PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefty Strokes Pioli

ChiefRocka
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Former K.C. execs deserve credit

NFL Insider Adam Schefter

Credit will continue to be showered upon Chiefs head coach Andy Reid and general manager John Dorsey for the job they have done building the NFL's last unbeaten team this season.

But save some for the men who got nothing but pink-slipped.

Former Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson and former vice president of player personnel Billy Kuharich provided the foundation for this Kansas City team, which is the first in major professional North American sports history to start a season 8-0 after having the league's worst record the previous season.

They deserve to be remembered and praised.

Look at the players Peterson and Kuharich brought to Kansas City. They drafted running back Jamaal Charles, offensive lineman Branden Albert, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, defensive end Tamba Hali, linebacker Derrick Johnson, cornerback Brandon Flowers and punter Dustin Colquitt. Charles is an MVP candidate; Hali, Johnson and Flowers are Pro-Bowl candidates.

Each has played a significant role in leading the Chiefs to an undefeated record for the second time in team history, with eyes on improving to 9-0 Sunday in Buffalo before Kansas City's bye week and a pivotal AFC West game against the high-powered Denver Broncos.

Jamaal Charles, like many key Chiefs, was brought in by the team's former regime.
Peterson and Kuharich were basically booed out of Kansas City, despite leaving a mark and players the city didn't realize it had. Their contributions still are being felt more than five years after they departed.

And don't forget former general manager Scott Pioli. Before he was fired last offseason, Pioli drafted, among others, defensive tackle Dontari Poe, defensive end Tyson Jackson, linebacker Justin Houston and safety Eric Berry. They too are a major part of a defense that has not allowed more than 17 points in each of its first eight games, the first team since the 1977 Atlanta Falcons to accomplish the feat.

None of this diminishes the job Reid and Dorsey have done; it just complements them. The downfall of the men who were let go was the lack of a quarterback. The new regime never let it get that far.

Reid and Dorsey were smart enough to land Alex Smith, who helped stabilize an entire franchise, then fill in weak spots with reliable players such as defensive tackle Mike DeVito, linebacker Akeem Jordan and cornerback Sean Smith.

Reid and Dorsey brought it all together. This is now their team, their story. They have made the difference. But Peterson, Kuharich and Pioli also made a difference in their own way, too.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
we stand on the shoulders of midgets

notorious
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
http://blogs.ubc.ca/jessjesschen/files/2012/11/pandasad.gif

bogey
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
yuck, I don't even like to hear the names of people from the past several years. Management is what tore this team apart and management has put it back together.

notorious
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Remembered? Yes.

Praised? FUCK YOU!

Hammock Parties
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Pioli's picks on the OL, and his absolute inability to find playmakers, have as much to do with our offense being bad as Poe, Jackson, Houston and Berry have to do with our defense being good.

Fuck him.

alpha_omega
11-06-2013, 11:55 AM
How'd they do at hiring coaches?

Strongside
11-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Pioli's picks on the OL, and his absolute inability to find playmakers, have as much to do with our offense being bad as Poe, Jackson, Houston and Berry have to do with our defense being good.

**** him.

This.

A GM needs to be able to build an entire team...

ChiefRocka
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Someone please post the gif of whimpy Adam trying to catch the football on Countdown.

Brock
11-06-2013, 11:59 AM
It's more about the culture and coaching than it is about picking players.

mcaj22
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Pioli could not draft a OL, TE, RB, CB/Safety, WR to save his life

he also whiffed on dlineman more times than the 2 he hit on

Dante84
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Someone should tweet Schefter the "Pioli Facts" document

Hammock Parties
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I'll never forgive Scooter. He killed something deep inside me.

InChiefsHeaven
11-06-2013, 12:09 PM
So he says they were not successful because they didn't have a QB...ISN'T IT THEIR FUCKING JOB TO GET ONE?

Stupid Schefter is stupid...

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Reid and Dorsey were smart enough to land Alex Smith

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

WhawhaWhat
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
:popcorn:

mcaj22
11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Someone should make a list of all the terrible offseason FAs Pioli brought in and send it to that idiot Shefter

Zach Thomas
Bobby Engram
Amani Toomer
Mike Brown
Stanford Routt
Peyton Hillis
Eric Winston
Kevin Boss
letting Brandon Carr Walk
cutting Wade Smith, Jason Babin, Bernie Pollard
Jared Gaither
Leron McClain

the list goes on and on

ChiefRocka
11-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes Adam if the previous regime didnt fail so miserably we would not be in this glorious predicament today.

scho63
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN PIOLI'S BIGGEST FAIL?

HE MADE MATT CASSEL OUR FRANCHISE QB WITH A $53 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!!!

That alone is guilty enough for death by firing squad.

wazu
11-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Would be nice if this type of praise earned Pioli a second chance. Preferably somewhere in our division.

Frosty
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
And don't forget former general manager Scott Pioli. Before he was fired last offseason, Pioli drafted, among others, defensive tackle Dontari Poe, defensive end Tyson Jackson, linebacker Justin Houston and safety Eric Berry. They too are a major part of a defense that has not allowed more than 17 points in each of its first eight games, the first team since the 1977 Atlanta Falcons to accomplish the feat.

So, Pioli had multiple high picks over four years and he comes up with 3 quality starters (I'd argue that Jackson, while playing okay, wasn't worth #3 overall) and we are supposed to crown him?

Trivers
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
http://blogs.ubc.ca/jessjesschen/files/2012/11/pandasad.gif

Classic!

Eleazar
11-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Berry was a no-brainer.

Poe and Houston, they deserve credit for. (For whatever that brings their abysmal batting average in the draft up to)

saphojunkie
11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Giving credit to Scott Pioli for the current chiefs roster while ignoring the Matt Cassel fiasco is like complementing a chef on her mashed potatoes after she poisoned everyone's turkey.

BossChief
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
If Pioli would have swallowed his pride and moved up for Tanehill or had even just signed Orton, he would still be the gm.

His "all in" with Cassel cost him his job.

BlackHelicopters
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
In a QB centric league , Pioli couldn't find one. Whatever else he " accomplished" pales next to this fact.

J Diddy
If Pioli would have swallowed his pride and moved up for Tanehill or had even just signed Orton, he would still be the gm.

You got to love Clark Hunt's balls, bringing the fucker he's going to fire along on the ride to get the feel from the coach on the GM he wants to work with.

loochy

I'm kind of glad he went all in with Cassel

We wouldn't have this awesome year if it wasnt for that

cabletech94
11-06-2013, 12:58 PM
you can pick your friends. and you can pick your nose. but you can't pick your friends' nose.

Tombstone RJ
11-06-2013, 01:04 PM
found this to be an interesting request by kc:

In lieu of the Aaron Rodger's Injury the Kansas City Chiefs front office has requested to play the Green Bay Packers (at home of course) over their bye week.

"Well, when the season started we were really worried that we wouldn't get to play many backup Quarterbacks, but now we see our goal is within grasp and sometimes you just have to go for it, you know?" Head coach Andy Reid told the media over a chilidog with extra chili and no bun, "you know, to save on carbs."

The Chiefs defense has feasted on backup and backup backup quarterbacks all season, so this move comes as no surprise.

ESPN Analyst Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards couldn't resist an opportunity to talk about his old team stating, "You play to win the game."

That's Good Chiefs reports they expect the Chiefs to surpass their One Touchdown Minimum but Big Dick Playa Award is still up in the air until the actual game is played.

Vegas has released the line at -1.5, and the o/u at 21 points.

WhawhaWhat
11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Head coach Andy Reid told the media over a slab of ribs and some burnt ends, "you know, to save on carbs."[/B][/I]

FTFY. Chili dog?!? What moron wrote that?

notorious
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
That's so funny. I am peeing my pants over here. :facepalm:

mcaj22
11-06-2013, 01:10 PM
the other problem is Pioli's pool of coaches he could pick from were only the 6 degrees of the Pats tree Frauds

he wouldnt hire anyone else and nobody outside that high brow club wanted to work with him. That also, severely handicapped the team thanks to his huge ego

Beef Supreme
11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
So he says they were not successful because they didn't have a QB...ISN'T IT THEIR ****ING JOB TO GET ONE?

Stupid Schefter is stupid...

And how many QBs that are lighting it up in the league did they pass on? Several by my count.

loochy
you can pick your friends. and you can pick your nose. but you can't pick your friends' nose.

sure you can

loochy

In lieu of the Aaron Rodger's Injury the Kansas City Chiefs front office has requested to play the Green Bay Packers (at home of course) over their bye week.

"Well, when the season started we were really worried that we wouldn't get to play many backup Quarterbacks, but now we see our goal is within grasp and sometimes you just have to go for it, you know?" Head coach Andy Reid told the media over a chilidog with extra chili and no bun, "you know, to save on carbs."

The Chiefs defense has feasted on backup and backup backup quarterbacks all season, so this move comes as no surprise.

ESPN Analyst Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards couldn't resist an opportunity to talk about his old team stating, "You play to win the game."

That's Good Chiefs reports they expect the Chiefs to surpass their One Touchdown Minimum but Big Dick Playa Award is still up in the air until the actual game is played.

found this to be an interesting request by chiefsplanet:

Tombstone RJ please stfu

notorious
11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
When the Chiefs are drafting at the top year after year we had better get lucky on some players.

Schefter needs to troll a fanbase that doesn't know any better.

BossChief
11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
the other problem is Pioli's pool of coaches he could pick from were only the 6 degrees of the Pats tree Frauds

he wouldnt hire anyone else and nobody outside that high brow club wanted to work with him. That also, severely handicapped the team thanks to his huge ego

Yup

I also have to wonder how much of that is also directly related to going all in with Cassel.

Ace Gunner
11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
blowjobs for everyone! /schefter

HemiEd
11-06-2013, 01:24 PM

Yep, and many on here said so at the time. That being said, the environment he created was like a cancer or virus, and it is great that the facility is cleansed of that. It is now a desirable destination instead of one that players wouldn't even consider.

Ace Gunner
11-06-2013, 01:25 PM

dude, this team was a ****ing train wreck long before pioli. that is why players didn't want to come here, is because the ownership allowed this team to flounder and eventually become the laughing stock it was. Tony, Jared A... JFC

not to say pioli did not have effect of FA POV towards the Chiefs, but to say he was the handicap of FA is just as stupid as not knowing how ****ed this team was before pioli.

Dayze
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I'll give him credit for Houston.

Berry was a no-brainer.

other than that, fuck that guy.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2013, 03:26 PM
1. Q
2. it mentions everyone not just Pioli
3. this place bleeds

ptlyon
11-06-2013, 03:29 PM
1. Q
2. it mentions everyone not just Pioli
3. this place bleeds

Only women bleed I thought...

trndobrd
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Berry was a no-brainer.

Trash free stairwells.

other than that, **** that guy.

FYP

seaofred
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Berry was a no-brainer.

other than that, **** that guy.

I don't know if I would give him credit for Berry. Isn't the rumor Haley had to jump on a table to get him?

Brock
11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't know if I would give him credit for Berry. Isn't the rumor Haley had to jump on a table to get him?

Doubt haley was allowed in the room.

BigCatDaddy
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
You're going to hit on a few ****ing players in 4 years, espcially drafting so damn high.

GordonGekko
11-06-2013, 03:56 PM
You're going to hit on a few ****ing players in 4 years, espcially drafting so damn high.

Exactly.

I would wager that pretty much anyone on this boar with sufficient analytical knowledge, given the same resources and scouting information available to Pioli, would mathematically pick around the same number of credible talent that Pioli and Co. were able to do.

To me, Tyson Jackson stands as the pinnacle achievement and perfectly encapsulates the legacy of what Pioli and Co. were about...

CallMeSquidwad
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM

**** him.

I know your just being a troll(like always) but honestly I think our o line gets a bad rap based on these newly elevated expectations of us as a SB contender, but going into this season I expected this from our line. It is the youngest o line in the league and reminds me exactly of the niners o line in 2010. I'm sure you remember that game, but Tamba Hali made me question if Anthony Davis should even be a pro, and yet 1 year later that was the best o line in the league bar none. We must be patient and understand this is a very inexperienced line outside of BA and we are slowly improving despite no quantum leaps.

TEX
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM

Exactly, and the fact that Piloi bet the farm on Matt ****ing Cassel trumps any amount of credit he has coming his way. **** HIM! He was a TOTAL POS of a GM. Couldn't spot a QB but he could spot a candy wrapper...

BlackHelicopters
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Do we know for certain that Schefter swallows?

BigCatDaddy
11-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I know your just being a troll(like always) but honestly I think our o line gets a bad rap based on these newly elevated expectations of us as a SB contender, but going into this season <b>I expected this from our line</b>. It is the youngest o line in the league and reminds me exactly of the niners o line in 2010. I'm sure you remember that game, but Tamba Hali made me question if Anthony Davis should even be a pro, and yet 1 year later that was the best o line in the league bar none. We must be patient and understand this is a very inexperienced line outside of BA and we are slowly improving despite no quantum leaps.

Why? Charles ran for 1500 yards behind them last year plus they added the first pick in the draft to it.

BigCatDaddy
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Yeah, he's a Donk lover so I'm sure he does.

CallMeSquidwad
11-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Why? Charles ran for 1500 yards behind them last year plus they added the first pick in the draft to it.

Rookie RT? Not only rookie, but a rookie from the MAC conference LOL you think he was use to the speed of play, or the athletes he's facing? If you watched our o line play it has been awful since 2010 and that includes last year, so many injuries and moving parts. Hudson had hardly played coming into this year, and these guys just hadn't played together as a unit.

PRIEST
11-06-2013, 05:06 PM
HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN PIOLI'S BIGGEST FAIL?

HE MADE MATT CASSEL OUR FRANCHISE QB WITH A $53 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!!!

That alone is guilty enough for death by firing squad.

THIS :LOL:

ChiefRocka
11-06-2013, 05:15 PM

He gives quite the rim job with the courtesy reach around or so I'm told.

DeezNutz
11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
It's really not possible for Pioli to be mother****ed enough.

I know you're reading this, you worthless mother****er you, because you're an insecure, yet self-centered bitch. You were embarrassingly bad at your job, and I hope that your neighbors fly remote-controlled airplanes carrying banners over your backyard to proclaim this fact.

MotherfuckerJones
11-06-2013, 08:42 PM

:spock:

MotherfuckerJones
11-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I know your just being a troll(like always) but honestly I think our o line gets a bad rap based on these newly elevated expectations of us as a SB contender, but going into this season I expected this from our line. It is the youngest o line in the league and reminds me exactly of the niners o line in 2010. I'm sure you remember that game, but Tamba Hali made me question if Anthony Davis should even be a pro, and yet 1 year later that was the best o line in the league bar none. We must be patient and understand this is a very inexperienced line outside of BA and we are slowly improving despite no quantum leaps.

No the oline sucks period. Except for Albert

BigCatDaddy
11-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Rookie RT? Not only rookie, but a rookie from the MAC conference LOL you think he was use to the speed of play, or the athletes he's facing? If you watched our o line play it has been awful since 2010 and that includes last year, so many injuries and moving parts. Hudson had hardly played coming into this year, and these guys just hadn't played together as a unit.

That's interesting. I didn't hear many complaints about the line going in. Franchise LT, #1 overall pick playing RT, and 3 highly drafted players returning on the inside. Most thought it would be a position of strength.

MotherfuckerJones
11-06-2013, 09:04 PM
This line should be a lot better because we've invested heavily in it. Inexcusable quite frankly. I know Fisher will take time.

Iconic
11-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Someone should make a list of all the terrible offseason FAs Pioli brought in and send it to that idiot Shefter

Zach Thomas
Bobby Engram
Amani Toomer
Mike Brown
Stanford Routt
Peyton Hillis
Eric Winston
Kevin Boss
letting Brandon Carr Walk
cutting Wade Smith, Jason Babin, Bernie Pollard
Jared Gaither
Leron McClain

the list goes on and on

Boss was a good tight end. Cassel just killed him. And McClain did a nice job while he was here. He just wasn't utilized properly. Also it's not like he had much of a choice when he let Carr 'walk'.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Seven players from Peterson/Kuharich/Herm, all of whom are very good to excellent, and four from Pioli, one of whom is a role player taken with a top three pick.

Pioli would be hard pressed to have done less with the picks he had.

MotherfuckerJones
11-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Seven players from Peterson/Kuharich/Herm, all of whom are very good to excellent, and four from Pioli, one of whom is a role player taken with a top three pick.

Pioli would be hard pressed to have done less with the picks he had.

A monkey throwing darts could've done better than Pioli

T-post Tom
11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah, he's a Donk lover so I'm sure he does.

Yep. Back in the day, he hated the Chiefs. Some of his articles for the Denver rag were ruthless attacks on the Chiefs and Chiefs' fans. He was almost as bad as W Paige. Make no mistake: this tripe is a thinly veiled jab at Chiefs' fans. Go fug yourself, midget.

Psyko Tek
11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
we stand on the shoulders of midgets

that needs to be a sig for somebody
would rep you but evidently I sent my last one to you
good job goatcheese

Nightfyre
11-06-2013, 09:52 PM
LMAO Yup. Thanks for hitting on like 3 picks out of like 30 scott. Especially when 1 was a no-brainer.

CallMeSquidwad
11-06-2013, 11:04 PM
That's interesting. I didn't hear many complaints about the line going in. Franchise LT, #1 overall pick playing RT, and 3 highly drafted players returning on the inside. Most thought it would be a position of strength.

I'm one of those people who thinks it will be a strength of our team, even if it takes until next year. I just think we are in the stage right before being great like the niners line was in 2010, or the Saints in 06' so I think these 5 have a bright future, and if we don't keep BA I like the talent of Stephenson at RT.