PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Nnamndi

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow...what happened to him?

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet1m
Source: #49ers plan to cut CB Nnamdi Asomugha today, with the expected activation of CB Eric Wright.

Rausch
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Crazy...

Skyy God
11-04-2013, 02:49 PM
He's a smart guy, got paid and has other interests outside of football (like fucking Kerry Washington).

No big surprise.

-King-
11-04-2013, 02:50 PM
He just was never that good. Ever. During his "great" years, he usually covered the #2 receiver. When he started shadowing #1s, he got exposed.

mcaj22
11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
yea but what's funny about this was this was 49ers fans justification for cutting Cooper

"we choose to keep veteran experience like Nnamdi over the young guy Cooper."

welp suck it now

-King-
11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
And plus, he was dating Kerry Washington. I don't know how much I'd be able to focus on football if I was going home to that every night.

Mav
He just was never that good. Ever. During his "great" years, he usually covered the #2 receiver. When he started shadowing #1s, he got exposed.

Incorrect.

He actually was that good. When he played in Rob Ryans Bump and run physical defense he was amazing.

Then he got to philly, and they played a lazy zone coverage. Which he was terrible at.

Now, he is just old, and has been outplayed by better players.

Reerun_KC
This should cause a nice meltdown... He was loved by a few here...

Saul Good
God bless him. He got us Marcus Cooper.

Mav
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
yea but what's funny about this was this was 49ers fans justification for cutting Cooper

"we choose to keep veteran experience like Nnamdi over the young guy Cooper."

welp suck it now

I am gonna guess the young guys they were talking about, were Culliver, and Brock.

Brock is having a pro bowl type season.

Yes, it would of been nice to of kept Cooper, but the 49ers defense seems to be doing okay without him.

-King-
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Incorrect.

He actually was that good. When he played in Rob Ryans Bump and run physical defense he was amazing.

Then he got to philly, and they played a lazy zone coverage. Which he was terrible at.

Now, he is just old, and has been outplayed by better players.

He was a good #2 corner. But he was never THAT good. His last year in Oakland he covered #1s and even in bump and run, he was getting beat.

mcaj22
11-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Nnamdi would actually be great depth for our defense

we would run the defense he was good in lol

RealSNR
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
He and Brandon Lloyd should get together and start their own NFL team and be fucking amazing because they both played high school football in Missouri /Chiefs Planet

-King-
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
He and Brandon Lloyd should get together and start their own NFL team and be fucking amazing because they both played high school football in Missouri /Chiefs Planet

What?

Mav
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
He was a good #2 corner. But he was never THAT good. His last year in Oakland he covered #1s and even in bump and run, he was getting beat.

Corners get beat. Even the great ones. But, after a while, they quit throwing at him period in Oakland.

Hes a system guy. He has to be in a physical system.

Unfortuately, in SF, his age is showing, and the kids around him are just better.

I think he would be a upgrade over Robinson.

-King-
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Corners get beat. Even the great ones. But, after a while, they quit throwing at him period in Oakland.

Hes a system guy. He has to be in a physical system.

Unfortuately, in SF, his age is showing, and the kids around him are just better.

No, they didn't throw at him in his first few years when he was covering the #2. But that changed when he started shadowing the #1 receiver. He was challenged a lot that year.

RealSNR
11-04-2013, 03:03 PM
What?

That was a joke. CP just loves Nnamdi for some reason. Always has.

Mav
11-04-2013, 03:04 PM
No, they didn't throw at him in his first few years when he was covering the #2. But that changed when he started shadowing the #1 receiver. He was challenged a lot that year.

Fair enough.

I just wont mention Kendrick lewis lol.

O.city
Dunta doesn't even see the field now. Ever.

I'd think about putting him at FS, but thats just me.

-King-
That was a joke. CP just loves Nnamdi for some reason. Always has.

I know it was a joke, but it didn't make sense. Nnamdi didn't play HS football in Missouri.

-King-
11-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Dunta doesn't even see the field now. Ever.

I'd think about putting him at FS, but thats just me.

Of all players, I actually wouldn't mind him replacing Lewis. I just don't like when people say we should replace him with Demps or Abdullah.

mcaj22
11-04-2013, 03:06 PM
the fact that Lewis can whiff and blow assignments every week and then still have one of the highest snap counts on the team boggles my mind

Mav
11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
the fact that Lewis can whiff and blow assignments every week and then still have one of the highest snap counts on the team boggles my mind

King yelled at me yesterday for continuously mentioning how bad he is in the flash chat lol

BlackHelicopters
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Somebody will want him.

O.city
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM

From all I've read, Lewis is the Qb of the defense, especially defensive backfield.

I'd say thats the reason.

mcaj22
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
King yelled at me yesterday for continuously mentioning how bad he is in the flash chat lol

yea but there's is not even any competition for him to be dethroned at what he does so no matter what he's always going to be out there and you'd think just by trial and error he would learn from experience and get better, when it seems to be the opposite.

mcaj22
From all I've read, Lewis is the Qb of the defense, especially defensive backfield.

I'd say thats the reason.

I thought that was DJ?

COchief
I think it's pretty easy to speculate on NFL players from our seats, however I think it would actually be very different to live the NFL life.

For some players football is just not their passion, take the job you disliked the most but you happened to be very good at. Now imagine you did that job for 5-10 years and managed to make 50 million, would you be going in the following Monday?

As much as we like to think the players are die hard warriors for their teams and care only about crushing their guy on every play, for some it is just a job that they happened to be blessed with the skills to do well (Grbac comes to mind). I could easily relate to a 30+ year old Nnamndi lining up against Megatron/Dez and getting schooled over and over and then having to tackle 250+ lb TEs, FBs, Rbs, and getting pancaked by 300+ lineman kicking out on running plays and him going "welp, I've got 50 mill and I've had enough of this shit already, peace out".

DJ's left nut
11-04-2013, 03:13 PM

True story.

He wouldn't come here as a depth corner, but we do run about the only system I can think of that he could perform in.

Really, he should talk to teams about a conversion to FS at this point. He still has enough athleticism to to play FS and is physical enough to be better than most of them in run-support.

O.city
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I thought that was DJ?

I think Dj is of the front 7 or 5 or whatever they are in, but Lewis is on the backend.

O.city
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
True story.

He wouldn't come here as a depth corner, but we do run about the only system I can think of that he could perform in.

Really, he should talk to teams about a conversion to FS at this point. He still has enough athleticism to to play FS and is physical enough to be better than most of them in run-support.

I'm still not sure why Robinson hasn't moved to that spot. I think both guys profile at it pretty well.

Saul Good
11-04-2013, 03:19 PM
True story.

I don't get the impression he's the type of guy to learn a new position to take a huge pay cut (when the alternative is retiring a multi millionaire).

DJ's left nut
11-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't get the impression he's the type of guy to learn a new position to take a huge pay cut (when the alternative is retiring a multi millionaire).

Seems unlikely.

Can't say that I blame him.

HemiEd
11-04-2013, 03:21 PM
God bless him. He got us Marcus Cooper.

He has to be one of the brightest spots on the roster. Damn it is so cool to see a guy like this come the Chiefs way. The kid is making me get over my Brandon Carr butthurt.

threebag
11-04-2013, 03:28 PM
He has to be one of the brightest spots on the roster. Damn it is so cool to see a guy like this come the Chiefs way. The kid is making me get over my Brandon Carr butthurt.

lol, ya this.

notorious
11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Can he play safety?

Jakemall
11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Can he play safety?

He played safety in college...but he hasn't been known in the NFL for his amazing tackling ability.

Iconic
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Do not need football when I'm basically ****ing the black version of Scarlett Johanson every night. WHEW.

http://i.imgur.com/Sl3vPuC.jpg

T-post Tom
11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
32, $4M, & couldn't beat out rookie FA Darryl Morris. Not part of the family. Don't want.

saphojunkie
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
If Kendrick Lewis is the quarterback of the defense, then why the hell is he always out of position?

Every deep pass we've given up, it's because there is zero help over the top and Kendrick Lewis is on the other side of the field watching nothing happen.

listopencil
11-04-2013, 06:49 PM
And plus, he was dating Kerry Washington. I don't know how much I'd be able to focus on football if I was going home to that every night.

Oh, well shit, the poor guy is probably exhausted.

scho63
11-04-2013, 07:03 PM
If Kendrick Lewis is the quarterback of the defense, then why the hell is he always out of position?

Every deep pass we've given up, it's because there is zero help over the top and Kendrick Lewis is on the other side of the field watching nothing happen.

He was burnt so bad yesterday on Buffalo's first TD. He basically ran IN on the coverage as the WR blew right past him. WTF was he thinking?

The Giants. the Cowboys, the Bills, and I think at least one more of our opponents have run the same right side fly pattern right past our coverage.

Cruz got a TD

Dez Bryant dropped a sure TD

Goodwin scored a TD

Who else am I missing? Didn't Case Keenum drop one in on us? Jason Campbell?

O.city
11-04-2013, 07:29 PM
It's weird because your main job as a safety, in most cases, is to stay as deep as the deepest man.

Lewis fucks that up alot