PDA

View Full Version : Football Bronco's Defense?

Holladay
10-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Seen a bit about how bad Broncos' defen is. Matched up on how bad our offen is. We will find out.

But how good/bad is the Bronco def?

I do understand that most of their games have been at home.

Still...injuries etc. Against the Cowboys, it reminded me of the Colts/Chiefs in what ?'03 to where there wasn't one punt...classic shoot out.

Rasputin
10-10-2013, 04:37 AM
Peyton Manning/r.i.p thiggy

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 04:53 AM
It is awful against good offenses. Has been the last couple years...with or without VonLohan

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 05:42 AM
We were missing our two best corners, our best linebacker, Robert Ayers and Von Miller against the Cowboys. All of them should be back on the field next Sunday. Getting Von back will be absolutely huge.

Imon Yourside
10-10-2013, 05:43 AM
We were missing our two best corners, out best linebacker, Robert Ayers and Von Miller against the Cowboys. All of them should be back on the field next Sunday. Getting Von back will be absolutely huge.

Bullshit, D will still suck.

warrior
10-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Bowe loves chump

Backwards Masking
10-10-2013, 05:51 AM
their QB is allowed to throw it away in the middle of the field to no one in the pocket to avoid sacks, and is immune to roughing the passer (something the other 31 QB's are not)

that helps the defense tremendously - it's why they won last week, are 5-0 and #1 in power rankings

must be nice...

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Bullshit, D will still suck.

You underestimate how good Von is. He is the best OLB in the NFL against the run and rushing the passer. Other teams absolutely have to double team him and most of the time even that isn't enough to stop him. Having Von Miller on your team is like playing with 12 men on the field at all times.

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Bowe loves chump

In the past 4 games Bowe has played against Denver he is averaging 3 catches for 37 yards and 0.0 TD's per game.

warrior
10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
In the past 4 games Bowe has played against Denver he is averaging 3 catches for 37 yards and 0.0 TD's per game.

Keep living in the past child.

You're one broke neck away from losing the season. :deevee:

TheGuardian
10-10-2013, 06:13 AM
You underestimate how good Von is. He is the best OLB in the NFL against the run and rushing the passer. Other teams absolutely have to double team him and most of the time even that isn't enough to stop him. Having Von Miller on your team is like playing with 12 men on the field at all times.

Might as well say he cums harder and with more volume than Peter North while we're at it.

warrior
10-10-2013, 06:17 AM
We were missing our two best corners, out best linebacker, Robert Ayers and Von Miller against the Cowboys. All of them should be back on the field next Sunday. Getting Von back will be absolutely huge.

I've heard they all welsh on bets. ;)

MotherfuckerJones
10-10-2013, 06:36 AM
They get Von back. Injuries happen knowmo all teams deal with them. Charles has a bad foot, Houston has a neck issue, Flowers has a bum knee, our third round TE Kelce hasn't played and probably is out the year, fasano hasn't played since week 2.

Three7s
10-10-2013, 06:41 AM
We were missing our two best corners, our best linebacker, Robert Ayers and Von Miller against the Cowboys. All of them should be back on the field next Sunday. Getting Von back will be absolutely huge.
Two best corners? Last time I checked, you were only missing one. Don't go putting players from your fantasy team on the Broncos now.

BlackHelicopters
10-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Might as well say he cums harder and with more volume than Peter North while we're at it.

Impressive

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Two best corners? Last time I checked, you were only missing one. Don't go putting players from your fantasy team on the Broncos now.

Chris Harris got a concussion in the first half and Champ hasn't played a down all year.

Simply Red
10-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Our Defense is just leaps and bounds better than anyone the Donkeys have faced.

We will hold Manning to under 27 at their home, I'd say.

Three7s
10-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Chris Harris got a concussion in the first half and Champ hasn't played a down all year.
So, DRC isn't one of your best corners, then? Thanks for clearing that up!

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 06:49 AM
They get Von back. Injuries happen knowmo all teams deal with them. Charles has a bad foot, Houston has a neck issue, Flowers has a bum knee, our third round TE Kelce hasn't played and probably is out the year, fasano hasn't played since week 2.

I understand, I'm just saying that we haven't fielded our starting defense all year. Against Dallas we were playing without our 4 best defensive players.

If you took Tamba, Flowers, Houston and DJ off your defense how good would your defense look?

Three7s
10-10-2013, 06:51 AM
I understand, I'm just saying that we haven't fielded our starting defense all year. Against Dallas we were playing without our 4 best defensive players.

If you took Tamba, Flowers, Houston and DJ off your defense how good would your defense look?
Cooper filled in for Flowers quite well.

Rasputin
10-10-2013, 06:51 AM

You are better off with out Chump dude is going suck ass when/if he returns.

COchief
10-10-2013, 06:53 AM
You underestimate how good Justin Houston is. He is the best OLB in the NFL against the run and rushing the passer. Other teams absolutely have to double team him and most of the time even that isn't enough to stop him. Having Houston on your team is like playing with 12 men on the field at all times.

Fixed for absolute undeniable truth ^

Von is a piece of garbage caught up in "the life" and is already well on the way to partying and drinking away his future.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 06:55 AM
It sucks.

Rasputin
10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Who gives a fuck about the jack ass team Donkies? This is fucking Raider fucking week.

Chiefs=Champions
10-10-2013, 07:06 AM
How much time does it save leaving the 'se' out of offense?

Chiefs=Champions
10-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Our best D >>>>>>>>>>>> Your best

mattschiefs
10-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Getting Von Miller back will no doubt help there D but it still won't be good. They had Von Miller in the playoffs last year. And there Defense was the reason they were sent home. And I think that's going to be what cost them this year in the playoffs. Chiefs fans should know that what happens to the playoffs is for the most part a good d stops a good O just enough for a poor d to cost you the game.

Three7s
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Who gives a **** about the jack ass team Donkies? This is ****ing Raider ****ing week.
The Raiders don't matter. The Broncos do.

milkman
10-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Our Defense is just leaps and bounds better than anyone the Donkeys have faced.

Chiefs D will be the toughest matchup for the Donkeys all season.

There is a simple recipe to containing Peyton Manning.
Finding the ingredients is the difficult part.

The Chiefs have those ingredients.

Play physical man coverage, disrupt the timing of theroutes, forcing Peytonj to hold on to the ball for that half second longer, allowing the rush to pressure and hit Manning.

When that happens, you get inside his head, which leads to those rare mistakes from Manning.

Honestly, I will be surprised if the Donkeys score 24 points.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Why is that turd still shitting in threads

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 08:17 AM
So, DRC isn't one of your best corners, then? Thanks for clearing that up!

He's not better than Chris Harris or Champ. You know you have a loaded secondary when DRC is your 3rd best corner.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 08:19 AM
What is your excuse for good offenses raping your D WITH VonLohan the last several years?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Von was actually suspended for your welching...Welp sorry.

mr. tegu
He's not better than Chris Harris or Champ. You know you have a loaded secondary when DRC is your 3rd best corner.

Your secondary is awful, just awful.

Pasta Little Brioni
I mean Flacco deep dicked em in Pile High ROFL

vailpass
10-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Who gives a **** about the jack ass team Donkies? This is ****ing Raider ****ing week.

Because everyone wants to see what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Your secondary is awful, just awful.

9 YPA allowed....we give up 5 ROFL

Basically facing Denver is almost like having your very own Peydaton that week with that number. Facing the Chiefs it's like Gabbert.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
9 YPA allowed....we give up 5 ROFL

Don't forget the 32 plays of 20+ yards. Which is about 25% of the completions against them. In other words 1 out of every 4 completions goes for 20+ yards. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Don't forget the 32 plays of 20+ yards. Which is about 25% of the completions against them. In other words 1 out of every 4 completions goes for 20+ yards. ROFL

Hadn't heard that one...Pathetic.

warrior
10-10-2013, 08:27 AM

I like that stat :D

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
We play an aggressive man to man defense and our corners are left on an island most of the time. Something tells me adding Von to the lineup won't allow opposing QB's to sit and wait for those deep plays to develop.

BossChief
10-10-2013, 08:33 AM

Oh shit.

Loaded secondary? ROFL

jspchief
10-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Their defense is bottom half of the league. But they benefit greatly from an offense that forces other teams to try and keep pace.

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Oh shit.

Loaded secondary? ROFL

Champ, Chris Harris and DRC would start for nearly every team in the league and Tony Carter is an excellent man corner. This defense is going to look so much better once Von and Champ come back.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Champ, Chris Harris and DRC would start for nearly every team in the league and Tony Carter is an excellent man corner. This defense is going to look so much better once Von and Champ come back.

Is Woodyard expected back?

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Denver's defense has had problems for years... prior to Del Rio, I think it was 7 DC's in 7 years? You don't have consistency like that.

Champ is old, I won't dispute that at all and he is a liability concern.

The Broncos' defense has had issues for the last 2-3 years containing big TEs - just go look at the numbers. If you're a fan of the Broncos, just think back to all the TE's they've faced and how well they've done.

It's still a problem. I never had any misguided notions that this defense was a top 5-6 unit. They have problems and Baltimore exposed it. The catch is, you have to have a number of weapons to go to town on this offense or have a very good QB.

The Broncos defense has a number of young guys that are getting a lot of experience right now, so they should only continue to improve. But, they're going to get lit up by the right team and there are a few coming up.

BossChief
I hope Champ is back for the Chiefs games.

Chiefshrink

Not if we can't chew up the clock by running the ball(keeping Manning on the sideline) and scoring more TDs in the red zone than FG's. Interior O-line must take care of business or it will get ugly because AS and our offense is not built for a shootout with Manning.

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Is Woodyard expected back?

Haven't read anything about Woodyard coming back this week. Elway did say during his podcast that none of the injuries that occurred @Dallas were long term injuries.

Wallcrawler
10-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Donks look like the 03 Chiefs. Amazing offense, shit defense.

Offense makes one mistake and doesn't score, your defense cant stop a high school team.

If the Chiefs D disrupts the Broncos offense even a little bit, the offense has shown it can stay on the field when it needs to in the fourth quarter to slam the door on opposing teams.

I hadn't watched much of Manning since he went to the Broncos, but his arm is just wasting away now. Against the defenses that used to get after him and cause him some issues, he still had the arm to make the play happen.

If he's got the unholy trinity of Poe, Houston, and Hali in his face with possibly Berry blasting in from time to time as well, those ducks he throws up nowadays are going to be tougher to get completed, and possibly could be intercepted.

Quesadilla Joe
10-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Jesus. The Broncos defense is nowhere near as bad as the 03 Chiefs. The Cowboys game made us look much worse than we are.

Mile High Mania
Not if we can't chew up the clock by running the ball(keeping Manning on the sideline) and scoring more TDs in the red zone than FG's. Interior O-line must take care of business or it will get ugly because AS and our offense is not built for a shootout with Manning.

Those are the 2 keys... as Dallas showed. If you are going to chew up the clock, better punch it in for 7 and not 3. The Broncos' offense doesn't need a lot of time.

KC's defense is good, but just as this should be the best test for Denver's offense... it's certainly going to be the best test for KC's defense.

The main differences in what our two teams have seen so far... Denver has played the Ravens and Raiders, while KC has played the Jags and Titans. (this week, the Jags and Raiders will be added to the common opponents list)

ThaVirus

Chris Harris and Robert Ayers both started that game; they're just pussies that bruised their vaginas and had to come out at some point. You were getting raped 14-0 3 minutes into the game so you can go ahead and feel good about something that's completely untrue.

Champ is old as fuck. The last time he played in a meaningful game he got torched by Torrey Smith. Smith would have had 250 and 3 TDs had Flacco not overthrown him on that bomb. So basically you're just missing Von.

Unless Woodyard was out and I wasn't aware. Even so, a fucking non-pass rushing linebacker isn't going to make that much of a difference when the opposing QB throw for 500 yards in 4 quarters of regulation football.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Chris Harris and Robert Ayers both started that game; they're just pussies that bruised their vaginas and had to come out at some point. You were getting raped 14-0 3 minutes into the game so you can go ahead and feel good about something that's completely untrue.

Champ is old as ****. The last time he played in a meaningful game he got torched by Torrey Smith. Smith would have had 250 and 3 TDs had Flacco not overthrown him on that bomb. So basically you're just missing Von.

Unless Woodyard was out and I wasn't aware. Even so, a ****ing non-pass rushing linebacker isn't going to make that much of a difference when the opposing QB throw for 500 yards in 4 quarters of regulation football.

Woodyard is Damn good in pass coverage...

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Donks look like the 03 Chiefs. Amazing offense, shit defense.

Offense makes one mistake and doesn't score, your defense cant stop a high school team.

If the Chiefs D disrupts the Broncos offense even a little bit, the offense has shown it can stay on the field when it needs to in the fourth quarter to slam the door on opposing teams.

I hadn't watched much of Manning since he went to the Broncos, but his arm is just wasting away now. Against the defenses that used to get after him and cause him some issues, he still had the arm to make the play happen.

If he's got the unholy trinity of Poe, Houston, and Hali in his face with possibly Berry blasting in from time to time as well, those ducks he throws up nowadays are going to be tougher to get completed, and possibly could be intercepted.

Interesting, so you haven't watched many of the games, but throw that out there.

There's no doubt that is arm strength at 37 isn't where it was at 27 - that was apparent on the INT last week when he didn't put an extra oomph on the ball. But, to suggest he has a weak arm is silly. The guy can still make strikes down the field.

And, if he were really tossing up wounded ducks, I'd be concerned.

MagicHef
10-10-2013, 08:57 AM

Wow, 25% sounds horrible. Until you realize that it's 19% for the Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 08:59 AM

Champ is old as ****. The last time he played in a meaningful game he got torched by Torrey Smith. Smith would have had 250 and 3 TDs had Flacco not overthrown him on that bomb. So basically you're just missing Von.

Unless Woodyard was out and I wasn't aware. Even so, a ****ing non-pass rushing linebacker isn't going to make that much of a difference when the opposing QB throw for 500 yards in 4 quarters of regulation football.

Few teams have the weapons, like Dallas to match Denver. I stated as much last week, I fully expected a shootout. Nobody in the AFCW and maybe 1 other in the AFC has the firepower to go toe to toe.

So, yeah - I'll concede the fact that the defense has issues, but most teams will have a very hard time keeping up.

I honestly think it's going to be our RBs that are the death of us in the very end... they're too loose with the ball handling.

ThaVirus
10-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Possibly. Moreno had another fumble last week. Luckily for him he recovered it himself.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Possibly. Moreno had another fumble last week. Luckily for him he recovered it himself.

Yeah our RB drops are a concern of mine, all of them...

ChiefsHawk
10-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Jesus. The Broncos defense is nowhere near as bad as the 03 Chiefs. The Cowboys game made us look much worse than we are.

How do you know? You weren't even born yet in 03'

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 09:12 AM
It is awful against good offenses. Has been the last couple years...with or without VonLohan

Hasn't been the best this year I will admit but to say the last couple of years is not true. Denver's final 2012 NFL defensive rankings:

Total YPG // 2nd (290.8)
Rushing YPG // 3rd (91.1)
Passing YPG // 3rd (199.9)
Total Sacks // 1st (52.0)
Total PPG Allowed // 4th (18.1)

Again, this year has looked to be a different story. Defense is definitely been average at best. Leaning more towards just plain bad though....

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Wow, 25% sounds horrible. Until you realize that it's 19% for the Chiefs.

You are pretty terrible at math. Chiefs have given up 13 20+ pass plays in 101 completions. Can you figure out the rest?

vailpass
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
You are pretty terrible at math. Chiefs have given up 13 20+ pass plays in 101 completions. Can you figure out the rest?

Wait...I was told there would be no math involved.

jspchief
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Hasn't been the best this year I will admit but to say the last couple of years is not true. Denver's final 2012 NFL defensive rankings:

Total YPG // 2nd (290.8)

Again, this year has looked to be a different story. Defense is definitely been average at best. Leaning more towards just plain bad though....stats that were all padded by playing an epically weak schedule.

oh_snap
10-10-2013, 09:24 AM
the broncos are the 2003 Chiefs. Great offense mixed with a career day defense. Their offense puts a lot of pressure on opposing teams offenses to score, which helps their defense. However, like the great offenses before it, it rarely ever pays dividends. The 2007 Patriots and 1999 Rams are the only exceptions here.

Also tired of hearing people talk about players on D being out. Sure, missing Von Miller hurts. But champ? Champ Bailey is not a shut down corner anymore. He's a smart veteran player, but he isn't the same player he used to be.

TEX
10-10-2013, 09:25 AM

Was the fact that it was a ROAD game for a CHANGE part of the equation??? I said all last week that the Donx would struggle on the road against Dallas. (much to the dismay of your Bronco Buddy MHM) Key word being r-o-a-d. Different animal all together that whole road deal. Kinda can make your defense look bad. Does other funny things to you as well, like makes you struggle a bit more to get the win and sometimes it even can be a factor in losing...Can't wait till you finally get to experience road games the way most teams in the league already have so you'll get to "enjoy" life on the road a bit more.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Was the fact that it was a ROAD game for a CHANGE part of the equation??? I said all last week that the Donx would struggle on the road against Dallas. Key word being r-o-a-d.

I'd say the key word is "W".
But that's just me...

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 09:31 AM
stats that were all padded by playing an epically weak schedule.

What? If I remember correctly, 5 teams they played were in the playoffs...
1. Baltimore
2. Atlanta
3. Houston
4. Cincinnati
5. New England

warrior
10-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Wait...I was told there would be no math involved.

You Broncos always want the easy way :D

listopencil
10-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Was the fact that it was a ROAD game for a CHANGE part of the equation??? I said all last week that the Donx would struggle on the road against Dallas. Key word being r-o-a-d.

Romo played perhaps the game of his life, and his O-Line did a very good job. Homertard has a point. We started the year with some talent on D and a solid system. Injuries (and a case of stupidity) depleted our talent a bit. The Broncos D isn't as bad as it looked in Dallas.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:36 AM

Total YPG // 2nd (290.8)

Again, this year has looked to be a different story. Defense is definitely been average at best. Leaning more towards just plain bad though....

Huh? What does that have to do with facing legit offenses? Pats, Falcons, Ravens, Texans all raped last year. A Cowboy team the Chief neutered just went beserk.They did great against turds...I've always conceded that.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 09:36 AM
You Broncos always want the easy way :D

:D I take em easy any time I can...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Finish honoring the bet coward. You are lucky Flop has a soft spot for you.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Finish honoring the bet coward. You are lucky Flop has a soft spot for you.

He will honor it after the Chiefs beat them this season.

warrior
10-10-2013, 09:39 AM

Keep living in the past -kid this is 10 years later and no the cowboys exposed denver defense for what it is.:)

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Keep living in the past -kid this is 10 years later and no the cowboys exposed denver defense for what it is.:)

Yes, it is...and Sutton's D will expose some bones.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Huh? What does that have to do with facing legit offenses? Pats, Falcons, Ravens, Texans all raped last year. A Cowboy team the Chief neutered just went beserk.They did great against turds...I've always conceded that.

I was just pointing out the 2012 defense you spoke of as being horrible was statistically very good. That's all:D

TEX
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Romo played perhaps the game of his life, and his O-Line did a very good job. Homertard has a point. We started the year with some talent on D and a solid system. Injuries (and a case of stupidity) depleted our talent a bit. The Broncos D isn't as bad as it looked in Dallas.

He does but it doesn't change the fact that it was a road game. You think Romo goes off like that in Denver? I seriously doubt it - All part of life on the road and why it's so hard to win there. It can make issues, such as injuries, worse.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Welching coward.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I was just pointing out the 2012 defense you spoke of as being horrible was statistically very good. That's all:D

Good against shit.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM

Much like you say the Chief offense will get better, I feel the Bronco defense will also improve over the course of the season. FWIW, the Cowboy's/Romo played out of their minds.... and still lost...

listopencil
10-10-2013, 09:47 AM
He does but it doesn't change the fact that it was a road game. You think Romo goes off like that in Denver? I seriously doubt it - All part of life on the road and why it's so hard to win there. It can make issues, such as injuries, worse.

Well, sure. If there was no difference then teams wouldn't care where they played, home field advantage in the playoffs wouldn't be a factor and bookies wouldn't give three points to the home teams. It's mostly about a mental comfort factor. Hard to say about Romo. He's streaky as all hell.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 09:47 AM

Chiefs D in 03 was actually close to middle of the pack till Maz went down that year. Not saying he was the reason, but just sayin...

listopencil
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Chiefs D in 03 was actually close to middle of the pack till Maz went down that year. Not saying he was the reason, but just sayin...

So you're saying when Miller comes back we'll be back to middle of the road?

vailpass
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Can we get this game flexed to tonight?

oh_snap
10-10-2013, 09:54 AM

I remember that. Mike Maslowski was our MLB. When he went out, the entire defense went to sh*t. Before he went out they were giving up something like 14pts per game if memory serves correct.

Also I think teams figured out Greg Robinsons defense, and the injury to Maz only compounded the matter.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Can we get this game flexed to tonight?

:thumb:

listopencil
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I remember that. Mike Maslowski was our MLB. When he went out, the entire defense went to sh*t. Before he went out they were giving up something like 14pts per game if memory serves correct.

Also I think teams figured out Greg Robinsons defense, and the injury to Maz only compounded the matter.

Wesley Woodyard would be our equivalent this year. He went out with a shoulder at Dallas.

MagicHef
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM

You said 20+ yard plays, not specifically pass plays. I didn't think to limit the search to pass plays.

If you look at all plays, KC is allowing 5.5% of plays to go for 20 or more yards, and 1.8% to go for 40 or more.

DEN is allowing 9.5% and 1.1% respectively.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
You said 20+ yard plays, not specifically pass plays. I didn't think to limit the search to pass plays.

If you look at all plays, KC is allowing 5.5% of plays to go for 20 or more yards, and 1.8% to go for 40 or more.

DEN is allowing 9.5% and 1.1% respectively.

I also said 25% of "completions" and "1 out of 4 completions goes for 20+ yards." That and the fact that it was a response to a post about YPA allowed so it was all there. ;)

gold_and_red
10-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Seen a bit about how bad Broncos' defen is. Matched up on how bad our offen is. We will find out.

But how good/bad is the Bronco def?

I do understand that most of their games have been at home.

Still...injuries etc. Against the Cowboys, it reminded me of the Colts/Chiefs in what ?'03 to where there wasn't one punt...classic shoot out.

I believe that the Cowboys game was an aberration for the Broncos D. Which O anyway has the firepower to put up 600 yards and 50 points? Most other teams would have been blown out by half time.
Sometimes you just sleepwalk through an entire game, it just happens (unless you are coached by Romeo in which case you sleepwalk through an entire season). Having Peyton at QB can sometimes do that to your D.
The Colts game will be a real test, if the Broncos D continues to disappear against good QBs then we start seeing patterns.
Just can't wait for us to play them in Denver. Andy's record after bye weeks is near flawless, but we are dealing PFM here, so I am tempering my excitement a bit.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I believe that the Cowboys game was an aberration for the Broncos D. Which O anyway has the firepower to put up 600 yards and 50 points? Most other teams would have been blown out by half time.
Sometimes you just sleepwalk through an entire game, it just happens (unless you are coached by Romeo in which case you sleepwalk through an entire season). Having Peyton at QB can sometimes do that to your D.
The Colts game will be a real test, if the Broncos D continues to disappear against good QBs then we start seeing patterns.
Just can't wait for us to play them in Denver. Andy's record after bye weeks is near flawless, but we are dealing PFM here, so I am tempering my excitement a bit.

It's not so much having a great QB, but if the other offense has a lot of weapons - this creates issues for Denver. Dallas has lots of toys and options, same with the Colts - that will be a problem game for Denver.

NE could have that if Gronk and Danny are back. HOU has that, but they're playing brain dead right now. But, there aren't too many other offenses that have the diverse weapons to really attack Denver.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Other posters have pointed this out but imo teams that have good TE's seem to be more effective against Denver. They open up the deep ball by stretching the defense in the middle. Whitten was stellar. Worried what Gronk is capable of but thankfully Brady doesn't have a Dez Bryant type to go along with Gronk...

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Other posters have pointed this out but imo teams that have good TE's seem to be more effective against Denver. They open up the deep ball by stretching the defense in the middle. Witten was stellar. Worried what Gronk is capable of but thankfully Brady doesn't have a Dez Bryant type to go along with Gronk...

TEs have crushed Denver's defense the last few years... if Danny is healthy, he creates an issue and the rookie, Thompkins is good.

jspchief
10-10-2013, 11:25 AM
What? If I remember correctly, 5 teams they played were in the playoffs...
1. Baltimore
2. Atlanta
3. Houston
4. Cincinnati
5. New EnglandAnd how did your defense do in those 5 games?

warrior
10-10-2013, 11:26 AM

That's being kind of snarky of you :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Where's the old "IT'S GARBAGE"-gif?

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 11:41 AM
And how did your defense do in those 5 games?

4 of those 5 games were in the first 5 of the year... and from all that I hear around here now, that's like the most critical time for learning, adjusting and development. So, a 2-3 record at that point was quite respectable.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
And how did your defense do in those 5 games?

Not too bad actually. Gave up an average of 306.8 yards per game and 23.08 points per game. Which would put Denver's 2012 defense just ahead of the 2013 Chief's defense in total yards and 17th in PPG (KC is killing it in 2013 PPG giving up an average of only 11.6:eek: )

Granted 3 of those games were losses but was early in the season and the offense wasn't exactly clicking yet.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 12:10 PM
The broncos offense hung 30 on the chiefs D in the last meeting and Denver's O is far better now...

Chiefs D is good but overrated. They shutting down inferior offenses. Fitzpatrick is awful.

Broncos D is massively underrated. If the chiefs had an offense that avg 40 a game then their D would allow more pts per game and more pass yds easily... nature of the beast.

Go check the games... Denver's D allowed bigger pts when the game was decided... other than the Dallas game where half Denver's starters were out, garbage time pts were being scored.

Plus Denver is #1 against the run. Before you blame big leads, check denvers ypc... #2 in the NFL.

Every team tries to establish a run game against Denver and fails and then abandons it.

KC won 2 games last year... I ain't ready to fear them just yet.

ThaVirus
10-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Every team tries to establish a run game against Denver and fails and then abandons it.

Not to take anything away from your awesomely amazing D or anything, but I think this has a whole hell of a lot more to do with the fact that your offense scores a TD on damn near every possession.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 12:28 PM
The broncos offense hung 30 on the chiefs D in the last meeting and Denver's O is far better now...

Chiefs D is good but overrated. They shutting down inferior offenses. Fitzpatrick is awful.

Broncos D is massively underrated. If the chiefs had an offense that avg 40 a game then their D would allow more pts per game and more pass yds easily... nature of the beast.

Go check the games... Denver's D allowed bigger pts when the game was decided... other than the Dallas game where half Denver's starters were out, garbage time pts were being scored.

Plus Denver is #1 against the run. Before you blame big leads, check denvers ypc... #2 in the NFL.

While I mostly agree with the majority of your points, to say KC's defense is overrated due to the opponents they have played is false. And there was no "garbage time" in the Dallas game....

vailpass
10-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Not to take anything away from your awesomely amazing D or anything, but I think this has a whole hell of a lot more to do with the fact that your offense scores a TD on damn near every possession.

Yep. That's what Denver's D is built around. They give up yards and some garbage points
daring you to outscore them.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM

In the last game of the season. They only managed 17 in KC in the middle of the season when the team was not yet checked out. And KC's defense is far better now.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 12:52 PM

We held the same Dallas team that rang 48 up on you guys to 16 without our best corner on the field.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 01:21 PM
While I mostly agree with the majority of your points, to say KC's defense is overrated due to the opponents they have played is false. And there was no "garbage time" in the Dallas game....

Maybe you overlooked but I said with exception of the Dallas game in my post...

And they are.overrated.. some are already placing that D above Seattle's... that's premature at this point. People tend to get carried away in stats.

Strongside
10-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Maybe you overlooked but I said with exception of the Dallas game in my post...

And they are.overrated.. some are already placing that D above Seattle's... that's premature at this point. People tend to get carried away in stats.

I don't see how you could possibly call our defense overrated. People are just now starting to take notice. We have the best front 7 in football coupled with a top 8 secondary. There's nothing overrated about a unit that has just recently started to gain recognition and can back every bit of it up.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 01:26 PM
We held the same Dallas team that rang 48 up on you guys to 16 without our best corner on the field.

Yep, and KC trailed 13-7 until the TD at the 3 min mark in the 3rd quarter. And, then they traded FGs in the 4th quarter.

I believe that's the only game KC didn't see a TD from ST/DEF and you won by 1 point late while scoring 17 points.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Never said they were amazing... didn't even say its better than KCs... just saying they're underrated...

Yes Denver scores pts but look at the Dallas game... Dallas was in the game and even led a couple times... how many times did they run? Obviously they want to keep Peyton and the Dallas D off the field right? Denver's run D forced teams to go away from it. Check the ypc

listopencil
10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Never said they were amazing... didn't even say its better than KCs... just saying they're underrated...

Yes Denver scores pts but look at the Dallas game... Dallas was in the game and even led a couple times... how many times did they run? Obviously they want to keep Peyton and the Dallas D off the field right? Denver's run D forced teams to go away from it. Check the ypc

That's a bit of an outlier though. Dallas throws the ball a lot anyway.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Never said KCs D wasn't good... most would say clearly better than Denver's.

Denver missed 5 starters in that game and plus this was a road game.

Not apples to apples but if your point is that KC has a better D than Denver, I never said otherwise in the first place.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Funny thing is this ... Romo had 36 attempts vs Denver.

4th most in 5 games this season. Had 49 vs NYG, 42 vs KC, 37 vs SDC. Crazy.

gcbroncos

You watch them play the Rams?

listopencil
You watch them play the Rams?

Nope.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Funny thing is this ... Romo had 36 attempts vs Denver.

4th most in 5 games this season. Had 49 vs NYG, 42 vs KC, 37 vs SDC. Crazy.

He got 506 yards in 36 attempts? That is nuts. I just assumed he threw it like 50 times.

Easy 6
10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Chiefs D will be the toughest matchup for the Donkeys all season.

There is a simple recipe to containing Peyton Manning.
Finding the ingredients is the difficult part.

The Chiefs have those ingredients.

Play physical man coverage, disrupt the timing of theroutes, forcing Peytonj to hold on to the ball for that half second longer, allowing the rush to pressure and hit Manning.

When that happens, you get inside his head, which leads to those rare mistakes from Manning.

Honestly, I will be surprised if the Donkeys score 24 points.

All truth :clap:

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah I'll take away Justin Houston, both your corners, Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson and then have you guys re-play that game with the Cowboys in their house and you tell me there won't be a different result.

listopencil
10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah I'll take away Justin Houston, both your corners, Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson and then have you guys re-play that game with the Cowboys in their house and you tell me there won't be a different result.

Hiya Kaylore.

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Hiya Kaylore.

Hello!

I wanted to come here and see what they were saying before they lose to the cursed Faiders this weekend.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
He got 506 yards in 36 attempts? That is nuts. I just assumed he threw it like 50 times.

There were a few big pass plays ... there was one 82 yd TD pass, another 79 yard reception and a handful of 25+ plays. But, those two pass completions for 82 and 79 put the damage on the stats.

listopencil
10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Hello!

I wanted to come here and see what they were saying before they lose to the cursed Faiders this weekend.

Pryor looks like an up-and-comer. You think the Faid have a chance?

listopencil
10-10-2013, 01:58 PM
There were a few big pass plays.

Dallas did very good of handling our pass rush as a team. The QB, the O-Line and the receivers reacting well.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 02:01 PM

Weren't the only non starters Miller and Bailey? And the score was 14-0 in the blink of an eye so don't act like they didn't score on the defense that was preparing all week.

Mav
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Something that is overrated, and no where to be found Alex?

Correct...

Ill take things shoved in Brocks ass for 1000!

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM

They play very well in Arrowhead. if someone can cover Charles in the passing game, that's like half of Alex Smith's throws. The trick with the Chiefs is to get a lead and force Alex check-down to play uphill. They haven't had to do that much this season. Last week against the Titans backup was the first time.

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Weren't the only non starters Miller and Bailey? And the score was 14-0 in the blink of an eye so don't act like they didn't score on the defense that was preparing all week.

No. Ayers, Woodyard and Chris Harris were knocked out of the game early. None have practiced this week. Also one of those scores we fumbled the ball before got to mid field so that was a gift.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:06 PM
No. Ayers, Woodyard and Chris Harris were knocked out of the game early. None have practiced this week. Also one of those scores we fumbled the ball before got to mid field so that was a gift.

I believe they were all in during the 14-0, which is what I believe his point was...

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:06 PM

No, we also lost Woodyard and Ayers was hurt.

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:07 PM

Yup, you covered it better than I did.

mr. tegu
10-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I believe they were all in during the 14-0, which is what I believe his point was...

This is what I am thinking occurred.

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM

Whose side are you on, anyway?

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM
This is what I am thinking occurred.

Not all that big of a deal. The Broncos have been more dominant in the second halves of games this year. There is a trend of steady in-game improvement with a big jump starting in the 3rd quarter after half time adjustments.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:14 PM

I was wondering the came Khan...

ThaVirus
10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Yep, and KC trailed 13-7 until the TD at the 3 min mark in the 3rd quarter. And, then they traded FGs in the 4th quarter.

I believe that's the only game KC didn't see a TD from ST/DEF and you won by 1 point late while scoring 17 points.

Blah blah. We took the lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and never gave it back. The Cowboys had the lead and the ball with 2:50 seconds left in your game.

Our teams looked impressive for different reasons against the Cowboys. We might as well just leave it at that.

Never said KCs D wasn't good... most would say clearly better than Denver's.

Denver missed 5 starters in that game and plus this was a road game.

Not apples to apples but if your point is that KC has a better D than Denver, I never said otherwise in the first place.

Dude, stop with the fucking "missed starters" bullshit. You were only missing Von and Champ to start the game, both of whom you've known would be out since before the season started. The other three pussies all went out at one point or another during the game and after they had gotten torched for 2 TDs in the first quarter.

In our game against the Titans we had a hobbled Flowers, Devito went down with an injury at one point, Poe got dinged up and Houston didn't even practice on Wednesday after taking a blow to the head. Throughout all of this, we never even missed a beat.

Injuries happen. Give me a fucking break.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Yeah, that's hard to tell.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Our teams looked impressive for different reasons against the Cowboys. We might as well just leave it at that.

Agreed. In a few weeks, we'll see what happens... and even then it won't matter, because KC fans will say "watch what happens at our house".

Again, I think KC falls this weekend... not saying it to be an a$$, but I think it's going to happen.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Pryor is the type if QB that can hurt the Chiefs if he survives the first wave of defenders and takes off running on a busted play. On top of that, he's throwing the ball very well - 69% completion rate, and that includes going bombs away and not just the dump off stuff.

I think this game with Oakland will be much closer than is being billed to this point. Their defense is flying under the radar. Alex MUST play a better game (and I'm talking all four quarters, not just the final period) than he did against Tennessee, and our defense MUST be disciplined stopping Pryor and McFadden.

ThaVirus
10-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Agreed. In a few weeks, we'll see what happens... and even then it won't matter, because KC fans will say "watch what happens at our house".

LMAO You're damned right, but hopefully we won't have to.

I'm hoping Andy puts that fantastically placed bye week to good use. It would take off a shit ton of pressure if we could steal one in Invesco.

Kaylore
10-10-2013, 02:29 PM

I'm hoping Andy puts that fantastically placed bye week to good use. It would take off a shit ton of pressure if we could steal one in Invesco.

The Chiefs have a decent shot to at least split the series.

Coming off the Bye the Broncos play at the Chargers, then home against the Chiefs, then on the road for a prime time game against the Pats and then on the road again in Arrowhead. It'll come to execution because neither team will change much in two weeks.

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Pryor is the type if QB that can hurt the Chiefs if he survives the first wave of defenders and takes off running on a busted play. On top of that, he's throwing the ball very well - 69% completion rate, and that includes going bombs away and not just the dump off stuff.

I think this game with Oakland will be much closer than is being billed to this point. Their defense is flying under the radar. Alex MUST play a better game (and I'm talking all four quarters, not just the final period) than he did against Tennessee, and our defense MUST be disciplined stopping Pryor and McFadden.

I'm not all that impressed with McFadden unless he gets into space. He's improved his ability to read his blocks, but he still doesn't move exceptionally well laterally when running with the ball. I think Pryor is a playmaker though. I just don't know how quickly he will develop.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
The Chiefs have a decent shot to at least split the series.

Coming off the Bye the Broncos play at the Chargers, then home against the Chiefs, then on the road for a prime time game against the Pats and then on the road again in Arrowhead. It'll come to execution because neither team will change much in two weeks.

It's a stretch like that which should make TEX smile... but then I'm sure even he can somehow spin that into a positive stretch of games for Denver.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Blah blah. We took the lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and never gave it back. The Cowboys had the lead and the ball with 2:50 seconds left in your game.

Dude, stop with the ****ing "missed starters" bullshit. You were only missing Von and Champ to start the game, both of whom you've known would be out since before the season started. The other three pussies all went out at one point or another during the game and after they had gotten torched for 2 TDs in the first quarter.

In our game against the Titans we had a hobbled Flowers, Devito went down with an injury at one point, Poe got dinged up and Houston didn't even practice on Wednesday after taking a blow to the head. Throughout all of this, we never even missed a beat.

Injuries happen. Give me a ****ing break.

Lol.. All your crying doesn't make the facts any less true...

Denver was down 5 starters for most of the game which would include the Dallas 2nd half explosion.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 02:36 PM

You are correct. FWIW, Denver did win the game in the end without the help of Miller, Bailey and those injured during the game which I believe says a heck of a lot more than getting down by 14 early.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Lol.. All your crying doesn't make the facts any less true...

Denver was down 5 starters for most of the game which would include the Dallas 2nd half explosion.

Yeah, the loss of those guys in the 2H was totally exploited by Dallas. I expected Dallas to make some big plays, put up points and keep it close, but damn... it wouldn't have been that close so late with Ayers and Woodyard still around.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 02:38 PM

If KC wins in Denver, it won't be a "steal". They will have earned it.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:38 PM

All depends on how it happens to be honest.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:40 PM

I just barfed a little...

Bowser
10-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Should we have our linemen Crisco up their uniforms? ;)

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Ok, I will give you that if it ends up being a missed extra point or a blocked punt returned for a TD as time expires:D

I think we split with both teams winning at home. The game in Denver will be close until mid way through the 3rd unless KC finds a way to control the clock and keep PM off the field. Otherwise I see the KC defense getting a little winded.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:42 PM

I would.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Ok, I will give you that if it ends up being a missed extra point or a blocked punt returned for a TD as time expires:D

I think we split with both teams winning at home. The game in Denver will be close until mid way through the 3rd unless KC finds a way to control the clock and keep PM off the field. Otherwise I see the KC defense getting a little winded.

Barring any major injuries..

I like Denver to sweep...

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 02:43 PM

In Denver, I believe the Broncos blast them out of the stadium by 17 points.

In KC, I think it's incredibly closer... and that either team could win by 3-7 points.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Barring any major injuries..

I like Denver to sweep...

I could see that as well but Arrowhead is a tough place to play. I am anxious to see how Von looks when he gets back against Indy. Could change things a lot!:thumb:

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:48 PM

You'd be better off putting a bounty on Manning. That's more in the KC style anyway.

Easy 6
10-10-2013, 02:49 PM
You'd be better off putting a bounty on Manning. That's more in the KC style anyway.

Oh brother...

listopencil
10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh brother...

What? As long as we're trying to air dirty laundry...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Oh brother...

I'm down.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
I could see that as well but Arrowhead is a tough place to play. I am anxious to see how Von looks when he gets back against Indy. Could change things a lot!:thumb:

I think the Indy game will be a telling game..

If Denver d is as good as I am claiming, the colts game should show it.

vailpass
10-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm down.

:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Your defense is garbage. Even the lowly Axl shall abuse it.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I think VM is going to help the defense a ton. Having pressure that is currently non-existant will alleviate some of the pressure on the DB's and cut down on the long completions imo. If teams choose to double VM, someone else will have to step up (which I believe is the most likely scenario).

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Your defense is garbage. Even the lowly Axl shall abuse it.

The faid gonna expose your hilariously overrated queefs d..

See?... I can blindly troll too.... I am multi faceted...

I got layers.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 02:59 PM

They shut down a Dallas offense that evicerated the Doncs.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 03:00 PM

Von Miller returning will absolutely help. I have mixed emotions about Bailey to be honest. Denver has a good, but not consistently great defense.

I think the pace of the offense puts a lot of pressure on the defense to play greater than they need at times. I mean, if they are up 37-16 with 4 minutes, I really don't give a damn if they give up a late TD.

Either way... Denver doesn't have an elite defense right now, and that's fine because they can win with out one. It's an offense focused league...

Denver's defense will be tested often by IND and others, but esp IND. They'll need to play much better than yesterday. They give up a lot of long drives too which has been fine in the first 4 games because they usually ended with a FG or a punt.

Tombstone RJ
10-10-2013, 03:04 PM

kc was at home and dallas is notorius for laying eggs and then playing like world beaters.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Von Miller returning will absolutely help. I have mixed emotions about Bailey to be honest. Denver has a good, but not consistently great defense.

I think the pace of the offense puts a lot of pressure on the defense to play greater than they need at times. I mean, if they are up 37-16 with 4 minutes, I really don't give a damn if they give up a late TD.

Either way... Denver doesn't have an elite defense right now, and that's fine because they can win with out one. It's an offense focused league...

Denver's defense will be tested often by IND and others, but esp IND. They'll need to play much better than yesterday. They give up a lot of long drives too which has been fine in the first 4 games because they usually ended with a FG or a punt.

I agree Denver's d isn't elite... not sure if there is an elite d in the league right now.

However I do think denvers d compliments the offense well. They stop the run and rush the passer well. That's a good recipe even if you do give up big plays occasionally.

MileHighFish
10-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Based on replies a comment I posted in another thread on this forum received, Denver's big win over Baltimore was skewed somehow because it was early in the season. I guess using the same logic could apply to KC's win over Dallas.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 03:06 PM
kc was at home and dallas is notorius for laying eggs and then playing like world beaters.

Shhh. Don't cloud his thoughts with that stuff... let him stew.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I agree Denver's d isn't elite... not sure if there is an elite d in the league right now.

However I do think denvers d compliments the offense well. They stop the run and rush the passer well. That's a good recipe even if you do give up big plays occasionally.

Depends on the weapons... I think PHI made some fatal flaws in their execution, as did NY. Denver's defense has improved in the last 2 years, but they still have issues. The bend but don't break catches up with you.

But, I'd rather have this scenario than KC's ...

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
You just aren't very smart, Donkey Homerism or off your game today. Let's review a bit here.....The broncos offense hung 30 on the chiefs D in the last meeting and Denver's O is far better now... Poe is in year # 2, he's much better, understands more,with a better DC, one who plays to our players strengths and it was the last game of the year, we only showed up in person,not heart & soul, season was over and it showed in their play. This team has better depth than last year.

Chiefs D is good but overrated. They shutting down inferior offenses. Fitzpatrick is awful. We have played almost the same teams you have, why has your team given up more yards and points ?

Broncos D is massively underrated. If the chiefs had an offense that avg 40 a game then their D would allow more pts per game and more pass yds easily... nature of the beast. It is, but a strong also stopped you in the playoffs, nature of the beast.

Go check the games... Denver's D allowed bigger pts when the game was decided... other than the Dallas game where half Denver's starters were out, garbage time pts were being scored. Keep playing that way, it becomes habit forming taking plays off.

Plus Denver is #1 against the run. Before you blame big leads, check denvers ypc... #2 in the NFL. Teams playing behind tend to pass more to attempt to catch up, no ? YPC can be misleading, points per game is not. Bend don't break gives up yards, not as many points, torch city gives up points! Who has given up more points ?

Every team tries to establish a run game against Denver and fails and then abandons it. They do against KC too, your point is ?

So has every team we faced this year, Jacksonville thought this too, Philly, Tenn., all road games.

BTW, I though you had a point to make ?

listopencil
10-10-2013, 03:12 PM

My thoughts exactly.

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 03:19 PM

I have to agree, for some reason we have had our issues at home with this cesspool from Prisonville.

Sorry Brad, it ends this week, we win at home !

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I have to agree, for some reason we have had our issues at home with this cesspool from Prisonville.

Sorry Brad, it ends this week, we win at home !

Well, I did say that KC should win by 14... but if a few things go the right way, then that's how you get to my prediction.

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 03:22 PM

True, as much as in KC, if you expect a cake walk in KC, it's not happening. Personally, I don't see us losing any games at home, the road has me concerned with at least 3 losses.

Discuss Thrower
10-10-2013, 03:23 PM
P

H

M

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Well, I did say that KC should win by 14... but if a few things go the right way, then that's how you get to my prediction.

For the same reason I though Dallas would get you last week, Romoclose but no cigar!

digger
10-10-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.jg-inkorporated.com/photos/Cartoons/Don%27tFeedTheTroll%28JGinK%29.png

Mile High Mania
10-10-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.jg-inkorporated.com/photos/Cartoons/Don%27tFeedTheTroll%28JGinK%29.png

Agreed, Trolls are horrible.

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Chiefs 1st in Disrupted Dropback By Defense

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/inside-slanthttp://sports-ak.espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/inside-slant

10-10-2013, 06:15 PM
The Raiders don't matter. The Broncos do.

Are you stupid?

Gravedigger
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm going to call it, Von will be rusty as hell. Sure he might have a great game out of the gate because he's pissed at the NFL catching his dumb ass, but everyone thinks this Defense will just all of a sudden kick ass when he returns. I have a news flash for you, it won't. They'll still give up huge passing yards like they did with Romo, Peyton will still be the talking point of the team, just face it, Von is not going to help that much.

gcbroncos
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
You just aren't very smart, Donkey Homerism or off your game today. Let's review a bit here..... Poe is in year # 2, he's much better, understands more,with a better DC, one who plays to our players strengths and it was the last game of the year, we only showed up in person,not heart & soul, season was over and it showed in their play. This team has better depth than last year.
anecdotal dribble... save the "heart and soul" fluff for my kid's after school special... the broncos hung 30 on whats largely the same defensive personnel...and denver's offense is far better now than then...

We have played almost the same teams you have, why has your team given up more yards and points ?[
as i said already, denver avg over 4o a game... if the chiefs averaged 40+ a game, then the chiefs defense would allow more pts and pass yards... nature of the beast...

It is, but a strong also stopped you in the playoffs, nature of the beast.
denver learned from that loss, but that won't be revealed til playoffs

Keep playing that way, it becomes habit forming taking plays off.
no one is taking plays off, but when you're up 25pts with less than a quarter to play, intensity will naturally drop... human nature...

Teams playing behind tend to pass more to attempt to catch up, no ? YPC can be misleading, points per game is not. Bend don't break gives up yards, not as many points, torch city gives up points! Who has given up more points ?
how is ypc per carry misleading?... yards per game, sure... but yards per carry?...no
denver has a high scoring offense, but they also happen to have a great run stopping defense... believe it or not, the two although mutually exclusive are indeed alowed to simultaneously exist... LB Danny Trevaithan grades #1 among 4-3 OLBs against the run so far and Denver has a massive sized front 4 with pork chop & kvick along with ayers and Wolf...Denver has a good run D, just face it... no need to try and convince yourself otherwise just becuz you don't like them...

They do against KC too, your point is ?
the chiefs are 21st against the run while denver ranks 1st... denver allows 3.3ypc which ranks 2nd, while KC allows 5.3ypc which ranks 2nd to last... so exactly what is YOUR point?... according to these numbers KC is literally one of the bottom 5 or 6 run defenses in football... like i said, KC's defense is overrated right now... an elite defense would never suck that bad against the run...

So has every team we faced this year, Jacksonville thought this too, Philly, Tenn., all road games.

BTW, I though you had a point to make ?

i think my points have been made pretty well here, thanks...

ROYC75
10-10-2013, 07:02 PM
anecdotal dribble... save the "heart and soul" fluff for my kid's after school special... the broncos hung 30 on whats largely the same defensive personnel...and denver's offense is far better now than then...

as i said already, denver avg over 4o a game... if the chiefs averaged 40+ a game, then the chiefs defense would allow more pts and pass yards... nature of the beast...

denver learned from that loss, but that won't be revealed til playoffs

no one is taking plays off, but when you're up 25pts with less than a quarter to play, intensity will naturally drop... human nature...

how is ypc per carry misleading?... yards per game, sure... but yards per carry?...no
denver has a high scoring offense, but they also happen to have a great run stopping defense... believe it or not, the two although mutually exclusive are indeed alowed to simultaneously exist... LB Danny Trevaithan grades #1 among 4-3 OLBs against the run so far and Denver has a massive sized front 4 with pork chop & kvick along with ayers and Wolf...Denver has a good run D, just face it... no need to try and convince yourself otherwise just becuz you don't like them...

the chiefs are 21st against the run while denver ranks 1st... denver allows 3.3ypc which ranks 2nd, while KC allows 5.3ypc which ranks 2nd to last... so exactly what is YOUR point?... according to these numbers KC is literally one of the bottom 5 or 6 run defenses in football... like i said, KC's defense is overrated right now... an elite defense would never suck that bad against the run...

i think my points have been made pretty well here, thanks...

BLAH BLAH BLAH, we let Vick & McCoy run a muck, inflated that average. I'll give you the Dallas game where you looked like a old fashion torched, burn unit at the ER.

Both teams are built to their own units, KC's D and Denver's O, whoever can impose their will,will win 1 or both of the 2 games, it's simple.

Both teams & fans feel pretty good about their chances at a win.

digger
10-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Isn't there a broncos board you all broncos homers can go to to jerk each other off on?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Isn't there a broncos board you all broncos homers can go to to jerk each other off on?

Nah, we want them around. Donkey tears are the tastiest of all!

digger
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Nah, we want them around. Donkey tears are the tastiest of all!

LMAO:LOL::bravo: