PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Possible 9-0 Start, to Finish 11-5?

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Don't mean to be a buzz kill, but looking at the last stretch of schedule...I've come to the conclusion that IF we don't see improvement from our passing game that we could very likely be headed for a late season swoon.

Ending the season losing 4 or 5 of their last 7 would not be shocking, for a team facing this schedule without a serious threat of a real passing game....

Just sayin' :doh!:

11 Nov 17 KC @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High
12 Nov 24 SD @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
13 Dec 01 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
14 Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedExField
15 Dec 15 KC @ OAK O.co Coliseum
16 Dec 22 IND @ KC Arrowhead CBS
17 Dec 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm

Imon Yourside
10-24-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't see us any worse than 13-3 if we start 9-0.

KC-TBB
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
OR....not

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM

NOOOOOO

Nightfyre
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
If we can't take 3/5 from DEN, SD, IND then the team would never contend in the playoffs anyway.

stevieray
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
4 of 7 on the road and divisional games to boot..they play well through that..they'll be playoff ready.

KC-TBB
10-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Un-D-http://tubyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MP900409395.jpg-ED...maybe...

Chiefshrink
10-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Our passing game will get better when our interior O-line play improves meaning Charles is able to run between the tackles consistently. Last week was better but needs to continue to improve thus defenses will have to stack more then the passing game will open more;) No doubt we need more talent at the WR position BUT a consistent running game between the tackles would help drastically.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
It's definitely the meatier part of the schedule...

All of those game are going to be tough - aside from OAK, in my opinion.

I think the bold red are the very highly likely losses, with those in blue being games that are borderline - meaning, the offense and the passing game can't be average if KC is going to win them.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
So assuming we are 9 - 0 before this run;

Nov 17 KC @ DEN; Loss, sorry just don't seeing us winning at Denver
Nov 24 SD @ KC; Win, Rivers is crying at the end of the game, our version of King Gihdorah (Poe, Houston & Hali) destroy him
Dec 01 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium; Win, we split the series with Denver this year
Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedEx Field; Win, Houston & DJ contain RGIII all day and KC wins a close one
Dec 15 KC @ OAK O.co Coliseum; Win, by this time Oakland is starting Lamonica at QB
Dec 22 IND @ KC Arrowhead CBS; Loss, Indy always has our number and I don't see this year being any different
Dec 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm; Win, Rivers is out due to gender re-assignment surgery after the last meeting with the aforementioned KC version of King Gihdorah

So that's 2 losses and 5 wins, KC is 14 - 2 to end the season.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
If we can't take 3/5 from DEN, SD, IND then the team would never contend in the playoffs anyway.

My thoughts exactly.

4 of 7 on the road and divisional games to boot..they play well through that..they'll be playoff ready.

Yup. This too.

It's definitely the meatier part of the schedule...

All of those game are going to be tough - aside from OAK, in my opinion.

I think the bold red are the very highly likely losses, with those in blue being games that are borderline - meaning, the offense and the passing game can't be average if KC is going to win them.

Agreed. I'd have the Indy game as blue too.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM

Nov 24 SD @ KC; Win, Rivers is crying at the end of the game, our version of King Gihdorah (Poe, Houston & Hali) destroy him
Dec 01 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium; Win, we split the series with Denver this year
Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedEx Field; Win, Houston & DJ contain RGIII all day and KC wins a close one
Dec 15 KC @ OAK O.co Coliseum; Win, by this time Oakland is starting Lamonica at QB
Dec 22 IND @ KC Arrowhead CBS; Loss, Indy always has our number and I don't see this year being any different
Dec 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm; Win, Rivers is out due to gender re-assignment surgery after the last meeting with the aforementioned KC version of King Gihdorah

I hope YOU are right.... :thumb:

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Agreed. I'd have the Indy game as blue too.

Only reason I didn't put Indy in blue is because Wayne is out... that really impacts what they can do, esp on the road @ Errorhead. :)

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM

Fate sealed .

Nightfyre
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
I actually can see us winning at Denver, for one reason: we are coming off the bye week. We will have a whole extra week of preparation and rest. Bob Sutton will be able to piece together a whole list of blitzes he can use to get to Manning quickly.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
I actually can see us winning at Denver, for one reason: we are coming off the bye week. We will have a whole extra week of preparation and rest. Bob Sutton will be able to piece together a whole list of blitzes he can use to get to Manning quickly.

Good luck with all that.

Hydrae
10-24-2013, 08:50 AM

I agree but I think they then win two weeks later in KC. Just because I think that Manning will go off against us the second time. With just two weeks between games, Manning will know our tendencies on defense and will probably pick us apart that second game.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM

I'm sure the loss to Indy this week will help other teams game-plan for that. On the other hand, I've seen Peyton rebound and make adjustments in response to a loss like that...far too often.

Halfcan
10-24-2013, 08:55 AM
16-0

raybec 4
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM

Blitzing against Manning is a terrible idea, you have to get pressure from your defensive front.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm sure the loss to Indy this week will help other teams game-plan for that. On the other hand, I've seen Peyton rebound and make adjustments in response to a loss like that...far too often.

True ... and it's no real secret how to attack them, right? They're on their 2nd or 3rd center and backups at both tackle positions. So, yeah - if you have strong pass rushers, go balls out and hope they don't kill you with quick strikes to Welker, Decker and the rest.

I have comfort in the fact that I'm pretty sure they're looking at what went wrong @ IND and changing the game plan a bit to adjust for teams like KC that have a killer pass rush.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
I don't think we will lose a home game, I do think we prolly lose at den, wash, and possibly SD

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't think we will lose a home game, I do think we prolly lose at den, wash, and possibly SD

13-3 falls right in line with what everyone wants...

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 09:16 AM
13-3 falls right in line with what everyone wants...

Then you don't know our history with 13-3 has meant...unless you are being facetious, and basing your thought on what happened to the Donks last season as well. Heh.

COchief
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
No way, our resident closeted homo is thinking about 53 buff, large, and powerful men going down in the coming weeks.

/shocked

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Then you don't know our history with 13-3 has meant...unless you are being facetious, and basing your thought on what happened to the Donks last season as well. Heh.

I agree and see where you're going with 13 - 3 & KC. 12 - 4, 14 -2, but please football Gods do not let us go 13 - 3 again.

TEX
10-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't mean to be a buzz kill, but looking at the last stretch of schedule...I've come to the conclusion that IF we don't see improvement from our passing game that we could very likely be headed for a late season swoon.

Ending the season losing 4 or 5 of their last 7 would not be shocking, for a team facing this schedule without a serious threat of a real passing game....

Just sayin' :doh!:

I'm predicting 12-4. (Up from my 10-6 prediction at the beginning of the season) I think we lose both to Denver, once to the Bolts and at Washington. I KNOW the defense is BAD ASS, KC just doesn't have enough offense to come back if down a couple TD's. However, IF it picks up a bit, all bets are off.

Let me explain my "Donx sweep" thinking... it's simply a bad match-up as things stand now, with "now" being the key word. Their strength is offense and ours is defense, however they have enough defense, because they are pretty good against the run, to stifle our offense. They take the run away and Alex isn't going to beat them. Also remember the SB year Oakland swept KC in the regular season BUT KC beat them in the playoffs. IF we can get a bit more offense, we just might return the favor with Denver from '97 this time around. :)

Marcellus
10-24-2013, 09:25 AM
To start 9-0 and then go 2-5 would be disturbing to say the least. I don't see it.

4-3 hell even 3-4 but not 2-5.

Eleazar
10-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Denver and Indy are the only two that worry me.

But I get it, it's midseason and we are winning and that terrifies some people

notorious
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
NOOOOOO

This.

We need to purposely tank a game if the cursed #13 is a possibility.

whoman69
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
As long as we don't go 13-3, couldn't care about the record. Limping in at 2-5 after starting 9-0 is pretty far fetched. Wish we would have hit Washington earlier.

gosampel
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
16-0 don't fool yourself it's coming

DC.chief
10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
19-0 don't fool yourself it's coming

FYP

Strongside
10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
I swear...50% of the members here are soul crushers. I wonder, sometimes, if some of you have ever felt an iota of happiness. Sad, really.

HemiEd
10-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Dejavu all over again.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I swear...50% of the members here are soul crushers. I wonder, sometimes, if some of you have ever felt an iota of happiness. Sad, really.

Happiness and optimism are great! I highly recommend them. However, some of us are old enough to remember the past...and our cautious sense of optimism is tempered by realism.

As the OP implies, IF we can improve our passing game--then there will be real reason for optimism.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Happiness and optimism are great! I highly recommend them. However, some of us are old enough to remember the past...and our cautious sense of optimism is tempered by realism.

This, over and over.

Skyy God
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
19-0

FYP. ;)

warrior
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Let's all live in the past because this team is same there is no hope half this board can't wait to lose so they can say I told you so I told you F*** that this is now.

Strongside
10-24-2013, 09:51 AM

As the OP implies, IF we can improve our passing game--then there will be real reason for optimism.

I'm plenty old enough to remember the past. We are 7-0. Be optimistic, man...enjoy the ride. Fuck caution.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Let's all live in the past because this team is same there is no hope half this board can't wait to lose so they can say I told you so I told you F*** that this is now.

Not at all...most of us, except maybe Clayton, hope we are wrong about this.

Sandy Vagina
10-24-2013, 10:01 AM

QFT

... and I can see 3 to 4 losses for KC from here on. Then, I think they win a playoff game, but fall short after that. SuperBowl coming next season. :)

ct
10-24-2013, 10:02 AM
thinking we should focus on 8-0

Gravedigger
10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
How the hell is everyone giving Washington credit all of a sudden?

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 10:07 AM

I'm pretty sure that fans on a message board speculating about the rest of the season has ZERO effect on how the team will play

38yrsfan
10-24-2013, 10:08 AM

Yep, that is how they got to 7-0. You can bet that is what Reid has been telling them. This team is different.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 10:10 AM

They look like they're starting to play better

Radar Chief
10-24-2013, 10:12 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EZ734u4bFQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X6GYFVRuPcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 10:14 AM
I'd say we lose 3 maybe 4.

@ donkeys

@ Washington

@ Phyllis

colts

Chief_For_Life58
10-24-2013, 10:15 AM
19 & 0

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
19 & 0

What's the over/under on the number of the remaining 72 fins dropping dead if that happens?

Dave Lane
10-24-2013, 10:22 AM

The Homer is strong in this one.

saphojunkie
10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
We aren't losing to San Diego this year. Period.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
LMAO

BossChief
10-24-2013, 10:48 AM
NOBODY is gonna want to play us in the playoffs, especially if we find a way to get homefield advantage.

As for the OP, I agree that the closing stretch to our schedule is gonna be rough...but I fully believe that to be a good thing. We will be battle tested going into the postseason.

I don't see us losing to SD or Oakland, Denver only scored 17 on us in Arrowhead last year and we are much improved since then, Indy lost Wayne and that's gonna hurt, I like the way we match up with Washington a lot.

Have faith

Anyong Bluth
10-24-2013, 10:48 AM
2 losses are a given in my opinion, and probably 1 or 2 maybe?

Fully expect 13-3 or 12-4.
Bigger question is head to head with Denver, and then division record. A split with Denver, and that being our only division loss with 13 wins probably gives this team a #1 seed. 4 losses and 2 in the division makes it much less certain and probably won't get them a division title and then I believe that would drop us a 5 or 6 - which sucks as we then have to go on the road. Even more of an argument that they should redo the nfl playoff seeding by overall record as we'd be looking at a 2 or 3 seed at worst. Instead of a road game in the 1st round, which if they won they would get Denver the next week since they don't even reseed the next round say if the 7 or 8 seed seed won round 1, then they would go to Denver as the lowest remaining seed.
Just luck of the draw that the division this year will have such a huge impact on 1 of those 2 teams and chances of success in the playoffs.
For this team and the defense, a home crowd advantage and Arrowhead, the edge at playing at home is gigantic.

El Jefe
10-24-2013, 10:55 AM

THIS. I haven't posted as much recently, but I figured I would give my thoughts on this season. I have greatly enjoyed this undefeated ride, it has made paying for Sunday Ticket worth it. I love how some people on here want to pick apart everything on this team. I will just enjoy the ride, we were 2-14 last year, if you would have told me we would be undefeated at 7-0 I would have laughed. Let the coaching staff fix the problems, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

If we can't win against teams like Denver and SD, then who cares about the playoffs. That will be a great test of this team, and I look forward to it. If we lose the games and are competitive, I think we all can appreciate how far we came from just a year ago. Of course, I hope we win out and win the Superbowl lol.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 10:58 AM
The Homer is strong in this one.

I have been one of the most skeptical curmudgeons you will find, even during this run.

But let me ask you this; do you disagree with any of my reasoning for each game, win or lose? Not looking for a fight, just curious as to what you think. ;)

Anyong Bluth
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Btw, some math geek ran the numbers on adjusted expected of wins just based on % of likelihood of a win for each of our remaining individual games.

At Denver is the only game they have less than a 55% expected outcome of a win.
At Denver - 27.5%
Hosting Denver - 55%
Hosting Indy - 65%
At San Diego - 60%
All the rest I believe we have 70 or 75% expected win outcome projected.

It's all speculation, but at least it's computed by actual performance to this point so there isn't some fluke to our current record and we have won in spite of by beating the odds.

Fairplay
10-24-2013, 11:02 AM
We don't have to play a game just run the numbers to see who wins.

houston_pressure
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
YOU ALL OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES

houston_pressure
10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
ALL THE GAME AFTER THE 9TH ONE ARE TARP GAMES!

Mike in SW-MO
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
I found PMs performance in 2nd half at Indy very interesting. Lets face it, he's old. He had a late season fade and played okay in playoffs last year. I have expected the same this year. That hard hit last week may have hastened the decline.

Now here he is resting this week. Is age catching up? Will he be tossing wounded ducks by the time we see him?

All I know is if he is throwing balls like we saw in his last half of play, Flowers et al will eat him alive.

Can't wait to see how he plays this week (if he plays).

Brock
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
That would be an epic collapse by a team that appears now to be the best in the league.

Mike in SW-MO
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I found PMs performance in 2nd half at Indy very interesting. Lets face it, he's old. He had a late season fade and played okay in playoffs last year. I have expected the same this year. That hard hit last week may have hastened the decline.

Now here he is resting this week. Is age catching up? Will he be tossing wounded ducks by the time we see him?

All I know is if he is throwing balls like we saw in his last half of play, Flowers et al will eat him alive.

saphojunkie
10-24-2013, 11:24 AM

ALL YOUR GAME ARE BELONG TO TARP

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
I was totally just :Poke: you withthe 13-3 thing, I don't want 13-3 for Denver either. There has to be a listing out there of all the times a 13-3 team has failed in Round 1.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 11:25 AM

Q

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-24-2013, 11:31 AM
getting 11 games will be enough for a road game. They should get there. Even 10 might work with so few good teams in the AFC this year. But yes, expect a stretch of 2-5 or 3-4 to end the season. If this team wins the division and gets home-field, or even comes close with 13 wins or something, I will be one homer SOB heading into the playoffs.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 11:33 AM
getting 11 games will be enough for a road game. They should get there. Even 10 might work with so few good teams in the AFC this year. But yes, expect a stretch of 2-5 or 3-4 to end the season. If this team wins the division and gets home-field, or even comes close with 13 wins or something, I will be one homer SOB heading into the playoffs.

Fuck that, this team is getting home field.

keg in kc
10-24-2013, 11:47 AM
That would be an epic collapse by a team that appears now to be the best in the league.Yeah.

Threads like this exemplify why it's going to take a while to wash the last fourteen years out of everybody's system. I think we're all waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Strongside
10-24-2013, 11:49 AM

All the games all year have been tarp games according to everyone.

MahiMike
10-24-2013, 11:50 AM
While I too am worried about how our schedule is easy front-loaded, I see no worse than 12 wins.

Dave Lane
10-24-2013, 11:52 AM
I have been one of the most skeptical curmudgeons you will find, even during this run.

But let me ask you this; do you disagree with any of my reasoning for each game, win or lose? Not looking for a fight, just curious as to what you think. ;)

I think 3-4 or 4-3 in this part of the schedule. Some people seem to disregard that we were 2-14 last season with basically the same core personnel. I know we are 7-0 but we are still basically untested against top half of the league talent. This is our test.

ThaVirus
10-24-2013, 11:53 AM

They appear to be on an upward trend but we match up with them well, I think.

I think our defense can hold them to under 20 points while our offense should put up 24+ on their shit defense.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I think 3-4 or 4-3 in this part of the schedule. Some people seem to disregard that we were 2-14 last season with basically the same core personnel. I know we are 7-0 but we are still basically untested against top half of the league talent. This is our test.

I can see that, but we were a 2 - 14 team with 6 Pro Bowl players on the roster. There was talent, it was just wasted on a crap-tastic scheme on D and an utter abortion at QB.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 11:57 AM

It's more than just being older ... backups at center and both tackle spots caught up to them in a big way vs the Colts.

From time to time, there have been games where he's tossing ducks - last week was one of those times. But still, he's incredibly effective and productive still at this point and has amazing weapons.

The Colts are a strong team and they won the home game... the world isn't falling apart. There is no 'blueprint', quite honestly if you didn't know to hit him hard and often, you need a new DC.

Taking a day off from practice after 7 games to rest an ankle... it is what it is, and I'm not concerned with it at this point. Manning is practicing today, so again ... not concerned.

Stryker
10-24-2013, 12:02 PM
We will probably go 13 - 3. I think we split with Broncos, lose to Colts and Redskins or 12 - 4 in the same senerio and split with Chargers. Either way, this has been an incredibly fun season to watch. The best one in many seasons. I predicted 10 - 6 before the season started so i am very happy.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
10-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Why is everybody so afraid of Washington? They can't do anything this year and RGIII was a flash in the pan last year. I think the Redskins will be a routine game for our defense. I say we finish 14-2 or 13-3 at worst.

Dave Lane
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I can see that, but we were a 2 - 14 team with 6 Pro Bowl players on the roster. There was talent, it was just wasted on a crap-tastic scheme on D and an utter abortion at QB.

Don't disagree but expecting to go 14-2 after 2-14 is homerish. I hope you are right. Personally I hope Smith gets dinged up and we play Bray for a couple of games and then Smith can't supplant him. But that's me being a homer.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Don't disagree but expecting to go 14-2 after 2-14 is homerish. I hope you are right. Personally I hope Smith gets dinged up and we play Bray for a couple of games and then Smith can't supplant him. But that's me being a homer.

As a Bray homer myself I hope you are correct! :thumb:

Mr. Laz
10-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Don't mean to be a buzz kill,

Yes, you do.

:harumph:

warrior
10-24-2013, 01:04 PM
What's the over/under on the number of the remaining 72 fins dropping dead if that happens?

A party for everyone else. :D

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes, you do.

:harumph:

No, seriously. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we secure home field through the playoffs. I hope we go to the SB. I would be ecstatic we win it all. I mean it.

It's just that I've been conditioned to expect otherwise. :shrug:

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
No, seriously. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we secure home field through the playoffs. I hope we go to the SB. I would be ecstatic we win it all. I mean it.

It's just that I've been conditioned to expect otherwise. :shrug:

We all have, it's called Battered Fan Syndrome. Highest concentration is located in the greater Kansas City area.

TEX
10-24-2013, 01:22 PM
It's more than just being older ... backups at center and both tackle spots caught up to them in a big way vs the Colts.

From time to time, there have been games where he's tossing ducks - last week was one of those times. But still, he's incredibly effective and productive still at this point and has amazing weapons.

The Colts are a strong team and they won the home game... the world isn't falling apart. There is no 'blueprint', quite honestly if you didn't know to hit him hard and often, you need a new DC.

Taking a day off from practice after 7 games to rest an ankle... it is what it is, and I'm not concerned with it at this point. Manning is practicing today, so again ... not concerned.

After the heavily home skewed early schedule, such is life on the ROAD...Stay tuned, more roxome.

Jerm
10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Why is everybody so afraid of Washington? They can't do anything this year and RGIII was a flash in the pan last year. I think the Redskins will be a routine game for our defense. I say we finish 14-2 or 13-3 at worst.

Same with Indy...don't know why so many people are predicting a loss there.

beach tribe
10-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Blitzing against Manning is a terrible idea, you have to get pressure from your defensive front.

Hali and Houston will rape.

And you CAN blitz if you have a top notch secondary and a LB who can cover the hot.

We do.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 01:58 PM

And you CAN blitz if you have a top notch secondary and a LB who can cover the hot.

We do.

This, but you HAVE to be able to get to him and smack him in the mouth (even if you don't sack him), if you can't he will pick you apart

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 02:03 PM

That's kind of tough with a 3 - 4 D, you have to blitz you LBs.

wink91wink
10-24-2013, 02:14 PM
11 Nov 17 KC @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High L
12 Nov 24 SD @ KC Arrowhead Stadium W
13 Dec 01 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium L
14 Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedExField W
15 Dec 15 KC @ OAK O.co Coliseum W
16 Dec 22 IND @ KC Arrowhead CBS W
17 Dec 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm L

13-3

Nightfyre
10-24-2013, 02:17 PM
13-3 number 5 seed in that scenario.

DJJasonp
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
We will not lose at San Diego if the game means nothing to them. Even if it does, we have a decent shot.....as Matthews will prob be out for season at that time with a sprained labia or similar.

warrior
10-24-2013, 02:22 PM

We do.

Yep we match up very well against Donks / colts are hurt and we are playing in Arrowhead I say we go undefeated in arrowhead.

cdcox
10-24-2013, 02:22 PM
If we go 9-0 there is an 18% chance of us winning 11 or fewer games. Not going to worry about that.

cdcox
10-24-2013, 02:27 PM
There is only a 7% chance of the exact scenario described in ths thread occuring.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 02:43 PM
If we go 9-0 there is an 18% chance of us winning 11 or fewer games. Not going to worry about that.

Is that in the abstract, or the specifics? Does that take into account teams, match-ups, and home-and-away games? :shrug:

And the fact that two of our current wins are by one-point margins....

If so, I'm glad to hear it. Let's go Chiefs!!! PBJ

Brock
10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
11 Nov 17 KC @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High L
12 Nov 24 SD @ KC Arrowhead Stadium W
13 Dec 01 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium L
14 Dec 08 KC @ WAS FedExField W
15 Dec 15 KC @ OAK O.co Coliseum W
16 Dec 22 IND @ KC Arrowhead CBS W
17 Dec 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm L

13-3

Nobody is coming to this place and winning.

Easy 6
10-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Aint scurred of a poor finish, aint scurred of the number 13, either.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Nobody is coming to this place and winning.

Both Dallas and Houston were within 1 point of winning @ KC... it's not an impossible thought.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Both Dallas and Houston were within 1 point of winning @ KC... it's not an impossible thought.

We had the ball on the Texans 1 with 1:30 left and instead of punching it in, took the victory formation. It could have very easily been an 8 point victory

Halfcan
10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I am glad we still have ARROWHEAD instead of some dumb sellout named stadium.

"Hi welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken Stadium and the Kansas City Chiefs!"

bevischief
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
We all have, it's called Battered Fan Syndrome. Highest concentration is located in the greater Kansas City area.

ROFL

cdcox
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Is that in the abstract, or the specifics? Does that take into account teams, match-ups, and home-and-away games? :shrug:

And the fact that two of our current wins are by one-point margins....

If so, I'm glad to hear it. Let's go Chiefs!!! PBJ

It considers the specifics of the Chiefs and their future opponents, including home and away.

Chief Pote
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Note to the Chiefs...don't listen go this bullshit and just win/play one game at a time.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh for fucks sake knock off the battered fan syndrome

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
If we start 9-0, I don't see us losing more than 3, maybe 4.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh for fucks sake knock off the battered fan syndrome

I blame Obama

Pasta Little Brioni
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Good luck with all that.

Andy Reid is like 17-2 coming off byes and Thursday games

The Franchise
10-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Does Denver lose another game? Or do they finish the season 15-1?

vs. Redskins
BYE
@ Chargers
vs. Chiefs
@ Patriots
@ Chiefs
vs Titans
vs. Chargers
@ Texans
@ Raiders

Say for instance.....we lose 2 out of our last 7 games. We lose at Denver and at San Diego. We split with Denver.

Could Denver and KC both finish the season at 14-2? Fuck.

MTG#10
10-24-2013, 03:34 PM
With that brutal schedule if we end up somehow winning 4 of those 7 games we'll go deep into the playoffs.

Anyong Bluth
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I am glad we still have ARROWHEAD instead of some dumb sellout named stadium.

"Hi welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken Stadium and the Kansas City Chiefs!"

The oasis of a parking lot is actually fine for NFL games- especially for KC as we tailgate like no other- Green Bay maybe the only 1 that comes close. For NFL games since people prep for game day and you only get a limited number of these the location is fine and I'd just as soon they keep Arrowhead until it crumbles. Denver got their new stadium and I've never heard 1 fan say they miss old mile High or prefer the new one, and I sadly have a shit-ton of friends that are Donkey fans simply because in college a good number of my group were from Denver.

I love the K too, but that I do wish they could have in a more populated area like down by the Sprint Center, just bc 82 games a year is a lot and it'd be nice if there was other stuff around.

Anyong Bluth
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Andy Reid is like 17-2 coming off byes and Thursday games

If you could pick a time to have the bye week and get 2 weeks to heal and prepare, right before at Denver couldn't be a more perfect spot to get it.

Hydrae
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Does Denver lose another game? Or do they finish the season 15-1?

vs. Redskins
BYE
@ Chargers
vs. Chiefs
@ Patriots
@ Chiefs
vs Titans
vs. Chargers
@ Texans
@ Raiders

Say for instance.....we lose 2 out of our last 7 games. We lose at Denver and at San Diego. We split with Denver.

Could Denver and KC both finish the season at 14-2? ****.

We would be the wild card at 14-2 because of the second loss being in division. :sulk:

Brock
10-24-2013, 04:54 PM

You c*nts sure aren't going to do it. Your qb's a beat up old man, nobody worries about any of your running backs, and your defense is weak as shit.

Brock
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh, and Fox is a lamebrain who just stands there chewing gum like a dumbass.

Easy 6
10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
BOOM

SUCK ON THAT

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
It's so premature to even talk about all of this. Every week is so different. I bet half of the teams on our schedule aren't singing the same tune later on in the season, whether that's good or bad, we won't know until then, but it won't be the same. That's the NFL for you.

TEX
10-24-2013, 05:22 PM

Did you even see the Texan game? Or are you just spewing scores?

It's also "not an impossible thought" for Manning to get hurt and miss some games,maybe enough to tank your season - I mean he was held out of practice yesterday and he did get his Donkey-Ass kicked by the Colts...Just spewing as well...;)

cdcox
10-24-2013, 05:32 PM
We would be the wild card at 14-2 because of the second loss being in division. :sulk:

If we go 14-2 with splits against SD and Denver, we'll win the division 9 times out of 10.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Sure, sure. I can see it.

Hydrae
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
If we go 14-2 with splits against SD and Denver, we'll win the division 9 times out of 10.

If Denver is also 14-2 with this split then the difference for the tie breaker is that we lost to a division team, Denver lost to a conference team.

Of course I am sure the odds of this all playing out is about 1 in 150 or something. :D

KChiefs1
10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I think we go 14-2.

KChiefs1
10-24-2013, 07:44 PM

The thing that sucks about that is that a 14-2 record only gets you a 5th seed.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 07:46 PM
You c*nts sure aren't going to do it. Your qb's a beat up old man, nobody worries about any of your running backs, and your defense is weak as shit.

Temper, temper...

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Did you even see the Texan game? Or are you just spewing scores?

It's also "not an impossible thought" for Manning to get hurt and miss some games,maybe enough to tank your season - I mean he was held out of practice yesterday and he did get his Donkey-Ass kicked by the Colts...Just spewing as well...;)

I did watch it... KC led by 4 at the half right, then by 1 and then 4 again and then 1... Neither scored in the 4th. Guess I'm just crazy to suggest that it was there to be won by HOU.

Brock
10-24-2013, 07:57 PM
I did watch it... KC led by 4 at the half right, then by 1 and then 4 again and then 1... Neither scored in the 4th. Guess I'm just crazy to suggest that it was there to be won by HOU.

If you think the texans could have won that game in the 4th, you either weren't watching, or you're simply dumber than a popsicle.

Mr. Kotter
10-24-2013, 08:00 PM
It considers the specifics of the Chiefs and their future opponents, including home and away.

Thank you, sir. Just wondering...glad the odds seem on our side. :thumb:

MagicHef
10-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I think there's a good chance of KC losing at Oakland.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2013, 08:18 PM

I think there's a better chance you're a moron

philfree
10-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah we need to stay focused as a team and get this next home win. Then we need to beat Buff. If we lose either of those games that 7 game stretch will look even tougher.

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Both Dallas and Houston were within 1 point of winning @ KC... it's not an impossible thought.F off with that. Andy isn't one to pull a Bill Belicheck.

ThaVirus
10-24-2013, 10:27 PM
I think there's a better chance you're a moron

LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 10:28 PM

It was a one-score game midway through the 4th against Oakland.

With our pitiful offense, we are capable of losing any game.

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2013, 10:28 PM
I think there's a better chance you're a moronLMAO

Jerm
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

BWillie
10-24-2013, 11:23 PM
I like our chances against SD in both games. I think its possible we lose at Buffalo. Think we lose both to Denver unless its snowing. Think we beat Indu actually but could see us losing at Oakland. Im gonna say we go 12 and 4

Direckshun
10-24-2013, 11:26 PM
I think, if this team is who we think it is, we'll go about 4-3 after the bye.

That'd put us at 13-3.

houston_pressure
10-24-2013, 11:29 PM
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

BossChief
10-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't see a defense that we can't score at least 20 on, but I see a lot of offenses that we match up perfectly against.

We should be in every single game.

10-25-2013, 02:24 AM

Has that ever happened? I just cannot imagine 13-3 or 14-2 not getting a bye. Its amazing it is even a possibility.

I still feel playoff seeding should be based on record.

warrior
10-25-2013, 05:58 AM

There's a better chance you lose both to KC

We call you enver now cause you lost your D :deevee:

Mr. Flopnuts
10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
There's a better chance you lose both to KC

We call you enver now cause you lost your D :deevee:

The _enver _onkeys.

JD10367
10-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Two things.

#1: your final record only matters in relation to everyone else. The #1 seed will probably determine the AFC rep in the SB because if the #1 seed is KC or Denver then that team probably wins out, being nearly unbeatable at home. If the Chiefs finish 14-2 and Denver 15-1, the 14-2 don't count for shit; if the Chiefs finish 12-4 but the next best is 11-5, ditto.

#2: the only W-L record parameter that matters is your last L. It's nice to enjoy the winning but, after my 16-0 Patriots lost to the 9-7 Giants, it made W-L and "power rankings" seem less important.

TEX
10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Two things.

#1: your final record only matters in relation to everyone else. The #1 seed will probably determine the AFC rep in the SB because if the #1 seed is KC or Denver then that team probably wins out, being nearly unbeatable at home. If the Chiefs finish 14-2 and Denver 15-1, the 14-2 don't count for shit; if the Chiefs finish 12-4 but the next best is 11-5, ditto.

#2: the only W-L record parameter that matters is your last L. It's nice to enjoy the winning but, after my 16-0 Patriots lost to the 9-7 Giants, it made W-L and "power rankings" seem less important.

# 1 - Not true. Your theory doesn't allow for upsets. Just look at what happened last year. Denver was # 1 seed and they got beat at home. Say that happened again this year...record DOES matter.

# 2 - I hear ya there. That DID suck fir New England. LOL!

TEX
10-25-2013, 08:28 AM

With our pitiful offense, we are capable of losing any game.

I HATE to agree with you, but you're 100% correct here. If the offense improves a bit this changes though. Maybe the line will gel and having two healthy TE's will be enough. Good news is there is plenty of room for improvement.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Of course you do... you are dumb. Keep fuckin that run defense chicken too.

Mr. Kotter
10-25-2013, 09:43 AM
I HATE to agree with you, but you're 100% correct here. If the offense improves a bit this changes though. Maybe the line will gel and having two healthy TE's will be enough. Good news is there is plenty of room for improvement.

Once again, IF the passing game improves over the next month...this may, finally, be the breakthrough season that so many of us want to believe it can be. If not, well...

warrior
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM

With our pitiful offense, we are still capable of winning any game.

FYP

See how this works now your glass is half full :D

philfree
10-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Two things.

So you were born in 2004? '95, '97 and '03 rears their ugly heads every time I read about how HFA is going to get us to the Super Bowl. C'mon man!

mr. tegu
10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
The TE is important to a QB like Alex Smith. I still think that with Fasano back and once we can get into a groove the offense will be much improved. We saw that having Fasano back opened up some more space for Bowe and Alex was able to go to him more.

Lets not forget that in Fasano's first game back, even though there were some bad moments on offense against Houston, we were a few inches away and one horrible pass by Smith away from putting up 24 against one of the better defenses in the league.

Dave Lane
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM

MAYBE

BWillie
10-25-2013, 11:37 AM
I think, if this team is who we think it is, we'll go about 4-3 after the bye.

That'd put us at 13-3.

BITE YOUR TONGUE DEAR SIR!

KC_Lee
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
The TE is important to a QB like Alex Smith. I still think that with Fasano back and once we can get into a groove the offense will be much improved. We saw that having Fasano back opened up some more space for Bowe and Alex was able to go to him more.

Lets not forget that in Fasano's first game back, even though there were some bad moments on offense against Houston, we were a few inches away and one horrible pass by Smith away from putting up 24 against one of the better defenses in the league.

Agree 100%. With Fasano back in the line up KC should be able to the 3rd down conversion rate up. That's been killing us game in and game out.

Mr. Kotter
10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Agree 100%. With Fasano back in the line up KC should be able to the 3rd down conversion rate up. That's been killing us game in and game out.

I think Bowe's play during this later season stretch will be key too. If he, Fasano, and Avery give the offense legit down-field threats on a consistent basis...this offense will take off, and they go from possible pretenders to probable contenders pretty quickly. I'm hoping that happens before the bye.

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM
With a bye and 2 weeks to prepare and heal before @ Denver, what are the possibilities if KC pulls out a shocker and wins that 1?

Reid has only lost twice in games coming out of the bye week in his entire coaching career.

TEX
10-25-2013, 03:12 PM
With a bye and 2 weeks to prepare and heal before @ Denver, what are the possibilities if KC pulls out a shocker and wins that 1?

Reid has only lost twice in games coming out of the bye week in his entire coaching career.

Reid never went up against this Bronco team in Denver. I don't like the Chiefs chances. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs lose by at least two scores. I doubt Denver loses a home game this season, that is until the playoffs. ;)

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Reid never went up against this Bronco team in Denver. I don't like the Chiefs chances. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs lose by at least two scores. I doubt Denver loses a home game this season, that is until the playoffs. ;)

I'm just playing Devil's advocate, this whole thread is just speculation and conjecture, so why not spitball this as a possible scenario.

Also, I haven't looked up the teams faced out of the bye, and I bet you haven't either, so it's just you assuming that he hasn't faced a top team and won.

I'm not expecting this to be the outcome just thinking what if, because that bye before facing them is enormous.

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2013, 03:23 PM

Well, what do you know, a quick Google search and guess what.

Reid beat the Rams in 99 coming out of the bye week, and started 12-0 in Philly in games after the bye. Obviously he had some crappie teams towards the end of his time there, but I think I wouldn't discount his effect on preparing his team for a win with an extra week of time to scheme and add a couple extra wrinkles.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM

If the Chiefs could have somehow converted on more third downs this season, they'd be 7-0.

teedubya
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I just want to see a home playoff win. That is all I want to see... or an away playoff win. I don't really care at this point.

FlaChief58
10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I just want to see a home playoff win. That is all I want to see... or an away playoff win. I don't really care at this point.

That's just crazy talk

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2013, 03:30 PM
I stand corrected- he was 13-1 coming off the bye, last year being the first loss to break up his 13 -0 streak, and also has a 5-1 record in Thursday night games- which are the toughest because of such a quick turnaround and so little time to prepare.

2012 vs. Falcons: 30-17 (loss)

2011 vs. Cowboys: 34-7

2010 vs. Colts: 26-24

2009 vs. Bucs: 33-14

2008 vs. Falcons: 27-14

2007 vs. Jets: 16-9

2006 vs. Redskins: 27-3

2005 vs. Chargers: 20-17

2004 vs. Panthers: 30-8

2003 vs. Bills: 23-13

2002 vs. Bucs: 20-10

2001 vs. Giants: 10-9

2000 vs. Bengals: 16-7

1999 vs. Rams: 38-31

TEX
10-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Well, what do you know, a quick Google search and guess what.

Reid beat the Rams in 99 coming out of the bye week, and started 12-0 in Philly in games after the bye. Obviously he had some crappie teams towards the end of his time there, but I think I wouldn't discount his effect on preparing his team for a win with an extra week of time to scheme and add a couple extra wrinkles.

I understand your point and I knew about the Rams game and I know of Reid's stellar record coming off the bye, (but I think he did lose 1) but it's still not this Denver team with Manning in Denver. It's a division game and first place in the division will be on the line one way or another. Just imagine the scene in Denver if KC is still undefeated by then. The Donx will be all kinds of fired up. (So will the '72 Dolphins :doh!:) If that's the case, I like the Chiefs chances even less.

Mr. Kotter
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, part A of the hypothetical has become reality...I'm a bit more optimistic now, so I'm going with 13-3. Losses @ Denver and @ Washington, and either Donks at Arrowhead or @ SD.

:banghead:

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Well, part A of the hypothetical has become reality...I'm going with 13-3. Losses @ Denver and @ Washington, and either Donks at Arrowhead or @ SD.

San Diego will be completely out of it in late December and the Chiefs might have already wrapped up the division or the #5 seed.

Either way, the SD game is likely irrelevant. It'll be like a preseason game.

wasi
11-05-2013, 11:51 AM
A little analysis/guesswork. According to my prediction, the NFC is gonna see a few 11-5 teams miss the playoffs. OUCH

AFC playoff prediction

1:Chiefs 14-2
2:Patriots 11-5
3:Bengals 11-5
4:Colts 10-6
5:Broncos 13-3
6:Chargers or Titans 9-7

Browns 8-8
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 6-10

Chiefs 14-2 - Wins: Broncos, Redskins, San Diego, Oakland, Colts. Losses: Broncos, San Diego.
Patriots 11-5 - Wins: Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore. Losses: Broncos, Dolphins, Panthers
Bengals 11-5 Wins: Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Indianapolis. Losses: Cleveland, Baltimore
Colts 10-6 Wins: St.Louis, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville. Losses: Tennessee, Arizona, Cinncinati, KC
Broncos 13-3 Wins: Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Houston, Oakland, Titans. Losses: San Diego, Chiefs
Jets 8-8 Wins: Miami, Baltimore, Raiders. Losses: Bills, Dolphins, Panthers, Browns.
Chargers 9-7 Wins: Broncos, Chiefs, Giants, Raiders, Dolphins. Losses: Chiefs, Broncos, Bengals.
Titans 9-7 Wins: Jags x 2, Colts, Raiders, Texans. Losses: Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.
Browns 8-8 Wins: Bengals, Steelers, Jags, Jets. Losses: Steelers, Patriots, Bears.
Dolphins 6-10 Wins: TB, Jets, Losses: San Diego, Panthers, Jets, Steelers, Patriots, Bills.

NFC playoff prediction

1:Seahawks 13-3
2:Panthers 12-4
3:Cowboys 9-7
4:Lions, Packers or Bears 11-5
5:49ers 13-3
6:Lions, Packers, Bears, Cardinals or Saints 11-5

Seahawks 13-3 Wins: Falcons, Vikings, Giants, Rams, Saints. Losses: 49ers, Cardinals
Saints 11-5 Wins: Cowboys, Falcons, Panthers, Rams, Bucs. Losses: 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers.
Cowboys 9-7 Wins: Giants, Raiders, Redskins, Eagles. Losses: Saints, Bears, Packers.
Lions 11-5 Wins: Steelers, Bucs, Packers, Eagles, Giants, Vikings. Losses: Bears, Ravens.
49ers 13-3 Wins: Saints, Redskins, Rams, Seahawks, Bucs, Falcons, Cardinals. Losses: Panthers.
Panthers 12-4 Wins: 49ers, Panthers, Dolpins, Bucs, Saints, Jets, Falcons. Losses: Saints.
Bears 11-5 Wins: Lions, Ravens, Rams, Vikins, Cowboys, Eagles. Losses: Browns, Packers.
Cardinals 11-5 Wins: Texans, Jags, Colts, Eagles, Rams, Titans, Cardinals. Losses: 49ers.
Packers 11-5 Wins: Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears. Losses: Eagles, Lions.

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
San Diego will be completely out of it in late December and the Chiefs might have already wrapped up the division or the #5 seed.

Either way, the SD game is likely irrelevant. It'll be like a preseason game.

I'd love to believe that, but I still think @SD will be a tough game.

Rausch
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I'd love to believe that, but I still think @SD will be a tough game.

SD has 4 meaningful games left on their schedule: 2 VS KC and 2 VS Denver...

Rausch
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
A little analysis/guesswork. According to my prediction, the NFC is gonna see a few 11-5 teams miss the playoffs. OUCH

AFC playoff prediction

1:Chiefs 14-2
2:Patriots 11-5
3:Bengals 11-5
4:Colts 10-6
5:Broncos 13-3
6:Chargers or Titans 9-7

Browns 8-8
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 6-10

Chiefs 14-2 - Wins: Broncos, Redskins, San Diego, Oakland, Colts. Losses: Broncos, San Diego.
Patriots 11-5 - Wins: Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore. Losses: Broncos, Dolphins, Panthers
Bengals 11-5 Wins: Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Indianapolis. Losses: Cleveland, Baltimore
Colts 10-6 Wins: St.Louis, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville. Losses: Tennessee, Arizona, Cinncinati, KC
Broncos 13-3 Wins: Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Houston, Oakland, Titans. Losses: San Diego, Chiefs
Jets 8-8 Wins: Miami, Baltimore, Raiders. Losses: Bills, Dolphins, Panthers, Browns.
Chargers 9-7 Wins: Broncos, Chiefs, Giants, Raiders, Dolphins. Losses: Chiefs, Broncos, Bengals.
Titans 9-7 Wins: Jags x 2, Colts, Raiders, Texans. Losses: Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.
Browns 8-8 Wins: Bengals, Steelers, Jags, Jets. Losses: Steelers, Patriots, Bears.
Dolphins 6-10 Wins: TB, Jets, Losses: San Diego, Panthers, Jets, Steelers, Patriots, Bills.

NFC playoff prediction

1:Seahawks 13-3
2:Panthers 12-4
3:Cowboys 9-7
4:Lions, Packers or Bears 11-5
5:49ers 13-3
6:Lions, Packers, Bears, Cardinals or Saints 11-5

Seahawks 13-3 Wins: Falcons, Vikings, Giants, Rams, Saints. Losses: 49ers, Cardinals
Saints 11-5 Wins: Cowboys, Falcons, Panthers, Rams, Bucs. Losses: 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers.
Cowboys 9-7 Wins: Giants, Raiders, Redskins, Eagles. Losses: Saints, Bears, Packers.
Lions 11-5 Wins: Steelers, Bucs, Packers, Eagles, Giants, Vikings. Losses: Bears, Ravens.
49ers 13-3 Wins: Saints, Redskins, Rams, Seahawks, Bucs, Falcons, Cardinals. Losses: Panthers.
Panthers 12-4 Wins: 49ers, Panthers, Dolpins, Bucs, Saints, Jets, Falcons. Losses: Saints.
Bears 11-5 Wins: Lions, Ravens, Rams, Vikins, Cowboys, Eagles. Losses: Browns, Packers.
Cardinals 11-5 Wins: Texans, Jags, Colts, Eagles, Rams, Titans, Cardinals. Losses: 49ers.
Packers 11-5 Wins: Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears. Losses: Eagles, Lions.

With Rodgers and Cutler out for a month or more I don't see either of those teams finishing 11-5...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Just play the fucking games, already.

mnchiefsguy
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
With Rodgers and Cutler out for a month or more I don't see either of those teams finishing 11-5...

Cutler might be back this Sunday, the way they were talking on MNF.

Rausch
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Just play the ****ing games, already.

LOOOOOOOOOONG bye week is long...

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
LOOOOOOOOOONG bye week is long...

almost too long...

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Cutler might be back this Sunday, the way they were talking on MNF.

As well as McCown played last night, I wouldn't rush Cutler back to the field.

Halfcan
11-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, part A of the hypothetical has become reality...I'm a bit more optimistic now, so I'm going with 13-3. Losses @ Denver and @ Washington, and either Donks at Arrowhead or @ SD.

:banghead:

You have been predicting losses every game this year-how is that working out for you-lol

Wow going way out on a limb and declaring a loss in denver- :hmmm:

You will be wrong again. 10-0!!

Strongside
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM
CHRIST! This place has turned into a bunch of negative fucking Nostradamus wannabees. Do you guys not realize that we couldn't be ANY better at this point record-wise?!? Enjoy it and stop bitching and considering things like us taking a shit after the bye week. Who fucking cares? Not me. Not most. We don't need to start a new thread every time your vagina hurts and you think we might lose some games/our offense isn't good/Alex Smith is not Aaron Rodgers/Your kid didn't start his JV game.

Pussies.

Halfcan
11-05-2013, 01:41 PM
CHRIST! This place has turned into a bunch of negative ****ing Nostradamus wannabees. Do you guys not realize that we couldn't be ANY better at this point record-wise?!? Enjoy it and stop bitching and considering things like us taking a shit after the bye week. Who ****ing cares? Not me. Not most. We don't need to start a new thread every time your vagina hurts and you think we might lose some games/our offense isn't good/Alex Smith is not Aaron Rodgers/Your kid didn't start his JV game.

Pussies.

yep people keep predicting losses- FAIL!!

King_Chief_Fan
11-05-2013, 01:43 PM
16-0......doubters!!!

Frosty
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Before the season, I would have been ecstatic if someone told me the Chiefs would finish 10-6 or 11-5.

At this point, though, that would be a big disappointment.

I'm hoping for no worse than 14-2 now. :)

Pasta Little Brioni
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM

99 Rams >>> Doncos

Easy 6
11-05-2013, 03:00 PM
99 Rams >>> Doncos

By a country mile.

Halfcan
11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Before the season, I would have been ecstatic if someone told me the Chiefs would finish 10-6 or 11-5.

At this point, though, that would be a big disappointment.

I'm hoping for no worse than 14-2 now. :)

I predicted 11-5- so make sure you follow my every post for other nuggets of knowledge from now on -lol :p

Oh and predicted a Bears win last night.

FlaChief58
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I predicted 11-5- so make sure you follow my every post for other nuggets of knowledge from now on -lol :p

Oh and predicted a Bears win last night.

So, we only gonna win 2 of 7? Yeah, ok

Frosty
11-05-2013, 03:08 PM
So, we only gonna win 2 of 7? Yeah, ok

Yeah - that would suck and would prove the doubters right.

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I predicted 11-5, but didn't anticipate this start - I know, shock! I also thought that the offense would be a fair bit better, but didn't expect the defense to kick so much ass. Special teams is just right about where I thought they might be, simply because I knew what kind of coach they had the luck of hiring. Maybe a bit befuddled by the string of blocked punts at the start of the season, and thought we'd have probably 1 more KR or PR for a score, but they've done a masterful job.

I'm totally excited about this year, and it's quite a bit of a weird twist to going in wanting to improve, but with each win the stakes get raised, and I simply want to unreasonably win the super bowl, but hope that they make some noise in the playoffs.

MY dream scenario, and it would be poetic justice if we could beat Denver and the Colts in the playoffs, only to put the cherry on top by beating the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

That's a story they make a movie about because it's so damn epic!

B_Ambuehl
11-05-2013, 03:26 PM
SD's offense with Woodhead is tailor made to excel vs a team that plays a lot of man. Rivers has traditionally diced up man coverage. Their D isn't great but Alex Suck is gonna have to step it up vs that football team in order to keep up.

B_Ambuehl
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
SD's offense with Woodhead is tailor made to excel vs a team that plays a lot of man. Rivers has traditionally diced up man coverage. Their D isn't great but Alex Suck is gonna have to step it up vs that football team in order to keep up.

Don't be too upset. SD and Den are built to beat the chiefs style of D.