PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should we pay Branden Albert now?

Gravedigger
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
EDIT* Would you if you could?

Every time he's gone down with some type of injury this year, he's come back and been clutch for us. Fisher can't hold the Right Side, what makes us think he'll magically be able to push people when we ask him to take over the Left? I think he's earned it.

Nightfyre
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Why keep waiting? You're giving his agent more and more fuel on why we need to pay more to keep him come playoff time, especially if we do well in the playoffs which I'm confident we will.

Every time he's gone down with some type of injury this year, he's come back and been clutch for us. Fisher can't hold the Right Side, what makes us think he'll magically be able to push people when we ask him to take over the Left?Pay the man I say!

Probably not, since it would be in violation of the CBA.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Deadline is past.

Can't sign till next year.

KCUnited
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Giants pummel the Vikings

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 06:25 PM
oh wonderful -- a pointless branden albert thread.

Gadzooks
10-22-2013, 06:26 PM
FWIW, I voted 'Yes' despite the violation of the CBA, (and he should be paid a shit tonne).

beach tribe
10-22-2013, 06:30 PM
I have been for paying every step of the way.

Prison Bitch
10-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Him lying on the ground grabbing his leg seeming every game is enough to give me pause about a LT deal.

TribalElder
10-22-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Rex_Locker_Room_Speech/f8e0df0d-6a62-4f83-9d1a-b88f20978ed9

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Him lying on the ground grabbing his leg seeming every game is enough to give me pause about a LT deal.

And since Eric Fisher has come into the league, he's had some kind of hand injury that sidelined him for a preseason game and has also had a concussion that made him miss time.

Guys get hurt. Albert is tough and has done pretty damn well injury-wise. Especially for a LT. Has he even had a single knee injury that put him out for a game in his career? I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

saphojunkie
10-22-2013, 06:52 PM
How much do starting guards make, anyway?

TimeForWasp
10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Wait . He may get injured again and we can just walk away.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
How much do starting guards make, anyway?

Dorsey should hold firm on a new deal for Asamoah. If his demands are past a reasonable limit, he needs to let him walk.

Eleazar
10-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Albert is fine as a left tackle, but with what we've got invested in Fisher, it doesn't seem like the math will be there to make sense of a long term extension for Albert.

If they feel like Fisher will be able to play LT in the league, then essentially Albert's price tag would be a price tag to fill the RT position. His price tag will be the price of the best free agent LT to hit the market in a few years, and I think he'll probably get more than he's really worth on the open market.

Do we pay what would be overpaying for a LT in order to yield us just a RT? Unless we are swimming in cap space and will be for 3-4 more years, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The decision is really "After seeing a year from him, are we going to bet of Fisher being our LT of the future?" If they decide yes, then we don't bring Albert back. If they decide no, then we go forward as we are.

They essentially made this decision on this past draft day, although they left themselves a somewhat unappetizing out.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Albert is fine as a left tackle, but with what we've got invested in Fisher, it doesn't seem like the math will be there to make sense of a long term extension for Albert.

If they feel like Fisher will be able to play LT in the league, then essentially Albert's price tag would be a price tag to fill the RT position. His price tag will be the price of the best free agent LT to hit the market in a few years, and I think he'll probably get more than he's really worth on the open market.

Do we pay what would be overpaying for a LT in order to yield us just a RT? Unless we are swimming in cap space and will be for 3-4 more years, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The decision is really "After seeing a year from him, are we going to bet of Fisher being our LT of the future?" If they decide yes, then we don't bring Albert back. If they decide no, then we go forward as we are.

They essentially made this decision on this past draft day, although they left themselves a somewhat unappetizing out.

What would truly suck is letting Albert walk, only to have Fisher suck on the left side.

While the Chiefs do have the highest first rounder possible invested in him, if he's not capable of adequately filling the spot, they had better not force him into the position. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
:doh!:

stupid muther fuckers all over the place

Brock
10-22-2013, 07:23 PM
He'll be leaving. Doesn't sound like the chiefs will have the money.

houston_pressure
10-22-2013, 07:24 PM
x

Eleazar
10-22-2013, 07:27 PM
What would truly suck is letting Albert walk, only to have Fisher suck on the left side.

While the Chiefs do have the highest first rounder possible invested in him, if he's not capable of adequately filling the spot, they had better not force him into the position. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Sure, if Fisher sucks forever then the whole thing blows up in their faces. I know the feeling around here is that Fisher is already a proven bust, but I'm guessing the Chiefs don't feel that way.

But I just think this is what we're going to be arguing about this offseason - should we bet on Fisher making it or not.

I think that even if Fisher played well the rest of the season, Chiefsplanet is invested in "horrible pick" and wont want Albert to go no matter what. But he's going to get paid a lot more than he's worth, he's not a world beating LT, he's "just" a top half of the league LT - but those guys don't hit free agency very often.

Fisher becoming as good as Albert wouldn't be that huge of a leap, and if that's all Fisher ever is - just a replacement for Albert - at least he's 6 or 7 years younger.

What's done is done, and unless Fisher looks like he's never going to be able to start I think you have to roll with him. Trust your scouts and coaches to develop him and move on trying to improve the team at other spots.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Sure, if Fisher sucks forever then the whole thing blows up in their faces. I know the feeling around here is that Fisher is already a proven bust, but I'm guessing the Chiefs don't feel that way.

But I just think this is what we're going to be arguing about this offseason - should we bet on Fisher making it or not.

I think that even if Fisher played well the rest of the season, Chiefsplanet is invested in "horrible pick" and wont want Albert to go no matter what. But he's going to get paid a lot more than he's worth, he's not a world beating LT, he's "just" a top half of the league LT - but those guys don't hit free agency very often.

Fisher becoming as good as Albert wouldn't be that huge of a leap, and if that's all Fisher ever is - just a replacement for Albert - at least he's 6 or 7 years younger.

What's done is done, and unless Fisher looks like he's never going to be able to start I think you have to roll with him. Trust your scouts and coaches to develop him and move on trying to improve the team at other spots.

This past offseason, I was all in favor of trading Albert. His footwork is below average, his technique is just average and he looks clumsy at times.

But dammit if he isn't a solid, tough player. I don't think he's a $9 million+ per year guy but if the Chiefs do, then I can't complain.

He's solid and unspectacular but he's not a liability.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 07:36 PM
He'll be leaving. Doesn't sound like the chiefs will have the money.

They'll have plenty of money. The cap will increase, they'll restructure a few guys and so on.

Money should never be an issue when retaining a player a team wants to retain.

Brock
10-22-2013, 07:37 PM
They'll have plenty of money. The cap will increase, they'll restructure a few guys and so on.

Maybe. I've read some pretty pessimistic projections here. Have no idea about their accuracy.

O.city
10-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Albert is also the unquestioned leader of the ol. I don't think letting him walk is a great idea rig now, and if the ol continues to improve, I'd prefer to keep it together.

MahiMike
10-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I said no just because I think all these guys should be on 1 year deals. Look at Bowe.

Eleazar
10-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't think anyone here really knows how much wiggle room we have with respect to the cap. It seems to be a dark art.

No matter what we do, it's going to be high risk. Either we unsettle the LT position hoping to come out of this looking like geniuses, or we invest an assload of money into two average tackles because this is the 'safe' play.

The former seems more like the move a great team would make, because they know they can develop players. The latter seems like the (historical) Chiefs-ish move... bet hedging, risk-adverse.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
They currently have 120 million in salary signed for next year and the cap this year was around 123 million and went up about 2 million.

We are under the cap by about 3 million that we can roll over into next years cap
Cutting Dunta Robinson saves another 3-4 million
Re-signing Eric Berry to a new deal would save around 5 million

The new tv contracts kick in next year and there will most likely be a 5 million dollar jump in the cap. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 127-128 million.

There is plenty of cash available for guys like Branden Albert.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
www.overthecap.com

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I mentioned this earlier, but Asamoah needs a new deal as well.

Potentially we could see TWO new starters on the offensive line, and that's not counting the position shift that Fisher will have to make.

If that happens, I think whatever progress this line has made during this season will be zapped, and we'll be starting from Square 1 in 2014 as well.

The Bad Guy
10-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Albert's won me over this year.

Keep him.

TLO
10-22-2013, 08:01 PM
No. We'd probably give him a big deal and he'd promptly go down with a season ending injury that lingers well into next season.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 08:02 PM
No. We'd probably give him a big deal and he'd promptly go down with a season ending injury that lingers well into next season.

Dumb

TLO
10-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Though if he does stay healthy the rest of the year, I say keep him. He is a damn good LT. (Which makes the Fisher pick look even more insane.)

RealSNR
www.overthecap.com

"Colts sign CB Jalil Brown"

The Chiefsification if the Colts continues...

Mr. Flopnuts
Albert needs to be our highest priority.

TLO
10-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Dumb

Not really. If he proves he can stay healthy, he should be resigned to a nice fat contract. Guy is a leader. However I'm not sure I'm confident he CAN stay healthy.

the Talking Can
10-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Albert is selfish and not one of the top 15 tackles in the league, let him walk...

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Not really. If he proves he can stay healthy, he should be resigned to a nice fat contract. Guy is a leader. However I'm not sure I'm confident he CAN stay healthy.

His 2008-2011 seasons weren't enough for you? :spock:

We're not exactly dealing with Derek fucking Sherrod here.

Dayze
10-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I think we're close to being fucked. Fisher has sucked balls on the right. God help us if he moves to the left.

he's getting smoked by speed rushers on the right side

Direckshun
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
I sure like the idea of signing him.

BossChief makes me a believer.

I'd like to hear chiefzilla weigh in on it, though.

RealSNR
10-22-2013, 08:14 PM

Hmm... you didn't mention Saccopoo.

Interesting.

TLO
10-22-2013, 08:14 PM
His 2008-2011 seasons weren't enough for you? :spock:

We're not exactly dealing with Derek ****ing Sherrod here.

I'm not against signing Albert long term. I just want to see him get through the year, healthy, then we'll talk about a long term deal.

Anyong Bluth
10-22-2013, 08:19 PM
FWIW, I voted 'Yes' despite the violation of the CBA, (and he should be paid a shit tonne).

But, but... Coach Shanahan said it was a-ok!?

BossChief
10-22-2013, 08:27 PM
It's hard to get a real read on what they truly intend to do with the Albert situatuon.

On one hand, I think they paid more than they wanted to for Bowe to be able to tag Albert so they didn't lose both players...but then they turn around and draft Fisher number one overall and the kid talked about "hoping for the chance to play left tackle at some point"

I guess I am holding out hope that they did what they did so that Albert could be given his chance to earn a long term contract and they are in a win win. If they don't think his demands are worth it, they can let him walk and get a third round comp next year and if he plays well they can make room to pay him.

All in all, I think Albert is gonna have to be realistic in his demands if he wants to stay a Chief.

He will turn 30 next season (the first of his new contract) in early November.
He has sustained a few injuries recently and even though he has shown toughness in playing through most of them, they raise questions concerning his durability over the course of a new deal.
He has basically refused to play any other position

I'd pay the man 9 million a year, but I guess I can understand it if Dorsey doesn't. I don't see the X-rays, listen to the doctors evaluations or am privy to lots of other information that would go into that decision.

Some things Albert has going for him at this point?

Eric Fisher sucks and the team has been open about rewarding their own players.

the Talking Can
10-22-2013, 08:34 PM
signing albert officially makes fisher the most pathetic pick in history...

Direckshun
10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Hmm... you didn't mention Saccopoo.

Interesting.

Saccopoo is who I talk to when I want an interesting take on OL play.

I'm asking for a superior take on our cap situation. And zilla is the unofficial capologist of ChiefsPlanet.

Direckshun
10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
signing albert officially makes fisher the most pathetic pick in history...

Which is why they won't sign him.

Teams do this all the time. They would rather make self-harming personnel moves than allow a top pick to go to waste.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM

He's a very good left tackle and they don't grow on trees. I do find it interesting that the people who despise the Fisher pick (even before they knew how well he'd do) are the ones who think we should be paying massive coin for a Left Tackle.

Direckshun, I know you asked a while back what our cap situation is. To be honest, I don't know. I understand each individual contract, but I'll admit I don't know what our cap situation is as a whole. All I know is that currently, we're pretty close to the cap with big decisions to make on Albert, Jordan, Asamaoh and/or Schwartz. In 2 years, we have to have cap for Houston. If we don't have a replacement for Alex Smith by then, then he gets a new contract. You eventually have to restructure and extend Berry. As our defense gets better, those guys start to get expensive.

I'll be consistent with CP, even though CP is inconsistent with itself. I think Albert is expendable. And I don't think people's dislike of the Fisher pick should take away from the fact that starting him at Left Tackle saves us a shitload of money that we can spend on some playmakers.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Which is why they won't sign him.

Teams do this all the time. They would rather make self-harming personnel moves than allow a top pick to go to waste.

Then why cave to Bowes demands at the last second to be able to tag Albert?

Deberg_1990
10-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Move him to guard, then pay him.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Then why cave to Bowes demands at the last second to be able to tag Albert?

What would you rather have? A playmaking wide receiver? Or a left tackle?
I think the move for Fisher and not to sign Albert long-term, not to mention the lack of a trade market for him, tells me he's probably not coming back.

The wild card is Andy Reid. He's a bit loyal to his players, and Joe Banner for as much as a prick as he was, kept Reid in check there. It's possible Reid's loyalty brings Albert back, especially since Dorsey doesn't seem to be a very good negotiator. Maybe the bad trade market and the Chiefs now having some leverage drops Albert's contract. If that's the case, then by all means, do it.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I just hope Albert comes to the table with reasonable demands.

If he does, I doubt they let him walk.

Nightfyre
10-22-2013, 08:55 PM
He's a very good left tackle and they don't grow on trees. I do find it interesting that the people who despise the Fisher pick (even before they knew how well he'd do) are the ones who think we should be paying massive coin for a Left Tackle.

Direckshun, I know you asked a while back what our cap situation is. To be honest, I don't know. I understand each individual contract, but I'll admit I don't know what our cap situation is as a whole. All I know is that currently, we're pretty close to the cap with big decisions to make on Albert, Jordan, Asamaoh and/or Schwartz. In 2 years, we have to have cap for Houston. If we don't have a replacement for Alex Smith by then, then he gets a new contract. You eventually have to restructure and extend Berry. As our defense gets better, those guys start to get expensive.

I'll be consistent with CP, even though CP is inconsistent with itself. I think Albert is expendable. And I don't think people's dislike of the Fisher pick should take away from the fact that starting him at Left Tackle saves us a shitload of money that we can spend on some playmakers.

Replacing Albert with Fisher saves a marginal amount of cap space for a clearly inferior player. Using the first overall pick to do so is a tragic use of a precious opportunity.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I just hope Albert comes to the table with reasonable demands.

If he does, I doubt they let him walk.

I'm not crazy about the Fisher pick, but it does give the Chiefs leverage in the Albert negotiation. Might save them a few bucks. But that assumes Dorsey can negotiate. I'm skeptical about that.

I just don't want to pay him top LT money. And I think people are overreacting with the doom and gloom of putting Fisher there. That's not the part that worries me.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Replacing Albert with Fisher saves a marginal amount of cap space for a clearly inferior player. Using the first overall pick to do so is a tragic use of a precious opportunity.

I don't think that $4-$5 million is marginal

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2013, 08:59 PM

Fisher is a sunk cost. The Chiefs are paying for Fisher whether Albert stays or goes.

So it doesn't save a marginal amount of cap space. It saves you Albert's entire contract.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Teams don't get better by letting their homegrown talents walk.

Albert has only given up 2 total sacks COMBINED between 2012 and 2013.

4 years, 35-40 million with half guaranteed is what I hope Albert would accept and I think that would be fair market value IF HE IS ABLE TO FINISH THE YEAR HEALTHY.

Nightfyre
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
We paid Fisher 22 million guaranteed.

The texans paid Duane Brown 22 million guaranteed.

Clady got 33 guaranteed for 5 years.

Roos got 15 mill guaranteed for six years.

Joe Thomas got 44 mill guaranteed for 7 years.

Beatty got 19 mill guaranteed for 5 years.

So where exactly is Albert gonna get 8 mill/year in guarantees?

Nightfyre
10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Fisher is a sunk cost. The Chiefs are paying for Fisher whether Albert stays or goes.

So it doesn't save a marginal amount of cap space. It saves you Albert's entire contract.

It wasn't when they made the decision to draft Eric Fisher. Who was not the best player in the draft no matter how you cut it.

O.city
10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
It wasn't when they made the decision to draft Eric Fisher. Who was not the best player in the draft no matter how you cut it.

What does that matter at this point?

O.city
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Teams don't get better by letting their homegrown talents walk.

Albert has only given up 2 total sacks COMBINED between 2012 and 2013.

4 years, 35-40 million with half guaranteed is what I hope Albert would accept and I think that would be fair market value IF HE IS ABLE TO FINISH THE YEAR HEALTHY.

Depends.

If the money from letting Albert walk lands you a wr to pair with Bowe, or an elite te, and the difference between Albert and fisher isn't much, it could make us better.

As much as it sucks to have wasted said pick on fisher (who I think will end up being a really good player either at lt or rt) to play a lower impact position when we could have had a great pass rushing dl or whatever sucks, but if th end cost is re upping these ol we have and having a good young offensive line with Albert as the leader for 4 or 5 years, I'm fine with it

BigRedChief
10-22-2013, 09:26 PM

I'd like to hear chiefzilla weigh in on it, though.How do we have the salary cap space to sign him and Houston?

O.city
10-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Nothing against you guys, but I feel as if chiefs fans worry about he cap more than any other fan base.

I feel as if the cap can be managed a lot better than we think it can be

hometeam
10-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Why are people voting yes.

It cannot be done.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Nothing against you guys, but I feel as if chiefs fans worry about he cap more than any other fan base.

I feel as if the cap can be managed a lot better than we think it can be

It's a different story now that we have young guys who are worth signing for a second contract. A lot of really good teams managed their cap by constantly churning their offensive line while investing in playmakers.

O.city
10-22-2013, 09:37 PM
It's a different story now that we have young guys who are worth signing for a second contract. A lot of really good teams managed their cap by constantly churning their offensive line while investing in playmakers.

And a lot of those teams ol have severely suffered for it. It just depends on the organizational philosophy and what they value.

It helps that our qb is cheap right now and if they don't extend him, we will likely have a rookie qb on a rookie deal, etc. if they're smart about it.

Wallcrawler
10-22-2013, 10:10 PM
This past offseason, I was all in favor of trading Albert. His footwork is below average, his technique is just average and he looks clumsy at times.

But dammit if he isn't a solid, tough player. I don't think he's a $9 million+ per year guy but if the Chiefs do, then I can't complain.

He's solid and unspectacular but he's not a liability.

Solid and unspectacular doesn't command the money that Albert is going to want. Some team with an O-line in shreds will overpay for him out of desperation.

Fisher has only played 6 games as a rookie, and not at his natural LT position. Hes had some growing pains, but I think he will turn into a pretty solid player. He did far better against JJ Watt who is a legit beast in this league than I ever thought he would. Watt beat him twice, but Fisher held up against him well a couple times also.

Watt is a guy that lines up wherever he feels like he has the best chance to destroy the play, so the simple fact that he wasn't just staying across from Fisher all game is a testament to the kid's ability.

BossChief
10-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Depends.

If the money from letting Albert walk lands you a wr to pair with Bowe, or an elite te, and the difference between Albert and fisher isn't much, it could make us better.

As much as it sucks to have wasted said pick on fisher (who I think will end up being a really good player either at lt or rt) to play a lower impact position when we could have had a great pass rushing dl or whatever sucks, but if th end cost is re upping these ol we have and having a good young offensive line with Albert as the leader for 4 or 5 years, I'm fine with it

According to TBG, the Chiefs are already talking to Berry about an extension.
Dunta is as good as cut
We have cap space to rollover
The cap is gonna go up with new tv money

They can sign Albert and still have money to add the pieces we want to add.

Direckshun
10-22-2013, 10:23 PM
How do we have the salary cap space to sign him and Houston?

I don't believe that we do.

Relieving ourselves of Albert, Dunta, and Chase Daniel (god damn it!) give us something like $16, $17 million. Add into that the $3m we're going to roll over, and the $5m or so the cap will raise in 2013, and we're in the vicinity, at least, of $20 million.

That's Justin Houston, that's probably somebody like Maclin from the Eagles, and that's resigning players like Tyson Jackson, McCluster, Lewis, and Demps.

Meanwhile the Chiefs look for a RT and QB in the draft.

Boom. I just fixed the Chiefs.

As for replacing Asamoah.... well. Shut up.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Branden Albert is as good as gone. can ya get your head around this. no. carry on.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2013, 11:38 PM
He has allowed two sacks in his last 20 games.

He's pretty good.

Eric Fisher is a bad player right now. Just handing him the LT spot...nuh uh.

Saccopoo
10-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't believe that we do.

Relieving ourselves of Albert, Dunta, and Chase Daniel (god damn it!) give us something like $16, $17 million. Add into that the $3m we're going to roll over, and the $5m or so the cap will raise in 2013, and we're in the vicinity, at least, of $20 million.

That's Justin Houston, that's probably somebody like Maclin from the Eagles, and that's resigning players like Tyson Jackson, McCluster, Lewis, and Demps.

Meanwhile the Chiefs look for a RT and QB in the draft.

Boom. I just fixed the Chiefs.

As for replacing Asamoah.... well. Shut up.

F.U.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/675/861/DDFHVPMVXWQEEFR.20101209200948_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

And Albert is good as gone. They aren't going to pay him franchise tag money and Fisher, while getting beat like a drum so far, has much better upside. And since we'll be drafting Gabe Jackson with our first rounder in 2014, Albert isn't needed to play LG either.

At this point, looking at 2014, the man doesn't have a position on this team. Unless he's able to beat out Schwartz for the RG spot when they let the underperforming Asamoah walk.

10-23-2013, 01:28 AM
He has allowed two sacks in his last 20 games.

He's pretty good.

Eric Fisher is a bad player right now. Just handing him the LT spot...nuh uh.

Still cracks me up that people wanted to let Albert walk this year and put Fisher at LT right from the start.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 01:40 AM
I said no just because I think all these guys should be on 1 year deals. Look at Bowe .:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Still cracks me up that people wanted to let Albert walk this year and put Fisher at LT right from the start.

I agree, however he's learning a position he's never played, at a much higher level.

Had he started at LT, it's entirely possible that he would be much further ahead of where he is now.

AlexSmithDynasty
10-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Pay Smith first, as your QB of the future his extension should be top priority.

rabblerouser
10-23-2013, 03:34 AM

:doh!:

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Pay Smith first, as your QB of the future his extension should be top priority.

He needs to play MUCH better than he is now if he wants an extension. As of right now, he doesn't deserve shit.

Imon Yourside
10-23-2013, 05:55 AM
ASAP IMHO FYI hegood

WhiteWhale
10-23-2013, 07:01 AM

EXACTLY!

Salary cap is just an excuse teams use when they don't want to tell you the REAL reason they let a guy walk.

There's always ways to manipulate cap #'s to get what you want... I mean unless you're just loaded with dead money. KC shouldn't have that problem.

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 07:09 AM
No.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2013, 07:13 AM

Its shows you how uneducated this fan base really is...

they will jizz their pants for 9-7 and curse building a championship team...

milkman
10-23-2013, 07:22 AM
F.U.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/675/861/DDFHVPMVXWQEEFR.20101209200948_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

And Albert is good as gone. They aren't going to pay him franchise tag money and Fisher, while getting beat like a drum so far, has much better upside. And since we'll be drafting Gabe Jackson with our first rounder in 2014, Albert isn't needed to play LG either.

At this point, looking at 2014, the man doesn't have a position on this team. Unless he's able to beat out Schwartz for the RG spot when they let the underperforming Asamoah walk.

You are still a fucking moron.

ILChief
10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
I find it ironic that when we talked about moving Albert, a seasoned vet in his prime, to RT all we heard was that they are totally different and you can't just switch. Yet fisher, a rookie from Central Michigan, is getting ripped for struggling after switching to the right.

milkman
10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
I think the Chiefs should let Albert walk so that it frees up the RT position in the first round of the next draft.

Rausch
10-23-2013, 07:27 AM
I find it ironic that when we talked about moving Albert, a seasoned vet in his prime, to RT all we heard was that they are totally different and you can't just switch.

No, that was not all we heard.

What you heard was that it's fucking stupid to take a proven player and move him from the QB's blind side to make room for an unproven rookie.

A rookie who has looked like hammered $3it by the way...

ILChief
10-23-2013, 07:27 AM
I think the Chiefs should let Albert walk so that it frees up the RT position in the first round of the next draft.

I wouldn't let him walk but I would franchise and explore trade possibilities again.

milkman
10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
I wouldn't let him walk but I would franchise and explore trade possibilities again.

Get your sarcasm meter checked.

Here's the thing.

Idiots like sac can't wait to see Albert gone.
His technique is crap, so he just can't be good.

The reality is that his technique is crap, but in spite of that, he somehow has managed to allow about the same number of sacks through his career as Ryan Clady, and just about every big run for Charles over the last 3 years have come running to Albert's side.

This year, almost every sustained drive is run out of I formation with Antthony Sherman leading Charles into holes created by Albert sealing his man.

Albert looks ugly doing it, but he does job well.

Brock
10-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Saccopoo is who I talk to when I want an interesting take on OL play.

I'm asking for a superior take on our cap situation. And zilla is the unofficial capologist of ChiefsPlanet.

Wut