PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Preemptive late night bullshit: Marcus Cooper is the Chiefs best corner right now.

Direckshun
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
I just got done watching the Titans game all the way through again tonight.

I know the kid's just played two games (one and a half, really), but in those two games, he played tighter coverage, with less of a cushion, and more game-breaking ability than either of our starting corners, Sean Smith and Brandon Flowers.

Coop plays with Flowers' gamebreaking ability. When he reads a route, he gets his head turned around and goes straight for the ball. Sean Smith does not have that kind of aggressiveness.

The fact that Cooper has supplanted Brandon Flowers on the outside is all the evidence we need that the coaching staff agrees. Better to have Flowers chasing the smaller, squiggly guys in the slot.

But Cooper is straight up dominant. QBs keep testing him the past couple games, thinking they can outsmart him. And the commentators even said that Coop has some learning to do.

He doesn't, really. Maybe a trick of the trade here or there, but he is playing picture-perfect coverage on the outside. He is using the sideline, he is breaking for the ball, he's turning his head around, his hips flip as fast as any DB on this team, on par with Flowers.

By the end of the season, we may have a shutdown corner. If we don't have one right now. Seeing how we have Sean Smith for another year, this combination of Flowers-Smith-Cooper will take us places next year, and then we can comfortably let Smith walk the year after and give Cooper a payday.

It might just be the Imperial Java Stout I'm drinking right now (Santa Fe Brewing Company!), but this secondary has me jacked, peeps.

Jacked.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Carr II

Simply Red
10-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I just got done watching the Titans game all the way through again tonight.

I know the kid's just played two games (one and a half, really), but in those two games, he played tighter coverage, with less of a cushion, and more game-breaking ability than either of our starting corners, Sean Smith and Brandon Flowers.

Coop plays with Flowers' gamebreaking ability. When he reads a route, he gets his head turned around and goes straight for the ball. Sean Smith does not have that kind of aggressiveness.

The fact that Cooper has supplanted Brandon Flowers on the outside is all the evidence we need that the coaching staff agrees. Better to have Flowers chasing the smaller, squiggly guys in the slot.

But Cooper is straight up dominant. QBs keep testing him the past couple games, thinking they can outsmart him. And the commentators even said that Coop has some learning to do.

He doesn't, really. Maybe a trick of the trade here or there, but he is playing picture-perfect coverage on the outside. He is using the sideline, he is breaking for the ball, he's turning his head around, his hips flip as fast as any DB on this team, on par with Flowers.

By the end of the season, we may have a shutdown corner. If we don't have one right now. Seeing how we have Sean Smith for another year, this combination of Flowers-Smith-Cooper will take us places next year, and then we can comfortably let Smith walk the year after and give Cooper a payday.

It might just be the Imperial Java Stout I'm drinking right now (Santa Fe Brewing Company!), but this secondary has me jacked, peeps.

Jacked.

Where did he go to school?

Rasputin
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Ya well we need get Brandon Flowers 100% healthy then talk who is the best.

Sfeihc
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
John Dorsey is showing us how this whole G.M. thing works. His work in post cut free agency has saved the team and more than made up for the games lost to injury between Fisher, Commings and Kelce.

Direckshun
Carr II

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/2011_cars_2-wide.jpg

Direckshun

Rutgers.

Motherfucker was a Scarlet Knight.

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:02 PM

Rutgers. He's been a WR his entire life, then converted to CB his senior year. That's probably part of the reason why he's so aggressive - he's still running routes and going for the ball.

That said, I'm going with "cautiously over-optimistic" at this point. He's looked fantastic, but I'd like to see a few more games before I can crown him.

Mav
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Body type, aggressiveness physicality.

Smart. Played receiver in college before switching to corner.

and no, im not talking about Cooper. There is another ELITE cb, who did the same thing in college.

hes doing okay.

a pp roach
10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
before I can crown him.

aYKIcnj1MJY

Sandy Vagina
10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Dude is doing well so far. No need to be saying he is better than Flowers or Smith.. right now or ever. I do agree that the KC defense is better for putting Flowers on the inside squiggly guys, as you call it, lol. I can easily see Cooper as a high quality corner for a long time, and love that he has WR experience to assist his progress.

Mav
10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Dude is doing well so far. No need to be saying he is better than Flowers or Smith.. right now or ever. I do agree that the KC defense is better for putting Flowers on the inside squiggly guys, as you call it, lol. I can easily see Cooper as a high quality corner for a long time, and love that he has WR experience to assist his progress.

Agreed. I as a coach would want my most intelligent best technique corner on the slot.

That's where the league is now days. They look for mismatches out of the slot.

Good call. I took like flowers in the slot.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

Direckshun
10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

Fuck.

Yes.

May the best man win, Manning.

May the best man win.

hometeam
10-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I like the guy but lets refrain from crowning him~

Hopefully he is who we thought he was, so lets not let him off the hook.

Saul Good
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

Yep. You couldn't design a better set of corners for that matchup.

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Fuck.

Yes.

May the best man win, Manning.

May the best man win.

I was talking to a friend at work today about the Chiefs-Broncos matchup, and I'm REALLY excited about it. You can't fool Manning with crazy blitzes - he's seen everything. But Manning can't pick apart a zone like he's used to when the other team's planing man with a strong secondary.

We've potentially got an opportunity to watch a game dominated by one-on-one battles at nearly every position. That could be a TON of fun to watch.

BigMeatballDave
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to thisWho covers the other Thomas? Berry?

Saul Good
I like the guy but lets refrain from crowning him~

Hopefully he is who we thought he was, so lets not let him off the hook.

I get this sentiment. I really do. That said, can you name a single example of a cornerback who started out great and then turned out to be mediocre?

Bowser
I was talking to a friend at work today about the Chiefs-Broncos matchup, and I'm REALLY excited about it. You can't fool Manning with crazy blitzes - he's seen everything. But Manning can't pick apart a zone like he's used to when the other team's planing man with a strong secondary.

We've potentially got an opportunity to watch a game dominated by one-on-one battles at nearly every position. That could be a TON of fun to watch.

Their tight end is going to be a bitch of a matchup for us. Berry is playing damned good ball right now, but I think we can all agree that his weakness is playing man coverage on great tight ends. THAT matchup is going to be key for both teams.

DaFace
Who covers the other Thomas? Berry?

Primarily, yes.

Direckshun
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Fuck yes, Berry covers Thomas.

Get ready for something like 4 catches for 29 yards from Thomas.

Berry has been aces in coverage against TEs this year.

Bowser

Probably. Maybe a bracket coverage with Berry and DJ?

Saul Good
Their tight end is going to be a bitch of a matchup for us. Berry is playing damned good ball right now, but I think we can all agree that his weakness is playing man coverage on great tight ends. THAT matchup is going to be key for both teams.

Except...he's the best in the league at covering TEs this year, IIRC.

Direckshun

Would you consider Jason Witten a great tight end?

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:26 PM

Once upon a time? Sure. Now? I've seen no evidence of that this season.

Bowser
Fuck yes, Berry covers Thomas.

Get ready for something like 4 catches for 29 yards from Thomas.

Berry has been aces in coverage against TEs this year.

True. The last 3-4 games of last year and this season so far he has really picked up in coverage.

Very, very excited to see these matchups.

Saul Good
This is Lewis, Ross, Cherry, and (unfortunately) Pearson redux.

Direckshun
10-10-2013, 07:27 PM

It will be war.

If we bring our best game, it will be extremely satisfying. Assuming the offense doesn't shit it pants.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Easy fellas. I'm not busting on Berry at all. I should have said "in the past, his weakness was". Thomas is good and a physical freak, but as D pointed out, Witten is pretty fucking good as well.

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
It will be war.

If we bring our best game, it will be extremely satisfying. Assuming the offense doesn't shit it pants.

I'm choosing to ignore that possibility for the time being.

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Easy fellas. I'm not busting on Berry at all. I should have said "in the past, his weakness was". Thomas is good and a physical freak, but as D pointed out, Witten is pretty fucking good as well.

FUCK YOU YOU DUMB SONOFABITCH HOW DARE YOU CALL BERRY A BUST YOU ASSHOLE

tk13
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't know if he's our best corner... but guys like him are why you don't spend $50 million on a CB. Especially in today's NFL. That was the one thing Pioli was right about.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
FUCK YOU YOU DUMB SONOFABITCH HOW DARE YOU CALL BERRY A BUST YOU ASSHOLE

You NEVER take a safety that high!

patteeu
10-10-2013, 07:31 PM

No, we can't really agree on that.

Saul Good
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
You NEVER take a safety that high!

But you can take a linebacker that's high. You can take two.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
No, we can't really agree on that.

READ THE THREAD PAT JESUS

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
But you can take a linebacker that's high. You can take two.

Well shit yes. Especially if said baked linebacker leads the league in sacks.

Direckshun
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Ban patteeu.

patteeu
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
READ THE THREAD PAT JESUS

I read it and I still don't think we can agree.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I read it and I still don't think we can agree.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/c/c1/Why.gif

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Berry is playing lights out. Hell, Tyson Jackson has played pretty freaking well. I honestly can't think of a guy on this defense that hasn't brought it this season so far. Dunta, I guess?

patteeu
10-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Berry is playing lights out. Hell, Tyson Jackson has played pretty freaking well. I honestly can't think of a guy on this defense that hasn't brought it this season so far. Dunta, I guess?

Now THAT'S something we can agree on.

DaFace
10-10-2013, 07:37 PM

Kendrick Lewis has been pretty average in tackling, but I can't even say he's been a "weakness."

-King-
10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Sean Smith is our best CB so far. You forget he even plays cause QBs aren't even testing him and when they do, he's able to swat the ball away.

salame
10-10-2013, 07:39 PM
hangin with mr cooper

Bowser
10-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Kendrick Lewis has been pretty average in tackling, but I can't even say he's been a "weakness."

That's fair. He doesn't take good routes to ballcarriers and isn't the best tackler we have. IIRC, he does get a bunch of pass breakups, though....

Fritz88
10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
At worst we now have a metric fuck-ton of coverage/blitz options.

With three solid corners, Berry, DJ and Houston both solid in coverage you have rape lurking around every corner...

MotherfuckerJones
10-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

Trent green today thinks flowers on welker, cooper on Thomas and smith on decker

patteeu
10-10-2013, 07:54 PM
PFF overall defensive ratings, fwiw:

Justin Houston +14.2
Tamba Hali +12.3
Tyson Jackson +8.9
Dontari Poe +6.7
Eric Berry +6.6
Sean Smith +6.1
Derrick O. Johnson +6.1
Akeem Jordan +5.9
Mike Devito +5.5
Quintin Demps +3.8
Marcus Cooper +3.1
Husain Abdullah +3.0
Kendrick Lewis +2.2
Brandon Flowers +0.6
Dunta Robinson -5.6

I only included players with over 100 snaps. Bold indicates over 250 snaps (with Flowers barely making the cut at 258 and all the others over 300).

MotherfuckerJones
10-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Bills GM Doug Whaley says he's not actively shopping FS Jairus Byrd, but admits he's open to trading him.
"So if the phone rings, we're going to listen," Whaley said. "But that doesn't mean we're out trying to trade." Whaley's comments are just the latest indication the sides have every intention of parting ways in the offseason. Inactive for every game so far this season, Byrd (plantar fasciitis) is tentatively expected to make his 2013 debut on Sunday.
Source: Associated Press Oct 10 - 8:06 PM

Not happening but would be awesome to have Byrd instead of Lewis

patteeu
10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
PFF overall defensive ratings, fwiw:

Justin Houston +14.2
Tamba Hali +12.3
Tyson Jackson +8.9
Dontari Poe +6.7
Eric Berry +6.6
Sean Smith +6.1
Derrick O. Johnson +6.1
Akeem Jordan +5.9
Mike Devito +5.5
Quintin Demps +3.8
Marcus Cooper +3.1
Husain Abdullah +3.0
Kendrick Lewis +2.2
Brandon Flowers +0.6
Dunta Robinson -5.6

I only included players with over 100 snaps. Bold indicates over 250 snaps (with Flowers barely making the cut at 258 and all the others over 300).

BTW, the ratings are cumulative so if you look at these on a per snap basis, some of the lower snap players have higher per snap ratings than the full timers. For example, Marcus Cooper (128 snaps) actually has a higher per snap rating than Sean Smith (319 snaps). I covered some of this in the Official I Love Marcus Cooper thread. Dunta Robinson's per snap rating is really bad.

RealSNR
10-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Bills GM Doug Whaley says he's not actively shopping FS Jairus Byrd, but admits he's open to trading him.
"So if the phone rings, we're going to listen," Whaley said. "But that doesn't mean we're out trying to trade." Whaley's comments are just the latest indication the sides have every intention of parting ways in the offseason. Inactive for every game so far this season, Byrd (plantar fasciitis) is tentatively expected to make his 2013 debut on Sunday.

The Bills need a QB, don't they?

Chase Daniel for Byrd. Straight up.

-King-
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM

Eh. The way we play our FS, it would just be a waste of money.

MotherfuckerJones
10-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Eh. The way we play our FS, it would just be a waste of money.

I just would like get rid of Lewis. Tackling is atrocious

Simply Red
10-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm excited for him too. I'm not drinking though - but I feel naturally high after reading this thread.

salame
10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
The Bills need a QB, don't they?

Chase Daniel for Byrd. Straight up.

this

O.city
10-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Lewis isn't much of a playmaker, but iirc, nearly all the defensive players talk about how he's so intelligent and how he's the qb of he defense.

chiefs1111
10-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Sean Smith is our best CB so far. You forget he even plays cause QBs aren't even testing him and when they do, he's able to swat the ball away.

He's Sargent Swat

Shaid
10-10-2013, 09:42 PM

The thing I'm concerned with is that I think the weakness of man coverage is running crossing routes and noone is better at it than Welker. That's really the only worry I have. I really think we match up great everywhere else. Flowers will have to play it inside to take away the crossing route and he is absolutely the best player to do it but it still concerns me.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Ban Bowser!

Ace Gunner
10-10-2013, 10:13 PM

hello peyton

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm238/yankeesx23/Gifs/TheDudeGif.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 10:13 PM
This thread doesn't suck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-10-2013, 10:14 PM
this

Fuck; anything or ANYONE productive for Chase Daniel.

-King-
10-10-2013, 10:40 PM
I just would like get rid of Lewis. Tackling is atrocious

As the single high safety his tackling doesn't have to be great or really all that good even. For the most part, the rest of the defense has done a bad job if we need to depend on his tackling.

RunKC
10-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Can you imagine when we get Sanders Commings back? I loved that kid coming out. He was a baller in college and showed up bigtime against Bama.
He's been running at practice and getting ready to return.

Just scary how much depth we have..

Flowers, Cooper, Robinson and Smith at CB

Berry, Abdullah, Demps, Lewis and Commings at Safety.

Props, John Dorsey. You are the fucking man.

RunKC
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
As the single high safety his tackling doesn't have to be great or really all that good even. For the most part, the rest of the defense has done a bad job if we need to depend on his tackling.

Yeah RB's don't get to the secondary often. The one time it happened against the Titans was because Demps missed a tackle in the backfield.

It's okay though. He made up for his sin by getting a pick later in the game and a nice punt return. He is forgiven.

mikey23545
10-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Ya well we need get Brandon Flowers 100% healthy then talk who is the best.

And just when the fuck would that be?....

Psyko Tek
10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Lewis isn't much of a playmaker, but iirc, nearly all the defensive players talk about how he's so intelligent and how he's the qb of he defense.

that is what bothers me about getting rid of him
what if he is the guy making the D great calling the coverages and such?

that aside
I love what demps has been doing

ChiefGator
10-11-2013, 03:22 AM
you have rape lurking around every corner...

Really? Yikes!

CoMoChief
10-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Our CBs are playing lights out because our front 7 is getting to the qb regularly. Now I know some cant understand that because it's been nearly 16 yrs since we've had a dominant defense. But as good as theyve been there have been multiple times where our corners get beat but the ball is poorly placed because of bad qb play or the receiver drops it. But its amazing how good a secondary can be when the rush can get to the opposing qb in the backfield.

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah RB's don't get to the secondary often. The one time it happened against the Titans was because Demps missed a tackle in the backfield.

It's okay though. He made up for his sin by getting a pick later in the game and a nice punt return. He is forgiven.

Demps is another great pickup by Dorsey. He's just being severely overshadowed by Cooper at the moment. I dig when we have Lewis at FS, Demps at SS and Berry roaming the field.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

AND Houston, Hali and Poe on forehead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saul Good
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Demps is another great pickup by Dorsey. He's just being severely overshadowed by Cooper at the moment. I dig when we have Lewis at FS, Demps at SS and Berry roaming the field.

You dig a package with three safeties?

-King-
10-11-2013, 08:45 AM

Its been a good package for us this season. We use it more than you think.
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever
10-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

The Smith vs. Thomas one scares me a bit, but that's where you swing Lewis in to cover the long ball.

58-4ever
10-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, Demps is on the field a lot. It should be interesting. We will probably see more of that with the Donks. Berry covering Thomas, with Lewis and Demps covering the deep stuff.

oh_snap
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Rutgers.

Mother****er was a Scarlet Knight.

where he played as a receiver. The guy is a beast. I don't think you can say that he is the best CB we have though. Especially since Flowers isn't 100% right now.

I recall vs the Giants, John lynch was one of the commentators and he said he had talked with Al Harris (Former packers DB on the Chiefs coaching staff) and Al was saying how this guy was someone to watch for.

patteeu
10-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know whether they use it more than Saul thinks, but they did start the game against the Giants with a dime package that included 3 safeties (according to profootballreference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201309290kan.htm)):

Dontari Poe NT
Mike DeVito RDE
Justin Houston LOLB
Derrick O. Johnson RILB
Tamba Hali ROLB
Dunta Robinson LCB
Marcus Cooper CB
Sean Smith RCB
Eric Berry SS
Kendrick Lewis FS
Quintin Demps S

Saul Good
10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I just feel like we are strong at nearly every position on defense in our base package. Bringing in a third safety removes a better player from the field.

Sometimes it's necessary, but it's not something I get excited to see.

Saul Good
10-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't know whether they use it more than Saul thinks, but they did start the game against the Giants with a dime package that included 3 safeties (according to profootballreference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201309290kan.htm)):

Dontari Poe NT
Mike DeVito RDE
Justin Houston LOLB
Derrick O. Johnson RILB
Tamba Hali ROLB
Dunta Robinson LCB
Marcus Cooper CB
Sean Smith RCB
Eric Berry SS
Kendrick Lewis FS
Quintin Demps S

Our dime looks a lot better with a healthy Flowers, that much is certain.

patteeu
10-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Our dime looks a lot better with a healthy Flowers, that much is certain.

Yep

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2013, 05:51 PM

With Berry's versatility? Fuck yea I do.

It's not 3 safeties it could be an extra safety, CB, or LB in the box for all the offense knows. If used right it could be damn effective.

mrbiggz
10-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Smith on Thomas

Cooper on Decker

Flowers on Welker

I look forward to this

Berry on the Julius Thomas and DJ covering knowshawn out of the backfield. I think we win more times than we lose.

Saul Good
10-11-2013, 07:09 PM
With Berry's versatility? Fuck yea I do.

It's not 3 safeties it could be an extra safety, CB, or LB in the box for all the offense knows. If used right it could be damn effective.

Three safeties isn't 3 safeties?

mcaj22
10-11-2013, 07:15 PM
that looks more like a nickel package than a dime

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Three safeties isn't 3 safeties?

Technically it is 3 safeties. If you can't understand the versatility of Berry and what that does for that package, I'm not sure I can help you.

Sorter
10-12-2013, 03:10 AM

With any personnel grouping, it depends on the players involved.

With this group, absolutely.

Sorter
10-12-2013, 03:14 AM
I just feel like we are strong at nearly every position on defense in our base package. Bringing in a third safety removes a better player from the field.

Sometimes it's necessary, but it's not something I get excited to see.

It's a pretty common sub grouping. If we had another ILB who could cover as well as DJ, it'd be interesting to see how that would change. However, that personnel grouping can create matchup problems, (specifically with backs based on teams protection principles) especially with overloads and FZ concepts.

the Talking Can
10-12-2013, 06:18 AM
apparently Cooper is just awesome at everything...

Cooper is playing so much in the secondary, special teams coordinator Dave Toub is worried about losing him on special teams.

“That’s the way it is,” Toub said. “Good players end up moving up … I will try to keep using him on punt return when he’s coming off the field, and not having to go back out and play defense. …

“He’s got really good instincts. (On the fumble recovery), instead of just trying to pick it up, he shields the guy, prevents him from getting it and then falls on the ball. Things like that you just can’t teach.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/10/4544535/chiefs-reap-benefits-from-second.html

chop
10-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Carr II

Too little of a sample size to say. I do remember Carr got abused his first year.

Lonewolf Ed
10-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Cooper is far better than William "Billy" Bartee, that is for damned sure. Curse and damn you, Bartee, wherever you are.

KCCrusader
10-12-2013, 08:53 AM
49ers they fools!!!!!!!!!!ROFL

Trade an elite QB for horseshit!!!!!!ROFL

Put on waivers Marcus Cooper NFL rookie of the year!!!!!!!!!ROFL

Andy should be on the phone with them idiots from NorCal every day you never know which studs they giving away!!!!!!!!Stooges

milkman
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Andy should be on the phone with them idiots from NorCal every day you never know which studs they giving away!!!!!!!!Stooges

When did the 9ers trade an elite QB?

RINGLEADER
10-12-2013, 09:39 AM

SUCK IT NINERS...

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/marcus-cooper-making-plays-in-kc-ex-49ers-teammates-noticing.html

chiefin420
10-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Coop had an amazing game and is a great addition to the squad. We talked about Marcus Cooper's performance against the Titans on this week's
Coop and Flowers is a good combo.

RealSNR
10-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, chiefin420! You sound like somebody who joined the forum to chill with other Chiefs fans, and not to whore out your dumbass podcast that nobody listens to!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum, chiefin420! You sound like somebody who joined the forum to chill with other Chiefs fans, and not to whore out your dumbass podcast that nobody listens to!

LMAO

Chiefaholic
10-12-2013, 11:02 PM
When did the 9ers trade an elite QB?

Hammock Parties
10-12-2013, 11:05 PM
So we need some kind of stupid catchphrase.

"Pimpin' with Mr. Cooper."

"Rapin' with Mr. Cooper."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1ao917vphCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefaholic
10-12-2013, 11:10 PM
As far as Cooper is concerned, what a freakin find by Dorsey. The guys definatly done his homework and brought in respectable depth to this team. I'm sure were nowhere near where we'll be in 2-3 years, but I like what I've seen thus far.

He has the perfect size and speed to play man to man bump and run and covers his man every bit as good as Carr did his last season in KC.

Easy 6
10-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I get this sentiment. I really do. That said, can you name a single example of a cornerback who started out great and then turned out to be mediocre?

Daang, simple logic wins every time.

Dorsey plucked him straight off the vine.

Easy 6
10-12-2013, 11:21 PM

The extremity is killing you, please stop screaming, Barry.

Please stoop.

Ace Gunner
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Carr II

No, Cooper is a one on one kind of corner and Carr is late coming to that game. I'm not ready to say Cooper is going to a better corner than Carr, but it appears to me his 1/1 game is already looking good at this level.

I expect Cooper to have a big day tomorrow against an inexperienced QB. That is to say, Cooper has maturity to his game.

Don't know how much he'll play tomorrow -- If Flowers is back, Cooper may not get much playing time. But if Flowers is out, I'll be curious to see if I'm right.

Rasputin
10-13-2013, 03:26 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lB7QenJB5I4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kicked ass today vs raider scum

Nightfyre
10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
He had a great game today. the Raiders attacked him all day and he stepped up. I'm calling it - he'll be a pro-bowler this year.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Sean Smith is the man.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Cooper was giving me wood today. Dude is a fucking baller.

mdchiefsfan
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Another great performance by Demps too

Brock
10-13-2013, 03:48 PM
49ers DONE GOOFED

crossbow
10-13-2013, 03:52 PM
He had a great game today. the Raiders attacked him all day and he stepped up. I'm calling it - he'll be a pro-bowler this year.

Same thing happened last weak too. They picked on him until he made them pay for it. And yes he is going to grow into a special player. He is just too smart and talented not to.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
How in the hell did this guy go in the 7th round?

Down4Chiefs
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
I think the question becomes how long do we sit Flowers now?I don't think he needs to lose his spot but he has a nagging knee,now his other knee is hurt. Id love to have him healthy for the Denver game. Texans have big recievers I believe so size wize Cooper may or may not be a better fit anyway. But regardless with there qb down its a good chance texans are no threat and we should just rest Flowers for another week or 2

-King-
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
How in the hell did this guy go in the 7th round?

Only spend 2 years as a corner.

saphojunkie
10-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Only spend 2 years as a corner.

Yeah, but Ryan Tannehill only had that as a QB, right?

Whatever, man. I can't believe we have this dude for four years on a rookie free agent salary.

PunkinDrublic
10-13-2013, 03:59 PM
What's awesome is the Chiefs have found gems like Cooper while the Cowgirls overpay for Brandon Carr and move up to draft Claiborne who is looking more and more like a bust every game.

Strongside
10-13-2013, 04:01 PM
I was watching him closely at the game today. Dude is a beast. Elite natural cover skills with WR ball instincts.

saphojunkie
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I was watching him closely at the game today. Dude is a beast. Elite natural cover skills with WR ball instincts.

I'm just going to pretend we drafted him #1 overall and Eric Fisher was a waiver wire pick up for potential depth.

Simply Red
10-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I hate to play Debbie Downer - but this O has a ton of work to do - I'm thinking the Donks sweep us this season.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Fuck that Red.

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 04:37 PM

Pat Dennis

scho63
10-13-2013, 04:43 PM
RU baby!

-King-
10-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I hate to play Debbie Downer - but this O has a ton of work to do - I'm thinking the Donks sweep us this season.

And their their D has ton of work to do.

JoeyChuckles
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Marcus got beat in the first half on the touchdown, and then came back on the exact same play in the second and got the interception. He's a quick learner on top of all the physical skills.

TambaBerry
10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Marcus got beat in the first half on the touchdown, and then came back on the exact same play in the second and got the interception. He's a quick learner on top of all the physical skills.

He got beat, but it wasn't his fault they scored a touchdown. Our safeties shit a brick on that play.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Cooper has been a CB for how long now?

Dude is going to get better and better

Anyong Bluth
10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Why didn't we start a Cooper thread already???

Saul Good
10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Coop had an amazing game and is a great addition to the squad. We talked about Marcus Cooper's performance against the Titans on this week's

Coop and Flowers is a good combo.

Welcome to the Planet. Sorry that your first username choice, "YOLOswag4eva" was taken.

Anyong Bluth
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Our CBs are playing lights out because our front 7 is getting to the qb regularly. Now I know some cant understand that because it's been nearly 16 yrs since we've had a dominant defense. But as good as theyve been there have been multiple times where our corners get beat but the ball is poorly placed because of bad qb play or the receiver drops it. But its amazing how good a secondary can be when the rush can get to the opposing qb in the backfield.

You can make the inverse argument that the secondary has help our front 7 too because we have definitely have had a handful of coverage sacks.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2014, 07:29 PM
What happened to him? Did he lose his starting job?

penbrook
10-19-2014, 07:32 PM
What happened to him? Did he lose his starting job?

Yep he was benched in favor of Fleming

Exoter175
10-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Yep he was benched in favor of Fleming

And god damn did Fleming get rocked all over today.

RealSNR
10-19-2014, 08:14 PM
And god damn did Fleming get rocked all over today.

It wasn't that bad.

Fleming isn't the answer at starting CB, but you make him sound like Vince fucking Agnew out there.

He gave up some bad cushions and got called for some unfair penalties. He also made one or two plays.

He did an adequate job.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2014, 08:18 PM
For Fleming to even get on the field tells you everything you need to know...