PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm coming out of the closet for Andy Reid

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:50 PM
I am madly in love with him and want his fat babies. He's the only coach that I've admired in this league for over a decade, and I typically don't give a crap about other coaches besides KC coaches. I've always liked how he handled himself and how he is a down to earth genuine guy who is liked by almost everyone. He's the best coach in the league right now for what he's done here (including and especially putting together a great staff) and he's been amongst the best coaches in this league for a decade or longer. The Eagles are dumb for firing him. So ya know...screw them and yay for us. Great hire Clark.

Rausch
10-27-2013, 07:51 PM
uH...

Bugeater
Offense sucks, still hasn't won us a playoff game.

BryanBusby
excellent post

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Offense sucks, still hasn't won us a playoff game.

We may get destroyed in the playoffs but my (now public) feelings for Reid won't change because of it.

crossbow
10-27-2013, 07:54 PM
The perfect selection for the situation the franchise was in.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't think Philly was wrong to fire him. It was time for both parties to mutually separate. Generally if a HC doesn't win a title in 10 years with a team, it's never gonna happen.

The Eagles are finding out though, that the grass isnt always greener........

cosmo20002
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I am madly in love with him and want his fat babies. He's the only coach that I've admired in this league for over a decade, and I typically don't give a crap about other coaches besides KC coaches. I've always liked how he handled himself and how he is a down to earth genuine guy who is liked by almost everyone. He's the best coach in the league right now for what he's done here (including and especially putting together a great staff) and he's been amongst the best coaches in this league for a decade or longer. The Eagles are dumb for firing him. So ya know...screw them and yay for us. Great hire Clark.

We're 8-0 so I do love him, but I'm just not IN love with him. We'll see. I might consider something more serious if things continue to progress.

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't think Philly was wrong to fire him. It was time for both parties to mutually separate. Generally if a HC doesn't win a title in 10 years with a team, it's never gonna happen.

The Eagles are finding out though, that the grass isnt always greener........

Yeah sometimes a coach or player needs a fresh start somewhere new. Even the great ones.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
If he doesn't move on from Alex Smith at the end of 2014, he's an idiot.

Mav
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM

The only way that he doesn't move on. Alex Smith wins a super bowl.

lcarus
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
We're 8-0 so I do love him, but I'm just not IN love with him. We'll see. I might consider something more serious if things continue to progress.

I'm keeping my expectations pretty grounded. I'm not forgetting where we've been the last couple of years. We still have flaws obviously and he couldn't fix every hole this team had. And let's face it, no team has a Pro Bowl player at every position. There's gonna be some less than stellar players in every teams starting lineup.

Consistent1
10-27-2013, 08:00 PM

They have not been in a position to get a good QB unless you want to argue about Dorsey and Jackson.

I can understand that, but there hasn't been too many guys like Luck just sitting there.

Baby Lee
10-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Under the shirt, over the bra?

Brock
10-27-2013, 08:01 PM
He is a hell of a coach.

lcarus
10-27-2013, 08:02 PM

Hopefully by next year, Bray will move up to 2nd string. Hopefully by 2014, Bray is at least in consideration to be a starter. Maybe I'm too hopeful for Bray, but if Reid gets us to the playoffs this year and next with Alex while at the same time developing Bray to be a starting level QB, I'll love the guy even more.

Prison Bitch
10-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Eerily similar to Marty and what he brought here (and took when he left)

lcarus
10-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Eerily similar to Marty and what he brought here (and took when he left)

He's got these players gelled together as a family. They'd run through a barbed wire fence for the guy.

okcchief
10-27-2013, 10:29 PM

This doesn't concern me. He wasn't afraid to move on from McNabb and Vick. Unless Alex Smith wins a superbowl in the next 2 years he's gone.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Radio station bans Dexter Manley for slurring Troy Aikman
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT

Former Washington defensive end Dexter Manley won’t be welcome back on D.C. radio station WTOP after he directed a gay slur toward former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman on the air today.

According to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post, Manley appeared on WTOP this morning and was asked about listening to Aikman handle the color commentary on Sunday’s Washington-Denver game. Manley answered by slurring Aikman.

“I think Troy was a queer,” Manley said.

When the WTOP hosts told Manley they didn’t think that was appropriate, Manley initially said he wouldn’t apologize but then backed down.

“I’m sorry about that,” Manley said. “I take that back. . . . I apologize.”

It’s good that Manley apologized, but WTOP Vice President of News and Programming Jim Farley wrote on Twitter that Manley’s apology after the fact was not enough.

“We were shocked and stunned when he said it. Needless to say he will not be back on WTOP,” Farley wrote.

Manley has been making regular appearances on WTOP this season but will do so no longer.

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:25 AM
The only way that he doesn't move on. Alex Smith wins a super bowl.

Not so sure about that.