PDA

View Full Version : Football Please God Stop Fantasy Football Segments

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:23 PM
......jesus.

Entire ****ing segments dedicated to this bullshit. 'Experts' in 'fantasy football" (which is ****ing retarded anyway) talking about "starters", "Sleepers" etc.

**** I'm glad I stopped playing that shit 2 years ago.

carry on

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
check that.....an entire ****ing hour of programming dedicated to Fantasy talk on NFLN.

MMXcalibur
10-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I enjoy setting my lineup and playing the game throughout the season. Especially when something is on the line, like money.

...but I never tune in for "fantasy analysis" or listen to "experts". The analytical side of it has gotten way too far, IMO. I do my own analysis and decision-making then let the chips fall where they may.

My Sundays are still completely reliant on the Chiefs winning or losing. The fantasy aspects come in a distant second.

L.A. Chieffan
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Marvin Jones or Nate Washington?

AussieChiefsFan
10-30-2013, 11:28 PM
#1 Fantasy Defense.

CaliforniaChief
10-30-2013, 11:34 PM
they do it because it's big money. It gets old. I play FFL, but I get tired of those insufferable twats who say "well that hurt the chiefs but at least I have Philip Rivers in my FFL team!"

That said, people watch it and it's a $1 billion business.

10-30-2013, 11:34 PM
So lets make a fantasy thread about it. :)

10-30-2013, 11:35 PM
they do it because it's big money. It gets old. I play FFL, but I get tired of those insufferable twats who say "well that hurt the chiefs but at least I have Philip Rivers in my FFL team!"

That is exactly why I stopped playing FF.

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:37 PM
I enjoy setting my lineup and playing the game throughout the season. Especially when something is on the line, like money.

...but I never tune in for "fantasy analysis" or listen to "experts". The analytical side of it has gotten way too far, IMO. I do my own analysis and decision-making then let the chips fall where they may.

My Sundays are still completely reliant on the Chiefs winning or losing. The fantasy aspects come in a distant second.

agree. you sound very normal.

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:37 PM
So lets make a fantasy thread about it. :)

you get -3 points for that remark.

RealSNR
10-30-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm playing Fantasy Chiefs Planet this year. I've got a killer team with THE stud (Pam Oliver's Forehead) doing most of my work. I was lucky to have the #1 overall pick this year. But even if you can get past that, you have to deal with my killer lineup of milkman, the Talking Can, Deberg_1990, and Sure-Oz. Yeah, I know. Beat that. Those guys are virtually ban-free and will never leave CP forever. Talk about dependable.

For my weekly advice, go ahead and start loochy, Baby Lee, tk13, DaFace, and J Diddy. Those guys figure to have an outstanding week.

But beware these potential busts for this week: notorious, Tribal Warfare, kstater, and chasedude. I don't like any of their matchups, which could spell CP Fantasy doom.

And of course, don't even think about buying Dayze. He's fool's gold. If you've got him on your roster, trade him away from whatever you can get.

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Dayze is a must start during the bye week.

10-30-2013, 11:47 PM
you get -3 points for that remark.

fortunately they are fantasy points and don't means jack squat. :D

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:48 PM
fortunately they are fantasy points and don't means jack squat. :D

that's what you think. Check your Nigerian bank account.

RealSNR
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
I've been trying to figure out which Robin Williams movie that avatar is from

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:51 PM
It's from the movie Airplane

RealSNR
10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Seriously? That shit looks like Robin Williams.

I was going to guess Death to Smoochy.

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:54 PM
I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Hammock Parties
10-30-2013, 11:56 PM
It's pretty weird that a stat geek like myself has 0 interest in fantasy sports.

Dayze
10-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Over the course of playing for a good 10 years, I found i was less and less interested in teams actually winning or losing. I was simply interested in 'points'.

...which sucked.

TinyEvel
10-31-2013, 12:00 AM
When I was in College (1990) It was the very beginning of the development of fantasy. Back then it was Rotisserie baseball in the MLB. And there was obviously no internet, so guys would sit around the fraternity house with newspapers, charts, pencils, other stacks of paper and charts, and sit there for HOURS planning and administering that sh!t. It blew my mind. Thought it was such a waste of time.

One day, a player got hurt in the middle of the day during the week. This guy Mike who had him on his team hurried over to campus and caught another dude in the league who had his eyes on that now-injured player coming out of class. Mike offered that payer up for trade. That dude agreed to the trade (he had no idea of the injury news) and thye literally came to blows in a fight after that guy found out what was up.

life before the internet and cel phones.

AussieChiefsFan
10-31-2013, 12:02 AM
I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glueLMAO

Over the course of playing for a good 10 years, I found i was less and less interested in teams actually winning or losing. I was simply interested in 'points'.

...which sucked.Does that matter (assuming you don't mean the Chiefs)?

I mean, I have a couple FF teams, but don't put too much time into either. I check my lineup and the waiver wire before each Sunday, just stuff like that. Nothing too in-depth.

Ceej
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
As a guy who is in currently four $$ leagues I get the dislike.

I enjoy it because the live drafts are usually great -- it allows me to catch up with guys I haven't seen in awhile since I moved.

It also is my way of gambling.

It also allows me to appreciate/watch games I wouldn't have otherwise. There's nothing wrong with getting drunk on too much football.

AussieChiefsFan
10-31-2013, 12:09 AM
As a guy who is in currently four $$ leagues I get the dislike.

I enjoy it because the live drafts are usually great -- it allows me to catch up with guys I haven't seen in awhile since I moved.

It also is my way of gambling.

It also allows me to appreciate/watch games I wouldn't have otherwise. There's nothing wrong with getting drunk on too much football.If I knew people here in Australia who played FF, I think I'd be much more into it.

cosmo20002
10-31-2013, 12:13 AM

This.
It's basically gambling + makes the other games more fun to watch.
With maybe a rare exception, I bench any fantasy guys that are playing against the Chiefs.

TinyEvel
10-31-2013, 12:16 AM
My "fantasy team" is 8-0.

:D

cosmo20002
10-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Seriously? That shit looks like Robin Williams.

I was going to guess Death to Smoochy.

Wha? Lloyd Bridges from Airplane? I didn't know it was possible to not know that. :shake:

Phobia
10-31-2013, 12:20 AM
I quit playing many years back. I do not miss it whatsoever.

Trakkk
10-31-2013, 12:23 AM
I agree, and now they spam the bottom bar with fantasy points, annoying as hell. Now, if they did one on gambling I wouldnt mind.

listopencil
10-31-2013, 01:38 AM
It's pretty weird that a stat geek like myself has 0 interest in fantasy sports.

The FF stats are meaningless. I think that's why. In the real NFL you can look at stats of individuals on your team and compare them to the same position on other teams, or to other players of the same position on your team. Then when you watch your team play you can get a feel for why those players are hitting those numbers. You can even get a hunch and go digging through stats to see if there is anything to your opinion. FF stats are worthless to anyone who roots for a particular team.

listopencil
10-31-2013, 01:43 AM
This.
It's basically gambling + makes the other games more fun to watch.
With maybe a rare exception, I bench any fantasy guys that are playing against the Chiefs.

I did get into it a long time ago as a way to enjoy games that I would otherwise find unwatchable. I found that it took up a lot of my time to exercise my due diligence though. In the end I didn't get enough pleasure to justify the time invested.

BryanBusby
10-31-2013, 02:56 AM
While we're at it, people who feel the need to inform the status of their fantasy team at games should die in a fucking aids fire.

tredadda
10-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I stopped playing a few years ago when I realized I spent more time watching stats than actually enjoying the game. Too many people take it way too seriously.

Beef Supreme
10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
NFLN blows for the most part. Watch it for an hour and you have seen everything they are going to talk about for the next 24 hours, and during that hour you will probably see them talk about Peyton Manning and/or the Dallas Cowboys at least twice.

Only decent shows are the AFC and NFC Playbook.

I've never played fantasy football.

Saul Good
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
We need a fantasy poster league. We can draft posters, and we get two points for every post they make and ten posts for every thread they start plus an additional point for every post in the thread.

You lose points for infractions, bans, etc.

MahiMike
10-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Every trend I start just gets way outta control. I started fantasy football, driving trucks and smoking cigars.

Now even women do all the above.

Time to get out.

Except for the cigars...

RealSNR
10-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Wha? Lloyd Bridges from Airplane? I didn't know it was possible to not know that. :shake:

I've seen the movie once.

Honestly, as a comedy classic, it's overrated. There. I fucking said it.

L.A. Chieffan
10-31-2013, 09:03 AM
BGE or Tolbert or Bolden

hometeam
10-31-2013, 09:03 AM
~signed

Saul Good
10-31-2013, 09:06 AM

Honestly, as a comedy classic, it's overrated. There. I fucking said it.

This is an outrage. It makes me want to violate you sexually against your will...possibly through brute force or by plying you with alcohol and/or drugs until you are unable to resist. I don't know what you would call such a thing, but it would either be horrifying or comical depending on your sense of humor.

Beef Supreme
10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
This is an outrage. It makes me want to violate you sexually against your will...possibly through brute force or by plying you with alcohol and/or drugs until you are unable to resist. I don't know what you would call such a thing, but it would either be horrifying or comical depending on your sense of humor.

Do you like gladiator movies?

lcarus
10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
I skipped fantasy last year, played this year, and honestly I wish I hadn't. Partly because my team is all injured and shitty. Partly because it's just lost it's fun.

RealSNR
10-31-2013, 09:20 AM

I can name a handful of Mel Brooks movies that are funnier than Airplane.

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 09:29 AM
I've never played but, I have friends who do. All they ever want to talk about is how their team is doing, who they should start, yada yada yada. It's annoying as fuck especially when were watching games together.

Note to FF players: I don't give a fuck about your team!

ct
10-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Dayze is a must start during the bye week.

Not so sure, I hear he is prone to emotional rants and the coaches are irritated, might start cutting back his snaps. I'm thinkin I may roll w/ gaz, been quiet a while, due for a HUGE breakout!!

Contrarian
10-31-2013, 09:55 AM

I never quite understood it. I have been in a few but nothing to detailed or it's company oriented. How is it a billion dollar business when you can do it for free? I am asking because I really don't know. Do the hardcore ff leagues require a huge amount of money to be a part of?

notorious
10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Nobody wants to hear about anyone else's fantasy team.

AIDS fisting for all that do.

L.A. Chieffan
10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Lulz fantasy football generates more income than the real thing

Fish
10-31-2013, 10:10 AM
I guess now we know which posters really suck at fantasy football...

donkhater
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM
check that.....an entire ****ing hour of programming dedicated to Fantasy talk on NFLN.

I love fantasy football, but that show blows.

lcarus
10-31-2013, 10:20 AM
The more incredibly popular something gets, the more people will hate it. It's the hipster America we live in. And yes I'm guilty of it too.

Sfeihc
10-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Two things that aren't going away no matter how much you dislike them; Fantasy Football and the Kardashians.

Dayze
10-31-2013, 10:25 AM

Honestly, as a comedy classic, it's overrated. There. I ****ing said it.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004000613/031528535_mother_of_god_xlarge.jpeg

BWillie
10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
I find it pretty odd that playing fantasy football, for money, is legal. There are tons of sites like draftkings.com where they even facilitate the payment distribution for you. How can that possibly be legal? While online poker except in NV and NJ is illegal, technically. There are so called "professional fantasy football players" out there even.

lcarus
10-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Two things that aren't going away no matter how much you dislike them; Fantasy Football and the Kardashians.

Fantasy football will be here long after the Kardashians are on VH1 "Remember the 2000s?"

TEX
10-31-2013, 10:55 AM
......jesus.

Entire ****ing segments dedicated to this bullshit. 'Experts' in 'fantasy football" (which is ****ing retarded anyway) talking about "starters", "Sleepers" etc.

**** I'm glad I stopped playing that shit 2 years ago.

carry on

Agreed. They talk like they KNOW something and are very callus when it comes to talking about players. The ONLY thing worse then an arm-chair QB who thinks he knows it all is an arm-chair GM and that's what these clowns are.

Personally, I like to play Fantacy FB and my team is doing VERY WELL. Know WHY? Because I did NOT listen to the "experts" and I drafted Tony Romo (drafted Phillip Rivers as backup) and the Chiefs Defense, Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, Eddie Lacy (ONLY Charles was a favorable pick by the "experts".) EVERY Week those players KICK ASS. NOW the "experts" cant say enough good things about all of them, including Rivers, who I've had TONS of trade offers. LOL!

scho63
10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
They spend a lot of time promoting it because it keeps fans engaged much longer, for all the teams, and at the end of the day, MORE MONEY for the NFL!

I don't play and it is over the top many times but it ain't gonna stop.

notorious
10-31-2013, 11:07 AM

FF is fun.

Talking about FF sucks major balls.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Computers gave nerds too much power and pussified America.

Strongside
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
In recent years it's given me something to look forward to on Sundays...because the Chiefs were soul crushers. This year I have 3 teams...It's hard to pay any attention to them because I'm so consumed by the Chiefs. I definitely prefer it this way.

Strongside
10-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Computers gave nerds too much power and pussified America.

Just wait until the computers become self-aware. They've pussified us so much that we'll be easy targets.

J Diddy
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM

His post proves he has no sense of humor.

J Diddy
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Just wait until the computers become self-aware. They've pussified us so much that we'll be easy targets.

Every day I jog at least 2 blocks more than my computer does.

WhawhaWhat
10-31-2013, 11:40 AM
I need a WR for my team this week, should I pick up Nate Washington or Golden Tate?

Gonzo
10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Never played it. I like vagina too much and I'm not really into sitting around for hours with fat dudes smelling beer farts and buffalo wings.

Sfeihc
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
FF is fun.

Talking about FF sucks major balls.

Agreed. Hearing folks talk about their FF teams is akin to hearing about their golf game and fishing stories. :doh!:

Donger
10-31-2013, 11:47 AM
I'll admit that I don't even know what "fantasy football" is, unless it's the Chiefs winning a Superbowl in my lifetime.

Sfeihc
10-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Never played it. I like vagina too much and I'm not really into sitting around for hours with fat dudes smelling beer farts and buffalo wings.

I haven't participated in a FF draft in over a decade where everyone was participating as you described. Mostly has to do with the same wonderful invention that allows us to post here called the interweb.:) Oh, and it taking a fraction of the time might have something to do with it.

WhawhaWhat
10-31-2013, 11:48 AM

Is this another way of saying you have no friends?

WhawhaWhat
10-31-2013, 11:50 AM
I'll admit that I don't even know what "fantasy football" is, unless it's the Chiefs winning a Superbowl in my lifetime.

http://www.talkweather.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rimshot.gif

TEX
11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
In recent years it's given me something to look forward to on Sundays...because the Chiefs were soul crushers. This year I have 3 teams...It's hard to pay any attention to them because I'm so consumed by the Chiefs. I definitely prefer it this way.

This.
I have one team. That's all I ever have and it's always pretty fun. However, this year is much more fun mostly because NONE of the other league members give me shit about the CHIEFS! Especially since I drafted Jamaal Charles and the CHIEFS DEFENSE! :thumb: