan = Drew Brees?

Again, what?

O.city
10-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Wait, did go chiefs actually call us a contender?

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
What?

So, Matt Ryan = Drew Brees?

Again, what? just saying you are wrong. I didn't bring up Drew brees. You did. You used him as an example if a franchise guy and said "he wins ten every year no matter what is around him". That is not true.

You let your dislike of Ryan cloud your judgment and then you look silly. Just like when you said tom Brady would never get shut out for a half in the playoffs just a couple months after he had done just that.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Not a Franchise QB.

Here's a refresher.

And a couple of posts prior you were the first to mention brees in the thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Wait, did go chiefs actually call us a contender?

We're clearly a playoff team.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
just saying you are wrong. I didn't bring up Drew brees. You did. You used him as an example if a franchise guy and said "he wins ten every year no matter what is around him". That is not true.

The New Orleans Saints had possibly the most traumatic offseason and season in the history of the NFL. In addition to suspending the head coach for an entire year, the GM for half the year, going through two interim head coaches, losing players to suspension AND having the worst defense in the history of the NFL, they still won 7 games.

Oh, they're 5-0 this year after "only" losing their head coach, so it seems to me that he was kind of important.

You let your dislike of Ryan cloud your judgment and then you look silly. Posted via Mobile Device

Matt Ryan has won a single playoff game in 5 years and it's looking likely that the streak will continue six years. I don't "hate" him. I don't hate anyone, especially an NFL player that I don't even know.

I just think he's average at best and without one of the best receivers in the game, that's very evident. He's unable to elevate the level of play around him and he's not special. He's not in the same category as Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Drew Brees.

CoMoChief
10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
glad i have JJ on my FFL team. :(

I'm in 1st place too at the moment. HUGE kick in the balls.

lcarus
10-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Atlanta Falcons out for the season

Brock
10-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I just think he's average at best and without one of the best receivers in the game, that's very evident. He's unable to elevate the level of play around him and he's not special. He's not in the same category as Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Drew Brees.

And yet, he's far better than what the chiefs have.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Who said he wasn't?

siberian khatru
10-08-2013, 06:37 PM
glad i have JJ on my FFL team. :(

I'm in 1st place too at the moment. HUGE kick in the balls.

Welcome to my world

-King-
10-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I just can't find it in myself to give a fuck about Tony and his last 11 games. He wanted out, he got out. Be careful what you wish for. How would that dude feel if we went on to win a Superbowl this year? I mean, I know it's a pipe dream, but think about it. He asks to be traded so he can have a shot at a Bowl before his career is over, then right as he's walking out the door he watches his old team get one. That would leave a mark...

What? So we're supposed to be mad at him for wanting to go to a contender instead of staying on a sinking ship? Does Gonzalez make this team more likely to win one or more playoff games? Of course. So I would be ecstatic to have him back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM

In year one we put a huge piece of plywood over a 3 foot hole in the kitchen floor.

Looks like $3it, not a long term answer, but keeps us from falling through the floor and ending up finished before the day (season) starts...

Rausch
10-08-2013, 06:55 PM
What? So we're supposed to be mad at him for wanting to go to a contender instead of staying on a sinking ship?

I blame him for his trade demands starting in year two of a five year deal.

That's fucked.

Sorter
10-08-2013, 07:19 PM
He broke the screw in his foot.

Oww.

-King-
10-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I blame him for his trade demands starting in year two of a five year deal.

That's fucked.

The coach and GM had been fired. The Chiefs were starting over from a whole new philosophical standpoint and he was 35 years old. Did you think back then we were going to the superbowl anytime soon? Of course not, so it's logical for him to ask for a trade.

And "demand" is a terrible word considering he did nothing like that.

mcaj22
10-08-2013, 07:27 PM
their entire coaching staff should be fired to continue putting him put there week after week when he clearly wasnt healthy and literally rode their most talented player into the ground cause they thought they were contending.

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
He broke the screw in his foot.

Oww.

Hopefully it's not career threatening

Rausch
10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
The coach and GM had been fired. The Chiefs were starting over from a whole new philosophical standpoint and he was 35 years old. Did you think back then we were going to the superbowl anytime soon? Of course not, so it's logical for him to ask for a trade.

He asked to be traded for two years prior to that.

That's true. He asked...

J Diddy
10-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Like hell he didn't. He made it very public that he didn't want to start over and wanted to be traded to a "winner"

Fuck him with an iron dick.
The messed up thing is that the same people who claim his love for KC as a reason to come back ignore that point when he wanted to go. The only thing that is constant from the time he left to now is the fans and he willingly left them regardless.

Sorter
10-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Hopefully it's not career threatening

Not likely but he's going to feel it for quite some time.

Ouchie.

-King-
10-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Like hell he didn't. He made it very public that he didn't want to start over and wanted to be traded to a "winner" That's demanding a trade?

The messed up thing is that the same people who claim his love for KC as a reason to come back ignore that point when he wanted to go. The only thing that is constant from the time he left to now is the fans and he willingly left them regardless.

Ignore what? That he had gone 14 seasons without even a fucking playoff win? That this team was perhaps bringing in the most incompetent GM/coaching staff in league league history? Why should we blame him for wanting to go to a team that would give him his first playoff win and maybe superbowl in his career?

Some of you guys are delusional.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 07:51 PM
That's demanding a trade?

How is it not demanding a trade (for the 3rd year in a row?)

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Not likely but he's going to feel it for quite some time.

Ouchie.

Ya could be though if this happens again or he breaks it again

-King-
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
How is it not demanding a trade (for the 3rd year in a row?)

He asked if he could be traded. He didn't demand it.

J Diddy
10-08-2013, 07:58 PM
That's demanding a trade?

Ignore what? That he had gone 14 seasons without even a fucking playoff win? That this team was perhaps bringing in the most incompetent GM/coaching staff in league league history? Why should we blame him for wanting to go to a team that would give him his first playoff win and maybe superbowl in his career?

Some of you guys are delusional.

Did he sign the contract? Yes he did. Could he have tagged it repeatedly, yes he could. In fact his biggest contention with signing the contract wasn't playoff wins or direction it was that he wanted to be paid like an elite tight end.

He got the chunk of change and then wanted to go elsewhere. Suck him off if you wish, but calling me delusional when you accept all things TG good is proof in the pudding.

lcarus
10-08-2013, 08:01 PM
I would think given what we now know about that shitstain Scott Pioli, that some could be a little more understanding of Tony Gonzalez wanting out of here.

-King-
10-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Did he sign the contract? Yes he did. Could he have tagged it repeatedly, yes he could. In fact his biggest contention with signing the contract wasn't playoff wins or direction it was that he wanted to be paid like an elite tight end. :spock: Oh you're one of those "He signed the contract, he should have to honor it!!" people.

You might be pissed if/when Charles holds out next year then.

thabear04
10-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I would think given what we now know about that shitstain Scott Pioli, that some could be a little more understanding of Tony Gonzalez wanting out of here.

He already knew what was going to happen to the Chiefs that why he wanted out.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 08:05 PM
He already knew what was going to happen to the Chiefs that why he wanted out.

Nostra-Gonzo KNEW the future of 4 Pioli years?

Ok.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J6vsXPgxyu8/UL--P6aHWKI/AAAAAAAABKY/Ij_UBN8LtKU/s320/giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Did he sign the contract? Yes he did. Could he have tagged it repeatedly, yes he could. In fact his biggest contention with signing the contract wasn't playoff wins or direction it was that he wanted to be paid like an elite tight end.

He got the chunk of change and then wanted to go elsewhere. Suck him off if you wish, but calling me delusional when you accept all things TG good is proof in the pudding.
Agreed
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
:spock: Oh you're one of those "He signed the contract, he should have to honor it!!" people.

You might be pissed if/when Charles holds out next year then. when Charles demands a trade we can revisit this conversation
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
:spock: Oh you're one of those "He signed the contract, he should have to honor it!!" people.

You might be pissed if/when Charles holds out next year then.

and I'm delusional?

No people shouldn't have to honor contracts they signed.

Is there a point where you find yourself agreeing to ignorant, irrational statements in order to support your beliefs?

J Diddy
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
when Charles demands a trade we can revisit this conversation
Posted via Mobile Device

For all we know he might have. Nobody can understand him.

-King-
10-08-2013, 08:08 PM
and I'm delusional?

No people shouldn't have to honor contracts they signed.

Is there a point where you find yourself agreeing to ignorant, irrational statements in order to support your beliefs?

You realize this is the NFL?

If that's the case, are you angry when the Chiefs cut a player? Because they're not honoring the contract in that case either.

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 08:09 PM
For all we know he might have. Nobody can understand him.

True that
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
10-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Matt Ryan just needs more weapons around him.

SAUTO
You realize this is the NFL?

If that's the case, are you angry when the Chiefs cut a player? Because they're not honoring the contract in that case either.
Sometimes I'm angry when the chiefs cut a player. We NEED those gunners...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
Matt Ryan just needs more weapons around him.

On the defensive side. Tony had got to be feeling de ja vu right now
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
On the defensive side. Tony had got to be feeling de ja vu right now
Posted via Mobile Device

28 at home should be enough to win.

Their coach is Mike Smith, though. Tony is probably having some major Marty flashbacks.

Rausch
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Clay is like 30+ now...

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Clay is like 30+ now...

And I'm definitely winning.

notorious
10-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Clay is like 30+ now...

And I'm definitely winning.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sGx39yA.gif

SAUTO
10-08-2013, 08:18 PM

Their coach is Mike Smith, though. Tony is probably having some major Marty flashbacks. I was thinking he is having vermiel flashbacks. No d
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I was thinking he is having vermiel flashbacks. No d
Posted via Mobile Device

The worst of both worlds.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2013, 08:20 PM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sGx39yA.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1443615/riker-s-bishes-o.gif

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Just put Tony back on KC in Madden and whooped Houston. Kinda weird having him in red and yellow in the game

lcarus
10-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Nostra-Gonzo KNEW the future of 4 Pioli years?

Ok.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J6vsXPgxyu8/UL--P6aHWKI/AAAAAAAABKY/Ij_UBN8LtKU/s320/giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

Seemed some coaches and players around the league didn't want anything to do with the Chiefs due to Scott Pioli.

highBOLTage
10-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh, they're 5-0 this year after "only" losing their head coach, so it seems to me that he was kind of important.

You argue a franchise QB wins 10 regardless of circumstances. Then you talk about how important the coach is and don't hold it against Brees for having a good one; but, by the same token, you probably don't give Ryan any benefit for having to play for the buffoon Mike Smith. And how many times has Brees won 10+ games? 5 of his 11 years starting.
I do agree with you that Ryan is a merely above average QB though.

rabblerouser
10-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Exactly.

And I'd take him back in a heartbeat; we could use him

Seemed some coaches and players around the league didn't want anything to do with the Chiefs due to Scott Pioli.

I coulda swore that this^ was common knowledge...

Mr. Laz
10-09-2013, 04:32 AM
He asked if he could be traded. He didn't demand it.
we don't know that, PUBLICLY he asked ...

we don't have any idea what he or his agent said in private. You know whatever he said in private was at the very least what he said in public and probably a lot more.

mcaj22
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM

"some" lol?

Mr. Laz
10-09-2013, 05:09 AM
except for the part about Tony wanting out before Pioli got here

Msmith
10-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Update for Jones' injury: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/report-julio-jones-broke-the-screw-in-his-surgically-repaired-foot/

A broken screw in his injured and repaired foot.

-King-
11-03-2013, 02:45 PM
The more this season goes on, the more it looks like Matt Ryan was a product of great WRs and not a great QB himself. He's just been TERRIBLE since Julio went down. He's worse than Alex Smith on Alex Smith's worst day right now.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2013, 02:47 PM
The more this season goes on, the more it looks like Matt Ryan was a product of great WRs and not a great QB himself. He's just been TERRIBLE since Julio went down. He's worse than Alex Smith on Alex Smith's worst day right now.

:hmmm:

-King-
11-03-2013, 02:54 PM
:hmmm:

Yep. Think you were right.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Yep. Think you were right.

Thank you for the acknowledgement, my friend.

O.city
11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
To add to Danes ego, the panthers and cam are playing pretty god damn good right now

-King-
11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
To add to Danes ego, the panthers and cam are playing pretty god damn good right now

I called that too heh. I remember people talking shit when I said I'd take Cam over Russell Wilson and Kaepernick.

O.city
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd take cam over anyone not named Rodgers or manning right now.

Maybe luck too