PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Weather Conditions Will be Best for KC/DEN Games?

Archie F. Swin
10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
The deeper we get into the season, the greater the chance of weather playing a role in game conditions. Should we hope for weather that could somehow slow Denver's offensive attack, or are we best served by neutral weather? How has Peyton performed in adverse weather in the past?

FlaChief58
10-16-2013, 06:32 AM
-10 and snowing

l4z4rd
10-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Freezing weather has always been his kryptonite.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-16-2013, 06:37 AM
If snow or ice accumulates on his forehead it's gonna throw his balance off.

Strongside
10-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Pain.

Bugeater
10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Shitty conditions favor the defenses, which is obviously what we want.

10-16-2013, 06:51 AM
below 20 and snow or drizzle.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2013, 07:22 AM
rain

ILChief
10-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Cold, windy, rain or snow

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Wind and cold. Rainy would be nice.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2013, 07:54 AM
How is Alex Smith out in the cold, wet weather? You know, he has to actually do something in these games as well, right?

T-post Tom
10-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Cloudy with a 100% chance of Hali & Houston.

Fritz88
10-16-2013, 07:56 AM
How is Alex Smith out in the cold, wet weather? You know, he has to actually do something in these games as well, right?

Exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
10-16-2013, 07:58 AM

No he doesn't. Look at least week. Didn't do shit. Still won. It's all about the D. And your getting the D.

threebag
10-16-2013, 07:59 AM
I bet we see all kinds of penalty flags against us.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2013, 08:07 AM
hNo he doesn't. Look at least week. Didn't do shit. Still won. It's all about the D. And your getting the D.

Well, then good luck with all that... how many teams have won the SB purely on defense alone in the last 20 years? We have the Ravens with Dilfer - maybe KC's defense is there, but we don't know yet to be honest through 6 games because they were consistently awesome for years.

All this talk about Peyton folding in bad weather... you know it was an entire "dome team" playing in the elements right, it's not like Peyton was the only one that contributed to those losses in the playoffs, right?

I think the Colts were 10-11 in the playoffs with Peyton, including 1-1 in the SB. Is it stellar? No, but other guys like Brady get paid to win as well, you can't win them all.

I think the Colts under Manning were 2-5 on the road in the playoffs ... that's not good. They lost @ MIA, Jets, NE twice & SD. And, they won playoff games on the road @ Baltimore and ... oh look, Kansas City in 2003. I get the hate though --- with 2 of KC's last 3 playoff losses coming at the hands of Manning.

PRIEST
10-16-2013, 08:07 AM
If snow or ice accumulates on his forehead it's gonna throw his balance off.

This :D

Lzen
10-16-2013, 08:08 AM

I think our defense can score enough to keep up with Denver's offense.

:D

Cephalic Trauma
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Well, then good luck with all that... how many teams have won the SB purely on defense alone in the last 20 years?

We still have JC you insufferable twat.

Brock
10-16-2013, 08:11 AM

Jamaal will ream your pussy ass defense.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2013, 08:22 AM
So nothing really is expected from the passing game, that's interesting. One might say that it's a passing oriented league now and that could be a touch limiting for KC at this point.

KCUnited
10-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Once Fasano gets back it won't matter.

hometeam
10-16-2013, 08:26 AM
h

Well, then good luck with all that... how many teams have won the SB purely on defense alone in the last 20 years? We have the Ravens with Dilfer - maybe KC's defense is there, but we don't know yet to be honest through 6 games because they were consistently awesome for years.

All this talk about Peyton folding in bad weather... you know it was an entire "dome team" playing in the elements right, it's not like Peyton was the only one that contributed to those losses in the playoffs, right?

I think the Colts were 10-11 in the playoffs with Peyton, including 1-1 in the SB. Is it stellar? No, but other guys like Brady get paid to win as well, you can't win them all.

I think the Colts under Manning were 2-5 on the road in the playoffs ... that's not good. They lost @ MIA, Jets, NE twice & SD. And, they won playoff games on the road @ Baltimore and ... oh look, Kansas City in 2003. I get the hate though --- with 2 of KC's last 3 playoff losses coming at the hands of Manning.

We aren't talking about winning the super bowl. We are talking about winning a regular season game against Denver, and the weather conditions which we would most like to see the game played in.

ILChief
10-16-2013, 08:38 AM
I bet we see all kinds of penalty flags against us.

Yep and the donk o line will have a license to hold all day with no flags

Nzoner
10-16-2013, 08:48 AM
h

Yep he beat KC in Januaray 2003 and mother nature smiled on him with a 60 degree + day.

Also he needs to thank his defense for that one SB win because in a total of 4 play-off games that season he threw 3 td's and 7 int's.

Cephalic Trauma
10-16-2013, 09:06 AM
So nothing really is expected from the passing game, that's interesting. One might say that it's a passing oriented league now and that could be a touch limiting for KC at this point.

One neck injury away from mediocrity.

The Iron Chief
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
http://ak3.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1027222/preview/stock-footage-cars-on-winter-road-during-blizzard.jpg

Marty ball weather!

Halfcan
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Freezing weather has always been his kryptonite.

;) Yep he likes it inside and perfect.

Cold weather always favors the D!

Halfcan
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Yep he beat KC in Januaray 2003 and mother nature smiled on him with a 60 degree + day.

Also he needs to thank his defense for that one SB win because in a total of 4 play-off games that season he threw 3 td's and 7 int's.

This!

mikey23545
10-16-2013, 09:20 AM
below 20 and snow or drizzle.

Yep.

mikey23545
10-16-2013, 09:35 AM
http://ak3.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1027222/preview/stock-footage-cars-on-winter-road-during-blizzard.jpg

Weather that cold will make that wishbone neck of his snap like a dry twig.

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/2867/zt4a.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/0uzt4aj)

suzzer99
10-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Lots of wind to blow Manning's floppy floaters off-target

Nzoner
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM
This is from last January from an ESPN blog...

The Denver Broncos are heavy favorites to beat the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday in the AFC divisional playoffs.

Manning
The primary reason, of course, is the presence of Peyton Manning. The quarterback is a leading MVP candidate and he's led the Broncos to 11 straight victories. There are few flaws in his game.

However, Saturday, Manning must prove something he hasn’t been able to do since his NFL career began in 1998: He must show he can win a cold-weather playoff game.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs when playing in temperatures under 40 degrees. The game-time temperature Saturday is expected to be around 25.

Manning threw one touchdown and seven interceptions those three games, ESPN Stats & Info reports. Also, under coach John Harbaugh, the Ravens are 10-7 in games when the temperature is under 40 degrees.

Do these numbers spell doom for Denver? No, not necessarily. Remember, all three of those playoff losses were on the road. Winning on the road is difficult in any condition. Also, Manning proved he can play win in chilly weather in Denver’s last two games, both at home, to Cleveland and Kansas City. Now, he needs to show it in the postseason.

So, while Manning’s cold-weather playoff record is, in fact, not good, the circumstances are different this year. But the only way Manning can prove he can win a cold-weather game in the postseason is to do it, and his chance is Saturday.

Mr. Plow
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Clearly you haven't watched the Chiefs this year. LMAO

ThaVirus
10-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Cold and windy would be ideal.

A lot of those fluttering passes he's been throwing the past could seasons would have a good chance of sailing off target if the winds are whipping up right.

Pablo
10-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Driving wind with ice preferably. Just play defense and run the ball.

Archie F. Swin
10-28-2013, 06:51 AM
The weather in Buffalo Sunday might be pretty obnoxious...

...oh, and water is wet

King_Chief_Fan
10-28-2013, 06:53 AM

he is good...3yd dump offs and hand offs to Jamal

gosampel
10-28-2013, 07:13 AM
-10 and snowing

I agree

Mile High Mania
10-28-2013, 07:47 AM
You guys should worry about the Bills and let Mother Nature handle the rest. Alex Smith and the offense is going to need to produce as well, and they've had inconsistencies in good weather.

warrior
10-28-2013, 08:01 AM
You guys should worry about the Bills and let Mother Nature handle the rest. Alex Smith and the offense is going to need to produce as well, and they've had inconsistencies in good weather.

Well pardon us but you came here, you know a Chiefs forum :doh!:

Imon Yourside
10-28-2013, 08:03 AM

We'll be fine...I wonder how borkneck mountin will handle the cold weather with 2 bad legs and a broken neck?