PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cool Perspective On The Noise From Rookie Mike Catapano

SeeingRed
10-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Saw this article and figured I would share. Must be an interesting transition going from a small college right to the loudest stadium in the NFL. Good stuff! :thumb: They broke the noise record just before he got his strip sack/fumble recovery to finish the game. Personally I would like to see more of this kid... he does damage when he is in there.

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/professional/national_football_league/kansas_city_chiefs/article_7637045d-62cc-56d6-9b97-f6e3fc39a416.html?mode=jqm

Strongside
10-14-2013, 08:35 AM
That dude is a monster. The more experience he gets, he'll develop into an asset. He is very athletically gifted for his size.

Lzen
10-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Gotta love this stuff.
Jackson showed one of the side effects of the excessive crowd noise. The starting defensive end lost his voice yelling play calls his teammates.“In third (down) situations they couldn’t communicate at all and that really benefited us,” said Jackson, who also had four tackles. “We were feeding off the crowd energy and we came out and played with our hair on fire. We gotta take our hats off the crowd.”

rico
10-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Saw this article and figured I would share. Must be an interesting transition going from a small college right to the loudest stadium in the NFL. Good stuff! :thumb: They broke the noise record just before he got his strip sack/fumble recovery to finish the game. Personally I would like to see more of this kid... he does damage when he is in there.

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/professional/national_football_league/kansas_city_chiefs/article_7637045d-62cc-56d6-9b97-f6e3fc39a416.html?mode=jqm

PRETTY BODACIOUS ARTICLE, DUDELY!!!!!!

-King-
10-14-2013, 08:51 AM
It was pretty funny hearing the TJack interview after the game. Dude sounded like a guy halfway through puberty.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
10-14-2013, 08:54 AM
I usually talk to my parents back in KC every Sunday after the game. They went to the game and I only got to them for a couple minutes because they wanted to go to bed because their ears were ringing and had headaches. I called them a couple hours later to check up on them and they said they were probably gonna go to the doctor because the ringing wouldn't stop. I'm gonna call them in a bit to check up on them. Well done, KC. Do it every home game.

Dartgod
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
My ears are ringing today like I was sitting in the front row at a Ted Nugent concert last night.

donkhater
10-14-2013, 09:25 AM
I know fans are stoked and all, but speaking as someone who has lost hearing in one ear, the excitement over this really doesn't sit well with me. Does anyone know what this type of exposure to noise does to your hearing? Is it worth it to you?

Pablo
10-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I know fans are stoked and all, but speaking as someone who has lost hearing in one ear, the excitement over this really doesn't sit well with me. Does anyone know what this type of exposure to noise does to your hearing? Is it worth it to you?LMAO

Strongside
10-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I know fans are stoked and all, but speaking as someone who has lost hearing in one ear, the excitement over this really doesn't sit well with me. Does anyone know what this type of exposure to noise does to your hearing? Is it worth it to you?

http://img.pandawhale.com/74489-jim-carrey-gif-what-the-hell-a-Ly3J.gif

hometeam
10-14-2013, 09:32 AM
My ears are ringing today like I was sitting in the front row at a Ted Nugent concert last night.

At work this morning I am regretting a bit not taking advantage of those earplugs.

I have literal pain in my ears.

wazu
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM

It wasn't that bad in the stands. They handed out ear plugs before the game which I used about half the time, but I think the field is where most of the noise is.

Strongside
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM
At work this morning I am regretting a bit not taking advantage of those earplugs.

I have literal pain in my ears.

Dump some piss in there...you'll be fine.

hometeam
10-14-2013, 09:38 AM

http://misfitpolitics.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ban.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
10-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Dump some piss in there...you'll be fine.

:shake:

That only works if a jellyfish stings him in the ear.

oh_snap
10-14-2013, 10:10 AM
The Chiefs came into the game with 21 sacks, and had 10 sacks against the Raiders...yet, according to that article, they have 28 sacks. Now I'm no math genius, but how do you get 28 out of that???

Eleazar
10-14-2013, 10:14 AM
On several plays you could see that the whistle had blown and nobody knew, like there was a false start but Pryor got hit for no reason anyway

saphojunkie
10-14-2013, 10:15 AM
If this really happened toward the end of the game with some empty seats, I wonder if that actually helped the cause. I could see that hard, concave seatback actually helping to bounce and amplify sound better than Belly Boy's gut.

wazu
10-14-2013, 10:59 AM
On several plays you could see that the whistle had blown and nobody knew, like there was a false start but Pryor got hit for no reason anyway

There really was a lot of confusion on both sides throughout the game. As a fan in the stands, it seemed like over and over a play would "end", and then we realized that the play never happened, but nobody ever heard a whistle to stop it. Don't remember that happening to such a high degree at any previous game I've been at.

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM

:thumb:

BlackHelicopters
10-14-2013, 11:11 AM

By coincidence, the Motor City Madman was at the game.

Coach
10-14-2013, 12:15 PM
There really was a lot of confusion on both sides throughout the game. As a fan in the stands, it seemed like over and over a play would "end", and then we realized that the play never happened, but nobody ever heard a whistle to stop it. Don't remember that happening to such a high degree at any previous game I've been at.

I remember the one where Steve Young nearly got destroyed because the noise was loud and he stopped for a moment, but not everyone heard the whistle.