PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN The Mag - Special Trip to Denver

Pages : [1] 2

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Long overdue update here. When we put out the all-call for groups we hit up Twitter and Facebook as well as Chiefsplanet. I staved off a decision long enough to give CP time to come up with a plan. However, because we are 6 days out and ESPN needs to make arrangements, a decision was made to move forward with the two groups that are organized and have their vehicles ready for deployment.

There will still be a big tailgate before the game and we'll provide details soon. We are looking at some local options to house both RVs and basically have a private parking lot to ourselves free from Bronco-fan- Debris.

Easy 6
11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Ah, so now ESPN wants in on a lil Chiefs fans love and mania... that sounds cool.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
How about Chiefs fans who crouch behind enemy lines in Denver, running the deep recon missions with our faces smeared with camouflage?

Bowser
11-05-2013, 03:42 PM
How about Chiefs fans who crouch behind enemy lines in Denver, running the deep recon missions with our faces smeared with camouflage?

You such fans deserve an A&E Biography special.

loochy
11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
What about Chiefs fans that travel to Jets games to cheer Geno Smith>?

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2013, 03:51 PM
They can ride along only if they agree to allow us to mount the severed heads of Mark Schlereth and Tom Jackson to the front grill of the rv as it rolls west along 70 into Colorado.

BlackHelicopters
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM
What about Chiefs fans that travel to Jets games to fap to Geno Smith>?

FYP

alpha_omega
11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Is Suzy coming along?

tooge
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Probably going to be alot of drinking and accidental falls. Whoever it is, they are going to need a dentist. I volunteer to be the voyage dentist... for free beer.

cosmo20002
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
They are looking for a group of Chiefs fans taking an RV from KC to Denver. They want to ride along, take pics, document the experience and the tailgate party.

That sounds like it should be a fascinating article when it comes out. I smell a Pulizter...

Strongside
11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
My friends Walt and Jesse are going I think...

http://i.imgur.com/mffhaD9.jpg

Direckshun
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Awesome.

I wish I was going.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
11-05-2013, 04:35 PM

ESPN mag wants the blue yo

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Seriously, some of y'all should rent an RV and do this. How often are you going to get a magazine feature about you?

InChiefsHeaven
11-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Man, I would actually like to do something like this. Never been to Pile High and it would be epic to have espen the magazine do a story.

Sadly, I'll be out trying to kill Bambi or one of his sisters that weekend. Represent us well all...do it for the Planet!!

Strongside
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
ESPN mag wants the blue yo

SPORTS, BITCH!

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 04:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JtylyiK.jpg

saphojunkie
11-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I say we take a collection, pick the five smartest posters on here with a strong cross-section of ALEX SMITH SUX and 9-0 LEMME ENJOY IT opinions, and send them on their way so we don't end up with the Truefan Gif Stars as the embodiment of Chiefs fans.

Let's represent KC well.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Or instead of an RV, a formation of Camaros stay in the shape of an Arrowhead the entire way to Denver, and the Zubaz-wearing passenger is flipping off the inevitable news helicopters.

Strongside
11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JtylyiK.jpg

LMAO

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I say we take a collection, pick the five smartest posters on here with a strong cross-section of ALEX SMITH SUX and 9-0 LEMME ENJOY IT opinions, and send them on their way so we don't end up with the Truefan Gif Stars as the embodiment of Chiefs fans.

Let's represent KC well.

I'll kick in $50 if we do this.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I gotta go paint a Chiefs LOGO on my portable collection chamber and give ESPN a call. It'll be the ride that they'll remember forever.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 05:24 PM
After the Buffalo game, my wife actually came into the man cave and suggested that we use some distant relatives in the Denver area as an excuse to go "visit" them...and she suggested a long weekend on the 17th and just winked at me. I've never been so attracted to her.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2013, 05:26 PM
After the Buffalo game, my wife actually came into the man cave and suggested that we use some distant relatives in the Denver area as an excuse to go "visit" them...and she suggested a long weekend on the 17th and just winked at me. I've never been so attracted to her.

She said the same thing to me. Don't get all excited she just wants money as usual.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 05:27 PM
She said the same thing to me. Don't get all excited she just wants money as usual.

LMAO

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:31 PM
People! Do this! This is cool!

If I fly to Kansas City, can I ride back in the RV? Anyone want to come with me? How much does an RV cost? This could be really cool.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:37 PM

Let's represent KC well.

I've got a 159 IQ and I figure that as long as we are driving and not flying I should be pretty safe.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I've got a 158 IQ and I figure that as long as we are driving and not flying I should be pretty safe.

Do you know how to grill? I don't know how to grill. But I know how to get around in Denver.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Do you know how to grill? I don't know how to grill. But I know how to get around in Denver.

My mother actually taught me(she's a saint of a woman by the way).

Goldmember
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I think this group had better hire a driver or they'll end up drunk and naked in a whore's bed in Tijuana

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:44 PM
My mother actually taught me(she's a saint of a woman by the way).

You're in. But recognize that I'll make a few jokes about your mother along the way.

I want to do this. Seriously, who's in? And Marty, can I do it if I fly to KC and then road trip back home? I think we can write that into the script.

digger
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.scifilists.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/its-a-tarp-719413.jpg

cosmo20002

Let's represent KC well.

Hmmm.

REDHOTGTO
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4fyS5CLBgyM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
Hmmm.

Don't worry about that. We'd let you come along.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I've got a 159 IQ and I figure that as long as we are driving and not flying I should be pretty safe.

So then you'd know that statistically, flying would be much safer than driving.

Bearcat
11-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Let's represent KC well.

In.

ALEX SMITH SUX!

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
You're in. But recognize that I'll make a few jokes about your mother along the way.

I want to do this. Seriously, who's in? And Marty, can I do it if I fly to KC and then road trip back home? I think we can write that into the script.

As long as you don't mind me suing you back to the stone age.

But seriously, this does sound like fun and I actually could probably make it work. However, it would probably be a bit odd if they're doing a story about people road tripping from KC and none of us actually live there. :)

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
In.

ALEX SMITH SUX!

You're in charge of the radio. Classic rock only.

And in case no one noticed, Andchief added a point to his IQ in an edit. I plan to give him hell about that around Great Bend.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:50 PM
So then you'd know that statistically, flying would be much safer than driving.

That's what they tell you. But I've heard that planes have a tendency to break apart in mid-air.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:51 PM
But seriously, this does sound like fun and I actually could probably make it work. However, it would probably be a bit odd if they're doing a story about people road tripping from KC and none of us actually live there. :)

I thought that at first, too, but what better story than, "A bunch of guys who know each other from a football site decide to meet in KC, eat some barbecue, and then road trip from Arrowhead to The Fortress of Evil"?

Would that work, Marty?

AndChiefs

And in case no one noticed, Andchief added a point to his IQ in an edit. I plan to give him hell about that around Great Bend.

Perhaps, but I'll probably have to respond with some quips about getting my name wrong when calling me out about the edit.

1ChiefsDan

Except I don't wear camo. Truck is Chiefed up, even the license plate. Red EVERY Friday, flag on the house. Let's go Chiefs!

11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Paging Luv and the Springfield WINnebago

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I thought that at first, too, but what better story than, "A bunch of guys who know each other from a football site decide to meet in KC, eat some barbecue, and then road trip from Arrowhead to The Fortress of Evil"?

Would that work, Marty?

That's true. It's probably more hardcore dedication than any fan story they've done in the past. Plus, it adds an interesting twist.

Bearcat
11-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Done. I will also laugh at all of your jokes. And I actually live here, so I could pick up everyone else from the airport before we head out.

11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
god I would love to be part of this.

Bearcat
11-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I can also say things like "Why does it feel like I've been on this ride before?" that will relate to both the RV ride and my side of the 'Alex Smith sux'/'Let me enjoy 9-0' debate.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I can also say things like "Why does it feel like I've been on this ride before?" that will relate to both the RV ride and my side of the 'Alex Smith sux'/'Let me enjoy 9-0' debate.

We could also make terrible inside jokes about random posters from CP.

Not that I would do that. Someone else probably would though.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:58 PM
So seriously, who all is in? And how many do we need? If Marty's okay with some out-of-towners piling on, let's do it. If you're in, call it now.

I'm in.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I've gotta run. Piano lesson tonight. But I'll check back in later.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I nominate Mr nasty KC nut to be on this ride.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
So seriously, who all is in? And how many do we need? If Marty's okay with some out-of-towners piling on, let's do it. If you're in, call it now.

I'm in.

I'd have to double check schedules (when I'd have to be in KC, etc. to be sure). Any clarification on this from Marty would be helpful.

Hog Rider
11-05-2013, 06:07 PM
I'd be good to go, but being a veteran reader and not poster on CP, I'd likely sit in the corner and just watch, then emit an occasional unintelligible comment and get a neg' rep'.
But I can drink with the best of 'em.

Bearcat
11-05-2013, 06:08 PM

I'm in.

I could probably do it, but would need to know fairly soon... I assume it would take ~10+ hours in an RV, so we could leave early Sunday morning and get there in plenty of time. It would be more difficult if we took an entire weekend to do it, but might be able to either way.

Tickets start at about $300/ea on stubhub, BTW...

patteeu
11-05-2013, 06:10 PM

Would that work, Marty?

Haha, that's a great idea.

patteeu
11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I can't do this because of a previous commitment involving my wife, but you guys should definitely get something going here. You could even get a handful of RVs to convoy to Denver.

Someone should get Direckshun involved. And for God's sake, keep the Debbie Downers who never do anything but complain about how awful we are out of it.

AndChiefs
11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd be good to go, but being a veteran reader and not poster on CP, I'd likely sit in the corner and just watch, then emit an occasional unintelligible comment and get a neg' rep'.
But I can drink with the best of 'em.

Well if you can do that plus smoke up some meat when we get there we could probably fit you in somewhere (the roof perhaps).

Mr. Arrowhead
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
yea this would be awesome to be apart of

Simply Red
11-05-2013, 06:27 PM

I'm in.

I'm in for $100 via paypal.

Brock
11-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Congrats have fun

DaFace
11-05-2013, 06:36 PM
I could probably do it, but would need to know fairly soon... I assume it would take ~10+ hours in an RV, so we could leave early Sunday morning and get there in plenty of time. It would be more difficult if we took an entire weekend to do it, but might be able to either way.

Tickets start at about $300/ea on stubhub, BTW...

Yeah, I'd love to go to the game, but the beer in my fridge at home is a lot cheaper than $300. Plus, I wouldn't be surrounded by Bronco fans. :)

1ChiefsDan
11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'd love to go to the game, but the beer in my fridge at home is a lot cheaper than $300. Plus, I wouldn't be surrounded by Bronco fans. :)Wish I had the $300 for a ticket and that I hadn't just had my 3rd spinal fusion surgery. Going to games at pile high decked out in Chiefs gear is a blast.

Raiderhater
11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
So is ESPNMag pitching in on gas and beer?

RealSNR
11-05-2013, 06:56 PM
All the people who are considering doing this should be mindful that ESPN just says "a group of Chiefs fans." If you go in and do this together, there's no reason why ESPN wouldn't say, "We need more to write about. We got a tip from some folks that this Barry Peraino guy is interesting. We're bringing him along."

Raiderhater
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
All the people who are considering doing this should be mindful that ESPN just says "a group of Chiefs fans." If you go in and do this together, there's no reason why ESPN wouldn't say, "We need more to write about. We got a tip from some folks that this Barry Peraino guy is interesting. We're bringing him along."

Not if they want a ride they aren't.

cabletech94
11-05-2013, 07:04 PM
what a fantastic idea!!! i'd love to get involved in this!!! god damnit i heart the chiefs!!!

TLO
11-05-2013, 07:07 PM
This is exciting.

I genuinely hope that it's a bunch of people from this board that go.

Direckshun
11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I can't do this because of a previous commitment involving my wife, but you guys should definitely get something going here. You could even get a handful of RVs to convoy to Denver.

Someone should get Direckshun involved. And for God's sake, keep the Debbie Downers who never do anything but complain about how awful we are out of it.

That's incredibly generous.

I fear that my ability to go is severely hampered. I'm already booking trips to Chicago and OKC in the next six months.

That said, if there were some way to make this financially feasible for me to go, I'd bend over backwards to find a way to do it. As of now, I'm strapped due to prior engagements.

ptlyon
11-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Can Fountain Girl go???

Brock
11-05-2013, 07:25 PM

It would be funny to see the rvs pulling over around goodland and a bald skinny dude ejected from one of them.

Bearcat
11-05-2013, 07:30 PM
It would be funny to see the rvs pulling over around goodland and a bald skinny dude ejected from one of them.

Pffft, no time to stop.

Simply Red
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Wish I had the $300 for a ticket and that I hadn't just had my 3rd spinal fusion surgery. Going to games at pile high decked out in Chiefs gear is a blast.

Dang - are you better?

Ace Gunner
11-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I'll do it. If they provide hookers & blow.

patteeu
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I'll do it. If they provide hookers & blow.

Wait a minute. If they're providing hookers and blow, my wife can handle our prior commitment on her own.

mesmith31
11-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm always down for a roadtrip. If you are serious about doing it let me know. Otherwise, I could probably get a crew together on short notice. My buddy in Denver just told me he is working on some tickets now, but thought they could be scalped there too.

1ChiefsDan
11-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Dang - are you better?
Healing, thanks. Fused from C3-C7 now. They took out some of the old metal and put in new rods along the back of the spine. Looking forward to seeing the new xrays Thursday.

Even though I canceled my subscription to ESPN the Mag, I would read this article on a Chiefs roadtrip.

Carlota69
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, I'd be happy to chip in a little cash to help someone who wants to go. Paypal style. I'll hook up $50 to help the cause. Let me know, I'd really like to be apart of this the only way I can from Vegas. I'd love to see the piece on ESPN.

mesmith31
11-05-2013, 08:59 PM
That Sunday is actually my birthday, would be a hell of a way to celebrate.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Hell, if we're collecting donations I'll certainly take my fatass on the RV and put on a show! Yeah, not really but it sure fucking sounds cool!

Carlota69
11-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Seriously, you guys should get a Chiefsplanet Caravan together. I'll pitch in. I wish I could go....

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, I'm just now getting back to the board.

We can definitely sync up as a group of die hard fans from Chiefsplanet. It will strengthen the story angle considerably. ESPN will not pitch in for costs, they want to tag along and get the story in the raw...which means one dude drives, the rest drink beer and bullshit about Chiefs football.

Who can land an RV from this board. How long is the drive time from KC to Denver?

Unfortunately my job has me in Jacksonville in the days leading up, coaching soccer and attending the ASU game on Saturday night. I can fly into Denver and meet you guys on Sunday morning.

If you guys are serious, it's time to put yo nuts on the table and firm up.

:)

Marty

stevieray
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM

We can definitely sync up as a group of die hard fans from Chiefsplanet. It will strengthen the story angle considerably. ESPN will not pitch in for costs, they want to tag along and get the story in the raw...which means one dude drives, the rest drink beer and bullshit about Chiefs football.

Who can land an RV from this board. How long is the drive time from KC to Denver?

Unfortunately my job has me in Jacksonville in the days leading up, coaching soccer and attending the ASU game on Saturday night. I can fly into Denver and meet you guys on Sunday morning.

Marty

10 hours

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Okay, the group so far is as follows, right? Tell me if I missed you or if I'm calling your bluff.

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Donations for a scholarship if someone needs it:

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

So everyone gets their own tickets for the game, and we split the RV cost. I looked at a random site and an RV runs $250 a night, plus $300 or so in gas and a $225 prep fee. Is one big RV enough, or do we need two?

If we have 9 people in one big RV, that runs about $170 each.

Is everyone in?

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 10:19 PM
If the plan is to tailgate, I think we'd need to leave Saturday, and take two days going out. We'd need to get there early enough to get supplies and find a spot and stuff, and I don't want to take any chances of car trouble or something making us late.

I'm not sure if I'd ride back, so maybe we/you could make it in one day going back. People could probably crash at my house after the game if the RV would be cramped.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Saturday night departure is wise for the car trouble reason. 610AM is going to broadcast from a sister property in Denver all day leading up to kickoff. We can get Fescoe and the boys to come over to the tailgate.

Carlota69
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Saturday night departure is wise for the car trouble reason. 610AM is going to broadcast from a sister property in Denver all day leading up to kickoff. We can get Fescoe and the boys to come over to the tailgate.

I know the boss at 610 as well. I can tell him what's going and help get more press? Also, maybe the thread title should include that you guys are looking for trVelers and help with $$$?

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM

Can you get a confirmation that we'll have an imbedded journalist? I need to buy an airline ticket fast.

teedubya
11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Should we instead organize a convoy of Camaros?

teedubya
11-05-2013, 10:30 PM
I would totally do this, but I'll be in San Fran. :-(

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-05-2013, 10:34 PM
^Always in San Fran. Always.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Rain Man, I'll send him an email.

Psyko Tek
11-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Fellow Fans,

Today I was contacted by ESPN The Magazine. They are looking for a group of Chiefs fans taking an RV from KC to Denver. They want to ride along, take pics, document the experience and the tailgate party.

Does anyone know of such a group or gathering?

Mods, can you sticky this post please?

Thanks,

Marty

I am in AZ, take route 66 in and pick me up

Psyko Tek
11-05-2013, 11:10 PM

IQ?

this ifs football
and BBQ and beer

who the fuck cares what your IQ is according to some internet test

mine was 175

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 11:24 PM
IQ?

this ifs football
and BBQ and beer

who the **** cares what your IQ is according to some internet test

mine was 175

In Miles 250 through 350 I plan to hold a physics trivia quiz.

teedubya
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
^Always in San Fran. Always.

I'm out there about 2 weeks per month, lately... And Tiny Evel has offered to hang out ZERO times. ROFL

Phobia
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
I'll go. I'll even drive on the way home until I pass out.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm out there about 2 weeks per month, lately... And Tiny Evel has offered to hang out ZERO times. ROFL

Have you criticized his helmet and his red, white, and blue outfit? He's sensitive about that stuff.

Rain Man
11-05-2013, 11:35 PM

We need you on this. Way to step up.

11-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Okay, the group so far is as follows, right? Tell me if I missed you or if I'm calling your bluff.

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

So everyone gets their own tickets for the game, and we split the RV cost. I looked at a random site and an RV runs $250 a night, plus $300 or so in gas and a $225 prep fee. Is one big RV enough, or do we need two?

Is everyone in?

NO, as much as I would LOVE to be a part of this, there is no way I can swing it.

TinyEvel
11-06-2013, 01:39 AM
I am applying for spousal hall pass. It'll be tough cuz we have company that weekend, but I've been good, Santa. We need to put on a good tailgate show, though. We need the best recipes and BBQ that is worthy of Arrowhead.

patteeu
11-06-2013, 05:33 AM

Wait a minute. If Phobia's in, I'm in.

Just kidding and trying to get Phobia excited. I'm still busy. But next to Direckshun (and Rain Man), Phobia might be my first choice to represent the positive, sensible Chiefs' fan so I'm glad to hear he's signed on. And I take it that he'll be an asset when it comes to tailgating.

Saul Good needs to sign on to this project though. Please.

InChiefsHeaven
11-06-2013, 06:35 AM
I wonder what time Dungver will open for tailgating, since it's now a night game...

Simply Red
11-06-2013, 06:36 AM
:
Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

Is everyone in?

still good here.

Simply Red
11-06-2013, 06:38 AM
hey Marty,

You may (also) try PMing Bob Dole. If you haven't yet.

ArrowheadHawk
11-06-2013, 07:51 AM

:shake: You do not go through Great Bend on the way to Denver.

11-06-2013, 07:55 AM
:shake: You do not go through Great Bend on the way to Denver.

I would certainly hope not.

luv
11-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Marty

Hell, we do that anyway.

luv
11-06-2013, 08:54 AM
How cool would it be to take our baby over? That's my birthday weekend as well.

dtebbe
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Question is.. with ESPN pick up the fuel tab? LMAO

mesmith31
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Details: Leave Saturday. Get their Sunday. Watch Chiefs Win. Drive Back. Chip in $170. Buy your own Ticket. About cover it?

chiefs1okie
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Make it happen!! This is perfect!

luv
11-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Question is.. with ESPN pick up the fuel tab? LMAO

Someone already said no to that. Kind of sucks. They want to tag along, they're getting the story, but they don't want to help out? You know how much fuel costs are on something that gets 9 mpg at best? Least they could do is hook us up with a prime tailgate spot and tickets to the game.

luv
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Make it happen!! This is perfect!

At this point, it's not likely at all. Dad's been off work for months with his shoulder, and his first scheduled day back at work is 11/18. It's a nice dream though.

Chiefshrink
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Ah, so now ESPN wants in on a lil Chiefs fans love and mania... that sounds cool.

Nah, they want in on the 'reality TV ratings' and the potential meltdown of a game,showing the upbeat emotional high of Chief fans prior to the game and then showing the devastated emotions afterwards. And this is what they are hoping for because many in the big sports media markets can't stand our record and it works against their narrative. They (ESPN Primadonna Elites) want to humble KC in the worst way and shut our asses up and a good emotional train wreck of Chief fans is the way to do it in their eyes. Of course they would never tell you this but this IS WHAT THEY WANT !! They kill 2 birds with one stone with so-called reality TV: 1) Big ratings 2) Now get back in line where you belong !

I would never sell out my Chief love and loyalty to a bunch of pretentious TV sports network jerks who want to exploit me WIN or LOSE !!!

luv
11-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Nah, they want in on the 'reality TV ratings' and the potential meltdown of a game,showing the upbeat emotional high of Chief fans prior to the game and then showing the devastated emotions afterwards. And this is what they are hoping for because many in the big sports media markets can't stand our record and it works against their narrative. They (ESPN Primadonna Elites) want to humble KC in the worst way and shut our asses up and a good emotional train wreck of Chief fans is the way to do it in their eyes. Of course they would never tell you this but this IS WHAT THEY WANT !! They kill 2 birds with one stone with so-called reality TV: 1) Big ratings 2) Now get back in line where you belong !

I would never sell out my Chief love and loyalty to a bunch of pretentious TV sports network jerks who want to exploit me WIN or LOSE !!!
Guarantee you that, if we lose, a majority of the story would be about the long ride home.

Chiefshrink
11-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Guarantee you that, if we lose, a majority of the story would be about the long ride home.

F'N Ayyyy !!:thumb:

Bearcat
11-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

Is everyone in?

Maybe... I completely understand why you all would want to leave on Saturday, but I'm not sure I could do 3 days, and thinking about a $300+ ticket plus another ~$200 just to get there and back, much less food, beer, etc. It would be a pretty epic trip, but I'm not sure I could justify the time and money when I could just spent a couple hundred and several hours and go to Arrowhead a couple weeks later.

TinyEvel
11-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Sadly, I am out.

Too much pressure right now as we have family visitors that week and work has been busy. IF I want to stay married, I can't go. Mancard revoked.

I will donate $50 to the cause, though. ALso, we should set up an instagram or twitter feed/hashtag for those who go to post on. At the very least a thread, like the old bash threads.

Make sure you guys bring the crystal plunger, or a crystal tire iron or equivalent.

Bearcat
11-06-2013, 09:37 AM

:facepalm:

You should have stopped after the first sentence, which is somewhat understandable. The inferiority complex of this place may have reached new heights with the rest of it.

luv
11-06-2013, 09:41 AM

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

Is everyone in?

If you all need a token female to make this a non-sausage fest, I'll go. However, I would need that scholarship. Where do I apply for that?

Chiefshrink
11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
:facepalm:

You should have stopped after the first sentence, which is somewhat understandable. The inferiority complex of this place may have reached new heights with the rest of it.

There is no inferiority here, it is 'REALITY' (pardon the pun:p) and especially about our culture. Get in touch with the culture my friend(don't have to accept it) but see it for what it is as I said "WIN or LOSE !!!

Mile High Mania
11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Will be interesting to see if you guys pull this off...

Curious, what is it costing you in tickets this late in the process?

Chiefshrink
11-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Will be interesting to see if you guys pull this off...

Curious, what is it costing you in tickets this late in the process?

They are depending on you for hooking them up !!:thumb:

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 09:51 AM
If you all need a token female to make this a non-sausage fest, I'll go. However, I would need that scholarship. Where do I apply for that?

Ill pitch in $50

Brock
11-06-2013, 09:57 AM

LMAO

wazu
Holy hell. Cheapest ticket on Stubhub, for the entire stadium, is $270.

SeeingRed
Cool

Mile High Mania
11-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Holy hell. Cheapest ticket on Stubhub, for the entire stadium, is $270.

Yeah, that's just crazy $ ... I just won't pay that much money to watch a football game live. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

Is everyone in?
I would absoluty love to, but after looking at the price per ticket which the cheapest seat is $270 a piece, then it looks like im out, unless someone wants to help me out lol

TLO
11-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I feel like the plan is falling apart. :(

ESPN should pitch in and get you guys some kick-ass tickets.

Bearcat
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
There is no inferiority here, it is 'REALITY' (pardon the pun:p) and especially about our culture. Get in touch with the culture my friend(don't have to accept it) but see it for what it is as I said "WIN or LOSE !!!

I'm sure they're looking for drama, but it's pretty ridiculous to think they're 'desperate to humble/shut up Chiefs fans'... why, because they like Peyton Manning?

People project all of their emotion and complexes towards these huge multi billion dollar industries who just want to go where the story is at. Ten years ago they had the 'blue print to the Super Bowl' with an arrowhead on the cover each week on ESPN and there's plenty of love for the Chiefs right now, but they despise Kansas City because they might win a game vs Peyton Manning (or whatever bullshit reasoning)?

They don't give a shit about Kansas City or any other small market one way or another until there's a good reason to do so, and after weeks of "omg the Chiefs aren't getting any respect," yeah, it would take a pretty big inferiority complex to turn this into anything but a cool opportunity for a few fans.

luv
11-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I know it sounds pointless, but, if I'm unable to get a ticket, I'd still go just for the ride and tailgating. I love road trips.

And besides that, are there any tickets available together?

Bearcat
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah, that's just crazy $ ... I just won't pay that much money to watch a football game live. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, and considering they start at about a hundred dollars less for the game at Arrowhead a couple weeks later, without the travel expenses and being surrounded by Bronco fans.... I've rationalized it before as going to one big game, as opposed to spending $120+ per game on face value tickets plus parking to two or three games, but when it climbs to $500+ just for a nosebleed ticket and travel....

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
This is not for TV. It's ESPN The Mag.

It's a fun journey, a unique chance to be profiled in the magazine and throw support at the Chiefs. This is one of those trips you'll carry forward for the rest of your life and with ESPN, it will be in print and you can mount it on your Chiefs wall for future glory and BS stories.

stevieray
11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
FDE would knock this out of the park.

patteeu
11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Someone already said no to that. Kind of sucks. They want to tag along, they're getting the story, but they don't want to help out? You know how much fuel costs are on something that gets 9 mpg at best? Least they could do is hook us up with a prime tailgate spot and tickets to the game.

In theory they aren't trying to manufacture an event, they're trying to observe one and report on it. Think about what it looks like from the outside if you read a news story and then find out all the interviewees were paid to appear.

Hog Rider
11-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Marty Mac
Rain Man
Andchiefs
Bearcat
Guru?
Hog Rider
Mr. Arrowhead?
cabletech94
mesmith31

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50

Is everyone in?

I just realized that weekend I have scheduled (and paid for) Concealed Carry training on Saturday and Sunday. Though since it's a night game I won't miss any of it now. If I reschedule I'll let ya'll know asap, but don't hold a spot. Sorry. Have a great time y'all.

Hog

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 10:36 AM
That son of a gun needs to go!

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Hang tight....Ive got some peoples minds wheeling and dealing trying to figure this thing out!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I found this comment on a Facebook group:

I have a 22 person CHIEFS bus that I want to drive out there but I'm looking for people to fill it. Looking for some Die Hard fans that want to go. It's about a 10hr drive on the Red Machine Party Bus, We would need to drive out there Saturday and get to the stadium early on Sunday to tailgate. $50 a person should cover the Gas and parking passes. I'll be taking a full size grill and full tailgating setup including 2 TVS. Any of you who don't have tickets can watch the game inside or outside the bus. If we get enough committed fans, we can make this happen. INBOX me

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM

I have a 22 person CHIEFS bus that I want to drive out there but I'm looking for people to fill it. Looking for some Die Hard fans that want to go. It's about a 10hr drive on the Red Machine Party Bus, We would need to drive out there Saturday and get to the stadium early on Sunday to tailgate. $50 a person should cover the Gas and parking passes. I'll be taking a full size grill and full tailgating setup including 2 TVS. Any of you who don't have tickets can watch the game inside or outside the bus. If we get enough committed fans, we can make this happen. INBOX me

I just got off the phone with 610s Program Director. Hes strongly considering helping. Marty, be on the lookout for a call or email from Fresco (or however you spell his name, Im not sure ;-)

luv
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM

This is cool, but I'd feel more comfortable going if it were purely Chiefsplanet. Or if enough people from CP were going on this, I guess.

stevieray
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM

ooh lala

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
This is cool, but I'd feel more comfortable going if it were purely Chiefsplanet. Not sure why...lol.

if it was possible, could you take your RV? the one in the pic?

luv
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM
if it was possible, could you take your RV? the one in the pic?

I'd have to talk to dad. He'd have to get with the other two guys who own it with him.

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd have to talk to dad. He'd have to get with the other two guys who own it with him.

Itd be in a magazine....

luv
11-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Itd be in a magazine....

I'll talk to him about it over my lunch hour.

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 11:01 AM
I'll talk to him about it over my lunch hour.

Im trying hard over here to get some of you some major help. So, talk to your dad just in case this comes thru:thumb:

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Carlotta is awesome. :)

SPchief
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Power of CP is gonna come thru again.

C-Mac
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM

I 2nd that!

luv
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
No-go on our RV. The guys can't make the trip.

Carlota69
11-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Well looks like going to have to try and hook up with the 22 person caravan group?

saphojunkie
11-06-2013, 01:51 PM
SO HELP ME GOD, IF YOU PEOPLE GET AN RV AND DON'T PAINT "TEH SHIP!" ON ITS SIDE, I WILL BRIBE MY WAY INTO MODHOOD AND PERMABAN YOU ALL.

chiefs1okie
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM

I too, would love to be considered for the "scholarship" program. And willing to publicly embarrass myself with a short autobiography to justify being a recipient.
In short, six figure income, quarter million dollar home, 3-4 trips a year to Arrowhead, no health insurance (long story), heart attack, lost job, found another job, another heart attack, lost job again, 2 heart surgeries and a subsequent bypass surgery later, lost everything I owned and worked for in the last 25 yrs, Baltimore game in 06 last game able to go to Arrowhead, no funds, limited income, burning desire to see Chiefs game live one more time.

luv
11-06-2013, 02:12 PM
I too, would love to be considered for the "scholarship" program. And willing to publicly embarrass myself with a short autobiography to justify being a recipient.
In short, six figure income, quarter million dollar home, 3-4 trips a year to Arrowhead, no health insurance (long story), heart attack, lost job, found another job, another heart attack, lost job again, 2 heart surgeries and a subsequent bypass surgery later, lost everything I owned and worked for in the last 25 yrs, Baltimore game in 06 last game able to go to Arrowhead, no funds, limited income, burning desire to see Chiefs game live one more time.

You win.

ptlyon
11-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Jesus dude, sounds like you'd die on the trip anyway

scho63
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm curious as to who will be the first dude to blow apart the commode with an epic dump and cause the whole caravan to come to a grinding halt.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
just beware folks, it's notorious that media make these arrangements for interviews and stories etc, only to cancel at the last minute.

So don't do this for that reason alone is all I'm saying...

Monty
11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
If there is anything I can do to help on the Denver side of things, let me know. The wife and I are flying in from Dallas, have game tix, and already have tailgating plans made, both pre tailgating offsite at 1pm, then later once the lots open at the stadium. I would love to pony up for this but no way does the Command Center make a trip like this, but if anyone is looking at going, I found RT plane tix from Dallas for $98! Also, since the game time has changed, there may be some folks who can't go. There may be a few deals out there, but I am convinced that a Denver STH is also a ticket broker as the pricing is outrageous.

chiefs1okie
11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Jesus dude, sounds like you'd die on the trip anyway

Thanks PAL!! It's all good, doctor told me when I had the quad-bypass in 2011 that I would have AT LEAST another 5-6 years. Still have another 3 or 4 to go! I will be able to extend that when I have ventricle replacement surgery (almost identical to that which John Fox just had) So I'm raisin hell and cheerin the Chiefs til that time comes!

Sidenote: spent a little time in S. Sioux back around '99 or 2000, used to hang out at place called The Dublin House. Is that juke joint still around?? Had a lot of fun in S. Sioux and across the bridge in Sioux City.

11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
hmmm, if there is a TV in teh parking lot and sponsorship help, I could probably figure out a way to attend.

The game ticket is the biggest drawback.

Rain Man
11-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Okay, I've been out at meetings all day. Here's where we stand, right?

Marty Mac
Rain Man - In on the RV, but I ain't riding in a big bus.
Andchiefs
Bearcat - waving, yes only if we leave early Sunday and not Saturday?
cabletech94
mesmith31
guru - ride along, won't buy overpriced ticket since there's only one good team playing
luv - scholarship applicant
chiefs1okie - scholarship applicant

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50 and looking for a sponsor for more.

If everyone else wants to leave Sunday morning, I could do that. I'd prefer Saturday so we could make a group stop at the alligator farms and the nation's third-deepest hand-dug well, but I'll do Sunday if need be.

11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Whats the problem with the big bus Rain Man? Does it really matter how the group gets there?

Rain Man
11-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Whats the problem with the big bus Rain Man? Does it really matter how the group gets there?

I want the road cruising RV experience. I want to sit on the couch and drink Dr. Pepper at 65 mph. I want to play cards on the pop-up card table. I want to live life on the road as it's meant to be lived. I don't want to ride on a school bus.

Plus, if there are 22 people on a party bus I'm not going to get interviewed by ESPN The Magazine. The guy will just interview the people who are sitting next to him, and I'll sit in the back and read, and then I won't have the opportunity to share with him my extensive analyses that prove that Elway was a mediocre quarterback.

11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I want the road cruising RV experience. I want to sit on the couch and drink Dr. Pepper at 65 mph. I want to play cards on the pop-up card table. I want to live life on the road as it's meant to be lived. I don't want to ride on a school bus.

Plus, if there are 22 people on a party bus I'm not going to get interviewed by ESPN The Magazine. The guy will just interview the people who are sitting next to him, and I'll sit in the back and read, and then I won't have the opportunity to share with him my extensive analyses that prove that Elway was a mediocre quarterback.

Well OK then. LMAO

luv
11-06-2013, 06:53 PM
As for the scholarship application, I'm not dying or anything, but my birthday is 11/15. I'll be 37, which is Joe Delaney's number. I also already got that Monday off work.

I'm also only in if we don't take a bus. If the RV thing doesn't work out, I withdraw my application.

bevischief
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't have an RV but might be interested in going or donate to the cause, I am with Guru on ticket prices.

Nzoner
11-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Hell I'd be willing to go,in fact you might want me in as the last trip I made to Denver was for MNF in '94.

YEAH...THAT GAME

Simply Red
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
This thread needs organizing, I'm even more confused after trying to skim through it.

AndChiefs
11-06-2013, 09:51 PM
This thread needs organizing, I'm even more confused after trying to skim through it.

Yeah I'm still not sure on what I'm looking at here though I'm not sure if I'd feasibly be able to go. I'm looking at about 350-400 in flights, plus 300 for the ticket, and a couple hundred for the rv/gas. Add in food and beers and I'd be over a grand.

Not sure I want to sink that much into a short weekend.

11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah I'm still not sure on what I'm looking at here though I'm not sure if I'd feasibly be able to go. I'm looking at about 350-400 in flights, plus 300 for the ticket, and a couple hundred for the rv/gas. Add in food and beers and I'd be over a grand.

Not sure I want to sink that much into a short weekend.

Thats why I am more interested in the bus option at $50 bucks per person and the option to watch the game on a tv at the stadium.

Phobia
11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah - I told the wife about it tonight and she almost died. I could give two shits about ESPN but it seemed like a fun trip. Doubt it's in the cards for me unless you get those controversial strippers from the Arrowhead parking lot to go.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Phobia...come on Man!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Updated the original post with more information

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2013, 11:00 PM
As for the scholarship application, I'm not dying or anything, but my birthday is 11/15. I'll be 37, which is Joe Delaney's number. I also already got that Monday off work.

I'm also only in if we don't take a bus. If the RV thing doesn't work out, I withdraw my application.

You're asking other people to finance the trip for you, but you're picky about the accommodations? :spock:

Phobia
11-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Phobia...come on Man!

Heh. My wife wants me to pay October and November's mortgage before I can do anything fun or she is going to probably slip something into my drink that makes it look like I died of heart problems.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-06-2013, 11:29 PM
I have an antidote for that.

Heh. My wife wants me to pay October and November's mortgage before I can do anything fun or she is going to probably slip something into my drink that makes it look like I died of heart problems.

Phobia
11-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I have an antidote for that.

Truthfully, I don't want to clean up anybody's puke or poop after driving 10 hours on a party wagon. And I definitely don't want to be on a bus with Weekend at Bernies 3 with that guy who is FTD.

teedubya
11-07-2013, 01:07 AM
I just wanted to add in, that I love you guys. Hope this happens. :-)

SuperChief
11-07-2013, 01:17 AM
I just wanted to add in, that I love you guys. Hope this happens. :-)

I really hope this can happen, too. I'd totally be available to go, but it would definitely have to be on one of those "John Bender Schollasheeeip" things. I might be able to pitch in a bit, but not much.

bevischief
11-07-2013, 06:59 AM
I think this 22 seat bus is where I watched the game when I was down there in September it is a nice setup to watch a game from.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2013, 07:30 AM
This will never happen with such short notice and a dozen people, some needing scholarships.

Pick 7-8 that can fund on their own and book it. Otherwise it's a logistical nightmare and won't happen. Right now, I give it 15% chance of happening... nobody is leading the charge.

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 07:30 AM
We need more people to help fund the scholarships. If we start a thread asking for $$, even if we get $10 a person, that could add up big.
I'm in for $50 and Simply Red $100. If we could get $500, that would cover gas, yes?
And f the tix come thru, then it's just a matter of covering food?
Lets start a fundraising mission!

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 07:33 AM
This will never happen with such short notice and a dozen people, some needing scholarships.

Pick 7-8 that can fund on their own and book it. Otherwise it's a logistical nightmare and won't happen. Right now, I give it 15% chance of happening... nobody is leading the charge.

You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. I give this 75%.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Noble effort, but you don't have time for fund raising.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2013, 07:35 AM
You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. I give this 75%.

Hope it happens for the group... just seems like a lot of loose ends on the travelers. Good luck

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Noble effort, but you don't have time for fund raising.

Sure we do, it's called paypal. We've already raised $150 right out of the gate.
W just haven't pitched the $$raising effort yet.
Not really anyways.

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Hope it happens for the group... just seems like a lot of loose ends on the travelers. Good luck

Once things get tied up that your are unaware of, this thing will come together in a quick hurry.

luv
11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
You're asking other people to finance the trip for you, but you're picky about the accommodations? :spock:

I am a woman traveling by myself with a bunch of men. I'd rather it be people I've at least talked to before.

With that said, however, there's really not much of a point in going all that way on a school bus (I've made the trip like that before in high school) to not go in to the game. I'll never be able to afford a ticket, so I withdraw my application.

Simply Red
11-07-2013, 07:40 AM

I'm negative repping her ass, right now.

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 07:44 AM
I am a woman traveling by myself with a bunch of men. I'd rather it be people I've at least talked to before.

With that said, however, there's really not much of a point in going all that way on a school bus (I've made the trip like that before in high school) to not go in to the game. I'll never be able to afford a ticket, so I withdraw my application.

Don't withdraw. Hang tight....also, men don't have to think of those kinds of things, they'd love to travel alone with a. Bunch of strange women...well, maybe not. Lol. Anyways, hang tight.

patteeu
11-07-2013, 08:19 AM

This isn't fun, it's pro bono PR work for the Chiefs and their fanbase. Surely she'd understand you doing a little charitable work.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Updated the original post with more information

How does one go about donating to this specific cause ?

I've carried this dead Donkey avy since day one and I'm willing to help this cause !!!!

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 09:26 AM
How does one go about donating to this specific cause ?

I've carried this dead Donkey avy since day one and I'm willing to help this cause !!!!

Be ont he lookout for that info, but if you have paypal, that would make it really easy when the time comes.

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 10:25 AM
So are we a go? If one of the locals wants to handle RV rental, I can send my share. I prefer a top-of-the-line land yacht even if I have to donate extra.

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
So are we a go? If one of the locals wants to handle RV rental, I can send my share. I prefer a top-of-the-line land yacht even if I have to donate extra.

Im pretty sure Marty is waiting on a couple of key details. If that comes thru, I cant see why it wouldnt be a go:thumb:
He'll know by Friday I imagine

SuperChief
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM

As far as I can tell, it seems the RV possibility is a longshot at this point. Those who wish to go would most likely have to "settle" for the bus option.

luv
11-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Don't withdraw. Hang tight....also, men don't have to think of those kinds of things, they'd love to travel alone with a. Bunch of strange women...well, maybe not. Lol. Anyways, hang tight.

Keeping an eye out. I can get to KC and back home, and I'll bring my own food, so I won't have to pay for that. I will see what kind of birthday money I get. There's other stuff I need to get, but I'll see how much I have leftover.

I would definitely be interested in handling the social media side of it. I can create a twitter account like @kcfans2denver or something. I can create a Facebook event page as well. I can also do my own write-up from a KC fan point of view.

If we get an RV, that wold be awesome. If we do the bus thing, then it would depend on if there's anyone else I know personally going or not.

chiefs1okie
11-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Keeping an eye out. I can get to KC and back home, and I'll bring my own food, so I won't have to pay for that. I will see what kind of birthday money I get. There's other stuff I need to get, but I'll see how much I have leftover.

I would definitely be interested in handling the social media side of it. I can create a twitter account like @kcfans2denver or something. I can create a Facebook event page as well. I can also do my own write-up from a KC fan point of view.

If we get an RV, that wold be awesome. If we do the bus thing, then it would depend on if there's anyone else I know personally going or not.

:thumb:

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 10:36 AM
:thumb:

I think an RV would cost roughly 350 plus gas? I think we can manage that if we go full blown $$$ raising.

Fox4KC
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Fellow Fans,

big updates forthcoming on the most epic Chiefs fan road trip ever. Get your confirmations in now. I will have more updates later today.

Mods, can you sticky this post please?

Going To Cause Riots in Denver

Marty Mac
Rain Man - In on the RV, but I ain't riding in a big bus.
Andchiefs
Bearcat - waving, yes only if we leave early Sunday and not Saturday?
cabletech94
mesmith31
guru - ride along, won't buy overpriced ticket since there's only one good team playing
luv - scholarship applicant
chiefs1okie - scholarship applicant

Simply Red - $100
Carlota - $50 and looking for a sponsor for more.

Departure Information:

Depart from a destination in Kansas City on Saturday, November 16. Time is TBD
Arrive in Denver: 10 hours from departure time sans a pee break or two.

Tailgate Information:

1.) Location is being worked out, but it's looking like we will tailgate near Colfax Ave (South of Stadium) or in Lot R, just east of I-25. What a shitty stadium for tailgating.

2.) We will have a partner for the tailgate. This will be a BYOB but it will be a destination for all Chiefs fans going to the game.

3.) Those loading up the RV will have food/cooking devices.

Game Tickets

For now, on your own. I might have 4 to give away. I will know by Friday of this week.

Media Involved
ESPN The Magazine
**Mystery Partner**

I'm a producer at Fox 4 in Kansas City. We would love to talk to you about the trip ... when you leave ... and when you arrive in Denver! Call us at 816-932-9201 if you are interested in doing an interview.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
LUV, appreciate the enthusiasm there with the SM stuff, but hang tight before you go bonkers. When that part is ready to roll out, it will all be coordinated from my end.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Fox4,

Please send me a direct message.

Thanks

Marty

I'm a producer at Fox 4 in Kansas City. We would love to talk to you about the trip ... when you leave ... and when you arrive in Denver! Call us at 816-932-9201 if you are interested in doing an interview.

luv
11-07-2013, 10:42 AM
LUV, appreciate the enthusiasm there with the SM stuff, but hang tight before you go bonkers. When that part is ready to roll out, it will all be coordinated from my end.

I wasn't creating anything yet. I'm not even for sure that I'm going. If you've got all of that, then never mind. Just saying I'd be willing, because that's kind of my sort of thing.

Bearcat
11-07-2013, 10:44 AM

Did a quick search and it looks like the base fee would be around $250 plus another ~$350 for mileage, and one site had an additional $250/night... not including gas, it would probably be a minimum of $6-700, or around $100/person.... maybe $150/person including gas.

That was a 3 minute search though... no idea what kind of deals are out there.

I'll wait to see what Marty comes up with as far as a plan and any deals, but if I'm out, I can donate a little to the cause.

InChiefsHeaven
11-07-2013, 10:44 AM
This is going to be almost poetic...SOC goes to Denver!

InChiefsHeaven
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Surely there is a place in KC that rents RV's that wants free advertisement on ESPN...come on folks!

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Surely there is a place in KC that rents RV's that wants free advertisement on ESPN...come on folks!

Good idea dude! Who can get that done in KC?
Plus its possible that they would get extra media in KC as well because of 'mystery media partner"

SuperChief
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Good idea dude! Who can get that done in KC?
Plus its possible that they would get extra media in KC as well because of 'mystery media partner"

Alright, so I've placed a few calls in with some local RV rental places in the KC area to discuss this promotional opportunity. They, of course, have to have discussions with management before decisions are made. I will keep you all updated as to who I've been in contact with and what I hear back from them!

EDIT: Supposed to hear back from Premier Coach Services in KCMO soon. Also left word with Summit Vacation Rentals in Lee's Summit.

Dayze
11-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Depending on who the occupants are, this may be better suited.
http://evansheline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Short-Short-Bus.jpg

I might be able to chip in a few bucks if push comes to shove.

or get Dane to chip in and go big.
http://petalumalimos.com/image/Hummer%20Limo-2.jpg
CP Arrival
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2813473/giving-away-money-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/2813473/giving-away-money.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

I have no idea, but surely there would be a RV/Bus/Limo company that may like the exposure and help out with costs. ?

ptlyon
11-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Be sure to fly a banner

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Alright, so I've placed a few calls in with some local RV rental places in the KC area to discuss this promotional opportunity. They, of course, have to have discussions with management before decisions are made. I will keep you all updated as to who I've been in contact with and what I hear back from them!

EDIT: Supposed to hear back from Premier Coach Services in KCMO soon.

Cool.

Nzoner
11-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like I may be going to the game with the friend I went with to the classic '94 game as a friend of ours who lives in Denver thinks he has a hook-up on a few tickets at sane prices.

Fingers are crossed.

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Looks like I may be going to the game with the friend I went with to the classic '94 game as a friend of ours who lives in Denver thinks he has a hook-up on a few tickets at sane prices.

Fingers are crossed.

Travel with the group we put together?

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Travel with the group we put together?

I plan to play cards on the pop-up formica table. He can join us.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2013, 03:39 PM
guys, not ignoring you but working on details is rather time consuming.

please continue to have patience.

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 04:06 PM
guys, not ignoring you but working on details is rather time consuming.

please continue to have patience.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Fuck. I wish I could go. I'd shoot video and shit.

Enjoy your adventure, bros.

TLO
11-07-2013, 06:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LlyGVG0.gif

11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Crap, just realized I have a dental appt that monday morning I would have to reschedule if I go. The sooner we have some specific details the better.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2013, 06:08 PM

Omaha! Omaha!

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/d00001/d02343.jpg

chiefs1okie
11-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Crap, just realized I have a dental appt that monday morning I would have to reschedule if I go. The sooner we have some specific details the better.

Man up. Pull it yourself. Bottle of Jack and some needle nose pliers work just fine. I actually did this ONCE myself. Won't ever do it again, but it would be fun to hear someone else's experience with it!

Simply Red
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM
****. I wish I could go. I'd shoot video and shit.

Enjoy your adventure, bros.

Maybe Zach could make it? :shrug:

cabletech94
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LlyGVG0.gif

this might, just might be the best gif of all time.
well, at least for this trip. there's a limo service here in pitt. i've been trying to call, but work has been hella busy. they have those stretch limos, hummers, and a new something or other. i know it was expensive for a day/night trip to kc. i'm sure devner would be atrocious. i'll find out in the next day or so......

bevischief
11-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I haven't decided to make this trip yet... I will be dead from KC to Denver and back.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-07-2013, 08:19 PM

This is hella dumb . Considering missing this for a Dental appointment. LMAO

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 08:21 PM

I have to agree. Reschedule the appt. this can't be rescheduled.

11-07-2013, 08:32 PM
\I have to agree. Reschedule the appt. this can't be rescheduled.
I'm not rescheduling anything until I know I can afford it. That is what I am waiting for.

As it stands now, I cannot afford this trip at all.

I wish people wouldn't assume things.

SLAG
11-07-2013, 10:27 PM
is it too late to say I want in on this?

I should be able to pay my share for the trip (depending on what final costs are) but not sure I could swing an over priced ticket on top of that too (Much like my man Guru)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I need someone to step up on the RV and spear head it. We have two other groups of Chief fans with an RV lined up. ESPN has to the pull the trigger quickly.

SLAG
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I would also like to add that the last time I went to a game in Denver was the 94 MNF Game - I was only 10 but I was there

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM

Is it a cleaning or a filling? I have no dental training, but we have ten hours of dead time, so I'm willing to give it a try.

11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Is it a cleaning or a filling? I have no dental training, but we have ten hours of dead time, so I'm willing to give it a try.

LMAO a few fillings unfortunately. My last dentist sucked so I had to change to a new one.

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I need someone to step up on the RV and spear head it. We have two other groups of Chief fans with an RV lined up. ESPN has to the pull the trigger quickly.

Was cabletech calling around? If cabletech can identify the best deal, I can reserve it. But I'll only do it if at least six people PM me and confirm to me personally that they're in. It sounds like it'll run about $200 a person or thereabouts, not counting the game tickets. I figure that people are on their own for game tickets.

cabletech94
11-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Was cabletech calling around? If cabletech can identify the best deal, I can reserve it. But I'll only do it if at least six people PM me and confirm to me personally that they're in. It sounds like it'll run about $200 a person or thereabouts, not counting the game tickets. I figure that people are on their own for game tickets.

i will get some concrete evidence tomorrow. i won't be on here til late afternoon, early evening. tomorrow is gonna be a super busy day.:shake:

SLAG
11-07-2013, 10:46 PM

PM Sent

Carlota69
11-07-2013, 11:00 PM
i will get some concrete evidence tomorrow. i won't be on here til late afternoon, early evening. tomorrow is gonna be a super busy day.:shake:

Ask them to cut you guys a break since they'd be getting some good advertising.

11-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah, if it is $200 just for the ride I'm out. I don't care about small and comfortable. The bus was a better idea.

TinyEvel
11-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah, if it is $200 just for the ride I'm out. I don't care about small and comfortable. The bus was a better idea.

While this is a most-opportune moment for me to continue my "jewru" bashing. I have to implore you guys to back the f0ck off. The guy knows his financial limits.

I would have gone but no man card available. It kills me. Least I can do is standup for a buddy. Guru would go if he could do it without sacrificing a family vacation.

11-07-2013, 11:32 PM
While this is a most-opportune moment for me to continue my "jewru" bashing. I have to implore you guys to back the f0ck off. The guy knows his financial limits.

I would have gone but no man card available. It kills me. Least I can do is standup for a buddy. Guru would go if he could do it without sacrificing a family vacation.

LMAO :LOL:

EDIT

Rather than going small and elite, it would be better to go large and merry.

jspchief
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
I'd like to do it, but my wife is a Denver fan and there's no way I could go without her. I don't want to spoil it by bringing a donkey fan.

Rain Man
11-08-2013, 12:02 AM

Sorry, dude. I'm not trying to cut anyone out. I'm glad to put it to a vote, and if more people would prefer the bus the group can go that way. I'd opt out in that case since I'm guessing that the bus doesn't have a pop-up formica table to play cards on, but hey, it'd save me ten hours of travel time since I live about 3 miles from the stadium.

11-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Sorry, dude. I'm not trying to cut anyone out. I'm glad to put it to a vote, and if more people would prefer the bus the group can go that way. I'd opt out in that case since I'm guessing that the bus doesn't have a pop-up formica table to play cards on, but hey, it'd save me ten hours of travel time since I live about 3 miles from the stadium.

I get it, I really do. It's not my intention to be an ass and complicate things. I just view this as an opportunity to do something really big here and I also view the ESPN thing as really small. It's cool that ESPN kind of got the ball rolling but the story they are doing is secondary to the event itself. The only thing really stopping me from looking further into the guy with the bus that Marty was talking about is the fact I would not know a single one of them. Getting a big group of CPers together would be so much better.

ONe of the things on my bucket list is to see a Chiefs - Broncos game in Mile High (well invesco). Just not at $300 a ticket, $200 for the ride, then whatever other expenses are left. It is hard for me to pass this up but I just cannot swing the kind of coin being talked about in this thread. Something tells me I'm not alone in that. Hell, I can get to Vegas for a 3-4 day weekend for that price.

Phobia
11-08-2013, 01:00 AM

I'd pay the $200 just to hang out with you and play cards with you for 10 hours. It's not going to work for me though. The wife has some engagements that preclude me from going even if I decided I really, really wanted to go. Maybe you could fly in Friday night and play cards with me prior to departure Saturday?

Rain Man
11-08-2013, 01:00 AM
I get it, I really do. It's not my intention to be an ass and complicate things. I just view this as an opportunity to do something really big here and I also view the ESPN thing as really small. It's cool that ESPN kind of got the ball rolling but the story they are doing is secondary to the event itself. The only thing really stopping me from looking further into the guy with the bus that Marty was talking about is the fact I would not know a single one of them. Getting a big group of CPers together would be so much better.

ONe of the things on my bucket list is to see a Chiefs - Broncos game in Mile High (well invesco). Just not at $300 a ticket, $200 for the ride, then whatever other expenses are left. It is hard for me to pass this up but I just cannot swing the kind of coin being talked about in this thread. Something tells me I'm not alone in that. Hell, I can get to Vegas for a 3-4 day weekend for that price.

Okay, Vegas, baby! Let's go!

Rain Man
11-08-2013, 01:02 AM
I'd pay the $200 just to hang out with you and play cards with you for 10 hours. It's not going to work for me though. The wife has some engagements that preclude me from going even if I decided I really, really wanted to go. Maybe you could fly in Friday night and play cards with me prior to departure Saturday?

It's on. If we pull this off it'd be cool to do an informal CP meeting somewhere if people were up for it. Meet at an off-ramp or a barbecue place or something.

Preferably a barbecue place.