PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Upon further review: Texans vs. Chiefs

petegz28
10-21-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't miss games often but due to a death in the family I missed most of yesterday's. That did afford me the opportunity to DVR the game and watch it today. I think the 1st half really should shut up a lot of people still trying to hate on this team. By that I mean the offense. By offense I mean the QB.

Alex Smith: First pass to Bowe was just overthrown but it was there and nice to see we took that shot. He came right back on a similar play and hit him.

Pass to JC down the sidelines was open although JC needs to learn to not let the defender close him in so much against the sidelines. Smith and JC both could have done better there however, you have to say that once again it was nice to see us taking a shot down field.

The most impressive and I think the nail in a lot of the hater's coffin is the 97 yard drive for a TD. Smith threw 1 incomplete pass and was perfect otherwise. The read on the busted play when he ran it in shows just how much composure this guy has. I could see a lot of QB's shitting their pants going "WTF" when a play busts like that.

Offense: In general they looked to be better and coming along. Fisher was facing Watt and that's no easy task and he did okay. Still a lot of room for improvement but seeing all the shifts and what not that we haven't really seen thus far shows this offense is still learning and hopefully finds their groove at the right time.

Defense: The defense got punched in the mouth early and for the first time this season really put the offense in the position of having to keep pace.

We all know what happened in the 2nd half. JC fumbled, Dex stopped short on a route and Smith ended up throwing a pick, Smith choked on the 4th down play, the red zone play calling in and of itself sucked and the defense came back to life.

The adversity the team faced in this game and frankly in the other games, and has overcome will pay dividends down the stretch. It's easy to win a blow out game. It's a lot harder to win 1 point games or 1 score games, just ask the Broncos.

Who would have thought that the #1 D would have had to depend on their weak offense for a half at home against a practice squad QB? Who would have thought that a team with the high rate of TD's in goal to go situations like us would have choked from the 2 inch line?

This was an excellent team win and could be a real gelling moment for the season.

The Franchise
10-21-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't miss games often but due to a death in the family I missed most of yesterday's. That did afford me the opportunity to DVR the game and watch it today. I think the 1st half really should shut up a lot of people still trying to hate on this team. By that I mean the offense. By offense I mean the QB.

Alex Smith: First pass to Bowe was just overthrown but it was there and nice to see we took that shot. He came right back on a similar play and hit him.

Pass to JC down the sidelines was open although JC needs to learn to not let the defender close him in so much against the sidelines. Smith and JC both could have done better there however, you have to say that once again it was nice to see us taking a shot down field.

The most impressive and I think the nail in a lot of the hater's coffin is the 97 yard drive for a TD. Smith threw 1 incomplete pass and was perfect otherwise. The read on the busted play when he ran it in shows just how much composure this guy has. I could see a lot of QB's shitting their pants going "WTF" when a play busts like that.

Offense: In general they looked to be better and coming along. Fisher was facing Watt and that's no easy task and he did okay. Still a lot of room for improvement but seeing all the shifts and what not that we haven't really seen thus far shows this offense is still learning and hopefully finds their groove at the right time.

Defense: The defense got punched in the mouth early and for the first time this season really put the offense in the position of having to keep pace.

We all know what happened in the 2nd half. JC fumbled, Dex stopped short on a route and Smith ended up throwing a pick, Smith choked on the 4th down play, the red zone play calling in and of itself sucked and the defense came back to life.

The adversity the team faced in this game and frankly in the other games, and has overcome will pay dividends down the stretch. It's easy to win a blow out game. It's a lot harder to win 1 point games or 1 score games, just ask the Broncos.

Who would have thought that the #1 D would have had to depend on their weak offense for a half at home against a practice squad QB? Who would have thought that a team with the high rate of TD's in goal to go situations like us would have choked from the 2 inch line?

This was an excellent team win and could be a real gelling moment for the season.

:spock:

That entire incompletion was on Smith.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:03 PM
The most impressive and I think the nail in a lot of the hater's coffin is the 97 yard drive for a TD.

LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

Alex's season statistics are downright Casselian.

If he continues on his current pace he is going to end up just like Matt.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Have to disagree to an extent. The way Jc ran the route made it a lot harder of a throw. Should Smith still have had hit it? Yes. Like I said, both could have helped each other out more on that play.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:05 PM
LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

Yeah, we've been hearing your whining for 7 weeks now about how we won't win with Smith at QB.

michaelj_58
10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
they should have kicked a field goal on that 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter damn it!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah, we've been hearing your whining for 7 weeks now about how we won't win with Smith at QB.

I never said that.

All I ever said is that he was a fairly pedestrian QB and we're winning in spite of him.

FringeNC
LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

What's far more relevant is Cassel last year vs. Smith this year, although the O-line thus far has been worse this year. Spare me the Cassel 2010 crap where Charles was averaging 6.4 YPC.

petegz28
they should have kicked a field goal on that 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter damn it!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, well they should have rammed it right up the gut on 3rd and 1. When JC lost yards I was all for kicking the FG.

the Talking Can
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
yeah, smith missing those throws to charles and bowe was really impressive...

"Suck it Haterz! Did you see those 2 terrible passes he threw!"

...and smart to omit his 4th quarter meltdown when he missed an easy td and then threw an int, resulting in 3 points for the entire second half...aka 'game managing'...

you are a regular Johnnie Cochran..."If he missed the pass, you must kiss his ass"

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I never said that.

All I ever said is that he was a fairly pedestrian QB and we're winning in spite of him.

Yeah, in spite of him...right

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM

...and smart to omit his 4th quarter meltdown when he missed an easy td and then threw an int, resulting in 3 points for the entire second half...aka 'game managing'...

you are a regular Johnnie Cochran..."If he missed the pass, you must kiss his ass"

Yeah they were sooooo terrible. I saw Manning and Luck both miss on similar passes last night

l4z4rd
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM

sure he missed an easy TD...but so did Charles. Stuffed for a loss on 3rd and goal from the 1/2 yd line.

O.city
10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah they were sooooo terrible. I saw Manning and Luck both miss on similar passes last night

That doesn't matter.

He still needs to make better throws in those situations.

I thought yesterday was our best offensive game of the year, save for the 2-5 in the Red Zone.

the Talking Can
10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
last 4 games:

4tds, 4ints
3 games with 0td passes
55.6 completion percentage

but he's an accurate QB that doesn't turn the ball over and manages games...or something

Direckshun
10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
I have my own review thread coming out later tonight when I finish watching the game again.

Basically, Fisher matched up one-on-one against JJ Watt four times, and was beat like a drum twice, but held his own the other two times.

Other than that, that's it: Fisher was only beat once by other Texans for the rest of the game. He was totally in command.

The one play he got beat on though... geez. Brooks Reed spinned and beat him badly in the Chiefs endzone. Smith's trigger was too quick, and was gone before Reed even finished his move. But Reed demolished Fisher on that play.

Keep in mind I missed the 1st 5 minutes of the game because of Jets/Pats, but Fisher was in control this game. Watt sure gave him fits, though.

ku_jhawk23

The overthrow to Bowe was not by much. I'd sure like to see Bowe extend and go for the ball. He "kinda reached" for the ball, and it was less then a foot out there. Lay out for it and he catches it. I know..."he shouldn't have to lay out" but a through to the weak side on an angle directly away from the QB is never going to be perfect. That is one Bowe needed to work for.

Direckshun
last 4 games:

4tds, 4ints
3 games with 0td passes

but he's an accurate QB that doesn't turn the ball over and manages games...or something

I don't have the numbers to back this up, but I bet he gets close to 60% if you subtract the drops.

l4z4rd
That doesn't matter.

I thought yesterday was our best offensive game of the year, save for the 2-5 in the Red Zone.

technically 2-4 since the final red zone possession was just a kneel down to run out the clock.

the Talking Can
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
is it crazy to expect him to actually complete deep passes in order to receive credit?

i'll remember the "as long as he tries" standard when other QBs are evaluated...

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
That doesn't matter.

I don't think they were all that bad of throws...just a touch overthrown which I would rather him do than underthrow it.

O.city
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Throwing the ball down the field early yesterday, absolutely opened the field up.

I don't agree that you have to complete every deep ball you throw, but we have to complete some and take advantage of big play opportunities.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
is it crazy to expect him to actually complete deep passes in order to receive credit?

i'll remember the "as long as he tries" standard when other QBs are evaluated...

No, it's crazy to expect him to complete EVERY deep pass. I bet you were bitching about the bomb he threw from his own end zone to Avery against Tenn and completed it. I am sure something was wrong with that too.

Direckshun
10-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Smith just flat blew the 4th down goal line shot.

He did a great job finally coaxing the defender to leave McGrath, and then just flat missed him. That was an inexcusable play by Smith.

He also had Fasano on a drag route. And if he wanted to go with a WIDE OPEN receiver, Donald Stephenson (who was apparently activated as a receiver) never had another soul even look at him and had his hands way up begging for the ball in the end zone.

O.city
10-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't think they were all that bad of throws...just a touch overthrown which I would rather him do than underthrow it.

They cost the Chiefs 2 TD's. He's got to hit those throws. Period.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:19 PM
No, it's crazy to expect him to complete EVERY deep pass. I bet you were bitching about the bomb he threw from his own end zone to Avery against Tenn and completed it. I am sure something was wrong with that too.

He's 4 out of 13 on the year.

He doesn't attempt them, he doesn't complete them.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
An entire half!

But I'll admit he played better. I actually wanted him to throw at times. But still needs to do better. 2nd half was 3 or 4 good throws and 3 points

the Talking Can
10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't have the numbers to back this up, but I bet he gets close to 60% if you subtract the drops.

it doesn't, his accuracy has been terrible

but next to the 'he tried to throw a deep pass, and that's good enough' standard we might as well add the 'completion percentage doesn't apply to him because they were probably all drops anyways' standard...

and we've always been using the 'call him a game manager in order to give him credit for the #1 defense in the league' standard...and don't forget the 'in spite of 4 ints in 4 games he takes care of the ball' standard...

also, "smith's inability to throw an accurate deep pass is Bowe's fault, even when he is throwing to Charles' standard...and I almost forget the "scoring 3 points in the second half of a 1 point game is how the offense saved the defense" standard...

ViperVisor
10-21-2013, 05:22 PM
last 4 games:

4tds, 4ints
3 games with 0td passes

Is Jamal Charles getting his TDs on 80 yard runs?

Or is it true that Smith has as many 20+ yard runs as Charles this season? 1

Charles already has more Rushing TDs than last season. Where he got 3 when ripping off 80, 84 and 91 yard TD runs.

Hammock Parties

We have dropped 7 passes the last 3 weeks according to PFF.

So if those were caught, Alex would be 64-104 the last 3 weeks. (61.5%)

Hooray for imagined mediocrity!

Halfcan

Yep same thing in the Faders game- Alex hits those open guys- we could have blown the game wide open.

Pasta Little Brioni
Smith has to pick it up if we want to win it all this year...no doubt missing some of those easy throws is going to bite us in the ass.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, in spite of him...right

We average 19 points per game offensively, and our passing game is a joke.

We are winning because of that I'm sure.

Pasta Little Brioni
On the bright side....Bowe hasn't been a factor, Charles hasn't busted a long one, Smith hasn't been as accurate as in S.F, and we are still 7-0 ROFL

petegz28

No they didn't. Charles maybe gets a TD....Bowe probably gets caught by the 2 guys behind him

Three7s
10-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Not to nitpick, but it wasn't a busted play. It was designed that way, as Smith said himself in an interview.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:24 PM
We average 19 points per game offensively, and our passing game is a joke.

We are winning because of that I'm sure.

We also aren't throwing INT's on screen passes. You need to get the Madden out of your head, dude. This isn't a video game.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Not to nitpick, but it wasn't a busted play. It was designed that way, as Smith said himself in an interview.

I have heard both and I opted for the busted play since JC ran to the opposite side of there the handoff was supposed to be

O.city
No they didn't. Charles maybe gets a TD....Bowe probably gets caught by the 2 guys behind him

The 4th down play would have been an easy TD, and a good throw to Charles, he isn't getting caught by a LB.

Gravedigger

Yeah if Smith had thrown it in bounds it would've been a touchdown. Since he threw it towards the sidelines instead of in play it wasn't catchable.

Smith just flat blew the 4th down goal line shot.

He did a great job finally coaxing the defender to leave McGrath, and then just flat missed him. That was an inexcusable play by Smith.

He also had Fasano on a drag route. And if he wanted to go with a WIDE OPEN receiver, Donald Stephenson (who was apparently activated as a receiver) never had another soul even look at him and had his hands way up begging for the ball in the end zone.

But his intention wasn't to draw the defender away. He panicked when he realized he wasn't gonna make it and misfired. If it was just a bad throw, that's one thing. But it was just dumb. He had three guys open and he tries to direct a block from Sherman instead. A confused Sherman then looks for a defender and the guy blows past him.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:26 PM
We also aren't throwing INT's on screen passes. You need to get the Madden out of your head, dude. This isn't a video game.

Neither was Cassel in 2010.

We win with defense.

Direckshun
Yeah, Charles isn't getting touched by the LB if Smith nails that pass.

Sadly...

Hog's Gone Fishin
LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

Matt's in Minnesota. Alex ain't goin there.

Direckshun

We win with defense.

Uh, we won in 2010 with the NFL's best run game, no question.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Charles against Joe Mays....he was gone.

Direckshun
But his intention wasn't to draw the defender away. He panicked when he realized he wasn't gonna make it and misfired. If it was just a bad throw, that's one thing. But it was just dumb. He had three guys open and he tries to direct a block from Sherman instead. A confused Sherman then looks for a defender and the guy blows past him.

I think you're misreading this, but I'm not going to defense what was probably the worst Alex Smith play all season.

That should have been a touchdown. He had three receivers and missed the throw horrifically.

O.city

We win with defense.

Yes, 2010 had nothing to do with a RB averaging over 6 yards per carry and the top rushing offense in the league.

Marcellus
10-21-2013, 05:28 PM
He's 4 out of 13 on the year.

He doesn't attempt them, he doesn't complete them.

There is no data I have ever seen that equates throwing down field and winning games.

Its indisputable he has the highest win % in the NFL for 2.5 season even if we lose next week which we likely wont.

Hammock Parties
Uh, we won in 2010 with the NFL's best run game, no question.

Yes, not comparing the two teams, just the QBs.

Both 2010 and 2013 Chiefs win in spite of QB play, whilst homers credit the QB for keeping turnovers low.

Direckshun

Both 2010 and 2013 Chiefs win in spite of QB play, whilst homers credit the QB for keeping turnovers low.

That's fair.

That's not to say Cassel = Smith, however. But I get your point, imprecise as it may be.

petegz28
The 4th down play would have been an easy TD, and a good throw to Charles, he isn't getting caught by a LB.

I agree the 4th down play was.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
I think you're misreading this, but I'm not going to defense what was probably the worst Alex Smith play all season.

That should have been a touchdown. He had three receivers and missed the throw horrifically.

Andrew Luck had a wide open Wayne last night and bounced the ball to him. Every QB has throws they want back.

O.city
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM

These wins are so hollow to you, then man up and honor your bet you made with Mav. No reason for you to be here for the impending doom of this season, when it happens, right?

You built a reputation around here by cherry picking PFF stats before anyone else had a membership, now you have 1 leg to stand on.

So yeah, theres the door.

Direckshun
10-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Andrew Luck had a wide open Wayne last night and bounced the ball to him. Every QB has throws they want back.

I keep forgetting this is a pete thread.

And then pete posts, and I am reminded.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:31 PM

So the 97 yard drive to come from behind had nothing to do with him? That's your argument?

jlw62987
10-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Cassel actually had better numbers in 2010 than Smith is on pace for right now. If you remember, Cassel went 27 TD's and 7 INT's. Smith hasn't thrown a TD in 3 games. 3! Can we beat the Broncos with Alex Smith? Eh....

Pasta Little Brioni
These wins are so hollow to you, then man up and honor your bet you made with Mav. No reason for you to be here for the impending doom of this season, when it happens, right?

You built a reputation around here by cherry picking PFF stats before anyone else had a membership, now you have 1 leg to stand on.

So yeah, theres the door.

Mav offered the deal. He isn't a welching bitch like some donco on this board.

Cassel kept finding the endzone that year, which made his 180 yard games seem reasonable. 2013 Smith has been harder to defend than 2010 Cassel

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Cassel actually had better numbers in 2010 than Smith is on pace for right now. If you remember, Cassel went 27 TD's and 7 INT's. Smith hasn't thrown a TD in 3 games. 3! Can we beat the Broncos with Alex Smith? Eh....

Funny how when the 27-7 got thrown out the last few years it was followed up with a ton of excuses.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Andrew Luck is kind of a badass though.

Gravedigger
10-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Andrew Luck is a badass though.

Fixed.

petegz28

I just look forward to another week of your whining about how this team can't win with Smith at QB.

petegz28

Luck also looked like ass in the 4th Q last night.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Cassel kept finding the endzone that year, which made his 180 yard games seem reasonable. 2013 Smith has been harder to defend than 2010 Cassel

I agree. I could show you the passing chart for Alex vs Cassel and you would weep.

Cassel was undeniably a better passer that year than Alex has been this year. He could hit some throws outside the numbers. Alex..10 for 33. LMAO

Gravedigger
Alex Smith is too busy handing off to his invisible running backs to throw to the end zone. That's why the defender froze on that play, he had not accounted for the third running back in the backfield.

jlw62987

His team beat the high and mighty Broncos. They put up 39 on them. Think Alex Smith and this offense can do that? Ha!

Hammock Parties

The Colts score a lot of points. We don't.

Wonder why.

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM

I know! I mean he's thrown for 1,574 yards, and Alex Smith has only thrown for 1,570!!

And he has ten touchdowns! Alex Smith only has seven!

And his team is 5-2 and the Chiefs are only 7-0!

I swear to God, if Alex Smith's jersey just said "Luck" on the back and we had the exact same season going, you'd be creaming your panties. With vagina cream. Since you have a vagina. And wear panties to cover your creamy vagina.

O.city
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree. I could show you the passing chart for Alex vs Cassel and you would weep.

Cassel was undeniably a better passer that year than Alex has been this year. He could hit some throws outside the numbers. Alex..10 for 33. LMAO

Yep.

Cassel is a better QB.

Better head over to Vikings board.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
His team beat the high and mighty Broncos. They put up 39 on them. Think Alex Smith and this offense can do that? Ha!

Who says we will need to put up that much? Denver had to put up 50+ to beat Dallas and we put up 17 and won.

Marcellus

Doubtful he will need to. Guess what, we get to see what happens, 2x.

Hammock Parties
I just look forward to another week of your whining about how this team can't win with Smith at QB.

We can win with Smith at QB. We're going 13-3 this year, balee dat.

Just not anything important.

If I'm going into Pete mode for Andrew Luck, I think Wayne started breaking his route upfield because he was so open. Luck was under pressure and didn't adjust. 4th down. Get the completion first, Reggie.

Direckshun

Pete.

Christ.

O.city

Yes, after a 2-14 season, 13-3 would be a huge disappointment.

Damn it. Shucks.

Mav
10-21-2013, 05:39 PM
last 4 games:

4tds, 4ints
3 games with 0td passes

Yeah. I mean, its not like the Chiefs are winning or anything........

Direckshun
10-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Here's what I'm doing: I'm enjoying the ride.

Because if the Chiefs pull it off, and actually get to the Super Bowl, I don't want to think that I was pissing all over the team's chances that year. I want to enjoy that year.

jlw62987
Who says we will need to put up that much? Denver had to put up 50+ to beat Dallas and we put up 17 and won.

No way we hold Manning to only 17. If our offense can't do crap, Manning will take advantage. The Broncos will exploit our aggressive defense. The Texans came out with the perfect offensive game plan but they were too banged up to do anything significant.

saphojunkie

Fuck yes, they can. FFS jacksonville put up 19 on them. They scored zero points on offense against us.

Dallas put up 48 and scored 16 on us.

Yeah. I mean, its not like the Chiefs are winning or anything........

/orangemane 2011

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Because if the Chiefs pull it off, and actually get to the Super Bowl, I don't want to think that I was pissing all over the team's chances that year. I want to enjoy that year.

I'm enjoying this year.

But not as much as I could be, I think.

I'm sorry but I just can't flip the switch from "no hope" to "hope" without a reason.

Mav
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM

You have been completely wrong on just about everything else. Might as well chalk this up to another one of Clays predictions.

Hell, about the only one you are going to be right on this year, is the 25 td mark.

You have pitifully missed on everything else.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
No way we hold Manning to only 17. If our offense can't do crap, Manning will take advantage. The Broncos will exploit our aggressive defense. The Texans came out with the perfect offensive game plan but they were too banged up to do anything significant.

LMAO

Wait...you're serious? So Indy has a better D than KC????? :eek:

jlw62987
I'm enjoying this year.

But not as much as I could be, I think.

I'm sorry but I just can't flip the switch from "no hope" to "hope" without a reason.

To be fair, the defense, coaching, and special teams should give you hope. Our offense sucks but 3 outta 4 isn't bad. lol

jlw62987
LMAO

Wait...you're serious? So Indy has a better D than KC????? :eek:

Where in the hell did you get that from?

saphojunkie
Weirdly enough - that's the second game this year we've won 17-16.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:43 PM
You have been completely wrong on just about everything else. Might as well chalk this up to another one of Clays predictions.

Hell, about the only one you are going to be right on this year, is the 25 td mark.

You have pitifully missed on everything else.

I still think I'm right about Sean Smith. He had a poor game yesterday and he's going to be a major liability against Denver.

saphojunkie
Oh, and that's three more games that Smith would have won if the opponent scored 24 points. But go ahead and keep your dipshit signature rolling.

Mav

You mean like they exploited an equally but less talented Colts defense last night? Indoors? On Peytons playground?

If not for Gordy, and Butler getting hurt during the game, that's not even close. Darius Butler was a curtain on Welker until he got nicked and was taken off him in the fourth. He held him to 1 catch for 3 yards until the 4th quarter.

The Broncos got exposed last night, and they got beat up physically, and then Vickerson, number 99 committed THREE PERSONAL FOUL penalties in the second half alone.

The Broncos are FRAUDULENT.

Direckshun
10-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Where in the hell did you get that from?

Logic has no place here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=148&pictureid=1310

Pasta Little Brioni
This season has been awesome. I marked out soooo bad for the Hali sack strip to seal the deal ROFL

petegz28
To be fair, the defense, coaching, and special teams should give you hope. Our offense sucks but 3 outta 4 isn't bad. lol

If anything our offense does a good job at keeping the defense out of bad situation, not turning the ball over and then taking advantage of scoring opportunities as they arise. And they have a good knack for putting together long time consuming drives when we need them

Mav
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
I still think I'm right about Sean Smith. He had a poor game yesterday and he's going to be a major liability against Denver.

I think he is a quality number two corner. Which is all he really has to be.

But okay.

2 things. And for your sake, I hope you keep being wrong.

Its going to be HELL for any team if the Chiefs get home field advantage.

Direckshun

He had a poor game?

Dude gave up one 30 yard TD. Shut down for the rest of the game.

The Andre Johnson completion took 8 seconds of Keenum scrambling around to pull off.

Nobody was on AJ more than Smith, and he held him to four catches for 89 yards. Take away the 8 second play and that's 3 for 75.

Not a world beating game. But that's not poor.

jlw62987

I think the stat you have at the bottom of your posts says it all.

When the opponent scores 24 or more, Alex is 2-27. Not the kind of QB who can win us playoff games unless the D stays unbelievable.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:46 PM
He had a poor game?

The Andre Johnson completion took 8 seconds of Keenum scrambling around to pull off.

But on the Madden video game...bla bla bla

Clay has this problem where if every player doesn't put up Madden video game line numbers than they suck. No matter how much they win.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Jeez dude.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
He had a poor game?

Nobody was on AJ more than Smith, and he held him to four catches for 89 yards. Take away the 8 second play and that's 3 for 75.

Not a world beating game. But that's not poor.

He was targeted thrice and gave up 2 completions for 70 yards.

To me that is poor. Especially against a scrub like Keenum.

He scares me.

Mav

When the opponent scores 24 or more, Alex is 2-27. Not the kind of QB who can win us playoff games unless the D stays unbelievable.

and uh, do you think that all of a sudden when the weather gets worse, that a physical attacking defense is suddenly going to forget how to play?

As the weather gets worse, defenses play BETTER. Not worse......

Good luck getting 24 on this defense. It certainly wont be this weekend with the browns. They wouldn't get that against this defense in 8 quarters. Much less 4.

Hammock Parties
But on the Madden video game...bla bla bla

Clay has this problem where if every player doesn't put up Madden video game line numbers than they suck. No matter how much they win.

Alex is not even putting up average numbers. I could be far less critical of him if he was at least adequate. He ain't.

Red Dawg
10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

He will not even come close to Matt's turnover stats. Alex has done a lot of damage with his legs that Matt could never do. He is a leader and plays composed and with heart. Matt does none of that. You sir are a dumbass.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Alex is not even putting up average numbers. I could be far less critical of him if he was at least adequate. He ain't.

Clay just stop. You've been crying about Smith since the day we traded for him and here we are undefeated 7 games in and you are still talking about how much we can't win with him.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Oh, and that's three more games that Smith would have won if the opponent scored 24 points. But go ahead and keep your dipshit signature rolling.

LMAO

It is what it is.

There's a reason it rang true for Cassel, so it will be with Alex.

jlw62987
and uh, do you think that all of a sudden when the weather gets worse, that a physical attacking defense is suddenly going to forget how to play?

As the weather gets worse, defenses play BETTER. Not worse......

Good luck getting 24 on this defense. It certainly wont be this weekend with the browns. They wouldn't get that against this defense in 8 quarters. Much less 4.

Again, where in the hell did that come from? You guys on crack or something? Weather? Seriously? We are talking about freaking weather? Wow.

Hammock Parties
Clay just stop. You've been crying about Smith since the day we traded for him and here we are undefeated 7 games in and you are still talking about how much we can't win with him.

Oh, we can win with him.

We won with Bartee and Warfield, remember?

He scares me.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Again, where in the hell did that come from? You guys on crack or something? Weather? Seriously? We are talking about freaking weather? Wow.

Yeah, because weather has nothing to do with playing football outdoors

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
He will not even come close to Matt's turnover stats. Alex has done a lot of damage with his legs that Matt could never do. He is a leader and plays composed and with heart. Matt does none of that. You sir are a dumbass.

I'm guessing Alex throws more than 7 INT this year, and less than 27 TD.

2010 Cassel > 2013 Alex

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh, we can win with him.

He scares me.

Comparing Smith to Bartee is like comparing Bush to Hitler. I don't care how much you dislike the guy. There are lines you don't cross.

jlw62987
Yeah, because weather has nothing to do with playing football outdoors

lol so to make up for our crappy QB play, we are relying on bad weather now? You guys are insane. Truly insane. What a joke.

saphojunkie
I'm guessing Alex throws more than 7 INT this year, and less than 27 TD.

2010 Bowe > 2013 Bowe

Fixed it. How fucking dare you give Cassel credit for any of those TD.

10-21-2013, 05:52 PM

What? he's been awesome. Got beat on the TD, but I don't hold the broken play against him. I think that was it.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh, we can win with him.

He scares me.

Doesn't scare me. I am confident that more times than not when he drops back to pass he will throw to an open receiver and more times than not put it on the receiver in a way the receiver can make a play after the catch.

I am confident that if the play isn't there he will make something happen with his legs or throw it away and give our defense good starting position.

When we have gotten behind he has gone deep, put together long drives, not turned the ball over and helped get the lead back.

We he isn't doing that he isn't hurting our defense by turning the ball over and give the other team great field position.

ViperVisor

Cassel 2010
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds 0-12
Pass Thrown 41+ yds 1-3

petegz28
lol so to make up for our crappy QB play, we are relying on bad weather now? You guys are insane. Truly insane. What a joke.

Yeah, cause that's what I said...:huh:

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:54 PM
What? he's been awesome. Got beat on the TD, but I don't hold the broken play against him. I think that was it.

He's been pretty good, but when we played Romo he was absolutely taken advantage of.

I fear the best QBs in the league are going to roast him.

petegz28
Cassel 2010
Pass Thrown 41+ yds 1-3

ROFL

jlw62987
Doesn't scare me. I am confident that more times than not when he drops back to pass he will throw to an open receiver and more times than not put it on the receiver in a way the receiver can make a play after the catch.

I am confident that if the play isn't there he will make something happen with his legs or throw it away and give our defense good starting position.

When we have gotten behind he has gone deep, put together long drives, not turned the ball over and helped get the lead back.

We he isn't doing that he isn't hurting our defense by turning the ball over and give the other team great field position.

Guess we're conveniently forgetting about that late game INT yesterday? You know...a field goal coulda won the Texans that game right? :banghead:

Hammock Parties
Cassel 2010
Pass Thrown 41+ yds 1-3

Cassel was better at throwing outside the numbers that year than Alex has been this year. Period.

jlw62987
10-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah, cause that's what I said...:huh:

Basically yeah it was. :doh!:

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Cassel was better at throwing outside the numbers that year than Alex has been this year. Period.

Alex has never been good at throwing outside the numbers. He has always been an over the middle guy.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Alex has never been good at throwing outside the numbers. He has always been an over the middle guy.

Yep, he's limited.

jlw62987

Neat. So that basically takes away any passes to our receivers. Well, unless it's a crossing pattern or post......yay, I love limitations.

petegz28
Guess we're conveniently forgetting about that late game INT yesterday? You know...a field goal coulda won the Texans that game right? :banghead:

OMG OMG OMG..you're right!!! 1 INT where the WR stopped his route instead of running.

Man, you got me there....it isn't like I mentioned that in the OP or anything...:eek:

petegz28
10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Yep, he's limited.

Not true. But whatever. Believe it or not Clay, all QB's have strong suits and weak suits......kind of a shocker I am sure

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-21-2013, 05:58 PM
He's been pretty good, but when we played Romo he was absolutely taken advantage of.

Do we have to go over this again? Austin 3 for 31 yards Williams 3 for 28 yards. Yup keep listening to PFF.

Hammock Parties
Not true. But whatever. Believe it or not Clay, all QB's have strong suits and weak suits......kind of a shocker I am sure

If you are poor at throwing outside the numbers, you are a limited QB. End of discussion.

According to PFF, he only gave up 48 yards that game. Can't say that I remember it too much though.

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Yep, he's limited.

Every quarterback is limited. Every. Single. One.

What you mean to say is that you think he's too limited to win a superbowl. That's what you're actually saying, right? Or should be?

jlw62987
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM

What's Rodgers limitations? Or Brees? Or Brady? Manning's (arghhh that damn cold weather!).

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Every quarterback is limited. Every. Single. One.

What you mean to say is that you think he's too limited to win a superbowl. That's what you're actually saying, right? Or should be?

He's too limited to allow us to beat the best teams, actually.

Until I see proof he can do it, I believe he can't. He can't make the tough throws.

Do we have to go over this again? Austin 3 for 31 yards Williams 3 for 28 yards. Yup keep listening to PFF.

PFF has him the 3rd in coverage out of all CBs. Clay is just being stubborn

petegz28
Neat. So that basically takes away any passes to our receivers. Well, unless it's a crossing pattern or post......yay, I love limitations.

Yeah, you know, those pesky crossing, slant and post routes. You know, the routes that are the hardest to defend while offering the highest % of completion.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
PFF has him the 3rd in coverage out of all CBs. Clay is just being stubborn

Sean Smith has had a good year, but the Dallas game and Houston game give me pause.

I expect Manning to take advantage of him.

petegz28
What's Rodgers limitations? Or Brees? Or Brady? Manning's (arghhh that damn cold weather!).

We have beaten all 3 with worse teams

jlw62987

Until I see proof he can do it, I believe he can't. He can't make the tough throws.

We'll just wait and see. If we win 3-0 because our defense plays off the walls, I'm sure Pete will be in here praising Smith.

Sandy Vagina
10-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Yeah, that was troubling.. with KC'd defense, you take the points and make them beat you with a TD.

If you are poor at throwing outside the numbers, you are a limited QB. End of discussion.

If you are a limited QB, you are not the QB with the highest win % over a 3 yr span. Alex can throw the sideline comebacks and hitch routes just fine. He does need to work on his deep sideline chemistry with the receivers though. ;)

BlackHelicopters
We won

ShowtimeSBMVP
Sean Smith has had a good year, but the Dallas game and Houston game give me pause.

Smith had 1 bad game and that was vs Houston. Let's be real here some of those deep balls he gave up the QB had 10 sec to throw.

Hammock Parties
Alex can throw the sideline comebacks and hitch routes just fine.

10 for 33.

Just fine.

It will be a difficult task for sure. Thomas and Decker are badasses. That said, I had zero problem with his game this week.

jlw62987
We have beaten all 3 with worse teams

We had a damn good defense that's why! And when was the last time we beat the Patriots? Oh yeah, when Trent Green was here and we actually had an offense. Stupid comments.

10-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Smith had 1 bad game and that was vs Houston. Let's be real here some of those deep balls he gave up the QB had 10 sec to throw.

To me, he got beat just once. Nobody in the league is going to stay with AJ for 10 seconds. That was just a lucky broken play.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
We had a damn good defense that's why! And when was the last time we beat the Patriots? Oh yeah, when Trent Green was here and we actually had an offense. Stupid comments.

LMAO..when did we ever have a good defense when Trent Green played here?????? :doh!:

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM

How many of the best teams? Just the top sixteen? Top eight? Just the best team in the league?

Quit being so vague and say exactly what he has to do to win you over.

I'll tell you what he has to do for me:

I want to see him make throws when the game is on the line. I want to see a game winning TD throw. Not where he hits a man in stride and the guy gets 40 YAC. I want to see a strike into the endzone.

ADDITIONALLY, I won't believe in him until I see a game that is won with at least 300 yards passing and multiple TD. I want to see him carry the team.

Haven't yet, but I don't think it's impossible. So I'm patiently enjoying the ride.

In the immortal words of Sean Connery:

Don't wait for it to happen. Don't even want it to happen. Just watch... what DOES happen.

jlw62987
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM
LMAO..when did we ever have a good defense when Trent Green played here?????? :doh!:

OMG you're such a moron. Did I ever say we had a good defense WITH Trent Green? No, I stated we beat the Patriots with Trent Green when we had a good offense. We beat the Packers with a good defense. Damn son. :banghead:

Hammock Parties
Quit being so vague and say exactly what he has to do to win you over.

Beat playoff contenders. Is that specific enough for you?

petegz28
All I can say is this...with a strong defense and good running game, Smith was good enough to beat Brees and would have beaten Manning and gone to the SB had a punt returner got the fuck out of the way.

So, Clay......Cassel never even sniffed a win in the playoffs, as you so much like to remind us of so often.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
All I can say is this...with a strong defense and good running game, Smith was good enough to beat Brees and would have beaten Manning and gone to the SB had a punt returner got the fuck out of the way.

So, Clay......Cassel never even sniffed a win in the playoffs, as you so much like to remind us of so often.

Things that happened in San Francisco are no longer relevant.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
OMG you're such a moron. Did I ever say we had a good defense WITH Trent Green? No, I stated we beat the Patriots with Trent Green when we had a good offense. We beat the Packers with a good defense. Damn son. :banghead:

Right...because you didn't just say "We had a damn good defense that's why!"

LMAO

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Beat playoff contenders. Is that specific enough for you?

No. Titans are a playoff contender. Dallas is a playoff contender. Philadelphia is a playoff contender.

petegz28
Things that happened in San Francisco are no longer relevant.

Really? Looks to me like we are winning in a very similar fashion. Strong defense, ball control offense.

l4z4rd

Didn't prove as costly as Charles' fumble at our 20.

jlw62987
10-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Right...because you didn't just say "

LMAO

In reference to us beating Rodgers and the undefeated Packers you artard. The last time we beat the Patriots was when we had a crap D and a good offense with actual competent QB play. Buy a clue. :doh!:

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:10 PM
No. Titans are a playoff contender. Dallas is a playoff contender. Philadelphia is a playoff contender.

I'll define it for you, very clearly then:

Alex Smith has to beat the Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers this year.

That's five games. Alex needs to go 3-2 in those games.

Then I'll start to have confidence in him. Then, and only then, will I move towards admitting he can be the guy.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 06:12 PM
In reference to us beating Rodgers and the undefeated Packers you artard. The last time we beat the Patriots was when we had a crap D and a good offense with actual competent QB play. Buy a clue. :doh!:

So what you're saying is that we can beat one of the best QB's in the league with a great defense and crap offense, right?

Quit trying to have it both way.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Alex Smith has to beat the Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers this year.

Then I'll start to have confidence in him. Then I will move the goal posts some more.

FYP

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
FYP

Nope.

We go 3-2 in those games I will start to believe in Alex.

I will get my hopes way, way up. I will get stupid happy.

Mav
10-21-2013, 06:14 PM

Did you forget what you SAID? Im looking for a reason, or something that has been shown for you to say this COMMENT.

Not the kind of QB who can win us playoff games unless the D stays unbelievable.

That's where the WEATHER comment comes in, because I cant under any circumstance understand how you came to the conclusion that the defense is going to all of a sudden become not dominant. Its the most dominant side of the ball, of any unit, offense or defense, in the entire league.

GOOD LUCK beating the Chiefs if your thought process as an opposing team is, "welp, they have to stop being unbelievable sometime."

GREAT DEFENSES, don't slump. they usually get better...........especially when.....

Wait for it.

THE WEATHER GETS WORSE................

Mav
10-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Nope.

We go 3-2 in those games I will start to believe in Alex.

I will get my hopes way, way up. I will get stupid happy.

You should be stupid happy now. The offense is going to play much better this weekend. Should really bring the offense up to speed. The defense isn't going to slump.

You should be getting really stupid happy right now. You have a one game lead on the Broncos, all you have to do is split with them, and you have home field advantage. The Pats will lose again. The Colts will lose again. All you have to do is finish with two losses, and the Chiefs have home field.

WHO IS GOING TO WANT TO COME HERE, face that crowd, THAT DEFENSE in January?

WHO?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
WHO IS GOING TO WANT TO COME HERE, face that crowd, THAT DEFENSE in January?

WHO?

I said the same things to myself many years ago.

Three7s
10-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Seeing you getting everyone riled up, it's gonna suck not having you once we get our 8th win.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Seeing you getting everyone riled up, it's gonna suck not having you once we get our 8th win.

'fraid not. Maverick wants me around.

RealSNR
10-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Really hard to not like Alex Smith

ViperVisor
10-21-2013, 06:35 PM
This game was something they can build on. Much more realist to move from mediocre to good than the jalopy offense that was going on.

Minimizing how much Fisher is exposed to Von Miller and Robert Mathis is something Reid should probably start working on now.

petegz28
10-21-2013, 06:39 PM
I think as long as Carl doesn't force Marty to start Grbac over Smith, we get a playoff win.

okcchief
10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Do we win the game with Cassel yesterday?

petegz28
10-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Do we win the game with Cassel yesterday?

I'd say no.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Considering we almost lost it with Alex, why is that relevant?

Alex is Cassel's brother from another mother.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2013, 07:37 PM

Now this is true

MeatRock
10-21-2013, 07:49 PM

You are such a fucking dumbass. Do you have ADD or some shit? Sean Smith played well in the Dallas game. Can you not get that through your stupid thick fucking head dude?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 07:52 PM
You are such a fucking dumbass. Do you have ADD or some shit? Sean Smith played well in the Dallas game. Can you not get that through your stupid thick fucking head dude?

Every time he was targeted he gave up a first down. That's not playing well.

Had Flowers not been being abused, Sean Smith would have been Dallas' whipping boy.

MeatRock
10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Every time he was targeted he gave up a first down. That's not playing well.

Had Flowers not been being abused, Sean Smith would have been Dallas' whipping boy.

You're so full of shit.

Marcellus
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Let Clay keep yapping. He has been correct once in his life and he is hanging his hat on that. The more he complains the more he is wrong. It works out.

saphojunkie
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM

Then I'll start to have confidence in him. Then, and only then, will I move towards admitting he can be the guy.

Great answer and totally valid.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Alex is Cassel's brother from another mother.

You are, without a doubt, THE WORST quarterback evaluator this forum has ever seen.

You sucked off Freeman until he was bone dry and he fucking SUCKS. Matt Cassel has been better.

And before you pull the "He's new" bullshit, he's a 4+ year starter.

LMAO

Marcellus
10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Great answer and totally valid.

Except we know his stance and he can STFU until that doesn't happen if the wins fail to happen.

If not endless truckloads of flaming shit are headed his way at a high rate of speed from a mass of people.

Will be fun to watch him get buried.

xztop123
10-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I dont wanna hear anyone complain about sean smith. his job is incredibly hard, not sure what the defense we were doing there was, but it was a cover 1 press with few blitzers... I think it was a run sellout, he slipped a little (not technique but a slip) and Lewis rolled to Andre's side fairly hard.

xztop123
10-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Sean smith is playing press on nearly every play. If he sucked he'd be giving up quick slands and other quick routes, due to the insane pressure that we bring.

Everything we do on D relies on our corners. But usually one in particular on any given play because we play cover 1 the safety can bracket one side of the field. Looking at tape he tends to roll to Flowers/Coopers side, leaving Sean Smith in essentially a zero coverage, with press and run coverage. Hard sh*t

The defense we run is INCREDIBLY dependent on CB's. As you saw in the Denver game, Indy was playing bump and run man with them all game and got a few injuries and Denver started carving them up fast. Marcus Cooper was probably released because hes a one trick pony (can only play press man and is terrible in off coverage or in zone.) Perfect for us.

aturnis
10-21-2013, 10:46 PM

Actually seeing the replay, I'm pretty sure Donald Stephenson was an eligible received. That makes Stephenson, McGrath, Fasano and Sherman all wide open for a TD.

Anyong Bluth
10-21-2013, 11:55 PM
LMAO

Nail in the coffin?

Casselian ?

That's a made up word, so the entire post is completely untrue.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Casselian ?

That's a made up word, so the entire post is completely untrue.

'Hamas' Jenkins coined it.

What a terrible fucking throw at the worst fucking time.

Again, that's also why FGs kill your ass, but nearly as much as Casselian overthrows.

It's a perfect descriptor for all of the league's game managers.

Wallcrawler
10-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Andrew Luck had a wide open Wayne last night and fecked the throw up so horrificly, that it likely ended Wayne's career as he tore his ACL trying to adjust to catch the ball. Every QB has throws they want back.

FYP.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 12:07 AM
'Hamas Jenkins' coined it
The IP theft never disappears

keg in kc
10-22-2013, 12:10 AM
I think the 1st half really should shut up a lot of people still trying to hate on this team. By that I mean the offense. By offense I mean the QB.Yeah, looks like that's going well for you.

Wallcrawler
10-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Smith hasn't gotten it done. I want to like the guy, I do. He has everything you want in regard to ethic, attitude, etc... but he just is not consistent.

He teases you with flashes of really great play, like on the 97 yard drive. I like his guts when he takes off and runs the football for first downs, and he's made some really good plays this season that Matt Cassel would die of dehydration from his wet dream of making a play like that.

But for every really solid throw and really great play that makes you raise an eyebrow and maybe reconsider your opinion, he has three or four plays where you just yell what the fuck at your tv set.

All QBs have bad plays, I get that. Im not going to sit and hold every single bad play over Smith's head, but at some point you have to hold this guy accountable for the plays that get left out there on the field that likely get made by most other quarterbacks in this league.

This is the NFL. If you have a wide open man on offense that has literally torched his defender, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT THROW. You just have to. NFL defenses are so good that opportunities like that aren't going to happen but a precious few times per game, if at all. If you have three wide open players in the endzone, and a good possibility to score if you just run with it, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT PLAY. There is no excuse for failure in those situations. These are situations where his teammates have executed their part of the plan perfectly, and Alex has the best possible situation in front of him.

If you miss that, then its pretty easy to understand the trepidation in throwing to a guy that has a man on him on the outside, or putting the ball up for your player to give him a chance to make a play.

I get that he's careful and that its pretty rare for him to turn the ball over, but there is going to come a time where we need points, we need them fast, and this offense has not shown an ability to consistently get out there and get points. Id rather lose the game trying to win it, than to lose the game because Smith was trying to be careful and was just too afraid to sling it.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Yeah, looks like that's going well for you.

It should, although it's clear that a very small yet vocal segment of the fan base wants to portray a 7-0 record as an 0-7 record.

To those of you, I say embrace the misery, as misery will always find solace in company.

And don't give me this bullshit about "All we want..." because that's exactly what it is:

Bullshit.

The Chiefs are relevant again. They have their best chance in 20 years at a post season win. The city is happy. Bars are packed. People are excited.

Pointing out bogus nonsense about the lack of unnecessary points left on the field mean nothing after seven games.

splatbass
10-22-2013, 12:36 AM

I agree. A SB is a longshot, but 8 weeks ago 7-0 would have seemed an impossibility, so anything could happen. It is already the best season we've had in ten years, so why not enjoy it?

splatbass
10-22-2013, 12:43 AM
You mean like they exploited an equally but less talented Colts defense last night? Indoors? On Peytons playground?

If not for Gordy, and Butler getting hurt during the game, that's not even close. Darius Butler was a curtain on Welker until he got nicked and was taken off him in the fourth. He held him to 1 catch for 3 yards until the 4th quarter.

The Broncos got exposed last night, and they got beat up physically, and then Vickerson, number 99 committed THREE PERSONAL FOUL penalties in the second half alone.

The Broncos are FRAUDULENT.

I think that is going a little far. They are not fraudulent, but they can be beaten.

But you can't get into a shootout with them. You have to have a defense that can slow them down, and and offense that can control the ball and keep Manning off the field as much as possible. Dallas made the mistake of getting into a shootout, and Manning will beat you at that game every time.

splatbass
10-22-2013, 12:51 AM

Let us know when someone scores 24 on us. So far no one has scored more than 17.

splatbass
10-22-2013, 12:56 AM

Some cherries would be nice right now, can you pick us some?

splatbass
10-22-2013, 01:09 AM

At what point did we almost lose it?

Hammock Parties
10-22-2013, 01:11 AM
At what point did we almost lose it?

Our offense disappeared in the 4th. The Texans were a couple plays from being in FG range for quite a while there. That's all it would have took.

splatbass
10-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Our offense disappeared in the 4th. The Texans were a couple plays from being in FG range for quite a while there. That's all it would have took.

We led the entire game except for a portion of the 3rd. Which didn't last long when Alex Smith led a 97 yard drive to retake the lead, that we never gave up again.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2013, 01:21 AM
We led the entire game except for a portion of the 3rd. Which didn't last long when Alex Smith led a 97 yard drive to retake the lead, that we never gave up again.

I was scared we were going to lose, because Alex kept giving them the ball back. End of story, really.

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 01:37 AM
It should, although it's clear that a very small yet vocal segment of the fan base wants to portray a 7-0 record as an 0-7 record.

To those of you, I say embrace the misery, as misery will always find solace in company.

And don't give me this bullshit about "All we want..." because that's exactly what it is:

Bullshit.

The Chiefs are relevant again. They have their best chance in 20 years at a post season win. The city is happy. Bars are packed. People are excited.

Pointing out bogus nonsense about the lack of unnecessary points left on the field mean nothing after seven games.

I'm enjoying it for sure, but for some reason some people just tend to want to be overly critical even in the face of what should be a celebratory time. Nothing is perfect in the messy reality of life. As 1 grows older you have 2 paths to choose from and it doesn't mean you have to pick 1 exclusively.

Focused on the negative and using it to confirm the cruel harshness in the world.

Focused on the positive and seeing the fleeting moments of joy and happiness when they come into our lives.

For some outside perspective on another fan bases own worry and negative energy spent on their favorite team, I thought this might bring some happiness to those more critical and wanting to pick our team apart.

I pleased with our teams progress not blind to its imperfections.
Though, reading the below brought a smile to my face because when I read the list 1 team immediately came to mind as a nightmare match up!

Let me know and I'll paste the text in case it's not legible from the screen shot posted below?

Discuss Thrower
10-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Ugh. Alex shouldve swatted that batted pass down.

Discuss Thrower
10-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Alex wanted them to run a play with 2:22 left in the 4th... Did he see something that the coaches didn't or was he just totally unaware of the situation.

Discuss Thrower
10-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Bowe should've had that 3rd and 4 catch to ice the game.

Discuss Thrower
10-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Heh.. Can't the argument be made DJ didn't have complete possession of the ball when #75 touched him?

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Heh.. Can't the argument be made DJ didn't have complete possession of the ball when #75 touched him?

You mean at the end of the game? Isn't there some obscure rule still able a touched player behind the line of scrimmage that goes to the ground on a fumble recovery can't advance it further if his contact caused the ball to go further back towards the end zone more than a couple yards.

It's actually probably not an enforced rule any longer, and I could never figure out why it was a rule at one time to begin with?

Just like that old stupid offensive penalty where a player that went out of bounds could not be the 1st person to touch the ball after it left the QB'S hand- even though DBs were exploiting the rule and knocking or riding their guys out on purpose.

Rausch
10-22-2013, 03:17 AM
'Hamas' Jenkins coined it.

It's a perfect descriptor for all of the league's game managers.

It would be if Ca$$hole was a legitimate game manager.

To me it should be Alex-ian...

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 03:20 AM
It would be if Ca$$hole was a legitimate game manager.

To me it should be Alex-ian...

Sure, you can add that to the Alex-icon.

SAUTO
10-22-2013, 06:01 AM

Bullshit.

What does the city being happy, bars being packed, people being excited have to do with any of it?

none of that is winning us a super bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
10-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Sure, you can add that to the Alex-icon.

Nice...

splatbass
10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
I was scared we were going to lose, because Alex kept giving them the ball back. End of story, really.

I'm not sure what a Jets fan like you would have to be scared of in that situation.

ThaVirus
10-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Smith hasn't gotten it done. I want to like the guy, I do. He has everything you want in regard to ethic, attitude, etc... but he just is not consistent.

He teases you with flashes of really great play, like on the 97 yard drive. I like his guts when he takes off and runs the football for first downs, and he's made some really good plays this season that Matt Cassel would die of dehydration from his wet dream of making a play like that.

But for every really solid throw and really great play that makes you raise an eyebrow and maybe reconsider your opinion, he has three or four plays where you just yell what the **** at your tv set.

All QBs have bad plays, I get that. Im not going to sit and hold every single bad play over Smith's head, but at some point you have to hold this guy accountable for the plays that get left out there on the field that likely get made by most other quarterbacks in this league.

This is the NFL. If you have a wide open man on offense that has literally torched his defender, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT THROW. You just have to. NFL defenses are so good that opportunities like that aren't going to happen but a precious few times per game, if at all. If you have three wide open players in the endzone, and a good possibility to score if you just run with it, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT PLAY. There is no excuse for failure in those situations. These are situations where his teammates have executed their part of the plan perfectly, and Alex has the best possible situation in front of him.

If you miss that, then its pretty easy to understand the trepidation in throwing to a guy that has a man on him on the outside, or putting the ball up for your player to give him a chance to make a play.

I get that he's careful and that its pretty rare for him to turn the ball over, but there is going to come a time where we need points, we need them fast, and this offense has not shown an ability to consistently get out there and get points. Id rather lose the game trying to win it, than to lose the game because Smith was trying to be careful and was just too afraid to sling it.

Fantastic post.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 10:14 AM
What does the city being happy, bars being packed, people being excited have to do with any of it?

Posted via Mobile Device

People watch football for a variety of reasons.

If you can only derive pleasure and enjoyment if "your" team wins a Super Bowl, good luck.

That sounds like a colossal waste of time and energy to me.

jlw62987
10-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Let us know when someone scores 24 on us. So far no one has scored more than 17.

It will happen eventually. I promise.

jlw62987
10-22-2013, 02:48 PM

But for every really solid throw and really great play that makes you raise an eyebrow and maybe reconsider your opinion, he has three or four plays where you just yell what the **** at your tv set.

Perfectly sums up Alex Smith.

WhiteWhale
10-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Have to disagree to an extent. The way Jc ran the route made it a lot harder of a throw. Should Smith still have had hit it? Yes. Like I said, both could have helped each other out more on that play.

Umm... you realize that Alex under-threw the ball and tossed it out of bounds right?

Jamaal roasted his guy and Alex failed to deliver a catchable ball. Period.

Marcellus
10-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

But all the complaining is getting us closer to a SB?

I know the coach, the GM, and the players we have right now have gotten us this far and nobody predicted that.

WhiteWhale
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

The chiefs win the superbowl. You don't win shit. You're just a fan.

Stop hinging your personal identity on the success/failure of something you have no control over, or this is what happens... you focus on the negative and complain about it constantly... even when the team is winning.

Pull the tampon out of your ass. Skepticism is one thing but being a whiny morose bitch is another.

warrior
10-22-2013, 03:22 PM

Sure you did/:) what in your diapers

displacedinMN
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
does anyone have stats on the long 4th quarter drives the season ?