PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 610 and Trade Deadline

Lprechaun
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
They are talking about the trade deadline coming up...
do we make any trades? If so realistically who?
Personally Id rather see an established WR with some speed. No idea who though.
The only TE I see as an upgrade would be TG and I hate even bringing that up.
A running back seems like a waste of a trade at the moment , of course if we have to rely on Grey and Davis all the time my view might change.
What say you?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
In other news...

Jesus is coming to Missouri.

Lprechaun
10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Well said, your insight is something to be admired.

BigCatDaddy
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I say :facepalm:

Direckshun
10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
We probably don't get any trades, sadly.

This is probably the team's best chance to do something in the postseason in the Andy Reid era. I say it's time for an aggressive move.

But I have no idea what we could do, or where we could do it.

MTG#10
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
What's the point of a WR with speed when our QB will just miss him down field 1-2 times /game?

FlaChief58
10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd give a ham sammich for Tom Brady in a heartbeat

In58men
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Josh Gordon

Lprechaun
10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
What's the point of a WR with speed when our QB will just miss him down field 1-2 times /game?

Would still need to be respected. You hit the guy ONE time down field and you will see safeties coming off of Bowe, off the tight ends, not being able to sit back and wait for Charles to run.
None of our receivers can stretch the field, you may think Alex cant do it but all he has to do is do it once and it opens a lot of the field.

Lprechaun
10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Josh Gordon

They said today they are interested in a high draft pick and a player for him.... but yeah it would be nice.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 03:22 PM
In other news...

not the bill cowher shit again...

FlaChief58
10-22-2013, 03:24 PM
not the bill cowher shit again...

No, TEBOW! Ima disappoint son

lcarus
10-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Would still need to be respected. You hit the guy ONE time down field and you will see safeties coming off of Bowe, off the tight ends, not being able to sit back and wait for Charles to run.
None of our receivers can stretch the field, you may think Alex cant do it but all he has to do is do it once and it opens a lot of the field.

I've seen Avery burn his man for a TD a couple times. Ball never got there.

saphojunkie
10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
We don't need a receiver who can stretch the field. We need a receiver who can get separation on intermediate routes. That is all.

Avery can stretch the field just fine.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
No one is going to trade for the dead o-line.

MTG#10
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM
We don't need a receiver who can stretch the field. We need a receiver who can get separation on intermediate routes. That is all.

Avery can stretch the field just fine.

This. We also need a QB not scared to throw to someone that isnt completely wide open.

Az_Chiefsfan
10-22-2013, 04:07 PM
This. We also need a QB not scared to throw to someone that isnt completely wide open.

He is on the roster, but most likely not ready yet....

ModSocks
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM

I felt that way too.

But it seems like everytime Alex throws to a covered Bowe, Bowe lets him down. I've been really disappointed in Bowe this season and i don't blame Alex for not trusting him.

Lprechaun
10-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt are who I say they should go after.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 04:17 PM

No way on Britt.

Nicks is a Bowe clone and his contract is up this season. The Giants won their first game last night, so there's hope.

LMAO

patteeu
10-22-2013, 04:20 PM
We should stand pat unless someone wants to trade a draft pick to us for Dunta.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Would you really give up a high pick for Nicks? He's gonna be FA in 2014 and the Chiefs cant afford him.

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 04:23 PM
In other news...

According to the Mormons he already did- moved on.

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 04:26 PM
No way on Britt.

Nicks is a Bowe clone and his contract is up this season. The Giants won their first game last night, so there's hope.

LMAO

Agreed- he's been atrocious and dog shit covered in vomit.
Not making a move simply to make a move.

KC_Lee
10-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Britt?? The oft injured and more often suspended for being a jackhole Kenny Britt?

Pass.

milkman
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Can we trade for a RT?

KCBOSS1
10-22-2013, 04:51 PM

Hakeem Nicks would be awesome... don't see it happening, but that would be awesome.

Red Dawg
10-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I've seen Avery burn his man for a TD a couple times. Ball never got there.

Avery is tiny. Not easy to throw one over the defender and right in hands. He is a break away on a crossing route type.

Halfcan
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Josh Gordon

Yep if he has a big game against our defense- lets do it. It would be worth it to not have to face hime down the road.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Can we trade for a RT?

Depreciation. Couldn't get a crate of bananas for him now.

patteeu
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Josh Gordon

It's a better idea than the Tony Gonzales nonsense, but I still wouldn't do it.

KCDC
10-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Can we trade for a RT?

Can we trade for a QB? AS for Case Keenum if we are lucky.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Harry Douglas or Brent Celek.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Can we trade for a QB? AS for Case Keenum if we are lucky.

Small sample size, but going mano-a-mano against this defense is a damned good barometer.

BWillie
10-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Trade your next decade of #1 draft picks for Tom Brady

Iconic
10-23-2013, 12:29 AM
TG would be a good idea if Atlanta decides to budge. We should move for an elite TE- it's something that could improve our offense and give us a better shot at the Superbowl. WR's are ineffective with Smith, a TE is a position you can plug in and reap the benefits immediately.

RustShack
10-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Fuck it, we have the best defense in the league and Andy Reid as our head coach. Let's trade a first for Gordon and a fourth(or would it take a third?) for Gonzalez. Win the whole damn thing.

Rausch
10-23-2013, 06:54 AM
I'd prefer to gain draft picks before the deadline...

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Chiefs may trade Alex Smith for Andrew Luck straight up...
I heard it on the radio!

Chiefshrink
10-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Josh Gordon

He and VonLohan are brothers separated at birth:D Just one offense away from a year suspension. You willing to take that chance giving up a high draft pick IF it doesn't work out? I'm not BUT I do love Josh Gordon's play;)

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Need more limp wristed quarterbacks

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 07:41 AM
This isn't baseball. More than likely they do nothing.

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
This isn't baseball. More than likely they do nothing.

So you're saying the Chiefs couldn't use some Depth in the Pen and a left handed bat?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Chiefs may trade Alex Smith for Andrew Luck straight up...
I heard it on the radio!

LMAO

Still...

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/freaking_username_unavailable/JIMP.gif

Baby Lee
10-23-2013, 09:16 AM
According to the Mormons he already did- moved on.

Not exactly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam-ondi-Ahman

Anyong Bluth
10-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Need more limp wristed quarterbacks

Speaking of which, anyone else hear that Jeff Garcia reached out to the Browns- just to let them know that, ya know, he's available.

He's gotta be like shriveled mummy old by now.

MahiMike
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM

Avery can do this already. I've stated here before that we should throw deep to him 1st play of every game. Back them up.

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Speaking of which, anyone else hear that Jeff Garcia reached out to the Browns- just to let them know that, ya know, he's available.

Yep but he and favre are probably still better than 50% of the QBs in the NFL.

Farve or Alex Smith?

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 09:27 AM

Dude is 43 years old. Weeden is 42. The Browns are the big winners.

Anyong Bluth
10-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Dude is 43 years old. Weeden is 42. The Browns are the big winners.

WTF happened to Weeden. I'm watching Josh Gordon highlights and he is slinging it around pretty well - not like I'm shocked he's not making a run for the elite, but it looked more than serviceable?

Plus, I just don't catch as many Browns games as once used to.

TEX
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Avery can do this already. I've stated here before that we should throw deep to him 1st play of every game. Back them up.

This and then pick our spots and do the same a couple of times during the game.

Molitoth
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Because trading for Josh Gordon will magically change Alex Smith's philosophy on throwing down field....

Are you people nuts?

Our QB doesn't throw down field, giving away valuable draft picks or quality players for any new addition to this WR squad is stupid.

TEX
10-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Because trading for Josh Gordon will magically change Alex Smith's philosophy on throwing down field....

Are you people nuts?

Our QB doesn't throw down field, giving away valuable draft picks or quality players for any new addition to this WR squad is stupid.

Exactly. IF there is going to be a trade, IMO it needs to be for an established TE, preferably one that is HOF bound...:hmmm:

BigCatDaddy
10-23-2013, 10:54 AM

Are you people nuts?

Right, but I think he helps on the crossing routes and could possible break a quick slant for a long one. He'll get some good YAC.

Also think about next year with Bray throwing bombs to Avery and Gordon all day. The defense will have to defend the entire field and open up lanes for Charles. Oh, it will be a think of beauty.

beach tribe
10-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Has anyone noticed that the ticker on NFL network has an arrowhead emblem next to Tony G?
I know its a mistake but my eyes got huge for a millisecond.

BossChief
10-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Hold on.

Did I miss something?

I turned on NFLNAM and they scroll the top five fantasy tight ends and Tony Gonzalez is listed as a Chief.

Rausch
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Hold on.

Did I miss something?

I turned on NFLNAM and they scroll the top five fantasy tight ends and Tony Gonzalez is listed as a Chief.

No...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Hold on.

Did I miss something?

ROFL Those evil bastards.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Hold on.

Did I miss something?

That's funny

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Uh, whoa... TG is a Chief again!

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 11:09 AM

Are you people nuts?

Our QB doesn't throw down field, giving away valuable draft picks or quality players for any new addition to this WR squad is stupid.I don't think Alex Smith has a problem throwing down field. I just think Smith wants to SEE the WR open before he throws it. Alex Smith has experienced bad things when he throws the ball to a spot trusting a WR to be there and make a play. He doesn't want to turn the ball over because Bowe doesn't maintain inside leverage on a slant or McCluster doesn't continue his route through the break.

Alex Smith has major trust issues ... all the way back to San Francisco.

BigCatDaddy
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
<b>I don't think Alex Smith has a problem throwing down field</b> I just think Smith wants to SEE the WR open before he throws it. Alex Smith has experienced bad things when he throws the ball to a spot trusting a WR to be there and make a play. He doesn't want to turn the ball over because Bowe doesn't maintain inside leverage on a slant or McCluster doesn't continue his route through the break.

Alex Smith has major trust issues ... all the way back to San Francisco.

Have you watched his deep balls this year? Maybe the one he under threw and got Avery hurt or the one last week that lead Charles out of bounds after he blew by the linebacker? His down field throwing accuracy is pure ass.

BossChief
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Damn. I just got home and saw that and was about to celebrate.

What a cruel trick to play on Chiefs fans.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Have you watched his deep balls this year? Maybe the one he under threw and got Avery hurt or the one last week that lead Charles out of bounds after he blew by the linebacker? His down field throwing accuracy is pure ass.
We are talking about Alex Smith's philosophy or reluctance on throwing the ball deeper, not his accuracy.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9849722&src=desktop

That's not misleading at all. :)

saphojunkie
10-23-2013, 11:35 AM
We are talking about Alex Smith's philosophy or reluctance on throwing the ball deeper, not his accuracy.

My philosophy is that I don't pick fights I'm not going to win. I would venture Alex Smith's philosophy of the deep ball is roughly the same.

saphojunkie
10-23-2013, 11:37 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9849722&src=desktop

That's not misleading at all. :)

Here's the non-mobile version:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849722/nfl-trade-proposal-atlanta-falcons-tight-end-tony-gonzalez-kansas-city-chiefs?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Trade No. 5:
Falcons trade tight end Tony Gonzalez to Chiefs for tight end Anthony Fasano and their 2014 No. 5 draft choice

The Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL's only undefeated team at 7-0, are thinking big -- Super Bowl big. According to ESPN Stats & Info, from the start of the Super Bowl era through 2012, 85 percent of the league's last unbeaten teams made the playoffs, 40 percent reached the Super Bowl and 20 percent won it all.

Another nice piece or two might solidify the Chiefs as the team to beat for AFC supremacy. One glaring need for Andy Reid's offense is at tight end.

Heading into training camp, this area looked secure. But Tony Moeaki and rookie Travis Kelce are out for the season, and Fasano is ailing. So far they've done it with mirrors -- Sean McGrath was claimed off waivers at the beginning of the regular season, and Kevin Brock is a journeyman.

Alex Smith has been a terrific addition from the 49ers, but his leading receiver is a running back, Jamaal Charles. Gonzalez, who is still wildly popular in Kansas City, where he was drafted 16 years ago, would be just the thing. The Falcons had to talk him out of retiring after last season and know that he's almost certainly one-and-done. It might be smart to get something for him while they can -- especially if they fall another game out of the playoff picture in Week 8.

Kansas City would be able to squeeze the remainder of his two-year, $14 million salary into the cap. The hit this year is $5.25 million, so figure about half of that. He would be a rental, so there would be no long-term ramifications. General manager John Dorsey and Reid aren't afraid to trade. They dealt for Smith and later made a player-for-player trade that brought starting fullback Anthony Sherman from Arizona. They're already down a second-round pick from the Smith deal, but this offer is probably too good to refuse.

On the Falcons' side, they have already lost Julio Jones (foot fracture) for the season, and Roddy White has been injured. If Gonzalez were moved, Matt Ryan wouldn't have much to target. But the season is hanging by a thread anyway, so why not maneuver for a high draft choice? The best tight end available, Washington's Austin Seferian-Jenkins, is projected as a first-rounder and some mock drafts have him headed to ... the Chiefs.

The Falcons will be back next year, and either way, Gonzalez wouldn't have been there.

HOT READ: TRADE DEADLINE

The NFL's trading deadline is Tuesday,
Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. ET, so we explore five explosive, albeit unlikely, possible deals.

• Garber: How NFL trades are evolving

Trades we would like to see:
• Adrian Peterson to the Giants
• Maurice Jones-Drew to the Patriots
• Larry Fitzgerald to the Packers
• Von Miller to the Cowboys
• Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 11:39 AM
My phone automatically goes to the mobile version.

Fucking ESPN shit. Pretty much the only site that does that.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 11:44 AM

ROFL

mcaj22
10-23-2013, 11:47 AM
AP to the Giants

LOL

patteeu
10-23-2013, 11:48 AM

Trade No. 5:
Falcons trade tight end Tony Gonzalez to Chiefs for tight end Anthony Fasano and their 2014 No. 5 draft choice

That would be a horrible trade for the Chiefs, IMO.

Anyong Bluth
10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
That would be a horrible trade for the Chiefs, IMO.

Ya, why would we give up Fasano and a 5? Kinda would like to have a true backup / 2nd TE.

Of course I thought I saw someone mention Celek was also available?

ChiefAshhole20
10-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Get Davone Bess, he'd be cheap and he excels in seperation and route running, something we need.

Great Expectations
10-23-2013, 12:38 PM

We need a backup running back, why not MJD to the Chiefs? I think he is a FA at the end of the year so anything the Jags can get for him they should take. Someone to take the load off Charles who won't fumble every other touch and is competent in pass pro would be a welcome addition.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2013, 12:47 PM
We need a backup running back, why not MJD to the Chiefs? I think he is a FA at the end of the year so anything the Jags can get for him they should take. Someone to take the load off Charles who won't fumble every other touch and is competent in pass pro would be a welcome addition.

Waste of resources. Hell no.

Great Expectations
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Waste of resources. Hell no.

A 4th or 5th round draft choice to preserve Charles is not a waste of resources.

ct
10-23-2013, 02:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849722/nfl-trade-proposal-atlanta-falcons-tight-end-tony-gonzalez-kansas-city-chiefs?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Trade No. 5:

The Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL's only undefeated team at 7-0, are thinking big -- Super Bowl big. According to ESPN Stats & Info, from the start of the Super Bowl era through 2012, 85 percent of the league's last unbeaten teams made the playoffs, 40 percent reached the Super Bowl and 20 percent won it all.

Another nice piece or two might solidify the Chiefs as the team to beat for AFC supremacy. One glaring need for Andy Reid's offense is at tight end.

Heading into training camp, this area looked secure. But Tony Moeaki and rookie Travis Kelce are out for the season, and Fasano is ailing. So far they've done it with mirrors -- Sean McGrath was claimed off waivers at the beginning of the regular season, and Kevin Brock is a journeyman.

Alex Smith has been a terrific addition from the 49ers, but his leading receiver is a running back, Jamaal Charles. Gonzalez, who is still wildly popular in Kansas City, where he was drafted 16 years ago, would be just the thing. The Falcons had to talk him out of retiring after last season and know that he's almost certainly one-and-done. It might be smart to get something for him while they can -- especially if they fall another game out of the playoff picture in Week 8.

Kansas City would be able to squeeze the remainder of his two-year, $14 million salary into the cap. The hit this year is $5.25 million, so figure about half of that. He would be a rental, so there would be no long-term ramifications. General manager John Dorsey and Reid aren't afraid to trade. They dealt for Smith and later made a player-for-player trade that brought starting fullback Anthony Sherman from Arizona. They're already down a second-round pick from the Smith deal, but this offer is probably too good to refuse.

On the Falcons' side, they have already lost Julio Jones (foot fracture) for the season, and Roddy White has been injured. If Gonzalez were moved, Matt Ryan wouldn't have much to target. But the season is hanging by a thread anyway, so why not maneuver for a high draft choice? The best tight end available, Washington's Austin Seferian-Jenkins, is projected as a first-rounder and some mock drafts have him headed to ... the Chiefs.

The Falcons will be back next year, and either way, Gonzalez wouldn't have been there.

HOT READ: TRADE DEADLINE

The NFL's trading deadline is Tuesday,
Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. ET, so we explore five explosive, albeit unlikely, possible deals.

• Garber: How NFL trades are evolving

ESPN at it's absolute finest...

Yea lets just take a great player from an underperforming team and put them in a huge market, but oh better sprinkle in a feel good story with the last undefeated team too. AP to the Giants? The feakin 1-5 dumpster fire giants?

Seriously the only 1 of those trades that even remotely makes any sense at all is Gonzo, and even that's a ridiculous fantasy.

MoreLemonPledge
10-23-2013, 03:14 PM
I could see Fred Davis from Washington coming in to bolster the TE corps. He's certainly not great, but he's had success in the past and would be a better "Move" option than what we have now .

Sure-Oz
10-23-2013, 05:15 PM
I would hope they chuck a late round pick to get Davis. He was solid as a reciever before his injury

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM

Dumb. Charles has/had fumbling problems. Davis is gonna be a fine backup once they play him. Hasn't Charles fumbled the last three games???? Gray also is a RB waiting to breakout. He has talent too. We don't need another back thats for sure.

Great Expectations
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Dumb. Charles has/had fumbling problems. Davis is gonna be a fine backup once they play him. Hasn't Charles fumbled the last three games???? Gray also is a RB waiting to breakout. He has talent too. We don't need another back thats for sure.

Gray is horrible in pass pro and isn't great running the ball. Nile doesn't have the upside of Charles so Reid is less likely to take a chance of him fumbling than Charles. It seems like Nile fumbles one out of every four touches.

TEX
10-24-2013, 08:43 AM
They said today they are interested in a high draft pick and a player for him.... but yeah it would be nice.

Ok then, A.J. Jenkins and a 2056 2nd rounder & Gordon is ours!

TEX
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM
TG would be a good idea if Atlanta decides to budge. We should move for an elite TE- it's something that could improve our offense and give us a better shot at the Superbowl. WR's are ineffective with Smith, a TE is a position you can plug in and reap the benefits immediately.

Exactly this.