PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Midseason Report: Kansas City Chiefs

scho63
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Sorry I had to post as a JPEG but the formatting on ESPN left me no other option.

Thought this is pretty damn accurate :thumb:

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs

The ultimate grade for any team at this point of the NFL season is defined not by A's, B's or C's but W's and L's. Grading on that curve, the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL’s last unbeaten team, are at the head of the class.

That’s not to say everything is working well in Kansas City. Offensively, the Chiefs are getting by while the Chiefs have often dominated with their defense.

keg in kc
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Seems fair. Although I might lean a bit lower on Alex Smith. He hasn't turned the ball over, but his touchdown total, his completion percentage and his yards per attempt/completion are all abysmal. At some point he's going to be asked to win a game, rather than not lose one, and that will be a real challenge with his performance to date.

The Franchise
11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Seems fair. Although I might lean a bit lower on Alex Smith. He hasn't turned the ball over, but his touchdown total, his completion percentage and his yards per attempt/completion are all abysmal. At some point he's going to be asked to win a game, rather than not lose one, and that will be a real challenge with his performance to date.

This.

Still amazing to see A's across the board for our defense.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-06-2013, 03:43 PM
QB-C-
OL-D

Only things i would change.

wazu
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM

Weird to think that you can get through 9 games of an NFL season without ever once having to ask the quarterback to "win a game". The next 7 games should provide plenty of opportunities.

DonInDenver
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Seems like we are led by a Trent Difler-esque style QB. Seems to me that Alex Smith will be our downfall, unlike Dilfer lucking his way to a Ring. Our only hope is that this defense carries us, as it has all season.

BlackHelicopters
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I give the O Line a D
I give our QB a C.
My only changes.
For the most part well done.

The Franchise
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Seems like we are led by a Trent Difler-esque style QB. Seems to me that Alex Smith will be our downfall, unlike Dilfer lucking his way to a Ring. Our only hope is that this defense carries us, as it has all season.

I'm starting to think it won't be Alex Smith per se. It's going to be the play calling that ends up being our downfall.

DonInDenver
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Could very well be.

Molitoth
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I agree.

QB = C
OL = D

O.city
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm starting to think it won't be Alex Smith per se. It's going to be the play calling that ends up being our downfall.

This.

After watching the last game, I really can't pinpoint a position that caused the offense to stall.

The OL wasn't bad, Qb wasn't bad outside of 2 throws, WR's weren't bad outside of 2 drops.

It seemed like the playcalling wasn't good.

DonInDenver
11-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Qb wasn't bad outside of 2 throws, WR's weren't bad outside of 2 drops. Drops by Bowe may be the most critical.

ChiTown
11-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I agree.

QB = C
OL = D

Naw, I think a flat B is about right for Alex. He was brought in to be a game manager and run for his fucking life behind this dogshit interior OL and rookie RT. He's fared about how I thought he would, especially given the garbage play that we have seen from our WR's

TEX
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Naw, I think a flat B is about right for Alex. He was brought in to be a game manager and run for his ****ing life behind this dogshit interior OL and rookie RT. He's fared about how I thought he would, especially given the garbage play that we have seen from our WR's

I agree about Smith. The O-Line should get an overall grade of "D". Otherwise, I agree with all the other grades.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
I would be feeling a lot better about Alex Smith if it weren't for missing the wide open touchdown passes.

I understand that he is what he is and that with our offense line it's probably better that he doesn't try to do too much. It still doesn't excuse the WIDE OPEN passes he's missed that weren't even hard throws.

notorious
11-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I would be feeling a lot better about Alex Smith if it weren't for missing the wide open touchdown passes.

I understand that he is what he is and that with our offense line it's probably better that he doesn't try to do too much. It still doesn't excuse the WIDE OPEN passes he's missed that weren't even hard throws.

This.

If he hit the wide-open passes I would be extremely excited about the playoffs.

I have hope and a little faith that he is going to catch fire when it counts.

RealSNR
11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
This is shaping up to be Dwayne Bowe's worst NFL season, which comes immediately after the Chiefs gave him a lucrative, long-term contract.
This is shaping up to be more bullshit postulating about Dwayne Bowe's dedication to the team and how he's a greedy and me-first selfish asshole. Again. Which is all Teicher ever fucking did when he worked for the KC Star

O.city
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Bowe had 12 targets Sunday. I wouldn't worry about him getting involved from here on out.