PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the Chiefs regret not extending Alex Smith last summer?

Alex Smith 4Ever
10-24-2013, 12:32 PM
I was thinking about this and now that he's playing so well, he has pretty much all the leverage in a contract

If we had just signed him for another $8 million three year contract we wouldn't have to worry about what he's going to ask for this summer

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Stellar!

BigMeatballDave
Playing so well?

SPchief
Wow

saphojunkie
10-24-2013, 12:35 PM
I regret clicking on this thread.

burt
lol.....that is all....,

Snapplez
Dis gun b gud

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Playing so well?

This

Like I've said before, he's just a stopgap and he will be gone after next year, unless we win it all. Then all bets are off

Nightfyre
10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
There are people who think we should extend Alex Smith? Or that we should have extended him with a full two years left on his contract?

Beef Supreme
10-24-2013, 12:38 PM
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Old Dog
10-24-2013, 12:38 PM
I was thinking about this and now that he's playing so well......

Did your parents have any kids that aren't brain dead?

Alex Smith 4Ever
10-24-2013, 12:39 PM

I'm thinking of starting a blog

the Talking Can
10-24-2013, 12:39 PM
a Dane mult?

mr. tegu
10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
This must be Alex Smith's agent.

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Did the Steelers exten Madox before drafting Rothlesburger?

the Talking Can
10-24-2013, 12:43 PM
i remember when Trent Dilfer signed a $100 million dollar contract...

Frosty
10-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Will the Chiefs regret not extending Alex Smith last summer?

LMAO

Dartgod
10-24-2013, 12:52 PM
This will not end well for you.

SPchief
10-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Alex should feel disrespected.

saphojunkie
10-24-2013, 12:55 PM
i remember when Trent Dilfer signed a $100 million dollar contract...

Shit why haven't I said this to all the Flacco ball washers?

jd1020
10-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm still shocked the Chiefs only had to give up two 2nd round picks for this guy. They basically just stole him from the 49ers. This trade will go down as one of the best trades in Chiefs history. 7-0 after being the worst team in the NFL just 1 year ago? Get this kid signed through age 40 NOW!

Mr. Laz
10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not a Alex Smith hater like many around here but he hasn't done anything yet to warrant a contract extension. We shouldn't extend him until he does.

KCUnited
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I like to lump Marcus Cooper into the Alex Smith trade when I'm talking about it with non Chiefs fans.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm not a Alex Smith hater like many around here but he hasn't done anything yet to warrant a contract extension. We shouldn't extend him until he does.My thoughts exactly. Right now, he seems like a replacement-level guy. I do, though, expect him to improve.

DeezNutz
10-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Alex Smith's ability to rush the passer is vastly underrated; he truly helps the defense.

Frosty
10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm still shocked the Chiefs only had to give up two 2nd round picks for this guy. They basically just stole him from the 49ers. This trade will go down as one of the best trades in Chiefs history. 7-0 after being the worst team in the NFL just 1 year ago? Get this kid signed through age 40 NOW!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg

KC_Lee
10-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Alex Smith's ability to rush the passer is vastly underrated; he truly helps the defense.

Well does help get the D on the field quicker than any QB I can think of this year.

Direckshun
10-24-2013, 01:21 PM
That's why the Chiefs need to go QB in the first round next year.

It's the perfect way of robbing Smith of his leverage. If nothing else, the QB MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOOD AND WE'LL HAVE DEVELOPED A FRANCHISE QB UNDER ALEX SMITH FOR A YEAR, ALLOWING US TO JUST LET SMITH WALK AND PLAY THE SOPHOMORE QB, ACTUALLY GIVING US A LONGTERM PLAN FOR SUSTAINED SUCCESS.

GOD DAMN IT. JUST DRAFT A FUCKING QUARTERBACK.

Imon Yourside
10-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes

ptlyon
10-24-2013, 01:23 PM

It's the perfect way of robbing Smith of his leverage. If nothing else, the QB MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOOD AND WE'LL HAVE DEVELOPED A FRANCHISE QB UNDER ALEX SMITH FOR A YEAR, ALLOWING US TO JUST LET SMITH WALK AND PLAY THE SOPHOMORE QB, ACTUALLY GIVING US A LONGTERM PLAN FOR SUSTAINED SUCCESS.

GOD DAMN IT. JUST DRAFT A ****ING QUARTERBACK.

RICKY STANZI

Dayze
10-24-2013, 01:28 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3970398/killer-boots-man-o.gif

jd1020
10-24-2013, 01:35 PM

GOD DAMN IT. JUST DRAFT A FUCKING QUARTERBACK.

Too risky.

The Chiefs need more help on the offensive line. Play it safe, sure up your line with locks for NFL success.

The Chiefs should be looking at Bradford or Freeman in the offseason. 2 young QBs who are likely to be run out of their respective towns for being bad.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2013, 01:38 PM

Brandon Weeden!!!

HemiEd
10-24-2013, 01:47 PM
There are people who think we should extend Alex Smith? Or that we should have extended him with a full two years left on his contract?

They are idiots. We know who he is, the same guy that played for the 49ers. He is an improvement over Cassel, but I sure wish the team had the other Smith.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Too risky.

The Chiefs need more help on the offensive line. Play it safe, sure up your line with locks for NFL success.

The Chiefs should be looking at Bradford or Freeman in the offseason. 2 young QBs who are likely to be run out of their respective towns for being bad.Those ARE two first-round QBs, which is exactly what our fans want.

jd1020
10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Those ARE two first-round QBs, which is exactly what our fans want.

We no longer want, we already have. We have a former #1 overall... doesn't get much better. Only thing that is better than one #1 overall is two #1 overalls... Oh god... mass orgasm... We need to go get Bradford in the offseason!

Mr. Laz
10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Too risky.

The Chiefs should be looking at Bradford or Freeman in the offseason. 2 young QBs who are likely to be run out of their respective towns for being bad.
another idiotic post by a moron to the nth degree

Everybody wants a great quarterback, it's just whether or not the guy available is great.

Molitoth
10-24-2013, 01:52 PM
another idiotic post by a moron to the nth degree

Everybody wants a great quarterback, it's just whether or not the guy available is great.

I hear the next Andrew Luck is coming out in 8 more years.

Lets wait for him and hope we get lucky.

jd1020
10-24-2013, 01:57 PM

You don't need to draft a QB in the first round. Afterall, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round!

You just need to pick the RIGHT QB and not just ANY QB. It's a well known fact that, typically, the cream of the crop are taken outside of round 1.

Nightfyre
10-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Man jd is trolllolllollling this thread right along. Well done, good sir.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2013, 02:02 PM

so let's grab whichever QB is available in the 1st next year no matter what.

Bearcat
10-24-2013, 02:03 PM
MOAR LINEMEN

Molitoth
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM

The most important position in sports on a team where it is in high need of improvement? Sure.

Mile High Mania
10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah, so ... he's projected to finish the year with 3,500 yards passing, 16 passing TDs and 9 INTs. Not sure how much you think that warrants in a contract, but would imagine that if it's too much, you can walk away and find someone else.

I'm not saying he's been horrible, but that's not exactly irreplaceable.

cosmo20002
10-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I was thinking about this and now that he's playing so well, he has pretty much all the leverage in a contract

If we had just signed him for another $8 million three year contract we wouldn't have to worry about what he's going to ask for this summer

Just because he is an improvement over the horribleness we've had the last few seasons doesn't mean his is "playing so well." He's ok. Good enough to win some games if there is a defense to carry the team.

jd1020
10-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah, so ... he's projected to finish the year with 3,500 yards passing, 16 passing TDs and 9 INTs. Not sure how much you think that warrants in a contract, but would imagine that if it's too much, you can walk away and find someone else.

Our offensive line play has been terrible.

If Alex was getting 7 seconds in the pocket like every other QB around the league he'd be throwing bombs every play like he was Matthew fucking Stafford and on pace for 60 TDs and 6000 yards.

Need more fatties!

Stick to the pattern of finding successful QBs by drafting them on day 3, or trading for another teams diamond in the rough after they wasted a perfectly good selection on a QB in the first round... those morons.

FlaChief58
10-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Not sure how much you think that warrants in a contract

It doesn't and he isn't. I expect that Dorsey will keep him under his current contract and draft a QBOTF next year then send him on his way. That of course depends on whether or not we win it all this year

Bearcat
10-24-2013, 02:22 PM

Hopefully John Dorsey brought the lucky hat they used on draft day to pull quarterback names for the Packers.

It serves the Packers right, anyway. They have some weird fixation on drafting QBs in the early rounds. Freakin' QB hogs. They should do what really successful franchises do and draft offensive linemen early and often.

MOAR LINEMEN

loochy
10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
ok whose mult is this?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 04:10 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Pablo
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
a Dane mult?LMAO

And to the OP; eat lots of sharp, metal objects please.

10-24-2013, 04:38 PM

Holy fucking shit. LMAO ROFL

He has no leverage. Stats back it up too.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 04:41 PM
You don't extend a QB who is on pace to throw for 16 TDs and is 30th in yards per attempt.

Those guys aren't hard to find.

10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
You don't extend a QB who is on pace to throw for 16 TDs and is 30th in yards per attempt.

and whose career record is nothing more than average at best. Lets not forget how many times this guy was benched in San Fran.

He's better than Cassel and that is about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 04:46 PM
and whose career record is nothing more than average at best. Lets not forget how many times this guy was benched in San Fran.

He's better than Cassel and that is about it.

Baby steps. Got break those fatties with mullets in gently, don't you know.

jd1020
10-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Seven'N'O!!!!!!!

okcchief
10-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Unless Alex Smith wins a superbowl he will not be here in 2015. The guy went to the NFC Championship 2 years ago and had little interest. All he is doing is playing safe and not losing games. Extending him then would have been Pioli level stupidity. He's a stop gap unless he proves he's better. Most likely he will be that or a backup for the rest of his career. I'm no hater, but I am a realist.

MotherfuckerJones
10-24-2013, 04:54 PM
ROFL LMAO Hell No!!

jd1020
10-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Unless Alex Smith wins a superbowl he will not be here in 2015. The guy went to the NFC Championship 2 years ago and had little interest. All he is doing is playing safe and not losing games. Extending him then would have been Pioli level stupidity. He's a stop gap unless he proves he's better. Most likely he will be that or a backup for the rest of the year. I'm no hater, but I am a realist.

Alex Smith puts butts in seats.

137.5!

Get used to it!!!

7-0!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
He will be extended, and certain people will laud it as a "great move" or "the only option available".

And they will be full of hot, steaming shit.

10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Alex but I don't see him as the answer at all. I would be perfectly happy to see him play his two years and move on myself. Now if he all the sudden starts lighting it up the second half of the season, I might shift on that. I don't see that happening based on his career stats though.

I want a balanced team just once. We are always stellar on one side of the ball then average on the other. well, when we don't completely suck that is. LMAO

Brock
10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
WHY ARNT YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR TEAM YOU HATERS

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
And they will be full of hot, steaming shit.

so that's what that smell is

http://i.imgur.com/ZraScC0.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
so that's what that smell is

http://i.imgur.com/ZraScC0.gif

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
It's funny how a winning season(thus far)brings out the true homer in what are usually objective people.

jd1020
10-24-2013, 05:08 PM
It's funny how a winning season(thus far)brings out the true homer in what are usually objective people.

The Dolphins wont be lighting cigars this year!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
The Dolphins wont be lighting cigars this year!!!

The thing is, this "behavior"(objectivity, bitching, pissing and moaning)will continue right up to the moment that Goodell hands Reid a Lombardi.

And beyond.

Welcome to Chiefs Planet. This is what we do, and will never stop, thank God.

Chief Roundup
10-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Who says he is getting an extension.
He is not playing "so well" either.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:04 PM
The thing is, this "behavior"(objectivity, bitching, pissing and moaning)will continue right up to the moment that Goodell hands Reid a Lombardi.

That's extremely stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 06:05 PM
That's extremely stupid.

You're extremely stupid, Dave, and always have been.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
You're extremely stupid, Dave, and always have been.

What would you be complaining about if you've just watched your team win a SB?

TLO
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
lol wut?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM

There will always be points of interest that surpass the homer mindset, Dave.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
After the Brayture
we will wear no clothes

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
There will always be points of interest that surpass the homer mindset, Dave.

LMAO Please.

The Chiefs win a SB, we're all super homers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
LMAO Please.

The Chiefs win a SB, we're all super homers.

You underestimate CP. You always have.

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Can't stop laughing. Please, no more. Wait. What?

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
You underestimate CP. You always have.

Retard

Chief Roundup
10-24-2013, 06:20 PM

What is around the corner. The player acquisitions and releases. There is always something that the Chiefs are not doing as well as they possibly could have.

Bearcat
10-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Regardless of Dave's general idiocy, it's fucking stupid to say people will keep complaining if they win multiple playoff games, because 1) a lot of people have made their reasons for complaining pretty clear and have pretty clear wants, and 2) ChiefsPlanet didn't fucking exist the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, so how the hell would you know?

You really don't think people who have been waiting twenty years for a playoff win and in a lot of cases their entire lives for a SB appearance or win would put aside any complaints or agendas or whatever? Come on...

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:26 PM
What is around the corner. The player acquisitions and releases. There is always something that the Chiefs are not doing as well as they possibly could have.

But that's not while the Chiefs are winning a SB.

My response is to what fuckstick posted.

He's about as useful as a rancid cup of semen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Regardless of Dave's general idiocy, it's fucking stupid to say people will keep complaining if they win multiple playoff games, because 1) a lot of people have made their reasons for complaining pretty clear and have pretty clear wants, and 2) ChiefsPlanet didn't fucking exist the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, so how the hell would you know?

You really don't think people who have been waiting twenty years for a playoff win and in a lot of cases their entire lives for a SB appearance or win would put aside any complaints or agendas or whatever? Come on...

I entirely believe this. CP is what it is.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM

You really don't think people who have been waiting twenty years for a playoff win and in a lot of cases their entire lives for a SB appearance or win would put aside any complaints or agendas or whatever? Come on...Idiocy? Eat shit.

Idiocy is complaining while winning a SB.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Decades of futility gone in an instant with a SB win.

Chief Roundup
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM

That is not going to stop people from bitching. You know people like to do that kind of a thing.
There will be people bitch and moan no matter what. Yes it is fucked up but that is part of being a human being. Some people feel better when they are bitching for whatever reason. That is just the way it is man. SB win or not people are not going to stop being people. Before, during, or after no matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 07:01 PM

Sorry, Dave.

At that point, the discussion for continued dominance, aka "The Dynasty" begins. And who will lead this dynasty? Alex Smith? I think not.

No day of rest in the sun for you, Dave. I will see to it. Personally.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2013, 07:05 PM

There are fans around here who would continue to bitch because he didn't throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs.

Bearcat
10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
There are fans around here who would continue to bitch because he didn't throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs.

Nope, that's just a strawman for those who can't fathom how some people can enjoy something while still debating weaknesses.

Some of you sound like we're spoiled.... I'd really like to know how people know the 'haters' will keep complaining when the 'haters' haven't gotten what they've been complaining about for 20 years when it comes to a playoff win, 30 years when it comes to even trying to develop a first round QB, and 40 years when it comes to a SB appearance.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Sorry, Dave.

At that point, the discussion for continued dominance, aka "The Dynasty" begins. And who will lead this dynasty? Alex Smith? I think not.

No day of rest in the sun for you, Dave. I will see to it. Personally.You were once a fan of Matt Cassel.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
You were once a fan of Matt Cassel.

Don't think he was, actually.

Had his bullshit chuck and ducks pegged from the start.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Don't think he was, actually.

Had his bullshit chuck and ducks pegged from the start.

He caved.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 07:59 PM
He caved.

I learned.

Brock
10-24-2013, 08:01 PM
He caved.

Actually, he wavered a bit, then realized, no, dammit, I was right. Cassel sucks.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Actually, he wavered a bit, then realized, no, dammit, I was right. Cassel sucks.

So, when are the 2 of you shacking up?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM

LMAO Pretty much.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:05 PM

When the Chiefs draft and develop. Clay is bringing the Moet.

MahiMike
10-24-2013, 08:08 PM

:D

MahiMike
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
We only need him until Tyler Bray says he's ready.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I learned.

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%84-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BF-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80-272810.png

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:12 PM
I learned.

Slow learner?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:12 PM
LMAO

It's hilarious how so many years of hard, incontrovertible evidence just gets tossed in to the jerk-sock around here.

Brock
10-24-2013, 08:13 PM

That's all you've got? That's clearly the work of a superior intellect.

BigMeatballDave
http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%84-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BF-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80-272810.pngGay

Sweet Daddy Hate
Slow learner?

I do not share your obvious disability when it comes to the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:17 PM
That's all you've got? That's clearly the work of a superior intellect.

Those are big words.

Sound them out for me herp derp

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I do not share your obvious disability when it comes to the Chiefs.

Please. I knew Cassel was shit in 09.

Use the search function.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Please. I knew Cassel was shit in 09.

Use the search function.

As did I. Your point?

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:21 PM
a Dane mult?

Not a mult. Look at his join date. He is an Alex lover who came from a 49er forum when the Alex trade was announced.

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I like to lump Marcus Cooper into the Alex Smith trade when I'm talking about it with non Chiefs fans.

:D

Cooper is worth a 2nd.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
As did I. Your point?

You bought in the following season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
You bought in the following season.

And as stated before, I learned my lesson.

You really ARE slow, aren't you?

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:26 PM

Except the way you guys are going, you will be drafting 25th next year. And wasn't that the biggest complaint of your forum when Alex was signed? Better to have a crappy placeholder so you at least get a top 5 pick next year with a decent QB class, than to go 10-6 and draft 25th for a few years without a good shot at a top QB prospect.

Not that franchise QBs have never been found at the end of the 1st round or even lower, like Wilson 2 years ago. It is just so much nicer to get that top 5 pick or even top overall in a year when QBs are to be found.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Except the way you guys are going, you will be drafting 25th next year. And wasn't that the biggest complaint of your forum when Alex was signed? Better to have a crappy placeholder so you at least get a top 5 pick next year with a decent QB class, than to go 10-6 and draft 25th for a few years without a good shot at a top QB prospect.

Not that franchise QBs have never been found at the end of the 1st round or even lower, like Wilson 2 years ago. It is just so much nicer to get that top 5 pick or even top overall in a year when QBs are to be found.

The cycle continues, and Dave applauds...

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Those ARE two first-round QBs, which is exactly what our fans want.

Why when your current QB was a 1.1. ;)

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:30 PM
You don't need to draft a QB in the first round. Afterall, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round!

You just need to pick the RIGHT QB and not just ANY QB. It's a well known fact that, typically, the cream of the crop are taken outside of round 1.

You keep right on telling yourself that, Jackson.

http://www.sportsdatallc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/superbowl_qbs_v6_650.png

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
The cycle continues, and Dave applauds...

Could you be more clueless?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Could you be more clueless?

Could you be more idiotic?

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:34 PM
You keep right on telling yourself that, Jackson.
:) He's trolling.

Kaepernick
10-24-2013, 08:36 PM
:) He's trolling.

Thanks. He caught me. :D

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Could you be more idiotic?

Dan Saleamua: All-pro OL

LOL

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Dan Saleamua: All-pro OL

LOL

Alex Cassel: Good enough/Dave

10-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Regardless of Dave's general idiocy, it's ****ing stupid to say people will keep complaining if they win multiple playoff games, because 1) a lot of people have made their reasons for complaining pretty clear and have pretty clear wants, and 2) ChiefsPlanet didn't ****ing exist the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, so how the hell would you know?

I'll be thrilled with a playoff win or by some miracle, a superbowl appearance or victory. But I will still be beating the QB drum until we finally find a difference maker at that position.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Alex Cassel: Good enough/Dave

LMAO Show me where I posted that.

In your own little retarded world, you think you know better.

You know exactly squat.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I'll be thrilled with a playoff win or by some miracle, a superbowl appearance or victory. But I will still be beating the QB drum until we finally find a difference maker at that position.

As a smart man would and should.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2013, 08:46 PM

I have no problem with that.

Never stop improving.

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2013, 10:46 PM
6/60 sounds about write. Call Pioli for advice.

Dave Lane
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I hope he dies in a fire. That's a pretty easy negotiation.

BigBeauford
10-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Don't see this as an issue. Smith probably knows he isn't the reason this team is undefeated, an ESPN has mostly only made a big deal about our defense, which most average Chiefs' fans' put all their stock in.

Sandy Vagina
10-25-2013, 03:55 AM
To the OP: Too early to say.

So far, Smith has played as well as a good stop-gap on a new team. If his history is any indication, his play will get better. Makes more sense for KC to take a cautious approach and wait before such an extension. Smith is still making only around 8 mil per, between this and next season. That's a very favorable salary for a team's starting QB with a great win %.

The rest of this season will be a big audition for Smith and whether he gets an extension in the following offseason. If he steps up his play? Then I definitely do see Reid push hard for an extension.. and I don't think Smith will care if it is a moderate one. If Smith stays as he is, I think he still remains a Chief in 2014, but KC will make acquiring a QB a high priority... unless Bray is really impressing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
To the OP: Too early to say.

So far, Smith has played as well as a good stop-gap on a new team. If his history is any indication, his play will get better. Makes more sense for KC to take a cautious approach and wait before such an extension. Smith is still making only around 8 mil per, between this and next season. That's a very favorable salary for a team's starting QB with a great win %.

The rest of this season will be a big audition for Smith and whether he gets an extension in the following offseason. If he steps up his play? Then I definitely do see Reid push hard for an extension.. and I don't think Smith will care if it is a moderate one. If Smith stays as he is, I think he still remains a Chief in 2014, but KC will make acquiring a QB a high priority... unless Bray is really impressing.

Reasonable.

keg in kc
10-25-2013, 04:12 AM
No.