PDA

View Full Version : Football Brandon Meriweather

Lprechaun
10-28-2013, 02:10 PM
He went on to explain how he’ll have to play defense going forward.

“To be honest, you’ve just got to go low now,” Meriweather said, according to Sports Illustrated (via ESPN radio). “You gotta end people’s careers.”

“You gotta tear people’s ACLs. Mess up people’s knees. You can’t hit them high anymore. You’ve just got to go low.”
YAY, wonder whose career he ends when we play them. :cuss:

Direckshun
10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Jesus.

Link?

ThaVirus
10-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I think he's just frustrated with the leagues rule changes; not actually saying he's going to go out attempting to shred up people's knees.

Lprechaun
10-28-2013, 02:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/brandon-meriweather-lashes-out-after-returning-from-suspension/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9893116/brandon-meriweather-washington-redskins-rips-brandon-marshall-vows-target-opposing-players-knees

BlackHelicopters
10-28-2013, 02:24 PM
When in doubt, shut up.

Lprechaun
10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I think he's just frustrated with the leagues rule changes; not actually saying he's going to go out attempting to shred up people's knees.

Im just glad we dont play him this week.

MTG#10
10-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I think he's just frustrated with the leagues rule changes; not actually saying he's going to go out attempting to shred up people's knees.This. You people are reading too much into this, he's obviously putting the NFL and their absurd rule changes on blast.

Lprechaun
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
This. You people are reading too much into this, he's obviously putting the NFL and their absurd rule changes on blast.

And if Suh said this you would say the same thing? Both players on the same level. He is just crazy enough to try and prove his point.

Bowser
10-28-2013, 03:12 PM
The NFL has become so paranoid and gun shy about future lawsuits involving head trauma that this is what it is coming to for defenders. He's just saying basically what every defender is thinking.

I'm not condoning his line of thinking, just saying...

Dante84
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
I think he's making a point that the NFL is forcing players to go low, and that its stupid.

I dont think he's saying that he wants to end people's careers.

Context, people.

saphojunkie
10-28-2013, 03:17 PM
I preferred this part of the story, on Brandon Marshall:

"He (Brandon Marshall) feels like I need to be kicked out of the league. I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too. ... You tell me who you'd rather have? Someone who plays aggressive on the field or someone who beat up their girlfriend?"

:bravo:

Just Passin' By
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I think he's making a point that the NFL is forcing players to go low, and that its stupid.

I dont think he's saying that he wants to end people's careers.

Context, people.

This

And other players have chimed in on this in the past. Swearinger ended Keller's season because he was afraid to hit high, according to him, and players have said that they'd rather be hit in the head than the knee because of the time lost to knee injuries.

Strongside
10-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Captain Rog is gonna fine this prick hardcore.

Bowser
10-28-2013, 04:12 PM
This

And other players have chimed in on this in the past. Swearinger ended Keller's season because he was afraid to hit high, according to him, and players have said that they'd rather be hit in the head than the knee because of the time lost to knee injuries.

Keyshawn Johnson was talking about this today. Said he would much rather risk rehabbing from a concussion than a blown ACL/MCL/PCL.

MotherfuckerJones
10-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm fine with everything except him talking about shredding knees and ending careers. You can hit low but don't be trying to end people's careers

notorious
10-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Merriweather is a piece of shit, but his quote about Marshall is 100% spot on. LMAO

Bowser
10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
I preferred this part of the story, on Brandon Marshall:

"He (Brandon Marshall) feels like I need to be kicked out of the league. I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too. ... You tell me who you'd rather have? Someone who plays aggressive on the field or someone who beat up their girlfriend?"

:bravo:

Heh, nice.

seaofred
10-28-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm fine with everything except him talking about shredding knees and ending careers. You can hit low but don't be trying to end people's careers

I don't think he was sayin he is goin to try to end someone's career, just that it is the likely out come.

ModSocks
10-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Keyshawn Johnson was talking about this today. Said he would much rather risk rehabbing from a concussion than a blown ACL/MCL/PCL.

That's nice and all. But the NFL would rather these players have career ending injuries and never walk right again than to have one get a concussion and risk being sued.

hometeam
10-28-2013, 04:41 PM

He is being facetious.

basically he is saying if they cant hit high for fear of concussion they have to hit low and risk knee injuries, not that he is literally TRYING to hurt peoples knees.

bshmerlie
10-28-2013, 04:42 PM
That's nice and all. But the NFL would rather these players have career ending injuries and never walk right again than to have one get a concussion and risk being sued.

Yes...but years from now those players who blew out their knees will then sue because the rules were changed in a way that caused that outcome.

wazu
10-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Just so we're clear, according to Meriwether a player's head is connected directly to their knee. There is nothing in between.

BryanBusby
10-28-2013, 06:34 PM

Keyshawn Johnson just enforced the leagues stance even more because we all know he's a fucking idiot.

BWillie
10-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Love the quote by Merriweather....a big F you for the No Fun League....good quote to spur some media attention by their outlandish girlyman rule. He's trying to play sarcastaball

BryanBusby
10-28-2013, 06:37 PM
LMAO at anyone who thinks he's smart enough to be sarcastic

Gravedigger
10-28-2013, 06:37 PM
I swear if Stevie Johnson or Merriweather takes one of our guys out and says, "Oh well that's the game." I'm going to be pissed.

Wallcrawler
10-28-2013, 06:40 PM
There's some truth to it though.

Look what happened to Benjamin in the Browns game on that punt return. Clean tackle ripped the dudes knee up. When you go low, at the speed that these guys play at, it doesn't take much at all to destroy a knee. They are only supposed to bend one direction.

Basic rules now are you can powderpuff hit quarterbacks if youre careful and you don't hit anybody high at all.

At some point you have to just put the responsibility on the players. Football is, and has always been a violent, dangerous sport. You cant go in there, get your dick knocked in the dirt and then complain because the boys were playing too rough. You are making a conscious decision to expose yourself to situations where grown men are going to be running as fast as they can and hitting you as hard as they possibly can. If youre not willing to live with the consequences, perhaps you need an opportunity for growth in a different field of employment.

If you don't want to get hit, grab your pom-poms and go try out for the cheerleaders.

ThaVirus
10-28-2013, 06:41 PM
LMAO at anyone who thinks he's smart enough to be sarcastic

I actually watched the interview on ESPN today and definitely didn't think he was being malicious.

I went to Youtube to look for some interviews to see if your statement had any truth. It appears it may have..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p9J4y9p29O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>