PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chadiha: Chiefs have the look of a champion...

DaWolf
10-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Wow, some strong respect here...

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9856696

A snippet:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – There comes a point in certain seasons when it's time to accept that not all Super Bowl contenders are going to look impressive. The squads that usually catch our eyes have higher-powered offenses, big-name quarterbacks with gaudy numbers and enough nonstop hype to fuel sports talk radio for weeks. Then there are those teams that slowly creep into the national spotlight with more faith than fanfare, more grit than glamour. Teams like this year's Kansas City Chiefs.

Anybody who watched the Chiefs' 17-16 victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday learned something important: This team is not built to do things easily. It grinds away on offense, limiting turnovers and hoping for enough big plays to generate points. It swarms opponents on defense and produces plenty of underappreciated moments with consistent special teams. That formula has been good enough to push the Chiefs' record to 7-0. It also will be the reason they go deep into this postseason.

This Kansas City squad -- a team currently on its way to winning 13 or 14 regular-season games -- is starting to bear a striking resemblance to Super Bowl winners that thrived with limited offenses and suffocating defenses. The 2000 Baltimore Ravens rode that wave to a championship. The 2001 New England Patriots did the same thing, as did the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. These are just the teams that walked away with Lombardi Trophies, but you get the point. The Chiefs are not swimming in uncharted waters here.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 01:21 AM
http://www.packershistory.net/files/PACKERS/1996PACKERS-ChiefsPackers.JPG

Chiefspants
10-21-2013, 01:22 AM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/spiderman_crying.gif

I want to believe.

SCTrojan
10-21-2013, 01:30 AM
I want to believe.

Ain't that the truth.

Discuss Thrower
10-21-2013, 01:37 AM
Fuck Neil Smith

lcarus
10-21-2013, 01:42 AM

I want to believe.

Believe this. We'll be in the playoffs come January. We might even have home field advantage and a first round bye if we're lucky.

mikey23545
10-21-2013, 02:50 AM
http://www.packershistory.net/files/PACKERS/1996PACKERS-ChiefsPackers.JPG

How many more wins before you have to get your ass off this board forever, cockbreath?

10-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Hey, maybe the football gods are finally smiling on us and we are going to shock the world and go 19-0.

Nice dream right?

kcchiefsus
10-21-2013, 04:29 AM
How many more wins before you have to get your ass off this board forever, cockbreath?

Perhaps when he finally succumbs to his homo-erotic asphyxiation.

the Talking Can
10-21-2013, 04:34 AM
playing the role of Trent Dilfer:

WhiteWhale
10-21-2013, 05:56 AM
The 2001 patriots D was not smothering. It was a bend but don't break defense that thrived because of a ball control offense. They were top 10 in points allowed but middle of the pack in yards.

Offense was the same way... top 10 in scoring and middle of the pack in yards.

bevischief
10-21-2013, 06:01 AM

I want to believe.

This.

AussieChiefsFan
10-21-2013, 06:03 AM

I want to believe.Very this.

Ace Gunner
10-21-2013, 06:06 AM

ROFL you know he'll be bumping his "AS did, does..." thread even after a SB win because he's just tarded like that

Marcellus
10-21-2013, 06:33 AM

Yo know that's never going to happen and he is in a win win situation.

We end up losing in the playoffs he will say "see I told you so.

We win a game and he well say "awesome I was wrong".

Hoover
10-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Pretty good article if you ask me.

Year after year sports reporters over hype teams with outstanding offenses and we all know why. It's much easier to make the case that the Broncos are Super Bowl bound when you can back up your argument with Manning's stat line. Look, for the past five weeks sports reporters and columnists has stated that KC would have to score 30 points to beat them, which backs up their initial argument.

Indy is an impressive and gritty team, but if their Defense caused Manning problems, I can't wait until November 17th. Plus I still have faith that this offense will come around. I don't expect them to be world beaters, but I think the running game will improve as the o-line continues to gel.

O.city
10-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Oh he "got let out of" that bet. Or begged to get out if it. I dunno which

FlaChief58
10-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Just heard on 610 that 50% of teams who start the season 7-0 go on to play in the SB. I know it's no guarantee but I thought it was an interesting stat.

Fritz88
10-21-2013, 07:41 AM
We need 40 points to beat Manning.

I don't see this offense scoring 40 points.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
10-21-2013, 07:42 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

We cannot score 40.

We also won't need too.

Defense gonna rape. TOP will go in our favor. JC will run wild.

Fuck em.

taterhog
10-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Just heard on 610 that 50% of teams who start the season 7-0 go on to play in the SB. I know it's no guarantee but I thought it was an interesting stat.

2003?

whoman69
10-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Please don't win 13 games. 14 or 12 is fine. 15 or 16 better.

FlaChief58
10-21-2013, 07:50 AM
2003?

Yep, to the ship!

Marcellus
10-21-2013, 08:08 AM
2003?

If historically 50% of teams that start 7-0 go to the SB and the 2003 team didn't and now this team has started 7-0 then.................

Lzen
10-21-2013, 08:14 AM
...We win a game and he well say "awesome I was wrong".

More likely he would say "we won despite AS".

loochy
10-21-2013, 08:17 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

why do we need 40 points? the colts didnt, and our D is better

Lzen
10-21-2013, 08:26 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Do you really think that the Broncos are going to score more than 30 against this defense? I don't. As a matter of fact, I don't think they'll score more than mid 20s. That is assuming that the Chiefs don't have any major injuries before then.

ROYC75
10-21-2013, 08:36 AM
All the publicity is great, but I know this team has a ways to go. Our offense has get better, chemistry, timing, everything has to come together to have any chance at playoff wins, much less a SB thought.

Let's just take them 1 game at a time and build on them.

chefsos
10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
If historically 50% of teams that start 7-0 go to the SB and the 2003 team didn't and now this team has started 7-0 then....................WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL AND THEN TO DISNEY WORLD

You can't dispute the maths, people.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

You are dumb.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM
We will need 28 to beat Manning.

I do question if we can do that.

Manning isn't going to give us short fields.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2013, 04:50 PM

We probably pick off 6 of those ducks last night man.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Complete speculation.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Complete speculation.

Welcome to message boards.

DaFace
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM

That's about what I've been thinking, but it's not necessarily a given. The Colts held him to 33, and that's with a lot of prevent D in the second half with a broken backfield.

The Broncos still haven't faced a D anywhere near as good as ours.

whoman69
10-21-2013, 10:01 PM
why do we need 40 points? the colts didnt, and our D is better

Our offense is worse. If KC can be productive on offense, they won't need 40.

lewdog
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
I know this season has been fun to watch but I can't help but feel like I've seen how this ends before....and it isn't pretty.

Saccopoo
10-21-2013, 11:32 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Why the hell will we need 40 points to beat Manning when he can't throw the ball downfield without it looking like a wounded duck? His balls float more than the Goodyear blimp.

And he's got zero mobility.

Our pass rush and defensive backs are going to feast on him.

Trakkk
10-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Whats with all the pussies on this forum?

The optimism here is pathetic.

"Oh god we got alex smith" "we need 40 PPG to win a playoff game" "we're not worthy."we suck."

Chiefspants
10-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Whats with all the pussies on this forum?

The optimism here is pathetic.

"Oh god we got alex smith" "we need 40 PPG to win a playoff game" "we're not worthy."we suck."

How's the day been, Bob?

Wallcrawler
10-22-2013, 12:45 AM
I gotta say, I do like our chances against the Broncos right now. Our offense can stay on the field against that defense.

We have the defense to stop Manning. If Sutton lets the boys do what they do, Peyton is going to be hard pressed to execute more than a hot read, or quick out. Moreover, his arm is merely a shadow of what it once was. He doesn't have the arm to rifle those throws into small windows while being heavily rushed or fading back and throwing from the back foot.

The Colts sacked Peyton 4 times. God knows what we could do to him if Sutton releases the hounds.

Stalker
10-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I say we need 25points minimum to beat the broncos, no matter what we do, Manning is going to throw a few TD's

warrior
10-22-2013, 06:59 AM
We cannot score 40.

We also won't need too.

Defense gonna rape. TOP will go in our favor. JC will run wild.

**** em.

Agreed/ Mannings hurt already KC will kill Denver can't wait.

warrior
10-22-2013, 07:01 AM

It won't be up to Manning DA :doh!:

Rausch
10-22-2013, 07:02 AM
I say we need 25points minimum to beat the broncos, no matter what we do, Manning is going to throw a few TD's

Manning will have to score more than us to win.

Agreed?

No one has yet.

Agreed.

crossbow
10-22-2013, 07:23 AM
All of the talking heads I see on ESPN have embraced Kansas City. They are in awe of that defense. This was before Indy beat Denver too.

By the way - if the Broncos hadn't fumbled on the 1 yard line they would have won that game 40 to 39. They also got a BS roughing call against them at the 2 minute mark that screwed them over badly. I believe Manning had major emotional issues to deal with that night and still almost scored 40 points. That offense is world class epic and is not going to be stopped, only slowed down at best. KC v. Denver is going to be this years Super Bowl.

Rausch
10-22-2013, 07:25 AM
All of the talking heads I see on ESPN have embraced Kansas City.

Fuck 'em.

Didn't like 'em before and don't need 'em now...

notorious
10-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Not buying it.......yet.

I love Andy Reid, though. That man has resurrected a somber franchise and fanbase.

Chiefshrink
10-22-2013, 08:46 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

If we can run the ball and chew up the clock(keep Manning on the sideline) and smother Peyton even better than the Colts did which I believe we can do we don't need to score 40 to win;)

Chiefshrink
10-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Not buying it.......yet.

I love Andy Reid, though. That man has resurrected a somber franchise and fanbase.

He makes football fun again, and especially for the players;)

notorious
10-22-2013, 08:48 AM
20 will beat Manning in Arrowhead.

30 will do it in Denver.

Pasta Little Brioni
How's the day been, Bob?

Going to need Sauto to confirm...

notorious
He makes football fun again, and especially for the players;)

It puts a smile on my face watching his enthusiasm and how the players feed off of it.

Chiefshrink
10-22-2013, 08:49 AM
All of the talking heads I see on ESPN have embraced Kansas City. They are in awe of that defense. This was before Indy beat Denver too.

By the way - if the Broncos hadn't fumbled on the 1 yard line they would have won that game 40 to 39. They also got a BS roughing call against them at the 2 minute mark that screwed them over badly. I believe Manning had major emotional issues to deal with that night and still almost scored 40 points. That offense is world class epic and is not going to be stopped, only slowed down at best. KC v. Denver is going to be this years Super Bowl.

Read post #49;) It's becoming more realistic every day.:hmmm:

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2013, 08:49 AM

Quit making excuses for them. Indy outplayed them even with going into a shell and going away from what worked. KC won't let up on defense. Keep attacking...go for blood.

Chiefshrink
10-22-2013, 08:50 AM
It puts a smile on my face watching his enthusiasm and how the players feed off of it.

BINGO !! Let's hope he keeps the players egos in check and they avoid reading their press;)

notorious
10-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Quit making excuses for them. Indy outplayed them even with going into a shell and going away from what worked. KC won't let up on defense. Keep attacking...go for blood.

There is a laundry list of Indy mistakes and ref fuck-ups that more than balances out the Denver ass-kicking.

Stalker
10-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Manning will have to score more than us to win.

Agreed?

No one has yet.

Agreed.

Agreed, I am not arguing he can, I personally think he and everyone is going to have problems against this defense, especially in the 3rd and 4th Q's. It seems that is when our defense take over, they wear the oppositions o-line down so much, that it seems to break sometime late in the 3rd Q and by that time their defense is pretty worn from being on the field, so much so that our offense finally starts getting plays, especially running which then helps us run down the clock and by that time we are always ahead.... thats pretty much how we win games right there.

Rausch
10-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Agreed, I am not arguing he can, I personal think he and everyone is going to have problems against this defense, especially in the 3rd and 4th Q's. It seems that is when our defense take over, they wear the oppositions o-line down so much that it seems to break sometime late in the 4th Q and by that time their defense is pretty worn from being on the field so much that our offense finally starts getting plays, especially running which then helps us run down the clock and by that time we are always ahead.... thats pretty much how we win games right there.

Our offense does a good job of hogging clock.

It's all we need to do...

The Franchise
10-22-2013, 11:22 AM
How awesome would it be if Denver-KC is the new Indy-New England?