PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 7-0? Still no respect.....

swayy07
10-22-2013, 09:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-nfl-050709533--nfl.html?vp=1

6. Kansas City Chiefs (7-0, LW: 5)
This might be too high, because among AFC contenders ranked lower I think New England or Cincinnati would beat them on a neutral field. But they deserve this spot because of their record, no matter the strength of schedule.

I understand power rankings dont mean anything, but it still irks me that we cant get any respect even being the last unbeaten.

Fish
10-22-2013, 09:33 AM
no1curr

Rausch
10-22-2013, 09:34 AM
no1curr

http://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/wolverines-red-dawn.jpg

Color Red
10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-nfl-050709533--nfl.html?vp=1

This might be too high, because among AFC contenders ranked lower I think New England or Cincinnati would beat them on a neutral field. But they deserve this spot because of their record, no matter the strength of schedule.

I understand power rankings dont mean anything, but it still irks me that we cant get any respect even being the last unbeaten.

Correct. Denver has played mostly the same schedule that we had, but until they lost, the Rankers acted like they were God's gift to football. See, defense doesn't count to Rankers in the NFL. You can give up 27 points a game, but if you are outscoring your opponents, it doesn't matter.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Football fans are dumb. They never respect the teams with an elite defense, but jerkoff to 8-9 win teams that THROW IT DEEEEEEP

Rausch
10-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Football fans are dumb. They never respect the teams with an elite offense, but jerkoff to 8-9 win teams that THROW IT DEEEEEEP

Not real sure of yer' point here...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Not real sure of yer' point here...

Mistype heh

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Last week 5? Sucks that we lost....oh wait.

Dayze
10-22-2013, 09:47 AM
would be relevant if we were NCAA.

I'll take 7-0. Spots 1-4 can masturbate into their socks.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a bitter donkey fan bitch to me.

Bearcat
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
The 2008 Titans probably felt the same way.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
The top team in the league shouldn't let guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrelle Pryor and Case Keenum hang around into the 4th.

Rausch
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Last week 5? Sucks that we lost....oh wait.

"I'm always angry..."

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130428075647/villains/images/1/12/World_war_hulk_4.jpg

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chiefsreid-600x318.jpg

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
The top team in the league shouldn't let guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrelle Pryor and Case Keenum hang around into the 4th.

Man our defense just sucks....

lcarus
10-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Man our defense just sucks....

Well it's the offense that sucks and lets these teams hang around. But it doesn't matter. Just keep winning bitches! :)

Rausch
10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Well it's the offense that sucks and lets these teams hang around. But it doesn't matter. Just keep winning bitches! :)

Bring us an offense that can top us...

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Bring us an offense that can top us...

Manning is teh like best evar!!!!!!!!! not even their entire offense just Manning...he's like ...ya know....really...good.

GOB
10-22-2013, 10:01 AM
We're #1 on ESPN:

Power Rankings are pretty dumb. As far as I'm concerned the only determinant for who is #1 is the superbowl winner. But you can't say the Chiefs aren't getting respect

Pablo
10-22-2013, 10:02 AM
You power ranking guys are going to be really upset when we finally lose one and it drops us out of the top ten.

Wrist slitting everywhere.

Brock
10-22-2013, 10:03 AM
This team would shitbeat either of those teams.

HemiEd
10-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Correct. Denver has played mostly the same schedule that we had, but until they lost, the Rankers acted like they were God's gift to football. See, defense doesn't count to Rankers in the NFL. You can give up 27 points a game, but if you are outscoring your opponents, it doesn't matter.

Peyton Manning That is the difference, end of story.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2013, 10:05 AM
This team would shitbeat either of those teams.

This. Have they seen the Pats and Bengals play this year?

Rausch
Manning is teh like best evar!!!!!!!!! not even their entire offense just Manning...he's like ...ya know....really...good.

"Bring him to me at my worst, I'll try to be at my best..."

http://www.bjjproblems.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/imYourHuckleberry-bjjp.gif

okcchief
Beat good teams and respect will come. It's not the BCS. Who cares?

hometeam
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Arbitrary ranking systems mean everything!

Wait. No. That's backwards.

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Album_no_respect.jpg

Strongside
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
That guy is a fucking mouth breather who will still rank us at number 5 if we win the Super Bowl.

Rausch
10-22-2013, 10:11 AM
That guy is a ****ing mouth breather who will still rank us at number 5 if we win the Super Bowl.

Keep winning.

Keep the excuses flowing...

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
That guy is a ****ing mouth breather who will still rank us at number 5 if we win the Super Bowl.

5.(lw:32) Kansas City Chiefs..Ya they won the superbowl...but I still see Peyton as the better player than the entire Chiefs team...We shall see what they do in the offseason, but I can't rank them any higher cuz i've never fapped to them.

Strongside
10-22-2013, 10:14 AM
From ESPN:

Chiefs
7-0

Last Week: 2 The Chiefs defense has been devastating this season, leading the NFL in PPG allowed (11.6), sacks (35) and passes defended/intercepted (47).

CaliforniaChief
10-22-2013, 10:16 AM
The concept of power rankings/respect in the NFL is useless.

Respect will happen when we start winning playoff games and hoisting trophies. Until then, the Escalades are useless.

Imon Yourside
10-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Respect will happen when we start winning playoff games and hoisting trophies. Until then, the Escalades are useless.

I like me some Escalades!

Mr. Plow
10-22-2013, 10:21 AM

ESCALADES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!1111!

http://www.lexani.com/media/images/rendered/2011_Cadillac_Escalade%20_790_v1.jpg

Jerok
10-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I never go by yahoo power rankings. I only go by EPSN, which respects standings and 'don't place teams higher than teams that beat them' rules.

And on EPSN power rankings (just released week 8's) we're number one.

Chiefs #1!!! GO CHIEFS!!

The Chiefs defense has been devastating this season, leading the NFL in PPG allowed (11.6), sacks (35) and passes defended/intercepted (47).

CaliforniaChief
10-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I love me some Escalades. Hell, Jamaal can call them whatever he wants. What a beast.

Phobia
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
The 72 Dolphins accidentally drank up all their stash Sunday night after the Colts took down the Broncos.

Baby Lee
10-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Where would the defense review their game tape.

warrior
10-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Why we like to punish them :hmmm:

Easy 6
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM

Its called pro football, there are very few easy games.

Baby Lee
10-22-2013, 02:38 PM
A good deal more respect in the comments section, though.

FlaChief58
10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've been giving frank shit all day about his bullshit rankings like moving the jets up 6 spots because they're winning close games but moving the Chiefs down for winning a close game. That douche bag has been down on the Chiefs all year. I know power polls don't mean shit, but it pisses me off that even as the last unbeaten team, we don't get no respect.

blaise
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
The whole, 'Where's our respect?" thing always confused me. What do you want, a parade or something? They're going to play the games and they'll win or lose. So, who cares about radio shows or the papers?

Bwana
10-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Franks looks and sounds a lot like crazy little Barry, the rant king. I wonder if he is also on meth?

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2013, 03:22 PM

This post is fucking stupid.

The D did it's job.

These QBs have nothing to do with the fact that the Chiefs Offense sucks.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
so this guy punks the chiefs "because they haven't beaten anyone" and then proceeds to put the mannings two positions up. frank schlub is nuts.

10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
I hope they continue to disrespect us. I like it better this way.

Beef Supreme
10-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I hope they continue to disrespect us. I like it better this way.

Yeah. First off, who cares what other people think.

Second, I'm already feeling a little uncomfortable with all of these "analysts" jumping on the bandwagon about the Chiefs Defense being good. Like I needed them to reassure me or something.

Third, disrespect leads to suffering, suffering leads to hate, something something darkside.

MMXcalibur
10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I read power rankings from the major sites every Tuesday, but I put zero stock in any of it (as you should). You may as well go to NFL.com, sort by passing yards, and rank the teams that way.

MMXcalibur
10-22-2013, 03:56 PM
so this guy punks the chiefs "because they haven't beaten anyone" and then proceeds to put the mannings two positions up. frank schlub is nuts.

Yeah, I don't get why Denver gets a free pass on the "schedule" front, but hey...that would kill the media's boner for the Broncos.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
This post is fucking stupid.

The D did it's job.

These QBs have nothing to do with the fact that the Chiefs Offense sucks.

Those guys did nothing for the better part of the game.

Our offense had LOTS of chances because of those crappy QBs.

Doing nothing with those chances is pathetic and gives me pause. What happens when the good QBs come along?

Bearcat
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I don't get why Denver gets a free pass on the "schedule" front, but hey...that would kill the media's boner for the Broncos.

Because you can pretty much assume Manning will keep them in any game this season, where as the Chiefs defense wasn't known to the same coming into the season.

As far as the respect thing, I guess some people just seek out the negative stuff... Jaws had the "Super Bowl blue print" with an arrowhead on the cover for the entire 2003 season and people were still crying about respect when someone else would say the Chiefs had some lucky wins or whatever. There's been plenty of respect this year, too.

Contrarian
10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
We're #1 on ESPN:

Power Rankings are pretty dumb. As far as I'm concerned the only determinant for who is #1 is the superbowl winner. But you can't say the Chiefs aren't getting respect

They aren't getting respect!

Mama Hip Rockets
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
The Chiefs are #1 on ESPN.com and NFL.com. They are getting respect.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
What happens when the good QBs come along?

You seem to have all the answers, so why don't you tell us?

Psyko Tek
10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

fuck there respect

KcMizzou
10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Don't give a shit. Chiefs just need to keep doing what they're doing.

SeeingRed
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Awesome...bulletin board material =)

Eleazar
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I hope the team keeps getting disrespected all year. Seems to be working.

SeeingRed
10-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I hope the team keeps getting disrespected all year. Seems to be working.

agreed

Iconic
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
We don't get respect because we don't have a QB. It's not like the NFL has some personal vendetta against us- it's just reality.

cdcox
10-22-2013, 08:05 PM
We're #1 on ESPN:

Actually, the best team wins the Super Bowl only about 25% of the time. This is a product of a short regular season and a single-elimination playoff format.

KcMizzou
10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope the team keeps getting disrespected all year. Seems to be working.Yep.

Everything in the NFL is cyclical. Right now, it's all about high flying offenses. These "counter culture" Chiefs (ty, Mellinger) are undefeated doing it the other way.

I can't name a team that's a worse match-up for Denver than the Chiefs. We get the Colts at Arrowhead without Wayne... Pryor on the road. Phillip Rivers looks good again, I guess.. but I figure we split with them at worst.

The Chiefs have a real chance at home field advantage in the playoffs. And that would be HUGE.

Mav
10-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Actually, the best team wins the Super Bowl only about 25% of the time. This is a product of a short regular season and a single-elimination playoff format.

Incorrect in my opinion.

The best team always wins the super bowl.

The problem is, too many times the BEST team is considered to be the team with the best qb, and best offense.

When in reality, the teams that don't make mistakes, can run the ball, and play great defense, usually win the super bowls and usually have the best, TEAM.

People overcomplicate the term.

The packers are considered a good to great team. They aren't. Bad oline, suspect defense, thin secondary.

The patriots. They aren't. Limited offensive weapons, mediocre oline, bad lbs.

It is what it is.

HoneyBadger
10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
BCS

oh_snap
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM

Honestly, this team is what it is. Are we 7-0? Yes. Would it be nice to be 7-0 with a difficult schedule? Sure. Soon enough we will see what this team is made of. We face the broncos, then the chargers and the colts. We will see what this team is made of when we play them. If we lose those games than the naysayers are essentially correct about the Chiefs.

I'm just thrilled that this team is 7-0 regardless of their schedule. Who would have thought that this team would be 7-0 after winning 2 games just a year ago? We've already equaled all our wins from 2011, two more and we will have won 9 games; as many games as we won from 2011-2012 COMBINED.

I think we all need to remember this. Lets not get our hopes up too high. This is still a young team learning a new scheme under a new head coach. I really think next year will be a very good year for this team (deep playoff run, beating good teams, and beating bad teams handily).

The only way to shut the haters up is to keep on winning. Winning solves everything.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-22-2013, 10:31 PM

Asinine.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 10:33 PM

see -- this is the poison of statistical nerdism

jdubya
10-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Beat the Doncos and you will have believers. Lose to the Doncs and all will be saying, "see, I told you so." And everybody here will be posting about how much Smith sucks and we need a QB......Can`t wait to come here after that game....

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 10:35 PM
"you did not win that game"

sonofabitch

Wallcrawler
10-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Respect is earned, not given.

The first step is winning the division. Chiefs are 1-0 there, and Im sure Terrelle Pryor is still having some nightmares about that game.

The rest is pretty meaningless. Win the division, get to the playoffs. That's what counts, and those big division games are coming up soon.

Win a playoff game, something this franchise has not done in 20 years, THEN you will see the respect, and acknowledgement that the team is for real.

salame
10-23-2013, 01:59 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6134336768/h766745E1/

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Ok, smack aside... there's no respect by some, for a few reasons. And, honestly I think it's a small majority, because I hear about KC all the time on the networks and it's all positive - aside from comments about the offense that don't include Charles.

Anyway - here is why I believe there's the "Yeah, but..." sentiment towards the Chiefs.

1) 2 win team from 2012 playing a last place schedule, that has consisted of Jags, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Titans, Raiders & Texans. That is 7 teams that combine for 15 wins and only 1 of those 7 is currently at or over .500

2) Offensively, through 7 games - it's 7 passing TDs and 7 rushing TDs and 12 FGs. Alex Smith hasn't thrown a passing TD since week 4, but has 4 INTs since week 4.

3) Scores have been close and low (fewer than 5) at the start of the 4th quarter of most games, aside from Jags, PHI and Giants. Not saying they should have big leads every game, but it could be perceived as a concerning trend long term.

4) Defense is top rated, but ... Gabbert, Fitzpatrick, Pryor, Keenum - just saying. There's a reason why some might look at an Indy and say now they've had a few statement games, despite being 5-2. I think Fitz and Keenum had some good moments.

I know that many point to the previous mantra of "Defense Wins Championships"... not sure that really applies as much as it did a decade or two ago. It's no lock that this defense will shut down a strong offense. At some point, the offense has to stand up ... it's not a complicated offense, it's week 8, time to do something. And, I mention this because I know that most will come back with "Denver has played essentially the same schedule and given up more points". Sure, but it's a passing league now... Indy's defense did a good job vs Denver, but Denver still had 429 total yards - roughly 380 passing with 3 TDs while scoring 33 points. Denver left points on the field...

So, yes they rattled him, but they still had to score 33+ points to win it.

Just saying.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't really care about the respect.

It does bother me though when it's mentioned that KC hasn't played anyone. Well, other than the Colts, neither has Denver.

And you can only play the games on your schedule.

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 06:49 AM

It does bother me though when it's mentioned that KC hasn't played anyone. We'll, other than the Colts, neither has Denver.

Oh and Denver lost that game.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 06:50 AM
What is Denver's opponents record?

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Ok, smack aside... there's no respect by some, for a few reasons. And, honestly I think it's a small majority, because I hear about KC all the time on the networks and it's all positive - aside from comments about the offense that don't include Charles.

Anyway - here is why I believe there's the "Yeah, but..." sentiment towards the Chiefs.

1) 2 win team from 2012 playing a last place schedule, that has consisted of Jags, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Titans, Raiders & Texans. That is 7 teams that combine for 15 wins and only 1 of those 7 is currently at or over .500

2) Offensively, through 7 games - it's 7 passing TDs and 7 rushing TDs and 12 FGs. Alex Smith hasn't thrown a passing TD since week 4, but has 4 INTs since week 4.

3) Scores have been close and low (fewer than 5) at the start of the 4th quarter of most games, aside from Jags, PHI and Giants. Not saying they should have big leads every game, but it could be perceived as a concerning trend long term.

4) Defense is top rated, but ... Gabbert, Fitzpatrick, Pryor, Keenum - just saying. There's a reason why some might look at an Indy and say now they've had a few statement games, despite being 5-2. I think Fitz and Keenum had some good moments.

I know that many point to the previous mantra of "Defense Wins Championships"... not sure that really applies as much as it did a decade or two ago. It's no lock that this defense will shut down a strong offense. At some point, the offense has to stand up ... it's not a complicated offense, it's week 8, time to do something. And, I mention this because I know that most will come back with "Denver has played essentially the same schedule and given up more points". Sure, but it's a passing league now... Indy's defense did a good job vs Denver, but Denver still had 429 total yards - roughly 380 passing with 3 TDs while scoring 33 points. Denver left points on the field...

So, yes they rattled him, but they still had to score 33+ points to win it.

Just saying.

7-0 or 6-1? which sounds better?

Bugeater
10-23-2013, 06:51 AM

Dude...come on...you are smarter than this.

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Again, I'm just saying that if I tried to read between the lines of the doubters right now... that's what I would think they're considering when they discount KC. That's all.

And, as you read my whole comment... I addressed the "what is Denver's opponent's record" comment. Right or wrong, I think it boils down to the inconsistency of the offense and the fact that KC is playing in close games during the 4th Quarter more than anything.

7-0 or 6-1? which sounds better?

Obviously, 7-0 'sounds' better.

WhiteWhale
10-23-2013, 06:55 AM
People are going to come up with reasons KC is 'not for real' for 2 reasons.

1. This team has been shit for a decade

2. They were totally fooled in 2010 expecting big things for KC in 2011... and we know what happened.

Who cares if they get respect? This isn't a respect competition. Winning is all that matters.

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Again, I'm just saying that if I tried to read between the lines of the doubters right now... that's what I would think they're considering when they discount KC. That's all.

And, as you read my whole comment... I addressed the "what is Denver's opponent's record" comment. Right or wrong, I think it boils down to the inconsistency of the offense and the fact that KC is playing in close games during the 4th Quarter more than anything.

No No...7-0 IS better. ;)

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 06:56 AM

2. They were totally fooled in 2010 expecting big things for KC in 2011... and we know what happened.

Who cares if they get respect? This isn't a respect competition. Winning is all that matters.

And, there you go...

WhiteWhale
10-23-2013, 06:57 AM

It really boils down to the team KC has been for the past 10 years.

If KC had gone 13-3 last year, they'd be getting more respect.

It takes time.

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 07:00 AM
No No...7-0 IS better. ;)

True, but you asked which 'sounds' not which 'is' better...

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 07:02 AM
True, but you asked which 'sounds' not which 'is' better...

You're usually more fun to troll, what gives man?

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 07:13 AM
You're usually more fun to troll, what gives man?

I don't know... seems like I annoy some of you more now that you're winning games, compared to the past. Who knows.

warrior
10-23-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't know... seems like I annoy some of you more now that you're winning games, compared to the past. Who knows.

Dont post a lot on this site but you're my favorite troll almost always like your humor and football take's even through ther're kind of orange.

:thumb:

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Football fans are dumb. They never respect the teams with an elite defense, but jerkoff to 8-9 win teams that THROW IT DEEEEEEP

Balls deep

Rausch
10-23-2013, 07:47 AM
What is Denver's opponents record?

Shhhhhh...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Incorrect in my opinion.

The best team always wins the super bowl.

The problem is, too many times the BEST team is considered to be the team with the best qb, and best offense.

When in reality, the teams that don't make mistakes, can run the ball, and play great defense, usually win the super bowls and usually have the best, TEAM.

People overcomplicate the term.

The packers are considered a good to great team. They aren't. Bad oline, suspect defense, thin secondary.

The patriots. They aren't. Limited offensive weapons, mediocre oline, bad lbs.

It is what it is.

No they do not.

Rausch
10-23-2013, 07:51 AM
No they do not.

The super bowl is how you judge who's the best.

Not regular season wins or stats...

bevischief
10-23-2013, 08:11 AM

I am more than likely going to watch one if not both Bronco's games with a couple of Bronco's fans up here.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I am more than likely going to watch one if not both Bronco's games with a couple of Bronco's fans up here.

cut off their rat tails when they aren't looking

aturnis
10-23-2013, 08:32 AM
The Chiefs are #1 on ESPN.com and NFL.com. They are getting respect.

People are mostly talking about how you turn on any ESPN, NFLn, CBSsports, Fox sports Live or NBCsports and almost never see KC. They constantly talk Denver, New England, Seattle, 49ers, RG3, or any number of other number of over played story lines, but only mention KC in passing.

I've had multiple non KC fan friends ask "when are they going to start talking about KC?". My answer is usually, "when they beat Denver".

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
People are mostly talking about how you turn on any ESPN, NFLn, CBSsports, Fox sports Live or NBCsports and almost never see KC. They constantly talk Denver, New England, Seattle, 49ers, RG3, or any number of other number of over played story lines, but only mention KC in passing.

I've had multiple non KC fan friends ask "when are they going to start talking about KC?". My answer is usually, "when they beat Denver".

Or when the offense is consistently effective and mate than just good enough. I listen to Sirius sports shows and there's a lot of KC love that you are missing.

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM

yep

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
You guys are silly. I have heard plenty of talk of KC. Lots calling us for real and a legit Super Bowl contender. Hell, flipped on national radio for a 2nd and they were getting a nice, long hummer.

SeeingRed
10-23-2013, 09:54 AM

This is a GOOD thing! ;-)

ROYC75
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM

It does bother me though when it's mentioned that KC hasn't played anyone. We'll, other than the Colts, neither has Denver.

THIS X 1000.

Respect will come when we really do something. Right now all we have done is win a few games, that's it.

burt
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Gonna agree.....I don't care about props......just wins.

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
You guys are silly. I have heard plenty of talk of KC. Lots calling us for real and a legit Super Bowl contender. Hell, flipped on national radio for a 2nd and they were getting a nice, long hummer.

No doubt... I actually don't watch much TV with all the work and family stuff... but, I get plenty of radio time in the car. KC is getting all sorts of love. If people are talking about a lack of "SB talking love", then I think it all falls back to KC's offense... you have to go back a ways to find a SB team with an offense that has been as average (albeit consistent) as KC's has been through 7 games.

If the offense picks up the pace and they keep winning, then yeah - all the talking heads and many more bandwagon noobs will be running amuck for your pleasure.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 10:00 AM
We don't get respect because we don't have a QB. It's not like the NFL has some personal vendetta against us- it's just reality.

Troll

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM
No doubt... I actually don't watch much TV with all the work and family stuff... but, I get plenty of radio time in the car. KC is getting all sorts of love. If people are talking about a lack of "SB talking love", then I think it all falls back to KC's offense... you have to go back a ways to find a SB team with an offense that has been as average (albeit consistent) as KC's has been through 7 games.

If the offense picks up the pace and they keep winning, then yeah - all the talking heads and many more bandwagon noobs will be running amuck for your pleasure.

I have heard plenty of that too. People are insane at times. Lots of comparison to the 00 Ravens with more offensive potential.

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Or when the offense is consistently effective and mate than just good enough. I listen to Sirius sports shows and there's a lot of KC love that you are missing.

Shut the F up!!! Your "ustoppable" offense is 6-1 and smelling our farts. DEFENSE still wins championships......

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
I listen to NFL on Sirius a lot.

Chiefs come up a lot.

Then again, so does their schedule...

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:08 AM

You have to go back a ways to find a SB team with a defense as bad as yours........

ptlyon
10-23-2013, 10:19 AM
DEFENSE still wins championships......

Yeah, that's why we have 3 SB wins in the 90's

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that's why we have 3 SB wins in the 90's

It still wins championships......Don't be fooled by the Marty jinx...

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:24 AM
How did you like Vermeil's ONE playoff appearance while he was here? Eli won because their D shut down Brady.....Fivehead won when his D miraculously started stopping the run in the playoffs.....Fivehead played terrible.....3 TD, 7 Int in the playoffs his SB year....

burt
10-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Without a few awesome plays from all three phases of the game, we wouldn't be 7-0. It's not just our d.

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Suck on dat!!! F enver, F the media and F all doubters........26-5-1 since 2011 for A. Smith.......He doesn't have to be the best player on the team, just be that Point guard.......Good point guards do what? Get the ball to the scorers and don't turn it over.....plus, make some plays for themselves, which Smith can do with his legs and his arm, even if it goes unnoticed as if it didn't happen...

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Without a few awesome plays from all three phases of the game, we wouldn't be 7-0. It's not just our d.

Of course, but that D is the catalyst.....11 ppg? In a so-called passing league which favors the offense? Even the general public is brainwashed.....

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:29 AM
It's a TEAM game, all enver has is Fivehead........

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Fuck those pussies......they cried for flags at every incomplete pass when they were covered....."it's not fair......they were covering me......we are supposed to score 50 every game......make them stop covering me.......waaaaaaaaahhhhhh"

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Everybody is convinced that your QB has to be the best player on the team and that is just not true.......Flacco is the last QB to win.......Flacco.....So it was Smith's fault that the PR fumbled twice late in the game in the NFC championship game?

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Please stop comparing him to Cassel, Smith has won playoff games, Cassel? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Tired of the bullshit, Chiefs are legit.........suck it donkey fan...for some reason, I think that is you in your avatar with that barrel around your waist.....

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Too much truth, I know....I ain't no scared pussy ass fan....."Oh, what if we lose in the playoffs?" Shut the hell up and grow a fucking sack....

Mr. Plow
10-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Stop talking to yourself dumbass.

chiefs1okie
10-23-2013, 10:42 AM

:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Please stop comparing him to Cassel, Smith has won playoff games, Cassel? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Alex won 1.

So has Teblow.

The Franchise
10-23-2013, 10:45 AM

Shhh....he's pumping himself up.

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 10:45 AM
You have to go back a ways to find a SB team with a defense as bad as yours........

2011 giants were 27th in yards per game allowed - 29th in passing yards per game - 25th in points per game allowed... so yeah, I guess you're spot on. And, last year, Baltimore's defense was pretty "iffy" most of the season, not ranked too high in many areas.

But, yeah in 2011 ... the Giants were right up there with a stinky defense. Good post though.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 10:48 AM
They turned it on in the playoffs. We all know what Denver's D looks like against quality offenses.

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 10:52 AM
They turned it on in the playoffs. We all know what Denver's D looks like against quality offenses.

Hell, they looked bad against the Jags. Point is, Denver left too many points on the field.

The turnovers and fumbles by the RBs are killing them. When the ball was stripped from Holliday, it didn't bounce ... not out of bounds, not anywhere, just sat there and spun perfectly.

The defense is playing bad, but just as KC's offense can get better - so can Denver's defense. Silly to suggest that one can and the other cannot.

Bottom line is that Denver's offense was 'off' a bit, but they still put up big numbers and had a chance to win it... they didn't, so you move on.

It's not a top defense, I've never said they were...

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Fuck you bitch

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
2011 giants were 27th in yards per game allowed - 29th in passing yards per game - 25th in points per game allowed... so yeah, I guess you're spot on. And, last year, Baltimore's defense was pretty "iffy" most of the season, not ranked too high in many areas.

But, yeah in 2011 ... the Giants were right up there with a stinky defense. Good post though.

Point is, the D stepped up when it mattered, thus a championship was won......try again....your D looks like the 2003 chiefs.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Fuck you bitch

LMAO

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Point is, the D stepped up when it mattered, thus a championship was won......try again....your D looks like the 2003 chiefs.

Ah, ok... so you threw something out there that is refuted and you say "no, no... look at it this way". Whatever.

Packfan12
10-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I think you beat Denver in Arrowhead.

Amnorix
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
#1 on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/8

#2 on SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131023/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-seattle-seahawks/?sct=nfl_t1t_a1

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Kansas City Chiefs (7-0)
At the rate they're currently giving up points -- 11.6 per game, best in the league -- the Chiefs would have to play 37 games to match the number of points allowed by last year's K.C. defense (425).

ARROW2
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Ah, ok... so you threw something out there that is refuted and you say "no, no... look at it this way". Whatever.

No, that's what I meant all along you dumb ass mountain living punk. Can you comprehend anything?

Jakemall
10-23-2013, 01:54 PM
No, that's what I meant all along you dumb ass mountain living punk. Can you comprehend anything?

He's a fan of what team and you asked him this? :D

FlaChief58
10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Kansas City Chiefs (7-0)
At the rate they're currently giving up points -- 11.6 per game, best in the league -- the Chiefs would have to play 37 games to match the number of points allowed by last year's K.C. defense (425).

Mmmm

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 02:23 PM
#1 on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/8

#2 on SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131023/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-seattle-seahawks/?sct=nfl_t1t_a1

SI lol Seahags jump 3 spots on a win over the Cards?

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Do we get a BCS title game berth if we finish in the top two?

FlaChief58
10-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Do we get a BCS title game berth if we finish in the top two?

No, not enough style points

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 04:53 PM

So, you're like 17 or something right...

vailpass
10-23-2013, 04:56 PM
So, you're like 17 or something right...

Oh just go climb one of those mountains in Tejas...:D

Mile High Mania
10-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh just go climb one of those mountains in Tejas...:D

I walked up my driveway, that's about as good as it gets around here... :)

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Frank Swab is such a Dbag. He is a Chiefs hater so should just take them off his rankings all together. He obviously has not watched the games and is just repeating others opinions.

Trakkk
10-23-2013, 07:13 PM
some of the posters here dont even respect their own QB

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:17 PM
some of the posters here dont even respect their own QB

He's not our QB.

He's some castoff that's going to suck the life out of this team.

He's a fucking vampire.