PDA

View Full Version : Football Brett Favre being contacted by an NFL team....

In58men
10-24-2013, 05:00 AM
@AdamSchefter: St. Louis called Brett Favre, asking if the 44-year-old QB if he would be willing to play. Favre declined. More to story on ESPN all day.

Basileus777
10-24-2013, 05:09 AM
I guess we know what ESPN's will be covering for the next month.

Basileus777
10-24-2013, 05:15 AM
I love how PFT is already stirring up shit like this (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/rams-call-brett-favre-but-hes-not-returning/):

Still, it would be interesting to know whether Favre would consider returning for a playoff contender. If, say, the Chiefs lost Alex Smith to an injury, would Favre return for the opportunity to play a few months for a Super Bowl contender?

SeeingRed
10-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Call Tebow...he'll do it...not as picky as Favre

Dayze
10-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I think Favre could still do it. Not for another two years or anything, but if he had to fill in for 5-7 games etc...

Molitoth
10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
WHY the **** would Favre want to go to the Rams, lol...

If Alex Smith went down, I could see him coming to the chiefs due to the record here, the defense, and the familiarity with Andy Reid.

But I'd rather see Bray.

Wallcrawler
10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Oh yeah. Id LOVE to have Favre come in and toss a game clinching interception to the other team in the playoffs.

GTFO.

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Favre. You cannot be serious.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Jfc

Frosty
10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Favre was on one of the pregame shows last week. Man, he looked really old (and was barely coherent).

Kidd Lex
10-24-2013, 08:20 AM
He will have to be 6 feet under before this bs ceases.

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Favre was on one of the pregame shows last week. Man, he looked really old (and was barely coherent).

Well, he's drunk all the time, texting bitches his junk.

KC-TBB
10-24-2013, 08:24 AM
ESPN, just likes saying, "fahhhhvree"

Halfcan
10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Who the hell would want to be meat on a stick for the Rams?

Brett could probably still play but would take a beating on that team.

notorious
10-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Christ.

Eleazar
10-24-2013, 09:36 AM
ESPN wrote in their story that it might break Twitter if he returned.

No, but ESPN might see all their staff die of exhaustion trying to make people care.

Eleazar
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Why does everyone like him so much, anyway? He's an egomaniacal dirty old man who hung on too long out of some weird need for validation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
The cheese has already slid off his cracker. Pass.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
shrinkage

BigCatDaddy
10-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Why does everyone like him so much, anyway? He's an egomaniacal dirty old man who hung on too long out of some weird need for validation.

Because he's one of the toughest mother ****ers to put on an NFL jersey. He was a throwback to the old school days. People can bitch about his personality or whatever, but he was made of iron and had balls as big as church bells.

Also if you ever heard him mic'd up during a game he's hilarioius. Just a big kid out there having fun.

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Because he's one of the toughest mother ****ers to put on an NFL jersey. He was a throwback to the old school days. People can bitch about his personality or whatever, but he was made of iron and had balls as big as church bells.

He's a big fat pussy. Anytime he got sacked (except that fall he took for Strahan) he would get up and start shoving people. It was like he wasn't supposed to get touched. Pussy.

BigCatDaddy
10-24-2013, 10:30 AM
He's a big fat pussy. Anytime he got sacked (except that fall he took for Strahan) he would get up and start shoving people. It was like he wasn't supposed to get touched. Pussy.

Yeah, he didn't give a fuck. He's push or hit anybody. Dude never missed a game inspite of standing in the pocket and taking shots like a man.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, he didn't give a fuck. He's push or hit anybody. Dude never missed a game inspite of standing in the pocket and taking shots like a man.

When he was in his prime, fuck yes I'd take him. The Minn years? No. But there's no doubt whatsoever that prime-years Favre>>>>>>>Smith's Career.
And yes, he was tough as fuck.

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, he didn't give a ****. He's push or hit anybody. Dude never missed a game inspite of standing in the pocket and taking shots like a man.

Then act like a man & not push people when you get your ass shoved in

BigCatDaddy
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
When he was in his prime, **** yes I'd take him. The Minn years? No. But there's no doubt whatsoever that prime-years Favre>>>>>>>Smith's Career.
And yes, he was tough as ****.

He has the one good year with the Vikings. I'd take that Favre in a heart beat over Alice. Year 2 things just fell a part.

9er guy
10-24-2013, 11:25 AM
At this point, St. Louis should be looking to draft a young guy to push Bradford. He's been underwhleming. He came INTO the league with a shoulder injury, and know he's got a knee?

I know they payed him an ass-load of money, but at some point you have to cut you losses.

(OU Sucks)

9er guy
10-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Like who's running that team? Favre?.........Really?

Does nobody remember when he almost died his last year in the league? I thought they were gonna have to carry him out on a stretcher every game.

sd4chiefs
10-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Like who's running that team? Favre?.........Really?

Does nobody remember when he almost died his last year in the league? I thought they were gonna have to carry him out on a stretcher every game.

This is not good.

Favre Admits He Has Experienced Memory Loss

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/24/favre-admits-he-has-experienced-memory-loss/

Whether the St. Louis Rams were seriously inquiring about Brett Favre or not, the former NFL quarterback is not making a return, partially because he is starting to feel the toll of 20 years in the league.

In an interview with SportsTalk 570 in Washington D.C. Thursday morning, Favre said he never talked to the Rams, but they did reach out to his agent, Bus Cook. It’s worth pointing out, however, that Cook also represents quarterback Austin Davis, who the Rams did sign. Thus, any conversation with Cook about Favre may not have been all that serious.

Either way, Favre is not coming back, telling the radio station: “It’s flattering, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to do that.”

Favre went on to say that he has started to experience memory loss, which has frightened him

Phobia
10-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Favre went on to say that he has started to experience memory loss, which has frightened him

He's probably forgotten everything that happened in New York.

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2013, 10:25 PM
He could probably still sling it. But one hit and he's gone.

Coach
10-24-2013, 11:04 PM
This speaks huge volumes how some NFL teams would rather take a 44 year old guy who haven't played in a while, over Tebow....