PDA

View Full Version : News UPDATE: Karma episode 288163 For Toppling Rocks in Goblin Valley

Dave Lane
10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Glenn Taylor filmed pushing 2,000-pound rock one month after filing lawsuit saying he was disabled

Glenn Taylor was filmed pushing over a ton of sandstone at Utah's Goblin Valley State Park after he filed papers against Alan Macdonald, claiming he 'endure(d) great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life' from a 2009 crash involving MacDonald's daughter.

A heavyweight rock crusher's disability claim is being slammed by critics as more mental than physical.

Glenn Taylor — who infamously filmed his ability to knock over an ancient 2,000-pound sandstone with his bare hands — filed a lawsuit claiming "debilitating" physical injury weeks before the stunt's filming, it has been revealed.

Taylor, seen destroying a 200 million-year-old goblin sandstone formation in Utah's Goblin Valley State Park last week, filed a personal injury lawsuit last month claiming to have been disabled after a car crash four years ago.
Since that 2009 crash the Boy Scout leader claims he's "endure(d) great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life," according to his lawsuit filed against the father of the then teen driver responsible for that crash.

Taylor also high fives with his son and another Boy Scout leader who were present to see his accomplishment.

Taylor also high fives with his son and another Boy Scout leader who were present to see his accomplishment.

That tragically described condition, however, appears far removed from the energetic display Taylor puts on in the video uploaded to YouTube - and that could have him facing felony charges.

"We did something right, the wrong way," Taylor defended his behavior to NBC of the Jurassic-era rock that after millions of years he claims was just waiting to fall down and hurt someone.
In the video Taylor, his son and fellow trooper leader Dave Hall are seen high fiving and cheering after the sandstone's destruction.
After performing his Herculean feat, Taylor strikes a pose while flexing his arms.

After performing his Herculean feat, Taylor strikes a pose while flexing his arms.

Taylor further playfully demonstrates his physical strength by striking a wrestling pose with his arms after its topple.

Alan Macdonald, the father of the 2009 teen driver, isn't buying it.
"I was just a little surprised because he looks like a fairly strong, able-bodied guy to me," MacDonald told KUTV after watching his stunt.
Alan Macdonald, who is being sued by Taylor for injury related to a crash involving his daughter, said : ‘I was just a little surprised because he looks like a fairly strong, able-bodied guy to me."

It was MacDonald's then 16-year-old daughter who was faulted for the crash, which involved several vehicles but no hospitalizations.
Taylor who was approached by KUTV from outside his car had little to say to an inquiring reporter.

Ace Gunner
10-21-2013, 05:08 PM
q

Dave Lane
10-21-2013, 05:08 PM
And.......

http://localtvkstu.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/goblin-valley-fi1.jpg?w=342

The men involved with toppling an ancient sandstone formation at Goblin Valley State Park have been removed from their leadership positions in the Boy Scouts of America.

Many have expressed outrage after the men posted a video of themselves toppling the rock formation that dates back to the Jurassic period, but the men said they pushed the boulder over for safety reasons.

The Utah National Parks Council released this statement regarding the incident:
Based on the actions of the individuals involved with the Goblin Valley incident, the Utah National Parks Council has removed them from their leadership positions in the Boy Scouts of America.

“Leave No Trace” teaches the value of natural areas and the methods we can use to help protect and conserve these areas for future generations. We encourage all leaders and Scouts to review the “Leave No Trace” principles, as we are all a part of maintaining the integrity, character and the natural beauty of the outdoors for all living things.

Dave Lane
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
q

No I posted the other thread read again please

Rain Man
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I was about to post a Q thing, but this is new news. That's hilarious. This guy is one of the stupidest people on the planet.

TribalElder
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
You can't be scout leaders anymore for playing with rocks

We are also going to give you a spanking mr

lolz

Ace Gunner
10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
No I posted the other thread read again please

well I suppose this is a new angle, but it's the same incident.

Dave Lane
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I was about to post a Q thing, but this is new news. That's hilarious. This guy is one of the stupidest people on the planet.

Karma is a BITCH!

TribalElder
10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
ME FLIP BIG ROCK

FLEX

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/SURPRISE_d2427b_290798.gif

Gravedigger
10-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Loss of joy of life.... wtf? You know a lawsuit is pure bullshit when they include completely made up charges. It's like calling yourself a sandwich artist on your resume when you worked at Subway.

vailpass
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM
What a dumb mf.