PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
10-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. In the timeless words of the Late Great Bill Grigsby, it was a be-au-ti-ful day for football, and a wonderful day to push the streak to 8-0. I took a bunch of pictures today, and I'll attach a link, and you can check them out if you like. Includes pics of some pre-game stuff, cheerleaders, George Brett pounding a drum and some good field shots. Hope you like them. I dumped them into Photobucket, you can see them here:
http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/George_Blowfish/slideshow/

9. The formula worked again. Stingy points on defense, just enough on offense, no critical turnovers, and forced a big turnover in the fourth quarter on special teams. Alex Smith had an OK day. He was running for his life a lot. Cleveland had six sacks today. I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure that's the most we've given up to an opponent this year. Smith's line was 24 of 36 for 225, two TD's and no picks. He has been very spotty with his accuracy. On one throw to McGrath, he was spot on. The next pass he overthrows Fasano by five yards. HIs TD to McCluster was a thing of beauty, right on the money. And McCluster made a nice catch, considering he catches this ball with a bad wrist. Here's a video of the play:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/20kyb8p/5)

8. Eight guys caught passes, so we continue to spread the ball to anyone and everyone. Bowe only had one catch for seven yards, and that is very troubling. Don't know if its because Smith doesn't have time to let routes develop, or Bowe isn't getting separation, or a little of both. McCluster was the workhorse on pass receiving, with 7 for 67 yards and the TD. Sherman got his first TD of his career on a beautifully devised screen pass. The screen was a very good play for KC, as Cleveland's rush was all out, all day long. Charles had over 100 in multipurpose yards, 74 rushing, averaged just over four per carry, and 5 catches for 46, that's a bit over nine per catch. He dinged up a knee, but looked good to me in the fourth quarter. He is a tough dude.

7. Eric Fisher had another bad game. He was bad on run blocking and on pass blocking, and got beat by several different Browns players. In the first quarter, watch Fisher on his run blocking as Knile Davis gets destroyed:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/24l50f6/5)
On pass protection, Fisher isn't much better. He was beaten on several plays. Here his guy blows right past him and forces Smith to get rid of the ball early on a 3rd and 4:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/4i0615/5)
The rest of the line didn't fare much better today either. We were out-sacked six to one today.

6. Sean Smith had a very bad day. He was burned at least three times on passes, including the flea flicker for Cleveland's first TD. He did not play this well at all, and he got no safety help at all over the top from Lewis:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2ikpf6p/5)
We had no picks for the first time (I think) this season. Defense was great against the run today. Cleveland has negative one yard rushing in the first half, and ended the game with just 57 total yards on the ground; and 17 of that was from Campbell running for his life.

5. The player of the game was Derrick Johnson. This guy doesn't get nearly enough credit. He led the team with 12 tackles, and he seems to set the tone for the entire defense. Check out this hit in the fourth quarter, when Cleveland is trying to mount a drive to tie the game:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2qlxzqv/5) Nobody scored after the nine minute mark in the third quarter. So again, the defense shuts the door when it counts.

4. Justin Houston was quiet until his fourth quarter sack. That was his only tackle of the day. Joe Thomas was very effective on Hali today as he only had two tackles and no sacks. He did draw an important holding penalty against Thomas in the fourth quarter to stall a drive. Cleveland's offensive line did a very good job in pass protection. They didn't run block worth spit, but then again, they have no real credible running backs.

3. I think Colquitt's plant knee is still bothering him. He hasn't been completely right since he got dinged up in the Giants game. The punt muff by Bess was on a very short and wobbly Colquitt kick. If they field that punt clean, they're in business around the KC 40 yard line. Succop was 3 for 4 today. His effective range tops out at about 46 yards. Anything beyond that is a 50-50 proposition. Overall though, he's had a good year.

2. I can't express my man love for Andy Reid enough. He is undefeated against Cleveland lifetime -he's five and zero. The coaching staff never got rattled, and our time outs were used wisely, and near the end of the game were used to re-set defenses against Cleveland. The pass defense was shaky, but I think Smith just had one of those days as a corner, and it reflected on the final passing stats. Cleveland's tight end Cameron is a very good young player, and gave us some trouble. He averaged over 20 yards per catch today. Look for other teams to exploit our tight end coverage in weeks to come, especially San Diego and Denver.

1. I caught Shannon the Mouth, Cowher and Boomer talking about KC after the game. I HATE Shannon Sharpe with the intensity of a thousand white hot suns. I really dislike Dan Fouts who was on the broadcast today too. He's always been anti-KC because Art Still used to throw him on his head here. But Sharpe is bad mouthing us already, poo-pooing our undefeated start. I truly hope we stick it up Denver's ass at Arrowhead and shut him up. Now it's on to Buffalo,who got whacked by New Orleans today. Buffalo totally embarrassed us there last year in the "Fetal Cassel" game. As for that cheap shotting douche bag Stevie Johnson, I hope Eric Berry knocks the day living crap out of him. How great would 9-0 be? It would be be-au-ti-ful!

Fritz88
10-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Alex has been regressing. We caught many breaks thanks to Bess.

Bowser
10-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Nice read as always.

Sean Smith did have a worse than usual day by his standards, but Kendrick Lewis just flat hung him out to dry on that flea flicker. I'd really, really like to see Quintin Demps get the starting nod over Lewis.

Nightfyre
10-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Good posts as always, George. I really like and appreciate the new format with the linked photos as it will make the loading process a lot smoother! A quick note: Colquitt's plant knee got crunched on the "running into the punter."

Nightfyre
10-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Nice read as always.

Sean Smith did have a worse than usual day by his standards, but Kendrick Lewis just flat hung him out to dry on that flea flicker. I'd really, really like to see Quintin Demps get the starting nod over Lewis.

It was brutal to watch kendrick Lewis blow that assignment. Man, I was not a happy camper in that moment.

petegz28
10-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Spot on....as usual

T-post Tom
10-27-2013, 06:18 PM
You're 8-0. Excellent post, again.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2013, 06:19 PM
It was brutal to watch kendrick Lewis blow that assignment. Man, I was not a happy camper in that moment.

That pass from smith to Dexter had to cause this place to meltdown. Two most hated guya in franchise history make a beautiful play.

Cp full on menstrual meltdown.

Bowser
10-27-2013, 06:20 PM
That pass from smith to Dexter had to cause this place to meltdown. Two most hated guya in franchise history make a beautiful play.

Personally I was just shocked to see a TD pass from Smith over 25 yards. Need moar of that.

Demonpenz
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Dexter is being used well. Getting some value out of him now. Yeah also DJ is off the chain. If anyone was in 317 can someone explain what happens when you wear a broncos jersey up there LOL.

2bikemike
10-27-2013, 06:23 PM
When I hard about George Brett banging on a drum to fire up the crowd I was thinking of Crazy George That used to run around the stadium banging a drum and firing up the crowd. I think it was 78 or 79, I was gone from KC in 80 so I don't remember whatever happened to him.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2013, 06:26 PM

10. In the timeless words of the Late Great Bill Grigsby, it was a be-au-ti-ful day for football, and a wonderful day to push the streak to 8-0. I took a bunch of pictures today, and I'll attach a link, and you can check them out if you like. Includes pics of some pre-game stuff, cheerleaders, George Brett pounding a drum and some good field shots. Hope you like them. I dumped them into Photobucket, you can see them here:

9. The formula worked again. Stingy points on defense, just enough on offense, no critical turnovers, and forced a big turnover in the fourth quarter on special teams. Alex Smith had an OK day. He was running for his life a lot. Cleveland had six sacks today. I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure that's the most we've given up to an opponent this year. Smith's line was 24 of 36 for 225, two TD's and no picks. He has been very spotty with his accuracy. On one throw to McGrath, he was spot on. The next pass he overthrows Fasano by five yards. HIs TD to McCluster was a thing of beauty, right on the money. And McCluster made a nice catch, considering he catches this ball with a bad wrist. Here's a video of the play:

8. Eight guys caught passes, so we continue to spread the ball to anyone and everyone. Bowe only had one catch for seven yards, and that is very troubling. Don't know if its because Smith doesn't have time to let routes develop, or Bowe isn't getting separation, or a little of both. McCluster was the workhorse on pass receiving, with 7 for 67 yards and the TD. Sherman got his first TD of his career on a beautifully devised screen pass. The screen was a very good play for KC, as Cleveland's rush was all out, all day long. Charles had over 100 in multipurpose yards, 74 rushing, averaged just over four per carry, and 5 catches for 46, that's a bit over nine per catch. He dinged up a knee, but looked good to me in the fourth quarter. He is a tough dude.

7. Eric Fisher had another bad game. He was bad on run blocking and on pass blocking, and got beat by several different Browns players. In the first quarter, watch Fisher on his run blocking as Knile Davis gets destroyed:
On pass protection, Fisher isn't much better. He was beaten on several plays. Here his guy blows right past him and forces Smith to get rid of the ball early on a 3rd and 4:
The rest of the line didn't fare much better today either. We were out-sacked six to one today.

6. Sean Smith had a very bad day. He was burned at least three times on passes, including the flea flicker for Cleveland's first TD. He did not play this well at all, and he got no safety help at all over the top from Lewis:
We had no picks for the first time (I think) this season. Defense was great against the run today. Cleveland has negative one yard rushing in the first half, and ended the game with just 57 total yards on the ground; and 17 of that was from Campbell running for his life.

5. The player of the game was Derrick Johnson. This guy doesn't get nearly enough credit. He led the team with 12 tackles, and he seems to set the tone for the entire defense. Check out this hit in the fourth quarter, when Cleveland is trying to mount a drive to tie the game:
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2qlxzqv/5) Nobody scored after the nine minute mark in the third quarter. So again, the defense shuts the door when it counts.

4. Justin Houston was quiet until his fourth quarter sack. That was his only tackle of the day. Joe Thomas was very effective on Hali today as he only had two tackles and no sacks. He did draw an important holding penalty against Thomas in the fourth quarter to stall a drive. Cleveland's offensive line did a very good job in pass protection. They didn't run block worth spit, but then again, they have no real credible running backs.

3. I think Colquitt's plant knee is still bothering him. He hasn't been completely right since he got dinged up in the Giants game. The punt muff by Bess was on a very short and wobbly Colquitt kick. If they field that punt clean, they're in business around the KC 40 yard line. Succop was 3 for 4 today. His effective range tops out at about 46 yards. Anything beyond that is a 50-50 proposition. Overall though, he's had a good year.

2. I can't express my man love for Any Reid enough. He is undefeated against Cleveland lifetime -he's five and zero. The coaching staff never got rattled, and our time outs were used wisely, and near the end of the game were used to re-set defenses against Cleveland. The pass defense was shaky, but I think Smith just had one of those days as a corner, and it reflected on the final passing stats. Cleveland's tight end Cameron is a very good young player, and gave us some trouble. He averaged over 20 yards per catch today. Look for other teams to exploit our tight end coverage in weeks to come, especially San Diego and Denver.

1. I caught Shannon the Mouth, Cowher and Boomer talking about KC after the game. I HATE Shannon Sharpe with the intensity of a thousand white hot suns. I really dislike Dan Fouts who was on the broadcast today too. He's always been anti-KC because Art Still used to throw him on his head here. But Sharpe is bad mouthing us already, poo-pooing our undefeated start. I truly hope we stick it up Denver's ass at Arrowhead and shut him up. Now it's on to Buffalo,who got whacked by New Orleans today. Buffalo totally embarrassed us there last year in the "Fetal Cassel" game. As for that cheap shotting douche bag Stevie Johnson, I hope Eric Berry knocks the day living crap out of him. How great would 9-0 be? It would be be-au-ti-ful!

Good post. Interesting take on the broadcast crew. ESPN pre-game was very nice about the Chiefs. They talked Denver - KC and said the Broncos' problem with their Tackles and pass defense were going to be major liabilities against Denver.

okiedokieokoye
10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
The good news is Albert didn't sustain another injury.

Marcellus
10-27-2013, 06:27 PM
8-0 George! 9-0 is right in front of us.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2013, 06:29 PM
When I hard about George Brett banging on a drum to fire up the crowd I was thinking of Crazy George That used to run around the stadium banging a drum and firing up the crowd. I think it was 78 or 79, I was gone from KC in 80 so I don't remember whatever happened to him.

Mad mike? He is an ordained baptist minister now. Saw him at my gpas funeral a few months ago. He has some.heart issues a while back. Hes in his late 60s now.

His name is mike lyons. 2nd cousin of mine. Great man.

TimeForWasp
10-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Nice Job

the Talking Can
10-27-2013, 06:31 PM
DJ was an animal

Rausch
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
DJ was an animal

He's probably the only guy that didn't drop off during the Pioli years.

Still a fucking beast...

The Bad Guy
10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
You should get paid for these writeups

Otter
10-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Thx George

JohnnyHammersticks
10-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Moar cheerleader's butts!

JohnnyHammersticks
10-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Great summary as usual, but please George, no more pictures of Eric Fisher's arms. While having bigger triceps than the #1 overall pick in the draft should make me happy, in this case, it's pretty depressing. Makes you wonder if he could do 20 pushups.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Sean Smith is who I thought he was.

More TDs are coming his way.

Rasputin
10-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Brandon Alberts had a great first half blocking and mauling down field. I don't know what happened second half but we got to do better than that if this team wants to continue to have success.

McCluster is really coming along this year am happy for him. He is a tough little shit, gets whacked and keeps playing hard. I don't think we have seen the best out of him yet.

Rausch
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM

This...

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM
McCluster is really coming along this year am happy for him. He is a tough little shit, gets whacked and keeps playing hard. I don't think we have seen the best out of him yet.

Really all I heard here was that he was one of the worst players of all time. I mean, I understand that those people are retarded, but still.

Chiefshrink
10-27-2013, 07:09 PM

Count on it !! I can see why Miami didn't want him. He is our refurbished Eric Warfield IMO.

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Count on it !! I can see why Miami didn't want him. He is our refurbished Eric Warfield IMO.

Lol he's not nearly as bad as Warfield

Chiefshrink
10-27-2013, 07:14 PM
I want to see Bobby Hammond as our return guy. What I saw in pre-season from him was the most natural fluid seam runner who could hit 5th gear in about 5-7 strides.

DeezNutz
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
8. Probably more reasons why Bowe is MIA.

Red Beans
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
I want to see Frankie Hammond as our return guy. What I saw in pre-season from him was the most natural fluid seam runner who could hit 5th gear in about 5-7 strides.

FYP

Chiefshrink
10-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Lol he's not nearly as bad as Warfield

Just wait it's only been 8 games. :D

2bikemike
10-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Mad mike? He is an ordained baptist minister now. Saw him at my gpas funeral a few months ago. He has some.heart issues a while back. Hes in his late 60s now.

His name is mike lyons. 2nd cousin of mine. Great man.

The guy I am thinking of was Krazy George. Just looked him up his name was George Henderson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_George_Henderson

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Warfield didn't play with the league's top pass rush.

Macroach
10-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Pics 11 & 14 ftw...

Chiefshrink
10-27-2013, 07:22 PM
FYP

My bad. But you get my point. McCluster and Demps work waaaaaaay too hard to get just a decent return. McCluster dances and spins way too much as if he should be on "Dancing with the Stars" allowing the opposition to catch up with him and Demps takes too long to get top speed of which IMO he does not a have a 5th gear.

Go watch Frankie and I don't care if was going against 2nd and 3rd team STs in pre-season. You can't teach what he does so naturally as a return guy.

Chiefshrink
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Warfield didn't play with the league's top pass rush.

A Warfield fan ?

gblowfish
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
You should get paid for these writeups

I don't wanna turn into another Fatlock....

Bwana
10-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Outstanding and I'm with you on douche bag Stevie.

philfree
10-27-2013, 10:20 PM
This is all that matters

journeyscarab
10-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Good report George. That drumstick looks like a giant match!

Buehler445
10-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks George. Good read as always.

DJ is flat out sick. I mean fucking sick.

The biggest weakness I saw in the pass D was Kendrick Lewis. He was everywhere, except where he needed to be. Jesus. I wish he'd get his head out of his rectum.

I saw a little bit of Thannon Tharpe on TV. Didn't hear a damn thing he said, because I spent the whole time thinking, "What the FUCK is he wearing?"

rolltide2014
10-27-2013, 10:40 PM
I saw a little bit of Thannon Tharpe on TV. Didn't hear a damn thing he said, because I spent the whole time thinking, "What the **** is he wearing?"

I don't think I've seen this on CP yet, but SNL did a great skit with Shannon Sharpe recently. This is ****ing great ROFL

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-shannon-sharpe/n41628/

BWillie
10-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks George. Good read as always.

DJ is flat out sick. I mean ****ing sick.

The biggest weakness I saw in the pass D was Kendrick Lewis. He was everywhere, except where he needed to be. Jesus. I wish he'd get his head out of his rectum.

I saw a little bit of Thannon Tharpe on TV. Didn't hear a damn thing he said, because I spent the whole time thinking, "What the **** is he wearing?"

Other than Fisher and the Oline....Kendrick probably had to be the worst Chief on the field today. Probably followed by Sean Smith. Derrick Johnson probably had his best day of the yr though

cabletech94
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
A+ george!!!

love it!!!

fan4ever
10-27-2013, 11:17 PM

After the flea-flicker I knew he was going to be targeted the rest of the day...weak link in a good secondary.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I always like how the camera man knows who the guilty party is on penalities. While the two dipshits calling the game bable on.

TLO
10-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Great read. Thanks for taking the time to write this each week.

big nasty kcnut
10-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Great pics and read George. Thou i think we will be ok because this team is playing to win and have a winning attitude that wasn't around during pioli's time there.

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2013, 03:50 AM
My bad. But you get my point. McCluster and Demps work waaaaaaay too hard to get just a decent return. McCluster dances and spins way too much as if he should be on "Dancing with the Stars" allowing the opposition to catch up with him and Demps takes too long to get top speed of which IMO he does not a have a 5th gear.

Go watch Frankie and I don't care if was going against 2nd and 3rd team STs in pre-season. You can't teach what he does so naturally as a return guy.

As I said in the preseason, it doesn't help your team to cut your best special teams players. Our special teams hasn't been nearly as dominant as we were in the preseason.

TOUCHDOWN!!! KC
10-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Thank you for the great read.

SAUTO
10-28-2013, 06:40 AM
As I said in the preseason, it doesn't help your team to cut your best special teams players. Our special teams hasn't been nearly as dominant as we were in the preseason.
They are also playing against a higher caliber of players...
Posted via Mobile Device

warrior
10-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Good read George

Flowers trailing his guy 5 yards on several plays Smith was burt toast

Ace Gunner
10-28-2013, 06:49 AM

Nah, they just give invalid blanket statements like;

otherstar
10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Great read, as usual!

Wallcrawler
10-28-2013, 07:03 AM
A positive for the offense is that we were playing a damn good defense. 7th in the league against the pass, and 9th in the league against the rush, and we were able to score more than our 19 point average on them, and completely dominate the first half time of possession by 3 to 1.

Unfortunately for the offense, the Browns can also make halftime adjustments and they did that very well, holding us to a late field goal as the only points in the second half, after we dropped 20 on them in the first half.

We left 14 points out there on the field. The horrific overthrow to Fasano would've been a TD. Theres 4 points because we at least got a FG out of it. We missed the 52 yard FG that had plenty of distance but sailed just wide, and I fully believe that if Smith hits Avery on that streak play down the sideline, he's gone.

We scored 23, when we had every opportunity in the world to put up 34 on a top 10 defense.

It has to get worked out, because one of these games is going to be a loss because of plays like these that get left out on the field. It does no good to dominate time of possession, first downs, turnovers, etc... if you cant get any points out of the deal.

KC was dominating the first half statistics, but due to lack of scoring, ONE PLAY put the Browns right back into the game. Its like the 90's all over again. If the defense makes one mistake, it could very well cost us the game, and all the time spent controlling the ball means absolutely nothing.

If this team's goals include winning in the playoffs, this has to get fixed. Teams are so damn good now at just marching down the field when they only need the one score to win or tie that this style of play is just too damn risky.

If the Chiefs could simply break it down, simplify it, and score one touchdown each quarter, they would be golden.

warrior
10-28-2013, 07:14 AM
DJ should get the game ball he was every where.

scho63
10-28-2013, 07:14 AM

10. It was a be-au-ti-ful day for football, and a wonderful day to push the streak to 8-0.
It sure was and while the game itself was no thing of beauty, 8-0 is still 8-0. Your pictures are fantastic and I'd love to know the camera you use. Do you make a lot of camera adjustments or just have a fast shutter speed to prevent any distortion? I love Photobucket and use it for work.

9. The formula worked again. Stingy points on defense, just enough on offense, no critical turnovers, and forced a big turnover in the fourth quarter on special teams. Alex Smith had an OK day.
That pretty much sums it up except Alex Smith still continues to miss big throws and has cost us a TD in at least 5 games this year with bad misses. That throw to Fasano was an easy TD and he missed him by 10 feet, just like the miss to McGrath in the end zone a week or so ago. Smith is better than Cassel but he is no elite QB to rally you back from more than a TD down.

8. Eight guys caught passes, so we continue to spread the ball to anyone and everyone. Bowe only had one catch for seven yards, and that is very troubling.
I can't tell either if it's separation or speed but Bowe seems a step or two slower this year. I'm curious if he is playing heavier than years past. His blocking however has been stellar.

7. Eric Fisher had another bad game.
He has been a HUGE disappointment and I think he must be at the bottom of rankings for O-lineman. As the #1 overall pick he is a complete bust so far. Several people in the bar commented that he looks like a little pipsqueak and needs to bulk up. Too weak and too slow.....

6. Sean Smith had a very bad day.
He looked like he was out for a nice and relaxed Sunday stroll for most of the game. He seemed lost and playing with no intensity.

5. The player of the game was Derrick Johnson.
He made the first two tackles of the game and plays balls out 100% of the time. Just a great player. :clap:

4. Cleveland's offensive line did a very good job in pass protection.
They did a GREAT job in pass protection. Campbell had much more time to throw than Alex Smith did.

3. I think Colquitt's plant knee is still bothering him.
He's not been the same since and I agree.

2. I can't express my man love for Andy Reid enough.
I was in a different bar than normal and there were a lot of Eagles fans and they all said to me, "You must be glad we gave you Andy Reid, I'm sorry Andy left, I always loved Andy Reid." He still has a lot of respect from the fans in Philly

1. As for that cheap shot douche bag Stevie Johnson, I hope Eric Berry knocks the day living crap out of him. How great would 9-0 be? It would be be-au-ti-ful!
It sure would and I HATE Buffalo as much as I hate any other team because they always piss on us. It's time to turn the tide!

Good variety of topics this week Gblowfish! I looked at all your great photos a couple of times.

I had the pleasure of meeting another CP'er yesterday, DC.Chief. We met at a sports bar halfway between our two locations and had a nice time sharing Chiefs stories and watching the game together.

I'm not sure why but yesterday's game was really boring to watch. Maybe because we sucked on offense, missed opportunities to score TD's and kicked FGs instead, and our D really didn't play their best game. If it wasn't for all the help we got from Brown's player Bess, this game could have been a loss.

We must play better all around to keep winning and hopefully it will happen.

Thanks as always GB!!! :D

MahiMike
10-28-2013, 07:19 AM
I'd say other than McCluster, the whole team brought their 'B' game. But we still won.

Andy Reid - another great spot challenge. Paid off. But what was up with declining the punter interference?

Dan Fouts - I never really noticed until yesterday how biased he is against the Chiefs. I couldn't stand listening to them.

Cleveland's OL is legit.

Jason Campbell was one of my picks for FA QB when he left Oakland. He can throw it.

Man I hope we trade for Cleveland's TE or WR!

the Talking Can
10-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Fouts always craps on the Chiefs...big a-hole

Wallcrawler
10-28-2013, 07:47 AM
I'd say other than McCluster, the whole team brought their 'B' game. But we still won.

Andy Reid - another great spot challenge. Paid off. But what was up with declining the punter interference?

Dan Fouts - I never really noticed until yesterday how biased he is against the Chiefs. I couldn't stand listening to them.

Cleveland's OL is legit.

Jason Campbell was one of my picks for FA QB when he left Oakland. He can throw it.

Man I hope we trade for Cleveland's TE or WR!

It wasn't going to be enough for the Chiefs to get a first down, and since the punt and coverage were good, there wasn't any real reason to re-kick and give the Browns a shot at a return and better field position.

trndobrd
10-28-2013, 08:20 AM

In a 16 game season, there will be times when players aren't on their game, coordinators aren't seeing adjustments, and everyone on the team seems half a step slow. On days like this bad teams quit, mediocre teams lose close games, and good teams find a way to win.

BlackHelicopters
10-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Look forward to this every week. Thank you.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Enjoyed it as always. Great pics, recap, and assessments.. thank you.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Nice read as always.

I agree- Lewis was completely confused- he runs to a side that is already double covered? If he does his job it could have been an INT. I think we have seen enough of this guy- the D is worse with him in there.

gblowfish
10-28-2013, 09:16 AM
I agree- Lewis was completely confused- he runs to a side that is already double covered? If he does his job it could have been an INT. I think we have seen enough of this guy- the D is worse with him in there.

The KC Star had an article about a week ago about how much the coaches love Lewis, and that he's the "quarterback of the defense" and watches a lot of film, and he's been playing with a bad shoulder and yap yap yap. I don't get it. He always seems to be out of position. He's terrible in run support -especially compared to Eric Berry- and he takes bad pursuit routes constantly. I hope he can change my mind eventually, but, frankly, I just don't see it.

Mahi Mike said the entire team played its "B" Game yesterday save for McCluster. Maybe on offense. Derrick Johnson definitely brought his "A" Game.

Maybe Bowe didn't get much separation because of his groin injury. He was questionable for the game. He does continue to block like a mother. He sprung Alex Smith down the sideline for a 20 yard scramble. Kudos to Bowe for not getting discouraged and keeping his head in the game.

Eric Fisher does look skinny compared to our other lineman. But he's a kid. He'll grow into it. John Alt wasn't worth a shit his first year either, and he turned out just fine. Growing pains with a rookie. He'll get better, just be patient.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:22 AM
We have two other safties that have made Big plays for us-but yet we still play Lewis who flat out sucks. It is hard to remember the last big play he made-I am sure there was one sometime?

Two weeks in a row Smith has been burned- I would rather see Cooper in there.

This team cannot pick up a Blitz-couldn't in preseason and still can't. On third down-Defenses just need to blitz- it works 90% of the time.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:23 AM
I knew this was going to be a Dog fight-lol the Browns always save their best game of the decade for us.

A win is a win is a win = 8-0 We are number one and the teams behind us struggled too.

Nickel D
10-28-2013, 09:30 AM
"...forced a big turnover in the fourth quarter on special teams." (??!?!)

So you're saying #57 Nico Johnson blew the ball out of the returner's hands from more than 5 yards away?

PUH-LEEZE!!

TEX
10-28-2013, 09:37 AM

It's fair to say so has the O-line...:hmmm: Its NOT just Fish either. Allen, Hudson, AsaBigMofo, and even Brandon Albert at times, seem to all get owned. However, it does mostly occur at RT, followed by LG and C. It is without question the biggest problem on the team...

CaliforniaChief
10-28-2013, 09:42 AM
George, thanks again. I love your front row perspective on the game, something those of us in HD land don't usually get.

My observations:
Positives-
+Knile Davis actually got involved a little bit. More of that would be helpful as DEN approaches.
+Anthony Sherman continues to beast. We actually got the good end of that Arenas deal.
+Jamaal. Enough said.
+D.J. was amazing. That guy is the hub of our defense. He's not slowing down at all. I love how he's built his career.

Negatives
-Alex Smith. Duh. I'm not ready to abandon, but the whole accuracy thing is so wrong. Missed the easy Fasano TD. Missed Avery on a long sideline pass. Was wildly off on 3 or 4 other passes. Even the McCluster TD was all Dexter.
-The O-line. So bummed to see them take a step back, especially Fisher. We really need to solidify things moving forward, and I was hoping that the Texans game was the first step.
-Pressure. Where was it? Was the Cleveland O-line that good yesterday? I know Thomas is great, but what about the right side of their line? We made Campbell look really good yesterday.

Winning rules. But definitely more warning signs. Not feeling as good about this team as I was after the Houston game.

gblowfish
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Scho63 asked me what kind of camera I use. I have a Nikon Coolpix I've used in years past, but lately I've been using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 that I bought on Craigslist from a guy a couple years ago. It's a 2007 model, in 2007 it was about a $400 camera. Not as pricey as a higher end Canon or Nikon, but it does a good job. It's also small so it fits the "camera bag requirements" through security. And the Chiefs won't allow "professional equipment" for photo or video unless you're with the media. This camera has auto zoom and auto focus, and just does a nice job, I've been very happy with it. I think I paid about $150 for it in 2010.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ7/FZ7A.HTM

Old Dog
10-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Well done George, as always. Thank You

ARROW2
10-28-2013, 09:50 AM

2. I can't express my man love for Andy Reid enough. He is undefeated against Cleveland lifetime -he's five and zero. The coaching staff never got rattled, and our time outs were used wisely, and near the end of the game were used to re-set defenses against Cleveland. The pass defense was shaky, but I think Smith just had one of those days as a corner, and it reflected on the final passing stats. Cleveland's tight end Cameron is a very good young player, and gave us some trouble. He averaged over 20 yards per catch today. Look for other teams to exploit our tight end coverage in weeks to come, especially San Diego and Denver.

More like slide 14 please:drool:

gblowfish
10-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Here's the day after roundup in the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/

They think Campbell played a good game (yes, he did) and they're pissed at Bess (they should be.)

Game pictures from the KC Star can be found here:
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/27/4580684/chiefs-23-browns-17.html

I like the one attached:

gblowfish
10-28-2013, 10:00 AM
This picture made me laugh... a lot.
From the KC Star's website:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2v8ppb8.jpg

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Oh I forgot to add Fuck that bumble mouth Shannon Sharpe. We won the game you fucking retard. The donks got lucky in the last half of the game when the Skins flat out quit. Why don't you talk about all the turnovers and lame duck passes Manning threw or his sack fumble (second in two weeks) for another score. What a dumbass!! Worst announcer ever!! You can tell the others hate him two.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 10:01 AM
This picture made me laugh... a lot.
From the KC Star's website:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2v8ppb8.jpg

Awesome!!

Frosty
10-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Negatives
-Alex Smith. Duh. I'm not ready to abandon, but the whole accuracy thing is so wrong. Missed the easy Fasano TD. Missed Avery on a long sideline pass. Was wildly off on 3 or 4 other passes. Even the McCluster TD was all Dexter.

Man, I thought for sure that pass was going to be overthrown. Great catch by Dex.

Molitoth
10-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Man, I thought for sure that pass was going to be overthrown. Great catch by Dex.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that pass was off.

After it happened, the TV guys mentioned "and great pass by Alex Smith"...

I was like WTF, great CATCH by Dex. Props to Alex for making the read, but it was not a great pass by any means.

Beef Supreme
10-28-2013, 10:42 AM
To be fair that pass was perfectly on target for a normal sized human being.

Molitoth
10-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Point made.

petegz28
10-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that pass was off.

After it happened, the TV guys mentioned "and great pass by Alex Smith"...

I was like WTF, great CATCH by Dex. Props to Alex for making the read, but it was not a great pass by any means.

What would have made it better? It was a seam route and perfect throw. That's how you throw those. Dex just had to stick his hands up and catch it. You try to loft that in and the S comes over and makes a play.

Smith made some bad passes yesterday but that was not one of them.

tecumseh
10-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Great post once again. Methinks Smith is doing a pretty decent job considering how ineffective most of the Oline has been. Just rotate Fisher out more if not flat out bench.
Still concerned Chiefs will burn Charles out with so many carries, nice to see him out there though. I agree that Bowe is abit of a quandry, however I'll give him the benefit of the doubt what with the sucky pass blocking. And Kendoll Lewis should not be starting.

Mosbonian
10-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Great post once again. Methinks Smith is doing a pretty decent job considering how ineffective most of the Oline has been. Just rotate Fisher out more if not flat out bench.
Still concerned Chiefs will burn Charles out with so many carries, nice to see him out there though. I agree that Bowe is abit of a quandry, however I'll give him the benefit of the doubt what with the sucky pass blocking. And "Ken-doll" Lewis should not be starting.

Don't know if this was just you spelling it wrong on purpose or making reference to him playing like he was a Ken doll from the Barbie Collection.

lcarus
10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Somebody likes Andy Reid. This is from http://deadspin.com/baby-andy-reid-has-the-best-halloween-costume-1453351367 Sorry if Q

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/194ls1spow0uwjpg/original.jpg

Molitoth
10-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Somebody likes Andy Reid. This is from http://deadspin.com/baby-andy-reid-has-the-best-halloween-costume-1453351367 Sorry if Q

I thought this was a funny comment...

In keeping with the Chiefs theme, Baby Andy Reid won a costume contest by defeating 8 terrible costumes and avoiding the other good ones ..

gblowfish
10-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Apologies if posted before:
How to join the Chiefs Bandwagon:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9891766/nfl-hangover-week-8?src=mobile

GloryDayz
10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Simply said, again, WOW.... Awesome review!

GloryDayz
10-28-2013, 05:14 PM
ShaNONE no-soSharpe talks shit about KC because it's traditionally been a safe bet at some point. He's a dipshit fucking piece of shit who always payed for a team that either outright cheated or played the game in ways that were questioned by most, but Shanarat would embrace. Can't blame them too much for the latter, but it still keeps them in the "piece of shit" category as a team even if they win.

And last, the one thing we'll never change that I think is arguably the league's largest home-field advantage, lack of oxygen at altitude. Can't bitch about it but I'm surprised more teams don't do more to deal with it from the day after their game leading up to their game in Denver.

JENKINSWINS
10-28-2013, 05:27 PM

And the overthrow to Fasano would've hit Vernon Davis in stride.

displacedinMN
10-28-2013, 07:45 PM
g-your stories are great for us

But do you get to enjoy the games or are you making notes?
or---are you that good at multi-tasking?

hometeam
10-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Great write up this week.

The hit by DJ was big, brought the crowd back into it a little bit. Last two weeks the crowd has not come alive until the 4th, I even had some people in my section complaining about people standing.

Gritty win.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2013, 08:07 PM

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Last two weeks the crowd has not come alive until the 4th, I even had some people in my section complaining about people standing.

4 of the last 5 weeks we have had home games. That's a lot of football games to go to. I know my energy level for this week was down just because we have been going so much lately.

Buehler445
10-28-2013, 09:12 PM

I see what you did there.

Kaepernick
10-28-2013, 10:44 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/194ls1spow0uwjpg/original.jpg

Freaking hilarious.

Sandy Vagina
10-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Just going to stick this here, as it's a thread worth bumping anyway...

Struggles Along the Offensive Line

While Rodney Hudson (-5.7), was the least efficient of their offensive lineman, the blame on Sunday wasn’t his alone, with only right guard Jon Asamoah (+1.2) finishing with a positive grade. First overall draft pick Eric Fisher’s (-3.2) tough rookie campaign continued, struggling against the run and allowing a sack, a hit, and three hurries from 47 pass blocking attempts. Left Guard Jeff Allen (-1.2) didn’t struggle as much against the run, but was doomed by his pass blocking with a sack, two hits, and a hurry allowed. It was the opposite for left tackle Branden Albert who allowed less pressure, but struggled more against the run.

On the whole, the line currently sits fifth from bottom in Week 8 in terms of Pass Blocking Efficiency, with a PBE rating of 71.2, not a good outing indeed.

source = PFF

Chris Meck
10-29-2013, 08:19 AM
We have two other safties that have made Big plays for us-but yet we still play Lewis who flat out sucks. It is hard to remember the last big play he made-I am sure there was one sometime?

Two weeks in a row Smith has been burned- I would rather see Cooper in there.

This team cannot pick up a Blitz-couldn't in preseason and still can't. On third down-Defenses just need to blitz- it works 90% of the time.

Smith should've had safety help on the flicker. The one long pass was a hell of an adjustment by the receiver to what appeared to be a poorly thrown, off target pass-either that or Campbell is a genius and threw the ball two yards inside on purpose. Anyway, Smith had good coverage, he just didn't spot the inside throw (the route looked like an outside shoulder throw and the ball went like 6 feet inside. Receiver adjusted.)

I think Smith has been one of the very best pickups we had this offseason. Our pass D is at it's best with Smith and Cooper outside and Flowers on the slot receiver. Rush 5 and kill, baby.

Phobia
10-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Smith should've had safety help on the flicker. The one long pass was a hell of an adjustment by the receiver to what appeared to be a poorly thrown, off target pass-either that or Campbell is a genius and threw the ball two yards inside on purpose. Anyway, Smith had good coverage, he just didn't spot the inside throw (the route looked like an outside shoulder throw and the ball went like 6 feet inside. Receiver adjusted.)

I think Smith has been one of the very best pickups we had this offseason. Our pass D is at it's best with Smith and Cooper outside and Flowers on the slot receiver. Rush 5 and kill, baby.

You're right. He should have had help. But that wasn't the only horrible play from Smith Sunday. He had his worst game by far. His run support was abysmal too.

Nightfyre
10-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Smith's biggest problem is that if he doesn't beat his guy at the line, he looks awfully toasty down the field, imo. He is a press or die corner.

gblowfish
10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
g-your stories are great for us

But do you get to enjoy the games or are you making notes?
or---are you that good at multi-tasking?

I never take notes. And I multi-task by farting on third down.
My wife hates that joke....

displacedinMN
10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I never take notes. And I multi-task by farting on third down.
My wife hates that joke....

:clap:

Chris Meck
10-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Smith's biggest problem is that if he doesn't beat his guy at the line, he looks awfully toasty down the field, imo. He is a press or die corner.

Well, yeah, but that's kind of the deal with playing this type of defense. It's why everyone doesn't play this way. When it works, it's stifling. When you whiff, you look bad.

And their guys get paid, too.

I'm not saying Smith had a great game, I'm just saying I generally feel pretty good with our 3 top corners. He's been a perfect fit so far.