PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Former Chiefs Opponents Having a Pretty Good Day Today

Hoover
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Cowboys won today
Eagles won today
Browns won today
Titans won today
and the Texans off to a big start.

The only team that the Chiefs have beat that lost today is the Raiders.

So yeah, we have had an east schedule, but I think we've beaten some pretty good teams. The sting of backup QB's is somewhat concerning, but I actually think we are better suited to play a guy like Manning than a young guy who runs around in the pocket.

Strongside
11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Cowboys won today
Eagles won today
Browns won today
Titans won today
and the Texans off to a big start.

The only team that the Chiefs have beat that lost today is the Raiders.

So yeah, we have had an east schedule, but I think we've beaten some pretty good teams. The sting of backup QB's is somewhat concerning, but I actually think we are better suited to play a guy like Manning than a young guy who runs around in the pocket.

Know why they won? Because they didn't play the Chiefs or Broncos.

Hoover
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Know why they won? Because they didn't play the Chiefs or Broncos.
Bingo.

SOS is such a BS stat.

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Texans will beat Denver. Keenum gonna torch that secondary.

a pp roach
11-03-2013, 08:09 PM
they won because we trained them well.

REDHOTGTO
11-03-2013, 08:13 PM
LMAOKnow why they won? Because they didn't play the Chiefs or Broncos.

I KNOW THAS RIGHT LMAOLMAOLMAO

Mr. Laz
11-03-2013, 08:14 PM
they won because we trained them well.

it sure seems like it

tredadda
11-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Remember all these teams suck when we play them, but are awesome when they play everyone else or Denver. That's how the media will somehow portray this.

Strongside
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Pete Prisco (KnowMo IRL) does not approve of this thread.

Bearcat
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, they beat teams that were previously 1-6, 3-4, 3-4, and 3-5.

Mediocre teams beating other shitty or mediocre teams weeks after playing the Chiefs proves the Chiefs have beaten some pretty good teams. Seems legit.

keg in kc
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
To add to it, the Cowboys are now 5-4, the Eagles 4-5, the Browns 4-5, and the Titans 4-4. After today we're talking about teams right around the .500 mark. So apparently we haven't just played the Jaguars 9 times.

Down4Chiefs
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
We've played teams who are inconsistent,great some weeks and weak others. Funny how the media get to make the decision that the week they played us was one of their bad days lol. Most of those teams had big games before us and after us.

But fuck it,we don't need the props. I'm all for going out and proving it on Sunday. We only have our self to blame by not beating these teams in more of a convincing fashion which we would if our offensive players had a pulse 4 quarters and the play calling wasn't suspect

a pp roach
11-03-2013, 08:39 PM
To add to it, the Cowboys are now 5-4, the Eagles 4-5, the Browns 4-5, and the Titans 4-4. After today we're talking about teams right around the .500 mark. So apparently we haven't just played the Jaguars 9 times.

and we've beaten the bills who beat the 5-3 panthers,
the titans who stomped the 5-4 jets,
the browns who beat the 6-3 bengals,
and houston is currently beating a 5-2 team.

let's also not forget the chargers have been getting slapped around by some of the teams we've beat

Iowanian
11-03-2013, 08:41 PM
I am certain it is a complete coincidence that all 9 teams the Chiefs have played have selected that week to under-perform offensively.

MagicHef
11-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Also, the Jaguars managed to not lose this week.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I am certain it is a complete coincidence that all 9 teams the Chiefs have played have selected that week to under-perform offensively.

Exactly

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Denver lost without even playing

Bearcat
11-03-2013, 08:50 PM
We've played teams who are inconsistent,great some weeks and weak others.

Yeah, I think the one you can really point at as a big success for the Chiefs was the Eagles game... they were the first team to slow them down, and since one team figured them out, it's probably a big reason for their inconsistency.

The Texans are odd since they were supposed to be a big test, but were playing terrible football coming into Arrowhead... if they keep playing well, maybe that will be seen as a turning point, and not just because it was Keenum's first game.

Games like the Colts/Texans are why you pretty much have to evaluate teams over quarters or even more games than that get a good feeling for them... one good or bad game here and there doesn't mean much when there's such a thin line dividing the ~10-11 win teams and the 5-6 win teams.