PDA

View Full Version : Football 3 teens face charges in Kansas high school branding case

Mr. Laz
11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS
3 teens face charges in Kansas high school branding case
November 6

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — Three Hutchinson High School football players are charged with branding younger students with heated wire hangers.

The Hutchinson News reports that Kendric Hudson and Jaiden Casanova, both 18, are free on bond after they were charged Tuesday with felony aggravated battery and misdemeanor hazing. The Reno County prosecutor's office says neither teen has an attorney listed.

A 16-year-old suspect is being held in the Reno County Juvenile Detention Center on charges of aggravated battery and unlawful possession of tobacco. The Associated Press doesn't generally name juvenile suspects.

Authorities received a report that four 14- and 15-year-old students were branded in the school's locker room last week when some freshmen moved to the varsity squad. The alleged victims were left with random designs on their stomachs.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/06/4601703/3-teens-face-charges-in-kansas.html

Crush
11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Good job throwing your lives away.

TimBone
11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
The 16 year olds last name is Incognito, I bet.

NinerDoug
11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
This just reaffirms a truth that every parent should know: matches and IQs under 70 don't mix.

LoneWolf
11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
They'll be getting the red-hot poker next.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2013, 12:20 PM
It's their own fault, pussy kids should have been strong enough to keep from getting branded

Frazod
11-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Loved the way they added the tobacco bit.

They branded these kids with hot metal AND THEY WERE SMOKING TOO!

:rolleyes:

Jive Ass
11-06-2013, 12:23 PM
The worst part: the family whose son was a victim is receiving backlash from the community because high school football is the livelihood of that town.

TimBone
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Loved the way they added the tobacco bit.

They branded these kids with hot metal AND THEY WERE SMOKING TOO!

:rolleyes:

LMAO I thought that was amusing too. 10 years for battery, and a $250 fine for underage tobacco use.

Tombstone RJ
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
well if all the players on the team are branded isn't that more of a reflection on the school and community than these particular kids? If this is an isolated incident then ok, sure, the kids responsible should be held accountable for their actions (actually, I'm all for punishing the parents of the guilty parties because, well, they are failing their sons by enabling their sons to be morons).

BlackHelicopters
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Joe Philbin wanted these kids toughened up.

loochy
11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
his gf is named brandy

loochy
11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
his favorite actor is russell brand

loochy
11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
his favorite cereal is raisin brand

notorious
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
his gf is named brandy

his favorite actor is russell brand

his favorite cereal is raisin brand

Wire you still doing silly puns?

Frazod
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sy-oCQettnw/TdUh0dER3ZI/AAAAAAAAAIo/-h7rHJ6RGQM/s400/wire+hangers.jpg

HemiEd
11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
The worst part: the family whose son was a victim is receiving backlash from the community because high school football is the livelihood of that town.

Hutchinson? Really? When did that happen?

HemiEd
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
well if all the players on the team are branded isn't that more of a reflection on the school and community than these particular kids? If this is an isolated incident then ok, sure, the kids responsible should be held accountable for their actions (actually, I'm all for punishing the parents of the guilty parties because, well, they are failing their sons by enabling their sons to be morons).

Yeah, if they keep ignoring their kids and letting shit go, one of them might turn out to be a Bronco fan.

Dayze
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Honey Bunches of Oh Shit That Shits Permanent

Radar Chief
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
[/B]

And here I thought it was the prison. ;)

Dayze
11-06-2013, 01:40 PM
this seems like a good place for this
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vBzPsY3D58k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow
11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
[/B]

Hutch High has won like 8 out of the last 10 state championships I believe. Had like 6 or 7 in a row. And it's only been the last 12 years that anyone here has really been interested. Prior to Drieling getting hired, I don't think Hutch High won a game in 4-5 years.

I had not heard that, but it doesn't surprise me. The parents of the football players are very protective of the team & their dickhead coach. This year has been especially unpleasant for the majority of them as they won't be playing for the state title for the first time in a decade. Not even sure if they made the playoffs.

One of the kids branded was a friends son. Friend is a strong word - guy I know. He's a freshman and his dad has basically revolved his entire life around becoming the starting QB for Hutch High - or at least since he was 6/7 years old.

HemiEd
11-06-2013, 01:54 PM
And here I thought it was the prison. ;)
Did they end up putting a prison there?

Hutch High has won like 8 out of the last 10 state championships I believe. Had like 6 or 7 in a row. And it's only been the last 12 years that anyone here has really been interested. Prior to Drieling getting hired, I don't think Hutch High won a game in 4-5 years.

Ok, that makes sense. I left 18 years ago, but used to spend a heck of a lot of time in Hutch. To be honest, other than the state fair, it really didn't have much of an identity that I was aware of.

Rose Motor Supply was awesome, and sometime I want to go back to hutch just to say hi to those guys.

Jive Ass
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I had not heard that, but it doesn't surprise me. The parents of the football players are very protective of the team & their dickhead coach. This year has been especially unpleasant for the majority of them as they won't be playing for the state title for the first time in a decade. Not even sure if they made the playoffs.

One of the kids branded was a friends son. Friend is a strong word - guy I know. He's a freshman and his dad has basically revolved his entire life around becoming the starting QB for Hutch High - or at least since he was 6/7 years old.

Yeah, I have a friend who knows another one of the kids' parents. The inside scoop that I'm hearing is that Dreiling is being generally complacent about the issue and other parents have scoffed at taking action as it's a "part of the tradition" and because "hazing isn't a big deal" - you know, wholesome sentiments.

Mr. Plow
11-06-2013, 01:59 PM
To be honest, other than the state fair, it really didn't have much of an identity that I was aware of.

It doesn't....I hate it here. Please kill me or move me West.

TimBone
11-06-2013, 02:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vBzPsY3D58k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great, now I'll be watching Key and Peele clips for the next two hours.

Mr. Plow
11-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I have a friend who knows another one of the kids' parents. The inside scoop that I'm hearing is that Dreiling is being generally complacent about the issue and other parents have scoffed at taking action as it's a "part of the tradition" and because "hazing isn't a big deal" - you know, wholesome sentiments.

Yup. It's a good tradition to keep going....physically scarring freshman to be part of the "team." One of the main issues I have is that you know the coaching staff & most likely parents knew about it going on and let it continue for years.....all in the name of winning a game.

Dayze
11-06-2013, 02:03 PM
lol. same here.

the one-upper Flat Billed hat skit was great.
and the one where an isolated war hero is met by his former General (ala Rambo).

Ace Gunner
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM
ban locker rooms

Dayze
11-06-2013, 02:06 PM
well, would they rather have this:

http://ittybittywitty.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/wire-hanger-de-96752663.jpg

Or this:
http://img1.foodservicewarehouse.com/Prd/500SQ/ProLineBrush_BRU136.jpg

Strongside
11-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Branded a dick on a friends back at a party once in High School with a coat hanger. He went on to play linebacker at Iowa State and now plays Arena League...has been in a couple of NFL camps. I always wonder what guys in the locker room think of the big penis in the middle of his back.

Mr. Plow
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM

LMAO

I'm half tempted to post that on my Facebook with the caption 'An inside look a the Hutch High hazing' just to see what reactions I could get. LMAO

Radar Chief
11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Did they end up putting a prison there?

Yes, around 1890.
I assumed a miscreant like you would be familiar with the place. :Poke:

HemiEd
11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Didn't it used to have a nickname that had something to do with salt? Our Mopar club had a branch in Hutch, and it had salt in the name.

I played "Prairie Dunes" golf course a couple of times and back then it was one of the top courses in the country. I am not sure if it still is or not.

Yes, around 1890.
I assumed a miscreant like you would be familiar with the place. :Poke:
LMAO That one certainly escaped me, and I am surprised I don't recall ever seeing it.

ciaomichael
11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Their nickname used to be the Salthawks years ago. Can't imagine that has changed.

LoneWolf
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
They're still the Salthawks and Prairie Dunes is still one of the top courses in the country.

lewdog
11-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Branded a dick on a friends back at a party once in High School with a coat hanger. He went on to play linebacker at Iowa State and now plays Arena League...has been in a couple of NFL camps. I always wonder what guys in the locker room think of the big penis in the middle of his back.

ROFL

Well played.

Shogun
11-06-2013, 09:36 PM
This was my high school, what a bunch of turds. Dreiling needs to castrate them

Shogun
11-06-2013, 09:39 PM

Give me an Anchor Inn, Olivers and R&B somewhere else and you can torch it. So glad I don't live there anymore.

Groves
11-06-2013, 10:05 PM
All sorts of football players going behind their coaches backs today. This one is less inspiring to me.

Saccopoo
11-06-2013, 10:14 PM

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/images/BundyAl.jpg

Phobia
11-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Are they going to get a Hooters party?

Mr. Plow
11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
This was my high school, what a bunch of turds. Dreiling needs to castrate them

Word on the street is that he is not taking it very seriously.

Mr. Plow
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Give me an Anchor Inn, Olivers and R&B somewhere else and you can torch it. So glad I don't live there anymore.

I would sacrifice Anchor to move. I should have stayed gone when I was gone for 3 years. But, I'm trapped now until the day I die.

LoneWolf
11-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Has anyone seen pictures of these brands? I read a story from one of the Wichita news stations stating that they were heating up the hanger by bending it back and forth. If that is the case thus sounds more like general high school football initiation shenanigans.

Mr. Plow
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Has anyone seen pictures of these brands? I read a story from one of the Wichita news stations stating that they were heating up the hanger by bending it back and forth. If that is the case thus sounds more like general high school football initiation shenanigans.

I haven't seen them, no.

loochy
11-07-2013, 09:19 AM
They're still the Salthawks and Prairie Dunes is still one of the top courses in the country.

that's racist and insulting

i demand you change the name

from now on i will only call them "high school team from Hutchinson"

Lzen
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I would sacrifice Anchor to move. I should have stayed gone when I was gone for 3 years. But, I'm trapped now until the day I die.

You should move to T-Town. You and Cody and I could tear up the town. Piano bars and all. :thumb:

mikey23545
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Those boys are pussies for whining about their initiation...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-y5foQGKNeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I4EomaF0LtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>