PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The best play of the Raiders game.

Direckshun
10-17-2013, 08:52 AM
I've been watching Fisher incredibly closely, every down in the Oakland game, to diagnose what's wrong there. (Thread to come -- isn't that exciting!!?)

In doing so, I noticed this incredible play by a Kansas City Chief:

2:07 left in the 3rd quarter.

Score is 7-7.

1st & goal, on the Oakland 2.

Smith under center, I formation.

Charles runs the ball right up behind Asamoah and Fisher.

Major miscommunication here, though, as Asamoah neutralizes and erases the DT in front of him, but Fisher passes the DT in front of him to lay a hit at the second level, which erases the LB play, but it allows the DT to run into the backfield untouched.

I don't know if there was a miscommunication between Asamoah and Fisher, or if Fisher simply misread his assignment, or if Asamoah went for the wrong guy. The last option seems the most unlikely, as Fisher simply looks like the odd man out. Everybody has their man, except Fisher is darting into the second level to neutralize the LB at the goal line.

The DT he let through? 310 lb. Pat Sims, whose entire purpose on this defense is to stop the run. He can't pass-rush, his job is to be a big fatso and take up space and stop the run. And he has rushed, untouched, into the KC backfield.

Fortunately, Anthony Sherman is on the job.

Sherman makes an All Pro play, by landing a teeth-rattling block on Sims, neutralizing a DT that weighs at least 60 lbs more than him.

Charles gets past him unmolested, hits some resistance a yard shy of the goal line, and falls forward in for a touchdown.

RealSNR
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
I've been watching Fisher incredibly closely, every down in the Oakland game, to diagnose what's wrong there. (Thread to come -- isn't that exciting!!?)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZUQ1LXCA6t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Three7s
10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
More proof that Fisher has been awful, thanks.

Dunerdr
10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Maybe its designed that way? They have more faith in the sherminator than fish fried? Probably not just throwing shit against the wall.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2013, 09:01 AM
not bad

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/shermanblock.gif

Frosty
10-17-2013, 09:05 AM
The beard does a nice job of redirecting at the last second as he pulls around to get a block. It's funny to watch Woodson completely whiff too.

ILChief
But Javier Arenas...

RINGLEADER
not bad

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/shermanblock.gif

Fisher ends up on the ground and off-balance more than any O-Lineman I've ever seen.

Rain Man
Sherman is good. I wouldn't trade him for Tony Gonzalez.

Frosty
10-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Who is the extra tackle on the right that drives 99 back? Is that Schwartz?

seaofred
10-17-2013, 09:12 AM
nevermind.

Direckshun
10-17-2013, 09:17 AM

Yup.

Driving back Lamarr Houston.

O.city
10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
If Allen and the TE (mcGrath whos a shitty blocker) would have turned up into the hole, Charles walks in.

We blocked that pretty well actually.

Fairplay
10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Sherman the human fire hydrant.

Rain Man
10-17-2013, 09:19 AM

Wait a minute. Is Direckshun really describing Schwartz as the guy who went to the second level? It looks like Fisher is the guy who cuts in and pushes 94 out of the running lane.

O.city
10-17-2013, 09:20 AM
I almost wonder in 90 was supposed to be kicked out by the pulling guard, Allen, from the left.

Fairplay
10-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Maybe its designed that way?

I believe the play is designed that way.

LoneWolf
10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
This is why sites like PFF suck balls. Asamoah, Fisher, and Hudson all block down. Sims is intentionally let go. What Sims does after being let go determines who blocks him. If he penetrates quickly, then Sherman picks him up. If he holds his ground then Sherman blocks out on the LB and lets the pulling guard take Sims. This play is designed to have three blockers lead Charles through the hole, Sherman, Allen, and Duck Dynasty. Fisher makes it look bad because he left his feet trying to block down on the DT.

seaofred
10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Wait a minute. Is Direckshun really describing Schwartz as the guy who went to the second level? It looks like Fisher is the guy who cuts in and pushes 94 out of the running lane.

I think you are correct.

Brock
10-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Remember when people freaked out over trading Arenas?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Remember when Fisher came in as 1.1 pick, kicked ass, and didn't suck?

Yeah, me neither.

BlackHelicopters
10-17-2013, 10:08 AM

The Franchise
10-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Remember when the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

Dave Lane
10-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Fisher ends up on the ground and off-balance more than any O-Lineman I've ever seen.

It's not a risk.

Sorter
10-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I believe the play is designed that way.

yup.

ModSocks
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear that Charles wasn't molested. We don't wanna any 300lb men touching our star player's boy parts.

Saul Good
10-17-2013, 10:42 AM

In doing so, I noticed this incredible play by a Kansas City Chief:

2:07 left in the 3rd quarter.

Score is 7-7.

1st & goal, on the Oakland 2.

Smith under center, I formation.

Charles runs the ball right up behind Asamoah and Fisher.

Major miscommunication here, though, as Asamoah neutralizes and erases the DT in front of him, but Fisher passes the DT in front of him to lay a hit at the second level, which erases the LB play, but it allows the DT to run into the backfield untouched.

I don't know if there was a miscommunication between Asamoah and Fisher, or if Fisher simply misread his assignment, or if Asamoah went for the wrong guy. The last option seems the most unlikely, as Fisher simply looks like the odd man out. Everybody has their man, except Fisher is darting into the second level to neutralize the LB at the goal line.

The DT he let through? 310 lb. Pat Sims, whose entire purpose on this defense is to stop the run. He can't pass-rush, his job is to be a big fatso and take up space and stop the run. And he has rushed, untouched, into the KC backfield.

Fortunately, Anthony Sherman is on the job.

Sherman makes an All Pro play, by landing a teeth-rattling block on Sims, neutralizing a DT that weighs at least 60 lbs more than him.

Charles gets past him unmolested, hits some resistance a yard shy of the goal line, and falls forward in for a touchdown.

I'm afraid the only whiff here was your analysis...

WhitiE
10-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't even....

jd1020
10-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I can't wait to read the analysis on Fisher.

"The problem with Fisher is...

... he isn't good."

fan4ever
10-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I think I'll start a thread entitled "Worst thread about the Raiders game" in honor of this one.

HemiEd
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I think I'll start a thread entitled "Worst thread about the Raiders game" in honor of this one.

Actually I learned something, more than I can say for a lot of other threads.

tooge
10-17-2013, 10:51 AM
fisher did exactly as he was supposed to. He sealed the left side of the running lane. Sherman does exactly what he was supposed to, and seals the right side of the lane. Beardman screws up and goes after the wrong guy, then realizes at the last milisecond that he's missed his pulling assignment and redirects to the LB he was supposed to clear from the running lane. Learn some football before you post shit you have no idea what you are talking about.

saphojunkie
10-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Yep. Fisher actually does his job perfectly. Not that it was that difficult.

McGrath misses his block, proving once again that catches for first downs are nice, but there is a lot more that goes into the position than that.

We need Fasano back and at least one more legit TE.

The Franchise
10-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Yep. Fisher actually does his job perfectly. Not that it was that difficult.

McGrath misses his block, proving once again that catches for first downs are nice, but there is a lot more that goes into the position than that.

We need Fasano back and at least one more legit TE.

Perfectly? No. But he gets the job done.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2013, 11:25 AM
This is why sites like PFF suck balls. Asamoah, Fisher, and Hudson all block down. Sims is intentionally let go. What Sims does after being let go determines who blocks him. If he penetrates quickly, then Sherman picks him up. If he holds his ground then Sherman blocks out on the LB and lets the pulling guard take Sims. This play is designed to have three blockers lead Charles through the hole, Sherman, Allen, and Duck Dynasty. Fisher makes it look bad because he left his feet trying to block down on the DT.
this

Fisher basically seals the entire backside of the Dline. I think that's what he is supposed to do. It would have been better if he stayed on his feet but he got the job done.

Rausch
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
this

Fisher basically seals the entire backside of the Dline. I think that's what he is supposed to do. It would have been better if he stayed on his feet but he got the job done.

:hmmm:

patteeu
10-17-2013, 11:37 AM

You're taking a bit of a beating here, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm looking forward to your Fisher thread.

Rausch
10-17-2013, 11:39 AM
You're taking a bit of a beating here, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm looking forward to your Fisher thread.

His core and upper body strength sucks, his technique sucks, and he almost always waits for the rusher to engage instead of choosing when to put his hands on and attack.

(SPOILER: Fish is terrible with his hands.)

Saved you the trouble...

Saul Good
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Perfectly? No. But he gets the job done.

What more could you possibly ask of him there? He drive his man three yards from the play. I'm not saying it was difficult given the fact that the defender basically took himself out, but Fisher did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Sorter
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Just power with a TE pulling as well.

warrior
10-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Sherman is good. I wouldn't trade him for Tony Gonzalez.

Under rated for sure

Direckshun
10-19-2013, 04:55 PM

I am nothing if not a glutton for punishment.

People want to shit on me for talking football on a football board, that's their prerogative. I literally couldn't care less.

10-19-2013, 05:59 PM

People want to shit on me for talking football on a football board, that's their prerogative. I literally couldn't care less.

Meh, its the the people that think you live in DC. Keep it up. I like these threads.

RealSNR
10-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Anyone remember chiefsfan1963 and how fucking awful his threads were?

Yeah. I'll take Direckshun over that shit any day.

Sorter
10-19-2013, 06:13 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/coach-speak?vid=b0cda13d-53a6-4f21-91a6-c5d57d61bba5

This should help.

I don't know how to embed from their site.