PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why I'm not alarmed that we gave up 500 yards to Jeff Tuel

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
From what I could see in the first 3 quarters: the defense didn't give a shit. Sure, they worked hard at practice I'll bet. I'm sure they were concentrated and unified. But they were slow and weak on tackles. Buffalo's got a great offensive line, but they were flat out manhandling us in ways that no other line has done all year.

Missed tackles mostly. The team wants the bye. They were drooling about it. Hali brought it up this week in interviews that he and other players were of the mindset of "Just one more week. We just gotta do this one more week and then we get some much-needed rest time."

It think the issues on run defense and tackling will clear themselves up.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Maybe they looked passed the Bills.

keg in kc
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Hopefully so.

loochy
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

it was a tarp game that didnt tarp us

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Sutton's not going to wait around to "feel out" Manning.

He just can't. Those overload blitzes have to come out from the very fucking start.

If they don't, the Chiefs are going to lose horrifically, and Bob Sutton's judgment should be seriously questioned. He would be no better than Romeo, who had the exact same pass-rushing talent and never fucking used it.

Mama Hip Rockets
Pretty sure he had like 200 yards, not 500.

Dartgod

Yes. Their 3rd string QB past the ball all over the place.

Deberg_1990
They only gave up 229. That's not that bad in today's NFL. Get a grip people.

KCUnited
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I thought they looked ready for the bye last weekend. They gutted it out today and there's 0 fucks left to give. We're rolling into Denver 9-0 and rested. Get your rapeface on.

milkman
This thread mirrors my thoughts I was posting as you were doingv the same just ahead of me.

RealSNR

"Jeff Tuel's offense." What the fuck ever. Go ask if the Chiefs should have drafted some guy instead of the player they did.

milkman
11-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Yes. Their 3rd string QB past the ball all over the place.

That's one of those gramattical errors that drives me crazy.

ThaVirus
11-03-2013, 03:35 PM
I agree. The guys just seemed lazy. The missed tackles were much less about bad angles and much more about effort.

That can be fixed easily.

gosampel
Who won the game ? that's what count

Easy 6
Hmm, i think you're intentionally ignoring the elephant in the room for some nefarious purpose.

Yes, yet another veeery uneven game from the offense, spits and sputters... as the leader of the team, a fair amount of that must fall on Axl, but I doubt many would argue that their D line owned us most of the day and we had several CRITICAL drops from Bowe and Dex.

We actually did take some deep shots and also hit on some nice mid-range passes to Bowe and Fasano in particular.

Unless the line gets figured out, playoff D's are going to really take them to the woodshed.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Sack the sandman
Break the world's record on snoring loudness
Intercept some ZZZZZZZZs

gosampel
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
9-0

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
From what I could see in the first 3 quarters: the defense didn't give a shit. Sure, they worked hard at practice I'll bet. I'm sure they were concentrated and unified. But they were slow and weak on tackles. Buffalo's got a great offensive line, but they were flat out manhandling us in ways that no other line has done all year.

Missed tackles mostly. The team wants the bye. They were drooling about it. Hali brought it up this week in interviews that he and other players were of the mindset of "Just one more week. We just gotta do this one more week and then we get some much-needed rest time."

Most players looked uninspired. Missed tackles, sloppy, everything.

That will happen. I don't worry about the defense. I worry about an offense that keeps shitting their pants anytime we have a TD opportunity.

gosampel
all these ppl want to say this and say that but who is winning?

TIED5573
Didn't post during the game, but yeah, the D came out and looked pretty nonchalant. But they played balls out when it counted.

Just good coaching?

Tribal Warfare
11-03-2013, 03:39 PM
In all honesty, it seemed like the defense was on autopilot ( looking past the Bills and looking forward to the Bye) in the 1st 3 quarters, then the light turned on and decided to go beasting.

ThaVirus
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Hmm, i think you're intentionally ignoring the elephant in the room for some nefarious purpose.

Yes, yet another veeery uneven game from the offense, spits and sputters... as the leader of the team, a fair amount of that must fall on Axl, but I doubt many would argue that their D line owned us most of the day and we had several CRITICAL drops from Bowe and Dex.

We actually did take some deep shots and also hit on some nice mid-range passes to Bowe and Fasano in particular.

Unless the line gets figured out, playoff D's are going to really take them to the woodshed.

I disagree. Aside from the first handful of drives, I'd say our offensive line actually owned their defensive line.

Jamaal averaged over 5 YPC for the first time this season and I don't remember Alex getting sacked.

notorious
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
The 470 concerns me about 10%

The 210 yards our offense shit out concerns me 90%

The Franchise
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Manning isn't going to be strictly running 3 step drops either.

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 03:42 PM

I'm ignoring the offense because they suck. They sucked last week, they sucked in September, and they sucked today. That's not news.

Letting the Buffalo Bills get almost 500 yards of offense on you and not recording a single sack in the game IS new.

tk13
11-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I disagree. Aside from the first handful of drives, I'd say our offensive line actually owned their defensive line.

Jamaal averaged over 5 YPC for the first time this season and I don't remember Alex getting sacked.

They played better in the 2nd half but the interior line got whipped in the 1st half. Allen and Hudson especially were terrible.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Over under o n the ammount of times hef emptied his nuts to all those empty rush yards?

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Over under o n the ammount of times hef emptied his nuts to all those empty rush yards?

He's going to be pretty insufferable the next 2 weeks.

I might put him on ignore for awhile.

Easy 6
11-03-2013, 03:50 PM

Its by some small grace of God that they recorded no sacks, it was a jailbreak every third play.

Seeing a bit of run blocking life in the second half was nice though, JC was thiiis close to killing them 3-4 times... but still, you'd agree that somethings wrong up front, right?

9 games in and they still allow an insane amount of pressure and still cant open a lane big enough for JC to take it home, its become thickening.

LoneWolf
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Is Nico Johnson still on this team? There are 2 weak links on this defense and they are Kendrick Lewis and Akeem Jordan. I would like to see Demps starting for Lewis and Nico used some on early downs.

Frosty
11-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I thought the whole team looked lethargic in the first half today. Buffalo, on the other hand, looked fired up to play an undefeated team at home.

The defense scoring twice also skews the stats some as it takes away possessions from the offense (not necessarily a bad thing).

Finally, the single worst call I've ever seen kept one of their drives alive and led to a FG.

They should be rested and fired up at Denver in a couple of weeks.

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Is Nico Johnson still on this team? There are 2 weak links on this defense and they are Kendrick Lewis and Akeem Jordan. I would like to see Demps starting for Lewis and Nico used some on early downs.

I saw Johnson come in on one or two plays. He was just as useless. Missed two tackles.

O.city
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Defense slept walked today along with a Romeo type scheme waiting for the qb to make a mistake.

Eleazar
11-03-2013, 04:16 PM
The defense is fine other than Lewis who we already knew about. Most of his yards were a couple of busted coverages and missed tackles.

ThaVirus
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Seeing a bit of run blocking life in the second half was nice though, JC was thiiis close to killing them 3-4 times... but still, you'd agree that somethings wrong up front, right?

Yes, I agree that our offensive line blows dicks.

I saw Johnson come in on one or two plays. He was just as useless. Missed two tackles.

That may have been that James Michael-Johnson or whatever the fuck his name is. Number 52 I think. You mentioned him missing tackles during the game chat.

gosampel
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
9-0

gosampel
11-03-2013, 04:24 PM
what more do you want Tom Brady with a bow

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes, I agree that our offensive line blows dicks.

That may have been that James Michael-Johnson or whatever the fuck his name is. Number 52 I think. You mentioned him missing tackles during the game chat.

Eff. Nico is 57. You're right.

James Michael Johnson may as well have been George Michael Johnson out there.

scho63
11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Every fan can see that Kendrick Lewis is a liability.

Why is he still starting? He SUCKS

Baby Lee
11-03-2013, 04:58 PM
That's one of those gramattical errors that drives me crazy.

Not sure if serious. ROFL

Dave Lane
11-03-2013, 05:35 PM
The 470 concerns me about 10%

The 210 yards our offense shit out concerns me 90%

Yeah but Alex Smith is HOF bound. Reid said so. He graded out perfectly too.

Dave Lane
11-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Yeah that's the Chiefs big problem. Nailed it.

WhiteWhale
11-03-2013, 06:31 PM

The D shut him down in the 2nd half.

The piss poor showing in the trenches hurt us today. Pass rush was bad and they got pushed around in the run game.

When you consider how few plays our offense ran and how much time KC spent on the field against a physical buffalo offense I don't think they did too bad. The defense was put in a terrible position and managed to outscore KC and buffalo's offenses. Not bad.

Ace Gunner
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Run stoppers were absent all afternoon. I'm very concerned about DJ's inability to shed blocks when needed. Jordan was out of position during some big runs. Poe got buried and it all seemed to go south.

I'd say there's plenty to be concerned with regarding the defense. I don't think I buy the notion the team is tired -- they never looked dogged to me -- they were handled from play one today. they were simply outmuscled by a good OL that knew how to win the battle at the LOS.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Tackling was terrible and Spiller is fast as fuck...not worried about Slowshon or the Pile High running game though.

Mile High Mania
11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Colts and Skins ... there's 6 remaining games vs offenses in the top 15 scoring per game.

KC's run of facing spare #2-#3 QBs is over, good luck.

morphius
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Tackling was terrible and Spiller is fast as fuck...not worried about Slowshon or the Pile High running game though.
"Slowshon" doesn't go down easy either. Seems that DJ might have to give a tackling demonstration over the weekend...

...and Kendrick might have to have an injury before the next game...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Cool, now Sutton can bring the same heat he showed Romo, Vick, and Eli.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Colts and Skins ... there's 6 remaining games vs offenses in the top 15 scoring per game.

Denver has played

Flacco- Baltimore is having a awful year.
Eli- Chiefs played
Vick- Chiefs played
Pryor- Chiefs played
Romo- Chiefs played
Henne and Gabbert- Both suck
Luck- Stud and you lost that game
RGIII- Off year

mike_b_284
11-04-2013, 08:59 AM
any idea how many missed tackles we had yesterday? Curious how many yards we allowed after whiffing.

Sandy Vagina
11-04-2013, 09:01 AM
This "they are not playing starting QBs" talk doesn't really hold weight for me. If anything, it can be tougher for a defense to figure out a "new" quarterback. There isn't much if any film on them... so a defense is at a disadvantage of not knowing quite what to expect. Sutton is very clever, and would likely have more success against QBs that have more of a body of work to counter.

I know SF has had backups come in and have a nice initial start... then completely fizzle out once opponents figure out their game. KC played Philly and didn't know what would be thrown at them... Fitzpatrick for Tennessee has carved up KC in the past.. Keenum for Houston is clearly a 2014 upgrade over Schaub... Campbell and Pryor are on even ground, IMHO.. not impressed enough with Bills' rookie EJ Manuel to say it makes any difference had he started instead of Tuel.. who like the rest, was capable except that awful pick 6.

whoman69
11-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Tuel had 229. They also had 241 rushing yards for a total of 470.

Dayze
11-04-2013, 09:07 AM
I honestly think Sutton was trying to get out of the game with a win by showing a pretty vanilla scheme heading into the bye / Donkeys game.

WAY too many missed tackles; I'm curious what the extra yardage would be for the Bills after first contact.

RealSNR
11-04-2013, 10:29 AM

To be fair, only Fitzpatrick and Tuel were spare QBs.

Campbell and Keenum were conscious starts by their head coaches, elevating them to the new position of starter.

Not comparing these guys to him, but what you're saying is that if the Chiefs played Kurt Warner in 1999, he would have been considered a backup and therefore they got lucky.

Contrarian
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM

Totally agree but I think that his time on the field is going to be replaced by the play of Sanders Cummins (sp) fairly soon.

Frosty
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM

Campbell and Keenum were conscious starts by their head coaches, elevating them to the new position of starter.

Not comparing these guys to him, but what you're saying is that if the Chiefs played Kurt Warner in 1999, he would have been considered a backup and therefore they got lucky.

Does the fact that Keenum and Campbell both played well yesterday help legitimize the Chiefs' wins over Houston and Cleveland? Admittedly, it's still a small sample size.

Mile High Mania
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Campbell and Keenum were depth chart guys for a reason... but kudos for holding them off.

O.city
11-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Campbell and Keenum were depth chart guys for a reason... but kudos for holding them off.

So how shitty does that make the colts and ravens?

Chiefshrink
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM

No it's not called 'not giving a shit' it's called being on the field waaaay too long over a period of many weeks now catching up to them because our offense doesn't sustain drives until the 4th quarter which needs to change to the majority of the game and not just the 4th qrt.

Sorter
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
what more do you want Tom Brady with a bow

Yes. I think most would love that.

Chiefshrink
11-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Sutton's not going to wait around to "feel out" Manning.

He just can't. Those overload blitzes have to come out from the very ****ing start.

If they don't, the Chiefs are going to lose horrifically, and Bob Sutton's judgment should be seriously questioned. He would be no better than Romeo, who had the exact same pass-rushing talent and never ****ing used it.

Disagree, I think Sutton does have to play chess. This will be a match of minds for sure because Manning can read blitzes like no other and has the weapons to burn our ass so timing is everything IMO. I think Sutton has to be very crafty in disguising and when to go all out because as much as I love our D their pass rush is still not as good as the early 90's Chiefs IMO in which if it were then I would agree with you that Sutton doesn't have to play chess.

RealSNR
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes. I think most would love that.

Tom Brady with a bow.

That's almost as adorable as a dog with a handkerchief tied around its neck

http://www.aidansweeney.co.uk/userfiles/image/news/news9.jpg

Contrarian
11-04-2013, 11:01 AM
No it's not called 'not giving a shit' it's called being on the field waaaay too long over a period of many weeks now catching up to them because our offense doesn't sustain drives until the 4th quarter which needs to change to the majority of the game and not just the 4th qrt.

I disagree with that, the Chiefs have done some very long time consuming drives in the last few weeks. The D was the field a long time yesterday I'll give you that but previous games had nothing to do with that.

BlackHelicopters
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
We won the game

Chiefshrink
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I disagree with that, the Chiefs have done some very long time consuming drives in the last few weeks. The D was the field a long time yesterday I'll give you that but previous games had nothing to do with that.

We'll agree to disagree. Our offense needs to be on the field much longer if we are going to advance in the playoffs, period.

MagicHef
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM

If Schaub had been healthy, he would have started against KC.

If Hoyer had been healthy, he would have started against KC.

notorious
11-04-2013, 11:07 AM
We are just lucky.

I hope our opponents keep thinking this.

RealSNR
11-04-2013, 11:10 AM
If Schaub had been healthy, he would have started against KC.

If Hoyer had been healthy, he would have started against KC.

If Schaub had been healthy, the Texans would have lost far more miserably than they did with Keenum.

If Keenum is the starting QB when the Donks face him, that is a game Denver will lose. Mark my words.

Sorter
11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Tom Brady with a bow.

That's almost as adorable as a dog with a handkerchief tied around its neck

http://www.aidansweeney.co.uk/userfiles/image/news/news9.jpg

A TomBow for all mankind.

http://i.imgur.com/9JhP0Zw.jpg