PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More touches for Jamaal Charles

Mr. Laz
10-17-2013, 05:30 PM
They are going to ride him into the ground. :doh!:

Last year for Charles?

-----------
Chiefs to increase Jamaal Charles' touches 48m Why Alex Smith’s stats may increase soon
By LORENZO REYES
Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles is already one of the NFL’s most productive backs, but expect his numbers to increase.

Kansas City offensive coordinator Doug Pederson told the Kansas City Star’s Randy Covitz that Charles’ workload is likely to increase in the next couple of games.

“He’s a guy who steadily wants a little more each week, a little more responsibility, and the more he gets comfortable in our system and what we’re asking him to do, we’ll put a little more on his plate,” Pederson told Covitz.
“He’s so explosive, and we want to be able to use him in that fashion and create matchups in our favor.”

Charles is second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 775, behind only LeSean McCoy, who has 871. He ranks first in the NFL in touches with 347 (114 carries, 33 receptions) and also has seven touchdowns.

If Kansas City does give Charles an increased workload, it could open up the Chiefs offense for QB Alex Smith. It’s always odd when coaches indicate what their strategy might be for upcoming games, so this could be misdirection on Pederson’s part. If Charles does receive more carries, however, defenses may bring additional men into the box trying to neutralize him.

Smith, who is tied for third-worst among NFL starters in yards per completion with 6.2 yards, may have more chances to throw the ball downfield. WR Dwayne Bowe, who only has 229 yards and two touchdowns on 20 receptions, could be one of the bigger beneficiaries of Charles’ increase in touches.
What does Charles think about the larger workload?

“This is probably the best I’ve felt since week one,” hetold the Star. “I hope I can continue to feel like that. I’m not worrying about how many times I touch the ball. I’ve been doing this for years, and it doesn’t matter to me. As long as the ball is in my hand, I’m up for whatever.”

Larry Johnson set the single-season NFL record in rushing attempts in 2006 with 416 while in Kansas City. We don’t expect Charles to put up those numbers, but if the Chiefs coaches do increase his workload, he may be on the pace for MVP-caliber stats.

If that does happen, however, opposing defenses won’t be caught off guard. They’ll already know.

Cephalic Trauma
10-17-2013, 05:34 PM
I initially read this as "Man touches Jamaal Charles".

Deberg_1990
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Oh boy....this thread will end well!

KCrockaholic
10-17-2013, 05:36 PM
WTF

KCrockaholic
10-17-2013, 05:37 PM
The Kansas City Charles And D.

FlaChief58
10-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Enjoy Charles now, because if they keep this pace up, he wont be worth a shit next year

Contrarian
10-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Uh that is a misprint. It says 347 touches uh...114 + 33 isn't 347 dumbasses!

pr_capone
10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Enjoy Charles now, because if they keep this pace up, we wont be worth a shit next year

Dude... no sweat. We got Kniles Davis to pick up when Charles breaks down. He is gearing up with a solid 14 touches through 6 games. Oh, and his promise to never fumble again. Ehhh.... he gets a do-over.

If not... MJD may or may not be available for a song. SWEET.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
He's getting less than 20 carries a game. This isn't running LJ up the center's ass 30 times a game.

FlaChief58
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude... no sweat. We got Kniles "Fumble Monster w/12 touches through 6 games" Davis to pick up when Charles breaks down.

Whew, that makes me feel better...

Contrarian
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
He's getting less than 20 carries a game. This isn't running LJ up the center's ass 30 times a game.

Exactly!

Hammock Parties
10-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah I'm sure our OC is going to tip his gameplans in advance.

Dumbass Star.

We are playing shit teams...likely he will have fewer touches.

FlaChief58
10-17-2013, 05:46 PM

I hope you're right, but he's taking a lot of abuse and we know how fast the drop off happens with RB's

Bowser
10-17-2013, 05:47 PM
OH THE HORROR OF GETTING OUR MOST PRODUCTIVE OFFENSIVE PLAYER MORE TOUCHES

Pasta Little Brioni
10-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Has he even had 25 carries in a game yet? I remember he had like 35 against the Aints last year.

Ace Gunner
10-17-2013, 05:48 PM
wow!! 347 touches, already!?!?!?!?!?

:D

1.1 TD's / game is nice, would like to see his touches go up and his TD's avg closer to two/game would be awesome. he's a tough dude, he'll be happy as hell getting more of everything.

FlaChief58
10-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Has he even had 25 carries in a game yet? I remember he had like 35 against the Aints last year.

He's on pace for 304 rushes & 88 receptions for a total of 392 touches.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-17-2013, 05:53 PM
That's not bad really. Pretty balanced per game, not some insane workload game in there. Anything less than that, we'd be bitching.

FlaChief58
10-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Anything less than that, we'd be bitching.

True dat

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Hopefully his blisters are healing.

BossChief
10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah I'm sure our OC is going to tip his gameplans in advance.

Dumbass Star.

We are playing shit teams...likely he will have fewer touches.

He basically said:

We are going to kick the ever living shit out of the next 2 or 3 teams we're going to face so I think our backs will get a lot of carries once we pull away.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Dude... no sweat. We got Kniles Davis to pick up when Charles breaks down. He is gearing up with a solid 14 touches through 6 games. Oh, and his promise to never fumble again. Ehhh.... he gets a do-over.

Charles used to be more prone to fumbling , kniles will get through it ,he just needs some experience in the NFL with our coaching staff.

pr_capone
10-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Charles used to be more prone to fumbling , kniles will get through it ,he just needs some experience in the NFL with our coaching staff.

I'm not totally down on him. He just isn't ready yet.

Red Dawg
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
How about Bowe needs more work. JC does not. Davis needs more work.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2013, 06:45 PM
He's on pace for 304 rushes & 88 receptions for a total of 392 touches.

Thats in the neighborhood of LeSean McCoy and Brian Westbrook under Reid. Maybe a few more touches for Charles....

Down4Chiefs
10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I've been waiting for this,hopefully it works out like I think it will.

CoMoChief
10-17-2013, 06:52 PM
It's about fucking time. Reid has gotten somewhat ridiculous with the playcalling.

Put the ball in the hands of your best football player. Pass the ball to your best WR. It's not that hard to figure out.

cosmo20002
10-17-2013, 07:08 PM
They are going to ride him into the ground. :doh!:

Last year for Charles?

-----------
Chiefs to increase Jamaal Charles' touches 48m Why Alex Smith’s stats may increase soon
By LORENZO REYES

Charles is second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 775, behind only LeSean McCoy, who has 871. He ranks first in the NFL in touches with 347 (114 carries, 33 receptions) and also has seven touchdowns.

WR Dwayne Bowe, who only has 229 yards and two touchdowns on 20 receptions, could be one of the bigger beneficiaries of Charles’ increase in touches.

Charles is already 1st in touches and Bowe is basically invisible. But giving Charles MORE touches will result in more for Bowe?

OK...

Cephalic Trauma
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM
114+33=347

2+2=5

Sannyasi
10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Why shouldn't Charles get more touches? I understood the "save Charles for next year" philosophy when the Chiefs sucked, but that's no longer the case. We're trying to win NOW. The more you can get the ball to your biggest playmaker on offense, the better your chances of winning football games.

Demonpenz
10-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Eric Fisher sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Smith needs more completions.

ThaVirus
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Not that any game in this league is a gimmie, but the next three shouldn't be too tough. I'd like to see a heavy dose of Gray, and yes, even Davis. Save Charles for that rough stretch we have starting in week 11 and heading into the playoffs.

Why shouldn't Charles get more touches? I understood the "save Charles for next year" philosophy when the Chiefs sucked, but that's no longer the case. We're trying to win NOW. The more you can get the ball to your biggest playmaker on offense, the better your chances of winning football games.

We could give the guy some rest against the Texans, Browns and Bills, I think. Not completely take him out of the gameplan, but reduce his touches to about 15 total. As it is now, we have two back up RBs that are apparently worth jack and shit. If we can't trust these guys to lighten the load against three bad teams, they just shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

Marcellus
10-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I would like to see Charles get used more early but he has been in the game several times when there was no reason to be in there late.

That being said you got about 2 or 3 really good years left in him, saddle him up, lets go.

O.city
10-17-2013, 09:03 PM
I really wish we could hit a deep ball or two early, would allow Charles a ton more space

chiefin420
10-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Hah. Jamaal is going to get more touches. Or maybe he's not, so be ready.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I really wish we could hit a deep ball or two early, would allow Charles a ton more space

He didn't need that the last several years.

chiefzilla1501
10-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Not that any game in this league is a gimmie, but the next three shouldn't be too tough. I'd like to see a heavy dose of Gray, and yes, even Davis. Save Charles for that rough stretch we have starting in week 11 and heading into the playoffs.

We could give the guy some rest against the Texans, Browns and Bills, I think. Not completely take him out of the gameplan, but reduce his touches to about 15 total. As it is now, we have two back up RBs that are apparently worth jack and shit. If we can't trust these guys to lighten the load against three bad teams, they just shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

The Browns are going to be a tough game. They are a good team that just finds ways to lose. Almost every game has either been a win or was lost in the last minutes of the game. Even against Detroit... they had a chance to win until Weeden threw the dumbest interception in the history of football.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2013, 09:29 AM
The Browns are going to be a tough game.

Garbage offenses aren't coming into Arrowhead and threatening this team.

We have an elite defense. We are going to fuck those motherfuckers UP.

whoman69
10-19-2013, 10:33 AM

He's had 22 each of the last 2 games. He had 5 receptions in each of those games for 27 touches. He averaged 19 carries and 5.5 receptions per game.

Most teams these days don't like to substitute because then the D can substitute. I would like to see us bringing in our backups more so we can run more often.

Mr. Laz
10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
He's had 22 each of the last 2 games. He had 5 receptions in each of those games for 27 touches. He averaged 19 carries and 5.5 receptions per game.

Most teams these days don't like to substitute because then the D can substitute. I would like to see us bringing in our backups more so we can run more often.
yep, i would like to seem some power-ish type runs using Gray in the 1st half.

maybe give a few more receptions to Sherman

Save Charles for later in the year. We don't want to have to worry about Charles health/carries when we are playing within the division, maybe even the playoffs.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2013, 12:10 PM
sorry. This is the style of play Reid wants. We aren't coming out playing power football. Throw to score...run to win.