PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bowe failing on a slant and Alex charging at defender

JENKINSWINS
10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16cel6_slant-fail-and-scramble_sport

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16cel6"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16cel6_slant-fail-and-scramble_sport" target="_blank">Slant fail and scramble</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/dm_52684864bf135" target="_blank">dm_52684864bf135</a></i>

I couldn't get the audio, but the commentator called Bowe out for not fighting for the inside position and that he should never let a db cut him off like that.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dolw_bowe_sport

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16dolw"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dolw_bowe_sport" target="_blank">Bowe</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/dm_52684864bf135" target="_blank">dm_52684864bf135</a></i>

Kiimo
10-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Lazy. C'mon Dwayne.

DJ's left nut
10-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Yup, I mentioned that play in the "Why is Smith pissed off" thread.

I distinctly recalled him getting beat on the slant again. Then you saw Avery run that route perfectly with about 2:30 left in the 4th despite being a hell of a lot smaller.

People keep wondering why Smith doesn't trust Bowe yet and stuff like that has a lot to do with it. He's just been incredibly inconsistent in his route-running this year.

saphojunkie
10-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Bowe's playing that shit like it's a back shoulder fade.

Terrible.

Direckshun
10-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Yup, I mentioned that play in the "Why is Smith pissed off" thread.

I distinctly recalled him getting beat on the slant again. Then you saw Avery run that route perfectly with about 2:30 left in the 4th despite being a hell of a lot smaller.

People keep wondering why Smith doesn't trust Bowe yet and stuff like that has a lot to do with it. He's just been incredibly inconsistent in his route-running this year.

Extremely good point.

God damn we need another WR.

BlackHelicopters
Bowe seems lazy this year.

MotherfuckerJones
I'm tired of bowe on slants this year. He dropped the 3rd and short at the end too I believe was a slant

JENKINSWINS
10-23-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm tired of bowe on slants this year. He dropped the 3rd and short at the end too I believe was a slant

Yes and it would've iced the game.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Bowe has always been lazy, but that was disgusting. It was almost an interception and should have been a catch.

xztop123
10-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I';ve been posting this for years. This offense got bad the day we drafted Bowe. The offense shouldn't have plummeted that fast from the Vermeil offense. But when you have a guy whos a liability like Bowe is, it happens

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know if its true so you guys can tell me, but I have heard in the past that he was a lazy route runner. That true?

ModSocks
10-23-2013, 05:05 PM
I';ve been posting this for years. This offense got bad the day we drafted Bowe. The offense shouldn't have plummeted that fast from the Vermeil offense. But when you have a guy whos a liability like Bowe is, it happens

I'm pretty sure that the offense's ineffectiveness had a lot more to do with Edwards/Huard/Croyle than it did with Bowe.

Frosty
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that the offense's ineffectiveness had a lot more to do with Edwards/Huard/Croyle than it did with Bowe.

Along with most of the O-line leaving or getting old.

ModSocks
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't know if its true so you guys can tell me, but I have heard in the past that he was a lazy route runner. That true?

Unless you're watching the game live from the stands, i think that'd be pretty hard to determine. I've never been so i can't say. I just wanted to get that out there before a bunch of Bowe bashers jump in to tell you how he's lazy...when all they've seen is him on T.V....which isn't enough to determine what kind of route runner he is.

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Unless you're watching the game live from the stands, i think that'd be pretty hard to determine. I've never been so i can't say. I just wanted to get that out there before a bunch of Bowe bashers jump in to tell you how he's lazy...when all they've seen is him on T.V....which isn't enough to determine what kind of route runner he is.

I didn't jump on the Lazy bandwagon because of one reason. I will never ever call a wide receiver lazy when they run block the way he does, and when he starts blocking for other receivers. That is something I have noticed.

he may not be a disciplined route runner, but I wouldn't say lazy. That is however the second time he has allowed a corner to jump inside of him on a route that HE CANT allow a db to do so. Also, the route was awful. It was too long, it almost looks more like a shortened up post, rather than a slant.

I like Bowe. The problem with Bowe, is Alex Smith. Bowe is like Boldin. he doesn't care how many dbs are there.

But, Bowe has to help himself. That's his route to win.

saphojunkie
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM

I don't know if he's a lazy route runner.

I do know he runs lazy routes, though, because I've seen them.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 05:20 PM

ya, no -- this offense lost it's wheels during 2006 -- Trint was on pace for 2700 yd passing season with 14 TD's & 18 INT's

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fteams%2Fkan%2F2006.htm&div=div_passing"></script>

That year the OL was not very good at pass blocking and that killed the offense. LJ got 1750 Yds, which is not a lot more than Jamaal does behind a shit line. obviously LJ never came close again and the offense began murdering QB's -- 8 QB's went down injured during 2007 - 2008 seasons.

this season Bowe looks like poop coming out of cuts. If he keeps running slants like this, he's gonna be looking from the sidelines a lot more.

jspchief
10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
It's not a good route for Bowe. He doesn't explode off the snap. Call it lazy if you want, but in my opinion its just not a good play for his skill set.

Carlota69
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Bowe has always been lazy, but that was disgusting. It was almost an interception and should have been a catch.

Almost an interception ??? Doesn't that mean it IS an interception??? So would that put Alex Smith at like 12 interceptions now??? Bench his ass!!!!!!!o:-)

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Almost an interception ??? Doesn't that mean it IS an interception??? So would that put Alex Smith at like 12 interceptions now??? Bench his ass!!!!!!!o:-)

OH GREATTTTTT.

Well, he shall arrive with an arsenal of PFF stats, and proof of such with Gifs and presents for all......

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 05:37 PM
ya, no -- this offense lost it's wheels during 2006 -- Trint was on pace for 2700 yd passing season with 14 TD's & 18 INT's

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fteams%2Fkan%2F2006.htm&div=div_passing"></script>

That year the OL was not very good at pass blocking and that killed the offense. LJ got 1750 Yds, which is not a lot more than Jamaal does behind a shit line. obviously LJ never came close again and the offense began murdering QB's -- 8 QB's went down injured during 2007 - 2008 seasons.

this season Bowe looks like poop coming out of cuts. If he keeps running slants like this, he's gonna be looking from the sidelines a lot more.
wait ... wasn't it just a few games ago that you insisted the slant was Alex Smith's fault?

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
btw Lately Alex has just BARELY getting down before the defenders take his head off

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
So is it starting to become more clear that while alex is limited, and has huge flaws, that the weaponry around him perhaps isn't that good?

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
So is it starting to become more clear that while alex is limited, and has huge flaws, that the weaponry around him perhaps isn't that good?

How dare you suggest such a thing

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 05:41 PM
been saying that for awhile myself, much to the irritation of others.

people love Bowe, you don't even hint at any mistake by Bowe around here

Weak Oline
Weak WRs
mass injuries at TE

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 05:41 PM
When you run the same exact plays every week since preseason- it is not too hard to figure an 8 yard slant to Bowe is coming.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM
It's not a good route for Bowe. He doesn't explode off the snap. Call it lazy if you want, but in my opinion its just not a good play for his skill set.

This isn't the first time Bowe's been beaten to the inside on a slant route.

As I've stated before, I've been a Bowe supporter but either he's not a fit for Andy's WCO routes, or he's not working hard enough.

Either way, something needs to change, as he's "theoretically", the Chiefs best receiver.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 05:43 PM
When you run the same exact plays every week since preseason- it is not too hard to figure an 8 yard slant to Bowe is coming.

Then how do other receivers in the league have such success on the same exact route?

The slant route was Jerry Rice's trademark.

I'm pretty sure defenders knew it was coming.

Fairplay
10-23-2013, 05:45 PM

He tried to tell us guys, he knew it all along.

He's an Oracle or Soothsayer if you will.

mr. tegu
It looked to me like he was trying to take the route a little bit deeper to get closer to a first down. And it could have worked but Alex had to throw it before that linebacker got into the throwing lane. He just needs to keep the route as called and get the easy yardage.

Mav

Well, perhaps that's the problem.

I have never heard of an 8 yard slant. Most slants, or any slant I have ever ran, seen heard about, are about 3 steps/yards off the line of scrimmage.

Maybe we should investigate that lol.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2013, 05:46 PM
This isn't the first time Bowe's been beaten to the inside on a slant route.

As I've stated before, I've been a Bowe supporter but either he's not a fit for Andy's WCO routes, or he's not working hard enough.

Either way, something needs to change, as he's "theoretically", the Chiefs best receiver.

Yea, I'm not sure Bowe has ever been a crisp, precise route runner. He's just a guy who uses his natural strength and size to beat defenders.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay
10-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Cut him from the team immediately.

JENKINSWINS
10-23-2013, 05:47 PM

This can't be true, Kyle Williams and Baldwin are lighting it up with the 49ers. Oh wait...

Mr. Laz
It looked to me like he was trying to take the route a little bit deeper to get closer to a first down. And it could have worked but Alex had to throw it before that linebacker got into the throwing lane. He just needs to keep the route as called and get the easy yardage.that's not how a slant works, you don't just adjust the depth of the route. The QB takes a quick drop and then throws. If Bowe was really trying to adjust the route then he failed before he ever started.

Mav
How dare you suggest such a thing

been saying that for awhile myself, much to the irritation of others.

people love Bowe, you don't even hint at any mistake by Bowe around here

Weak Oline
Weak WRs
mass injuries at TE

I fails at the game of life.

:D

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:48 PM
This can't be true, Kyle Williams and Baldwin are lighting it up with the 49ers. Oh wait...

I tend to remember that in the past when ever I stated that the 49ers had suck for receivers in 2011, I was told that an elite qb, such as the tattooed wonder kid, that the receivers would be given their TRUE chance to shine.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Someone needs to look at Bowes 2010 on film. Whatever he was doing that year worked. I think it was mostly short slants over the middle, then he would use his strength to breakaway for RAC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
10-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I fails at the game of life.

it hasn't even started yet ... i predict 100's of posts in this thread about how it's not Bowe it's the QB or the playing calling or an act of GOD or how everyone saying something about Bowe are racists.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Someone needs to look at Bowes 2010 on film. Whatever he was doing that year worked. I think it was mostly short slants over the middle, then he would use his strength to breakaway for RAC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowe beasted in the 10-19 yard area that season, outside the numbers.

Alex has completed 8 of 23 attempts in that area this season.

Cassel was 31 for 53.

notorious
10-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Huard was a stud in 2006.

Bring him in for a look? :hmmm:

Mav
10-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Bowe beasted in the 10-19 yard area that season, outside the numbers.

Alex has completed 8 of 23 attempts in that area this season.

Cassel was 31 for 53.

It shocks me that someone with his RAC ability, and size is not more effective an inbetween the hashes receiver.

notorious
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Bowe should be Terrell Owens.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 05:57 PM
It shocks me that someone with his RAC ability, and size is not more effective an inbetween the hashes receiver.

LMAO

Bowe is fine between the hashes.

Stop trying to pin issues with this offense on Bowe. It is 100 percent Alex's fault. Bowe is "struggling" for the same reason Crabtree "struggled."

Complete motherfucking bullshit.

JENKINSWINS
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I tend to remember that in the past when ever I stated that the 49ers had suck for receivers in 2011, I was told that an elite qb, such as the tattooed wonder kid, that the receivers would be given their TRUE chance to shine.

No way! Even the WRs they had in the NFCCG against the Giants in 2011, Wastings and Swine?

DaneMcCloud
LMAO

Stop trying to pin issues with this offense on Bowe. It is 100 percent Alex's fault. Bowe is "struggling" for the same reason Crabtree "struggled."

Complete motherfucking bullshit.

So the route in question, you know, the one in the video, was Smith's fault?

LMAO

Good grief.

petegz28

Same thing happened against the Eli's. He let the defender jump the route and get inside position. No excuse for a WR that big to allow that to happen. Bowe is good but he needs to step it up some.

Hammock Parties
The Chiefs moved Bowe into the slot last week and suddenly he had his best game of the season...not surprising, since those are the only throws Alex is good at.

He can't throw outside the numbers.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Same thing happened against the Eli's. He let the defender jump the route and get inside position. No excuse for a WR that big to allow that to happen. Bowe is good but he needs to step it up some.

Come on, Man, everyone knows that's Alex Smith's fault

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Don't make Alex Smith angry. You wouldn't like him when he is angry.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:01 PM
LMAO

Complete mother****ing bullshit.

Originally Posted on page one of this thread by MAV
I didn't jump on the Lazy bandwagon because of one reason. I will never ever call a wide receiver lazy when they run block the way he does, and when he starts blocking for other receivers. That is something I have noticed.

he may not be a disciplined route runner, but I wouldn't say lazy. That is however the second time he has allowed a corner to jump inside of him on a route that HE CANT allow a db to do so. Also, the route was awful. It was too long, it almost looks more like a shortened up post, rather than a slant.

I like Bowe. The problem with Bowe, is Alex Smith. Bowe is like Boldin. he doesn't care how many dbs are there.

But, Bowe has to help himself. That's his route to win.

Some times, if you look for the answer, you can find it.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:01 PM
To me, it looks like a poor throw by Alex into coverage. The defender had inside position early on that route and there was nothing Bowe could do about it.

Alex should never have thrown that ball. Bad decision, and a near INT.

JENKINSWINS
10-23-2013, 06:02 PM
LMAO

Complete mother****ing bullshit.

BS! Crabtree struggled due to being a prick and holding out, he also struggled due to the same reason he hasn't hit the field this season... injuries. Last year he got fully healthy after week 3 or 4.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:03 PM
The Chiefs moved Bowe into the slot last week and suddenly he had his best game of the season...not surprising, since those are the only throws Alex is good at.

He can't throw outside the numbers.

Well, then that falls on the coaching. Everyone knows that Alex smith prefers to throw to tight ends, and in between the hashes. That's not utilizing and playing to the strengths of your players.

If Bowe is such a beast in the middle of the field, and Alex Smith is very good at those kinds of passes then.....

:shrug:

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Then how do other receivers in the league have such success on the same exact route?

I'm pretty sure defenders knew it was coming.

Jerry had the ball in his hands before the defender made his first step-he was great at breaking tackles and getting extra yards.

Why are we not hitting Bowe as soon as it is hiked and letting him do his thing? It would get us some yards on first down and possibly allow him to make a huge play. :hmmm:

Mav
To me, it looks like a poor throw by Alex into coverage. The defender had inside position early on that route and there was nothing Bowe could do about it.

Blind Bias.

That's a pitiful route by Bowe.

Halfcan

This!

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:07 PM
BS! Crabtree struggled due to being a prick and holding out, he also struggled due to the same reason he hasn't hit the field this season... injuries. Last year he got fully healthy after week 3 or 4.

Also coincidentally. 2012 was the first year that he participated in OTA'S, training camp and the preseason. he also came into camp in the best shape of his career.

But, lets not infiltrate their board with stupid nonsense like facts.

I much prefer the graphic that Crabtree just all of a sudden beasted out after Alex smith got hurt, despite the fact that he scored tds on 3 of alex smiths last 25 passes as a 49er starter, and his very LAST pass as a 49er starter was a td, while having a concussion.....

No need for that non sense.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Just looks like Bowe came out of his break slow. Smith tried to put the ball in front of him so he could catch it in stride. Bowe either needs to come out of the break with more speed or use his body to block out the defender or Smith just needs to throw it a little behind him.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
The defender is already breaking on the throw before the ball is away. This ball should never have been thrown.

http://i.imgur.com/9OXLu5H.jpg

Additionally, if Alex hadn't been such a dumbass game manager, he would have seen Charles breaking wide the fuck open for a huge gain on a deeper throw to his right.

http://i.imgur.com/GwZspm8.gif

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Just looks like Bowe came out of his break slow. Smith tried to put the ball in front of him so he could catch it in stride. Bowe either needs to come out of the break with more speed or use his body to block out the defender or Smith just needs to throw it a little behind him.

If you watch other areas of the play, you see that clearly Fasano was running a rub route with him. He runs directly into the LB, the plays design was to get Bowe underneath him. No way that happens with how crappy Bowe ran the route.

But, Bowe has immunity.

Alex Smiths fault.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
FFS Clay.

A lot of your work is effing outstanding.

But, your blind bias towards Alex Smith has gone to a new level.

It was a poor route. he was the option on the play. That's the design of a slant play. You expect Alex Smith to come off a quick slant to swing all the way around to the 4th option on the route in THAT SPLIT SECOND?

Sounds about right for this place.

Three7s
10-23-2013, 06:13 PM
If you watch other areas of the play, you see that clearly Fasano was running a rub route with him. He runs directly into the LB, the plays design was to get Bowe underneath him. No way that happens with how crappy Bowe ran the route.

But, Bowe has immunity.

Alex Smiths fault.
I agree with Clay on this one. Smith should've seen the positioning of the defender pre-snap and looked to another read. (Charles obviously)

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I agree with Clay on this one. Smith should've seen the positioning of the defender pre-snap and looked to another read. (Charles obviously)

We don't know the playcall to make that call as to where it should of gone.

Now, you could be right. But the first fail of the play, was the route. I don't even know what route to call that. It was that poorly run of a route.

Everything else is semantics at that point.

Messier
10-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Nope. You expect you receiver to beat to DB to the spot. All QBs make those throws.

KCwolf
10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
FFS Clay.

It was a poor route. he was the option on the play. That's the design of a slant play. You expect Alex Smith to come off a quick slant to swing all the way around to the 4th option on the route in THAT SPLIT SECOND?

Sounds about right for this place.

Pretty much SPOT on

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
FFS Clay.

It was a poor route. he was the option on the play. That's the design of a slant play.

Bullshit. If the defender has inside position you don't throw that ball.

Alex should have come off Bowe, looked to his right and hit Charles. Quarterbacks do that all the fucking time. You think they just blindly throw slants into coverage and fuck every other route in the progession?

You expect Alex Smith to come off a quick slant to swing all the way around to the 4th option on the route in THAT SPLIT SECOND?

That's NFL quarterbacking, but you don't fucking get it because you blindly support this asshole we've got under center.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
It's a timing route, the WR has to get position. Given the fact the slant is about the toughest route to defend you can't blame a QB for going at it.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 06:17 PM
The defender is already breaking on the throw before the ball is away. This ball should never have been thrown.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:18 PM
It's a timing route, the WR has to get position. Given the fact the slant is about the toughest route to defend you can't blame a QB for going at it.

I'll blame him 100 percent of the time when he throws with a defender breaking on the ball already.

"every slant route should be a completion if the WR runs the route right!"

- CP homer braintrust

:doh!:

Messier
:facepalm:

petegz28

Alex should have come off Bowe, looked to his right and hit Charles. Quarterbacks do that all the ****ing time. You think they just blindly throw slants into coverage and **** every other route in the progession?

That's NFL quarterbacking, but you don't ****ing get it because you blindly support this asshole we've got under center.

Clay, your hypocrisy has reached new levels. First you cry that we don't throw to Bowe enough, open or not, and let him make a play. Then you cry when we do and he doesn't make the play and it almost gets picked.

So to sum up...Alex Smith is always at fault regardless. And if the pass is complete it is in spite of Smith.

Talk about having it both ways.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Shut up, Pete.

Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in football this year. Because he makes crap reads and crap throws just like this one.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Alex should have come off Bowe, looked to his right and hit Charles. Quarterbacks do that all the ****ing time. You think they just blindly throw slants into coverage and **** every other route in the progession?

That's NFL quarterbacking, but you don't ****ing get it because you blindly support this asshole we've got under center.

LOL. Yes, blindly. Yeah, check my sig. I already owned your ass once in this thread, which you failed to acknowledge after you tried to call me out. Now you want to do this shit again?

You, of ALL PEOPLE, the one who says that ALEX SMITH WONT THROW TO A GUY unless he is wide open, he puts faith in his receiver, who runs a SHIT route doesn't for the SECOND TIME in the past 3 weeks doesn't beat a corner inside, and yet, you the slurper of Bowe, wouldn't DARE admit that he failed on a route.

And, FUCK NO. I have never seen Aaron Rodgers, have a DESIGNED slant route to the LEFT, to swing over immediately to the LAST OPTION.

Nope, haven't fucking seen it. Because, IT DOESNT HAPPEN.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Shut up, Pete.

Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in football this year. Because he makes crap reads and crap throws just like this one.

You shut up, you little baby. You scream for 7 weeks how we should throw to Bowe even if he isn't open because he is "that good" and when we do and he doesn't make the play you bitch.

Smith throws a 40 yard bomb out of his own endzone and you bitch. Smith overthrows Bowe by inches and you bitch. Smith completes pass to Bowe and it's complete in spite of Smith. Smith throws incomplete to Bowe and it's Smith sucks.

You're like a fucking 5 year old with this shit.

Messier
I saw Joe Montana do it once, so, Alex Smith isn't Joe Montana. Everyone agree?

Hammock Parties
You are full of crap.

This was a bad fucking decision by Alex Smith.

And I'd say the same thing if Casshole was back there.

He is, anyway. Same fucking difference.

JENKINSWINS

http://i.imgur.com/9OXLu5H.jpg

Additionally, if Alex hadn't been such a dumbass game manager, he would have seen Charles breaking wide the **** open for a huge gain on a deeper throw to his right.

But Boomer Esaison was all over Bowe when the play happened and called him out on the replay.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I'll blame him 100 percent of the time when he throws with a defender breaking on the ball already.

"every slant route should be a completion if the WR runs the route right!"

- CP homer braintrust

Lol.

only CP BRAINTRUST?

How about the GREATEST offensive mind of all time in BILL WALSH?

How about Jerry Rice, who despite being smaller, and about the same speed as Bowe, used PRECISE AND SURGICAL route running to beat ANY CORNER.

Bowe, who had off coverage, ran a ROUTE TOO LONG, he ran the ROUTE, INTO THE COVERAGE.

That is 100000000 percent on Bowe.

you don't make that decision to NOT throw that play. The timing is too fast. But, of course your 20/20 hindsight vision is on full display here.

Dave Lane
10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Should've been a pick good job Alex

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Quarterbacks throw every slant, every time! They never pull the ball down and look for another option!!!!

LMAO

Halfcan
We don't know the playcall to make that call as to where it should of gone.

Now, you could be right. But the first fail of the play, was the route. I don't even know what route to call that. It was that poorly run of a route.

Everything else is semantics at that point.

Why do feel the need to Champion every bad pass by Alex? I was actually at the game not just looking at stats on the computer- and he had a very below average game. :doh!:

Halfcan
Should've been a pick good job Alex

This!! It would have been a back breaker too!

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Quarterbacks throw every slant, every time! They never pull the ball down and look for another option!!!!

LMAO

So from now on when Bowe is covered we won't hear any more whining from you if we don't throw it to him, right?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:25 PM
So from now on when Bowe is covered we won't hear any more whining from you if we don't throw it to him, right?

Shut up, homer.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:26 PM

LMAO

Bowe was OPEN.

He runs the correct route, and its a completion.

He ran the ROUTE INTO THE DEFENDER.

Look at Fasano. He wasn't even running a route. The play design was to come under Fasano. Im not even going to say that Alex Threw a great pass. It was too far in front of him.

But, it was a pitiful route.

petegz28
Clay: Smith needs to trust Bowe and let him make the play. Just throw it to him

Clay: Smith needs to see Bowe is covered and shouldn't have thrown it to him

LMAO

Halfcan
But Boomer Esaison was all over Bowe when the play happened and called him out on the replay.

Alex looks to his first option and that is it, he either holds it for a sack, runs out of bounds or throws it away.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Why do feel the need to Champion every bad pass by Alex? I was actually at the game not just looking at stats on the computer- and he had a very below average game. :doh!:

not championing anything. It wasn't a great pass.

That's not the point. The ROUTE was run pitifully.

Anything after that really is irrelevant.

I still haven't seen the whole game. I don't know how Alex Smith looked. I saw the pathetic interception he threw late.

The stats certainly don't scream SUCCESSFUL GAME.

Oh, and I have sunday ticket. I watch EVERY Chiefs game. Just haven't had time this week, as I too was at a game. I was in the rain watching that shit fest of a packers browns game.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Alex looks to his first option and that is it, he either holds it for a sack, runs out of bounds or throws it away.

Okay now that is just bullshit pure and simple. Dude goes through his progressions quite often. You can't check it down if you're always going with your first option or nothing. :doh!:

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Clay: Smith needs to trust Bowe and let him make the play. Just throw it to him

I never, ever said this.

Alex Smith has almost no concept of "NFL open."

The play in question, Bowe is not open. The defender is in perfect position to jump a slant route. And that's exactly what he did.

Alex is lucky Bowe was awesome enough to break up the pass. Which has happened more than once this year.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I never, ever said this.

The play in question, Bowe is not open. The defender is in perfect position to jump a slant route. And that's exactly what he did.

Alex is lucky Bowe was awesome enough to break up the pass. Which has happened more than once this year.

Right...:drool:

Messier
10-23-2013, 06:29 PM

That's not true at all.

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM

I still haven't seen the whole game. I don't know how Alex Smith looked. I saw the pathetic interception he threw late.

Oh, and I have sunday ticket. I watch EVERY Chiefs game. Just haven't had time this week, as I too was at a game. I was in the rain watching that shit fest of a packers browns game.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
I never, ever said this.

Lol, welp, with that, im out.

Because, Bowe was OPEN from the word go. Bowe ran some route that I have NEVER seen.

He ran the ROUTE into the defender. And the beautiful thing is. THE PROOF IS AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD. Off coverage, slant route called, Fasano rubbing off the LB and Bowe runs a 5 yard slant. A route I have NEVER heard of or seen, and on top of that. It wasn't even a slant, It was kind of half assed move to the right.

The film is there. ITS RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

TheUte
10-23-2013, 06:32 PM
First, its trust Bowe throw him open.

Now it's he wasn't open bad throw.

Holy F SHIT, you don't have to be a fan. You can hate him as much as you want.

But at least have a little intellectual integrity otherwise it's just hate for the sake of hate.

AS had a pretty poor game, but the pass was on Bowe, he ran a bad route and did not protect his QB.

They can both be true.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Shrugs. I don't know why you feel the need to bust me balls...

Im not defending Alex Smith on any part of it other than that the route was poor.

This after all was a thread on the ROUTE.

Does that look like a great route to you?

mr. tegu
10-23-2013, 06:33 PM
It was a route run too long but that overhead shot doesn't do Smith any favors either. Bowe made a mistake on the route and that made it easy for the DB to jump the play.

That doesn't mean Alex has to compound the mistake by throwing it, especially when he had a nice clean pocket. Even if he doesn't want to throw it right away or look at another option in Charles he can let Bowe continue running past the defender.

Halfcan
That's not true at all.

When guys are wide open waving their arms for two games in a row... He follows his first read with his eyes the whole time then gets jittery and runs or takes the sack.

Lets hope he doesn't stink it up this weekend.

Dave Lane

Obviously you've never even played the game even at a flag football level. if you had ever played as a receiver and ran the slant you know you can't look where the defender is when the ball is coming

Dave Lane
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
When guys are wide open waving their arms for two games in a row... He follows his first read with his eyes the whole time then gets jittery and runs or takes the sack.

When you've lost halfcan as a Chiefs player you've lost everyone...

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Shrugs. I don't know why you feel the need to bust me balls...

Im not defending Alex Smith on any part of it other than that the route was poor.

This after all was a thread on the ROUTE.

Does that look like a great route to you?

It looks perfectly covered so Why throw it when you have JC breaking wide open for a HUGE Play. Because it was his first option and he tried to force it in there.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Obviously you've never even played the game even at a flag football level. if you had ever played as a receiver and ran the slant you know you can't look where the defender is when the ball is coming

Does that also prevent Bowe from seeing that the CB STARTED OFF ABOUT 7 YARDS? Why did he need to run a route that was designed for about a 3 yard break at 5 yards?

What is FASANO doing? What route was he running? What route in football calls for you to run DIRECTLY INTO THE LB, and then to look at the qb to see where the ball went. This is a NEW ROUTE to me.

I have seen the concept done before. The broncos run it REPEATEDLY.

They run welker underneath Thomas, or Thomas on what is fashionably known as a pick, or rub play.

But, please, TELL ME about the concepts of route running.

Please.

TheUte
10-23-2013, 06:37 PM

And obviously You know that if as a receiver you can touch the ball you need to catch it, otherwise its on you.

Iconic
10-23-2013, 06:40 PM
DB got inside position. We all can see that- the problem is our QB can't.

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 06:42 PM

I was on the give him a chance side- well this weekend will be 8 games. That should be a pretty good "look" at what Alex brings to the table. Many QB's have been given far less this year. I love that we are winning- but so far it is Not because of Alex. We have a murder of a schedule the second half and what he has done thus far won't nearly cut it. He won't be able to ride the coat tails of the D anymore.

If Alex fails to throw a TD this week-that will be a Month. That is completely unacceptable in the NFL. No other team in the league would allow that kind of production. So I guess we will see what happens.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:42 PM
It looks perfectly covered so Why throw it when you have JC breaking wide open for a HUGE Play. Because it was his first option and he tried to force it in there.

It wasn't perfectly covered. At all. if bowe runs the ROUTE, which is the premise of this whole conversation, if he runs the route with conviction, and correctly. That's a first down, and a lot more. The play design was for bowe to slant, and come under Fasano. In the end, bowe ends up running a route that breaks FURTHER DOWN THE FIELD than fasano ran.

The route, was run incorrectly. The throw was bad. but, the route, is the discussion here. We can start 17 threads a day on BAD ALEX SMITH THROWS.

ill never dispute that. But the OP isn't set on the THROW. Was that a good route to you?

Or do you just want to keep talking about Jamaal Charles at best, the 4th option on the play.

Messier
10-23-2013, 06:43 PM

I'm not saying he never locks on a receiver. You said he doesn't go to the second or third option. That's false.

Halfcan
10-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm not saying he never locks on a receiver. You said he doesn't go to the second or third option. That's false.

My bad- 90% lol I am sure someone has the stats for it. Alex faces a pretty tough D this weekend-so lets hope he puts this team on his back this week and gets us a big win.

Mav
10-23-2013, 06:50 PM
My bad- 90% lol I am sure someone has the stats for it. Alex faces a pretty tough D this weekend-so lets hope he puts this team on his back this week and gets us a big win.

I wish I could agree with you. Brandon Weeden broke this team. Wont happen. Should be a get well week statistically for the Chiefs offense, and a great stat padder for the defense.

Messier
10-23-2013, 06:52 PM

I hope so too. I know you're almost done with him, but he's not going anywhere. Every game he seems to have a drive, or two that help win the game, yes, Smith helps this team win. I know, I'm crazy, but it's true, and I'm at the game too.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM
But at least have a little intellectual integrity otherwise it's just hate for the sake of hate.

Expecting intellectual integrity from Claynus is like giving your life's savings to Bernie Madoff and not expecting him to fuck you in the ass.

rtmike
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Sounds like Bowe needs to spend some time in Haley's doghouse & demoted to #4 WR.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Sounds like Bowe needs to spend some time in Haley's doghouse & demoted to #4 WR.

LMAO

TheUte
10-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I feel bad for some of you guys, AR isn't making a change when he is winning.

I guess you will just have to suck it up.

l4z4rd
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
This!! It would have been a back breaker too!

You want to know what could have been a back breaker... Charles' fumble on our 20.

WhiteWhale
10-23-2013, 07:09 PM

... and the square in.

... and the skinny post.

Brock
10-23-2013, 07:11 PM
I feel bad for some of you guys, AR isn't making a change when he is winning.

I guess you will just have to suck it up.

Don't want him replaced right now. Just want him to start playing to his average to middling potential.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Don't want him replaced right now. Just want him to start playing to his average to middling potential.

I could say the same about Allen, Asamoah, Fisher, Fasano, Avery and Bowe.

If they ever get to "average" in the same game, this offensive will explode.

The big question, however, is "If".

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:16 PM
I could say the same about Allen, Asamoah, Fisher, Fasano, Avery and Bowe.

If they ever get to "average" in the same game, this offensive will explode.

The big question, however, is "If".

This offense will never explode while Alex is under center.

I've seen enough. We will never have a top 10 offense with this guy.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:26 PM
This offense will never explode while Alex is under center.

I've seen enough. We will never have a top 10 offense with this guy.

We had a top 3 offense under DV and what did that get us?

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 07:27 PM

We had top defensive units under Marty and what did those get us?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:29 PM

True, offense is worthless.

You win with defense in the NFL.

Especially in 2013.

salame
10-23-2013, 07:29 PM
bowe is always lazy
his buckteeth wear him out

he has trust issues

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
We had top defensive units under Marty and what did those get us?

Same as a top offense...so to cry about us not having a top offense is rather silly

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:33 PM
True, offense is worthless.

You win with defense in the NFL.

Especially in 2013.

The 2 teams in the SB last year had great defenses, strong running games and pretty much game managers at QB. Granted Flaco had one of his better years.

Do you really think Kaepernick was the reason SF went to the SB?

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Same as a top offense...so to cry about us not having a top offense is rather silly

So maybe we should try to do something crazy, like have productive units on both sides of the ball?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:37 PM
The 2 teams in the SB last year had great defenses, strong running games and pretty much game managers at QB. Granted Flaco had one of his better years.

I'm sure San Francisco's defense keyed that 17-0 comeback in the NFCCG.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:40 PM
So maybe we should try to do something crazy, like have productive units on both sides of the ball?

We are #8 in offensive points.....

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm sure San Francisco's defense keyed that 17-0 comeback in the NFCCG.

So when another team comes from behind it's their QB

When we come from behind it's in spite of

I'd say their defense did a lot to hold the other team after the 17

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 07:42 PM
We are #8 in offensive points.....

OK. If you have any sense of confidence in the offensive side of the ball, more power to you.

Right now, they're shit, aside from Charles.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:42 PM
The 2 teams in the SB last year had pretty much game managers at QB.

2012 fuck-you-true-fans statistics recap:

Kaepernick: #2 in the NFL in yards per completion, #1 in the NFL in 20+ accuracy.

Flacco: #11 in the NFL in yards per completion, #2 in the NFL in 20+ completions.

2013:

Alex: 30th, dead last

tk13
10-23-2013, 07:43 PM
You absolutely still have to play defense to have success. I didn't realize this was a debate. All the great offense/poor defense teams usually choke in the playoffs. The Niners and Seahawks have established themselves as top tier teams because they will wipe you out on defense.

Alex Smith's playoff win came against the QB who had just set the NFL record for passing yards in a season, with an offense that averaged about 35 ppg.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
OK. If you have any sense of confidence in the offensive side of the ball, more power to you.

Right now, they're shit, aside from Charles.

First off, they are not "shit".

Secondly, there is room for MASSIVE improvement from nearly everyone outside of Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles.

There's a False Narrative being propagated in this forum in which EVERYONE, other than Alex Smith, is playing 100% to their ability.

It's fucking bullshit and completely UNTRUE.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM

I think he was one of the main reasons they succeeded in the playoffs for a variety of reasons.

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
First off, they are not "shit".

Secondly, there is room for MASSIVE improvement from nearly everyone outside of Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles.

There's a False Narrative being propagated in this forum in which EVERYONE, other than Alex Smith, is playing 100% to their ability.

It's ****ing bullshit and completely UNTRUE.

We can play semantics, and you're certainly welcome to disagree with me. However, in my view the offense--and I mean the offense as a whole--has been shit.

This is not a high-quality offensive team right now. The line play has been shaky; the TEs are a fucking joke; the WRs might as well not exist, which is likely partly on them and partly on our QB. And you know my feelings about the latter.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 07:54 PM
We can play semantics, and you're certainly welcome to disagree with me. However, in my view the offense--and I mean the offense as a whole--has been shit.

No, it hasn't been shit. They've scored enough points to win every game and they've left points on the field. They left a minimum of six on the field on Sunday alone (if not 14) and Charles' fumble in the Red Zone hurt their chances for more points, just as Donnie Avery's fumble in the Red Zone hurt them the week prior.

This is not a high-quality offensive team right now. The line play has been shaky; the TEs are a fucking joke; the WRs might as well not exist, which is likely partly on them and partly on our QB. And you know my feelings about the latter.

High quality? No. Shit? No.

We're only 7 games into the season. If they're still struggling to score points (while winning) in December, I'll be concerned.

tk13
10-23-2013, 07:54 PM
It certainly isn't a high octane offense. But they have made some nice drives when their back was against the wall. Not every time... but they're doing just enough to win. I don't think they are complete dead weight but they certainly need to be better. I think you can win a playoff game the way this team is playing now... not sure if you can win several of them though.

Most importantly, this is not a Martyball team. I do not believe Andy Reid is Marty. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

petegz28
10-23-2013, 07:57 PM
2012 ****-you-true-fans statistics recap:

Kaepernick: #2 in the NFL in yards per completion, #1 in the NFL in 20+ accuracy.

Flacco: #11 in the NFL in yards per completion, #2 in the NFL in 20+ completions.

2013:

Alex: 30th, dead last

Kaep played less than half a season

Nice try

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Kaep played less than half a season

Nice try

Yeah, so?

He was 19 for 33 on throws over 20 yards.

That's phenomenal.

Anyong Bluth
10-23-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16cel6_slant-fail-and-scramble_sport

Slant fail and scramble by dm_52684864bf135

I couldn't get the audio, but the commentator called Bowe out for not fighting for the inside position and that he should never let a db cut him off like that.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago after Maas talked about it at length on a radio segment. He said going thru the film that Bowe has been guilty of giving inside position on his inside routes well over half the time. He was rather puzzled and said if he's spotting it the coaches obviously have to be and yet it keeps happening on play after play. Frustrating he's taken himself out of spots he could likely be getting the ball as Smith is so big in hitting guys between the hashes.

Anyong Bluth
10-23-2013, 08:25 PM

He can't - Haley trashed that house too and then just took off.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
BTW, Bowe isn't running a slant.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I mentioned this a few weeks ago after Maas talked about it at length on a radio segment. He said going thru the film that Bowe has been guilty of giving inside position on his inside routes well over half the time. He was rather puzzled and said if he's spotting it the coaches obviously have to be and yet it keeps happening on play after play. Frustrating he's taken himself out of spots he could likely be getting the ball as Smith is so big in hitting guys between the hashes.

Maas is a drunken idiot.

But my biggest fear is that Dorsey signed Bowe based on his prior production - not on how he'd fit in Reid's offense.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 08:33 PM

hard to tell, looks like a slant but was more like a curl. he and Smiff are not on the same page.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
hard to tell, looks like a slant but was more like a curl. he and Smiff are not on the same page.

It isn't either of those two.

Avery's route should give it away (same route, it's a concept). Fasano getting blown up in the MOF kind ruins it as well.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 08:41 PM

Hard to tell?

LMAO

You're the same guy that said it was "hard to tell" when Bowe ran a shitty slant against the Giants, resulting in an INT.

Do you not understand the WR responsibility on a slant or are you trolling?

It's hard to tell.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
wait ... wasn't it just a few games ago that you insisted the slant was Alex Smith's fault?

ya these are different plays. and, again, we do not know which route Bowe was running.

If he was running a curl, that is a bad route because it was 2nd & 7.. If you're going to call a curl on that play, your WR needs to get passed the marker. Bowe ran that 4 yards shy if that's what he was running.

The curl call doesn't make sense -- at least on a slant the WR catches and keep going for the YAC/1st down...

I think Bowe ran poor/wrong route this time.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hard to tell?

LMAO

You're the same guy that said it was "hard to tell" when Bowe ran a shitty slant against the Giants, resulting in an INT.

Do you not understand the WR responsibility on a slant or are you trolling?

It's hard to tell.

you laugh at your own unfunny jokes way too often.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:00 PM
ya these are different plays. and, again, we do not know which route Bowe was running.

If he was running a curl, that is a bad route because it was 2nd & 7.. If you're going to call a curl on that play, your WR needs to get passed the marker. Bowe ran that 4 yards shy if that's what he was running.

The curl call doesn't make sense -- at least on a slant the WR catches and keep going for the YAC/1st down...

I think Bowe ran poor/wrong route this time.

It's an "under" route, not a slant. The depth + roll off the inside foot gives it away. Similar routes though.

If you watch both Avery and Bowe, you'll notice the lack of depth and how the cut is different than this.

http://i.minus.com/ibj4pY5IiE58qA.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Just throw the ball shittier; he'll catch it.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:06 PM
It's an "under" route, not a slant. The depth + roll off the inside foot gives it away. Similar routes though.

If you watch both Avery and Bowe, you'll notice the lack of depth and how the cut is different than this.

http://i.minus.com/ibj4pY5IiE58qA.gif

I still can't see how that was a good route -- not that I think you claim it is, just trying to figure out what went wrong there.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:08 PM
The ball is thrown as if Bowe is running the right route.

It's just a poor decision by Alex to force it.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I still can't see how that was a good route -- not that I think you claim it is, just trying to figure out what went wrong there.

Typically, with that concept your stem for the inside "under" is going to be a little shorter. From the gif and vid, it looks like Bowe gets the same depth as Avery and rolls it a bit too much.

I'd chalk this up to being more of a good defensive play than an abortion of route running at this point.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
you laugh at your own unfunny jokes way too often.

It's funny that you think you know football.

Muy apologies for laughing.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:11 PM
who is that running Y WR??? Hemingway?? he found a nice route there.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:12 PM
That's Charles.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:12 PM
It's just a poor decision by Alex to force it.

Words your father says to himself every night for $100, Alex.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
It's funny that you think you know football.

Muy apologies for laughing.

ya whatever doctor football

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Words your father says to himself every night for $100, Alex.

Why do you continually have to make things personal?

DaneMcCloud
Why do you continually have to make things personal?

So it's true?

LMAO

Ace Gunner
That's Charles.

ah ha ya I see the stride now :D

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
who is that running Y WR??? Hemingway?? he found a nice route there.

Potential huge gain there as the defensive player jumps the short route. Wonder why he would do this? Strange.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:17 PM
On a side note, Cushing absolutely dominates in that gif.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Dude at the 35 is your huckleberry.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Potential huge gain there as the defensive player jumps the short route. Wonder why he would do this? Strange.

Curl/flat defender.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:26 PM

Why?

LMAO

I hope you realize the video isn't in real time.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Alex should have turned his head to the right immediately after assessing the coverage on his left. No way he should have attempted that throw.

Look left - look right - fire - overthrow Charles!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Alex should have turned his head to the right immediately after assessing the coverage on his left. No way he should have attempted that throw.

You know who would make that read?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AussieChiefsFan
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Especially for a guy of his size, you'd hope stuff like that would never happen.

Chiefs=Champions
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
LMAO Sorter would cut the amount of posts on chiefsplanet in half if he posted earlier in most threads. Dude knows football.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM

lol ya, but look at Hudson -- can't step into a throw with your center in your lap.

DeezNutz
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Why?

LMAO

I hope you realize the video isn't in real time.

I don't even know what this means, honestly.

Why do you think that defenses are keying on routes near the line of scrimmage? It's a complete mystery to me, but I'm sure it has to do primarily with poor play from the line and WRs.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:36 PM
lol ya, but look at Hudson -- can't step into a throw with your center in your lap.

Alex was throwing from a clean pocket when he forced that pass to Bowe. He should have been overthrowing Charles when he was doing that.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Curl/flat defender.

that defense was called perfectly and that DB knew he could jump inside on Bowe.

ThaVirus
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
LMAO Sorter would cut the amount of posts on chiefsplanet in half if he posted earlier in most threads. Dude knows football.

Don't forget to wipe your chin.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:41 PM

Looking at it presnap from NFL rewind, you've got single safety high with the wide safety(Reid) outside the numbers. You've got a couple different looks here defensively, especially to the wide side(weak buzz if C3/6 covers both the flat and slant) with Charles that prevent that read from being made (and make Alex want to go to the close side of the field).

Nice defense.

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:42 PM

I doubt I'd make even a marginal impact.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Alex was throwing from a clean pocket when he forced that pass to Bowe. He should have been overthrowing Charles when he was doing that.

it was the right read, for sure -- Jamaal was the only Chiefs in that play that would have converted just by possession and he would have gotten more.. hindsight, I'm sure they saw that during film review

Ace Gunner
10-23-2013, 09:45 PM

actually, you cause folks to post more it's called provocative :D

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't even know what this means, honestly.

Why do you think that defenses are keying on routes near the line of scrimmage? It's a complete mystery to me, but I'm sure it has to do primarily with poor play from the line and WRs.

Good grief.

Quick Slant patterns are timing routes. Alex dropped back, passed and Bowe was beat.

It was a designed play for a certain down and distance. It wasn't designed for him to "scan the field" or "look at other receivers".

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:46 PM

Exactly.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I am sure Alex is looking to get the ball to Bowe more and that is why he did what he did.

No one said playing QB in the NFL was easy. The windows are small. That was too small.

Hope you learn from this, Alex.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM

I hope you learn from this

Ace Gunner
I am sure Alex is looking to get the ball to Bowe more and that is why he did what he did.

No one said playing QB in the NFL was easy. The windows are small. That was too small.

I'm certain he did it after he saw your posts :D

btw- Bowe had 5 catches that game -- he led the team

Hammock Parties
It was a designed play for a certain down and distance. It wasn't designed for him to "scan the field" or "look at other receivers".

Wrong. It was not a quick slant, as we've already proven in this thread. Quick slants have a much faster release.

Alex held that ball for two seconds before release. He read the defense and determined where he wanted to go with the ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:50 PM
I have learned absolutely nothing and intend to keep it that way.

Hammock Parties
I hope you learn from this

I have. No opponent from here on out is an easy win.

DaneMcCloud
Wrong. It was not a quick slant, as we've already proven in this thread. Quick slants have a much faster release.

Alex held that ball for two seconds before release. He read the defense and determined where he wanted to go with the ball.
LMAO

Sorter
10-23-2013, 09:51 PM
actually, you cause folks to post more it's called provocative :D

I also doubt that and I'm a narcissist.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I have. No opponent from here on out is an easy win.

True.

Chiefs vs Parkville? I'm holding my breath.

O.city

No no, he should hav throw it to Charles, he was open.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
No no, he should hav throw it to Charles, he was open.

Should have come off Bowe pretty quick when he saw that coverage.

Snap your head around, find Charles, boom. Would have been a sweet overthrow I'm sure.

O.city
10-23-2013, 09:53 PM

Snap your head around, find Charles, boom. Would have been a sweet overthrow I'm sure.

Sorter just told you why that's not the case you dolt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:53 PM

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
LMAO

Are you laughing because he's wrong (because he is) or because you mistakenly believe he's right?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM

A pass to Charles was entirely possible in my estimation.

With Alex Smith not all things are possible though.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 09:56 PM

It's okay. Everyone knows that Claynus is a troll.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Are you laughing because he's wrong (because he is) or because you mistakenly believe he's right?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 10:00 PM

I would pay money to see you and Sorter next to a white board charting plays during and after a Chiefs game.

I'm pretty sure that we could easily "Crowd Fund" it on Chiefsplanet. I could bring in excellent videographers and world class video editors.

You game?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I would pay money to see you and Sorter next to a white board charting plays after a Chiefs game.

I'm pretty sure that we could easily fund it. I'd could bring in excellent videographers and world class video editors.

You game?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1779797/palpatine-o.gif

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1779797/palpatine-o.gif

Just how fucking epic would it be?

10-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Don't make Alex Smith angry. You wouldn't like him when he is angry.

Hulk at QB would be fucking awesome. LMAO

Mav
10-24-2013, 04:24 AM
One play. Broken down to every single flaw in Alex Smith.

When the intended purpose was to express how Bowe ran a shitty route.

AWESOMENESS.

tomahawk kid
10-24-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan, but it's pretty clear that Clay has Elvis Grbac PTSD.

He backed the wrong QB once - won't let it happen again :)

DeezNutz
10-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Good grief.

Quick Slant patterns are timing routes. Alex dropped back, passed and Bowe was beat.

You realize that I haven't said otherwise in this thread, right? My observation was more about how the defenders are reacting to the other routes. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

My initial comment is that there was a "potential huge gain" because the D is jumping everything underneath. More pointedly, my implicit criticism is that Smith has to stretch the field, earlier and more often, IMO.

Aspengc8
10-24-2013, 06:51 AM

looks like levels concept, or hi/lo. I know Peyton loves the levels concept. huge throwing lane to JC on that dig :(

Three7s
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM

Looking at it again, I see why he didn't. Just as Alex was going into his throwing motion, the defender was still blocking Charles, if he held the ball for another second he would've seen him break open.

ThaVirus
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Looking at it again, I see why he didn't. Just as Alex was going into his throwing motion, the defender was still blocking Charles, if he held the ball for another second he would've seen him break open.

.. And that's what some of us are talking about when we say he doesn't let plays develop. He needs to anticipate guys getting open more often instead of looking at his first read and either making a shitty, dangerous throw, getting happy feet and scrambling, or taking a sack.

JENKINSWINS
10-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Added a vid of Bowe and his sloppy footwork and dropped pass.

MahiMike
10-24-2013, 11:58 AM
3 words - "One Year Contracts".

Never pay these guys up front.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 12:00 PM
3 words - "One Year Contracts".

Never pay these guys up front.

I'm sure Axl's agent will agree wholeheartedly when we get stuck with him for 5 years...

Snapplez
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Added a vid of Bowe and his sloppy footwork and dropped pass.

Guess there wasn't enough evidence you were completely full of shit. Now we know for sure.

ChiefRocka
10-24-2013, 12:37 PM

OK, I'm sure Manning comes off Welker when there's tight man? You expect your #1 to win on a three step drop with only man coverage.

So lame...

Chest Rockwell
10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
OK, I'm sure Manning comes off Welker when there's tight man?...

Manning always comes on Welker.

ALWAYS.

Especially when there's "tight man."

Anyong Bluth
10-24-2013, 02:11 PM

I'm sorry, but I was referring to his running inside routes overall - not just the specific play gif'd up.

Maas is a drunken idiot.

But my biggest fear is that Dorsey signed Bowe based on his prior production - not on how he'd fit in Reid's offense.

He may be, but it doesn't mean that he's wrong and when watching review of the plays that Bowe isn't committing a basic mistake and the defender is too easily being let to keep inside coverage.

I posted it before that I worried Dorsay might have been too quick to sign Bowe without fully thinking through how he would fit into this specific offense and if it was a good fit.