PDA

View Full Version : Music I Absolutely Nub My New Job

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I am playing some incredibly groovy chords and stuff. This guitar is absolutely PERFECT.

But it's the hardest thing I've ever musically done. My fingertips feel like razor blades. I haven't been able to pick my nose for almost a month. I have to learn chords with names I can't pronounce in one breath.

This is a real-life Navin Johnson picked out of the phone book story. Workin' my ass off to be livin' the dream.

Dinny

SAUTO
10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
You playing again somewhere?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigOlChiefsfan
10-25-2013, 05:59 PM
If you pick it, it'll never heal.

(Enjoy the gig!)

Planetman
10-25-2013, 06:01 PM
the old SG with F holes.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Why are you playing a 175 for blues?

SAUTO
10-25-2013, 06:04 PM

One of these days dinny and I are going to load up in an old car and come Dane hunting
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:06 PM
One of these days dinny and I are going to load up in an old car and come Dane hunting
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

SAUTO
10-25-2013, 06:09 PM
LMAO

Oh it will be a cool one too. 63 continental, 72 Chev short wide. something cool to take the ride in.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:10 PM
On a second glance, that's not a 175, that's a Herb Ellis/165!

Those bad boys are rare. Congrats!

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh it will be a cool one too. 63 continental, 72 Chev short wide. something cool to take the ride in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have to hit the PCH in that bad hombre

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 06:24 PM
On a second glance, that's not a 175, that's a Herb Ellis/165!

Those bad boys are rare. Congrats!

It's one of the early Herbs with the fat neck. The tone is fabulous.

I'm playing Jazz. Rhythm Jazz Guitarist. Absolutely the craziest thing I've ever seen. I am accompanying a jazz violinist in a duet. If Stephane Grappelli and Jean Luc Ponty had a baby, it would be my maestro. He is amazing.

I need to learn some D'Jango ond Joe Pass licks. This music I'm playing ain't nothin' but fine, fine, fine.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 06:29 PM

I was a blues shuffle drummer for a long time. I'm too crippled to haul drums around anymore. I can still play drums, I just can't move them around.

I haven't played guitar seriously in about 35 years. But I sure as hell am now.

Wiggy

Dinny

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm playing Jazz. Rhythm Jazz Guitarist. Absolutely the craziest thing I've ever seen. I am accompanying a jazz violinist in a duet. If Stephane Grappelli and Jean Luc Ponty had a baby, it would be my maestro. He is amazing.

I need to learn some D'Jango ond Joe Pass licks. This music I'm playing ain't nothin' but fine, fine, fine.

Dinny
Where did you find the 165? That guitar is worth a minimum of $5,500 dollars. I wouldn't take it out on a gig!

What are you playing through? An old Gibson or Lab Series?

I'm glad you're having fun. Enjoy!

:)

SAUTO
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Where did you find the 165? That guitar is worth a minimum of $5,500 dollars. I wouldn't take it out on a gig! What are you playing through? An old Gibson or Lab Series?

Dinny gets all the cool shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Where did you find the 165? That guitar is worth a minimum of $5,500 dollars. I wouldn't take it out on a gig!

Quality tone from quality tools = best product for audience. I will be wrapped around this guitar every performance, rehearsal and practice for the rest of my life.

Do you know a good solid state amp tech? I have a couple Roland Jazz Chorus amps ( a JC50 and a JC77) that I need some work done on. The 77 isn't too bad, haven't opened it up, can most likely fix it myself. The JC50 needs a miracle worker, and I would love to have it back in service. I have the chasis removed and have no problem shiiping.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Dinny gets all the cool shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

You oughta see my set of Jason's Automotive coffee mugs. Don't get me started on my "PARTIED AT SAUTO'S AND LIVED" T-shirt.

Dinny

SAUTO
10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
You oughta see my set of Jason's Automotive coffee mugs. Don't get me started on my "PARTIED AT SAUTO'S AND LIVED" T-shirt.

Dinny
Don't get me started on the shirt. LMAO.

Everyone lived that time.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Quality tone from quality tools = best product for audience. I will be wrapped around this guitar every performance, rehearsal and practice for the rest of my life.

Do you know a good solid state amp tech? I have a couple Roland Jazz Chorus amps ( a JC50 and a JC77) that I need some work done on. The 77 isn't too bad, haven't opened it up, can most likely fix it myself. The JC50 needs a miracle worker, and I would love to have it back in service. I have the chasis removed and have no problem shiiping.

Dinny

I don't know any techs in the Midwest. But if you don't mind shipping, contact either Trace Davis at Voodoo Amps or Rob D'Antonio at Jaded Faith mods. Both are East Coast amp gurus.

Good luck!

Brock
10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
I really want a nice hollow body. Spensiff.

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 06:52 PM
I forgot to mention this job requires travel and eventual relocation to Florida.

Indialantic, Florida. I don't know anything about it. Googling looks like it's in the middle of the ocean. How in the hell can ya live in the middle of the ocean?

I've never even SEEN saltwater.

I heard you can get a 5 gallon bucket of shrimp for 2 or 3 bucks. Is this true?

Dinny reaches nirvana.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 07:04 PM

What are you playing through? An old Gibson or Lab Series?

:)

Wow! If it's worth that much, I stole it.

Doesn't matter, it's a hairloom now.

I'm just misty, and too much in nub.

Amps are Roland Jazz Chorus mainly. I've got a Yamaha G50-112 3rd series and a 68 Silverface Super Reverb for an arsenal. I have JBLs in all my guitar amps. I would like to find an old SG Systems amp with the built in Maestro phase shifter. Eventually want to be able to run up to 4 amps at the same time with an amp selector. There is only two of us, and the maestro likes to fill the stage with a lot of sound.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-25-2013, 07:57 PM
If FAX could see me now. I bet he'd dig this box, I don't care if he's a semi-hollow guy.

Come back, FAX.

Dinny