PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who was the ex Chief on 610 just now that eviscerated Greg Robinson?

wazu
10-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Just heard end of an interview. Guy saying G-Rob was disrespectful, whiney, and boasted about his Super Bowl rings all the time. It was an absolute beat down. But I missed the name. He was bemoaning having to drop into coverage rather than rush the passer.

wazu
10-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Update: They just said it was Duane Clemons.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Always liked Clemons

KCUnited
10-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Always remember that hit he put on McNair.

wazu
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
He basically said Robinson was the worst coach he ever had. Mocked his rings. "Umm, John Elway got you those rings."

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Still amazes me that Robinson can get jobs. He was such an integral part of Denver's success that they immediately shitcanned him. And beyond that, he's failed utterly and spectacularly everywhere he's been. Yet people continue to hire him. How is that possible?

Anyway, good for Clemons. At least we now know that Robinson doesn't get his jobs by being nice.

Frosty
10-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Who was the ex Chief on 610 just now that eviscerated Greg Robinson?

Too bad this wasn't literal :cuss:

Rausch
10-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Still amazes me that Robinson can get jobs. He was such an integral part of Denver's success that they immediately shitcanned him. And beyond that, he's failed utterly and spectacularly everywhere he's been. Yet people continue to hire him. How is that possible?

Anyway, good for Clemons. At least we now know that Robinson doesn't get his jobs by being nice.

His ties got us DJ.

His usefulness is now at an end...

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Too bad this wasn't literal :cuss:

Nah. I love him being with Bevo now. That's awesome. :clap:

NewChief
10-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I've heard some hilarious stories about GRob's days with the Chiefs. How he'd act like his defense had won the game whenever they got a lucky stop at the end. He'd make big speeches claiming credit for the victory and such.

FringeNC
10-22-2013, 11:17 AM
As bad as Robinson was, when Gunther took over in 2004, D got much, much worse (almost a full yard per play). Gun was an absolute disaster.

We've had some real garbage DCs here...Robinson, Gunther, and Crennel last year. Last year's D was as bad as Robinson and Gunther's units, and Crennel had just a little bit more talent, as we now see.

Edit: Wow. Looking at stats from our 2004 D. Gave up 8.5 yards per pass. Next worst D gave up 6.9 yards per pass. I said often back then, but for all times sake, Fuck Gunther!

Buehler445
10-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Was it at Syracuse or some shit where he coached for like 4 years or something and had to be shitcanned there?

I just remember watching some shit game, GRob came up as the head coach. I was pissed. If I'd have known that, I'd have put some money on the game.

Frosty
10-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I've heard some hilarious stories about GRob's days with the Chiefs. How he'd act like his defense had won the game whenever they got a lucky stop at the end. He'd make big speeches claiming credit for the victory and such.

Does Trent despise him?

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
As bad as Robinson was, when Gunther took over in 2004, D got much, much worse (almost a full yard per play). Gun was an absolute disaster.

We've had some real garbage DCs here...Robinson, Gunther, and Crennel last year. Last year's D was as bad as Robinson and Gunther's units, and Crennel had just a little bit more talent, as we now see.

Last year's defensive failure was more a product of the godawful offense than anything else. 3-and-out, 3-and-out, pick, 3-and-out, pick, fumble, 3-and-out... they were on the field constantly.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Was it at Syracuse or some shit where he coached for like 4 years or something and had to be shitcanned there?

I just remember watching some shit game, GRob came up as the head coach. I was pissed. If I'd have known that, I'd have put some money on the game.

Yep. My FIL is a Syracuse alum. I laughed the day they hired GRob and told him they were doomed.

stevieray
10-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Completely sabotaged our 2003 season.

Never wil understand or endorse that God awful hire by Vermeil.

ThaVirus
10-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Last year's defensive failure was more a product of the godawful offense than anything else. 3-and-out, 3-and-out, pick, 3-and-out, pick, fumble, 3-and-out... they were on the field constantly.

Ah, shit.

MagicHef is vindicated.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Completely sabotaged our 2003 season.

Never wil understand or endorse that God awful hire by Vermeil.

Yep. This is why I will always hate Vermeil. We'll never have an offense like that again, and he pissed it all away. With merely a bad defense we win one Super Bowl; with an average defense, we win two.

:shake:

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Last year's D was as bad as Robinson and Gunther's units, and Crennel had just a little bit more talent, as we now see.

Uh, no.

They certainly were not good.

Never that bad. Have you forgotten all the turnovers that shit offense committed? That D was placed in some lousy situations, repeatedly.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Yep. This is why I will always hate Vermeil. We'll never have an offense like that again, and he pissed it all away. With merely a bad defense we win one Super Bowl; with an average defense, we win two.

:shake:Fuck Vermeil.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Ah, shit.

MagicHef is vindicated.

LMAO

FringeNC
10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Uh, no.

They certainly were not good.

Never that bad. Have you forgotten all the turnovers that shit offense committed? That D was placed in some lousy situations, repeatedly.

I'd argue the opposite. The opposing O always had a lead, and went into shell mode very early in the game, meaning the true suckitude of the D was understated by the stats.

wazu
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM

:shake:

Clemons didn't let Vermeil completely off the hook. He talked about when Vermeil arrived and basically let all the Chiefs defensive veterans go. He didn't spend much time on it but clearly didn't like it because it meant that the unit he played on went straight to hell. No direct shots at Vermeil as he acknowledged they were investing it all in offense.

Was great to hear him just lay into Robinson, though. No filter, no worrying that it might burn a bridge. Clearly just couldn't and can't stand the guy. Talked about Robinson talking down to the players. "You are all down there, I'm up here."

NewChief
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Does Trent despise him?

Not sure about despise, but not a huge fan of his body of work with the Chiefs. Heh.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:43 AM
God knows Trent should despise him. Cost him a Super Bowl ring and everything that goes with it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2013, 11:48 AM

The entire NFL is a good-ole boy network of incompetent, ass-kissing clowns, with the occasional worthwhile strategist.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
The entire NFL is a good-ole boy network of incompetent, ass-kissing clowns, with the occasional worthwhile strategist.

CFB, apparently, too. But I think it has to be something more than that. This guy must know where some important bodies are buried.

suzzer99
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Lets all just masturbate for a few minutes to a team with the 2003 offense and 2013 defense.

If that team lost one game it would be a miracle.

Al Bundy
10-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep. My FIL is a Syracuse alum. I laughed the day they hired GRob and told him they were doomed.
Hopefully you added "Ohhg and I put it in your daughters butt lasr night, too."

Frazod
10-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Hopefully you added "Ohhg and I put it in your daughters butt lasr night, too."

Uh, no. :D

gblowfish
10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
We should take a poll of worst KC coaches ever. For defense, probably G Rob. Offense? Brian Daboll. Specials? Mike Stock. Head Coach? Gansz or Wiggin.

BigCatDaddy
10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
We should take a poll of worst KC coaches ever. For defense, probably G Rob. Offense? Brian Daboll. Specials? Mike Stock. <b>Head Coach? Gansz or Wiggin.</b>

Romeo

WhiteWhale
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM

Edit: Wow. Looking at stats from our 2004 D. Gave up 8.5 yards per pass. Next worst D gave up 6.9 yards per pass. I said often back then, but for all times sake, **** Gunther!

It got worse because of competition.

In 2003 KC played like the six or seven worst offenses in the NFL. Lions, Browns... it just went on and on. They were a total mirage early in the season, and they really didn't look that good against terrible offenses. Those terrible offenses just turned it over a lot. We couldn't really STOP them.

Whosurdaddy
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM

Edit: Wow. Looking at stats from our 2004 D. Gave up 8.5 yards per pass. Next worst D gave up 6.9 yards per pass. I said often back then, but for all times sake, **** Gunther!

Gunther is a good defensive coach in the wrong era. He was solid when the running games were more dominant. In a passing league he is absolutely useless.

Down4Chiefs
10-22-2013, 12:29 PM
You would think more people hated Gunther,he seemed like a horrible person lol

thebrad84
10-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd say Gunther as a head coach was pretty damn awful too, though he may not have reached the ineptitude that was Romeo.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd say Gunther as a head coach was pretty damn awful too, though he may not have reached the ineptitude that was Romeo.

He was 4-0 against Denver. That will forever buy him a pass in my book.

WhiteWhale
10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Gunther is a good defensive coach in the wrong era. He was solid when the running games were more dominant. In a passing league he is absolutely useless.

Gunther is a one-trick pony. He knows one thing... he likes to blitz.

He doesn't give a damn if he has CB's to do it. He doesn't give a damn if he lacks the rushers to do it... he's going to blitz and if he doesn't have the tools the team will give up big play after big play after big play.

No DC I've ever seen sends so many 8 man blitzes. How many times we did that only to get torched on a HB flare route because NOBODY was accounting for the RB.

With great CB's and a ridiculous pass rush, his inability to adapt and gameplan were covered up.

He's not a good coach. The guy would get frustrated with his ineffective defense and then he'd start dialing up blitz after blitz and since they never got the QB it just made things worse.

DeezNutz
10-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Romeo

Haley, as key cog in the Pioli shit show, also has to be on the short list.

I don't know of a shittier coach with more support from the fanbase.

BigCatDaddy
10-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Haley, as key cog in the Pioli shit show, also has to be on the short list.

I don't know of a shittier coach with more support from the fanbase.

I think Haley winning games with Tyler Palko at QB gets him off the short list for most. Also a lot feel his hands were tied by Pioli so who knows what he really would have done..ect..

Frazod
10-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I think Haley winning games with Tyler Palko at QB gets him off the short list for most. Also a lot feel his hands were tied by Pioli so who knows what he really would have done..ect..

This. Nobody can stay afloat dragging the Cassel anchor behind them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Todd Haley's Chief offenses were a shit show. His Pittsburgh offenses are fucking pathetic, and his Arizona offenses weren't nearly as good as they should have been given that he had Warner, Fitz, and Boldin.

Todd Haley is a prima facie example of NFL nepotism.

Frazod
10-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Todd Haley's Chief offenses were a shit show. His Pittsburgh offenses are fucking pathetic, and his Arizona offenses weren't nearly as good as they should have been given that he had Warner, Fitz, and Boldin.

Todd Haley is a prima facie example of NFL nepotism.

But if it wasn't for Haley, we wouldn't have this!

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1304072100_1304047163_1.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Haley's a fucking nutjob and a drama queen. Gets hit with a lawsuit for a rental property, nudes of his wife come out along with not-so-silent allegations of swinging, the rat salad, the supposed ass squeeze at the restaurant, believing that his phone was tapped, then purposely tanking his job by starting Palko.

His mind has to be a maze of loose wires.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Games? Plural?

He won ONE. And that was because they played a Hanie-led Bears team that was even worse on offense than we were. A total luck out game similar to Tyler Thigpen's one win that he got as a starting QB in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Games? Plural?

He won ONE. And that was because they played a Hanie-led Bears team that was even worse on offense than we were. A total luck out game similar to Tyler Thigpen's one win that he got as a starting QB in the NFL.

With a Hail Mary caught by McMidget.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Reid definitely has a good-ol-boy network going himself, but he definitely deserves credit for occasionally going outside his network to hire guys.

It would have been so easy for him to flush all of Romeo's assistants down the toilet, but he actually did his homework and kept Gary Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas aboard.

And man, his defensive coordinator hire? Sutton was a guy whom he had NEVER worked alongside. Not in college, and not in the pros. Apparently he had tried to hire him away from the Jets after Jim Johnson died, but the Jets said no. That's all he had to go off of. It would have been so easy for him to take one of his Philly assistants and promote him, but he instead went OUTSIDE and found another guy from outside the system.

Reid's definitely has his irritating comfort zones and coach/player networks that he can't escape, but of all the head coaches we've had since Marty, he is definitely the most innovative and independent-minded.

BigCatDaddy
10-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Games? Plural?

I thought he won a few more, my bad. I'm not a fan of Haley or defending him. I just think there have been a few guys that sucked a little bit more and Grandpa Romeo did.

FringeNC
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Gunther is a one-trick pony. He knows one thing... he likes to blitz.

He doesn't give a damn if he has CB's to do it. He doesn't give a damn if he lacks the rushers to do it... he's going to blitz and if he doesn't have the tools the team will give up big play after big play after big play.

No DC I've ever seen sends so many 8 man blitzes. How many times we did that only to get torched on a HB flare route because NOBODY was accounting for the RB.

With great CB's and a ridiculous pass rush, his inability to adapt and gameplan were covered up.

He's not a good coach. The guy would get frustrated with his ineffective defense and then he'd start dialing up blitz after blitz and since they never got the QB it just made things worse.

And unlike with this year's D, it was obvious with Gun pre-snap who was coming. Defeats much of the usefulness of a blitz.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I thought he won a few more, my bad. I'm not a fan of Haley or defending him. I just think there have been a few guys that sucked a little bit more and Grandpa Romeo did.

I'd rather have Herm Edwards than Todd Haley.

dallaschiefsfan
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I'd rather have Herm Edwards than Todd Haley.

NO

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
NO

Yes

COchief
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM
And unlike with this year's D, it was obvious with Gun pre-snap who was coming. Defeats much of the usefulness of a blitz.

Ha, I thought I was the only one who ever noticed this. Gun had to have set some sort of unofficial record for having all-out 8 man blitzes get completely stonewalled. They were so unimaginative it was ridiculous, you would rarely if ever see any stunting or variation whatsoever. I think he got used to telling DT and NS to just run around or smash the guy in front of them in the 90's. I swear all Gun ever did was have everyone blaze directly into the guy straight ahead, seeing as we had zero talent comparable to DT/NS this resulted in a pathetic rush.

displacedinMN
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM

I think got slaughtered at Tex A and M
Ran Syracuse into the ground.
Ran Michigan's D into the ground. (before the current coach)
How he is at Tex and survives is beyond me.
He must be a good liar.

The amount of hatred I have for him is immense.

Rain Man
10-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Ha, I thought I was the only one who ever noticed this. Gun had to have set some sort of unofficial record for having all-out 8 man blitzes get completely stonewalled. They were so unimaginative it was ridiculous, you would rarely if ever see any stunting or variation whatsoever. I think he got used to telling DT and NS to just run around or smash the guy in front of them in the 90's. I swear all Gun ever did was have everyone blaze directly into the guy straight ahead, seeing as we had zero talent comparable to DT/NS this resulted in a pathetic rush.

We had a lot of discussions back in the day about telegraphing blitzes. It was the dumbest thing in the world. Quarterbacks would just take a longer snap count while our players informed them who was blitzing by dancing around. It drove me insane because it was absolutely the most stupid execution I've ever seen. It baffles me how no one in the Chiefs organization noticed or said anything.

wazu
10-22-2013, 03:38 PM
We had a lot of discussions back in the day about telegraphing blitzes. It was the dumbest thing in the world. Quarterbacks would just take a longer snap count while our players informed them who was blitzing by dancing around. It drove me insane because it was absolutely the most stupid execution I've ever seen. It baffles me how no one in the Chiefs organization noticed or said anything.

Maybe if you had some Superbowl rings you would understand.

ThaVirus
10-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Games? Plural?

We played a pretty tight game against the Steelers that year with Palko at the helm. Not a win but it was a close game.

Bootlegged
10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Blob Gretz just updated his blog stating Duane Clemons is classless and deranged.

Rain Man
10-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Maybe if you had some Superbowl rings you would understand.

Well, obviously.

Fat Elvis got beat up for his codebreaker thread yesterday, but I really think that teams should hire an analyst just to point out patterns. Things like telegraphing blitzes are so obvious that coaches should pick them up, but apparently not all of them have that ability. But I'm also talking about more subtle patterns.

ThaVirus
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Well, obviously.

Fat Elvis got beat up for his codebreaker thread yesterday, but I really think that teams should hire an analyst just to point out patterns. Things like telegraphing blitzes are so obvious that coaches should pick them up, but apparently not all of them have that ability. But I'm also talking about more subtle patterns.

Yeah, I didn't really understand what was going on there. I thought it was common knowledge that teams try to predict others' snap counts/tells/cadences.

Seemed like a case of that good ol' CP mob mentality in play.

whoman69
10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Does Trent despise him?

Everybody on that team should despise him.