PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy blames himself, not Alex, for Chiefs' sputtering offense

Pages : [1] 2

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- When you're 6-0 and coming off a 2-14 season, there really shouldn't be any complaining.

There can't be a football fan or scout or executive anywhere on the planet who could have forecast the amazing turnaround general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid have conducted with the Chiefs -- certainly not to the extent of a 6-0 start.

But -- and isn't there always a but? -- there is one small area of concern that even Reid himself continues to address: a sluggish offense.

The Chiefs are 25th in the NFL in offense, chugging along at just 326 yards per game, a remarkably low figure for a team unbeaten this far into the season.

No one is more aware of the offense's struggles than Reid. The offense is his baby.

"Listen, I'm never going to make excuses," Reid said Monday. "That's not how we roll here. But the reality of it is we're a little young, but we have to get better.

"I see some phases we're getting better at. But I've got to do a better job of getting these guys in the right position to succeed. We've all got a little piece of the pie to get things right. We're learning on the fly, but we're going to get better."

The Chiefs likely will have to. Fans in this area have seen this script before. They've seen the Chiefs' teams of the 1990s soar through the regular season on the strength of their overpowering defenses and elite special teams.

Then those fans saw the same teams misfire in the postseason, mainly because the offense couldn't step up and contribute when it had to.

To avoid revisiting that script, the Chiefs must get more production out of quarterback Alex Smith, whose numbers keep sinking.

Smith is 26th in the league in passing yards at just 221.7 per game. He's also 20th in the league with a passer rating of 79.8.

But if you're looking for Reid to point any fingers toward Smith, you'll have a long wait.

Reid knows what kind of team he has. He knows, outside of Jamaal Charles and at times Dwayne Bowe, he doesn't have an explosive offense.

Reid also knows you can win in this league simply by not messing up, and letting the opponent beat itself. The Chiefs are No. 1 in the league in turnover ratio at plus-12, and don't have the appearance of a team that will beat itself anytime soon.

"Not turning the ball over is very important to us," Reid said, "especially when you have a solid defense like we have and the kicking game we have, both from our punter and our kicker."

In that respect, Smith is giving Reid all he needs, even if the offense has that familiar conservative look of the '90s. After all, there is a fine line between wanting more offensive production, and opening the offense up so much that more turnovers occur. Reid isn't likely to stand for that.

"You want to always start off by protecting the ball," Reid said. "There's no fine line there for me. ...

"Alex is doing that. And we need to point out the way Alex continues to manage this offense."

And that is the key in Reid's mind: He simply wants Smith to manage the game, which also includes managing the different personalities in the huddle.

"We've got a guy at quarterback, this kid, he's a stud," Reid said. "The things he does for this team is unbelievable. He's making people around him better. He takes the blame for things -- that's what good leaders do.

"At the same time, he's able to teach and explain to other guys with a clear head. Those are valuable things for us as coaches to see. I'm very pleased with the job (Smith) is doing."

In Reid's mind, let the other quarterbacks around the league possess the pretty passing numbers; Reid will take the ultimate one that counts. That is, for now, 6-0.

Still, Reid also has been around long enough to know that his offense will have to improve as the season wears on, even if it's just incrementally.

And that will be up to Reid himself as the play-caller and architect of the offense, something Reid has mentioned almost every week.

"I think we have done some good things, but we have plenty to work on," Reid said. "I don't think I've done a very good job of putting guys in position to make plays. That has been obvious at times. I have to do a better job."

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/story/Andy-blames-himself-not-Alex-for-Chiefs-?blockID=950675&feedID=5117

Sorry if Q

booger
10-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Tamba d player of the week per Gretz

hometeam
10-16-2013, 10:08 AM
So what he is saying is that we need the game manager to manage the game?

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Pretty sure Q, but, I have a question, and a comment.

Reid knows what kind of team he has. He knows, outside of Jamaal Charles and at times Dwayne Bowe, he doesn't have an explosive offense.

If that is the CASE, the GIVE WHATEVER ATLANTA wants to get Tony G.

I know this, other people know this, I don't know jack shit about the NFL but I know that the Chiefs probably have the worst collection of skill players in the league.

If this can be put out there by THE HEAD COACH himself, then something should be done......

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:11 AM

This offense needs a game manager, because the talent on it after Bowe, and Charles, is pathetic. And the only people who think it is anything more than that, are blind homer Chief fans, or Alex Smith haters......

Chief Pote
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM

What he's kind of saying is that a man needs to know his limitations(Clint Eastwood style). They have a bunch and they are dealing with it.

O.city
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Avery is a good enough 2.

Hemmingway needs to overtake Dexter in the slot for the most part. The offensive skill positions aren't as dearth as some make it out to be. We aren't the Broncos in terms of skill guys, but theres talent there. It's all about finding the mismatches and capitalizing when they are found.

O.city
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
They need to get guys like Knile Davis (if he can hold on to the football), Gray, Hemmingway and Jenkins ( I know some are down on him, I think there's something there) the football and give them some chances to develop now, so when December rolls around, they're ready to go.

hometeam
10-16-2013, 10:17 AM
This offense needs a game manager, because the talent on it after Bowe, and Charles, is pathetic. And the only people who think it is anything more than that, are blind homer Chief fans, or Alex Smith haters......

This offense needs an elite QB.

O.city
10-16-2013, 10:19 AM

So it's elite or bust huh?

How many elite Qb's do you think there are in the NFL?

Mav

Hemmingway needs to overtake Dexter in the slot for the most part. The offensive skill positions aren't as dearth as some make it out to be. We aren't the Broncos in terms of skill guys, but theres talent there. It's all about finding the mismatches and capitalizing when they are found.

No. That's where you are wrong. And you would understand just how wrong you are if at ALL Jamaal Charles misses any time.

There is a severe lack of weapons on this team.

If you look at what I would consider to be the 6 or so teams that you could legitimately could win the super bowl this year.

The Chiefs are so far at the bottom of that list when it comes to offense.

It really is a bad offense skill position wise, and that's not even incorporating how bad the oline has played at times, and how piss poor Alex Smith has played the past two weeks.

When your slot receiver is a combination of Chad Hall, McCluster, Aj Jenkins. That aint good.

The tight end position is very weak as well.

While I agree with you, Avery is a nice number two, he is probably better as a three.

I also wonder if Bowe, wouldn't do better in the slot. I am seeing that a lot in the past two years where teams are moving their better options into the slot.

The 49ers did it last year with Crabtree, the Cowboys move Dez everywhere, Justin Blackmon was in the slot almost exclusively vs the Broncos.

maybe that is what Andy means by not putting his guys in the right positions.

The skill positions on offense, are VERY bad.

If Charles goes down, I don't know how this team would score on offense at all.

That's just too much pressure on a guy.

packers,
Saints,
49ers,
Seahawks,
Broncos,

those are those legitimate teams to me along with the Chiefs that have a chance. All have VASTLY more weapons than the Chiefs.

With the Seahawks, and 49ers having similar defenses.

Gonzo
Of course Reid blames himself. That's his job.
All this offense needs is a solid #2 running back and a decent tight end.

I'd seriously doubt ATL would give up TG...
That pipe dream needs to be put to bed.

JENKINSWINS
10-16-2013, 10:20 AM
The WRs probably need to be upgraded or others need to be given more chances (Hemmingway and Jenkins). The key to this offense getting better and as much as I love what McGrath is contributing an upgrade at TE would do it.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:21 AM

Every offense would like to have an ELITE qb.

The problem with having an Elite qb, as the Ravens are finding out, is that other areas of your team, struggle, and struggle mightily if you wrap 20 mil into your qb.

Im in the minority, and I recognize that, id rather have a complete team, with a good to above average qb, than to just have an elite qb.

Sad thing is, most of the elite qbs, have that.

Denver, Green Bay, New Orleans.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Of course Reid blames himself. That's his job.
All this offense needs is a solid #2 running back and a decent tight end.

I'd seriously doubt ATL would give up TG...
That pipe dream needs to be put to bed.

Zach Sudfeld was released by the Pats. Really surprised they didn't take a look at him.

and no. This team needs a slot receiver in the worst way. Like a Davone Bess type.

the Talking Can
10-16-2013, 10:23 AM
no offense needs a game manager

every offense needs to score points...when you can't score because your QB sucks, you call him 'a game manager' and pretend you like not scoring points...

but i like the 'we're young line'....hilarious

we sure as hell didn't hear any of this 'we're trading 2 seconds for a game manger who can't score points' crap before the season...

IowaChiefs83
I say go all in on this year and trade for Nicks and Gonzales. Both players more than likely won't be here next year, but at 6-0 I say take a shot.

O.city
No. That's where you are wrong. And you would understand just how wrong you are if at ALL Jamaal Charles misses any time.

There is a severe lack of weapons on this team.

If you look at what I would consider to be the 6 or so teams that you could legitimately could win the super bowl this year.

The Chiefs are so far at the bottom of that list when it comes to offense.

It really is a bad offense skill position wise, and that's not even incorporating how bad the oline has played at times, and how piss poor Alex Smith has played the past two weeks.

When your slot receiver is a combination of Chad Hall, McCluster, Aj Jenkins. That aint good.

The tight end position is very weak as well.

While I agree with you, Avery is a nice number two, he is probably better as a three.

I also wonder if Bowe, wouldn't do better in the slot. I am seeing that a lot in the past two years where teams are moving their better options into the slot.

The 49ers did it last year with Crabtree, the Cowboys move Dez everywhere, Justin Blackmon was in the slot almost exclusively vs the Broncos.

maybe that is what Andy means by not putting his guys in the right positions.

The skill positions on offense, are VERY bad.

If Charles goes down, I don't know how this team would score on offense at all.

That's just too much pressure on a guy.

packers,
Saints,
49ers,
Seahawks,
Broncos,

those are those legitimate teams to me along with the Chiefs that have a chance. All have VASTLY more weapons than the Chiefs.

With the Seahawks, and 49ers having similar defenses.

It depends really. Look at those teams who you have listed having better weapons.

Look who they have under center.

Save the 9ers, who I don't think have better weapons than the Chiefs TBH, they all have guys who do a really good job distributing the ball and getting it to guys in space to make plays.

Alex hasn't done a good job doing that recently.

I do think the skill positions could be upgraded, sure. But it's not nearly as bad as you are saying.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:26 AM
It depends really. Look at those teams who you have listed having better weapons.

Look who they have under center.

Save the 9ers, who I don't think have better weapons than the Chiefs TBH, they all have guys who do a really good job distributing the ball and getting it to guys in space to make plays.

Alex hasn't done a good job doing that recently.

I do think the skill positions could be upgraded, sure. But it's not nearly as bad as you are saying.

You might be right.

I laugh at the 49ers comment. I stated they needed weapons when Alex was the qb, and got told I was an idiot.

All of a sudden, they go back to playing Alex Smith type offense, and they are destroying people.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I say go all in on this year and trade for Nicks and Gonzales. Both players more than likely won't be here next year, but at 6-0 I say take a shot.

Something called the Cap. So you wanna give up a First for Nicks then let him walk after this year? Chiefs in 2014 are a mess with cap.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:29 AM
no offense needs a game manager

every offense needs to score points...when you can't score because your QB sucks, you call him 'a game manager' and pretend you like not scoring points...

but i like the 'we're young line'....hilarious

we sure as hell didn't hear any of this 'we're trading 2 seconds for a game manger who can't score points' crap before the season...

another classic post from the Talking Can.

Wrong as usual.

But, still classic.

You can score all the points in the world. The Packers marched up and down the field on the 49ers week one, Tony Romo threw for 500 yards and 5 tds against the broncos, and both lost. And the Cowboys lost because Romo turned the ball over at the worst time imaginable.

Of course you want to score points, but you also have to know your limitations as a team.

All of the Chiefs talent save Jamaal Charles, is on the defense. The offensive talent is poor.

You play to the strengths of your team. But of course, if Tom Brady was on this team, this team would be scoring 40 points game because, well, with a similar situation in New England they are doing just that.

Oh, WAIT. No they aren't......

Guess Tom brady is now a game manager too.

O.city
10-16-2013, 10:29 AM
You might be right.

I laugh at the 49ers comment. I stated they needed weapons when Alex was the qb, and got told I was an idiot.

All of a sudden, they go back to playing Alex Smith type offense, and they are destroying people.

I think a bigish problem is that we havne't been able to sustain drives and give any of our other offensive players a chance to make plays. We're always in 2 and 3 and long and seem to always be fighting uphill.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
I think a bigish problem is that we havne't been able to sustain drives and give any of our other offensive players a chance to make plays. We're always in 2 and 3 and long and seem to always be fighting uphill.

That's a very true point. I would love to see the offense focus more on the run game early. use more playaction.....Too many passes for my liking.

O.city
10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
That's a very true point. I would love to see the offense focus more on the run game early. use more playaction.....Too many passes for my liking.

I'm fine with the passing game to be quite honest early, but I think it needs to be more predicated on taking some deep shots, EARLY. Loosen up the secondary etc.

hometeam
10-16-2013, 10:46 AM
So it's elite or bust huh?

How many elite Qb's do you think there are in the NFL?

Well yes.. pretty much. If your team has no elite QB, then there is room for improvement at that, the most important, position.

Do you agree?

MahiMike
10-16-2013, 10:53 AM

I agree. From what I've seen from Avery and Junior, they are more than adequate. I think we should take a deep shot to Avery with the first throw of every game. Even if it's 10 yards overthrown, we need the "threat" of going deep.

mr. tegu
10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Avery has been getting open on the deep routes but Smith is just missing him. Last week he had a long TD if the ball isn't overthrown.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:01 AM
They need to get guys like Knile Davis (if he can hold on to the football), Gray, Hemmingway and Jenkins ( I know some are down on him, I think there's something there) the football and give them some chances to develop now, so when December rolls around, they're ready to go.

Jenkins has shown absolutely nothing. IMO, Davis should be cut and placed on the PS. No one is going to claim that fumbling machine. It's too bad Draughn is a member of the Ravens.

Dorsey needs to continue to churn the roster.

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Fisher and the rest of the line will come around and then Alex will be unstoppable

warrior
10-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Jenkins has shown absolutely nothing. IMO, Davis should be cut and placed on the PS. No one is going to claim that fumbling machine. It's too bad Draughn is a member of the Ravens.

Don't want to sound like one of the weeping vaginas but we should have taken K Allen in the third Draughn and Gray would have been fine, we needed a wr.

The Franchise
10-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Draughn got cut by the Ravens.

RealSNR
10-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Draughn got cut because the Cyrus Gray was better. And he's still on the roster.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Everyone involved with the offense should blame themselves.

Blame yourself,Self-evaluation, work hard to get better

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Draughn got cut because the Cyrus Gray was better. And he's still on the roster.

At this point, I think Draughn would be more productive than Davis.

Every single time he touches the ball, he fumbles. At this point, he's wasting a roster spot.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Davis needs carries. One carry, actually I think it was a catch isn't going to cut it. Let him play, the only way we know if he can or can't get the job done.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Don't want to sound like one of the weeping vaginas but we should have taken K Allen in the third Draughn and Gray would have been fine, we needed a wr.

For as much as Dorsey has absolutely killed it with UDFA's and Free Agents, his first draft sucked ass and rivals Pioli's 2009 draft.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Davis needs carries. One carry, actually I think it was a catch isn't going to cut it. Let him play, the only way we know if he can or can't get the job done.

He touched the ball once on Sunday and fumbled forward, out of bounds.

He's a PS guy at this point. I wouldn't let him anywhere near the field until he rectifies his fumbling problem. The guy should be made to carry a football everywhere and sleep with it, too.

warrior
10-16-2013, 11:50 AM
For as much as Dorsey has absolutely killed it with UDFA's and Free Agents, his first draft sucked ass and rivals Pioli's 2009 draft.

Unfortunely I have to agree

mcaj22
10-16-2013, 11:55 AM
well if it's anything like Pioli's 2009 then that means we will get two good players out of it after 4 years of development

KCDC
10-16-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree with Dane as well on the draft.

I think Talking Can's point about the role of a game manager, is amusing and fair. Going three and out for three quarters, kicking field goals when the defense gets turnovers in the red zone, and sustaining drives mostly on penalties against the opponent, is not an effective game manager.

Alex Smith is a known game manager; but, he is doing a crappy job for us. Going three and out, but not turning the ball over, is not to be applauded. We can rehire Herm Edwards if we want to applaud that.

InChiefsHeaven
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree with Dane as well on the draft.

I think Talking Can's point about the role of a game manager, is amusing and fair. Going three and out for three quarters, kicking field goals when the defense gets turnovers in the red zone, and sustaining drives mostly on penalties against the opponent, is not an effective game manager.

Alex Smith is a known game manager; but, he is doing a crappy job for us. Going three and out, but not turning the ball over, is not to be applauded. We can rehire Herm Edwards if we want to applaud that.

Whatchootalkinbout? This ain't no 'rena football!!

Mr. Laz
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
About the only strength of this offense right now is not turning the ball over. We can't afford to give Davis carries when he coughs it up about every time he touches it.

fumbled it out of bound, fumbled it and recovered it himself ... probably more

lucky so far

rather have Gray get carries

Sandy Vagina
10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Avery has been getting open on the deep routes but Smith is just missing him. Last week he had a long TD if the ball isn't overthrown.

Had a couple of thoughts on this.. and granted, you could be right...

True or false? Every QB.. even the best.. overthrow a receiver once or twice a game. The difference is, those other QBs throw plenty more deep ones that DO connect... so you tend to forget about the one or two that doesn't connect.

Now, I can't say what happened down the field.. but Avery's a fairly small guy. Could be that he was disrupted on his route early on.. which could throw off the timing and accuracy of a deep pass. Doesn't take much.. could be a quick stumble that makes an accurate ball look to us like it was a couple feet too long. Could just be an excuse, I don't know. I do know that Alex's deep passes to Vernon Davis were almost always right where they needed to be... whether on a seam or wheel route. There were a couple deeper passes that moved the chains for us, but via D.P.I... so fans tend to forget about giving the offense credit for those.

RealSNR
10-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Tons of people have already brought this up, but it bears repeating.

"Game manager" is code for "shitty QB" these days, but that's not what the term originally meant.

If you're looking for the term of a QB whose only good qualities are playing it safe, not turning the ball over, and keeping the offense on track and commanding the huddle, it's far more accurate to use the term "placeholder."

Right now Alex Smith is being a placeholder for the offense, which absolutely sucks if that's all he can do for us. He can be and has been a very good game manager in the best sense of the word, which is really putting him in the top 10-15 discussion of QBs.

Sandy Vagina
10-16-2013, 12:29 PM

"Game manager" is code for "shitty QB" these days, but that's not what the term originally meant.

If you're looking for the term of a QB whose only good qualities are playing it safe, not turning the ball over, and keeping the offense on track and commanding the huddle, it's far more accurate to use the term "placeholder."

Right now Alex Smith is being a placeholder for the offense, which absolutely sucks if that's all he can do for us. He can be and has been a very good game manager in the best sense of the word, which is really putting him in the top 10-15 discussion of QBs.

Wow.... agreed. Who are you and what have you done with the real SNR?

InChiefsHeaven
10-16-2013, 12:32 PM

This. I've always thought that a QB who was smart, methodical and accurate, and occasionally take a shot was a game manager. No gunslinging, willing to throw it away, or even take a sack. Alex is like that on steroids. He's really looked bad the last couple of games. Hope he can get back to actually being a game manager and not a survivor.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Avery has been getting open on the deep routes but Smith is just missing him. Last week he had a long TD if the ball isn't overthrown.link?

KCCrusader
10-16-2013, 12:50 PM
The keyboard geniuses in here who keep ragging on Alex and the Chiefs offense need to sut the **** up and learn the virtue of patience!!!!!!! This is ****ing YEAR ONE of Dorsey & Reid's rebuild with Alex at the helm of a POS 2012 2-14 disaster leagues worst NFL team!!!!!!! Give them all a chance to improve the product you fucking retards it takes time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collectively they are all just 6 games into YEAR ONE OF A REBUILD Alex is only 29 just hitting his prime Reid is a good coach and Dorsey is a good talent evaluator. Going forward things are looking way up for the Chiefs now. In the off season expect lots of fine tuning to the offense the OL the WR group will all be upgraded YEAR ONE it's going to get better you dumbass bitches!!!!!!!

The Franchise
10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
The keyboard geniuses in here who keep ragging on Alex and the Chiefs offense need to sut the **** up and learn the virtue of patience!!!!!!! This is ****ing YEAR ONE of Dorsey & Reid's rebuild with Alex at the helm of a POS 2012 2-14 disaster leagues worst NFL team!!!!!!! Give them all a chance to improve the product you fucking retards it takes time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collectively they are all just 6 games into YEAR ONE OF A REBUILD Alex is only 29 just hitting his prime Reid is a good coach and Dorsey is a good talent evaluator. Going forward things are looking way up for the Chiefs now. In the off season expect lots of fine tuning to the offense the OL the WR group will all be upgraded YEAR ONE it's going to get better you dumbass bitches!!!!!!!
Die in a fire.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Not having explosive players does not preclude an offense from being either efficient or productive.

Although, frankly, they do have explosive players. Avery certainly is. Christ, he's averaging 17 yards a catch. And he actually has been behind the defense a number of times, but Smith simply can't get the ball there. That has to be a major part of the problem at this point: when your QB physically can't throw a pass longer than about 30 yards, the defense doesn't have to work real hard to keep everything in front of them.

But I think the biggest problem right now, aside from the line play on the first three drives Sunday (which did clear up after that point) is that Smith has suddenly become wildly inaccurate. He's even missing on the short passes now.

KCCrusader
10-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Andy Reid confirms right here everything i have been telling the Alex haters...

"Alex is a stud!"...hahaha suck that haters!!!!!!!!!!!

You morons bashing Alex for the offense sputtering shut the **** up Alex doesn't call the ****ing plays and that is another huge factor Reid has been calling a conservative game not Alex you fools!!!!!!

IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS REBUILDING OFF OF A 2-14 POS...

"Not turning the ball over is very important to us," Reid said, "especially when you have a solid defense like we have and the kicking game we have, both from our punter and our kicker."

In that respect, Smith is giving Reid all he needs, even if the offense has that familiar conservative look of the '90s. After all, there is a fine line between wanting more offensive production, and opening the offense up so much that more turnovers occur. Reid isn't likely to stand for that.

"You want to always start off by protecting the ball," Reid said. "There's no fine line there for me. ...

"Alex is doing that. And we need to point out the way Alex continues to manage this offense."

And that is the key in Reid's mind: He simply wants Smith to manage the game, which also includes managing the different personalities in the huddle.

"We've got a guy at quarterback, this kid, he's a stud," Reid said. "The things he does for this team is unbelievable. He's making people around him better. He takes the blame for things -- that's what good leaders do.

"At the same time, he's able to teach and explain to other guys with a clear head. Those are valuable things for us as coaches to see. I'm very pleased with the job (Smith) is doing."

In Reid's mind, let the other quarterbacks around the league possess the pretty passing numbers; Reid will take the ultimate one that counts. That is, for now, 6-0.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey look, it's a new mult. Who is it this time?

KCUnited
10-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Barrysmethpipe

Dartgod
10-16-2013, 01:12 PM
KCCrusader sure is a miserable user.

Make it happen, Mods!

KCCrusader
10-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Die in a fire.

Been here a week and here's the biggest ****ing creep so far Pestilence i seen on the board, and there have been many, he looks like a ****ing pedophile in a van selling candy from where else Nor Cal LMFAO!!!!!!!

Mav
10-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Been here a week and here's the biggest ****ing creep so far Pestilence i seen on the board, and there have been many, he looks like a ****ing pedophile in a van selling candy from where else Nor Cal LMFAO!!!!!!!

im afraid your chances of surviving another week, aren't so great.

hometeam
10-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey look, it's a new mult. Who is it this time?

I will go straight to the blackbob.

Bearcat
10-16-2013, 01:18 PM

Make it happen, Mods!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

wink wink

KCCrusader
10-16-2013, 01:18 PM

Make it happen, Mods!

KCCrusader in 1 week has easily proven to be one of the most knowledgable and loyal Chiefs fans on the board. Zero chance the great KCCrusader ever gets banned asshole!!!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2013, 01:19 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

wink wink

Is it a mult or just an idiot?

Mav
10-16-2013, 01:20 PM

My vote is going to have to go with BOTH.....

KCCrusader
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Make it happen, Mods!

KCCrusader in 1 week has easily proven to be one of the most knowledgeable and loyal Chiefs fans on the board. Zero chance the great KCCrusader ever gets banned ****face!!!!!!!!!

Bearcat
10-16-2013, 01:24 PM

Doesn't look like it's a mult.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Doesn't look like it's a mult.Certainly reads like one. But if the IP isn't a match, then :shrug:

Bearcat
10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
KCCrusader in 1 week has easily proven to be one of the most knowledgeable and loyal Chiefs fans on the board. Zero chance the great KCCrusader ever gets banned ****face!!!!!!!!!

Maybe higher than zero.

Mav
10-16-2013, 01:27 PM

Welp.........

ROFL

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
MOAR Andy Man boobs!

hometeam
10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Doesn't look like it's a mult.

Don't know about mult but if not its a banned user returning. He has already given himself away with posts that contain information only someone from CP would know about.

Easy 6
10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Certainly reads like one. But if the IP isn't a match, then :shrug:

So it isnt actually Barry?

Wow, i would've sworn that was a LOCK.

OnTheWarpath15
10-16-2013, 04:23 PM

No fine line for Andy, yet he had no issues with McNabb and Vick slinging the ball all over the yard, making mistakes.

OnTheWarpath15
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
another classic post from the Talking Can.

Wrong as usual.

But, still classic.

You can score all the points in the world. The Packers marched up and down the field on the 49ers week one, Tony Romo threw for 500 yards and 5 tds against the broncos, and both lost. And the Cowboys lost because Romo turned the ball over at the worst time imaginable.

Of course you want to score points, but you also have to know your limitations as a team

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.

The Packers and Cowboys marched up and down the field in both your examples, yet still lost.

Why?

Because they don't have our defense.

If they did, they'd be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Just like if we had their offense, WE would be favored to win the SB.

If THIS team could score "all the points in the world", they'd be damn near unbeatable.

Rasputin
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM

At this point field goals are our friend.

**Truefan gif.**

jspchief
10-16-2013, 04:38 PM
At this point, I think Draughn would be more productive than Davis.

Every single time he touches the ball, he fumbles. At this point, he's wasting a roster spot.

Draugn is exactly the type of guy we need. He just pounds away at what the line gives him, and would be ideal spelling Charles.

I think the problem with regards to this topic is Reid is getting too cute trying to fill these support roles. He's trying to find sleeper homerun hitters, when we might be better served by guys that can dependably get base hits. Give me Draugn and Hemmingway over guys like Davis, McCluster, and Chad fucking Hall.

Jakemall
10-16-2013, 04:56 PM

The Packers and Cowboys marched up and down the field in both your examples, yet still lost.

Why?

If THIS team could score "all the points in the world", they'd be damn near unbeatable.

LOL exactly.

But I'm not entirely sure that what either of you said is mutually exclusive.

Marcellus
10-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I dont give a shit who Andy blames as long as he knows it needs fixed.

Brock
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
And how to fix it.

TripleThreat
10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Tom Brady's qbr rating was lower than Alex's before this last week, now Im not sure but , Could it be from no welker? No gronk, hernand, or a true #1 wr? Maybe... If you look at the elite qbs they have a shit ton of weapons to throw to on offense and then have shit defenses so they have to throw all game and put up shiny stats.. We can get rid of Hali, berry, Poe, Johnson, and then sign a shit load of offensive weapons and put a bunch of plugs in on defense.... People need to learn you can't have a elite d and a elite o. And if you do it doesn't last for long once u have to resign the players that broke out or rookies that exceeded expectations...

Brock
10-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Tom Brady's qbr rating was lower than Alex's before this last week, now Im not sure but , Could it be from no welker? No gronk, hernand, or a true #1 wr? Maybe... If you look at the elite qbs they have a shit ton of weapons to throw to on offense and then have shit defenses so they have to throw all game and put up shiny stats.. We can get rid of Hali, berry, Poe, Johnson, and then sign a shit load of offensive weapons and put a bunch of plugs in on defense.... People need to learn you can't have a elite d and a elite o. And if you do it doesn't last for long once u have to resign the players that broke out or rookies that exceeded expectations...

Can we at least have an okay offense? Because there's no fucking reason we shouldn't.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Can we at least have an okay offense? Because there's no fucking reason we shouldn't.

The Chiefs were last in scoring in 2012 with an average of 13.2 points.

While they added Alex Smith and Donnie Avery, Fasano hasn't played in 4+ games, Kelce's on IR and the interior of the offensive line has been awful.

Yet, they're scoring 19.2 points a game this year offensively, which is a 32% increase over last year.

They're improving, but they've got a long way to go before they're above average.

KCUnited
10-16-2013, 05:28 PM

TripleThreat
10-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Can we at least have an okay offense? Because there's no ****ing reason we shouldn't.

Wtf? We do have a "ok" offense.. It's far from spetacular at this point in time but to say its not even a ok offense is just having too much wool pulled over your eyes.. That said. This is a entire new coaching staff. New qb. New players. Young players. 6 games in... I wasn't expecting a shut out offense, but I am expecting one come playoffs. It's wayyy to premature to say our o sucks after just 6 games under the circumstances. Plus we are 6 and 0 be thankful our "shitty" offense isn't giving the ball away to cost us games and that our "shitty" offense is putting together great 4th quarter drives to shut out games. But your right our offense isn't even in the "ok " category.

Floridafan
10-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Forgive my ignorance, I was a wrestler in high school and never played football but my observations thus far are that Alex Smith doesn't seem to have much time to find an open receiver and they are not getting open as quickly as the Donkeys receivers do. Fisher is supposed to be extremely talented left tackle but he was switched to the right side and is having to learn to lead with the other foot etc.. He seems to be a swinging door and getting beat way too often. Maybe he isn't over his old injuries just yet.

I think that Reid won so many games because he does understand how to run an effective WCO and players will grow into their roles as they play more. Am I being an idiot for thinking we need help on the O line and need to use Hemmingway more? Please be gentle with me in your reply's as I said I am a neofyte when it comes to the finer points of "football" knowledge.

beach tribe
10-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I hope they can get this fixed. If not I could see Bray popping a Kaep in Smiths ass next season.

You noticed they havent paid Smith like Pioli did Cassel. If they really thought Smith was the unquestioned answer he might have gotten extended.

beach tribe
10-16-2013, 05:43 PM
I wonder how much Bray gets to practice against our 1s?

Ace Gunner
10-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I wonder how much Bray gets to practice against our 1s?

how about zero :)

here's hoping Bray can play in this league:toast:

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Wtf? We do have a "ok" offense.. It's far from spetacular at this point in time but to say its not even a ok offense is just having too much wool pulled over your eyes.. This is apparently an "ok" offense: 25th in yards, 26th in yards per play, 27th in completion percentage, 21st in 1st downs, 27th in 3rd down percentage, 21st in penalties, 26th in passing yardage, 28th in yards per pass, 21st in first downs via the pass, 29th in passing 1st down percentage, 21st in qb rating. On the plus side they're 9th in rushing, 12th in rushing yards/game, 12th in rushing average, 10th in rushing first downs and 13th in rushing 1st down percentage.

I guess that's "ok" for some, but I don't see an offense that's good at anything. They're 'ok,' but not great, running the ball, and they're bottom third in every passing category aside from interceptions. This being a team that's pass-first....

The few statistical categories where they're close to or at the top of the league, scoring (9th), time of possession (7th) and turnovers (1st) are primarily attributable to the defense, who's leading the league in TD returns, sacks, passes defensed, 3rd down percentage and turnovers forced.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
If THIS team could score "all the points in the world", they'd be damn near unbeatable.Hell, if the offense could score 23 or 24 points a game, they'd be damn near unbeatable. Because the defensive scores would take that up around 30.

Similarly, if the offense could convert first downs and sustain drives, they'd be damn near unbeatable.

That's what people who think talking about this stuff is just us "bitching" don't get: what we're really saying is that we see the possibilities for what this team can actually be.

And they could or perhaps should be better than they are. Even sitting at 6-0 there's tons and tons of room for improvement. The sky could really be the limit, if the offense ever begins to click.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM

Well, I'm at least happy Andy isn't burying his head in the sand.
If Smith was even playing as well as he was last year before being injured, this offense would likely be averaging about 7 - 10 points more per game, and right about where I would feel comfortable in saying they could make some serious noise in the playoffs.

Nothing is set in stone yet and they can improve- like getting Fasano back at TE. At least the HC isn't content and thinks that 6 and 0 = he doesn't need to reevaluate how he is utilizing the offense and if the play calling needs some tweaking.

We've just had just a history of coaches that were stubborn and continued to force a square peg in a round hole, that I hope he does go over the tape and pick his other coaches brains for greater success.

I think once the bye week comes were going to have quite a bit of little new surprises especially given the key games that come up just after our bye.

houston_pressure
10-16-2013, 06:11 PM
If this team is able to pick up Tony G... They have a Top 3 RB. Top 3 TE. Top 10 WR, Solid LT, first overall pick RT, a coach who's suppose to be offensive minded, and a QB we just gave up two 2nd's for. All backed by an excellent defense and ST to set them up. If they can't move the ball that's a problem.

Dayze
10-16-2013, 06:13 PM
This is apparently an "ok" offense: 25th in yards, 26th in yards per play, 27th in completion percentage, 21st in 1st downs, 27th in 3rd down percentage, 21st in penalties, 26th in passing yardage, 28th in yards per pass, 21st in first downs via the pass, 29th in passing 1st down percentage, 21st in qb rating. On the plus side they're 9th in rushing, 12th in rushing yards/game, 12th in rushing average, 10th in rushing first downs and 13th in rushing 1st down percentage.

I guess that's "ok" for some, but I don't see an offense that's good at anything. They're 'ok,' but not great, running the ball, and they're bottom third in every passing category aside from interceptions. This being a team that's pass-first....

The few statistical categories where they're close to or at the top of the league, scoring (9th), time of possession (7th) and turnovers (1st) are primarily attributable to the defense, who's leading the league in TD returns, sacks, passes defensed, 3rd down percentage and turnovers forced.

Boom

NinerDoug
10-16-2013, 06:23 PM
This is apparently an "ok" offense: 25th in yards, 26th in yards per play, 27th in completion percentage, 21st in 1st downs, 27th in 3rd down percentage, 21st in penalties, 26th in passing yardage, 28th in yards per pass, 21st in first downs via the pass, 29th in passing 1st down percentage, 21st in qb rating. On the plus side they're 9th in rushing, 12th in rushing yards/game, 12th in rushing average, 10th in rushing first downs and 13th in rushing 1st down percentage.

It's "ok" as long as you have a killer defense. Fact of life.

milkman
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Why?

If this offense could score 23 points a game and sustain more than 1 drive in the first 3 qrtrs, they'd be damn near unstoppable.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2013, 06:31 PM

So, it's the Defenses fault for being greedy and wanting to hog all the scores for themselves! ???

milkman
10-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Marty deciple?

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 06:35 PM
If this offense could score 23 points a game and sustain more than 1 drive in the first 3 qrtrs, they'd be damn near unstoppable.

You're basically talking about an additional field goal in each game, since they're averaging 19.5.

Had Avery not fumbled in the Red Zone, that number would be higher.

milkman
10-16-2013, 06:37 PM
You're basically talking about an additional field goal in each game, since they're averaging 19.5.

Had Avery not fumbled in the Red Zone, that number would be higher.

I am also talking about sustaining drives consistently.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
It's "ok" as long as you have a killer defense. Fact of life.You could say that the entire team is "ok" because the defense is "elite" enough to prevent the ineptitude, to date, on offense from costing the team games. But that doesn't change the fact that the offense - judged on its own merit - has been bad.

If or when the offense ascends to the level of a true ball-control unit with real game management in the passing game - which has not thus far happened - the team as a whole will be truly elite. They are not, for instance, the 9ers from 2011, because the offense isn't executing anywhere close to that level. So far.

The real issue here is that people are trying to characterize the Chiefs offense as something it's not: martyball. When the reality is that they're - so far - just a bad unit that can't execute their scheme.

Winning excuses a lot. But I find it beneficial to not wear blinders. Don't get too high when they win, don't get to low when they lose, try my best to see them for exactly what they are. And what I think they are is a championship-level defense and an underperforming offense that I believe may eventually be able to execute well enough to hold their own in january.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 06:41 PM
I am also talking about sustaining drives consistently.Which would itself lead to more points.

Everybody has this misguided idea that people asking for "better offense" means "more explosive offense". While some more explosive plays would be great, the thing that can take this team over the top will be more 6-8 minute drives, allowing them to control the game on both sides of the ball. Other teams are already having difficulty scoring, imagine if the Chiefs defense is given more opportunity to play with a lead, and the opposition has fewer possessions...

OnTheWarpath15
10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Hell, if the offense could score 23 or 24 points a game, they'd be damn near unbeatable. Because the defensive scores would take that up around 30.

Similarly, if the offense could convert first downs and sustain drives, they'd be damn near unbeatable.

That's what people who think talking about this stuff is just us "bitching" don't get: what we're really saying is that we see the possibilities for what this team can actually be.

And they could or perhaps should be better than they are. Even sitting at 6-0 there's tons and tons of room for improvement. The sky could really be the limit, if the offense ever begins to click.

This.

SAUTO
10-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Hell, if the offense could score 23 or 24 points a game, they'd be damn near unbeatable. Because the defensive scores would take that up around 30.

This
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Absolutely. But I think that either Allen and Fisher need their respective "light bulb" to turn on, or they need to be replaced for this to happen.

I'm not a huge fan of Schwartz or Stephenson but it *appears* to me that neither is starting because they're effective swing players. From my POV, it's a mistake not to find a place on the line for them. I'd also like to see Rishaw Johnson, who held his own in the few plays he's been on the field.

Outside of that, Fasaso's return should help to extend drives, especially with he and McGrath on the field. And finally, I wish someone would step up and claim the slot.

Down4Chiefs
10-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Long as our punter continues to be lights out like he is,our d shuts them down forcing them to punt deep from their territory giving us good field goal position. Our offense HAS to be able to move 30-40 yards when those oppurtunities present itsef. I think that's the dissapointing part,they've been decent early in the season,but it seems like they've had some really good field position at times set up by the d and haven't capatilized enough on that. Feels like we've left a lot of points on the field that we should've had.

Down4Chiefs
10-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Which would itself lead to more points.

Everybody has this misguided idea that people asking for "better offense" means "more explosive offense". While some more explosive plays would be great, the thing that can take this team over the top will be more 6-8 minute drives, allowing them to control the game on both sides of the ball. Other teams are already having difficulty scoring, imagine if the Chiefs defense is given more opportunity to play with a lead, and the opposition has fewer possessions...

Amen,the other team seems to have a lot of oppurtunitys to make a comeback lol. Luckily our defense is so great it hasn't mattered how many chances teams gets. As well. As our o has come through late in the game.

Marcellus
10-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Have we no led every game or almost every game in TOP?

Mr. Laz
10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Have we no led every game or almost every game in TOP?
sadly that's because of the defense, not because the offense is driving the ball.

we still have time to develop though

Our offensive line is young and not used to working with each other or in this system. They have also been rotating guys in and out with injuries all year. Better performance from the Oline will improve the offense across the board.

better running game
ability to run longer routes
more confidence for QB

*cross fingers*

Red Dawg
10-16-2013, 07:21 PM
The bottom line is this. We will not take the division from Denver or beat them in a playoff game if our offense can't score td's. Our defense is super kick ass but having them on the field constantly after a bunch of 3 and outs against Denver will get us beat. Andy knows that we must start getting some td's.

OnTheWarpath15
10-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Laz is absolutely correct. We hold a two minute advantage in TOP.

That's ridiculously low considering the play of the defense.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2013, 07:25 PM
So the difference between the 49'ers offense with Smith at the helm and the Chiefs of this year is...

The offensive line?
A stellar TE?

Charles > Gore
The WR's seem similar.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
So the difference between the 49'ers offense with Smith at the helm and the Chiefs of this year is...

The offensive line?
A stellar TE?

Charles > Gore
The WR's seem similar.
Our Oline isn't nearly as good right now
our TE's are shit after injuries
Charles is not the power interior run type of guy that leads to play-action
i'm not going into WRs since this place is obsessed on the subject

Color Red
10-16-2013, 07:59 PM

Interesting, most people weren't worried about this in the off season (some were). Most people after two-and-fourteen were happy with the thought of a major change, Andy Reed, and someone thought to be more proficient that Matt Cassel. Eight-and-eight would have been a successful year.

With our defense as it is through six games, there's an appetite for more offense than one that might earn eight wins.

tredadda
10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
"We've got a guy at quarterback, this kid, he's a stud," Reid said. "The things he does for this team is unbelievable. He's making people around him better.

I sure hope he had a smile on his face when he said this.

GordonGekko
10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Interesting, most people weren't worried about this in the off season (some were). Most people after two-and-fourteen were happy with the thought of a major change, Andy Reed, and someone thought to be more proficient that Matt Cassel. Eight-and-eight would have been a successful year.

With our defense as it is through six games, there's an appetite for more offense than one that might earn eight wins.

Knowmo?

Brock
10-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Wtf? We do have a "ok" offense.. It's far from spetacular at this point in time but to say its not even a ok offense is just having too much wool pulled over your eyes.. That said. This is a entire new coaching staff. New qb. New players. Young players. 6 games in... I wasn't expecting a shut out offense, but I am expecting one come playoffs. It's wayyy to premature to say our o sucks after just 6 games under the circumstances. Plus we are 6 and 0 be thankful our "shitty" offense isn't giving the ball away to cost us games and that our "shitty" offense is putting together great 4th quarter drives to shut out games. But your right our offense isn't even in the "ok " category.

You are insane. This offense is not good.

Brock
10-16-2013, 08:19 PM

No. No, that's not ok. Relative to the talent level, there is no way this offense is doing anywhere near what it should be.

Chiefshrink
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
and at times Dwayne Bowe ?? :rolleyes:

Our schedule will now start to catch up with our sputtering offense I'm afraid and yes I know the Texans are close to a full meltdown if not already there but something tells me they come in with both barrels blazing and JJ Watt will have his way with this O-line.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
and at times Dwayne Bowe ?? :rolleyes:

Our schedule will now start to catch up with our sputtering offense I'm afraid and yes I know the Texans are close to a full meltdown if not already there but something tells me they come in with both barrels blazing and JJ Watt will have his way with this O-line.

One guy can't "have his way" with five lineman.

The Texans have been a dumpster fire of turnovers. They're on the road. At Arrowhead.

How many games this season have the Chiefs needed more than 20 points (their offensive average) in order to win?

Chiefs=Champions
10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
IF we had a top 5 offense led by a top 5 QB, yet had a weak defense, would we be more likely to challenge for the Superbowl than our current team?

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Have we no led every game or almost every game in TOP?That doesn't actually have a whole lot to do with the offense so far. At a guess, they may actually be trailing ToP, on average, through three quarters. They just aren't effectively holding the ball. They're getting a lot of possessions, because the defense is pretty freaking amazing at getting itself off the field. They don't generally last real long (in time or in plays) and they tend to end in punts rather than points. If the defense falls off at all those ToP numbers would swing hard the other direction. We're basically winning a battle of attrition right now, to see which offense can be less bad.

You've watched the games: aside from Jacksonville, is there a single week where we began to take control at any point before the mid fourth quarter? That's the stagnant offense. And while it's a great way to win (hell, any win is a good win) it's a dangerous game to play.

Basically what I'm hoping to see is some consistent offensive numbers throughout the game. Four (or three, or hey, even two) quarters of good, efficient football from the offense and we'll be beating teams just as definitively as Denver. Just doing it a different way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
The worst part of this offense is the running game. The passing game is poor, but the running game went from a strength to decidedly subpar despite returning 4/5 of last year's opening day starters. That's pretty damned sad.

And before "different blocking scheme" gets uttered, consider this:

If Shanahan can implement a successful WCO passing offense whilst also using zone blocking tenets to power the run game, why can't the Chiefs?

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 08:32 PM
And the Cowboys lost because Romo turned the ball over at the worst time imaginable.

I'd say it was mostly because the Cowboys defense allowed 51 ****ing points.

Tony Romo in KC would make the Chiefs a real SB contender and perhaps the best team in the league.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
IF we had a top 5 offense led by a top 5 QB, yet had a weak defense, would we be more likely to challenge for the Superbowl than our current team?Why does it have to be one or the other?

How about a top 15 offense led by a top 15 QB, with the defense they have right now?

Because that's basically what we're asking for here. There's no reason to talk extremes...

And I think that's what they should be, with Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Dextor McHemingway, (hopefully) Anthony Fasano, Anthony Sherman, and an offensive line that should be slowly adjusting to and gelling within the new scheme.

That's what I'd like to see by January.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd say it was mostly because the Cowboys defense allowed 51 ****ing points.

Tony Romo in KC would make the Chiefs a real SB contender and perhaps the best team in the league.

Until he throws the inevitable back breaking INT

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Why does it have to be one or the other?

How about a top 15 offense led by a top 15 QB, with the defense they have right now?

Because that's basically what we're asking for here. There's no reason to talk extremes...

And I think that's what they should be, with Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Dextor McHemingway, (hopefully) Anthony Fasano, Anthony Sherman, and an offensive line that should be slowly adjusting to and gelling within the new scheme.

That's what I'd like to see by January.

The issue is that the line isn't gelling, Hemingway hasn't seperated himself and Fasano has barely been on the field.

Alex Smith is a limited game manager but he's even more limited when the line sucks and there's no one to catch the ball.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Until he throws the inevitable back breaking INTI don't like Tony Romo. At all. I think he's overhyped and has done little of real substantial note in the league. But I also find it funny how people point about the int while ignoring the 500 yards and 5 TDs that were the only reason Dallas was even in the game at all in the first place.

O.city
10-16-2013, 08:38 PM
While the Oakland game was obviously the ols worst game, I thought they had been gradually getting better each game.

And I thought they played pretty well int he second half Sunday?

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't like Tony Romo. At all. I think he's overhyped and has done little of real substantial note in the league. But I also find it funny how people point about the int while ignoring the 500 yards and 5 TDs that were the only reason Dallas was even in the game at all in the first place.

But in the end, as he's proven so many times, it doesn't matter how many yards and TD's, he inevitably costs Dallas the big win.

O.city
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM
But in the end, as he's proven so many times, it doesn't matter how many yards and TD's, he inevitably costs Dallas the big win.

It's kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Yeah he's had some bad plays, but he's also been the reason they're in the position.

IMO, he's carried a shitty roster in Dallas for the past 3 or 4 years.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
The issue is that the line isn't gelling, Hemingway hasn't seperated himself and Fasano has barely been on the field.

Alex Smith is a limited game manager but he's even more limited when the line sucks and there's no one to catch the ball.The line was adequate from about midway through the 1st quarter Sunday, Hemingway isn't going to get a real shot because they keep throwing the useless midget on the field, and Fasano will hopefully be back Sunday.

And Alex Smith's problems right now appear primarily to be his own. His accuracy has abandoned him, and he's so risk-averse that he's not giving anyone a chance to catch the ball.

I'm also sure there's more to it, since I also don't know what routes are being run, or what the comfort level is between receivers and QB. But he's the guy they traded for and he's the guy they've made the face of the team, so he gets to shoulder the load. It's part of the job, as much as we try to make it everyone's fault but his.

Chiefshrink
10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't like Tony Romo. At all. I think he's overhyped and has done little of real substantial note in the league. But I also find it funny how people point about the int while ignoring the 500 yards and 5 TDs that were the only reason Dallas was even in the game at all in the first place.

Romo is Brett Favre without the big wins plain and simple.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
The line was adequate from about midway through the 1st quarter Sunday, Hemingway isn't going to get a real shot because they keep throwing the useless midget on the field, and Fasano will hopefully be back Sunday.

And Alex Smith's problems right now appear primarily to be his own. His accuracy has abandoned him, and he's so risk-averse that he's not giving anyone a chance to catch the ball.

I'm also sure there's more to it, since I also don't know what routes are being run, or what the comfort level is between receivers and QB. But he's the guy they traded for and he's the guy they've made the face of the team, so he gets to shoulder the load. It's part of the job, as much as we try to make it everyone's fault but his.

First off, I've never excused Smith. He had an awful game on Sunday.

But it's been clear since the Dallas game that the interior line is struggling to pas protect and open holes for Charles. Fisher has been awful and the team rarely runs to the right side of the line.

Losing Fasano was a killer, especially coupled with the loss of Kelce.

All of these factors have further exposed Smith, which is why the team is struggling offensively.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:48 PM
But in the end, as he's proven so many times, it doesn't matter how many yards and TD's, he inevitably costs Dallas the big win.You're not going to win many games when you give up 51. He's sort of the one legged-man that lost the ass-kicking contest.

Here's an interesting question to ponder: what would the Chiefs record be with Tony Romo? Would he have cost them games to this point because of his predilection towards head-scratching picks? Or is the defense good enough that it wouldn't matter? Would the offense be scoring more? And have we won games because of key plays by Alex Smith that could only be made by Alex Smith? Has he been a difference maker in the 6-0 start beyond "he doesn't turn it over"?

Deberg_1990
10-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Ive been very disappointed in the O-line. It feels like almost every pass play Smith is under pressure or rushed.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2013, 08:51 PM
You're not going to win many games when you give up 51. He's sort of the one legged-man that lost the ass-kicking contest.

Here's an interesting question to ponder: what would the Chiefs record be with Tony Romo? Would he have cost them games to this point because of his predilection towards head-scratching picks? Or is the defense good enough that it wouldn't matter? Would the offense be scoring more? And have we won games because of key plays by Alex Smith that could only be made by Alex Smith? Has he been a difference maker in the 6-0 start beyond "he doesn't turn it over"?

i go back in forth on Romo....but im mostly with Dane. It doesnt matter if he threw 5 passes a game or 50, he would find a way to screw up at a critical point in the game.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Ive been very disappointed in the O-line. It feels like almost every pass play Smith is under pressure or rushed.

I feel like we have lightweight guys who would have been fine zone blocking running a power scheme. Strangely, Fisher is one of those guys, and he's a Dorsey guy.

Bulk Fisher up and phase our interior line out of the offense.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 08:52 PM
i go back in forth on Romo....but im mostly with Dane. It doesnt matter if he threw 5 passes a game or 50, he would find a way to screw up at a critical point in the game.I'm not a fan of Romo either. I wouldn't have signed him were he available. But that wasn't the question.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Until he throws the inevitable back breaking INT
Hard to have too many back breaking INTs if you're blowing teams out due to the combination of a great offense and an elite defense.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm not a fan of Romo either. I wouldn't have signed him were he available. But that wasn't the question.

ok, well yes.....there have been a couple of games where Alex came through in the clutch. hit a key pass or TD in crunch time.

Romo has had a 13 win season and an 11 win season. So he is capable of heading a playoff team. Other than that, hes been pretty mediocre as far as win/losses.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 08:56 PM
51 points.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Jesus, KCCBarry is a full fucking retard.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:04 PM
You're not going to win many games when you give up 51. He's sort of the one legged-man that lost the ass-kicking contest.

Considering they'd actually have an offense that can move the ball and put points on the board rather than whatever it is they employ for an offense right now, it's pretty safe to assume they'd be 6-0 with a top 10 QB (whether it be Romo or anybody else in that range).

But maybe I'm just ignoring Alex Smith's incredible leadership qualities that allow him to exude confidence and provide the rest of the team with a winning mindset.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Romo has has a 13 win season and an 11 win season. So he is capable of heading a playoff team. Other than that, hes been pretty mediocre as far as win/losses.
You mean Dallas has been. Teams win football games, not players.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2013, 09:08 PM

Yea, i agree. Team sport, no doubt. Romo carries them most of the time. But he does have a tendency to choke at the wrong times. He would have been better off in a stronger organization. Dallas has been thoroughly mediocre for 17 years because the GM refuses to fire himself. Not that i care. : )

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:14 PM

Bullshit.

Romo has been directly responsive for their losses.

You're talking out of your ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Romo is the most talented choke-artist in the league.

No wonder Hootie loves him.

KcMizzou
10-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Ive been very disappointed in the O-line. It feels like almost every pass play Smith is under pressure or rushed.The game started with a sack. And he looked scared in the pocket after that.

I thought he settled down a little in the 2nd half. Much better. Maybe it was the O-line getting their shit together, but it was better.

And of course the D just got nuts.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:18 PM

Romo has had Bill Parcells, Sean Payton, Bill Callahan and Jason Garrett in his ear for the past decade. That's a pretty goddamned good list of coaches, all of whom have been a part of Super Bowl teams and offenses.

Romo is who he is: A QB that shines without pressure but breaks in mid-air when pressure is applied.

Everyone has seen it again and again and again and again.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Bullshit.

Romo has been directly responsive for their losses.

You're talking out of your ass.
Laughable stuff from you as usual. Dallas is a flawed team and has been for as long as Romo has been there. That's an irrefutable fact. There's nothing he could have done to make them a SB contender, nor was he at fault for his team allowing 51 ****ing points a week and a half ago against the Denver Broncos.

Romo has some flaws himself (which is why he's not considered to be in the true upper echelon despite his elite stats/skills), but he's on a completely different level as a QB than a guy like Alex Smith.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Considering they'd actually have an offense that can move the ball and put points on the board rather than whatever it is they employ for an offense right now, it's pretty safe to assume they'd be 6-0 with a top 10 QB (whether it be Romo or anybody else in that range).

But maybe I'm just ignoring Alex Smith's incredible leadership qualities that allow him to exude confidence and provide the rest of the team with a winning mindset.

You're definitely ignoring the fact that Romo shits himself at every turn.

Did you happen to miss their 13-3 season in which they got there on the back of Wade Phillips defense, only to shit the bed in the playoffs?

mattschiefs
10-16-2013, 09:22 PM

It has seemed that way

I think the O line and their struggles is part of why Alex struggled against Oakland. He let it get in his head and he was rushing at times when he didn't need to rush so he was missing throws. That's not an excuse for Alex it's his fault he let that get in his head not the O lines.

Alex hasn't been as bad as some make it sound. The haters are jumping on his horrible game against Oakland but go look at the game logs. He has put up a lot of yards. What the haters have neglected to bring up is his running the ball. If you count that he has been over 300 yards of offense twice and over 250 yards twice more. He hasn't been great by any means and there are for sure things he has to get better at. But he hasn't been as bad as people are making it out to be.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Romo has had Bill Parcells, Sean Payton, Bill Callahan and Jason Garrett in his ear for the past decade. That's a pretty goddamned good list of coaches, all of whom have been a part of Super Bowl teams and offenses.

Romo is who he is: A QB that shines without pressure but breaks in mid-air when pressure is applied.

Everyone has seen it again and again and again and again.
If it weren't for one SB win, clowns like you probably would be saying the same thing about Peyton Manning.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
ok, well yes.....there have been a couple of games where Alex came through in the clutch. hit a key pass or TD in crunch time.

Romo has has a 13 win season and an 11 win season. So he is capable of heading a playoff team Other than that, hes been pretty mediocre as far as win/losses.Yeah, I don't want this to sound like I'm a big Romo homer or something. I don't disagree with anything Dane says about him. At all. But at the same time I'm guessing they'd have at worst 4 or 5 wins with him behind center, if not the same 6. And I have a suspicion that while they might have more turnovers (and hence risk giving up a few more points) they might also be scoring more.

I'm not as sold on "clutch" Alex Smith, because I tend to think the plays he's not making the rest of the game balance out the handful he's made at the end (or think about that the other way around, it sounds less negative that way). A statement that I contend applies to the offense as a whole. I think great for half a quarter, even if it's the fourth, paired with awful for 3.5 quarters makes for an overall "ugh".

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Laughable stuff from you as usual.

Go fuck your mother, you fucking sack of shit.

Dallas is a flawed team and has been for as long as Romo has been there. That's an irrefutable fact.

LMAO

So, when Bill Parcells plucked him as an undrafted free agent, coached him up with Sean Payton for two years and unleashed him in his first starting season, Dallas has been flawed?

LMAO

Who's fault was it against Seattle that the snap was bobbled, sending them home?

There's nothing he could have done to make them a SB contender, nor was he at fault for his team allowing 51 ****ing points a week and a half ago against the Denver Broncos.

LMAO

More fucking, stupid, asinine bullshit.

Are we to believe that when the Cowboys went 13-3, mainly on the backs of Wade Phillips defense, that the Cowboys weren't Super Bowl contenders?

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Romo has some flaws himself (which is why he's not considered to be in the true upper echelon despite his elite stats/skills),

What are his flaws? Why do the Cowboys continually shit the bed? Care to explain?

but he's on a completely different level as a QB than a guy like Alex Smith.
No one but you is comparing him to Alex Smith.

Buttfuck.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:29 PM
You're definitely ignoring the fact that Romo shits himself at every turn.

If he was what you say he is, how is it possible that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL since he entered the league? Wouldn't this choking bear itself out statistically?

Did you happen to miss their 13-3 season in which they got there on the back of Wade Phillips defense, only to shit the bed in the playoffs?
I didn't miss anything. The Cowboys won their first playoff game over the Eagles at home (in which Romo played a great game) that season before losing to a superior Vikings team on the road. There was nothing surprising about it, nor should that season be any kind of indictment against Romo. Dallas accomplished what they should have and Romo himself did more than fine, especially when you consider it was his first full season as a starter.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:30 PM
If it weren't for one SB win, clowns like you probably would be saying the same thing about Peyton Manning.

Go fuck yourself.

But in all honestly, I'm guessing you can't even do that.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
If he was what you say he is, how is it possible that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL since he entered the league? Wouldn't this choking bear itself out statistically?

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

The guy hasn't won SHIT.

Get back to us when he actually WINS SOMETHING.

DeezNutz
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
It sure does seem that Romo comes up small in crucial moments, but damn if I wouldn't trade Alex Smith for him in a fucking second.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I didn't miss anything. The Cowboys won their first playoff game over the Eagles at home (in which Romo played a great game) that season before losing to a superior Vikings team on the road. There was nothing surprising about it, nor should that season be any kind of indictment against Romo. Dallas accomplished what they should have and Romo himself did more than fine, especially when you consider it was his first full season as a starter.

First full season?

How many fucking chromosomes are you missing?

He'd been a starter since 2004. They beat the Eagles in 2009.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:34 PM
It sure does seem that Romo comes up small in crucial moments, but damn if I wouldn't trade Alex Smith for him in a fucking second.

Fantasy Football strikes again!

Mav
10-16-2013, 09:34 PM

Why?

Well, why don't the packers, and Cowboys go get a defense like the Chiefs.

I mean, you make it sound so easy. Just GO DO IT.

The fact is, it isn't that easy. Also, trying to TRACK meet with the BRONCOS, I stated a long time ago was a STUPID IDEA. You saw how that worked out for the Cowboys. yet you saw when the Jags slowed them down, how even though they are pathetically weak talent wise, they were able to go out physical them for most of the game. That is how you are going to beat the Broncos. Trying to outscore them, isn't going to work.

But, per the usual, you completely missed the MARK.

Mav
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
It sure does seem that Romo comes up small in crucial moments, but damn if I wouldn't trade Alex Smith for him in a ****ing second.

Id take Romo in quarters 1-3 over Alex Smith.

No way in hell do I want Romo anywhere near my offense in a crucial situation in the 4th quarter though.

DeezNutz
10-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Fantasy Football strikes again!

Not really. Alex Smith just fucking sucks; it's not any more complicated than that.

Mav
10-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Not really. Alex Smith just ****ing sucks; it's not any more complicated than that.

:)

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Not really. Alex Smith just fucking sucks; it's not any more complicated than that.

Alex Smith isn't Matt Cassel. He's not Geno Smith.

While he's certainly not putting up historic numbers, he's also not putting his team in bad situations, nor is he turning the ball over at crucial times.

You need to get over it, Dude. Alex Smith is who he is and he's not going anywhere.

DeezNutz
10-16-2013, 09:45 PM

While he's certainly not putting up historic numbers, he's also not putting his team in bad situations, nor is he turning the ball over at crucial times.

You need to get over it, Dude. Alex Smith is who he is and he's not going anywhere.

Well, you're right that I probably need to get over it, but then I watch him play on Sundays and have renewed anger.

I completely disagree that he's not putting the team in bad situations, and last Sunday was a perfect illustration of this. The game was in doubt as long as it was, in large part, because Smith was garbage.

Yeah, the line play needs to be better (and it damn well should be better), but Smith gets more blame because more is (rightfully) expected of him.

Fisher is a very close second. Anyway, both are going to be in KC for the next 3-4 years for sure.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Go **** your mother, you ****ing sack of shit.

Amazing level of ignorance and so consistently from you on this board. It truly is.

So, when Bill Parcells plucked him as an undrafted free agent, coached him up with Sean Payton for two years and unleashed him in his first starting season, Dallas has been flawed?

Yes, Dallas has been flawed over the last 7 seasons. They've never been a legit SB contender and that has very little to do with anything Tony Romo has done with them (which, on the whole, has been very good).

Who's fault was it against Seattle that the snap was bobbled, sending them home?

A bobbled snap has nothing to do with Romo's QB ability, not that Dallas would have likely advanced any further than that considering they were a 9-7 team lucky to even be in the playoffs (due largely to the offense being the 4th most productive in the league, I should add).

Are we to believe that when the Cowboys went 13-3, mainly on the backs of Wade Phillips defense, that the Cowboys weren't Super Bowl contenders?
Dallas scored the 2nd most points in the league that season. Their defense allowed the 13th most. But yeah, that was all "on the backs of Wade Phillips' defense." Romo ****ing carried that team.

What are his flaws?

Like Favre, Romo has a tendency to go for the big play and can often make mistakes because of it. But no more often than many other QBs in the league (including those often held up to be some of the greatest of all time).

Why do the Cowboys continually shit the bed? Care to explain?

Over the last 4 seasons, it's mostly because they haven't been a particularly good team. Before that, it was mostly because teams were better than them and beat them in a home game.

No one but you is comparing him to Alex Smith.

Try reading the thread again, dipshit. I actually specifically addressed a post that was comparing Romo and Smith.

Butt****.
Clown.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Per Espn's Page 2 Tuesday Morning Quarterback:

It's been a bit over a year since Alex Smith has lost.
26-5-1 in his last 32- a stat that had been pointed out originally in his last 30 games, but obviously is updated with his current winning streak.

I guess the old saying, " It's better to be lucky than good ", is playing itself out.

I almost dare not to even mention it for fear of jinxing it, but I would be on cloud 9 if there was some way to face Denver and beat them in heartbreaking fashion as payback for 97.

That game goes down as my saddest loss in KCsportsfan growing up, followed by the Indy Elliott Nightmare loss.

Not since 97 have the fan bases both been as geeked about their own team at the same time. I want to twist the knife back and exercise that demon, and the rest of the playoff demons off this franchise's back.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:49 PM
First full season?

Yes, 2007 was Romo's first full season as a starter. He took over Bledsoe's job halfway through 2006.

How many ****ing chromosomes are you missing?

Much less than you apparently, Dane.

He'd been a starter since 2004.

Check again. It was 2006.

You don't even know what the **** you're talking about.
I admit, I did mix up one of Dallas' many underachieving, flawed teams for a second there, but this is some irony.

Mav
10-16-2013, 09:51 PM
KC connection.

I am not attacking you, so lets stay away from the name calling.

But, Tony Romo has been instrumental in the failure of the Cowboys.

Too many choke jobs like the one against Denver. Including two last season when they had games won, and lost because of his costly mistakes.

he plays great in the first three quarters, but he is terrified of having to make a play when its needed.

he has far too much talent around him to be this insignificant when it matters.

He is a really good qb, but what good is a qb that always comes up small when it matters?

They have as much if not more offensive Talent than anyone in the league save the Broncos, Saints, or Packers.

Their defense isn't trash either.

Their owner is a huge problem, their coach is a dumbass, but just like with the Chiefs offense, where there is blame for everyone, but at the end of the day, your team goes, as your qb goes.

keg in kc
10-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, you're right that I probably need to get over it, but then I watch him play on Sundays and have renewed anger.

I completely disagree that he's not putting the team in bad situations, and last Sunday was a perfect illustration of this. The game was in doubt as long as it was, in large part, because Smith was garbage.

Yeah, the line play needs to be better (and it damn well should be better), but Smith gets more blame because more is (rightfully) expected of him.

Fisher is a very close second. Anyway, both are going to be in KC for the next 3-4 years for sure.He's certainly not putting his team into good positions, that's for sure.

I'm fine with Alex Smith, game manager, at quarterback if he's actually, you know, managing games. I mean, that's what we have, so make the best of it.

But he's not managing games. Not so far.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:53 PM
WHO GIVES A ****?

Yeah, **** the facts! Romo being the best 4th quarter QB in the league statistically? Irrelevant information when it doesn't back up my argument!

You're a clown, Dane.

The guy hasn't won SHIT.

Because of his team.

Get back to us when he actually WINS SOMETHING.
Going to be hard to do that as long as he's playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 09:56 PM

You're right about that much. He's the guy that's going to hold this organization back from getting anywhere near the SB over the next few seasons.

DeezNutz
10-16-2013, 09:56 PM
He's certainly not putting his team into good positions, that's for sure.

I'm fine with Alex Smith, game manager, at quarterback if he's actually, you know, managing games. I mean, that's what we have, so make the best of it.

Pretty much. "Game manager" doesn't have to be a terrible thing. Hell, Green fits into this category, so there are definitely different tiers that one can occupy within this space.

Smith is protecting the football (some fortuitous bounces not withstanding), but he takes the offense off the field incredibly quickly. Points are pretty cool and decently important in contributing to the whole "winning" thing, but I'd take sustaining a few drives at this point.

The defense and the security blanket of JC are far too overworked at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Can't sustain shit, that boy.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2013, 09:58 PM
I think part of the unease of the offense is squarely due to the fact that in many people's minds they are looking ahead - specifically to an offense like Denver.

Feeling unsure that this team will be able to hold them to less than around 28-32 points, because they're gonna score and Manning gets calls or special treatment by the zebras, so this offense should target 35 points - or a bit above their hoped avg of say 24-28 we'd hope they can score on offense, not including D/ST scores.

Mav
10-16-2013, 09:59 PM
He's certainly not putting his team into good positions, that's for sure.

I don't think that's fair at all.

You have a point the last two weeks. But he was the very epitome of "game manager" the first four weeks.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:00 PM
You're right about that much. He's the guy that's going to hold this organization back from getting anywhere near the SB over the next few seasons.

Don't agree. At all.

Its hilarious though, that you will scape goat the ENTIRE Dallas team, but you single out alex smith like the rest of the offense has been perfect.

Oh, and before you start on me, Alex Smith has been awful the last two weeks.

But, none of the offense all season besides Charles has held their own with ANYONE.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Pretty much. "Game manager" doesn't have to be a terrible thing. Hell, Green fits into this category, so there are definitely different tiers that one can occupy within this space.

Smith is protecting the football (some fortuitous bounces not withstanding), but he takes the offense off the field incredibly quickly. Points are pretty cool and decently important in contributing to the whole "winning" thing, but I'd take sustaining a few drives at this point.

The defense and the security blanket of JC are far too overworked at this point.
Why sustain drives when you can just go three and out, punt, then force a turnover on defense, though?

Smith knows how to win.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:02 PM
I think part of the unease of the offense is squarely due to the fact that in many people's minds they are looking ahead - specifically to an offense like Denver.

Feeling unsure that this team will be able to hold them to less than around 28-32 points, because they're gonna score and Manning gets calls or special treatment by the zebras, so this offense should target 35 points - or a bit above their hoped avg of say 24-28 we'd hope they can score on offense, not including D/ST scores.

There is no chance the Broncos will put up more on the Chiefs than they did the Jags. Welker hates physical play. Peyton Manning hates physical play, Eric Decker hates physical play.

They have almost no chance.

That will be a 20-13 ish type game at Denver. I could see KC blowing them completely out in KC.

Peyton is great, but once you rattle him, he has a hard time overcoming it.

Check the playoff game where he threw three picks to Ty Law if you want to understand what I mean. Also check his super bowl against the Saints. They started rattling him early, and he never got out of it.

Sorter
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Don't agree. At all.

Its hilarious though, that you will scape goat the ENTIRE Dallas team, but you single out alex smith like the rest of the offense has been perfect.

Oh, and before you start on me, Alex Smith has been awful the last two weeks.

But, none of the offense all season besides Charles has held their own with ANYONE.

Anthony Sherman is unhappy with this post.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, **** the facts! Romo being the best 4th quarter QB in the league statistically? Irrelevant information when it doesn't back up my argument!

You're a clown, Dane.

Because of his team.

Going to be hard to do that as long as he's playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

Yeah, 13-3 on the back of an awesome defense isn't enough for poor little Tony.

You're an assclown. Stick to sucking off Bill Self.

DeezNutz
10-16-2013, 10:04 PM

I have no idea how the WRs have performed, since I haven't been to Arrowhead this year and Smith never involves them.

I do know a great deal about what 5 yards from the line of scrimmage looks like, though.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I have no idea how the WRs have performed, since I haven't been to Arrowhead this year and Smith never involves them.

I do know a great deal about what 5 yards from the line of scrimmage looks like, though.

understood. And if you have been paying attention this week, I have been BLASTING Alex Smith. His performance the past two weeks is unacceptable.

But, I have no problem saying the offense has been bad period, while also noting that perhaps improved qb play could fix a lot of ills.

Mav
10-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Anthony Sherman is unhappy with this post.

a pitiful omission on my part.

Btw. I am honored by thy Signature.

Well played sir.....

Simply Red
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM

Knile will break one soon ya'll.

Nightfyre
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Are we seriously discussing the merits of Tony Romo on our forum?

Sorter
10-16-2013, 10:11 PM

Well played sir.....

http://media.tumblr.com/1723b738c3baf2d0cf1bf197c1211db1/tumblr_inline_mtzri3fiAO1rg6ns6.gif

Simply Red
10-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Are we seriously discussing the merits of Tony Romo on our forum?

huge Tony Romo cock gobblers on this site, always have been.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2013, 10:18 PM
There is no chance the Broncos will put up more on the Chiefs than they did the Jags. Welker hates physical play. Peyton Manning hates physical play, Eric Decker hates physical play.

They have almost no chance.

That will be a 20-13 ish type game at Denver. I could see KC blowing them completely out in KC.

Peyton is great, but once you rattle him, he has a hard time overcoming it.

Check the playoff game where he threw three picks to Ty Law if you want to understand what I mean. Also check his super bowl against the Saints. They started rattling him early, and he never got out of it.

I hope so. It still doesn't temper my desire to see the offense run a bit smoother and score a bit more on average to have a bit more wiggle room, and feel a bit more confident.
I still think it works out that we end up with a split and the home team gets the W, so I hope we keep taking care of business because the remaining schedule for both teams I think slightly favors us being able to secure winning the division- but there's a lot of unknown variable to say that edge may be slim at best.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah, 13-3 on the back of an awesome defense isn't enough for poor little Tony.

2006 Cowboys: 4th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2007 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 13th in points allowed.
2008 Cowboys: 18th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2009 Cowboys: 14th in points scored, 2nd in points allowed.
2010 Cowboys: 7th in points scored, 31st in points allowed.
2011 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 16th in points allowed.
2012 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 24th in points allowed.
2013 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 21st in points allowed.

Of the 7 seasons that Romo has been a starter, Dallas only had a good defense in one of those seasons (2009). In every single other season, the offense has outperformed the defense (while being an elite offense in four of the seasons: 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013). But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

Stick to sucking off Bill Self.
It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find) or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

Both outlandish opinions certainly do make me laugh, though, clown.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:24 PM
2006 Cowboys: 4th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2007 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 13th in points allowed.
2008 Cowboys: 18th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2009 Cowboys: 14th in points scored, 2nd in points allowed.
2010 Cowboys: 7th in points scored, 31st in points allowed.
2011 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 16th in points allowed.
2012 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 24th in points allowed.
2013 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 21st in points allowed.

Of the 7 seasons that Romo has been a starter, Dallas only had a good defense in one of those seasons (2009). In every single other season, the offense has outperformed the defense (while being an elite offense in four of the seasons: 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013). But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find) or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

JFC. A good, old fashioned Cowboys apologist.

Go fuck yourself, moron.

No one here gives a fuck about the Cowboys.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Not many give a fuck about Smith at this point either, to be honest.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:30 PM
JFC. A good, old fashioned Cowboys apologist.

WTF? How am I a Cowboys apologist for pointing out that their defense has largely sucked over Romo's seven years as a QB? For pointing out that the Cowboys are horribly flawed and have been for quite some time now?

This is just another attempt by you to ignore the actual fact of the matter, allowing you to continue talking out of your ass about whatever ridiculous, baseless belief you might have.

No one here gives a **** about the Cowboys.
You don't, that's become quite clear in this thread by all the misinformation you're spewing about them.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:32 PM
But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

Why were they only able to score 3 points versus the Vikings in the 2009 playoffs? Is that the fault of the defense?

It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find)

Go ahead and quote where I "apologized" for Alex Smith's poor play the past two weeks, dumbfuck.

or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

Unlike you, Buttfuck, I actually attended KU and receive requests for donations each year.

And unlike you, I was fucking pissed off beyond belief when Self lost in the first round of the NCAA playoffs to dickbag teams like Bucknell and Bradley.

But since you suck cock for a living, I'm sure it didn't bother you a bit. You're used to people shitting on you when you least expect it.

That's because you're certified retard.

Sorter
10-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Why were they only able to score 3 points versus the Vikings in the 2009 playoffs? Is that the fault of the defense?

Go ahead and quote where I "apologized" for Alex Smith's poor play the past two weeks, dumbfuck.

Unlike you, Buttfuck, I actually attended KU and receive requests for donations each year.

And unlike you, I was fucking pissed off beyond belief when Self lost in the first round of the NCAA playoffs to dickbag teams like Bucknell and Bradley.

But since you suck cock for a living, I'm sure it didn't bother you a bit. You're used to people shitting on you when you least expect it.

Spit Hendricks out at this one. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2013, 10:38 PM

Well played sir.....

http://media.tumblr.com/1723b738c3baf2d0cf1bf197c1211db1/tumblr_inline_mtzri3fiAO1rg6ns6.gif

This dude

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:41 PM

Considering they allowed 34 points that game, yeah, that loss was partially on their defense. Romo played a poor game, but Dallas got beat by a better team on the road, there was nothing all that surprising about it.

Go ahead and quote where I "apologized" for Alex Smith's poor play the past two weeks, dumb****.

Seriously? All you do is defend his mediocrity. As if he's somehow any significant part of why the Chiefs are 6-0. You've even been doing it throughout this thread.

Unlike you, Butt****, I actually attended KU and receive requests for donations each year.

I attended KU for 6 years. Try again, clown.

And unlike you, I was ****ing pissed off beyond belief when Self lost in the first round of the NCAA playoffs to dickbag teams like Bucknell and Bradley.

Such is the nature of a one-off, 64 team crapshoot. You're going to have a few upsets every once in a while when you're always good. But I'm not going to bother explaining how KU has been the most successful program in the sport since 2003 (considering both the regular season and the post season) to a guy who clearly lacks the perspective needed to understand such a fact in the first place.

Yeah, I think Alex Smith is a mediocre QB and Bill Self is a great college basketball coach. Some real retarded opinions there!

Please stop, Dane, before you embarrass yourself any further.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Considering they allowed 34 points that game, yeah, that loss was partially on their defense. Romo played a poor game, but Dallas got beat by a better team on the road, there was nothing all that surprising about it.

LMAO

Apologist.

Seriously? All you do is defend his mediocrity. As if he's somehow any significant part of why the Chiefs are 6-0. You've even been doing in throughout this thread.

Bullshit. Quote me, Fuckbag or shut the fuck up.

I attended KU for 6 years. Try again, clown.

Six years with no degree, I assume.

Such is the nature of a one-off, 64 team crapshoot. You're going to have a few upsets every once in a while. But I'm not going to bother explaining how KU has been the most successful program in the sport since 2003 (considering both the regular season and the post season) to a guy who clearly lacks the perspective needed to understand such a fact in the first place.

Apologist

Yeah, I think Alex Smith is a mediocre QB and Bill Self is a great college basketball coach. Some real retarded opinions there!

Please stop, clown, before you embarrass yourself any further.

The only person that's been embarrassed is you.

Tony Romo was directly responsible for the WC loss against Seattle.

The Cowboys were 13-3 with home field and lost in the first round.

They could only score 3 points in a DIVISIONAL MATCH UP.

They haven't done dick since and they're on their way to their usual lame ass record.

You can defend your lover all you want but it doesn't excuse him from being a choker.

Sorter
10-16-2013, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Sorter;10092859]

This dude

Loki?

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:52 PM
LMAO
Apologist.

No, Dane, unlike you I deal in facts, not bullshit. Dallas has been a tremendously flawed team with a poor defense for nearly the entirety of Romo's run there. While you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore that, he's not to blame for them not being a success. In fact, he should be credited with keeping them as mediocre as he has.

Bullshit. Quote me, ****bag or shut the **** up.

Now you're really going to deny that you're a Smith apologist? Come on, now. LMAO

Six years with no degree, I assume.

Two actually.

Tony Romo was directly responsible for the WC loss against Seattle.

The Cowboys were 13-3 with home field and loss in the first round.

They could only score 3 points in a DIVISIONAL MATCH UP.

All losses and seasons that had much more to do with the rest of those mediocre teams than anything Romo did.

They haven't done dick since and they're on their way to their usual lame ass record.

Because they don't play defense and haven't for four seasons now. Again, not Romo's fault.

You can defend your lover all you want but it doesn't excuse him from being a choker.
Three playoff losses while quarterbacking flawed teams doesn't really suggest such a thing. The fact that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the sport since he arrived even suggests the opposite.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:54 PM
No, Dane, unlike you I deal in facts, not bullshit. Dallas has been a tremendously flawed team with a poor defense for nearly the entirety of Romo's run there. While you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore that, he's not to blame for them not being a success. In fact, he should be credited with keeping them as mediocre as he has.

Now you're really going to deny that you're a Smith apologist? Come on, now. LMAO

Two actually.

All losses and seasons that had much more to do with the rest of those mediocre teams than anything Romo did.

Because they don't play defense and haven't for four seasons now. Again, not Romo's fault.

Three playoff losses while quarterbacking flawed teams doesn't really suggest such a thing. The fact that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the sport since he arrived even suggests the opposite.

Hitler would be embarrassed if you had worked for him.

JFC.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Hitler would be embarrassed if you had worked for him.

JFC.
From the guy who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback and Bill Self is a bad basketball coach everyone!

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 10:57 PM
From the guy who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback and Bill Self is a bad basketball coach everyone!

Your ass must hurt from all the bullshit it's sprayed this evening.

Good luck with that.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Your ass must hurt from all the bullshit it's sprayed this evening.

Good luck with that.
Facts, Dane. You'd do well to use a few of them every now and then around here.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Facts, Dane. You'd do well to use a few of them every now and then around here.

LMAO

Go suck off Romo elsewhere, Dipshit

JENKINSWINS
10-16-2013, 11:12 PM

How many other QBs have gone 25-5-1 over the last 3 seasons? That's better than good. Who else had a losing record last year and is 6-0 this year? No one!

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 11:16 PM
LMAO

Go suck off Romo elsewhere, Dipshit
Keep living in your delusions, clown. Maybe Smith should even be coaching KU basketball with all his game managing ability and leadership qualities. That way we can kill two birds with one stone!

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 11:17 PM
How many other QBs have gone 25-5-1 over the last 3 seasons? That's better than good. Who else had a losing record last year and is 6-0 this year? No one!
The better question to ask is how many other QBs got the benefit of playing behind a top 2 defense over each of those 3 seasons.

JENKINSWINS
10-16-2013, 11:29 PM
The better question to ask is how many other QBs got the benefit of playing behind a top 2 defense over each of those 3 seasons.

Actually the better way to think about it is in those last 3 seasons both teams brought on new coaches one kept Smith and the other one did everything he could to get him. Looks like both made the right decisions. Stick to your day job and let these highly trained coaches do their jobs.

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Actually the better way to think about it is in those last 3 seasons both teams brought on new coaches one kept Smith and the other one did everything he could to get him. Looks like both made the right decisions. Stick to your day job and let these highly trained coaches do their jobs.
Smith has really propelled that Chiefs defense this year, hasn't he? I don't know where they'd be without him.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Keep living in your delusions, clown. Maybe Smith should even be coaching KU basketball with all his game managing ability and leadership qualities. That way we can kill two birds with one stone!

Could you be any fucking dumber?

And I'm LMAO that you're still butthurt over comments I made in 2005 about Bill Self.

Obsess much?

KC_Connection
10-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Could you be any ****ing dumber?

I don't know, I suppose I could be the guy saying that he wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Tony Romo and that Self is an underachiever of a college basketball coach. That'd be pretty fucking dumb.

And I'm LMAO that you're still butthurt over comments I made in 2005 about Bill Self.

Obsess much?
You're the one who brought up Bill Self here (for what reason, I'm not sure, as it certainly didn't enhance your already thin credibility).

I wouldn't have remembered your nonsensical opinion on that issue otherwise (which, apparently, you still maintain judging by your prolonged defense of it in this thread).

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't know, I suppose I could be the guy saying that he wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Tony Romo and that Self is an underachiever of a college basketball coach. That'd be pretty fucking dumb.

Tony Romo has won absolutely nothing. He isn't worth discussing and up until now, he's been one of the NFL's all-time unclutch players.

And Bill Self got his shit pushed in by Bradley and Bucknell.

You can make all the excuses you want but nothing you say or do can change history or facts.

Mav
10-17-2013, 12:20 AM

Im a tarheel guy, who hates Kansas. Love Roy Williams, but Self is a BEAST of a coach.

BEAST. Hell of a recruiter as well.

Mav
10-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Smith has really propelled that Chiefs defense this year, hasn't he? I don't know where they'd be without him.

You don't want to start this. I have stayed away from this conversation.

You really don't want to start this fight.

Just let it alone.

Alex Smith is a very big reason as to why the defense is what it is.

If the past two years in San Francisco didn't show you that, look at weeks two, and three for the 49ers this year, who tried to OPEN UP THE OFFENSE, and look how pitiful the defense looked.

Alex Smiths limitations aside. His ability to not turn the ball over, and to not put the defense in a position so they have to defend the short field, is A BIG REASON this defense is so special.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2013, 12:27 AM

Alex Smith has the good fortune of playing with the #1 defense.

He almost never has to play from behind.

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB. Right now he has the luxury of almost never having to fit the ball into a tight window when the team really needs it. He basically sat around with his thumb up his ass last game apart from one drive.

Shit, he's already had 6-7 INTs dropped this year. Those are going to be secured if he keeps it up.

Mav
10-17-2013, 12:28 AM

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB.

I agree with you.

But, his ability to not turn the ball over, and to allow the defense, and THE MVP to do their jobs, is a huge part of that.

You should have no problem agreeing with that. Even though, I know you want to.

keg in kc
10-17-2013, 12:31 AM
He's had several INTs dropped, and the team as a whole has had several fumbles go out of bounds. Fortune has definitely been smiling down on us. Karmic balancing-out from last season's horrors.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2013, 12:34 AM
I agree with you.

But, his ability to not turn the ball over, and to allow the defense, and THE MVP to do their jobs, is a huge part of that.

You should have no problem agreeing with that. Even though, I know you want to.

And the people who are impressed by that are the same people who praised Cassel in 2010. The guy had 4 INTs in the first 15 weeks of play. He was being compared to Tom Brady.

Mav
10-17-2013, 12:36 AM
And the people who are impressed by that are the same people who praised Cassel in 2010. The guy had 4 INTs in the first 15 weeks of play. He was being compared to Tom Brady.

There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel, and im not praising Alex Smith.

Simply stating that his style of play leaves opposing teams with LONG fields. Its very hard against a GREAT DEFENSE, to establish long drives over and over.

This has very little to do with anything Alex does, other than making sure drives end in either a fg, punt, or extra point.

That's ALL he has to do.

When you are playing the Chiefs, and you look up, and you have to go 80 yards on that defense, that is NOT an encouraging sight.

its just not.....

KC_Connection
10-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Tony Romo has won absolutely nothing.

Dallas has won nothing because they are consistently a horribly flawed football team (with those flaws mostly coming on defense). Teams win games, not individual players. You'd think you should have learned that much by watching these last six weeks of Chiefs football while Alex Smith played the role of "game manager (which has become just another way of saying he doesn't really do anything).

He isn't worth discussing

His presence alone would propel the Chiefs to be a top 10 offense. That, combined with their elite defense, would make them a SB contender. The same goes for any other QB of Romo's caliber (i.e. QBs better than Alex Smith, of which there are many).

and up until now, he's been one of the NFL's all-time unclutch players.

Except there is little basis to make that statement beyond 3 playoff losses on teams that were never going anywhere to begin with due to their inherent flaws. And as mentioned, there is considerable evidence to suggest the opposite (his 4th quarter stats and comeback record).

And Bill Self got his shit pushed in by Bradley and Bucknell.

And yet, despite these crapshoot losses (which are the norm for every other top basketball program if you actually took the time to look, see Kentucky and especially Duke), he's built the most successful program in the sport over the last decade with the most regular season and post-season success over that time. Only an absolute know-nothing, perspective-less moron would criticize Bill Self and the job he does. But I suppose that's you, isn't it?

KC_Connection
10-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Im a tarheel guy, who hates Kansas. Love Roy Williams, but Self is a BEAST of a coach.

BEAST. Hell of a recruiter as well.
Of course. You'd have to either be trolling or completely delusional to suggest differently. It's him, Coach K, and Cal at the top of college basketball right now and it likely will remain that way until they retire/move on to the NBA.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2013, 12:58 AM
There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel

Yes there is.

In 2010 Matt Cassel did a great job of protecting the ball.

He also could not throw down the field to save his life, the same as Alex.

It is almost exactly the same situation now, except Cassel was actually a more productive passer than Alex Smith that year.

Through six weeks that year, Cassel was:

91/153 (59.4%)
1,044 yards
6.8 YPA
11.4 YPC
9 TD
3 INT
91.5 rating

The Chiefs were averaging 21.5 OPPG (I took out defensive/special teams scores).

This year, through six weeks, Alex is:

122/216 (56.5%)
1,330 yards
6.2 YPA
10.9 YPC
7 TD
3 INT
79.8 rating

The Chiefs are averaging 19.5 OPPG this year.

Sure, the Chiefs were 4-2 that year. Why?

1. They lost to Peyton Manning.
2. They lost a game to a team that scored 35 points.

We're going to lose in the same situations with Alex as we did with Cassel in 2010. I guarantee you.

keg in kc
10-17-2013, 02:00 AM
There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel, and im not praising Alex Smith.

Simply stating that his style of play leaves opposing teams with LONG fields. Its very hard against a GREAT DEFENSE, to establish long drives over and over.

This has very little to do with anything Alex does, other than making sure drives end in either a fg, punt, or extra point.

That's ALL he has to do.

When you are playing the Chiefs, and you look up, and you have to go 80 yards on that defense, that is NOT an encouraging sight.

its just not.....I'll give you this much: you really get creative when it comes to painting his play so far this season as being beneficial in some random way.

Marcellus
10-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Laz is absolutely correct. We hold a two minute advantage in TOP.

That's ridiculously low considering the play of the defense.

Scoring 4 defensive TD's and a ST TD will skew that as well as it puts the defense right back on the field. Thats almost a drive per game so far where the offense didn't get the ball.

Marcellus
10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
We're going to lose in the same situations with Alex as we did with Cassel in 2010. I guarantee you.

That and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

BossChief
10-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Anyone else find it weird that Dane used to call for peoples heads that used a term like "no homo" after a post because of it's destructive nature towards the gay community, but nowadays seems to call people a cock sucker regularly.

Just thought that was odd, but oh well. Carry on, cock suckers.

BossChief
10-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Why sustain drives when you can just go three and out, punt, then force a turnover on defense, though?

Smith knows how to win.

ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
10-17-2013, 07:54 AM

links?

Bearcat
10-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes there is.

It is almost exactly the same situation now, except Cassel was actually a more productive passer than Alex Smith that year.

The Chiefs were averaging 21.5 OPPG (I took out defensive/special teams scores).

HUGE upgrade... what about the intangible stats? I'm sure Smith is way ahead in those.

petegz28
10-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Not having explosive players does not preclude an offense from being either efficient or productive.

Although, frankly, they do have explosive players. Avery certainly is. Christ, he's averaging 17 yards a catch. And he actually has been behind the defense a number of times, but Smith simply can't get the ball there. That has to be a major part of the problem at this point: when your QB physically can't throw a pass longer than about 30 yards, the defense doesn't have to work real hard to keep everything in front of them.

But I think the biggest problem right now, aside from the line play on the first three drives Sunday (which did clear up after that point) is that Smith has suddenly become wildly inaccurate. He's even missing on the short passes now.

Save the 40 yard bomb against Ten among a couple others

petegz28
10-17-2013, 08:03 AM
He's had several INTs dropped, and the team as a whole has had several fumbles go out of bounds. Fortune has definitely been smiling down on us. Karmic balancing-out from last season's horrors.

EVERY QB has had "several INT's dropped"

JFC....you guys act like you have never watched other teams

petegz28
10-17-2013, 08:05 AM

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB. Right now he has the luxury of almost never having to fit the ball into a tight window when the team really needs it. He basically sat around with his thumb up his ass last game apart from one drive.

Shit, he's already had 6-7 INTs dropped this year. Those are going to be secured if he keeps it up.

And the #1 defense has the fortune of playing with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and consistently put them in bad positions. It's all a cycle. One benfits from the other...thus it being called a team sport.

okcchief
10-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Alex Smith doesn't put the team in bad situations. That's really the only thing he's adding to the teams success. The offensive line isn't helping matters, but he's average at best. If Reid had a chance to trade for Romo he absolutely would. Jason Garrett and the Cowboys defense has more to do with their recent problems than Romo IMO. He's definately not good in the clutch, but I dont see how any Chief wouldn't drool at the thought of Reid working with a talent like that.

JENKINSWINS
10-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Alex Smith doesn't put the team in bad situations. That's really the only thing he's adding to the teams success. The offensive line isn't helping matters, but he's average at best. If Reid had a chance to trade for Romo he absolutely would. Jason Garrett and the Cowboys defense has more to do with their recent problems than Romo IMO. He's definately not good in the clutch, but I dont see how any Chief wouldn't drool at the thought of Reid working with a talent like that.

Hell, he better get Bryant and Witten while he's at it. Imagine the drooling that would happen with the thought of Reid working with talent like that.

Ace Gunner
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes there is.

then we are going to lose to the texans this weekend. and we'll lose to the raiders twice. and the Colts will win too.

sure.

JENKINSWINS
10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
then we are going to lose to the texans this weekend. and we'll lose to the raiders twice. and the Colts will win too.

sure.

Exactly, this year KC should only beat the same 2 teams they did last year.

Bearcat
10-17-2013, 10:04 AM

sure.

Yeah, that's what he meant. :facepalm:

NinerDoug
10-17-2013, 10:05 AM
And the #1 defense has the fortune of playing with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and consistently put them in bad positions. It's all a cycle. One benfits from the other...thus it being called a team sport.

I think your O is also pretty good in the time of possession battle, which your D would appreciate.

JENKINSWINS
10-17-2013, 10:15 AM
I think your O is also pretty good in the time of possession battle, which your D would appreciate.

If they can go into the bye healthy and come out of it even healthier. They should have plenty of time to watch film and see how to put people in better position to be effective in the offense. Using that time wisely will only help this young offense become better. Look how they were able to implement Chad Hall in the Titans game. I can see more of that coming up with others players. They just need the time to get it together. If they come out of the bye and they are still struggling, then maybe it's fair to hit the panic button.

FringeNC
10-17-2013, 10:15 AM

Equating outcomes in 2013 with outcomes in 2010, based solely on offense is crazy. Our D appears to be dominant now, it was only a little bit above average in 2010.

Sure, there's no doubt that right now, our offense is worse than it was in 2010, but I'd attribute that exclusively to how bad our O-line is playing. JC averaged 6.4 yards per carry in 2010. Simply unheard of. If JC averaged 6.4 yards this year, we'd be unbeatable. And he was not averaging 6.4 yards in 2010 because opposing Ds were scared of Matt Cassel.

Jakemall
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Save the 40 yard bomb against Ten among a couple others

Didn't happen. Didn't you read? He's not physically capable of throwing the ball that far.

Jakemall
10-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Are we limiting this comment to this year only?

The Franchise
10-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Are we allowed to include the 6 years that he completely fucking sucked?

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2013, 11:49 AM
links?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7196950&postcount=3

warrior
10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Are we allowing the 6 to 7 dropped touchdowns they were almost to.

Rausch
10-17-2013, 11:56 AM

No, go ahead and throw out your completely irrelevant playoff stats now...

Mav
10-17-2013, 11:59 AM
No, go ahead and throw out your completely irrelevant playoff stats now...

Don't need to.

For the most part, since Jim Harbaugh took over in SF, the 49ers rarely trailed by more than one score. And if they did, with the exception of Philly in 2011, the 49ers lost.

The point is, that with Alex Smith at qb, you are rarely trailing by more than a TD.

That's pretty much common knowledge.

Mav
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Of course. You'd have to either be trolling or completely delusional to suggest differently. It's him, Coach K, and Cal at the top of college basketball right now and it likely will remain that way until they retire/move on to the NBA.

Roy is in that conversation. And I don't think Cal is that great of a coach. he has a platinum tongue.....

mattschiefs
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Things the Smith haters don't want to talk about

When you look at his numbers Smith hasn't been nearly as bad as some think. What's not getting talked about is what he has done with his legs. When you take his rushing yards into account he has gone over 300 yards twice this year already. And even with the Horrible outing against the Raiders he is averaging over 250 yards a game. He has not been that bad. He had a horrible game against Oakland that people are jumping on. But overall he has had more good games then bad

Rausch
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Don't need to.

For the most part, since Jim Harbaugh took over in SF, the 49ers rarely trailed by more than one score. And if they did, with the exception of Philly in 2011, the 49ers lost.

Comforting...