PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Fisher

MrGiggity
10-13-2013, 04:52 PM
How did he look today? I watched him get burned on our first offensive play but didn't really seem to notice him the rest of the game. Granted I wasn't focused on him. For those that really focused on his play is he showing any signs of improvement?

dannybcaitlyn
10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
A liability!

ThaVirus
10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
He looked like shit. I didn't see a single redeeming play from what was, overall, a dumpster fire of a game for him.

BossChief
10-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Garbage.

J Diddy
He did his best work when the defense was on the field.

Hammock Parties
He was worse than Geno and Alex combined.

stonedstooge
I saw him blocking another dude on 1 play!

DeezNutz
10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Again, a player from CMU is going to have one hell of a learning curve, but he's been fucking awful in year one. To this point, which is ridiculously early, the Chiefs couldn't have selected a worse player.

MrGiggity
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Should we be trying to get a hold of Eric Winston?

MIAdragon
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.accessathletes.com/userfiles/image/Tony%20Mandarich%20Sports%20Illustrated.jpg

Too soon?

ThaVirus
10-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Again, a player from CMU is going to have one hell of a learning curve, but he's been ****ing awful in year one. To this point, which is ridiculously early, the Chiefs couldn't have selected a worse player.

This right here.

It's still early and with the pick we invested in him, we're going to have to see what we've got with the guy.. But he, literally, could not be any worse up to this point.

a pp roach
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM
fisher

1AqnsjEPLIA

stonedstooge
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM

Bastard doesn't deserve to come back here and play with the Chiefs

MrGiggity
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Bastard doesn't deserve to come back here and play with the Chiefs

LMAO

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM
He's awful. He gets immediately shoved back at least a good 2-3 yards every time a DE does a bull rush. It's fucking embarrassing.

Honestly, he should be benched. Andy Reid isn't doing him any favors continually throwing him out there, and he's DEFINITELY not doing Alex Smith any favors by keeping him as the starter.

What the fuck is Fisher going to learn by continuing to play and suck ass? How to be slow-footed? How to get caught in an upright position off of every snap? How to give Alex less than 2 seconds to survey the field before he has to escape the pocket or worry about being sacked?

tredadda
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Again, a player from CMU is going to have one hell of a learning curve, but he's been ****ing awful in year one. To this point, which is ridiculously early, the Chiefs couldn't have selected a worse player.

Joeckel?

T-post Tom
10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Joe Thomas et. al. have struggled their rookie year and ended up Pro Bowl caliber players. I'm not giving up yet.

dannybcaitlyn
10-13-2013, 05:03 PM
fisher

1AqnsjEPLIA

LMFAO!

Reerun_KC
10-13-2013, 05:03 PM
#1 over all pick should be an impact player not a frwaking atrocity on the field.

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Joe Thomas et. al. have struggled their rookie year and ended up Pro Bowl caliber players. I'm not giving up yet.

I haven't given up on him by no stretch, but he hasn't lived up to his draft slot.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
We moved him to a new position, while as Deez said he's coming from a small school. If we resign Albert, we'll see big improvement next year, if we slide him back over, it's only going to get worse. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be elite. We'll see if he wants it...

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Of course there's no reason to give up.

We're just saying that RIGHT NOW, if you want a good reason why our offense is struggling so bad, look no further than Eric Fisher. He is personally responsible for stalling multiple drives per game.

I don't ever remember seeing starting RT play this fucking bad in Kansas City. Fisher is making me look at the Barry Richardson years fondly.

Nightfyre
10-13-2013, 05:08 PM

We're just saying that RIGHT NOW, if you want a good reason why our offense is struggling so bad, look no further than Eric Fisher. He is personally responsible for stalling multiple drives per game.

I don't ever remember seeing starting RT play this ****ing bad in Kansas City. Fisher is making me look at the Barry Richardson years fondly.

All of this. I still prefer him to Joeckel. That said, there were many better options at #1.

ThaVirus
10-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm almost curious as to whether or not he'd be as bad on the left side.

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm almost curious as to whether or not he'd be as bad on the left side.
He might be better, but then all you're doing is downgrading the LT spot. Wrong time to do that when you're 6-0

The way he looks now, we'll be LUCKY if he can be as good as Branden Albert at LT someday.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Yeah, Joe Thomas struggled so much his rookie year, he made the Pro Bowl.

Down4Chiefs
10-13-2013, 05:13 PM
We moved him to a new position, while as Deez said he's coming from a small school. If we resign Albert, we'll see big improvement next year, if we slide him back over, it's only going to get worse. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be elite. We'll see if he wants it...

Maybe we should slide him back over to where he was succesful lol.

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM
The few times I was able to focus on him, he did pretty well. Of course, given the amount of times Alex had to run for his life, I'm guessing he struggled as well.

suzzer99
10-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm starting to think "project" is code for "has a good frame but came from a small school without a first-class steroid program". At least that's what I'm hoping.

ChiefAshhole20
10-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Dontari Poe didnt look like he was living up to his draft spot at this point last year either... If he doesnt at least start showing progress we could have a serious problem, but for now I think he deserves a few more games to develop.

Mr. Laz
10-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Fisher with a rough start

pretty much meh the rest of the game

entire Oline was meh again

terrible game by Alex Smith

Bump
10-13-2013, 05:23 PM
he looked terrible. Our next draft pick fumbled on his only touch.

Nico Johnson, Sanders Commings and Travis Kelce are our only hope left of this draft probably if they ever get healthy.

the Talking Can
10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
drafting OL is safe!

scho63
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
He looks like a weak 150 pound white boy child molester rapist in San Quentin prison

stonedstooge
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
drafting OL is safe!

Hope he's not our version of Robert Gallery

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Dontari Poe didnt look like he was living up to his draft spot at this point last year either... If he doesnt at least start showing progress we could have a serious problem, but for now I think he deserves a few more games to develop.

Dontari Poe looked no worse than Ron Edwards/Anthony Toribio at the NT position. Those guys were garbage, but at least Poe was able to excel at garbage level as a rookie.

Eric Fisher needs to be fucking benched. He is costing us entire drives every single game. More than likely that will cost us entire games down the road, and I'm nervous as fuck that he's going to cost us Alex Smith's season.

I already posted this, but I think this offense would be way more efficient and effective if we had somebody even as mediocre and shitty as Barry Richardson manning the right side. Barry fucking Richardson.

I would LOVE it if Eric Fisher could play RT as shitty as Dontari Poe played NT when he was a rookie.

Demonpenz
10-13-2013, 05:48 PM
can't wait until he plays corky in the life goes on reboot.

ChiefAshhole20
10-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Dontari Poe looked no worse than Ron Edwards/Anthony Toribio at the NT position. Those guys were garbage, but at least Poe was able to excel at garbage level as a rookie.

Eric Fisher needs to be ****ing benched. He is costing us entire drives every single game. More than likely that will cost us entire games down the road, and I'm nervous as **** that he's going to cost us Alex Smith's season.

I already posted this, but I think this offense would be way more efficient and effective if we had somebody even as mediocre and shitty as Barry Richardson manning the right side. Barry ****ing Richardson.

I would LOVE it if Eric Fisher could play RT as shitty as Dontari Poe played NT when he was a rookie.

I agree he has been god awful, I was implying more about how much improvement Poe has shown in merely one year. Fisher was drafted for his ceiling so he deserves more time to reach it, and he isnt going to get better on the bench, he gets better with reps.

It may be best for his confidence to sit him next week though, Watt is going to make Fisher his bitch.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Without Eric Fisher the Chiefs are probably 6-0

TribalElder
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Fisher has had his shit pushed in constantly

He is probably numb by now

Rain Man
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM

As extreme as that sounds, I bet you're right.

donkhater
10-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Rookie, meet J.J. Watt. Yikes.

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 06:00 PM

And with Eric Fisher the Chiefs should be afraid that he's going to get their QB killed.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
He's awful. He gets immediately shoved back at least a good 2-3 yards every time a DE does a bull rush. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Honestly, he should be benched. Andy Reid isn't doing him any favors continually throwing him out there, and he's DEFINITELY not doing Alex Smith any favors by keeping him as the starter.

What the **** is Fisher going to learn by continuing to play and suck ass? How to be slow-footed? How to get caught in an upright position off of every snap? How to give Alex less than 2 seconds to survey the field before he has to escape the pocket or worry about being sacked?

Reps. Especially game reps. Going into the film room with his position coaches and attempting to correct what went wrong during the game.

You don't get better sitting on the bench, especially on the line where you need to develop continuity with your QB and the other linemen. In addition, as an offensive tackle, you need to work in conjunction with the fullbacks, tightends, receivers and RB's.

We all knew that Fisher was going to get his ass handed to him more often than not this season, especially early. If you didn't, you were stupid.

However, his frame, athleticism, strength (not yet functional at this level), work ethic and intelligence are of a very high level meaning that he's got a pretty high ceiling to grow into.

Honestly, I'm not too overly worried about Fisher at this point. The reps, both first team practice and game time situations, are only helping and he's going to get progressively better as the year goes along and should be markedly better by next season when he's able to put in a full off-season dieting and training schedule.

It's like anybody in anything. The only way you are going to get better is to practice and get in those reps.

the Talking Can
10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Reps. Especially game reps. Going into the film room with his position coaches and attempting to correct what went wrong during the game.

You don't get better sitting on the bench, especially on the line where you need to develop continuity with your QB and the other linemen. In addition, as an offensive tackle, you need to work in conjunction with the fullbacks, tightends, receivers and RB's.

We all knew that Fisher was going to get his ass handed to him more often than not this season, especially early. If you didn't, you were stupid.

However, his frame, athleticism, strength (not yet functional at this level), work ethic and intelligence are of a very high level meaning that he's got a pretty high ceiling to grow into.

Honestly, I'm not too overly worried about Fisher at this point. The reps, both first team practice and game time situations, are only helping and he's going to get progressively better as the year goes along and should be markedly better by next season when he's able to put in a full off-season dieting and training schedule.

It's like anybody in anything. The only way you are going to get better is to practice and get in those reps.

no, absolutely no one expected him to be the worst RT in football...that's revisionist nonsense

but hey, you got one of your long rants about how awesome Alex Smith is in you?

those are fun

RINGLEADER
10-13-2013, 06:12 PM

I don't ever remember seeing starting RT play this ****ing bad in Kansas City. Fisher is making me look at the Barry Richardson years fondly.

He also did more to take McGrath out of the offensive game plan (such as it was) than the defense...he required constant help...

SAUTO
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah jj watt is liable to kill Smith next week
Posted via Mobile Device

RINGLEADER
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
no, absolutely no one expected him to be the worst RT in football...that's revisionist nonsense

but hey, you got one of your long rants about how awesome Alex Smith is in you?

those are fun

Yeah this -- IMO I thought the worst case was competency...he -- a single player -- is actually killing our offense.

RINGLEADER
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It would help if we ran/screened to the point of attack too...

RealSNR
10-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

As poorly as the Texans played today, we have the potential to lose to them solely because of Eric Fisher. We may not score a single offensive TD the entire game next week.

In my opinion, it would be irresponsible to not bench Fisher against the Texans. We're not only leaving our Achilles' heel unshielded, but we're defiantly daring people to take a shot at it.

Eleazar
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM

Fisher was always going to be a project.

Unfortunately, with the way Albert is on the deck writhing in pain 3 times every week, Fisher needs to get up to speed by the end of the year.

CupidStunt
10-13-2013, 06:21 PM
He's the worst starter on this football team. Of course, the reality is he shouldn't BE a starter. He's clearly not a RT and Stephenson has been better than him in relief. I understand the pressure of a #1 pick, but since he's not getting paid $10m/year like other top picks, I'd redshirt him the rest of the way, make him practice at LT and get a hell of a lot stronger.

DTLB58
10-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see him at LT before we call him a bust. He was the first fricking pick. :banghead:

I think after his struggles at RT there's no way the chiefs resign Albert and make Fisher play on the right side again next season.

notorious
10-13-2013, 06:45 PM
He sucks.

He can only improve.

O.city
10-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Just think, we could have had Sheldon Richardson and have given duntas money to aqib talib.

FringeNC
10-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Fisher sucks, but it is hardly just him. Other games are just different from our games. Our O-line gets dominated by 3 or 4 man pass rushes, and our D dominates opposing O-lines. I watched quite a bit of the NE-NO game after our game was over, and was stunned (after watching our game) by the amount of time Brees typically had. Pryor and Smith never once had as much time as Brees did consistently. Everyone knows Oakland's O-line is a joke, but is ours any better? Think what our D would do to our OL in a real game.

Next to Oakland, is there an OL that is as bad as ours?

O.city
10-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Fisher sucks, but it is hardly just him. Other games are just different from our games. Our O-line gets dominated by 3 or 4 man pass rushes, and our D dominates opposing O-lines. I watched quite a bit of the NE-NO game after our game was over, and was stunned (after watching our game) by the amount of time Brees typically had. Pryor and Smith never once had as much time as Brees did consistently. Everyone knows Oakland's O-line is a joke, but is ours any better? Think what our D would do to our OL in a real game.

Next to Oakland, is there an OL that is as bad as ours?

Our ol isn't near as bad as it looks. Our ol looks like it does because of our qb.

Teams are doing to us what we do to them. Man press our wrs, with a single high safety and threaten our qb and wr to beat them, will having 7 int he box

FringeNC
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Our ol isn't near as bad as it looks. Our ol looks like it does because of our qb.

Teams are doing to us what we do to them. Man press our wrs, with a single high safety and threaten our qb and wr to beat them, will having 7 int he box

How is it Smith's fault if our OL is getting blown up by 3-man pass rushes? That leaves 8 guys to clog things up.

O.city
10-13-2013, 06:58 PM
How is it Smith's fault if our OL is getting blown up by 3-man pass rushes? That leaves 8 guys to clog things up.

Teams aren't just rushing 3 guys though. A time or two, yes. Normally we are getting 5

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/catalog/images/chiefs10_jozwiak73.JPG

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/797fa7bbb9f68bc89e3e6a0db125c88f0486e6b2.jpg?x=202&y=250&sig=a54966661221e730081394f92a08bb7a

T-post Tom

Maybe my memory is better than yours. There has been a long list of suckage at right tackle over the years. Criswell, Jenkins, Welbourn, Black & the converted TE with a bad back.

saphojunkie

This post + your signature = Truest fan gif of them all.

Eleazar
10-13-2013, 07:00 PM

You don't fire coaches when you are 6-0, but the offensive line coach might need to make a trip to Andy's office to get some direction that this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Rain Man
10-13-2013, 07:02 PM
What do we think Fisher's problem is?

My initial reaction is that he's lacking game strength and getting pushed back, but then again it seems like he's also given up some speed sacks as well.

If he's struggling in both phases, my thinking is that it's not physical so much as it is mental. Perhaps he's still thinking about assignments instead of reacting, which means that he's getting beat in the initial setup and blocking stance. If that's the case, he should improve as the season progresses.

If it's physical and he's just getting beaten, that's a problem. You figure that he'll get stronger over the next year or two, but he's not going to get faster. I can see where perhaps he needs to improve strength, but I have a hard time believing that the speed sacks are a physical problem.

T-post Tom
10-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Fisher was always going to be a project.

Unfortunately, with the way Albert is on the deck writhing in pain 3 times every week, Fisher needs to get up to speed by the end of the year.

I suspect he will. They'll put some sand in his pants during this off-season & get him coached up. Just look at how much Poe has improved. He was dogged big time last year.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM

WTF?

Do you even watch the games bro?

O.city
10-13-2013, 07:09 PM
WTF?

Do you even watch the games bro?

Coming from someone who thinks this team is 6-0 because of Alex smith, I'm gonna let that slide.

Rasputin
10-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Could have sucked just as bad as Barry Richardson who I think had more potential at least he was a mauler.

Rasputin
10-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Fisher needs to bulk up.

Eleazar
10-13-2013, 07:19 PM
I suspect he will. They'll put some sand in his pants during this off-season & get him coached up. Just look at how much Poe has improved. He was dogged big time last year.

The level of competition in the NFL is going to be a huge jump for anyone, especially someone coming out of the MAC.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-13-2013, 07:20 PM
J.J Watt next week uhhhh this is gonna be ugly.

Saccopoo
10-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Coming from someone who thinks this team is 6-0 because of Alex smith, I'm gonna let that slide.

I never said it was solely because of Alex Smith that they are 6-0.

However, only an ignorant fool would think that the QB isn't a significant factor in the overall success of a team.

Rain Man
10-13-2013, 07:23 PM
J.J Watt next week uhhhh this is gonna be ugly.

Fisher was a #1 pick and Watt was a #11 pick. Fisher will therefore win.

KCChiefsFan88
10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
At least Fisher wasn't near the top of the problems on offense today. I guess you can call that progress for him.

MrGiggity
10-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Well boys how did Fisher look today? I was watching the game during a party so I couldn't really focus too much. The O-Line looked much improved IMO. I think the addition of Fasano helped immensely.

Rasputin
10-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Barry Richardson > Eric Fisher

RINGLEADER
10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
They did swing extra protection to him a few times and he whiffed on a few plays, but he didn't stick out like the pulsating, puss-leaking herpetic lesion that he was last week...

Mr. Laz
10-20-2013, 07:17 PM
lol ... he wasn't as bad as everyone is saying

he was average

MrGiggity
10-20-2013, 07:19 PM
but he didn't stick out like the pulsating, puss-leaking herpetic lesion that he was last week...

PROGRESS!

Saccopoo
10-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Barry Richardson > Eric Fisher

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/trolling%20gifs/grand/weed-black-man-smoking-trolling-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-400.gif

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Well boys how did Fisher look today? I was watching the game during a party so I couldn't really focus too much. The O-Line looked much improved IMO. I think the addition of Fasano helped immensely.

I wouldn't trust too much input on CP about how he did. Throughout the game, people were screaming at him to be benched for whiffing on 1 or 2 blocks against JJ Watt.

He still has a long way to go, but he wasn't a liability today. More importantly, in the run game, threw a couple of mean blocks today. He's starting to get it.

MrGiggity
10-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't trust too much input on CP about how he did. Throughout the game, people were screaming at him to be benched for whiffing on 1 or 2 blocks against JJ Watt.

He still has a long way to go, but he wasn't a liability today. More importantly, in the run game, threw a couple of mean blocks today. He's starting to get it.

Much appreciated honest response. I take everything said on here with a grain of salt, but there are some insightful posters here.

scho63
10-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I would say he was a much less suck today than in prior games so he is making progress being a little less worthless.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Much appreciated honest response. I take everything said on here with a grain of salt, but there are some insightful posters here.

Arrowhead Pride has done a good job breaking down Fisher this year.

For example, last week, which everyone called a complete Fisher disaster... They got this right. He had some ups and some downs. He's playing very inconsistent today. Today, he didn't dominate many plays, but he also held his own on more plays than usual.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/18/4851634/eric-fisher-breakdown-kansas-city-chiefs-week-6

Mr. Laz
10-20-2013, 07:38 PM

I would say that his run blocking is now ahead of his pass blocking.

He is starting to be a pretty decent run blocker.

I think this game might be the first time we've had the same 5 guys along the Oline in back-to-back games so far this year.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I've been as critical of Fisher's play as anyone--he deserves it so far--but you've at least got to give him credit for trucking that Texans CB on Charles's TD run. Totally pancaked him.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
He made JJ Watts nose bleed.

CoMoChief
10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
lol ... he wasn't as bad as everyone is saying

he was average

He wasn't even average, man.

To be fair he was going up against Watt most of the game. But he got his shit pushed in on multiple occasions.

CoMoChief
10-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I've been as critical of Fisher's play as anyone--he deserves it so far--but you've at least got to give him credit for trucking that Texans CB on Charles's TD run. Totally pancaked him.

Holy shit a 310lb tackle pancaked a 190lb cornerback?

Mr. Laz
10-20-2013, 07:50 PM

To be fair he was going up against Watt most of the game. But he got his shit pushed in on multiple occasions.

Alex smith sucks
Eric Fisher sucks

anyone else you want to declare as shitty on this undefeated team?

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2013, 07:55 PM

That's what happens when you scrutinize every single play looking for a fuck up.

He played like an average Right Tackle today against the best defensive player in the game. He didn't get his shit pushed in an abnormal amount and today, he actually made some really nice blocks in the run game.

Bump
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
There is still time for Eric Fisher. Maybe it's a difficult transition from left to right and to college to NFL at the same time. He will have to show improvement as the season goes on. But this draft is really turning out to be rather depressing and could hurt us long term.

RealSNR
10-20-2013, 08:03 PM
He showed improvement. He no longer sucks wastewater. He now just sucks.

Baby steps.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2013, 08:05 PM
He showed improvement. He no longer sucks wastewater. He now just sucks.

Baby steps.

He didn't suck today. He played like an average starter against an elite defense. We have to stop trying to make him live up to his pick, because he'll never do that, even if he makes the pro bowl.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
fyi ... i think that Jeff Allen might be our crappiest offensive lineman now

RealSNR
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM
He didn't suck today. He played like an average starter against an elite defense. We have to stop trying to make him live up to his pick, because he'll never do that, even if he makes the pro bowl.

No, he DID suck today. He didn't suck AS BAD as last week or in weeks prior.

And we all know he won't live up to 1.1 status. From the moment he was drafted, the expectation was that he would be that cog of consistency that just keeps the team going and going.

He's a FAR CRY from being that guy at this point. Today's performance was a step in the right direction, but it was still awful.

Like I said, baby steps.

CoMoChief
10-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Alex smith sucks
Eric Fisher sucks

no.

everyone else is playing decent...except maybe Jeff Allen and Kendrick Lewis

Cmd'r&Chief
10-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Alex smith sucks
Eric Fisher sucks

I hope you get raped by an AIDS infested gorilla

RealSNR
10-20-2013, 10:57 PM
fyi ... i think that Jeff Allen might be our crappiest offensive lineman now

Allen had a better game than Fisher today.

Actually, I thought Allen played a solid game.

Strongside
10-20-2013, 10:59 PM
He did indeed do better this week.

Whosurdaddy
10-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Allen had a better game than Fisher today.

Actually, I thought Allen played a solid game.

Fischer got beat fewer times than Allen today. So there is that. Fisher has a long way to go, but he is improving...even if it's not by a lot.

Anyong Bluth
10-20-2013, 11:13 PM
He was credited with 6 tackles on Jamal Charles, and almost intercepted Smith.

Anyong Bluth
10-20-2013, 11:14 PM

Hell, why not see if Turley is available too?

Shaid
10-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Hell, why not see if Turley is available too?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2013, 11:41 PM
No, he DID suck today. He didn't suck AS BAD as last week or in weeks prior.

And we all know he won't live up to 1.1 status. From the moment he was drafted, the expectation was that he would be that cog of consistency that just keeps the team going and going.

He's a FAR CRY from being that guy at this point. Today's performance was a step in the right direction, but it was still awful.

Like I said, baby steps.

I expected him to get his shit pushed in by Watt all day long. While he certainly had a few miscues, he won a lot of those battles.

Much like Tyson Jackson's draft status, Fisher will most likely never live up to his 1.1 billing.

But if the guy can just be average this year, I'd be stoked.

Anyong Bluth
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Fischer got beat fewer times than Allen today. So there is that. Fisher has a long way to go, but he is improving...even if it's not by a lot.

No clue if he'll put it all together, but he has the physical and mental tools and great attitude to think it's a great possibility.

It's was known a knock off his was where he played and exposure against top college talent was next to null. So, take a guy used to 2nd tier college talent opposition, and now facing the top 1% of the best that college has to offer and it's not a mystery that it's going to be a slower process maybe to see the fruits of his labor.

People who breakdown film on him still seem to have a high opinion of him and look at errors on his part as technique and less on the talent spectrum. Not to place expectations on the kid, but Poe got a lot of the same knocks in scouting reports.

I wish his improvement was going faster, but I'm reserved in my judgment until we're getting closer to the final quarter of the season and if improvement has been shown.

Whosurdaddy
10-21-2013, 12:26 AM
No clue if he'll put it all together, but he has the physical and mental tools and great attitude to think it's a great possibility.

It's was known a knock off his was where he played and exposure against top college talent was next to null. So, take a guy used to 2nd tier college talent opposition, and now facing the top 1% of the best that college has to offer and it's not a mystery that it's going to be a slower process maybe to see the fruits of his labor.

People who breakdown film on him still seem to have a high opinion of him and look at errors on his part as technique and less on the talent spectrum. Not to place expectations on the kid, but Poe got a lot of the same knocks in scouting reports.

I wish his improvement was going faster, but I'm reserved in my judgment until we're getting closer to the final quarter of the season and if improvement has been shown.

His film was pretty solid in college, he made his money at the senior bowl where he was the most dominant player at the practices. He whooped everybody that week. People were raving about him at th time.

Nightfyre
10-21-2013, 12:27 AM
there were atleast 4-5 times when I cussed out Fisher and Allen - each. Also, I did notice like one play each when they did really well. so I guess that's progress.

lcarus
10-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Imagine having a true #1 overall talent in the mix with this team instead of a RT who is underperforming. God damn it. Oh well. Fisher will get better.

PhillyChiefFan
10-21-2013, 06:13 AM
there were atleast 4-5 times when I cussed out Fisher and Allen - each. Also, I did notice like one play each when they did really well. so I guess that's progress.

When Watt blew through the line I about had an aneurism. Fisher got the brunt of my frustration yesterday.

WhiteWhale
10-21-2013, 06:14 AM
If JJ Watt did not destroy our entire offensive gameplan, then Fisher did okay this week.

rabblerouser
10-21-2013, 06:18 AM
If JJ Watt did not destroy our entire offensive gameplan, then Fisher did okay this week.

All season long, if Fisher hasn't been holding or false-starting, then he's been getting blown-up and beat.

Yesterday was no different.

MahiMike
10-21-2013, 06:21 AM
I know one thing. I saw him blocking 30 yards down field on one play. Good hustle there.

Dayze
10-21-2013, 08:10 AM
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but I'm assuming it may have been discussed; did anyone see the replay of him getting thrown to the ground immediately after the snap (didn't even get to raise out of his stance)?

awesome

Dave Lane
10-21-2013, 08:13 AM
I know one thing. I saw him blocking 30 yards down field on one play. Good hustle there.

Yeah but it was 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage

He got blown off the ball that far

hometeam
10-21-2013, 08:14 AM
He needs to get lower. It always seems if guys are getting leverage on him.

That being said, I thought he looked 'better' yesterday, but harder to see in person then on TV.

nychief
10-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Yeah but it was 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage

He got blown off the ball that far

HEY-HO! (rim shot followed by sad trombone sound).

ct
10-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Imagine having a true #1 overall talent in the mix with this team instead of a RT who is underperforming. God damn it. Oh well. Fisher will get better.

just to ask, who would that be exactly?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
He was worse than Geno and Alex combined.

LMAO

Anyong Bluth
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
He needs to get lower. It always seems if guys are getting leverage on him.

That being said, I thought he looked 'better' yesterday, but harder to see in person then on TV.

Of some of the film and stills I've seen of his blocking

- getting lower to gain leverage

- needs to get his arms extended further from his body to keep defender off his body and better steering wheel his guy

- oddly, get his head up- I don't know what he's looking at but he has head facing down like he's looking at the ground

- pre snap foot placement. Setup for pivot and angles his man can take.
If you played even high school football ball you'll know that pre snap placement can make a difference of maybe just 1 or a 1/2 step, but can be all the difference of keeping your guy at 0 shade straight up across your body.

Opposite is true for DLINE in hitting the spot to outside shoulder and quickly beating your man or him having to hold you because he's now engaged from the side or back.
Same concept applies in basketball for facing or when lined up for free throws and boxing out on a miss. Sloppy foot placement is how you got beat to the spot.

For Fisher that adjustment definitely has to do with actually seeing NFL speed and guys with multiple rush techniques. He does have the athleticism to do it vs NFL talent so it's not hopeless like asking a guy with 4.6 speed to cover a guy with sub 4.3 speed.