PDA

View Full Version : KU No candy for fat kids this Halloween

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 09:14 AM
YES I LOVE OBAMA'S AMERICA

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9306166

FARGO, ND (KTRK) -- No candy for overweight kids. That's the message one woman is sending to trick or treaters this Halloween.

A woman in Fargo, North Dakota called into a radio station and claimed she will not hand out candy to children she believes are 'moderately obese.'

Instead she plans to give those kids a letter to take home to their parents which claims its "irresponsible" to let them trick or treat.

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=ktrk&section=&mediaId=9306212&parentId=9306166&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=ktrk&section=&mediaId=9306212&parentId=9306166&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

http://media2.abcactionnews.com//photo/2013/10/30/no_candy_letter_640x480_20131030041549_640_480.JPG

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 09:15 AM
The letter states: "You child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season."

LMAO

kcchiefsus
10-30-2013, 09:16 AM
I guess no candy for you Clay.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 09:16 AM
I smell eggs. A messy shitload of eggs.

mdchiefsfan
10-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Wow LMAO

gosampel
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM

Oh yes

tooge
Meh. Screw the little fat bastards. They are and will continue to drain the American health care system throughout their lives. The letter is a bit excessive though. How about a stalk of celery instead.

lcarus
I actually feel bad for the little tubby kids that get this letter.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I guess no candy for you Clay.

I'M NOT FAT

AND EVEN WHEN I WAS

I DIDN'T CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN

IT IS A PAGAN CULT TRADITION

journeyscarab
10-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I see a run on TP, eggs, and plastic forks at the local supermarkets in Fargo.

tooge
10-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I used to steal the "good" candy, like the little Snickers, from my kids when they were real little. Now they give me the circus peanuts and shit.

allen_kcCard
Plastic forks?

Frazod
I'M NOT FAT

AND EVEN WHEN I WAS

I'll take Irreparably Emotionally Crippled for $1,000, Alex.

kepp
10-30-2013, 09:23 AM
I used to steal the "good" candy, like the little Snickers, from my kids when they were real little. Now they give me the circus peanuts and shit.

I "tax" my kids by taking all their mini Heath bars.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 09:24 AM
I "tax" my kids by taking all their mini Heath bars.

You... Heathen!

Strongside
Muufucka you child be obese as haaayl. Make that lil nigga stop eatin candy.

ptlyon
Plastic forks?

I prefer sporks

rageeumr
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
If you're going to be "that person" on Halloween, give out apples to everybody. Don't be a dick and single kids out.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Good for her. You wouldn't give a crack addict more crack so support their destructive behavior, right? So why would you give those little fat bastards candy and help them continue on the path of a lifetime of major health issues that tax payers will be forced to foot the bill for.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Brillant. I'm printing up my own notes right now. Fat fuckers.

journeyscarab
10-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Plastic forks?

Ever fork someones yard?

http://cgreenaway.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/forked1.jpg

kepp
10-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Ever fork someones yard?

I have never heard of that.

Sannyasi
10-30-2013, 09:27 AM

The little fat kids will probably go home and fry the eggs instead of throwing them.

journeyscarab
10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
I have never heard of that.

Guess thats old school. We did it a few times.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Ever fork someones yard?

Kinky. But it sounds like a lot of work. I would rather hang their cat, if they had one.

warpaint*
10-30-2013, 09:30 AM

Man...it's wrong and all but knowing myself at that age if it happened to me I can tell you right now that's exactly how I would have responded.

This woman's behavior is arrogant, absurd, presumptuous, mean, and meddlesome and frankly she'll be lucky if that's all she gets in return. She's a real piece of work.

The expert they talked to is right on the $ in terms of it doing more harm than good.

warpaint*
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
If you're going to be "that person" on Halloween, give out apples to everybody. Don't be a dick and single kids out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KCUnited
10-30-2013, 09:32 AM
This is why I pass out cigarettes. Curb that appetite fatty.

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 09:36 AM
This woman's behavior is arrogant, absurd, presumptuous, mean, and meddlesome and frankly she'll be lucky if that's all she gets in return.

This is absolutely correct which is why I can't agree with the woman's method.

At the same time, there's no fucking reason a child should ever be obese. That's 100% a parenting fail.

Fish
10-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Good for her. You wouldn't give a crack addict more crack so support their destructive behavior, right? So why would you give those little fat bastards candy and help them continue on the path of a lifetime of major health issues that tax payers will be forced to foot the bill for.

Being a judgmental prick regarding Halloween candy isn't going to do one single bit of good for that fat kid's issue. Fat kids need a lifestyle change, but making a stink in the middle of a silly festival centered around candy isn't going to change the little fatty's situation. It's just going to piss people off.

kepp
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Ephedra capsules wouldn't have those nasty side effects.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Being a judgmental prick regarding Halloween candy isn't going to do one single bit of good for that fat kid's issue. Fat kids need a lifestyle change, but making a stink in the middle of a silly festival centered around candy isn't going to change the little fatty's situation. It's just going to piss people off.

Maybe they'll get pissed off enough to eat a fucking salad once in a while

Reerun_KC
10-30-2013, 09:44 AM
I'll take Irreparably Emotionally Crippled for $1,000, Alex.

ROFL well done sir...

Dayze
10-30-2013, 09:46 AM
she should just hand out slices of celery

eazyb81
10-30-2013, 09:47 AM
That is fckign hilarious. Must suck to be a fat kid.

warpaint*
10-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Maybe they'll get pissed off enough to eat a ****ing salad once in a while

What's more likely is fatty may become more self conscious about his/her image than before, may get made fun of by friends if there are any w/ him/her. Which fosters depression. Which unfortunately does not foster healthy lifestyle changes but rather the opposite and may actually lead to eating more.

At least in terms of this particular subject this woman doesn't know her head from her butt.

Fish
10-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Maybe they'll get pissed off enough to eat a fucking salad once in a while

Yeah, I'm sure their first response to being criticized for their weight will be to run out and eat a salad.

It's not the kids' fault. It's parenting fail. And you don't improve someone's parenting methods by simply calling their kid fat and denying them candy in the middle of Halloween festivities.

mdchiefsfan
10-30-2013, 09:51 AM

LMAO

gblowfish
10-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Somebody's car in Fargo is about to get keyed....

blaise
She's about to learn what the trick portion of trick-or-treat means.

Fire Me Boy!
Meh. Screw the little fat bastards. They are and will continue to drain the American health care system throughout their lives. The letter is a bit excessive though. How about a stalk of celery instead.

As I've stated before (along with a link), healthy people are a bigger cost long-term. Healthy people die of slow, expensive diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's. Fat, unhealthy people die quicker and ultimately cost less.

HemiEd
10-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Good for this lady. :thumb:

ptlyon
She's about to learn what the trick portion of trick-or-treat means.

I got a rock/Charlie Brown

Fire Me Boy!

This. And my biggest problem is she's doing this with at least some amount of anonymity. She's giving this letter to the kids hoping the parents will see, but she didn't sign it, she didn't leave any contact info... if you're going to take that kind of stand, then be a grownup and stand behind your convictions.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 09:58 AM
What's more likely is fatty may become more self conscious about his/her image than before, may get made fun of by friends if there are any w/ him/her. Which fosters depression. Which unfortunately does not foster healthy lifestyle changes but rather the opposite and may actually lead to eating more.

At least in terms of this particular subject this woman doesn't know her head from her butt.

This. All of it.

BlackHelicopters
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
I prefer sporks

Sporks are underrated as eating utensils.

seclark
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM
one year the wife and I were out of town for Halloween. wife left a bowl of candy w/our high school aged sons to hand out.

they ate all the candy and handed out fuckin cans of green beans and cream corn to all the kids. we didn't find out about it for several months...one of the neighborhood mothers mentioned it to the wife at a bbq.

little bastards.
sec

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 10:03 AM
one year the wife and I were out of town for Halloween. wife left a bowl of candy w/our high school aged sons to hand out.

they ate all the candy and handed out ****in cans of green beans and cream corn to all the kids. we didn't find out about it for several months...one of the neighborhood mothers mentioned it to the wife at a bbq.

little bastards.
sec

Creamed corn is pretty good stuff... :shrug:

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Instead if being a cunt, she should have given the fat kids fruit or veggies.

NinerDoug
10-30-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking that the burning bag of dogshit on the front porch is the appropriate response to this letter.

Graystoke
10-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Did anyone ever Trick or Treat at Dentist house?

Don't.
My Mom would make us because he handed out tooth brushes and Nickels.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 10:05 AM
It's not the kids' fault. It's parenting fail. And you don't improve someone's parenting methods by simply calling their kid fat and denying them candy in the middle of Halloween festivities.

I agree that it is the parents fault but, seeing the note in their kids bag instead of candy SHOULD be a wake up call to them. Instead, they try to portray this woman as some kind of monster for pointing out that their little blob is too fat and should be taught healthier eating habits.

Sadly trick or treating is likely the most exercise many fat kids get all year

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 10:06 AM

they ate all the candy and handed out fuckin cans of green beans and cream corn to all the kids. we didn't find out about it for several months...one of the neighborhood mothers mentioned it to the wife at a bbq.

little bastards.
sec

LMAO

kepp
10-30-2013, 10:08 AM

they ate all the candy and handed out ****in cans of green beans and cream corn to all the kids. we didn't find out about it for several months...one of the neighborhood mothers mentioned it to the wife at a bbq.

little bastards.
sec

Have they considered a career in politics?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Today's kids are such pussies. In my day we went to the emegency room from razor blades and ground glass in candy/apples/popcorn balls.

Instead of therapy for a ****ing letter. WITH A ****IN JACK-O-LATERN ON IT>

PUSSIES

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree that it is the parents fault but, seeing the note in their kids bag instead of candy SHOULD be a wake up call to them. Instead, they try to portray this woman as some kind of monster for pointing out that their little blob is too fat and should be taught healthier eating habits.

Sadly trick or treating is likely the most exercise many fat kids get all yearIts none of her business. Period.
She should not have handed out any candy. Or, like a said, just given out a healthy alternative.

This isn't a fucking Nanny State.

lcarus
10-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Some kids are fat and end up fine later. In fact, some of the fat kids from when I was a kid are now normal. A lot of the "skinny" kids are now fat. Particularly a lot of girls. For the ones who are lifetime fattys, so be it. Whether the bitch gives them a fun size Reese's or not isn't gonna make a god damn bit of difference so why bother singling them out? They're kids.

And anyone who says they wouldn't give a piece of candy to a chubby kid on Halloween because they "don't want to contribute to their obesity and then make society fit the bill later on" should be disemboweled with a wooden cooking spoon.

phisherman
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Its none of her business. Period.
She should not have handed out any candy. Or, like a said, just given out a healthy alternative.

THIS. Some would call this relativism, but I don't care what eating habits someone else teaches their kids.

Let's start worrying more about ourselves than others folks. Get your own house in order before you start blasting everyone else's.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Did people really play the taxpayer card? seriously?
What a factory of sadness

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Is Omaha doing the screening?

Skyy God
10-30-2013, 10:23 AM

Fatties and smokers actually consume less healthcare, since they die a buttery, phlegm-filled death much sooner than the healthy.

Phobia
10-30-2013, 10:24 AM

Reese doesn't like snickers. It's the damndest thing. Sucks for me. So now some houses have been sending notes home with her; "Your dad is moderately obese..."

luv
10-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Plastic forks?

You've never been forked?

fan4ever
10-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I have a VERY scary Haunted House set up at my place; little kids often go running from my front door so at least I can feel good in that they're getting some exercise.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 10:29 AM
You've never been forked?

Reported.

KCUnited
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
My son could stand to lose 10-12, I left it up to him to go as Biily Butler or Andy Reid, so we make it work.

luv
10-30-2013, 10:32 AM

Sadly trick or treating is likely the most exercise many fat kids get all year

Why so much hate? You are filled with hate. It's not healthy.

And, yeah, like the bag is not also going to have candy in it. :rolleyes:

mikeyis4dcats.
10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope the fat little fuckers band together and burn down her house.

warpaint*
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM
This. And my biggest problem is she's doing this with at least some amount of anonymity. She's giving this letter to the kids hoping the parents will see, but she didn't sign it, she didn't leave any contact info... if you're going to take that kind of stand, then be a grownup and stand behind your convictions.

Didn't even think about this. Great point.

GloryDayz
10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Is Bevischief behind this???!!!

OMG, I think the chick better rethink handing out that letter unless she's really tough...

tooge
10-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Man...it's wrong and all but knowing myself at that age if it happened to me I can tell you right now that's exactly how I would have responded.

This woman's behavior is arrogant, absurd, presumptuous, mean, and meddlesome and frankly she'll be lucky if that's all she gets in return. She's a real piece of work.

The expert they talked to is right on the $ in terms of it doing more harm than good.

except that if you were a fat kid, you'd have momma fry those eggs up into an egg and cheese omelet and eat it with bacon and buttered toast

bevischief
10-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Is Bevischief behind this???!!!

OMG, I think the chick better rethink handing out that letter unless she's really tough...

I only just heard about this about an hour ago. I have no idea who this woman is.

tooge
10-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Did anyone ever Trick or Treat at Dentist house?

Don't.
My Mom would make us because he handed out tooth brushes and Nickels.

he's a dumbass. I hand out coke and energy drinks. Meth for the teenagers.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Its none of her business. Period.

I'm sure smokers made the same argument and yet, non smokers forced their will upon them.

As long as taxpayers have to foot the bill for fat people when they become too fat and sick to work, it IS her business.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
I only just heard about this about an hour ago. I have no idea who this woman is.

If you find out, she needs to be CP'd

Graystoke
10-30-2013, 10:45 AM
he's a dumbass. I hand out coke and energy drinks. Meth for the teenagers.

Address please.

seclark
10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm sure smokers made the same argument and yet, non smokers forced their will upon them.

As long as taxpayers have to foot the bill for fat people when they become too fat and sick to work, it IS her business.

ROFL
you should probably delete some pics in your album, buddy.
sec

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
She is a terrible parent for two reasons:

1. Feeds her kid crap
2. Posts this letter to gain publicity at the expense of said fat kid.

A good parent would've ripped it up and thrown it away.

bevischief
10-30-2013, 10:50 AM
If you find out, she needs to be CP'd

Supposedly some radio station interviewed her today.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 10:51 AM
She is a terrible parent for two reasons:

1. Feeds her kid crap
2. Posts this letter to gain publicity at the expense of said fat kid.

A good parent would've ripped it up and thrown it away.

:spock:

A woman in Fargo, North Dakota called into a radio station and claimed she will not hand out candy to children she believes are 'moderately obese.'

Instead she plans to give those kids a letter to take home to their parents which claims its "irresponsible" to let them trick or treat.

The woman that wrote the letter posted it...

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Why so much hate? You are filled with hate. It's not healthy.

And, yeah, like the bag is not also going to have candy in it. :rolleyes:

How do you get hate out of anything I said? Just because I agree with the woman that kids should be taught to eat healthier, it doesn't mean I hate fat kids. The letter may be over the top, but the premise is a good one

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Yay! GO Socialism!

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 10:53 AM
:spock:

The woman that wrote the letter posted it...

Busted! I didn't read the article.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Yay! GO Socialism!

Obamacare

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
How do you get hate out of anything I said? Just because I agree with the woman that kids should be taught to eat healthier, it doesn't mean I hate fat kids. The letter may be over the top, but the premise is a good one

Children SHOULD be taught to eat healthier.

Just not in this fashion.

Like I said, it's not her business.

stevieray
10-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Happy Halloween!
Happy Holidays neighbor!

....you might've noticed the burning bag of dog **** on your front porch. know the old saying every village has it's idiot? well, this village of Fargo Moorhead and West Fargo think the crown is yoursl

I find your self aggrandizing attitude to be unhealthy and generally not condusive to a holiday meant for kids.

My hope is that you'll step up as a neighbor and keep your nosey disposition to yourself and pass out rotten apples, so the neighborhood knows which house to avoid.

thank you

Strongside
10-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I remember living in Slidell, LA as a kid...went trick or treating, and this dude answered the door in full-on Klan garb. He was handing out pamphlets about the klan and vanilla Hershey Kisses...I lol'ed.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Busted! I didn't read the article.

Wow. Couldn't even be bothered to read two of the first three paragraphs in the OP? You didn't even have to click on the link to get that much...

cosmo20002
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Ever fork someones yard?

That's probably good for the lawn. They say you should aerate every year. Did him a favor.

notorious
10-30-2013, 10:57 AM
If there was ever a thread that includes candy and Halloween that would end up in DC, this is it.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 10:58 AM
I remember living in Slidell, LA as a kid...went trick or treating, and this dude answered the door in full-on Klan garb. He was handing out pamphlets about the klan and vanilla Hershey Kisses...I lol'ed.

Slidell, LA. Worst pizza I have ever had in my life, bar none, second isn't even close, was in Slidell, LA.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Wow. Couldn't even be bothered to read two of the first three paragraphs in the OP? You didn't even have to click on the link to get that much...

Dude, chill out. I didn't bother to read it. I'm really sorry. I lost the internet today. Again, so sorry.

notorious
10-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Female version of Omaha?

Fire Me Boy!
Dude, chill out. I didn't bother to read it. I'm really sorry. I lost the internet today. Again, so sorry.

Didn't intend to come off pissed off. A little flabbergasted, maybe. 'sallgood.

ptlyon
If there was ever a thread that includes candy and Halloween that would end up in DC, this is it.

Almost to 100 & it hasn't been thrown there.

Yet.

warpaint*
10-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Happy Halloween!
Happy Holidays neighbor!

....you might've noticed the burning bag of dog **** on your front porch. know the old saying every village has it's idiot? well, this village of Fargo Moorhead and West Fargo think the crown is yoursl

I find your self aggrandizing attitude to be unhealthy and generally not condusive to a holiday meant for kids.

My hope is that you'll step up as a neighbor and keep your nosey disposition to yourself and pass out rotten apples, so the neighborhood knows which house to avoid.

thank you

Yes.

Strongside
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Slidell, LA. Worst pizza I have ever had in my life, bar none, second isn't even close, was in Slidell, LA.

Welcome to Slidell. Horrible Pizza. Modest Klan Presence.

Valiant
10-30-2013, 11:14 AM
I'M NOT FAT

AND EVEN WHEN I WAS

Yep just like xmas.

MahiMike
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Good for her. Screw the enablers in today's society.

Reason #1155 why China is kicking our ass.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Good for her.

You're cheering for a coward.

Bugeater
10-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Anonymity? I hardly think so. You think the kids aren't going to notice her slipping a sheet of paper into a bag instead of a piece of candy?

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 11:18 AM
ROFL
you should probably delete some pics in your album, buddy.
sec

Well let's see, I'm 46 years old, have a very physical job where I outwork 20 somethings on a daily basis, have NO medical issues & take no meds. I may be carrying a few extra pounds but, I'm happy with where I'm at

HoneyBadger
10-30-2013, 11:21 AM
I guess we can tell who has all the fat kids around here: The ones getting mad at this lady

Mr. Laz
10-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Halloween is one of many Holidays that should probably be ended.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Anonymity? I hardly think so. You think the kids aren't going to notice her slipping a sheet of paper into a bag instead of a piece of candy?

She'll get a fair amount just from kids that won't remember where they got the letter, and she's certainly not standing up and saying, "I'm responsible for this." She wouldn't even give the radio station her last name, assuming "Cheryl" is her actual first name.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Halloween is one of many Holidays that should probably be ended.

Not if Reese and his cronies have anything to say about it.

BigCatDaddy
The world needs more people like this lady. Bravo maam. Bravo.

notorious
Omaha's Mother,"What do we have here? A fairy, a witch, and Ironman!!!"

Jumping up and down, Little Johnny asks,"What am I, What am I?!"

Omaha's Mother, "You're Fat!"

seclark
10-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Well let's see, I'm 46 years old, have a very physical job where I outwork 20 somethings on a daily basis, have NO medical issues & take no meds. I may be carrying a few extra pounds but, I'm happy with where I'm at

oh, it looks good on you.
keep telling those kids to mix in a salad.
sec

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:27 AM
We are actually looking at a generation of kids who might not outlive their parents. That's how bad the childhood obesity projections are.

Think about that.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
sec

It's not about the kids. It's about the parents feeding their kids shit and using "they're growing" as an excuse.

seclark
10-30-2013, 11:30 AM
It's not about the kids. It's about the parents feeding their kids shit and using "they're growing" as an excuse.

well then, why not take it up w/the parents in person instead of a chicken-shit note sent home w/a kid?
sec

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
what if a skinny kid dresses up like a fatty?

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
sec

I will.

BTW I've put on 20 lbs since high school (most of which has come over the past ten years). Again, I'm healthy & happy which a lot of people my age can't say

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I wonder how fat the lady is who wrote the letter

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:35 AM
well then, why not take it up w/the parents in person instead of a chicken-shit note sent home w/a kid?
sec

Look, I'm not defending the note. That said, nobody is going to go door-to-door and tell people their kid is overweight.

But, we as a society need to quit defending people who make blatantly poor choices for their children and dismissing it as their right to raise their kids. That's utter bull shit. Kids are fat. It's getting worse. Parents need to be held accountable.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Look, I'm not defending the note. That said, nobody is going to go door-to-door and tell people their kid is overweight.

But, we as a society need to quit defending people who make blatantly poor choices for their children and dismissing it as their right to raise their kids. That's utter bull shit. Kids are fat. It's getting worse. Parents need to be held accountable.

:clap:

seclark
I will.

BTW I've put on 20 lbs since high school (most of which has come over the past ten years). Again, I'm healthy & happy which a lot of people my age can't say

whatever. i'm happy for you.
do as I say...
sec

notorious

We don't defend them in society. In fact, it is probably the other way around.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:38 AM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

gblowfish
This is the same type of psycho moron who would stiff a waiter for being Gay...

mikeyis4dcats.

and a letter like this does ZERO to help or change that.

If she's so concerned about health, she could give out sugar-free candy or something healthy. Instead she's relishing in being a snarky cunt.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
We don't defend them in society. In fact, it is probably the other way around.

There is a large portion of our population that doesn't believe in "infringing on the rights" of parents to feed their kids what they want.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
We are actually looking at a generation of kids who might not outlive their parents. That's how bad the childhood obesity projections are.

Think about that.

That's misleading. That implies the kids will die first. What you mean (and is true and frightening) is a generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.

stevieray
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
There is a large portion of our population that doesn't believe in "infringing on the rights" of parents to feed their kids what they want.

...nothing wrong with that.

....just like there is a small portion of our population who does believe in infringing on the rights of parents to feed their kids what they want.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
That's misleading. That implies the kids will die first. What you mean (and is true and frightening) is a generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.

Yes, true.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
...nothing wrong with that.

<b>....just like there is a small portion of our population who does believe in infringing on the rights of parents to feed their kids what they want.</b>

And in some cases it's so bad I think it could be called child abuse.

loochy
10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Instead she's relishing in being a snarky cunt.

It's rather fun. You should try it.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:48 AM
...because they can.

....just like there is a small portion of our population who does believe in infringing on the rights of parents to feed their kids what they want.

You're right. They certainly can. And public health projections are fucking frightening because of it.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
And in some cases it's so bad I think it could be called child abuse.

Yep, when your 10yo weighs 200 pounds, you're not fit to be a parent

seclark
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
for the record, I do believe it's the parents responsibility to see that their kids eat right.

I also believe that strangers should mind their own business.

we all have our own personal problems...worry about yourself.

sec

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
It's pretty ****ing sad. Mom (or dad) buys nothing but shit. Kid eats shit. Kid never has a ****ing chance and grows up to eat nothing but shit.

We see this every damn day. Yeah, it starts to wear on you a bit.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM
It's pretty ****ing sad. Mom (or dad) buys nothing but shit. Kid eats shit. Kid never has a ****ing chance and grows up to eat nothing but shit.

We see this every damn day. Yeah, it starts to wear on you a bit.

You could add that Mom (or dad) can't afford anything but shit. Because Little Deabbies are cheaper than apples.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
God damn, some people are so fucking stupid... :shake:

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 11:57 AM
You could add that Mom (or dad) can't afford anything but shit. Because Little Deabbies are cheaper than apples.

Garden?

gblowfish
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
If she had any real integrity, she'd put a scale on her front porch with a sign: "Must weigh under 120 lbs to get candy, lard ass..."

fan4ever
and a letter like this does ZERO to help or change that.

If she's so concerned about health, she could give out sugar-free candy or something healthy. Instead she's relishing in being a snarky ****.

Exactly. If she really wanted to help, she would have handed out sugar free candy and maybe included a letter with statistics about childhood obesity/diabetes...maybe a website listed for healthy eating alternatives for kids, etc...y'know, educate instead of judge...snarky **** is right on the money.

Fire Me Boy!
Garden?

Not a lot of garden opportunities if you don't own, and damn near impossible if you're in an urban environment.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 11:59 AM
for the record, I do believe it's the parents responsibility to see that their kids eat right.

I also believe that strangers should mind their own business.

we all have our own personal problems...worry about yourself.

sec

If the parents pay for all of their child's medical issues that come with being fat, then they can feed them a bucket of lard every day for all I care. Sadly that's not how it usually goes and because of that, we all have to pay for the irresponsibility of parents because they think it's cute when their little pork chop eats a bucket of chicken with a gallon of gravy on the side.

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Yep, when your 10yo weighs 200 pounds, you're not fit to be a parent

This. I'm sure it is bad everywhere but since I moved to Houston from KC I see way more of it. I'm not talking about big boned or pudgy kids who haven't hit their growth spurt. I'm talking gilbert grape's mom at 8 years old. It seems almost abusive to me, but how do you fix it? Certainly not by singling out the tubsters on Halloween. Sell the xbox and buy a bicycle. I had to clean if I stayed inside on the weekends, that worked like a charm.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 12:01 PM

Fruits and Veggies aren't that expensive. That's a cop out. Protein is the issue, as that tends to get a little pricier. But I'm not advocating buying your kids steak here. Preparing a chicken and vegetable stir fry isn't that expensive compared to tv dinners or Mcdonald's.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 12:02 PM
This. I'm sure it is bad everywhere but since I moved to Houston from KC I see way more of it. I'm not talking about big boned or pudgy kids who haven't hit their growth spurt. I'm talking gilbert grape's mom at 8 years old. It seems almost abusive to me, but how do you fix it? Certainly not by singling out the tubsters on Halloween. Sell the xbox and buy a ****ing bicycle. I had to clean if I stayed inside on the weekends, that worked like a charm.

You'd probably have more success by making the Xbox a reward for exercise.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Fruits and Veggies aren't that expensive. That's a cop out. Protein is the issue, as that tends to get a little pricier. But I'm not advocating buying your kids steak here. Preparing a chicken and vegetable stir fry is that expensive compared to tv dinners or Mcdonald's.

Compared to fast food, you're correct. But junk food at Walmart is cheaper than produce at Walmart.

But let's not ignore the fact that produce at Walmart sucks ass. If you want to get decent produce, junk food at Walmart is significantly cheaper than produce at Publix.

gblowfish
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Besides being snarky, she's also a coward. If she's truly committed to this, why didn't she offer up her name and address? If "it takes a village" why won't she let us know what house is her house in that village?

You know why.

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Not a lot of garden opportunities if you don't own, and damn near impossible if you're in an urban environment.

I had a garden in my rental in waldo. The last year I just tilled it and planted grass seed. Voila, back to normal.

seclark
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
If the parents pay for all of their child's medical issues that come with being fat, then they can feed them a bucket of lard every day for all I care. Sadly that's not how it usually goes and because of that, we all have to pay for the irresponsibility of parents because they think it's cute when their little pork chop eats a bucket of chicken with a gallon of gravy on the side.

yeah, I see that all the time, too. like I said, I've got enough problems of my own to worry about than to tell the rest of the world how to live.

props on living a perfect life.
sec

Rain Man
10-30-2013, 12:07 PM
what if a skinny kid dresses up like a fatty?

What if a fat kid dresses up as a skinny kid?

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Besides being snarky, she's also a coward. If she's truly committed to this, why didn't she offer up her name and address? If "it takes a village" why won't she let us know what house is her house in that village?

You know why.

eQcellent point.

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:08 PM
You'd probably have more success by making the Xbox a reward for exercise.

I don't know, my parents got rid of the nintendo because we fought over it. We were pissed for a week. No one ever had to tell us to exercise as a kid. Damn exercise is hard to spell.

Rain Man
The thing that's lost in this is that it's in North Dakota. If the kids don't have an insulating layer of fat they probably die waiting for the school bus.

ptlyon
exercise.

The word! Finally!!!

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Compared to fast food, you're correct. But junk food at Walmart is cheaper than produce at Walmart.

But let's not ignore the fact that produce at Walmart sucks ass. If you want to get decent produce, junk food at Walmart is significantly cheaper than produce at Publix.

Junk food might be cheaper than produce, depending on what you buy, but not by much. Fruits and vegetables do not break the bank, but some use that as a ridiculous cop out.

And if money is an issue, put down your 30 pack of keystone and provide decent meals for your kids.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM

In maybe a few large cities, but I would bet a large part of the population has a place to put a garden if so desired.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 12:10 PM
The thing that's lost in this is that it's in North Dakota. If the kids don't have an insulating layer of fat they probably die waiting for the school bus.

And coyotes

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:11 PM

You know why.

Because fat people are psycho?

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 12:11 PM

We go to the farmers market every week. For $20 we get all of our fruits & veggies for the week and it blows away any produce at any of the grocery stores

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:13 PM
We go to the farmers market every week. For $20 we get all of our fruits & veggies for the week and it blows away any produce at any of the grocery stores

This.

It isn't that quality food can't be affordable, it is that it takes a little extra effort.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
The word! Finally!!!

Nope.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7877541/Over-eating-not-lack-of-exercise-to-blame-for-childhood-obesity-research.html

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Nope.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7877541/Over-eating-not-lack-of-exercise-to-blame-for-childhood-obesity-research.html

Bullshit

tooge
10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
As I've stated before (along with a link), healthy people are a bigger cost long-term. Healthy people die of slow, expensive diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's. Fat, unhealthy people die quicker and ultimately cost less.

I was making light of a pretty shitty topic. In truth, I think the existence of fat children is sad. The kid isn't buying the food that they put into their mouths. If they are, then they are being given the money to do so by the parent.

Parents with obese children, unless there is an underlying medical condition, which btw, is very rare, should be ashamed of themselves. I see fat kids and literally scowl at the parents. They might as well be physically abusing them. In fact, they are, just not the way most people see it.

I see it all the time with kids that have a mouthful of bombed out teeth. The parents are pieces of shit quite frankly.

Skyy God
10-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Fruits and Veggies aren't that expensive. That's a cop out. Protein is the issue, as that tends to get a little pricier. But I'm not advocating buying your kids steak here. Preparing a chicken and vegetable stir fry isn't that expensive compared to tv dinners or Mcdonald's.

Let's get rid of BIG AG subsidies that distort the market and (partially) motivate parents to choose shitty, processed, nutritionally devoid foods.

/ducks on the way out the door

luv
10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I was making light of a pretty shitty topic. In truth, I think the existence of fat children is sad. The kid isn't buying the food that they put into their mouths. If they are, then they are being given the money to do so by the parent.

Parents with obese children, unless there is an underlying medical condition, which btw, is very rare, should be ashamed of themselves. I see fat kids and literally scowl at the parents. They might as well be physically abusing them. In fact, they are, just not the way most people see it.

I see it all the time with kids that have a mouthful of bombed out teeth. The parents are pieces of shit quite frankly.

Technology is to blame, too. To get children out of their hair, parents used to send them outside (if they weren't already out there) to play. Now, they pop in a movie, hand them a tablet/laptop, or turn on the gaming system. Don't get me wrong, it's still up to the parents. Technology is just another avenue for them to be lazy parents. I mean, there are dance party games and exercise games? Kids really need video games to come up with ways to be active? Back in the day (I'm sounding old), we rode our bikes, made up games in the yard, or turned the radio on and danced.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Junk food might be cheaper than produce, depending on what you buy, but not by much. Fruits and vegetables do not break the bank, but some use that as a ridiculous cop out.

And if money is an issue, put down your 30 pack of keystone and provide decent meals for your kids.

Let's say cheap apples are $1/pound. That's on average 3 apples. I haven't shopped for Little Debbies in awhile, but you used to be able to get a 20-pack of oatmeal cream pies for like $1.50. Let's say they They've gone up hugely and are $3 now.

Three dollars will get you nine apples. Or 20 oatmeal cream pies. The better deal is the Little Debbies.

You quote about the alcohol isn't really valid. You're assuming because they have fat kids, they're also lazy and drunk.

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Technology is to blame, too. To get children out of their hair, parents used to send them outside (if they weren't already out there) to play. Now, they pop in a movie, hand them a tablet/laptop, or turn on the gaming system. Don't get me wrong, it's still up to the parents. Technology is just another avenue for them to be lazy parents. I mean, there are dance party games and exercise games? Kids really need video games to come up with ways to be active? Back in the day (I'm sounding old), we rode our bikes, made up games in the yard, or turned the radio on and danced.

Paying money for a dance party game sounds like a dumb idea when you can.... wait for it... turned the radio on and danced.

Rain Man
10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
And coyotes

The sad irony is that that if they're fat enough to survive the cold, they're too slow to escape the coyotes. North Dakota is a tough place to be a child.

luv
10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Paying money for a dance party game sounds like a dumb idea when you can.... wait for it...

The money saved from not buying video games could go to those "outrageously priced" fruits and veggies. :)

BTW, I'm not a parent, and I'm also fighting my own weight battle, so anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt (or completely ignored).

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:33 PM
The money saved from not buying video games could go to those "outrageously priced" fruits and veggies. :)

BTW, I'm not a parent, and I'm also fighting my own weight battle, so anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt (or completely ignored).

I could take away your video games and make you clean my house. ;)

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Bullshit

Exercise is a very small part of weight loss. The cals burned in a 30 minute stroll can be replaced by an one oreo and these fuckers eat them by the bag full.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
The sad irony is that that if they're fat enough to survive the cold, they're too slow to escape the coyotes. North Dakota is a tough place to be a child.

How do you think they get their exercise?

In A Christmas Story it was running from the bully. In ND it's running from coyotes.

tooge
10-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Thats exactly what I do. I'm not perfect as a parent, nobody is. But, when my kids are sitting around the house and it's decent weather outside, I absolutely tell them to go outside. They either end up playing some type of "wall ball" or jumping on a trampoline. More importantly, I've chosen to teach my children at a very young age, that McDonalds sucks, fast food sucks, what lean protein is and why they need it, and that vegetables and fruits are good tasting and good for you. In fact, the first thing my kids eat on their plates is the fruit, every single time.

I'm no food Nazi, we let them have snacks, but they are usually a small pudding, or a scoop of ice cream, or peanut butter and crackers. They don't know any different. In fact, they point out when they go to friends houses and the food choices are "hot dog or fish sticks" and they think that sucks.

notorious
10-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Exercise is a very small part of weight loss. The cals burned in a 30 minute stroll can be replaced by an one oreo and these ****ers eat them by the bag full.

This.

"That Cherry Pepsi will take 1 hour of riding bike to work off. "

Exercise is important in terms of self-esteem, energy, and motivation.

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 12:39 PM

My girlfriend likes to eat out (what woman doesn't?) so I've found that fast food/restaurant dining is far more expensive than eating at home.

The problem, I think, is just that people are lazy. It takes a bit of extra effort to go buy some noodles, lean beef and spaghetti sauce as opposed to grabbing a bag of pre-prepared Stouffers dinner. It also links to self-discipline as well though. We know the junk and fast food we eat is terrible for us, yet we still opt to cram that shit down our throats instead of buying apples, oranges, bananas and grapes.

mike_b_284
10-30-2013, 12:40 PM
the food choices are "hot dog or fish sticks" and they think that sucks.

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
My girlfriend likes to eat out (what woman doesn't?) so I've found that fast food/restaurant dining is far more expensive than eating at home.

The problem, I think, is just that people are lazy. It takes a bit of extra effort to go buy some noodles, lean beef and spaghetti sauce as opposed to grabbing a bag of pre-prepared Stouffers dinner. It also links to self-discipline as well though. We know the junk and fast food we eat is terrible for us, yet we still opt to cram that shit down our throats instead of buying apples, oranges, bananas and grapes.

QFT, man. That's exactly it.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-30-2013, 12:45 PM

$20 is a LOT to someone making minimum wage and feeding a family.

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Exercise is a very small part of weight loss. The cals burned in a 30 minute stroll can be replaced by an one oreo and these ****ers eat them by the bag full.

This.

"That Cherry Pepsi will take 1 hour of riding bike to work off. "

Exercise is important in terms of self-esteem, energy, and motivation.

Yeah, I had an argument with a friend about this recently. He's 5-11 280 of pure fat and he was trying to tell me its all about exercise LMAO I had to explain to him that the 400 calories he burned in his evening run could be negated by one shitty choice in snack food. 1 hour of work destroyed in 3 minutes; it really is incredible.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
You quote about the alcohol isn't really valid. You're assuming because they have fat kids, they're also lazy and drunk.

No, I wasn't. I was making the point that if you don't want to break the bank when you buy fruits and veggies (which is hardly the case, but I'm humoring the idea), then make sacrifices. A lot of people like to drink cheap beer, so I used that as an example.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Yep, the $25 you spend on McDonalds to feed a family of 4 could be spent on groceries to cook your family 2 healthy meals. That of course requires a bit of effort and time which is why so many people opt for the garbage that comes out of a bag.

GloryDayz
10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Just think of the poor guy who has to hide his junk inside this lady a few times a month...

And how's THIS for your wife getting her 15 minutes of fame on the national stage??!! He's get to know what it's like to be the clown who's engaged to the bitch who was whining about strippers in Arrowhead's parking lot. It certainly brings you to a "T" intersection on your relationship...

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 12:51 PM
$20 is a LOT to someone making minimum wage and feeding a family.

$20 at a farmers market also gets you twice as much as it would in the store. We usually come home with 5 grocery bags full of produce. $20 at walmart gets you maybe 2-3 bags

Rain Man
10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I had an argument with a friend about this recently. He's 5-11 280 of pure fat and he was trying to tell me its all about exercise LMAO I had to explain to him that the 400 calories he burned in his evening run could be negated by one shitty choice in snack food. 1 hour of work destroyed in 3 minutes; it really is incredible.

When I did my big weight loss plan a few years ago, I did the math and 80% of my weight loss was diet, while 20% was exercise. And I was getting a lot of exercise.

kysirsoze
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Because this woman decides these kids are overweight, you are assuming they are heavy to the point of lifelong, crippling obesity. Not only has your point been refuted in this very thread about the cost to taxpayers of heavy people, it is still none of your fucking business what is going on in the life of a child with weight problems. This presumptuous, awful woman is using Halloween as an excuse to be a bully. Again, as has been said, if she really gave a shit she'd give out healthy options.

Insulting a kid and his parents will do nothing to change their situation. Weight is often tied to self-esteem. Openly insulting these kids will not encourage a positive change. She will be dismissed as the terrible person she is and the kid will be embarrassed and hurt. I don't know why you have so much anger against overweight people and enjoy the idea of them being marginalized. Whatever the reason, it's pretty fucked up.

notorious
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM

I educated myself on food intake years ago. It's amazing how much I learned by simply writing down what I ate, calories, gr of fat, carbs, protein, etc.

When I dropped my weight I was at 2500 calories/200 protein/<15gr fat a day.

I never got hungry. I ate a shitload of food during the day, but it was good food.

My one weakness was diet soda. It got me through a few sweet-attacks.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Because this woman decides these kids are overweight, you are assuming they are heavy to the point of lifelong, crippling obesity. Not only has your point been refuted in this very thread about the cost to taxpayers of heavy people, it is still none of your fucking business what is going on in the life of a child with weight problems. This presumptuous, awful woman is using Halloween as an excuse to be a bully. Again, as has been said, if she really gave a shit she'd give out healthy options.

Insulting a kid and his parents will do nothing to change their situation. Weight is often tied to self-esteem. Openly insulting these kids will not encourage a positive change. She will be dismissed as the terrible person she is and the kid will be embarrassed and hurt. I don't know why you have so much anger against overweight people and enjoy the idea of them being marginalized. Whatever the reason, it's pretty fucked up.

You fat brah?

Skyy God
10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
No, I wasn't. I was making the point that if you don't want to break the bank when you buy fruits and veggies (which is hardly the case, but I'm humoring the idea), then make sacrifices. A lot of people like to drink cheap beer, so I used that as an example.

Btw, I love medical euphemisms for fat..... well developed/nourished is my favorite.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
I educated myself on food intake years ago. It's amazing how much I learned by simply writing down what I ate, calories, gr of fat, carbs, protein, etc.

I never got hungry. I ate a shitload of food during the day, but it was good food.

:thumb:

Kudos to you, man. That's a recommendation I see many physicians and dietitians suggest, but it doesn't always work (obviously).

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Btw, I love medical euphemisms for fat..... well developed/nourished is my favorite.

ROFL

So true. Our charts are littered with them.

Most H&P's start with "Pt. X is a well-nourished male/female who presents today with..."

mikeyis4dcats.
10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
$20 at a farmers market also gets you twice as much as it would in the store. We usually come home with 5 grocery bags full of produce. $20 at walmart gets you maybe 2-3 bags

you do realize a large portion of the country doesn't have regular farmer's markets, and those that do are seasonal.

And here at least, the market isn't substantially cheaper than the grocery store. Some, but I'd never get 5 bags full of veggies for $20.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 01:13 PM
you do realize a large portion of the country doesn't have regular farmer's markets, and those that do are seasonal.

And here at least, the market isn't substantially cheaper than the grocery store. Some, but I'd never get 5 bags full of veggies for $20.

Agreed. Same here.

Beef Supreme
10-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I just don't give any kids candy, fat or otherwise. Fuck 'em.

Skyy God
10-30-2013, 01:20 PM
ROFL

So true. Our charts are littered with them.

Most H&P's start with "Pt. X is a well-nourished male/female who presents today with..."

If you're really lucky, they'll have a pannus. ;)

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
When I did my big weight loss plan a few years ago, I did the math and 80% of my weight loss was diet, while 20% was exercise. And I was getting a lot of exercise.

That's pretty incredible, Rain Man, and I applaud you both.

I've never struggle with weight loss, but I'd be willing to bet parting with your favorite snacks, meals, portion sizes is actually more of an issue than getting motivated to go to the gym 3-5 times a week.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM

I guess I'm spoiled then. Living in a warm climate does have it's perks and that's one of them.

I'm not made of money either and for many years I thought that quality food was simply too expensive until I started going to the FM. Processed foods are a thing of the past in our household with a few exceptions. Again, it takes a bit more effort but I would much rather cook with fresh ingredients when possible but, I totally understand that not everyone has the same options as I do.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM

My point was on the base of luvs. As a kid, we would be outside playing from morning until the street lights came on, with only being home for dinner cuz we had to.

We had all these things the kids have today. McDonalds, pop (a lot better & sugary than you get nowadays), chips, dip, candy, all that.

I guess you can argue that us being out riding our bikes, playing football, baseball, kick the can, ditch em, sledding, etc means less time to defile a bag of oreos. But who hasn't demolished a tub of chips & French onion dip when they were a kid and got yelled at by mom I'm the process?

Kids nowadays sit & play video games & watch TV more than we ever did growing up. I guess that was my point.

Strongside
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PhOIs.gif

Ace Gunner
10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
http://cdn07.realitynation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/mama.gif

kysirsoze
10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
You fat brah?

Nope, just not a dickhead.

Bwana
10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
I was like WTF until I saw where this was. Fargo, North Dakota LMAO

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/fargo/fargo09.jpg

J Diddy
10-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I just wonder if Clay had this much contempt for himself when he was a fat fuck.

You'd think he'd have an ounce of compassion.

CoMoChief
10-30-2013, 02:01 PM
So she's simply inviting all of these fat kids to egg the shit out of her house...

Wow that woman will teach them!!! What a smart person.

She obviously doesn't know what trick or treat means.

Bitch's about to get tricked.

ptlyon
10-30-2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.destgulch.com/movies/fargo/fargo09.jpg

Wade - it's Jean. Oh Geez, somethings bad has happened!

seaofred
10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Hey, we live in America and she has the right to do this. The fat kids don't have to come to her house.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/DC4X/fat-kid-angry/image.png

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Fat is the new black.

BigCatDaddy
10-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Fat is the new black.

Hey, I have a friend that is fat.

Predarat
Michelle Obama approves of that letter.

LoneWolf
If everyone would have handed out these letters when Claynus was a kid, he would've had to carry a 3-ring binder instead of a plastic pumpkin from house to house.

stevieray
10-30-2013, 02:37 PM
"I really wanted to just turn off my porch light and not contribute to the problem, then it hit me...

...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, everybody likes me...."

mikey23545
10-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Good for her. You wouldn't give a crack addict more crack so support their destructive behavior, right? So why would you give those little fat bastards candy and help them continue on the path of a lifetime of major health issues lazy, indolent bastards food stamps and welfare checks and help them continue down the path of a lifetime of dependence that tax payers will be forced to foot the bill for.

FYP.

Oh, wait, I forgot...you liberals are only in favor of saving taxpayers money if it agrees with your philosophy of state mind and behavioral control...

LoneWolf
10-30-2013, 03:08 PM
FYP.

Oh, wait, I forgot...you liberals are only in favor of saving taxpayers money if it agrees with your philosophy of state mind and behavioral control...

Keep the politics in DC and the penis in your ass.

Rain Man
10-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Crisco mixed with sugar and Red Food Coloring makes a tasty Halloween treat. You can scoop it out of the bowl with an ice cream scoop and just drop it into the kids' bags.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
FYP.

*****DC TURNING POINT*****

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I just wonder if Clay had this much contempt for himself when he was a fat fuck.

You'd think he'd have an ounce of compassion.

No compassion.

I got pounded for years for being a fat kid, and a fat adult. Constant negative reinforcement.

Eventually I got fed up with it. Now I get the heebie jeebies when I walk past the big and tall section.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 03:23 PM
I got pounded for years

Hell yes.

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
I got pounded for years for being a fat kid, and a fat adult.

I thought that was because you liked dudes?

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 03:25 PM
LMAO

This place never changes.

J Diddy
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
"I really wanted to just turn off my porch light and not contribute to the problem, then it hit me...

...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, everybody likes me...."

No kidding. More press this way.

I think she's likely to win a dental and diabetes nobel prize for her actions.

She sounds like the lady that, when she opens the door, looks like she is dressed like a witch but then loudly proclaims, "We do not partake in this hedonistic holiday!"

Then you stumble away with your children all the while shaking your head and thinking "why didn't that bitch just turn off the porch light or man is she pissed because a house fell on her sister?"

J Diddy
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
No compassion.

I got pounded for years for being a fat kid, and a fat adult. Constant negative reinforcement.

Eventually I got fed up with it. Now I get the heebie jeebies when I walk past the big and tall section.

Yeah I was never fat. Now I just dislike the pussies that change themselves because everyone makes fun of them.

You and Jared can go suck a cock made of candy corn.

FlaChief58
10-30-2013, 03:37 PM
FYP.

Yep, that's me, Mr. liberal ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Yeah I was never fat. Now I just dislike the pussies that change themselves because everyone makes fun of them.

That's as good a reason to change as any.

GloryDayz
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
http://cdn07.realitynation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/mama.gif

It's Eric Winston's sister/wife/gladiator-buddy!

http://chiefconcerns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ERIC-WINSTON-Locker.jpg

notorious
10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
That's pretty incredible, Rain Man, and I applaud you both.

I've never struggle with weight loss, but I'd be willing to bet parting with your favorite snacks, meals, portion sizes is actually more of an issue than getting motivated to go to the gym 3-5 times a week.

Thanks, but I wasn't really an obese guy.

I was 6'2 and got up to 217 back in 03'. Doesn't sound bad but I was very "skinny fat".

Started banging weights and eating right and it took about 2 months to get down to an extremely healthy 195. It just took motivation is all.

The people that get really big are the one's I worry about. Just getting started would be hard for them.

stevieray
10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
No compassion.

you ever consider that you went through that.... so you, in turn, could relate and encourage/help others?

ThaVirus
10-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks, but I wasn't really an obese guy.

I was 6'2 and got up to 217 back in 03'. Doesn't sound bad but I was very "skinny fat".

Started banging weights and eating right and it took about 2 months to get down to an extremely healthy 195. It just took motivation is all.

The people that get really big are the one's I worry about. Just getting started would be hard for them.

LMAO My bad. Didn't mean to make you seem like a fatty.

displacedinMN
10-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Lady,

If you don't like fat kids, then don't give away candy.

They get a lot of candy, and you not giving it away will not kill them. There are other things that could be given too.

If not, close the damn door, shut off the lights, have a drink and go to bed.

You do not have to insult others to get the point across.

Skyy God
10-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Record scratch

Earthling
10-30-2013, 04:08 PM

little bastards.
sec

Damn! Hilarious.

blaise
10-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Why do you keep posting this in a variety of ways when you're as big a jackhole with that stuff as anyone?

EdmontonChiefsFan
10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Lady,

If you don't like fat kids, then don't give away candy.

They get a lot of candy, and you not giving it away will not kill them. There are other things that could be given too.

If not, close the damn door, shut off the lights, have a drink and go to bed.

You do not have to insult others to get the point across.

I totally disagree, I think in this instance you do have to insult others to get the point across. Shutting off the lights and going to bed isn't going to change anything. I think it's about time people hear what they don't want to hear even if it hurts their feelings. I don't quite agree with this particular tactic, but at some point somebody in their lives has to say "You are fat, maybe you should stop eating candy"

One things for sure, this ladies house is going to get trashed Big Time

Bwana

little bastards.
sec

It could have been worse.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YPXXL_mmfRc/UJFAbDCR6uI/AAAAAAAADFA/xg8K3xboBnc/s1600/SNL+coneheads+beer.jpg

notorious
LMAO My bad. Didn't mean to make you seem like a fatty.

Omaha MULT!!!!!!!

;)

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Drunk, codependent, women abusing, temper tantrum throwing, lying, thieving, back stabbing, lazy, uneducated, welfare receiving assholes always love telling other people how to live their lives. It somehow brings validation to all of their lifetime full of failures. They need it. It somehow makes them feel less worthless. When someone runs their mouth about someone else's lifestyle I almost always wonder what skeleton they're trying to repress and cover. There is no other reason to focus so intently on the imperfections of others besides desperately trying to forget they're own feelings of self worthlessness.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
you ever consider that you went through that.... so you, in turn, could relate and encourage/help others?

No. It has to be a personal choice. No one can make it for you.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2013, 04:40 PM

But, we as a society need to quit defending people who make blatantly poor choices for their children and dismissing it as their right to raise their kids. That's utter bull shit. Kids are fat. It's getting worse. Parents need to be held accountable.I completely agree with this.

This also has nothing to do with what that cunt did.

Fire Me Boy!
10-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Drunk, codependent, women abusing, temper tantrum throwing, lying, thieving, back stabbing, lazy, uneducated, welfare receiving assholes always love telling other people how to live their lives. It somehow brings validation to all of their lifetime full of failures. They need it. It somehow makes them feel less worthless. When someone runs their mouth about someone else's lifestyle I almost always wonder what skeleton they're trying to repress and cover. There is no other reason to focus so intently on the imperfections of others besides desperately trying to forget they're own feelings of self worthlessness.

Oh yeah? Well you have floppy nuts. :harumph:

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I completely agree with this.

This also has nothing to do with what that **** did.

True. This lady is extreme. If you want to make a difference that bad, there are far better ways of doing so, as many have pointed out in this thread.

J Diddy
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
True. This lady is extreme. If you want to make a difference that bad, there are far better ways of doing so, as many have pointed out in this thread.

No shit.

Something along the lines of her saying, "You want a treat? Give me a lap first."

Demonpenz
10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I remember one house used to always give out nickles. I went back several times to get enough to by some eggs to throw at his car.

Chief Roundup
10-30-2013, 05:19 PM
This will not end well for this "lady". As it really shouldn't. I would not be surprised if she didn't get assaulted or have her property damaged. If not and probably most likely both.

stevieray
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
No.

why?

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 06:14 PM
why?

The guy in your avatar looks like he's gonna pull out some stale hard candy and offer it to me.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 06:23 PM
why?

Most people that are trying to "help" fat people lose weight are just looking to make money off it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-30-2013, 07:14 PM

little bastards.
sec

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM
No. It has to be a personal choice. No one can make it for you.

Apparently, incredibly bored housewives in Fargo can...

stevieray
10-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Most people that are trying to "help" fat people lose weight are just looking to make money off it.

...what about the Chiefsplanet weightloss challenge?

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
...what about the Chiefsplanet weightloss challenge?

Posts on the internet aren't going to help anyone lose weight, I'm afraid.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Posts on the internet aren't going to help anyone lose weight, I'm afraid.

Not directly. But they can certainly help one to find the inspiration, hope, or belief that they can lose weight.

Cephalic Trauma
10-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Not directly. But they can certainly help one to find the inspiration, hope, or belief that they can lose weight.

Quit trying to make money off the good people of Chiefsplanet!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Quit trying to make money off the good people of Chiefsplanet!

Flop is a fine salesman. You can choose to buy or not.

MahiMike
10-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Agreed. What better way to get parents attention than have the fatties cry their way home. Truth hurts but is needed.