PDA

View Full Version : Royals George Brett harassed by stalker

Lex Luthor
11-07-2013, 06:40 AM
A douchebag autograph collector approached George Brett at KCI last night. Brett signed the autograph but told him "This is the last ****ing time" and said if he saw him again he'd shoot him.

This sounds kind of bad, but I don't blame George Brett one bit. This asshole has approached Brett 35 times now asking for his autograph so that he can sell it. He was obviously expecting (and probably hoping for) an angry confrontation. Why else would he have his cell phone out recording the whole thing?

This ****head needs a serious ass-kicking.

Y4KSipdyGsA

Mr_Tomahawk
11-07-2013, 06:50 AM
George Brett is an asshole as it is.

If you didn't know that before seeing this video, then you don't know George.

11-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I would love to get his autograph as he was my hero in the 70's and 80's but from what I hear he won't even stop to give adults asking for an autograph the time of day because he thinks all they are interested in is selling it.

Kind of screws fans like myself that would keep it forever.

rockymtnchief
11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Asshole or not, signing an autogragh 35 times for the same person is ridiculous. The guy probably videos George so he has proof of the signing and can get more money on ebay. (COA)

BlackHelicopters
11-07-2013, 07:14 AM
How does he know Brett's schedule so well to put himself in position to get 35 autographs?

stonedstooge
11-07-2013, 07:19 AM
LEAVE HIM ALONE WICKADSON!

Simply Red
11-07-2013, 07:44 AM
loved watching him, but yeah, he's a prick, before all of this.

thebrad84
11-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Why in the hell does Brett still give him an autograph if he's so pissed about seeing him again? Simply say "fuck off" and keep walking..

Imon Yourside
11-07-2013, 07:52 AM
All he had to say was I'm not signing it, go away and don't bother me again.

Lex Luthor
11-07-2013, 07:57 AM
I get the concept that he made millions of dollars playing a game and that he owes something to his fans. However, I think it's a little harsh to call a guy a prick just because he isn't thrilled about being hounded for his autograph 24x7x365.

I reserve the term "prick" for guys like Albert Belle who throws baseballs at fans and guys like Lawrence Phillips who beats the hell out of women and throws them down flights of stairs.

I've never understood the obsession with autograph collecting anyway. Maybe that's why I have so little sympathy for anyone who gets butthurt because their hero doesn't want to drop everything so they can sign a piece of paper for them. I thought autographs were sort of cool when I was ten years old, but now, not so much.

BlackHelicopters
11-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Frank White is stalking George Brett?

Lex Luthor
11-07-2013, 08:01 AM
All he had to say was I'm not signing it, go away and don't bother me again.
Apparently that didn't work the other 20 times he said it. The word is that the guy has approached Brett 35 times and received 15 autographs.

Imon Yourside
11-07-2013, 08:02 AM
I get the concept that he made millions of dollars playing a game and that he owes something to his fans. However, I think it's a little harsh to call a guy a prick just because he isn't thrilled about being hounded for his autograph 24x7.

I reserve the term "prick" for guys like Albert Belle who throws baseballs at fans and guys like Lawrence Phillips who beats the hell out of women and throws them down flights of stairs.

I've never understood the obsession with autograph collecting anyway. Maybe that's why I have so little sympathy for anyone who gets butthurt because their hero doesn't want to drop everything so they can sign a piece of paper for them.

I don't understand it either. My son did ask Tony G for his autograph at Whole Foods when he was 4, and Tony acted like he didn't see or hear him. I'm ok with that, I told my son he gets harassed all the time and not to be too upset about it. The only time I asked for an autograph in my life was when Dan Fouts threw a pass out of the endzone to me when I was about 10, to which he had no problem signing it.

Imon Yourside
11-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Apparently that didn't work the other 20 times he said it. The word is that the guy has approached Brett 35 times and received 15 autographs.

If he simply ignored him every time the guy would get the point, I bet he likes getting a rise out of him even to the point of filming it now.

Cephalic Trauma
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't blame George at all. 35 times? Fuck that entitled piece of shit.

Dayze
11-07-2013, 09:32 AM
George Brett is an asshole as it is.

If you didn't know that before seeing this video, then you don't know George.

I was just going to say this. He makes Tony Gonzalez look like Tim Tebow

Dayze
11-07-2013, 09:34 AM
he s hould just politely sign his autograph requests with "Count Chocula - God Bless"

Frazod
11-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I was just going to say this. He makes Tony Gonzalez look like Tim Tebow

I don't think I've ever heard a good story about anyone meeting him. They range from him being a dick to kids wanting autographs to him being an obnoxious drunk with bad BO. He'll always be my favorite baseball player, but I would never want to meet him in person. I got an autographed Brett ball at a 37 Forever event once - that's good enough.

But I don't blame him one bit for telling this guy to fuck off.

Dayze
11-07-2013, 09:40 AM
yeah, if the douche had asked him like 35 times, I suppose I don't blame him.

Halfcan
11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I would love to get his autograph as he was my hero in the 70's and 80's but from what I hear he won't even stop to give adults asking for an autograph the time of day because he thinks all they are interested in is selling it.

Kind of screws fans like myself that would keep it forever.

Actually got to meet him out at a Chiefs game. He was with Jamie Quark and some other Royals players tailgating. He took the time to get a picture with me, asked how I was doing, we talked chiefs and he offered me a beer-which I gladly accepted and drank it with him.

I found out he was going into have shoulder surgery the next day-I wish I would have know I would have wished him well.

I also had the pleasure to meet him again at his retirement party at Starlight. Couldn't have been nicer and more graciouse-just an all around great guy. As real as it gets. If you treat him with respect he does the same back.

At his retirement there was a line of family and friends around Leslie Brett-talking and giving her hugs-so I just got in line- said congrats and gave her a big long hug-lol About half way through the hug I think she realized she didn't know me-but smiled anyway. She is pretty hot and also very sweet.

George is the man. I am sure the people who think he is an asshole-he would think the same thing about them. :rolleyes:

Halfcan
11-07-2013, 09:44 AM
I get the concept that he made millions of dollars playing a game and that he owes something to his fans. However, I think it's a little harsh to call a guy a prick just because he isn't thrilled about being hounded for his autograph 24x7x365.

I've never understood the obsession with autograph collecting anyway. Maybe that's why I have so little sympathy for anyone who gets butthurt because their hero doesn't want to drop everything so they can sign a piece of paper for them. I thought autographs were sort of cool when I was ten years old, but now, not so much.

Autographs are kind of worthless- I think it is better to get a pic with them and actually have some kind of meaningful conversation- it is much more memorable.

Dayze
11-07-2013, 09:46 AM
off-topic, but I also shake hands and thank veterans for there service if they're wearing a Vietnam hat, or Navy hat etc. Very memorable.

I do the same if I meet a 'famous' person.
I agree - much more memorable.

lcarus
11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I'll never bother a celebrity to ask for a photograph or an autograph. That's a policy I picked up at a young age from my grandpa. A long time ago I was staying with my grandparents out in Leawood and my grandpa took me to the video store. We pulled up and parked, and right next to us we see Harvey Williams get out of his car. I was like "Let's go say hello!" and my grandpa was like "No just leave him be.". I didn't understand why until 10 seconds later, about 10 people surrounded him and started asking for autographs and shit. Who would wanna be one of those people?

lcarus
11-07-2013, 09:52 AM
ALso, why the F did Brett sign his shit this time if he was so pissed?

gblowfish
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
He should tell Goose Gossage to just get over it....

Dayze
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I met Joan Jett at a hotel we were staying at for a friends wedding; we were just hanging around the lobby waiting for the car to be pulled around.. usually when I see someone that looks like a celebrity (though I know they aren't), I'll sarcastically say to my wife "hey look, it's [celebrity]" and it's usually good laugh.

I was literally in the middle of doing this, and I see her taking pictures with a few fans. Then I was like 'Hey look, it's Joan J.......holy shit, that IS Joan Jett". She's a tiny thing. I simply walked by her and said "I really love your music; keep doing what you're doing because the music today sucks". She laughed, and said "Thank you so much". Super nice.
The cool thing was, to me anyways, was she was dressed exactly like you think she'd be. Not Metallica being tough on stage, then shopping at Gucci. She was in black jeans; Chuck Taylors; a leather wrist band; jet black hair, and a black tank top.

gblowfish
11-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't think I've ever heard a good story about anyone meeting him. They range from him being a dick to kids wanting autographs to him being an obnoxious drunk with bad BO. He'll always be my favorite baseball player, but I would never want to meet him in person. I got an autographed Brett ball at a 37 Forever event once - that's good enough.

But I don't blame him one bit for telling this guy to **** off.

I actually saw Brett be a stand up guy for kids in person. My wife teaches art. Probably ten years ago, on a Saturday, we took a bunch of kids -sixth and seventh graders- from Lexington, MO to the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery. We saw a special exhibition (impressionists or something like that) and afterwards, took a whole school bus full of kids over to Winstead's just down the street for lunch.

When we got into Winstead's, the kids spot Brett over at a booth having lunch with his wife and his kids. None of the kids went over and bothered him, but they all were buzzing about him, and watching him. I'm sure he could feel the thirty pairs of eyes boring a hole in his head.

After his family had finished eating, my wife went over to his table and said "Excuse me, Mr. Brett. I'm Mrs. Blowfish and I teach all these kids. They're all big Royals fans and really like you. We're gonna load them up now on the bus to go back to Lexington. Would you have a minute to take a picture in front of our bus?

Brett said "Well, I have to pay for my lunch here, get the kids all lined up, and I'll come out and take a picture before we leave. "

My wife said "Sure...." and that's exactly what he did. He came out to the bus, the kids all crowded around him and they took the picture, which ended up in the Lexington Paper a few days later.

My wife sent him a nice thank you card and a Lexington Art Club T-Shirt, which I'm sure he used to wax his car.

But on that day, he was not a douche. He was a good guy.

Dayze
11-07-2013, 10:04 AM
and Joan was smoking hot in person.

for the record

ChiTown
11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Not saying a word.............

BlackHelicopters
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybe it was past scotch time and Brett was feeling a little surly.

RockChalk
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I've spoken to him and been around him a few times. Never was a douche to me. But these were at public/charity events, so he may have just been on his best behavior. Seemed nice and genuine enough, though.

Side story - I was at the Heat/Bobcats exhibition game a few weeks back. Half of the Chiefs team was there. I had great seats and Founders Club access, so I got to hang out with a bunch of them at halftime. All of them seemed pretty good about taking pictures with kids, but you could tell they were annoyed when the adults asked them for a pic. Nicest one by far was Neil Smith though...he didn't deny anyone and even took the time to shake everyone's hand and chat with them for a bit.

Charles tried to sneak out around the 4th quarter and some kids ran up to him. He tried to "ignore" them, then his mom and wife told him to stop. His mom took each kid's camera/phone and took pictures of all of them. She even told Jamaal to smile. Pretty funny. He was walking out of the bathroom when I was walking in, so my drunk ass told him to kick the Raiders ass. He just laughed and said, "that's the plan". Sorry Clay, I didn't get a peek at his meat for you

cosmo20002
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
A douchebag autograph collector approached George Brett at KCI last night. Brett signed the autograph but told him "This is the last ****ing time" and said if he saw him again he'd shoot him.

This sounds kind of bad, but I don't blame George Brett one bit. This asshole has approached Brett 35 times now asking for his autograph so that he can sell it. He was obviously expecting (and probably hoping for) an angry confrontation. Why else would he have his cell phone out recording the whole thing?

This ****head needs a serious ass-kicking.

If this guy had approached him 35 times, it explains the hostile language. But it doesn't make sense that he went ahead and signed if he was so pissed about doing it.

Cephalic Trauma
11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
he s hould just politely sign his autograph requests with "Count Chocula - God Bless"

:LOL:

Agree. Do something funny to piss the guy off. He'll get the point and leave you alone after a few fake autographs.

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 11:08 AM
The 2nd time someone asks a celebrity for an autograph, the celebrity should be allowed to knee them in the groin. The third time, the celebrity gets to do it twice. The formula is

KG = R -1

Where R is the request number and KG is the number of knees to the groin.

Oh, and the celebrity should be allowed to use a proxy if they don't wish to do the kneeing themselves. Either a bodyguard or a bystander.

Gonzo
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Everyone's got a story about a bad experience with either a celebrity or an athelete. Usually for each one, there's 10-20 good stories.
Except in the case of Georgie. I've never met anyone that's had something good to say about him.

Pablo
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't care if George is a dick or a drunk.

He means more to this city and our sports heritage than almost anyone else. He gets a pass on the extra curricular activities for what he did on the diamond, and how much he's been involved in the city since then.

Fairplay
11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I have 35 autographs of George Brett for sale.

Nzoner
11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I met Joan Jett at a hotel we were staying at for a friends wedding; we were just hanging around the lobby waiting for the car to be pulled around.. usually when I see someone that looks like a celebrity (though I know they aren't), I'll sarcastically say to my wife "hey look, it's [celebrity]" and it's usually good laugh.

I was literally in the middle of doing this, and I see her taking pictures with a few fans. Then I was like 'Hey look, it's Joan J.......holy shit, that IS Joan Jett". She's a tiny thing. I simply walked by her and said "I really love your music; keep doing what you're doing because the music today sucks". She laughed, and said "Thank you so much". Super nice.
The cool thing was, to me anyways, was she was dressed exactly like you think she'd be. Not Metallica being tough on stage, then shopping at Gucci. She was in black jeans; Chuck Taylors; a leather wrist band; jet black hair, and a black tank top.

I used to own a deli and got the catering contract for her concert here.Her manager at the time was called Maddog and was a A1 prick,Joan on the other hand was awesome,took pics with myself and my crew etc.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I've never understood the fascination with autographs and I suppose I never will.

I don't even get the "picture" thing. Unless we're partying together or we're friends, I have no desire to take a pic with someone. I've partied with countless famous people and never once have I said "Hey, let's take a selfie!".

Maybe it's because I don't have a vagina?

Sure-Oz
11-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Lol

Sure-Oz
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't blame George...dude obviously harrases him to sell autographs

Nzoner
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I've never understood the fascination with autographs and I suppose I never will.

I don't even get the "picture" thing. Unless we're partying together or we're friends, I have no desire to take a pic with someone. I've partied with countless famous people and never once have I said "Hey, let's take a selfie!".

Too bad we all can't be as cool as you and fwiw Joan had taken the time to visit with me and knew I owned a little deli and asked if we'd like to have a pic with her to hang on our wall which I politely accepted.

BlackHelicopters
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I have 35 autographs of George Brett for sale.

LMAO

Strongside
11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
The stalker guy sounds like the dude that sits behind me at Chiefs games. We call him crazy Steve. That sounds JUST like him though. The guy is always drunk out of his mind and saying random nothings.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Too bad we all can't be as cool as you and fwiw Joan had taken the time to visit with me and knew I owned a little deli and asked if we'd like to have a pic with her to hang on our wall which I politely accepted.

Your situation was different. You actually worked with and for her, so there's a sense of pride. That's cool.

I'm mainly referring to people that just want to take random pics, only to turn around and post them on Facebook.

Nzoner
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Your situation was different. You actually worked with and for her, so there's a sense of pride. That's cool.

I'm mainly referring to people that just want to take random pics, only to turn around and post them on Facebook.

Thanks for the clarification.

cosmo20002
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM

That's why.

For regular common folk, finding yourself face-to-face with a favorite actor, musician or athlete is a rare event and they want a souvenir of it. I agree on the autographs, but I think a pic can be kind of cool, depending on the circumstances.

Strongside
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
His name is Brandon Farrens. Apparently he is some sort of celeb stalker because his FB has tons of pics with various celebs...

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.farrens

Dayze
11-07-2013, 11:49 AM
never trust a white guy who makes a 'peace' symbol in every one of his photos

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

Dude, I wasn't talking about you!

I was talking about the Facebook culture, the 24-7 celebrity culture and so on.

You're a great dude, man. I wouldn't insult you, like, ever.

ChiTown
11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
His name is Brandon Farrens. Apparently he is some sort of celeb stalker because his FB has tons of pics with various celebs...

LMAO

This guy just oooooooooooooooooooozes douchebag. Jesus.

ChiTown
11-07-2013, 11:52 AM
never trust a white guy who makes a 'peace' symbol in every one of his photos

Sideways peace symbol. He's GANGSTA, BITCHES!

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
That's why.

For regular common folk, finding yourself face-to-face with a favorite actor, musician or athlete is a rare event and they want a souvenir of it. I agree on the autographs, but I think a pic can be kind of cool, depending on the circumstances.

I recognize it but don't understand it. I've been fortunate enough to meet and befriend several "famous" people but I've never once thought "Pic!".

Maybe it's a generational thing. Hero worship has never been my thang.

Pablo
11-07-2013, 11:55 AM
LMAO

If you scroll down the left side of his page it shows his recent likes.

Brandon likes Alex Smith.

That seals it.

ChiTown
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
If you scroll down the left side of his page it shows his recent likes.

Brandon likes Alex Smith.

That seals it.

I'd already made that assumption, given the fact that he's a ku fan:evil:

Pablo
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd already made that assumption, given the fact that he's a ku fan:evil:You sonofabitch.

LOL

Gonzo
11-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Anybody have Dane's email? Someone hacked his account...

Nzoner
11-07-2013, 12:05 PM

I got that the first time,it's all good LMAO

Rain Man
11-07-2013, 12:07 PM

If he lists his job as "President of SportsInk", it points strongly toward a theory that he's stalking them to get autographs so he can re-sell them. If so, that doesn't seem like a very noble profession.

Titty Meat
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
You have to be really fucking stupid to not think Brett is a prick. The guy once referred to a group of disabled veteran athletes as "cripples".

-King-
11-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Man, that's a sad lifestyle

CaliforniaChief
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I had two interactions with him. First time was as a kid, when he completely snubbed me in the parking lot outside the K. Was holding a briefcase, said his hands were full and walked past.

Then, after he got inducted into the HOF and the book "From Here to Cooperstown" was published, I sent a copy to the team asking for his autograph in it. Didn't take but a week or two for him to send it back signed. I thought that was gracious.

So yeah, mixed bag.

Buehler445
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Why would anyone fuck with George Brett. I'd say other than some MMA fighters and boxers, harrassing Brett has about the highest probability of getting your ass beat than anybody else.

Strongside
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Harasses a local legend and almost gets his ass kicked, yet still manages to walk away with a full hard-on.

http://i.imgur.com/aTdxJ8d.png

WhawhaWhat
11-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Anyone over 13 that is asking for an autograph is a loser. The dude deserved it.

ROYC75
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM

But I don't blame him one bit for telling this guy to **** off.

So you are the one who got that!

The story behind that ball is ..... In the Spring of 1983,I was working at Brookridge Country Club after moving back from Texas. George Brett, Jamie Quirk, Willie Wilson and some guy I have no clues as to who was playing a round of golf early that morning. I watched them tee off # 10, all hit OK and I changed the tee boxes. I went ahead to # 11 Tees awaiting them to finish 10 green to change the pin. All teed off # 11 and were teasing George, he had pulled his tee shot over the trees, all the way across # 14 fairway. I was laughing with them and this angered George. I told him I pull it a lot over there but I'm always closer to the # 11 fairway & green than the 50 yards farther that he was.

George went on about I was all talk, I probably didn't play, etc. The fellas started to rip George a little more and George said, so you are left handed, right, since you pull the ball over there. I said yes, Brett says $25.00 you can't hit it half as far as I can. My luck I didn't have the $ 25.00 in my pocket in case I chilly dipped the tee shot. I told $ 5.00, he brushed me off, just because I didn't have $ 25.00 on me. Wilson & Quirk both told me they would cover it, raising Brett's $ 25.00 bet. I had my pick of drivers to use between Brett, Wilson & Quirk. Wasn't much difference except Brett's driver had a longer shaft.

I got 2 practice balls, after about 5 swings & teed off with a Brett's driver. I slowed my swing down to controlled the shot, down the middle, not real far. Brett's is laughing at the others because it's a long ball contest. Little does he know I'm holding back, yet telling him, you got me George, then I winked at Quirk. Next shot I cranked it up, shot that bitch like a missile with a slight drawn on it. On a dry morning, that bitch hit and rolled, and rolled, and rolled. We estimated it to be right at 310 yards by the fairway water markers. George was so pissed he over swung and sliced the ball went OB.

George was so pissed, he didn't pay up! Wilson & Quirk each gave me $ 25.00 a piece and apologized for George being a dickhead. Then they went off laughing down the fairway giving George and even harder time.

So when it came to the 37 Forever Banquet, I called the Royals asking for an autograph ball or something after asking if George would attend the banquet. I told the gal who answered the phone that George owed me a favor, to have him call me. The next day I got the phone call and he told me he was booked out of town. I told him who I was, he apologized for that day at Brookridge and not only we got the ball but some other Royals stuff for the auction.

Now you know the rest of the story.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-07-2013, 01:57 PM
who?

Frazod
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM

The story behind that ball is ..... In the Spring of 1983,I was working at Brookridge Country Club after moving back from Texas. George Brett, Jamie Quirk, Willie Wilson and some guy I have no clues as to who was playing a round of golf early that morning. I watched them tee off # 10, all hit OK and I changed the tee boxes. I went ahead to # 11 Tees awaiting them to finish 10 green to change the pin. All teed off # 11 and were teasing George, he had pulled his tee shot over the trees, all the way across # 14 fairway. I was laughing with them and this angered George. I told him I pull it a lot over there but I'm always closer to the # 11 fairway & green than the 50 yards farther that he was.

George went on about I was all talk, I probably didn't play, etc. The fellas started to rip George a little more and George said, so you are left handed, right, since you pull the ball over there. I said yes, Brett says $25.00 you can't hit it half as far as I can. My luck I didn't have the $ 25.00 in my pocket in case I chilly dipped the tee shot. I told $ 5.00, he brushed me off, just because I didn't have $ 25.00 on me. Wilson & Quirk both told me they would cover it, raising Brett's $ 25.00 bet. I had my pick of drivers to use between Brett, Wilson & Quirk. Wasn't much difference except Brett's driver had a longer shaft.

I got 2 practice balls, after about 5 swings & teed off with a Brett's driver. I slowed my swing down to controlled the shot, down the middle, not real far. Brett's is laughing at the others because it's a long ball contest. Little does he know I'm holding back, yet telling him, you got me George, then I winked at Quirk. Next shot I cranked it up, shot that bitch like a missile with a slight drawn on it. On a dry morning, that bitch hit and rolled, and rolled, and rolled. We estimated it to be right at 310 yards by the fairway water markers. George was so pissed he over swung and sliced the ball went OB.

George was so pissed, he didn't pay up! Wilson & Quirk each gave me $ 25.00 a piece and apologized for George being a dickhead. Then they went off laughing down the fairway giving George and even harder time.

So when it came to the 37 Forever Banquet, I called the Royals asking for an autograph ball or something after asking if George would attend the banquet. I told the gal who answered the phone that George owed me a favor, to have him call me. The next day I got the phone call and he told me he was booked out of town. I told him who I was, he apologized for that day at Brookridge and not only we got the ball but some other Royals stuff for the auction.

Wow, great story! Nice to know it's real, too. I mean, I assumed it was since I got it at a charity function in Kansas City, but since so many autographs are forgeries, you just never know.

I got that ball and a Dante Hall minihelmet.

ROYC75
11-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Wow, great story! Nice to know it's real, too. I mean, I assumed it was since I got it at a charity function in Kansas City, but since so many autographs are forgeries, you just never know.

I got that ball and a Dante Hall minihelmet.

George and I had a good laugh on the phone over it, I told him I understood since he was with his buddies.

He told me he would like to come to the banquet but had prior plans out of town that weekend. He told me he was proud to know that a group of fans in KC could pull together and make this foundation from the ground up. I then told him that we lived all across the country and was doing it from our homes, mostly by telephones.

He was in awe over how it all came together from one post by Adam, that it just snowballed from there.

BTW, he thought Carl was a jerk.

Prison Bitch
11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
The Star wrote a feature on George's .390 season and mentioned a story where he was golfing with Quirk and was way down the fairway waiting for Quirk's approach shot. Quirk hit it and he saw George walk under it in the distance, take a batting swing, and hit it back up the fairway at him. Out of the air. WIth an iron.

Frazod
11-07-2013, 02:55 PM
George and I had a good laugh on the phone over it, I told him I understood since he was with his buddies.

He told me he would like to come to the banquet but had prior plans out of town that weekend. He told me he was proud to know that a group of fans in KC could pull together and make this foundation from the ground up. I then told him that we lived all across the country and was doing it from our homes, mostly by telephones.

He was in awe over how it all came together from one post by Adam, that it just snowballed from there.

BTW, he thought Carl was a jerk.

That's great. Nice to hear some nice things about George, too.

FTR, the bad stories I heard about him generally are from his playing days. It seems he's mellowed quite a bit over the years.

CrazyPhuD
11-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Sounds like George should have had him hauled off and pine-tared and feathered.

CrazyPhuD
11-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I recognize it but don't understand it. I've been fortunate enough to meet and befriend several "famous" people but I've never once thought "Pic!".

Maybe it's a generational thing. Hero worship has never been my thang.

:Poke: I would expect you of all people to understand it! But then again you're probably hounded by the paparazzi day and night so I'm sure it can get old! :p

But really people do this for very similar reasons they watch movies/tv. It's for a bit of escapism. For a moment they can escape their lives and pretend they are hobnobbing with celebrities.

Personally I'd never do it, because celebs are people too sometimes just trying to live 'normal' lives.

11-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Actually got to meet him out at a Chiefs game. He was with Jamie Quark and some other Royals players tailgating. He took the time to get a picture with me, asked how I was doing, we talked chiefs and he offered me a beer-which I gladly accepted and drank it with him.

I found out he was going into have shoulder surgery the next day-I wish I would have know I would have wished him well.

I also had the pleasure to meet him again at his retirement party at Starlight. Couldn't have been nicer and more graciouse-just an all around great guy. As real as it gets. If you treat him with respect he does the same back.

At his retirement there was a line of family and friends around Leslie Brett-talking and giving her hugs-so I just got in line- said congrats and gave her a big long hug-lol About half way through the hug I think she realized she didn't know me-but smiled anyway. She is pretty hot and also very sweet.

George is the man. I am sure the people who think he is an asshole-he would think the same thing about them. :rolleyes:

Nice to hear a good story about him. As far as people bashing on people hounding him for autographs, I have never even bothered trying because I keep hearing he won't talk to an adult about autographs. I gave up my dream of speaking with him 15 years ago when I realized I had no chance.

11-07-2013, 06:16 PM

Well geee......

God forbid I could have received an autograph and a picture from the ONLY famous guy I ever truly wanted to meet in person.

:shake:

EDIT sorry dude. I just feel your comment is a little over the top. I have had one opportunity to actually take a shot but becuase of all the crap stories I hear I decided to pass it up. I regret it to this day.

lewdog
11-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I've tried to obtain an Auto from George once and he denied me. No problem there. I kindly asked but definitely understand if someone doesn't want to sign, especially for an adult. I collect autographed baseballs and have gotten quite a few from the younger minor league guys who are much more willing to sign.

When the Royals were here in Surprise AZ, all the guys signed for everybody. Moose and Hoz simply asked that kids get theirs first. I've had players tell me they only will sign for the kids and don't sign for adults. And I'm ok with that.

Rasputin
11-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I've tried to obtain an Auto from George once and he denied me. No problem there. I kindly asked but definitely understand if someone doesn't want to sign, especially for an adult. I collect autographed baseballs and have gotten quite a few from the younger minor league guys who are much more willing to sign.

When the Royals were here in Surprise AZ, all the guys signed for everybody. Moose and Hoz simply asked that kids get theirs first. I've had players tell me they only will sign for the kids and don't sign for adults. And I'm ok with that.

Next time see if he would autograph a tube of Preparation H.

BWillie
11-07-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't blame George at all. 35 times? **** that entitled piece of shit.

It's George being George, which is a complete asshole. You don't threaten a guy, saying he's going to shoot you. Don't sign the god damn thing, just tell him, I'm not signing it, I've signed before. I get that he's mad, but saying you are going to shoot him is just childish.

big nasty kcnut
11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Sorry won't do that again/s Also had many times to meet him to get a autograph never could.

RockChalk
11-07-2013, 07:37 PM
LMAO

He was on 610 this afternoon. He removed all doubt and confirmed that he is indeed, a giant douche.

They asked him if he thought it was somewhat "stalker-ish" to hound Brett so many times. He responded by explaining the stalker laws and what legally constitutes stalking. Creepy

Demonpenz
11-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I've had several people want me to autograph some of my ms paint works. No problem. #Stayhumble.

AJKCFAN
11-07-2013, 09:35 PM

Wow - that's a heckuva story Roy! Didn't even realize Brett was part of the Royals collection for the 37 Forever Auction @ the old Adam's Mark. What was the reward for the putting challenge at the golf course that was immediately donated to the Auction that night?

Psyko Tek
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM

But I don't blame him one bit for telling this guy to fuck off.

Tebow is like that?

Cannibal
11-07-2013, 10:18 PM
**** the dude getting his autograph 35 times. He's lucky Brett didn't cave his head in after 10 times. The dude is a piece of shit.

Strongside
11-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Man...this Ferrens cat is a complete tool.

Here he is calling John Lester a liar:
Vine (https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/80CDFD1349977700784752029696_1376076214336f5da83b2cd.mp4_ZO6u4oZ.eK3VPqBnyPuEFTocsUm7.w5GmJElVzezSdS ZPfRbGFD49ETQ8NCARgRZ.mp4?versionId=1OsCeQcsNYvnTmVwRbBvxFgUvX6.IBKR)

His twitter handle is autos816, which says he's a total autograph stalker. There are twitpics of him waiting outside the Royals stadium LITERALLY at night for players to arrive or leave. What a fucking scumbag. Congrats on making yourself a target for catching shit in your hometown bud!

bricks
11-08-2013, 06:35 AM
35 times to ask George Brett for an autograph?

Something is wrong with the dude that keeps asking him. Why the heck would someone ask for 35 ****ing autographs? Like, thats senseless.

If anything, George Brett is nice to sign it all those times. That takes a lot of generosity if you think about it? Resigning the same autograph for the guy 35 times. You know after a while George is probably like, "okay buddy this is getting tiring and a little strange can you back off?"

Really George has all the reason to tell that douche off. I would've done the same.

Lex Luthor
11-08-2013, 08:03 AM
He was on 610 this afternoon. He removed all doubt and confirmed that he is indeed, a giant douche.

They asked him if he thought it was somewhat "stalker-ish" to hound Brett so many times. He responded by explaining the stalker laws and what legally constitutes stalking. Creepy
Why is that creepy?

ROYC75
11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Wow - that's a heckuva story Roy! Didn't even realize Brett was part of the Royals collection for the 37 Forever Auction @ the old Adam's Mark. What was the reward for the putting challenge at the golf course that was immediately donated to the Auction that night?

This ball was auctioned off when we had the banquet on Metcalf Rd in O P Ks.

That's the day all of us wore name tags that said go chiefs in honor of our resident knucklehead.

Fairplay
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM

Just act like a kid and you'll get your autograph also lewdog.

DJJasonp
11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
I got George's autograph back around 1980......I never thought he, or any other athlete for that matter, owes me anything.

If you got hounded nearly every day leaving your work or traveling.....for 30+ years.....you'd get a bit surly too.

Pepe Silvia
11-14-2013, 02:53 PM
The dude who was hounding him looked like a retard.

lewdog
11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Just act like a kid and you'll get your autograph also lewdog.

I usually just ask politely. I don't mind being told no. I don't think I look like some of those pushy asshole autographed collectors that also look like they have a disability. Some of them will seriously push and show to be first in line. I've been known to ask a few of them if they are adults. However, I'm in need of borrowing someone's child for increased success. And I'm making my wife ask for autographs this spring because women are key as well. No ball players deny the ladies! So I'm also up for borrowing any CP members wives/bitches....

Strongside
11-14-2013, 03:55 PM
WHATTAASSHOE!