PDA

View Full Version : Poop No more playing around in Pittsburg

TribalElder
10-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Haley has to be bummin with no bags tourneys in the locker room now

PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers' locker room has gone from restrictions on games such as pool and pingpong to a recreation-free zone.

It makes everything focus on football right now, which is A-OK with me.

-- Ramon Foster, on coach Mike Tomlin banning games in Steelers' locker room
Coach Mike Tomlin has banned all games in the locker room after the team's 0-4 start, extending a prohibition that had applied to only players with less than four years of experience.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette earlier reported Tomlin's edict.

"It makes everything focus on football right now," left guard Ramon Foster said, "which is A-OK with me."

Free safety Ryan Clark agreed.

"Nobody is really tripping about it," the 12th-year veteran said. "We understand the spirit in which it's done in, and we're just playing football."

A group of veteran players that included Clark, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and defensive end Brett Keisel had prohibited younger players from playing games in the locker room during working hours after the team's 0-2 start.

Tomlin had supported the ruling because of the spirit in which it was handed down.

The seventh-year coach apparently had a change of heart with the Steelers still in search of their first win Sunday when they visit the New York Jets.

"It divided the team in a way since one set of people couldn't do a certain thing," said Clark, one the Steelers' captains. "[Tomlin] just wanted everybody to be together because we're all in the losses together. We're all in the business of fixing this problem together, and we didn't want anything to divide us."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9803631/games-banned-pittsburgh-steelers-locker-room

RealSNR
10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Mike Tomlin is one of the NFL's most overrated coaches.

That dude will have a job that he doesn't deserve forever because the Steelers never fire anybody.

ChiefGator
10-11-2013, 03:12 AM
ping pong is for closers

Rasputin
10-11-2013, 03:56 AM

That dude will have a job that he doesn't deserve forever because the Steelers never fire anybody.

Thought he basically did what Jon Gruden did with the Bucks took another coaches team to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. He should send the Chin a Christmas card every year.

TimBone
10-11-2013, 04:04 AM
I've said these kinds of things about Tomlin for years and lots of folks laugh at me for it. Glad to see at least some folks agree with me.

Rasputin
10-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Todd Haley is the easy fall guy to their problems he will get the ax but their problems wont be fixed.

10-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Hey, no more play games. We have a game to play.

Red Dawg
10-11-2013, 05:22 AM
I've said these kinds of things about Tomlin for years and lots of folks laugh at me for it. Glad to see at least some folks agree with me.

I agree. The truly great coaches take losing teams and make them winners. Tomlin has taken a solid team backwards and now you are seeing a team without Bill's players. His choices are not as good and the Haley hire has been shit because be sucks.

Cheater5
10-11-2013, 05:34 AM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOping pong is for closers

Consistent1
10-11-2013, 06:01 AM
I would think they would be playing PS3 and 360.

Simply Red
10-11-2013, 06:07 AM
ping pong is for closers

Fuck you that's my name!

Simply Red
10-11-2013, 06:15 AM
"Nobody is really tripping about it," the 12th-year veteran said. "We understand the spirit in which it's done in, and we're just playing football."

ROFL - Okay.

Al Bundy
10-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Thought he basically did what Jon Gruden did with the Bucks took another coaches team to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. He should send the Chin a Christmas card every year.

When did Jon Gruden coach in the NBA?

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
BURN BABY, BURN!!!

TribalElder
10-11-2013, 07:00 AM
After hearing the news, Todd Haley went to his rental home and destroyed it.

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2013, 07:08 AM

All I could think about when reading this was Dewey Cox ripping his sinks off the wall, sawing his sofa in two, and bending every spoon in his kitchen. LMAO

Rausch
10-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Todd Haley is the easy fall guy to their problems he will get the ax but their problems wont be fixed.

They probably will.

Most of their offensive problems stem from injury and line play.

And much of their line play stems from injuries.

They'll draft another beast on the OL and the injured studs they already have will be back and healthy next year...

BullJunkandIron
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Steeler nation humbled. Not so much Steeler gear being worn in the gym now. Still see the vehicles with Steeler stickers on them. I'm sure steeler nation will disappear further away.

notorious
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Pittsburgh and it's fans need to go through 20 years of this shit.

Fuck them.

Demonpenz
10-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Chocolate Switzer

Rausch
10-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Steeler nation humbled. Not so much Steeler gear being worn in the gym now. Still see the vehicles with Steeler stickers on them. I'm sure steeler nation will disappear further away.

I doubt it.

You make a SB every decade there will always be fans...

vailpass
10-11-2013, 07:38 AM
I doubt it.

You make a SB every decade there will always be fans...

Yeah Steeler nation is huge and not going anywhere any time soon...

Bewbies
10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
They will need a few drafts to get some talent again. That roster sucks ass.

gblowfish
10-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Your header is missing an "H"

rabblerouser
10-11-2013, 09:09 AM

He went to those Super Bowls with Cowher's players...and staff.

And that is how he has job security.

and he will use Haley as his sacrificial lamb in the offseason to keep his job.

MahiMike
10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
ahhh, wonderful isn't it? Oh how I hate the Steelers and their God Damned fans!

TEX
10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Tomlin Needs to fire Todd Haley and let Big Ben draw plays up in the dirt. Their offense would be more effective that way... As it stands now, that offense looks every bit as inept as the Chiefs did when Todd Haley was running the show in KC. Coincidence?

gblowfish
10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
he will use Haley as his sacrificial lamb in the offseason to keep his job.
Maybe Chrissie will offer up a lil' sumtin sumtin to change his mind....

TEX
10-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Shit, Todd Haley has it coming. That dude is an awful offense of coordinator. And, from a personal standpoint appears to be a real douche. The Steelers would be much better off without him.

oh_snap
10-11-2013, 09:41 AM

I think hes a likeable guy...but he walked into a very good situation. He inherited a Superbowl team with a franchise QB. Bill Cowher built the team that he led to the Superbowl a few years back. Still, he did enough not to **** it all up.

beach tribe
10-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Shit, Todd Haley has it coming. That dude is an awful offense of coordinator. And, from a personal standpoint appears to be a real douche. The Steelers would be much better off without him.

Never seen that one before.

J Diddy
10-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Maybe Chrissie will offer up a lil' sumtin sumtin to change his mind....

Exactly what I was thinking.....

appliances.

The Franchise
10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
They probably will.

Most of their offensive problems stem from injury and line play.

And much of their line play stems from injuries.

They'll draft another beast on the OL and the injured studs they already have will be back and healthy next year...

That and they refuse to draft OTs who can actually play. FFS....they suffered through Max Starks for years.

J Diddy
10-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I read the title and thought oh shit what is going on in Pittsburg and then I realized you were talking about Pittsburgh.

Imon Yourside
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I read the title and thought oh shit what is going on in Pittsburg and then I realized you were talking about Pittsburgh.

It's the Pitts man..

Mr. Laz
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM

ROFL

BlackHelicopters
10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I think hes a likeable guy...but he walked into a very good situation. He inherited a Superbowl team with a franchise QB. Bill Cowher built the team that he led to the Superbowl a few years back. Still, he did enough not to **** it all up.

Define "franchise QB "

Phobia
10-11-2013, 11:10 AM

Don't believe you. Link?

J Diddy
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
It's the Pitts man..

True story: Right after I moved here, I'm sitting under the carport drinking my morning coffee in the middle of a heavy fog as the sun is coming up. Suddenly, I hear what sounds to be hundreds of people marching in unison but can't see anything until finally, through the fog, come a whole bunch of people with camo, what I thought were assault weapons in what looked to be a large deployment. I shit and ran inside thinking martial law had been declared and Pittsburg, KS was under attack!!

Later that day I found out that the ROTC training grounds are right by my house and they were having some joint exercise or something.

Then I read the title saying no more playing around in Pittsburg and thought fuck, now we are under martial law.

Point being the moral of this story is I'm paranoid.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2013, 11:15 AM

po0r t0dD

LMAO LMAO

TribalElder
10-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Your header is missing an "H"

oooops

my bad

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Spelling-fail.jpg

DERP

mike_b_284
10-11-2013, 11:23 AM

Somehow I missed this story. I saw a reference to it in the dog bill story and wasn't sure what he trashed. IIRC the reference mentioned he trashed the resident, which doesn't really make sense. Did they mean he trashed the residence or did he talk shit on the people who live there?

TribalElder
10-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Somehow I missed this story. I saw a reference to it in the dog bill story and wasn't sure what he trashed. IIRC the reference mentioned he trashed the resident, which doesn't really make sense. Did they mean he trashed the residence or did he talk shit on the people who live there?

Don't know all the details

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277235

Pasta Little Brioni
10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
They need to fire that buffoon Haley. He can catch on as a WR coach,

mike_b_284
10-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Don't know all the details

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277235

:thumb:

Pepe Silvia
10-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah Steeler nation is huge and not going anywhere any time soon...

Truth.

gblowfish
10-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I'll bet Haley hired Tyler Palko to remove the appliances....

notorious
10-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Give the Squeeler Fans 20 years of shit (like us) and see how well they hold together.

Oh, and if nobody heard me before, FUCK THE STEELERS AND THEIR FANS.

Pepe Silvia
10-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Give the Squeeler Fans 20 years of shit (like us) and see how well they hold together.

Oh, and if nobody heard me before, **** THE STEELERS AND THEIR FANS.

As much as I would love to see that it ain't happening. Their ownership will never let them lose for 2 decades. JMO