PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In yardage, Texans have the league's #1 defense and #7 offense..

Direckshun
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Yipes.

Let's use this thread to familiarize ourselves with the troubled, but talented, Texans team.

First thing that comes to mind: this Texans team is only giving up 252 yards/game. That includes 120 yards on the ground, however, and 130 yards in the air. How the FUCK does a team only giving up 252 yards/game play this terrible?

The problem: they are -12 in turnovers.

On offense, of course, they've given up a bunch of pick sixes. Schaub has been so bad, but Yates played fucking terrible last week as well.

If the Texans played Smith-ball, and limited their mistakes, good Christ this is a tough team. They are already a ball-control offense, keeping the ball just shy of 35 minutes/game.

The Texans have the 2nd best receiver in the NFL of the past five years, Andre Johnson, and a tall, hotshot rookie in DeAndre Hopkins who's an outstanding route runner.

But, of course, that's only where the pain begins with this offense.

Arian Foster and Ben Tate are an absolutely brutal combination running the ball. If this Chiefs defense has ONE AREA where it is not wrecking the league, it is in the run game. The Texans are putting up 140 yards/game on the ground. Again, brutal. Although, mercifully, neither Schaub or Yates run.

The good news, as always: we should have fun with their OL. Derek Newton, their RT, is playing so terrible it defies belief they leave him out there. They're playing a backup at RG. They have a pretty good LT in Duane Brown, and Chris Myers was somebody the Chiefs were interested in a year or two ago. But this squad is in the bottom 10 in sacks.

The Texans' defense is... well. They will be the toughest one we've faced this year. We're facing the most ferocious defensive line we've faced all year, with JJ Watt chewing up guards and Whitney Mercilus and Brooks Reed coming off the edges. Antonio Smith is their other DE, and he's pretty decent in passrush, but not the threat the other guys are. They have their own Derrick Johnson, too, in Brian Cushing.

Kareem Jackson and John Joseph are a pretty lethal combination of corners. Ed Reed is more leadership at this point than he is talent, and really just highlights the fact that safety is the worst area on this Texans defense.

Despite all this talent, they've only been able to put up 14 sacks and 2 interceptions. But keep in mind: a week or two before this defense got embarrassed by the Rams, they were shutting down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.

The Texans fans have deemed this week's loss to the Rams to be "rock bottom." They are demoralized, which of course means we either have them where we want them, or they're about to bounce back. Who the hell knows.

What do you know about this Texans team? What concerns you? Where should we dominate?

Mile High Mania
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Stats are fun.

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Trap game!!

Prison Bitch
10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
The only thing they're doing well right now is running between the tackles, and they will have trouble with that on Sunday.

Lprechaun
10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Peter King said this morning that in training camp Houston had the most talented team in the NFL.... also said though that even if Schaub was spot on they still wouldnt be winning

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Poe, Houston, DJ and Hali will give TJ Hooker..... I mean Yates a nice welcome to Arrowhead!

BlackHelicopters
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Tarp

Rain Man
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
It may be an interesting test if they try to beat us on the ground. We haven't really faced a run-first team this year other than Jacksonville and maybe the Titans, right?

hometeam
10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
I keep hearing teams can run the ball on KC.

It is just not true. The only time people can run on us is with QB's, and that shit doesn't win games.

Take out QB scrambles and look at Chiefs D. That is where you find your true testament of how this run D is. I understand the scrambles happened, but when you are looking at how they will fair against another team RB tandem you are missing that important point.

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 03:17 PM

It is just not true. The only time people can run on us is with QB's, and that shit doesn't win games.

Take out QB scrambles and look at Chiefs D. That is where you find your true testament of how this run D is. I understand the scrambles happened, but when you are looking at how they will fair against another team RB tandem you are missing that important point.

Yep lots of 2 yard passes that seem to find an open field- plus we played Vick, Mccyoy and now Pryor-which skewed the stats a bit.

Poe, Devito and T jack have been a wall up the middle.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Peter King said this morning that in training camp Houston had the most talented team in the NFL.... also said though that even if Schaub was spot on they still wouldnt be winning

He also said that's about us last year. They don't have a QB

Saul Good
10-14-2013, 03:24 PM
It may be an interesting test if they try to beat us on the ground. We haven't really faced a run-first team this year other than Jacksonville and maybe the Titans, right?

Philadelphia and Oakland

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Texans #1 defense?? Maybe on paper-lol

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Poe, Houston, DJ and Hali will give TJ Hooker..... I mean Yates a nice welcome to Arrowhead!

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 44m
I've noted in past how high Texans are on QB Case Keenum, intrigued by his potential. Would not be shocked if they go to him if Schaub's out

Ace Gunner
10-14-2013, 03:28 PM
D- ydg rankings are misleading -- andre ****ing johnson has like 50 catches already, for 500 yds -- but NO TD's.

Points are the indicator and the Texans are not good right now. But they are talented, could steamroll the Chiefs this week.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I think we could lose this if Schaub isn't a dumpster fire.

That D is better than it's PPG ranking.

MagicHef
10-14-2013, 03:33 PM

Ok, if you take out every run by a QB, the Chiefs are giving up 4.1 YPC. That would be 20th, and that's without taking out QB runs against other teams.

Rain Man
10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Philadelphia and Oakland

Philadelphia ran wild on us, but I thought their offensive system was more of a passing system.

It was hard to tell with Oakland. It seemed to me like they were passing, but I guess they could have run more, and just never had any notable plays.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Ok, if you take out every run by a QB, the Chiefs are giving up 4.1 YPC. That would be 20th, and that's without taking out QB runs against other teams.

The only team that has really run on us is the Eagles.

Every other game, the opposition's running game has been pretty much ineffective.

Ace Gunner
10-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I think we could lose this if Schaub isn't a dumpster fire.

That D is better than it's PPG ranking.

ya, because as mentioned earlier, there's a lot of turnover points against them and it is making the defense appear poor when they really are not. but, the whole team seems streaky right now from what I've seen.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2013, 03:36 PM
@RapSheet: RT @HoustonTexans: "Matt is getting injections as we speak. Leg, ankle, everywhere. But we probably got a little bit lucky there." Kubiak

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
@HoustonTexans: Schaub starting at KC will be an end of the week decision. "I'll prepare both Case and T.J." Kubiak #Texans

Mr. Laz
10-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Trap game!!

:LOL:

it's becoming a weekly thing

Ever week Directshun will cry "TRAP!!!" until we finally lose a game and then he can feel good about himself.

Easy 6
10-14-2013, 03:41 PM
I hope its Schaub, i think he's lost the faith of his teammates as well as faith in himself, it was already happening towards the end of last year.

That team has zero confidence right now imo, we should be able to take them as long as the offense gets out of bed.

listopencil
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
The 2008 Denver Broncos had the #2 Offense by yardage. They fired their Head Coach. Of course their Defense sucked and that didn't help them win any games, but their Offense was really only middle-of-the-road.

Direckshun
Ever week Directshun will cry "TRAP!!!" until we finally lose a game and then he can feel good about himself.

I'm pretty sure I've only declared one game a trap game all season.

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.

Seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brock
They just got annihilraped by sam bradford

Direckshun
10-14-2013, 03:43 PM
@HoustonTexans: Schaub starting at KC will be an end of the week decision. "I'll prepare both Case and T.J." Kubiak #Texans

Eesh. The Texans could potentially roll with one of three different QBs.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
gotta be a trap game then right?

mcaj22
10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
yea but TJ Yates and Case Whaever should be an easy match up. It's not like their backup is Nick Foles or Brian Hoyer.

ChiefAshhole20
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Daniel Manning, their best safety is out for a few weeks as well. If Schaub doesnt play, I dont see them scoring more than 10. Our defense will turn the ball over and I think Succop is going to have a big game along with 1 offensive TD, maybe 2 if our defense can get us close enough off of turnovers.

Their Defense is still in the top 10 so I wouldnt be surprised if Alex doesnt eclipse 150 yards and we win this game 16-10.

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Is anyone else pumped for this game- wow after yesterday- I just can't wait!!

Direckshun
10-14-2013, 03:53 PM
This game's going to have a baseball score.

9-3 wouldn't surprise me.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Texans SS Danieal Manning will miss 6-8 weeks with a hairline fracture of his right fibula.
The initial diagnosis was a knee hyperextension, but Monday's MRI revealed more significant damage. It's a huge blow to an underachieving Texans defense that was already getting pummeled by opponents despite its "No. 1 overall" yardage ranking entering Week 6. Manning, a coverage maven, figures to be replaced by rookie D.J. Swearinger. The Texans are reeling at 2-4 entering a Week 7 road date at Arrowhead. The bottom is falling out.
Source: Jerome Solomon on Twitter Oct 14 - 1:07 PM

FlaChief58
10-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Texans SS Danieal Manning will miss 6-8 weeks with a hairline fracture of his right fibula.
The initial diagnosis was a knee hyperextension, but Monday's MRI revealed more significant damage. It's a huge blow to an underachieving Texans defense that was already getting pummeled by opponents despite its "No. 1 overall" yardage ranking entering Week 6. Manning, a coverage maven, figures to be replaced by rookie D.J. Swearinger. The Texans are reeling at 2-4 entering a Week 7 road date at Arrowhead. The bottom is falling out.
Source: Jerome Solomon on Twitter Oct 14 - 1:07 PM

I'd be shocked if we lose to them

gold_and_red
10-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Houston is probably better off playing on the road after what happened yesterday. They will come out determined to save the season. Given our offense, the game should exactly resemble the Raider game for 3 quarters except that it will also be close until the final whistle. Chiefs by a last second field goal....
However if Alex cannot move the chains and Andre/Foster go off for a streaky big play or two, I can see us losing by 7.

Rain Man
10-14-2013, 04:17 PM
gotta be a trap game then right?

At 6-0, they're all trap games.

BryanBusby
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Eesh. The Texans could potentially roll with one of three different QBs.
Only if Kubiak is Herm Edwards stupid.

He should be fired if Schuab plays or if he starts Case in his first start ever on the road in a hostile environment.

The Chiefs will be seeing TJ Yates.

chiefqueen
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
:LOL:

it's becoming a weekly thing

...or until we play Denver. (Will the bye be a trap too?)

Direckshun
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

The bye is the most epic trap of them all.

mr. tegu
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
In wins and losses, the Texans have 4 wins and 9 losses in their last 13 games.

WhiteWhale
10-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah.. you tend to give up less yards when you throw TD passes to the other team in every freaking game... because the opposing offense ends up with fewer possessions.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2013, 04:33 PM
HOU has lost to Ravens, Sea, 49ers and Rams. Three of those are decent losses to teams that have solid weapons. It's no gimme win for KC.

GoShox
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Didn't we lose to the bye last year? I think our players take it more seriously this year and will be out for revenge.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
HOU has lost to Ravens, Sea, 49ers and Rams. Three of those are decent losses to teams that have solid weapons. It's no gimme win for KC.

If Houston starts Case Keenum i wont be worried.

mr. tegu
10-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Decent losses they were. Losing by a combined score of 121 to 45 in those four games. Yep, they played pretty decent to lose by an average of 19 points. I can't wait to see what it looks like when they play bad this weekend.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Decent losses they were. Losing by a combined score of 121 to 45 in those four games. Yep, they played pretty decent to lose by an average of 19 points. I can't wait to see what it looks like when they play bad this weekend.

I was referring more to the quality of teams faced... Not just the score. Not like they've lost to the Jags, Bucs and raiders.

keg in kc
10-14-2013, 04:57 PM
I was comfortable that we'd win yesterday. Thought it would be close but didn't think there was any real chance we lose. Something scares me about the Texans. the way we win games...that's not how they lose. They want to play a game where they can run the ball, keep it close and maybe eek out the win, and that's most likely exactly what we'll give them. If there was ever a week where I hope the Chiefs offense clicks and piles the points on early it's this one. They're down, things are falling apart, just put the boots to them. Don't let them hang around, don't give them any hope that they can win or turn things around.

BWillie
10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I know Direckshun has been giving warnings for the last 5 games, but I really think this IS a game the Chiefs can overlook. The Texans are better than their record. Think about this, they have thrown a pick 6 in the last 5 games. It's really difficult to win doing that. REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult. They have a good defense, and if they keep us at bay. It'll be close, especially if they don't make mistakes. Chances are they throw some INTs again, but if we aren't +2 or more in the takeaway department I really think it will be a close game.

AndChiefs
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I know Direckshun has been giving warnings for the last 5 games, but I really think this IS a game the Chiefs can overlook. The Texans are better than their record. Think about this, they have thrown a pick 6 in the last 5 games. It's really difficult to win doing that. REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult. They have a good defense, and if they keep us at bay. It'll be close, especially if they don't make mistakes. Chances are they throw some INTs again, but if we aren't +2 or more in the takeaway department I really think it will be a close game.

I'm worried about this one as well. Texans have been killing themselves with turnovers. Stop that this game and it will be a close one.

Rams Fan
10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Schaub wasn't the reason they lost yesterday.

Funny thing is, after Schaub was cheered when he went down, Yates came in and a few plays later, threw a pick 6.

I don't see how the fuck they'll beat the Chiefs unless Watt and Foster/Tate single carry the team to victory.

Rams Fan
10-14-2013, 05:45 PM
This game's going to have a baseball score.

9-3 wouldn't surprise me.

They just gave up 24 points to a mediocre Rams O. They also played undisciplined football.

They aren't going to only give up 9 on the road.

RealSNR
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Funny thing is, after Schaub was cheered when he went down, Yates came in and a few plays later, threw a pick 6.

I don't see how the fuck they'll beat the Chiefs unless Watt and Foster/Tate single carry the team to victory.

Have you seen Eric Fisher play yet?

JJ Watt is going to ass rape him. Alex Smith might be drinking his meals through a straw after that game.

Rams Fan
10-14-2013, 05:48 PM

JJ Watt is going to ass rape him. Alex Smith might be drinking his meals through a straw after that game.

The Rams were able to hold Houston's D to 0 sacks with their fucking backup RT starting. Watt wasn't really much of a factor.

I know Fisher's been playing like shit, but the Texans aren't playing good. At all.

Saccopoo
10-14-2013, 05:49 PM

This is a concern.

Halfcan
10-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm worried about this one as well. Texans have been killing themselves with turnovers. Stop that this game and it will be a close one.

Is there any reason to think they won't have a turnover? How exactly are they going to manage that against the Best secondary in the NFL and the Best linebackers putting endless pressure all day. plus they won't be able to hear their calls from crowd noise. It will be a long day for whichever scrub QB they trot out on sunday.

saphojunkie
10-14-2013, 05:52 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3030907/Tarp.gif

Rain Man
10-14-2013, 05:54 PM

I don't see how the **** they'll beat the Chiefs unless Watt and Foster/Tate single carry the team to victory.

It was a much longer Pick 6 than any of Schaub's. I think it was their longest play of the year so far.

T-post Tom
10-14-2013, 06:48 PM
JJ Watt didn't do crap the last game. Makes you wonder if the team has cashed in their chips. Get an early lead & they'll fold!?

mr. tegu
10-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Something scares me about the Texans. the way we win games...that's not how they lose.

WUT.

-12 TO differential says hello.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Ponder this :

Texans have thrown a pick six in 5 consecutive games coming to Arrowhead stadium to play against the #1 scoring Defense IN THE NFL

Crush
10-14-2013, 07:14 PM
http://www.freegifhub.com/i/ibwP91dBhVs3S5.gif

Old Dog
10-15-2013, 08:31 AM
The line on this one has me confused. The O/U is 40. I was thinking somewhere around 33 was a "safe" bet.

Amnorix
10-15-2013, 08:32 AM
The offense/defense ranking system in the NFL is by yards, which is absolutely stupid. The OP shows why.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't take any game for granted. This is a much better team than their recent play and record.

Amnorix
10-15-2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.freegifhub.com/i/ibwP91dBhVs3S5.gif

ROFL

Rob Ryan was linebackers coach under Belichick for a few years back in the early 2000s, and of course his brother is the HC of the Jets, so he had even more reason than usual to want to beat the Pats.

Rausch
10-15-2013, 08:36 AM
ROFL

Rob Ryan was linebackers coach under Belichick for a few years back in the early 2000s, and of course his brother is the HC of the Jets, so he had even more reason than usual to want to beat the Pats.

Well, yeah.

He's the twin with the $#it genes...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6b/Twins_Poster.jpg/220px-Twins_Poster.jpg

mike_b_284
10-15-2013, 08:37 AM
The offense/defense ranking system in the NFL is by yards, which is absolutely stupid. The OP shows why.

absolutely

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Watt is going to destroy Fisher, and the Chiefs will struggle for points, but the Texan's offense is a complete mess. O-line is every bit as bad as the Chiefs and the QB play is obviously worse. FIELD POSITION AND HOME FIELD!

Rausch
10-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Watt is going to destroy Fisher, and the Chiefs will struggle for points, but the Texan's offense is a complete mess. O-line is every bit as bad as the Chiefs and the QB play is obviously worse. FIELD POSITION AND HOME FIELD!

I think our HC will plan for that.

Call me a homer but I suspect he's managed to plan around the 2 best players on their D...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I think our HC will plan for that.

Call me a homer but I suspect he's managed to plan around the 2 best players on their D...

If Watt is on, it won't matter. Though I'm sure the TEs are looking at under 5 targets again. Mercilus and Smith are also decent pass rushers who need to be accounted for.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Holy fuck I forgot about JJ Watt.

Eric Fisher is going to retire.

MotherfuckerJones
10-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Hopefully fasano comes back. We need him. Eric Fisher, it's time for you to grab your scrotum and fucking block someone. I know Alex has missed throws and isn't great but the oline sucks and it has him rattled.

Nightfyre
10-15-2013, 09:37 AM
maybe it's just blatant homerism, but if we can get a decent lead, I fully expect our defense to cause like 4 turnovers and generate 6+ sacks. That said, their defense is fully capable of getting after Smith and it wouldn't take but a couple really bad plays by Smith to give them the game. This offense affords us no luxuries. A couple fluke touchdowns from turnovers or busted special teams plays and we could be out of any given game.

a pp roach
10-15-2013, 09:44 AM
http://elitemrp.net/cgi-bin/iat/iat.pl?l1=IT'S%20A%20TARP!&font=jedi&back=buddychrist&ackbar=head2&ft=.jpg

alanm
10-15-2013, 10:01 AM

JJ Watt is going to ass rape him. Alex Smith might be drinking his meals through a straw after that game.Not only that but Asamoah will have to help out or McGrath will have to stay in. Which mean their going to be vulnerable to whatever blitz they shoot thru that area. Charles will have to stay home and pick that up.

MagicHef
10-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Texans should just run. Can't throw a pick-6 if you don't throw.

Nightfyre
10-15-2013, 10:19 AM
It's really not a bad idea, MH. Don't let the defense win it for us, put it in the offense's hands.

ptlyon
10-15-2013, 10:22 AM
It's really not a bad idea, MH. Don't let the defense win it for us, put it in the offense's hands.

Ahhhh, the 90's...

mr. tegu
10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
I am not sure why some are worried about this game. They are 4-9 in their last 13 games dating back to last season and they have been obliterated in their last four games. They will be without a starting safety and the only reason they don't have a QB controversy is because none of them are good enough to cause one. And as for the defensive line and getting to the passer, they only have 14 sacks.

Dunerdr
10-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Smith will be 14-30 with 10 of those being checkdowns.

Dunerdr
10-15-2013, 10:56 AM
In all seriousness i think andys gonna game plan the pressure with bootlegs and short stuff behind the blitz. Andy and chilly arent brand new theyve seen this shit. They just saw it with a qb who had confidence in himself.

Lzen
10-15-2013, 10:58 AM
The line on this one has me confused. The O/U is 40. I was thinking somewhere around 33 was a "safe" bet.

25-15 Chiefs. :thumb:

Rausch
10-15-2013, 10:59 AM
In all seriousness i think andys gonna game plan the pressure with bootlegs and short stuff behind the blitz. Andy and chilly arent brand new theyve seen this shit. They just saw it with a qb who had confidence in himself.

In all seriousness I think this will be the first big blowout from first to final whistle.

There's a very small light in the heart of all Texans fans hoping their boy manages to hold on. They place all those hopes on his game vs. this D.

I want his mother and cross-eyed kids to cry...

Lzen
10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
In all seriousness I think this will be the first big blowout from first to final whistle.

There's a very small light in the heart of all Texans fans hoping their boy manages to hold on. They place all those hopes on his game vs. this D.

I like your attitude. :thumb:

Old Dog
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
25-15 Chiefs. :thumb:

Make it 25-14 and I'll take it......put nearly all of my gambling money on the under. I limit myself to $1000 at the beginning of the year (my "year" starts at the Super Bowl, not that it really matters) and that lasts either until it's gone or until the Super Bowl the next year.
If I win this one, it's worth just over $2400 (March Madness was very good to me and the early part of football season has been OK with a mediocre baseball season)....if I lose, I only have $250 left to work with.

Halfcan
10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
I can't wait for this game- my sunburn should be gone, my voice is back and I am ready to yell my ass off again!!

Halfcan
10-15-2013, 12:52 PM

ROFL Awesome!!

whoman69
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
You're not going to give up much yardage when you throw a pick 6.

houstonwhodat
10-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Houston's going to get their ass kicked.

bowener
10-15-2013, 02:43 PM

If you subtract the 16 attempts and 209 rushing yards gained by QBs (Pryor, Fitz, and Vick), then the Chiefs have given up 491 yards rushing on 120 attempts. That is good for 81.83 yards per game, and 4.1 per carry. That would jump them from 23rd to 4th in total yards allowed.

All of that is a moot point since they did give up the rushing yards, but it does show how skewed the stats are by 3 QBs. The best stat is 65 points allowed.

Rain Man
10-15-2013, 02:46 PM
You're not going to give up much yardage when you throw a pick 6.

Yeah, that's my concern. Turnovers are a game to game phenomenon, and turnover touchdowns even more so. If they show up and happen to have a good game in that regard, you can throw the defensive stats out the window.

MagicHef
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
If you subtract the 16 attempts and 209 rushing yards gained by QBs (Pryor, Fitz, and Vick), then the Chiefs have given up 491 yards rushing on 120 attempts. That is good for 81.83 yards per game, and 4.1 per carry. That would jump them from 23rd to 4th in total yards allowed.

All of that is a moot point since they did give up the rushing yards, but it does show how skewed the stats are by 3 QBs. The best stat is 65 points allowed.

Did you subtract the QB rushing yardage from every team to get that 4th place ranking?

FlaChief58
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that's my concern. Turnovers are a game to game phenomenon, and turnover touchdowns even more so. If they show up and happen to have a good game in that regard, you can throw the defensive stats out the window.

That's the beauty of the 2013 Chiefs. They score so much on D and ST that it's almost a given

Mr. Laz
10-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Houston specializes in turning the ball over

Chiefs specializes in taking the ball away

booyah!!

bring the heat, bitches!!!

SeeingRed
10-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Trap game!!

Yes it CERTAINLY can be a trap game...this is a VERY talented team. We gotta score on them and get up early and break their will. If we can do that then we can coast to victory #7....BUT if we cant do that we could be in for a bit of a shocker. If we let them run on us and we cant score any points this game could be a hell of a battle. Its gotta get won in the trenches and we gotta get up early. We get up early and unleash the dogs on their inexperienced or injured QB we'll be alright. I dont think this Chiefs team will get caught in any traps...they seem like a very focused unit

houstonwhodat
10-15-2013, 03:20 PM
The only Texans that will put forth any effort at this point are JJ Watt, Brian Cushing and Arian Foster.

Everyone else has already thrown in the towel.

Nightfyre
10-15-2013, 03:23 PM
The key to this game is going to be Andy Reid ensuring that everyone brings their a-game. There is no room for complacency against any opponent in the NFL.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2013, 03:24 PM
The key to this game is going to be Andy Reid ensuring that everyone brings their a-game. There is no room for complacency against any opponent in the NFL.pretty much every game is like that

Halfcan
10-15-2013, 03:25 PM
The only Texans that will put forth any effort at this point are JJ Watt, Brian Cushing and Arian Foster.

This! I think everyone on our team will be putting up 100%-they will be energized by the crowd noise!!

Rain Man
10-15-2013, 03:26 PM

And Cushing's effort will just be misdirected 'roid rage.

What's going on with that team anyway? They should be really good. I look at their D and it's scary.

bowener
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Did you subtract the QB rushing yardage from every team to get that 4th place ranking?

No, and I am not. Frankly, I do not care about our stats. I have watched the games and can see how difficult it is for teams to run on the Chiefs. I was simply showing how many yards QBs have run against us since several people have brought it up, but never showed numbers.

Rams Fan
10-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Holy **** I forgot about JJ Watt.

Eric Fisher is going to retire.

JJ Watt against the Rams backup RT: 0 tackles, 0 sacks.

MagicHef
10-15-2013, 06:17 PM
No, and I am not. Frankly, I do not care about our stats. I have watched the games and can see how difficult it is for teams to run on the Chiefs. I was simply showing how many yards QBs have run against us since several people have brought it up, but never showed numbers.

I'll figure it out for you later, since you're so lazy.

Here's what I'm wondering, though:
KC is giving up 5.1 yards per run play.
KC is giving up 4.4 yards per pass play.

Why are teams passing against KC 65% of the time?

FlaChief58
10-15-2013, 06:18 PM

Because they like to lose :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM

Watch the damn games. Outside of Philly running it they can do neither

MotherfuckerJones
10-15-2013, 07:14 PM

You're severely overrating that stat here's why.

JAX 3.1 ypc
DAL 2.3 ypc
PHI 9.8 ypc. This skews the rest bad. We had one day to practice and prep for their scheme. Had to travel TO philly. Mike Vick had 99 yds himself. Yes McCoy had a great game but it's McCoy he does it to everyone and were trying to defend him and Vick so he gets his. This skews the ypc bad.
NYG 4.6 ypc they had a coupled decent runs but didn't really run on us.
TEN 4.8. But Fitzpatrick had 50 yds himself. Battle had 1 37 yard run the other 5 carries 5 for 1 yard. CJ had 10 carries for 17 yards.
OAK 4.6 ypc but Pryor had 60 himself so his ypc was high. The rest of the team: McFadden 3.3, Jennings 3.0.

Once again stat overrated and skewed due to 3 scrambling QBs and one elite RB having a great game in which we had 1 day to practice on a short week AT Philly.

Basileus777
10-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Those are the most misleading stats you can find. The Texans are a few plays away from being the Giants of the AFC. They are a bad team. Of course bad teams can win in this league, but let's not pretend they are a powerhouse. This is probably the easiest game left on our schedule.

KC Jones
10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
We could absolutely lose to this team and several others with decent defenses. Our defense is great, but even great defenses give up a play or two. Our offense will struggle against even average defenses. It's not that big of a stretch for some team like the Texans to play good defense and win a tight game.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Tamba Hali and Justin Houston have combined for 17 sacks this season. 24 NFL teams have 17 or less total sacks this year. #Chiefs have 31.

MagicHef
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
You're severely overrating that stat here's why.

JAX 3.1 ypc
DAL 2.3 ypc
PHI 9.8 ypc. This skews the rest bad. We had one day to practice and prep for their scheme. Had to travel TO philly. Mike Vick had 99 yds himself. Yes McCoy had a great game but it's McCoy he does it to everyone and were trying to defend him and Vick so he gets his. This skews the ypc bad.
NYG 4.6 ypc they had a coupled decent runs but didn't really run on us.
TEN 4.8. But Fitzpatrick had 50 yds himself. Battle had 1 37 yard run the other 5 carries 5 for 1 yard. CJ had 10 carries for 17 yards.
OAK 4.6 ypc but Pryor had 60 himself so his ypc was high. The rest of the team: McFadden 3.3, Jennings 3.0.

Once again stat overrated and skewed due to 3 scrambling QBs and one elite RB having a great game in which we had 1 day to practice on a short week AT Philly.

Are you under the impression that any of this is untrue for the other teams in the league? Every team has one guy who plays better against them than anyone else, but it goes into the average. Stop trying to discount anything that doesn't fit into what you already believe about the Chiefs.

Anyway, 3 of the teams you played averaged more on the ground than in the air (Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Oakland). Yet all 3 threw the ball way more than they ran it. Why?

MotherfuckerJones
10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you under the impression that any of this is untrue for the other teams in the league? Every team has one guy who plays better against them than anyone else, but it goes into the average. Stop trying to discount anything that doesn't fit into what you already believe about the Chiefs.

Anyway, 3 of the teams you played averaged more on the ground than in the air (Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Oakland). Yet all 3 threw the ball way more than they ran it. Why?

Because they're not running on us like you think. There were plenty of times they ran on first down and got a yard or lost 2 yards. Setting up 2nd and longs. It's a passing league. You of all teams should know that

MotherfuckerJones
10-15-2013, 08:57 PM

I'm not discounting anything. It's the truth

Stalker
10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Yardage stats are bullshit

9er guy
10-15-2013, 09:18 PM
ROFL

KChiefs1
10-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 44m
I've noted in past how high Texans are on QB Case Keenum, intrigued by his potential. Would not be shocked if they go to him if Schaub's out

A rookie QB starting his 1st game in Arrowhead?
That will turn out well.

KChiefs1
10-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Have you watched any Chiefs games this season?

MagicHef
10-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Because they're not running on us like you think. There were plenty of times they ran on first down and got a yard or lost 2 yards. Setting up 2nd and longs. It's a passing league. You of all teams should know that

So far against KC:

19 out of 57 (33%) first down run plays went for 1 yard or less.
48 out of 87 (55%) first down pass plays went for 1 yard or less.

Let me put it this way: you're Chip Kelly.

Your run game is producing 9.8 yards per play, has resulted in no turnovers and 1 play for no gain or negative yardage.

Your passing game is producing 4.6 yards per play, has resulted in 3 turnovers and 23 plays for no gain or negative yardage.

Do you call more runs or more passes?

B_Ambuehl
10-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Historically, this is the type of football game the Texans usually win. Tough road game following a tough home loss, fans are throwing in the towel saying the season is done: Texans respond. It's why Kubiak still has a job after all these yrs.

Wade Phillips defense dominates scrubs like Alex Suck, they play a ton of man and blitz a ton and struggle against elite QBs, but Alex is afraid to throw the ball into tight spots, something you must excel at against a Phillips D. He also breaks down under pressure.

Finesse running game vs a Wade Phillips front 7.....running game ain't gonna look pretty for the Chiefs. The only running play the Chiefs really excel at is something the Texans see every day in practice.

The only hope is the Texans QBs turn the football over, they will almost assuredly win the game in the yardage department, which if you exclude turnovers, is typically the most accurate predictor of success.

I'm not so sure the Texans don't coach a better football game with Yates in the game. They did during 2012 - it forced kubiak to call a better game offensively. He's typically prone to abandon the run and throw on early downs too soon. when yates was starting in 2012 the offensive play calling was much better.

AussieChiefsFan
10-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Trap game!!Weeks 1 through 6 say hi.

T-post Tom
10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Pick a qb...any qb. It doesn't matter. The defense will feast on any one of these three and pad the D's already glitzy stats. All we need for a win is an average performance from the o-line, Smith and the coaching staff. (12th man is a lock. :))

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/2013/08/20130856-306x351.jpg

Sorter
10-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Pick a qb...any qb. It doesn't matter. The defense will feast on any one of these three and pad the D's already glitzy stats. All we need for a win is an average performance from the o-line, Smith and the coaching staff. (12th man is a lock. :))

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/2013/08/20130856-306x351.jpg

This.

AussieChiefsFan
10-16-2013, 03:47 AM

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/2013/08/20130856-306x351.jpgPretty much this. They're QB situation is horrid. I'm hoping our D can have a field day against this turnover prone Offense.

Basileus777
10-16-2013, 05:12 AM
The only hope is the Texans QBs turn the football over, they will almost assuredly win the game in the yardage department, which if you exclude turnovers, is typically the most accurate predictor of success.

Man these Texans sound tough, no wonder they are one of the worst teams in the league and have been putrid for 10 of the last 12 quarters of football they have played.

Brock
10-16-2013, 08:36 AM

The only hope is that the texans turn the ball over? Well, I guess it's a good thing they do that more than anyone else and the chiefs take the ball away more than anyone else.

whoman69
10-16-2013, 08:40 AM

I think what he's trying to say is that the Chiefs have shut down traditional run games. If a team does not have a mobile QB, their run game is shut down. Houston does not have that mobile QB. They're going to have to do it the old fashioned way, they must earn it.

MotherfuckerJones
10-16-2013, 08:46 AM
This week is the big test for the run D.

houstonwhodat
10-17-2013, 11:56 AM
And Cushing's effort will just be misdirected 'roid rage.

What's going on with that team anyway? They should be really good. I look at their D and it's scary.

Coaching dude, it's fucking horrible.

Kubiak should have been fired a couple years ago. Wade Phillips got the D playing good and saved his job.

Now the real truth has shown. The offense even when it works is boring, predictable and unimaginative.

As long as Barney Fife is your coach and Sling Blade/Gomer Pyle is your QB you're not going anywhere.

JJ Watt better not sign a contract extension when it comes up or he'll waste his entire career here just like Andre Johnson did.

Owen Daniel - IR
Daniel Manning - IR

Schaub isn't even practicing this week.

All the pick sixes happen on that stupid route to the tight end. Sit back and wait, they throw it every game. Pick six guaranteed.

Rausch
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
This week is the big test for the run D.

:thumb:

Dayze
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I hope the Chiefs come out better than the did on offense last week. This "we're gettin' warmed up" shit is going to bite them in the ass.

ModSocks
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Texans have a good D and our Offense isn't anything to write home about. This is gonna be another close nail biter.

siberian khatru
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I have a gut feeling we're going to lose this game.

Lots of national attention now, lots of hype about defense being historically good.

I fear the Texas are going to run the ball effectively, minimizing sacks and turnovers. If our offense doesn't step it up, I think we could be in trouble.

houstonwhodat
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Texans have a good D and our Offense isn't anything to write home about. This is gonna be another close nail biter.

If the Texans have any shot it will be because of defense.

Their offense if putrid.

houstonwhodat
10-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I have a gut feeling we're going to lose this game.

Lots of national attention now, lots of hype about defense being historically good.

I fear the Texas are going to run the ball effectively, minimizing sacks and turnovers. If our offense doesn't step it up, I think we could be in trouble.

Texans can run it.

Arrogant I mean Arian Foster is deceptively fast. He glides.

Don't give him a crease or he is gone.

Sorter
If Kubiak is fired, it would be interesting if they pluck Kyle from the Redskins to maintain continuity with their offensive philosophies.

Rausch
I fear the Texas are going to run the ball effectively...

Why?...

siberian khatru
10-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Why?...

That cutback running style.

Cannibal
10-17-2013, 12:09 PM
J.J. Watt on Eric Fisher. Nightmare

MotherfuckerJones
10-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Matt Schaub - QB - Texans
Matt Schaub (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 7, and Case Keenum will make the start against Kansas City.
Related: T.J. Yates, Case Keenum
Source: Texans on Twitter Oct 17 - 2:45 PM

Direckshun
10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Coaching dude, it's fucking horrible.

Kubiak should have been fired a couple years ago. Wade Phillips got the D playing good and saved his job.

Now the real truth has shown. The offense even when it works is boring, predictable and unimaginative.

As long as Barney Fife is your coach and Sling Blade/Gomer Pyle is your QB you're not going anywhere.

JJ Watt better not sign a contract extension when it comes up or he'll waste his entire career here just like Andre Johnson did.

Owen Daniel - IR
Daniel Manning - IR

Schaub isn't even practicing this week.

All the pick sixes happen on that stupid route to the tight end. Sit back and wait, they throw it every game. Pick six guaranteed.

LMAO Awesome.

Direckshun
10-17-2013, 01:07 PM
HOLY SHIT.

CASE KEENUM!?!?

OMG

ROFL

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM!?

Nightfyre
10-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Kubiak must want to ruin this kid. Congratulations on your first NFL start Keenum. Now go out there and face arguably the best pass-rushing defense in the history of the NFL, at home. They had better hope Andre Johnson gets some favorable calls on those push-offs, because he's going to be all coop-ed up!

King_Chief_Fan
10-17-2013, 01:20 PM
J.J. Watt on Eric Fisher. Nightmare

just what I was thinking....the perfect time for Smith to get smashed so Chase Daniel can get into the game and stink up the place

houstonwhodat
10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
just what I was thinking....the perfect time for Smith to get smashed so Chase Daniel can get into the game and stink up the place

And JJ is pissed off right now.

He's going to pretend Alex Smith is Matt Schaub and crush him.

loochy
10-17-2013, 02:33 PM
HOLY SHIT.

CASE KEENUM!?!?

OMG

ROFL

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM!?

Isn't this guy a little old to be QB? He's like freakin' Weeden times ten.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130121043110/scoobydoo/images/4/4e/Casey_Kasem.png

siberian khatru
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Hmmm, well, my gut feels a little bit better now