PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How similiar of QBs are Alex Smith and Russell Wilson?

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
11-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Since everyone here loves Wilson so much.....

Admittedly Russell throws a better deep ball, but IMO they are fairly similar. Not flashy, don't throw for a ton of yards, use their feet to move the chains, protect the football and play smart.

Discuss....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm?mobile=false

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03.htm

htismaqe
11-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Wilson throws one of the best balls I've ever seen. Said that during the Senior Bowl discussion the year he came out. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he has elite accuracy and anticipation.

ModSocks
11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
It's a good comparison, but i think Wilson is much more of a downfield threat. Wilson makes bigger plays in the passing game. If Alex starts doing that, he'll be a real good QB.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Wilson throws one of the best balls I've ever seen. Said that during the Senior Bowl discussion the year he came out. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he has elite accuracy and anticipation.

I think Smith has the arm strength to throw deep, we have seen it on a few occasions. But he lacks arc and touch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Wilson throws one of the best balls I've ever seen. Said that during the Senior Bowl discussion the year he came out. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he has elite accuracy and anticipation.Sounds exactly like Alex.

LMAO

htismaqe
11-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I think Smith has the arm strength to throw deep, we have seen it on a few occasions. But he lacks arc and touch.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Smith's "issues" are 100% mental. He COULD throw it downfield, he just doesn't want to.

And that's why I encased "issues" in quotes. The more I watch him, and the Chiefs win, the less I really think it's an issue.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2013, 05:35 PM
We need to have some Seattle fans come in here. I'd love to know if they complain about Wilson much in their sports talk circles. He's had a few bad games this year.

Perspective.....
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Wilson is way better than Smith. Anybody that watches the two can tell..

hometeam
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
a: not at all

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Very similar

ViperVisor
01-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Smith was 9th best on 3rd down passes for 1st downs.

Wilson was 26th best.

He doesn't have a lot of experience and success in the passing from the pocket situations just yet.

Will his lack of size to see back in the pocket hamper his development at doing it?

milkman
01-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Wilson usually makes good, smart, decisions.

Smith makes safe decisions.

Otter
01-18-2015, 04:46 PM

Alex Smith is like watching old ladies play golf. Wilson tries to drive the ball 350 yards a couple times a game.

But, but, but...if we get Alex the perfect set of clubs, balls (golf balls) trainer, and a group of big men around him to make sure nobody makes a sound during his back swing he just might be able to hit 300 yards with the driver. That's why he being payed the big bucks. Because they're the Chiefs.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 04:47 PM
I was told it wasn't close a few weeks ago. Weird how the tide turned on this one

milkman
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM
I was told it wasn't close a few weeks ago. Weird how the tide turned on this one

It isn't close.
Wilson is having his worst game as a pro, and it isn't that much worse than Smith's average game.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM
It isn't close.
Wilson is having his worst game as a pro, and it isn't that much worse than Smith's average game.

Right ROFL

75 yards and 4 INTs?

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 04:54 PM
It isn't close.

Just crazy.

Baby Lee
01-18-2015, 04:54 PM
It isn't close.

Now that's just plain retarded. When people wonder 'why won't people just accept my valid criticism of Alex' think of instances when you sound like this.

Just Passin' By
01-18-2015, 04:56 PM
It isn't close.

.... and Milkman goes full Hootie

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 04:59 PM
It's interesting to see CP defend Alex at all costs. "Well we had that one drop on 2nd and 10 that one time when we were backed up at our own 25. We would have certainly driven down the field for a TD if not for that!" "Alex just needs more receivers. Ours are easily the worst in the league!"

Meanwhile, Russell Wilson is having a bad game and getting ripped apart. But in this bad game, he's actually possibly sporting the worst WR corps in the league (maybe the Chiefs, Raiders, or Vikings could contend) and said WRs have been directly responsible for two INTs, a fumble on a kick return, and at least a few drops.

At least try to be fair in your assessment.

Gravedigger
01-18-2015, 05:02 PM
They're essentially the same, Wilson is younger and has a better touch on the football.

Valiant
01-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Not at all. Wilson has touch, deep ball and will throw a wr open.

smith is closer to huard, cassel and and every Cleveland qb.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Not at all. Wilson has touch, deep ball and will throw a wr open.

smith is closer to huard, cassel and and every Cleveland qb.

Crazy.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 05:19 PM
yeah you homer idiots can shut up now

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 05:21 PM

^^^^^crazy

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 05:21 PM

No

Baby Lee
01-18-2015, 05:22 PM

Because Marshawn Jamaaled it?

GTFO here with that bullshit.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Right ROFL

75 yards and 4 INTs?

Just pretend the Packers are the Tennessee Titans and we're good.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Total game manager throw there.

ThaVirus
"They're the same, basically".

LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

RealSNR
When has Alex Smith ever been clutch like Wilson was on that throw?

More importantly, when has he ever been clutch in a CHIEFS uniform? That's all that matters.

milkman
01-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Marshawn Jamaaled that winning TD?

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 05:31 PM
lol homers

shut up

alex dies now

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 05:31 PM
When has Alex Smith ever been clutch like Wilson was on that throw?

More importantly, when has he ever been clutch in a CHIEFS uniform? That's all that matters.

Playoffs?

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 05:32 PM
If Alex Smith EVER does that for the Chiefs in those circumstances to take us to a Super Bowl, I'll shove a pop can up my butt.

He'll never do it.

Hamwallet
01-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Really? This thread is bad.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Came to post the same as SNR.....down to the pop can in the butt. Word for word.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 05:34 PM
If Alex Smith EVER does that for the Chiefs in those circumstances to take us to a Super Bowl, I'll shove a pop can up my butt.

He'll never do it.

Yeah, Alex would never get a chance to toss 4 picks then get a shot in OT.

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 05:34 PM
What's also funny is this game, for Wilson, was essentially Andrew Luck in a nutshell.

Made some boneheaded plays that resulted in turnovers and generally looked sloppy early on. That helped contribute to the other team getting a big lead early. Then, in the second half when it mattered most, specifically in the late 4th and on that overtime drive, he turned it on and looked like a motherfucking baller.

This is the shit that Andrew Luck does all the the time and gets praised. Now, we'll likely hear about how Seattle's defense dragged Wilson to this win.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Came to post the same as SNR.....down to the pop can in the butt. Word for word.

And you know what? I REALLY hope we get to shove pop cans up our butts.

I want to know what winning feels like.

It probably feels like the sensation you get from shoving a pop can up your butt

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 05:35 PM
. Now, we'll likely hear about how Seattle's defense dragged Wilson to this win.

It did.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 05:37 PM
And you know what? I REALLY hope we get to shove pop cans up our butts.

I want to know what winning feels like.

It probably feels like the sensation you get from shoving a pop can up your butt

I've already got my can picked out.

01-18-2015, 05:37 PM
JFC really? We need another Alex Smith thread?

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Should be noted that Russell Wilson's game-winning TD bomb was preceded by a bomb on the immediate play prior. LMAO

But throwing the ball down the field means nothing!

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Alex threw it downfield for 376 in the playoffs. What are you babbling about?

mnchiefsguy
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Should be noted that Russell Wilson's game-winning TD bomb was preceded by a bomb on the immediate play prior. LMAO

I have to admit, my first thought on the TD throw in OT was...no fucking way Alex throws that pass.

Hammock Parties
Alex threw it downfield for 376 in the playoffs. What are you babbling about?

Yes a clear example of Alex pretending to be something he is not for once.

Hammock Parties
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7q3IgYCcAAFB8N.png

ViperVisor
01-18-2015, 05:48 PM

Bombs more like medium deep passes

-King-
01-18-2015, 05:48 PM
What's also funny is this game, for Wilson, was essentially Andrew Luck in a nutshell.

Made some boneheaded plays that resulted in turnovers and generally looked sloppy early on. That helped contribute to the other team getting a big lead early. Then, in the second half when it mattered most, specifically in the late 4th and on that overtime drive, he turned it on and looked like a motherfucking baller.

This is the shit that Andrew Luck does all the the time and gets praised. Now, we'll likely hear about how Seattle's defense dragged Wilson to this win.

If you throw 4 INTs and have 5 turnovers overall and the opposing team still only scores 19 points, it's more on the defense.

Bowser
01-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Exactly the same guy, minus one actually being clutch when it matters.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 05:50 PM
If you throw 4 INTs and have 5 turnovers overall and the opposing team still only scores 19 points, it's more on the defense.

I've said many times... Alex Smith's style of play would be fine, if he could just close games.

Russell Wilson closes games. Alex Smith does not.

That's the big, big difference between these 2 QBs.

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 05:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7q3IgYCcAAFB8N.png

CP weeps.

They say Alex rightfully ignores a wide open Bowe on critical 3rd downs because he dropped a pass one time.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 05:53 PM

Because Alex has never lost a game when the defense played well.

-King-
01-18-2015, 05:53 PM
I've said many times... Alex Smith's style of play would be fine, if he could just close games.

That's the big, big difference between these 2 QBs.

Forcing yourself into situations where you have to close games is not good. It's not like his defense is allowing 30+ forcing him to score a lot. The defense allowed 19 points mostly off his mistakes. You shouldn't be congratulated for cleaning up messes that you made.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Forcing yourself into situations where you have to close games is not good. It's not like his defense is allowing 30+ forcing him to score a lot. The defense allowed 19 points mostly off his mistakes. You shouldn't be congratulated for cleaning up messes that you made.

He would have lost the game had the Packers not screwed up the onside

Ragged Robin
01-18-2015, 05:56 PM
I have to admit, my first thought on the TD throw in OT was...no ****ing way Alex throws that pass.

didn't he throw the same pass to Avery against the Colts?

Hootie
01-18-2015, 05:56 PM
.... and Milkman goes full Hootie

LMAO

you got pwned, bro

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Good holy Jeebus... people told me I had a weird obsession with Alex.. yet some of you can't get him out of your mouth for any length of time. LMAO

You know he will be your QB in 2015. Just deal with it like men and see what happens, instead of wailing like lil girls. :p

GO CHIEFS

Hootie
01-18-2015, 05:58 PM
RunKC said Russell was like the 9th best player on his own team. Really quality posts in the NFCCG game thread.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 05:59 PM

Smith sure did close the biggest Chiefs game in recent years (Indy)... Not his fault that Bowe couldn't bother to stab his 2nd foot in bounds.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:01 PM

The Chiefs defense has given Alex Smith that kind of opportunity for two years.

Where the fuck is our miraculous win?

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Smith sure did close the biggest Chiefs game in recent years (Indy)... Not his fault that Bowe couldn't bother to stab his 2nd foot in bounds.

So when Russell Wilson does it, he gets George Halas trophies.

When Alex Smith does it, he gets excuses made for him.

I don't quuuuuiiiiite think we're talking about the same player, here

mnchiefsguy
01-18-2015, 06:03 PM
didn't he throw the same pass to Avery against the Colts?

Avery was wide open, Kearce had a defender with him...Alex would not have thrown that pass. He has shown time and time again that he will only throw that kind of pass if the WR is wide open, and I mean wide fucking open.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 06:05 PM
So when Russell Wilson does it, he gets George Halas trophies.

When Alex Smith does it, he gets excuses made for him.

I don't quuuuuiiiiite think we're talking about the same player, here

You can color it any way you wish to.. but if Bowe gets his 2nd foot in, KC wins... and then you would have to shut your ass up. It's not an excuse. If the WR won't make the catch and drop his feet in bounds, then no clutch pass can be thrown.

-King-
The Chiefs defense has given Alex Smith that kind of opportunity for two years.

Where the fuck is our miraculous win?

Alex Smith has 1 loss when our defense has allowed 19 or less points. Wilson has 4 losses.

milkman

The Seattle defense was greatly aided by McCarthy's playcalling.

Mike McCarthy lost this game.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I was fine with how Rodgers played.

I do, GUARANTEE, if Peyton lost that game in that fashion the entire board would be calling him a choker.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 06:07 PM

I like the pass he threw there.

But I would also say those games in our final stretch where we went 1-4 were pretty important too. And in all 4 losses, he was beyond terrible in the final stretch of winnable games.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:08 PM
You can color it any way you wish to.. but if Bowe gets his 2nd foot in, KC wins... and then you would have to shut your ass up. It's not an excuse. If the WR won't make the catch and drop his feet in bounds, then no clutch pass can be thrown.

Alex has never given us a clutch win yet. Regular season or post.

He's played 4th quarter relief pitcher and left his defense to finish what he couldn't do many times.

He had a bunch of opportunities to do so this year and couldn't do it.

Yet again, we're being sold on his New Orleans playoff win. We may as well get sold Tim Tebow for his Pittsburgh playoff win, too.

He's a trash fucking QB who will never give us what Seattle has just experienced in a conference championship game.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Alex Smith has 1 loss when our defense has allowed 19 or less points. Wilson has 4 losses.

Who fucking cares?

When is Alex going to win a game like that for us? Regular season or postseason, I don't care. But he needs to give us one.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
I like the pass he threw there.

But I would also say those games in our final stretch where we went 1-4 were pretty important too. And in all 4 losses, he was beyond terrible in the final stretch of winnable games.

Can't argue with that. Just to say.. at least 2 of those 4, there was like a minute and a half, no timeouts, and a whole field to drive.

KC's game is balance with the threat of the run game. When everyone knows they are forced to pass for chunk yards, this is a killer for a team with a bottom 5 OL and WRs.

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Who fucking cares?

When is Alex going to win a game like that for us? Regular season or postseason, I don't care. But he needs to give us one.

He needs to throw 4 picks and need to bail himself out in the last minute of the game? Why do you need that?

If your defense gives up 19 points off 4 of your turnovers, I'm not going to pat you on the back for making 2 throws. He had a horrible game. Can't remember the last time a QB got bailed out like that.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 06:13 PM

That assumes the FG is made. If the FG isn't made, then the kicker is blamed instead of Bowe.

It sure is his fault he didn't protect the ball, or lead the offense on some drives in the middle of the second half, or throw a half-way accurate pass to Cyrus Gray when he was Alex Smith-open, or lead the Chiefs to 7 instead of 3 on their last scoring drive, etc.

Alex Smith had a great game, but it wasn't a flawless masterpiece performance. He made some mistakes. Bowe was the same (he was great in that game as well).

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 06:13 PM

We still needed to either score a TD or make a field goal. You can hardly count that game as a win even if we convert on that 4th down.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Can't argue with that. Just to say.. at least 2 of those 4, there was like a minute and a half, no timeouts, and a whole field to drive.

KC's game is balance with the threat of the run game. When everyone knows they are forced to pass for chunk yards, this is a killer for a team with a bottom 5 OL and WRs.

It is also a killer for teams with middling, game manager quarterbacks.

SAUTO
01-18-2015, 06:15 PM

He was in the end zone at that point?

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:16 PM
We still needed to either score a TD or make a field goal. You can hardly count that game as a win even if we convert on that 4th down.

He was well inside field goal range right?

The Mayor

Not this again. You must be forgetting Alice's earlier fumble and the pathetic intentional grounding play. He hasn't closed shit.

Hootie
two of his picks hit his receivers square in the hands

but hey

whatever helps you bash on Russell, King

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/1939452_10152850692696773_1190295550240191363_o.jpg

Sandy Vagina
Alex has never given us a clutch win yet. Regular season or post.

He's played 4th quarter relief pitcher and left his defense to finish what he couldn't do many times.

He had a bunch of opportunities to do so this year and couldn't do it.

Yet again, we're being sold on his New Orleans playoff win. We may as well get sold Tim Tebow for his Pittsburgh playoff win, too.

He's a trash ****ing QB who will never give us what Seattle has just experienced in a conference championship game.

Cry me a river... wail it out.. maybe you will feel better this time.

I do know there were games where he greatly assisted the team to wins. Whether that was completing passes to keep drives alive... running clock... making it very hard for opponents to comeback... or whether he put together drives to get back a lead.

I remember well that he put together a long, game-winning drive @ SD last season. He personally ran in a TD @ Buffalo last season to score the game-winning TD. Forgot about that one too?

chiefzilla1501
He needs to throw 4 picks and need to bail himself out in the last minute of the game? Why do you need that?

If your defense gives up 19 points off 4 of your turnovers, I'm not going to pat you on the back for making 2 throws. He had a horrible game. Can't remember the last time a QB got bailed out like that.
I would rather a QB who plays shitty early but is a good closer, than the opposite. And Smith is the opposite. Russell Wilson has half the starts as Alex Smith and yet is basically close to beating Alex Smith in game winning drives. I'll let that sink in for a little bit.

SAUTO
I was fine with how Rodgers played.

I do, GUARANTEE, if Peyton lost that game in that fashion the entire board would be calling him a choker.

Was there a game losing int?

Did Rodgers fuck up the on side kick? Hell did he even get a chance with the ball except where they scored a tying fg?

How did he choke it away?

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:18 PM
two of his picks hit his receivers square in the hands

but hey

whatever helps you bash on Russell, King

Wut? HOw am I bashing Russell? He's a good QB. He had a HORRIBLE game today though. How can anyone deny that?

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Not this again. You must be forgetting Alice's earlier fumble and the pathetic intentional grounding play. He hasn't closed shit.

Those all came earlier. When it was final clutch-time, he put the ball in there to his 14 mil a yr WR.. who failed to stab his 2nd foot in. Pointing to earlier plays is impotent misdirection at best.

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:19 PM
I would rather a QB who plays shitty early but is a good closer, than the opposite. And Smith is the opposite. Russell Wilson has half the starts as Alex Smith and yet is basically close to beating Alex Smith in game winning drives. I'll let that sink in for a little bit.

You shouldn't need many game winning drives when your defense is allowing 14 fucking points per game.

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Cry me a river... wail it out.. maybe you will feel better this time.

I do know there were games where he greatly assisted the team to wins. Whether that was completing passes to keep drives alive... running clock... making it very hard for opponents to comeback... or whether he put together drives to get back a lead.

I remember well that he put together a long, game-winning drive @ SD last season. He personally ran in a TD @ Buffalo last season to score the game-winning TD. Forgot about that one too?

You mean with like 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter? And basically relied on his defense to close things out?

Yeah, that's totally the same thing!

The Mayor
01-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Those all came earlier. When it was final clutch-time, he put the ball in there to his 14 mil a yr WR.. who failed to stab his 2nd foot in. Pointing to earlier plays is impotent misdirection at best.

The intentional grounding was clutch time. Alice failed the Chiefs. He is weak when it counts.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Remember if Wilson hadn't thrown one of the most incredible 2-point passes in NFL history the D loses the game.

Dude balled out when it mattered.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 06:22 PM
It is also a killer for teams with middling, game manager quarterbacks.

Well, that's all KC can come up with. Who the hell really wants to pitch their tent in Missouri and play for a team with a bottom OL and WR corps?

You don't like it, too bad. At least the addition of Smith took your 2-14 laughingstock team out of the basement. May not be the penthouse, but oh well.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:22 PM
how did Russell have a horrible game?

did you not watch those last 3 drives?

were those not part of the game?

did the game end before he got those final 3 drives?

just curious

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Well, that's all KC can come up with. Who the hell really wants to pitch their tent in Missouri and play for a team with a bottom OL and WR corps?

You don't like it, too bad. At least the addition of Smith took your 2-14 laughingstock team out of the basement. May not be the penthouse, but oh well.

I don't give a fuck about being 11-5 with no chance at making a playoff run compared to being 2-14. Maybe if the Chiefs were a team on the "build" with several young superstars who project to get better, you could draw some satisfaction from it. But when all of the key playmakers except Justin Houston are guys whose primes are almost over, an 11-5 season without a playoff win mean nothing.

If you were an actual Chiefs fan instead of an Alex Smith ball washer, you'd be able to understand why so many Chiefs fans no longer place stock in "being competitive" and being proud of not being terrible.

It's also "All KC can come up with" because there's a 40 year trend of being incredibly conservative in addressing the QB position, looking for "good enough" and playing it safe so you can avoid being really awful and stay competitive.

Too many fans accept that bullshit.

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:26 PM

just curious

The overtime drive was good. The drives before that were more Marshawn Lynch than they were Wilson. And btw, those drives would not have been necessary if he didn't throw 4 fucking picks in the game.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:27 PM
yep yep yep

cuz those 4 picks were all on him

uh huh

definitely

all marshawn lynch

for sure

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:28 PM
The overtime drive was good. The drives before that were more Marshawn Lynch than they were Wilson. And btw, those drives would not have been necessary if he didn't throw 4 fucking picks in the game.

Alex Smith once completed less than 50 percent of his passes in an NFCCG in which his defense played it's ass off.

He lost because he was completely unclutch at the end when it mattered. Couldn't even convert a fucking third down.

Alex Smith is a middling QB who delivers middling results. Russell Wilson has been to two Super Bowls now because he delivers the fucking goods.

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Fun fact, in the games Russell Wilson has won in his career, the Seahawks have given up 12.3 points per game.

OMG HOW DOES HE OVERCOME THAT?!?!

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:30 PM

If he can't get us a playoff win, I don't want him on my team.

That's right, I'll take 2-14 every year.

At least when you're 2-14, people never say, "Hey man, don't get too down on your team. Alex Smith is an okay QB who won't throw interceptions... right? That's good, yeah?"

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Two of those INTs hit the receiver right in the breadbasket. Another he threw in the endzone leading to a touchback. The kickoff return fumble had nothing to with Wilson..

Really, he had one INT that was entirely on him that put his defense in a bad position.

OnTheWarpath15
Fun fact, in the games Russell Wilson has won in his career, the Seahawks have given up 12.3 points per game.

Jesus Christ.

I'm assuming you meant playoff wins, but even then...

Sandy Vagina
I don't give a **** about being 11-5 with no chance at making a playoff run compared to being 2-14.

Too many fans accept that bullshit.

Well, that's your ****ing problem. As a fan hoping for any team, winning games feels good. If it doesn't for you, boo-hoo, oh well. :thumb:

-King-
01-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Two of those INTs hit the receiver right in the breadbasket. Another he threw in the endzone leading to a touchback. The kickoff return fumble had nothing to with Wilson..

Really, he had one INT that was entirely on him that put his defense in a bad position.

So it's okay to throw a pick in the endzone now? I would argue that hurts the Seahawks more than any other pick. That takes at least 3 points off the board.

aturnis
Not similar at all

Hootie

he's doing exactly what Tom Brady did when Tom Brady won his Super Bowls

do you think Andy Luck is throwing for 4500 yards and 40 TDs as Seattle's QB?

no reason to be a stat compiler if your team is generally always in the lead ... I realize that's tough for you to understand

SAUTO
01-18-2015, 06:33 PM
So it's okay to throw a pick in the endzone now? I would argue that hurts the Seahawks more than any other pick. That takes at least 3 points off the board.

Exactly.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:33 PM
he certainly underthrew the ball that was picked in the end zone ... but his receiver did him absolutely no favors whatsoever

Aaron Rodgers threw two pretty bad picks, too.

End of the world, it was

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:34 PM
but let's just blame all 4 of those picks on Russell and then give the comeback credit to Marshawn

that way Russell = Alex and the world is right

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 06:34 PM

Of course. Any INT hurts your team.

That was in response to you saying he put his defense in tough spots with his turnovers. In reality, you could only make that argument for one of them (for being his fault, that is).

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Alex lovers keep saying stats don't matter when you win like Alex!

But wait Russell just won so stats don't matter right?!

And Alex is 10-12 in his last 22 games and his stats suck, too!

LOL NOTHING MATTERS

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Aren't you an expert at managing the game when you have a 28-point lead in the 2nd half? And one of the best in the NFL at pre-snap reads?

When are you going to make my Chiefs win in the playoffs again?! CAN'T YOU DO THAT???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ugTbwvVuLKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
01-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Alex lovers keep saying stats don't matter when you win like Alex!

But wait Russell just won so stats don't matter right?!

And Alex is 10-12 in his last 22 games and his stats suck, too!

LOL NOTHING MATTERS

Something something.. "2-14 to 11-5"

"You should enjoy winning games as a fan" even if they're meaningless regular season games.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Russell threw 4 ugly picks (nevermind two of them hit his receiver in the hands)

Andy threw 2 punts last week

DeezNutz
01-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Every time I see Seattle have success off the read option, just as they did under three minutes, I'm like, "Fuck, there's Alex Smith."

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Aren't you an expert at managing the game when you have a 28-point lead in the 2nd half? And one of the best in the NFL at pre-snap reads?

When are you going to make my Chiefs win in the playoffs again?! CAN'T YOU DO THAT???

DON'T ASK ME TO THROW DOWNFIELD, DANIEL!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Wilson is amazing but he's an NFL dick sucker like JJ Watt. Fuck him

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:46 PM
he's an NFL dick sucker like JJ Watt.

If knowing that someone on my team sucks NFL dick also means they win Super Bowls and rack up 20-sack seasons, bring on the gays.

Baby Lee
01-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Watching the playoff is on CP is like attending a wedding seated with the mutants at table 9

http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/photo/10996348-large.jpg

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 06:47 PM
That assumes the FG is made. If the FG isn't made, then the kicker is blamed instead of Bowe.

It sure is his fault he didn't protect the ball, or lead the offense on some drives in the middle of the second half, or throw a half-way accurate pass to Cyrus Gray when he was Alex Smith-open, or lead the Chiefs to 7 instead of 3 on their last scoring drive, etc.

Alex Smith had a great game, but it wasn't a flawless masterpiece performance. He made some mistakes. Bowe was the same (he was great in that game as well).

376 yards 4TD-0int and another 65 rushing. It's statistically one of the best playoff games in NFL history.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 06:49 PM

just curious

^^^The Hootie-Double-Down

RealSNR
01-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Watching the playoff is on CP is like attending a wedding seated with the mutants at table 9

http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/photo/10996348-large.jpg

Go to the chat room, brah. Everybody seems really nice there.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 06:53 PM
You can scream all you want about Wilson not doing shit for the greater part of that game, but that's the exact same thing John Elway built his legend on.

It's also the exact same thing that never fucking happens to the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Seattle scored 4 TDs in that game. On those drives:

3rd and 19 at GB 48 (6:51) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to D.Baldwin to GB 19 for 29 yards

2nd and 10 at GB 35 (3:02) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to M.Lynch for 35 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official challenged the runner was in bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to M.Lynch ran ob at GB 9 for 26 yards.

3rd and 7 at SEA 30 (12:36) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to D.Baldwin to GB 35 for 35 yards (C.Hayward).

1st and 10 at GB 35 Jermaine Kearse 35 Yd pass from Russell Wilson

That's 126 yards on 4 passes.

The comeback doesn't happen unless he makes those plays.

Which QB almost never makes those plays?

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 07:06 PM
^^^^^full retard

Hootie
01-18-2015, 07:08 PM
^^^^^hungry retard

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Alex Smith is like watching old ladies play golf. Wilson tries to drive the ball 350 yards a couple times a game.

But, but, but...if we get Alex the perfect set of clubs, balls (golf balls) trainer, and a group of big men around him to make sure nobody makes a sound during his back swing he just might be able to hit 300 yards with the driver. That's why he being payed the big bucks. Because they're the Chiefs.

So...Bagger Vance, then?

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 07:22 PM
376 yards 4TD-0int and another 65 rushing. It's statistically one of the best playoff games in NFL history.

He played a great game. But Alex lovers tend to place ALL of the blame on Bowe for not executing on one play, when Alex Smith failed to execute on several plays himself.

If he had played a completely flawless game, I can accept that. But he didn't. The fumble and the missed pass to Gray were much more critical failures in that game than Bowe not getting his feet in.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 07:23 PM
You shouldn't need many game winning drives when your defense is allowing 14 ****ing points per game.

In the games Alex Smith lost on a game winning drive opportunity (SF, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, Pittsburgh) in only one of those games did Alex Smith score 20 points or more [20 points against Oakland... fucking Oakland of all teams]. In what world is that acceptable?

milkman
01-18-2015, 07:26 PM
He played a great game. But Alex lovers tend to place ALL of the blame on Bowe for not executing on one play, when Alex Smith failed to execute on several plays himself.

If he had played a completely flawless game, I can accept that. But he didn't. The fumble and the missed pass to Gray were much more critical failures in that game than Bowe not getting his feet in.

Can't agree with this.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2015, 07:29 PM

How are you not getting that the Bowe play was ultimately THE play that mattered when it most counted? :doh!:

Deberg_1990
01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Football is such amazingly funny game.

If the Packers would have just recovered that onside kick, Wilson have finished with like 75 yards and 4 INTs.

Congrats to Wilson. He made some great way plays at the end

-King-
01-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Wut? Bowe admitted that he consciously chose not to attempt to put his foot down because of fear of injury. You're crazy man.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Wut? Bowe admitted that he consciously chose not to attempt to put his foot down because of fear of injury. You're crazy man.

I'm saying it's easier to make a throw to a wide-fucking-open Cyrus Gray than to make that catch.

It's easier to protect the football from the strip-sack than make that catch.

All those plays were critical. I tend to think more about the plays that were the easiest to make as the biggest misses, rather than just the last one.

So to me, it's funny that everyone wants to kill Bowe for one mistake while holding up Alex Smith's game as this model of perfection.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 08:11 PM
no idea why this is still a debate but Alex played amazingly in that playoff loss ... could never ask for anything more

RunKC
01-18-2015, 08:12 PM
1 TD, 4 INT's, 209 yards- winner

4 TD's, 0 INT's, 300+ yards- loser

Only on CP

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 08:16 PM
no idea why this is still a debate but Alex played amazingly in that playoff loss ... could never ask for anything more

Sure you can.

You can ask him to make a throw that every QB in the NFL would be expected to complete.

He played great. Not saying he didn't. Just saying that he wasn't perfect/completely above any share of the blame for the loss.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 08:27 PM

Only on CP

Do you remember the season opener, where the Chiefs fell behind because Alex was slapping his dick around for most of the game?

Now imagine if he had pulled off an incredible comeback in the 4th quarter.

That's what Russell Wilson did today.

RunKC
01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Do you remember the season opener, where the Chiefs fell behind because Alex was slapping his dick around for most of the game?

Now imagine if he had pulled off an incredible comeback in the 4th quarter.

That's what Russell Wilson did today.

The Seahawks didn't win that game. The packers lost it.

Just a monumental collapse that shouldn't have happened.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 08:35 PM

Every team who ever lost a game when leading by two scores inside of five minutes says this.

Alex Smith is not Russell Wilson and never will be.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm saying it's easier to make a throw to a wide-****ing-open Cyrus Gray than to make that catch.

All those plays were critical. I tend to think more about the plays that were the easiest to make as the biggest misses, rather than just the last one.

So to me, it's funny that everyone wants to kill Bowe for one mistake while holding up Alex Smith's game as this model of perfection.

It was.

Marcellus
01-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Every team who ever lost a game when leading by two scores inside of five minutes says this.

Alex Smith is not Russell Wilson and never will be.

Kind of like when I looked at my friend today and said this is a Chief's level epic collapse.

And it was when you look at the time left, the score and the prize.

GB choked that game away big time.

I guess in your opinion Rodgers sucks.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 08:39 PM

Max Unger > Russell Wilson

Iconic
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM

Only on CP

Both the passes Wilson made in OT are inconceivable with Smith. Put Smith in the same situation and I'm almost certain that he throws an INT or gets us as far as a field goal... IMO Wilson is vastly over hyped and we will see that once Lynch leaves but to insinuate him and Smith are even in the same stratosphere is asinine.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 08:45 PM

No QB is going to play a flawless game. That is the dumbest thing I've heard that a 3rd quarter missed pass in a game where you put up 40+ points is more critical than the very last play on 4th down... a play that single-handedly would have put you in field goal range for a go-ahead score.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2015, 08:49 PM
GB choked that game away big time.

Yeah the Chiefs "choked" all those games against Elway away, too.

Prison Bitch
01-18-2015, 08:54 PM
No QB is going to play a flawless game. That is the dumbest thing I've heard that a 3rd quarter missed pass in a game where you put up 40+ points is more critical than the very last play on 4th down... a play that single-handedly would have put you in field goal range for a go-ahead score.

This is what's so dumb about the football fan in America: the QB gets all credit or blame for a win/loss. Anyone who honestly believes Wilson"won" that game today is beyond reason

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 09:12 PM

It wasn't a 3rd quarter pass (it was the first play of the 4th quarter).

But yeah, you're right, the missed pass to the completely wide-open teammate that would have been a 40+ yard TD which put the Chiefs up 17 points in the 4th quarter wouldn't have been demoralizing or put the Colts in a hole that was impossible to climb out of. It wasn't critical at all.

RunKC
01-18-2015, 09:21 PM
The best QB prospect ever is getting his ass kicked by the best coach ever.

Coaching and surrounding talent have just as much to do with it as a QB. Russell Wilson is not elite.

RunKC
01-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Max Unger > Russell Wilson

Who said that?

SAUTO
01-18-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm saying it's easier to make a throw to a wide-fucking-open Cyrus Gray than to make that catch.

The miss to gray was a sure td.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-18-2015, 09:29 PM

This site went full retard long ago so no one understands that.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Talking about QBs on this site is absolutely pointless

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 09:43 PM
It wasn't a 3rd quarter pass (it was the first play of the 4th quarter).

But yeah, you're right, the missed pass to the completely wide-open teammate that would have been a 40+ yard TD which put the Chiefs up 17 points in the 4th quarter wouldn't have been demoralizing or put the Colts in a hole that was impossible to climb out of. It wasn't critical at all.

4 quarters of football. 376 yards passing, 65 yards rushing, 4 TDs, a ridiculous 44 point performance. With a backup RB and missing your #2 receiver.

And we're going to get worked up over 1 missed throw.

Holy fucking hell. I don't even like Alex Smith. But this is beyond ridiculous. It makes you lose all credibility when anyone would use the playoff game against him.

milkman
01-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Talking about QBs on this site is absolutely pointless

Know what's really pointless.

The 2014 KC Chiefs WR corps.

Sorter
01-18-2015, 09:46 PM

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
01-18-2015, 09:47 PM

Also true

Hootie
01-18-2015, 09:51 PM
anybody that blames Alex for last year's playoff loss, even 1%, is a moron

Hootie
01-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Chiefs just got mentioned on NFL Live!!!!!!!

Tipped their caps to us for beating the Hawks and Pats

BigCatDaddy
01-18-2015, 09:56 PM
anybody that blames Alex for last year's playoff loss, even 1%, is a moron

The phrases "The problem" and "blame for the loss" should be abolished from football discussion. They really dumb down things severely.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 09:57 PM
4 quarters of football. 376 yards passing, 65 yards rushing, 4 TDs, a ridiculous 44 point performance. With a backup RB and missing your #2 receiver.

And we're going to get worked up over 1 missed throw.

Holy fucking hell. I don't even like Alex Smith. But this is beyond ridiculous. It makes you lose all credibility when anyone would use the playoff game against him.

I'm not using it against him, man. If you think that's the case, you're not catching where I'm coming from/what I'm saying.

I'm saying he played GREAT (I wish he played every game with the aggression he showed in that one). I'm saying he didn't play a completely perfect or flawless game. I'm saying the way some on this this site magnify the big failed play by Bowe and ignore a few key failed plays by Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm not using it against him, man. If you think that's the case, you're not catching where I'm coming from/what I'm saying.

I'm saying he played GREAT (I wish he played every game with the aggression he showed in that one). I'm saying he didn't play a completely perfect or flawless game. I'm saying the way some on this this site magnify the big failed play by Bowe and ignore a few key failed plays by Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me.

Because a big mistake in a game where you played beyond a hall of fame level shouldn't even matter. Because a big mistake in the 3rd quarter doesn't matter nearly as much as a big mistake in the final drive in the 4th quarter.

I've been tough on Alex Smith in games where he doesn't close. In this case, he threw the right pass, he threw a very catchable pass, and Bowe didn't come down with it. Many, myself included, have been maybe a little too tough on Bowe for not coming down with that. But in this case, I believe Alex Smith made the right throw on the final play of the game so I can't at all faulting him for not closing. ESPECIALLY in a game where he played beyond a hall of fame level throughout the rest of the game.

-King-
01-18-2015, 10:19 PM
Both the passes Wilson made in OT are inconceivable with Smith. Put Smith in the same situation and I'm almost certain that he throws an INT or gets us as far as a field goal... IMO Wilson is vastly over hyped and we will see that once Lynch leaves but to insinuate Smith and Alex are even in the same stratosphere is asinine.

The 2nd one sure. But that first one Baldwin was wide open. Same as Avery in the playoff game last year.

Hootie
01-18-2015, 10:21 PM
those were two picture perfect, sensational football passes

...in overtime of the NFC Championship Game

BigCatDaddy
01-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Because a big mistake in a game where you played beyond a hall of fame level shouldn't even matter. Because a big mistake in the 3rd quarter doesn't matter nearly as much as a big mistake in the final drive in the 4th quarter.

I've been tough on Alex Smith in games where he doesn't close. In this case, he threw the right pass, he threw a very catchable pass, and Bowe didn't come down with it. Many, myself included, have been maybe a little too tough on Bowe for not coming down with that. But in this case, I believe Alex Smith made the right throw on the final play of the game so I can't at all faulting him for not closing. ESPECIALLY in a game where he played beyond a hall of fame level throughout the rest of the game.

What the hell does playing part or all of 1 game at a hall of fame level even mean?

Terribilis
01-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Nailed it

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2015, 11:40 PM
What the hell does playing part or all of 1 game at a hall of fame level even mean?

In the playoff game against Indianapolis, Alex Smith played beyond a HOF level.

I am critical of Alex Smith. But anyone who is critical of Smith's play in any way against Indianapolis is just being ridiculous. For that one game, he played like a great QB even if they didn't win. I really can't believe that in a game where we put up 40+ points, where Alex Smith was responsible for almost 450 yards and 4 TDs, we have people nitpicking about 2 fucking plays.

Baby Lee
01-18-2015, 11:51 PM

I am critical of Alex Smith. But anyone who is critical of Smith's play in any way against Indianapolis is just being ridiculous. For that one game, he played like a great QB even if they didn't win. I really can't believe that in a game where we put up 40+ points, where Alex Smith was responsible for almost 450 yards and 4 TDs, we have people nitpicking about 2 fucking plays.

The PTSD patrol are just beating their chests and screeching from the mole hills of their own leavings. They'll tucker soon enough and nap quietly.

duncan_idaho
01-19-2015, 12:17 AM

I can't believe that in a game in which the Chiefs put up 40+ points, where Dwayne Bowe averaged 19 YPC, hit 150 receiving yards and got in the end zone, people are nitpicking about 1 fucking play.

Those are also beyond Hall of Fame numbers.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Bowe did score the first TD and broke a long one that put us at the 1 yard line.

.. Yet people love to bash him for his performance. And why? Because, ultimately, he didn't get the job done. Same with Alex.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 12:54 AM
I can't believe that in a game in which the Chiefs put up 40+ points, where Dwayne Bowe averaged 19 YPC, hit 150 receiving yards and got in the end zone, people are nitpicking about 1 ****ing play.

Those are also beyond Hall of Fame numbers.

You can go ahead an check my track record. I applaud Alex Smith when he has a bad game, but he closes the door. I am critical of Alex Smith when he has a solid game, then blows it in the end. I think that's a very fair way to critique a player. So yes, I think it's really silly to evaluate plays earlier in the game.

In this game, Alex Smith made the right throw on the final play of the game. Dwayne Bowe did not execute. Smith opened and closed the door. Bowe did not close the door. Pretty easy.

Even with that aside... this game is the exception where I throw my golden rule aside. The QB performance was so stellar in that game that the final drive shouldn't have had to even happen. And no, I don't think Bowe is owed that same luxury. The QB position is far more crucial. And Alex Smith's 2 mistakes (30 passes, 8 rushes) is a lot easier to forgive than Bowe's 2 mistakes (3rd down drive killed, 4th down and final play) out of 8 receptions.

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2015, 01:14 AM

I am critical of Alex Smith. But anyone who is critical of Smith's play in any way against Indianapolis is just being ridiculous. For that one game, he played like a great QB even if they didn't win. I really can't believe that in a game where we put up 40+ points, where Alex Smith was responsible for almost 450 yards and 4 TDs, we have people nitpicking about 2 ****ing plays.

So you are swaying he had a good game? Much like every QB that has played a significant amount of games in the NFL has had. Hell, Geno had a perfect QB rating the last game of the year so he was at a HOF level right?

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 01:17 AM
So you are swaying he had a good game? Much like every QB that has played a significant amount of games in the NFL has had. Hell, Geno had a perfect QB rating the last game of the year so he was at a HOF level right?

Umm....
First of all, we're talking about a playoff game vs. a meaningless game.

Secondly, I'm not the one who brought up the Indy game. It was brought up to somehow discount Alex Smith as a QB. I'm not a fan of Alex Smith. But anyone bringing up his playoff performance to in any way influence an argument that he isn't good is just ridiculous. There are lots of reason to not like Alex Smith. Leave the playoff performance out of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Chiefs just got mentioned on NFL Live!!!!!!!

Tipped their caps to us for beating the Hawks and Pats

THAT'S GREAT! :rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Umm....
First of all, we're talking about a playoff game vs. a meaningless game.

Secondly, I'm not the one who brought up the Indy game. It was brought up to somehow discount Alex Smith as a QB. I'm not a fan of Alex Smith. But anyone bringing up his playoff performance to in any way influence an argument that he isn't good is just ridiculous. There are lots of reason to not like Alex Smith. Leave the playoff performance out of it.

Thats fine but your HOF stuff was retarded... especially given HOF is reserved for those that proven something over a long period of time... not just one flukish game. By your arguement the Browns fans should have been on the Holcomb bandwagon because his playoff performance was better than Alex's vs Indy.

SAUTO
01-19-2015, 07:07 AM

this is stupid.

the packers turn one of those first qtr field goals into a td and they are going to the super bowl.

every play matters the same

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
much rather have Alex. He will be fine.

the Talking Can
01-19-2015, 09:00 AM
how similar are failure and success?

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Nothing alike. Next question.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 09:10 AM
this is stupid.

the packers turn one of those first qtr field goals into a td and they are going to the super bowl.

every play matters the same

It's not stupid. Russell Wilson won't be remembered for his 4 INTs. He's going to be remembered for the way he closed this game. Big Ben had some brutal games in clutch games, but his reputation is that the dude closed some really, really big games.

I would much rather a QB who can nail it in the 4th quarter than a QB who plays solid 3 quarters and is horrible in the 4th. In most games, Alex Smith has been a terrible closer for the Chiefs. In this one game, he did his job in the 4th.

RunKC
01-19-2015, 09:22 AM
how similar are failure and success?

You're right.

Alex Smith: 39-19 record last 4 years

They play the same role really...game managers on elite caliber teams. Wilson can throw it downfield better. That's really the only big difference.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Thats fine but your HOF stuff was retarded... especially given HOF is reserved for those that proven something over a long period of time... not just one flukish game. By your arguement the Browns fans should have been on the Holcomb bandwagon because his playoff performance was better than Alex's vs Indy.

It's not retarded. I've pointed this out multiple times. Of all the current QBs who are expected to be HOF worthy (Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady), you know what their overall record is in games where their defense gave up 30+ points? It's 3-12 and Peyton has 2 of those 3 wins (Brady didn't win one until this season). Their overall record in games where the defense gave up 40+? 0-3.

So if a hall of fame QB can't pull off a 40+ point win, then what QB should be expected to? Alex Smith did everything he could to win in this game. Period. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that anything short of going 35-35, Alex Smith was imperfect. That's fucking impossible. The standard is, did Alex Smith play at the level you'd expect from Brady, Rodgers, Montana, Elway... the answer is "yes" by a mile.

And for crying out loud, I am not an Alex Smith fan. I've been a huge critic of his. I just can't stand this shit where people are so unreasonably critical that they'll find tiny holes in a game where he did his job.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 09:28 AM
You're right.

They play the same role really...game managers on elite caliber teams. Wilson can throw it downfield better. That's really the only big difference.

Russell Wilson consistently closes games. Alex Smith does not. Russell Wilson consistently converts on third down. Alex Smith does not (I think 33% last year which is atrocious, and something like 30% this year during the Chiefs' skid at the end of the season).

Alex Smith in 113 games has 16 game winning drives
Russell Wilson in HALF THE GAMES (55 games) has 15 game winning drives

Good game managers convert third downs and close games. Alex Smith doesn't do either of those things. So I really hate that people throw the game manager label on him.

DTLB58
01-19-2015, 09:31 AM
One major difference between Smith and Wilson is that Smith never would have thrown the ball Wilson did to win that game in OT because in Smith's eyes that WR was covered.

All the talking heads always say how Smith won't lose you the game because he won't commit turnovers, but he won't win it for you either, like Wilson did yesterday cause he won't take ANY chances whatsoever!

As an NFL QB you have to throw into tight spaces. It's the difference between college and pro.

Also, Smith didn't keep his eyes downfield when the rush came around him this year.

And Smith lead the worst 2 minutes offense I've ever seen this season. Just gawd awful. I will put some of that at the feet of the coaches however because it looked so disorganized.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Russell Wilson consistently closes games. Alex Smith does not. Russell Wilson consistently converts on third down. Alex Smith does not (I think 33% last year which is atrocious, and something like 30% this year during the Chiefs' skid at the end of the season).

Good game managers convert third downs and close games. Alex Smith doesn't do either of those things. So I really hate that people throw the game manager label on him.

Wilson was not been good at converting on 3rd down this year. Even adding his 50% rate when he scrambles on 3rd.
Because his pass rate was sup par
http://i.imgur.com/J9eTPNQ.jpg

01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Wilson is such a phony douche. Saying they had "no doubt" and spewing all that dumb, regurgitated coach speak. You'll never get a real word out of this dude.

Ragged Robin
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Their game is REMOTELY similar, Wilson is obviously way more dynamic in terms of being able to run and create plays and also has the killer instinct to take a shot and go for the throat. Outside of that, they don't really do a whole lot in the passing game and he's not going to put up epic passing yards and TDs since they heavily lean on the run. They also don't have a true #1 receiver (sound familiar?) so they're kind of gimped in the passing game to begin with. Let's not forget their championship calibre defense which only allowed 22 points to the best QB in the league after their team turned it over FIVE times (x4 offense x1 ST)..

Beef Supreme
01-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Wilson has better pocket awareness, throws MUCH better on the run and throws a better deep ball.

Obviously he looked like shit most of the game yesterday. But that isn't typical.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Wilson was not been good at converting on 3rd down this year. Even adding his 50% rate when he scrambles on 3rd.

Yes, and Alex has mostly sucked at it his WHOLE CAREER.

So let's wait and see if Wilson gets back to his championship season form. He also just about led the NFL in YPA that year. Something Alex knows nothing about.

Basically Alex is a poverty version of Russell Wilson.

01-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Yes, and Alex has mostly sucked at it his WHOLE CAREER.

So let's wait and see if Wilson gets back to his championship season form. He also just about led the NFL in YPA that year. Something Alex knows nothing about.

Basically Alex is a poverty version of Russell Wilson.

:clap:

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 10:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J9eTPNQ.jpg

I haven't paid any attention to his #'s this season. That may be right.

What I know is that Russell Wilson went 8-8 last week against Carolina on third downs, and 60% in last year's Super Bowl. What I know is that he finished at 43% his rookie year and 36.4% in 2014, which is just below the 38% norm.
What I also know is Alex Smith's % last year was 34% against a really easy schedule. And that in the final stretch of this season, the team went 18-64 (28%) -- I don't know what Smith's % is in that, but I know it's not good.

The Chiefs' horrible third down efficiency led to a 1-4 record in the final stretch. The Chiefs' inability to close games led to a failed final 4th quarter offensive drive in 4 of the 7 losses. Wilson has obviously closed more games than Smith by a mile... maybe you're right about Wilson on third downs, but it doesn't defend Smith's horrible performance to close the season on third downs.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Cherry picking a bit too much there.

Can't say 1 thing led to loses other than maybe throwing a string of pick 6s.

The bad stretch of 3rd down and redzone conversion was part of the reason.
Jamaal only racking up about 60 yards on the ground on avg
Getting steamrolled on the ground on the other side of the ball
Defense avoiding turnover chances like the plague
Badly timed turnovers
and a ref call or 2 not going your way

It added up to loses that kept the team out of the playoffs.

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2015, 10:19 AM
I doubt there will be 10 years worth of" can Russell Wilson be fixed" threads.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 10:25 AM

Badly timed turnovers

The single biggest difference by a mile between the 7-3 Chiefs and the 1-4 Chiefs was QB play. You are absolutely kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

We had a defense that even with their shortcomings played like a top tier defense. We have elite RBs crippled by a passing game that doesn't open up the box. Third down conversion is a standard measuring stick for a game management QB and Smith was beyond terrible. We lost 4 of our 7 games when we had a chance on the final offensive drive to tie or go-ahead.

How in the world is calling out third down conversions and game-winning drives "cherry picking"? I've been mentioning it all season long and even complimented Smith consistently in the middle of the season when he was... y'know... actually doing those things.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 10:28 AM

Badly timed turnovers

Hey, please be a little more dishonest next time.

We averaged 120 rushing YPG and actually had a top 5 rushing attack for much of the season.

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 10:29 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 10:38 AM
The single biggest difference by a mile between the 7-3 Chiefs and the 1-4 Chiefs was QB play. You are absolutely kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

We had a defense that even with their shortcomings played like a top tier defense. We have elite RBs crippled by a passing game that doesn't open up the box. Third down conversion is a standard measuring stick for a game management QB and Smith was beyond terrible. We lost 4 of our 7 games when we had a chance on the final offensive drive to tie or go-ahead.

How in the world is calling out third down conversions and game-winning drives "cherry picking"? I've been mentioning it all season long and even complimented Smith consistently in the middle of the season when he was... y'know... actually doing those things.

It's cherry picking because you cherry picked a portion of the season.
If that is a new argument of what happened over that span it is fair.

What is not fair is We had a defense that even with their shortcomings played like a top tier defense. We have elite RBs crippled by a passing game that doesn't open up the box.
That is more make believe than reality.

And if third down conversions and game-winning drives is your focus the defense pooped themselves @ OAK and vs. DEN in back to back weeks. And @ PIT they were 5/10 on 3rd downs.

QB play is almost always the single biggest factor but the extreme hyper focus on Smith's failures in Nov. and Dec. is crazy but typical for this board.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Hey, please be a little more dishonest next time.

We averaged 120 rushing YPG and actually had a top 5 rushing attack for much of the season.

Read the context and be a little less dumbass next time.
He was talking about the bad record in games late in the season.

Games 11-15
Jamaal carries were taken back as he was banged up
57.4 yards rushing was the avg from him over that stretch.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
It's cherry picking because you cherry picked a portion of the season.
If that is a new argument of what happened over that span it is fair.

What is not fair is We had a defense that even with their shortcomings played like a top tier defense. We have elite RBs crippled by a passing game that doesn't open up the box.
That is more make believe than reality.
What is not fair about that?

We have elite RBs. We had a defense that played more than good enough to win games. We had one of the worst pass defenses during that 1-4 stretch. So yeah, I think I'm going to bag on the group that was terrible.

Don't even tell me you're going to try to convince anyone that defenders aren't stacking the box to stop Charles because they don't respect the pass.

And is third down conversions and game-winning drives are the focus the defense pooped themselves @ OAK and vs. DEN in back to back weeks. And @ PIT they were 5/10 on 3rd downs.
Alex Smith had the ball in his hands with the chance to win the game against Oakland. He didn't. The Denver game is more excusable but again... he was just bad. The defense wasn't great back to back weeks, but Alex Smith was consistently bad that entire 5 week stretch except for 1 game against Oakland. The defense, on the other hand, was excellent the remaining three games.

QB play is almost always the single biggest factor but the extreme hyper focus on Smith's failures in Nov. and Dec. is crazy but typical for this board.

This isn't hard to figure out. The biggest difference between the 7-3 Chiefs and the 1-4 Chiefs is that their third down conversion % fell from ~50% to 28%.

And it's not cherry picking. The Chiefs closed the season at 1-4 (Chase Daniel getting us a meaningful win getting us to 2-4). Alex Smith was terrible in 4 of those 5 games. That 1-4 stretch took us out of the playoffs.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Excellent?
Terrible?

Be specific and and less buzzword.

Because the defense was not excellent @ AZ or PIT
And only DEN game at home was what you could classify as Terrible from Smith

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Read the context and be a little less dumbass next time.

He was talking about the bad record in games late in the season.

Games 11-15

Jamaal carries were taken back as he was banged up

57.4 yards rushing was the avg from him over that stretch.

Right. Everything you mentioned happened early on in the season as well, minus Jamaal's carries and the "bad stretch of 3rd down and red zone conversion", which is linked more to Alex than anything.

So basically the difference between winning games and losing them is 10 yards from Jamaal Charles.

Got it.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Right. Everything you mentioned happened early on in the season as well, minus Jamaal's carries and the "bad stretch of 3rd down and red zone conversion", which is linked more to Alex than anything.

So basically the difference between winning games and losing them is 10 yards from Jamaal Charles.

Got it.

Yep. That's the thesis of what I said. Jamaal being used less. I didn't list 5 other things.

You goofed up. Say my bad, I misunderstood the post and move on.

RunKC
01-19-2015, 11:12 AM

The NFL puts too much on QB's. What if Bowe gets his feet down in Indy?
What if Kyle Williams doesn't fumble?
Those happen and Alex is looked on as a completely different QB.

People blaming Alex for putting up 44 points and losing is just mind-boggling. No QB wins without a good supporting cast and Russell Wilson is living proof.
Luck plays a role as well.

The 2 pt play should have been defended (wtf was Haha doing?) and the onside kick?

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Excellent?
Terrible?

Be specific and and less buzzword.

Because the defense was not excellent @ AZ or PIT
And only DEN game at home was what you could classify as Terrible from Smith

How specific do you want me to get? Alex Smith was really bad in the 4th quarter against Pittsburgh when he needed him most, mounted an excellent comeback in Oakland then was brutally inept on the most critical drive of the game, scored ZERO second half points against the Cardinals, and as mentioned... was terrible against the Broncos. This was a terrible stretch for Alex Smith. During that span, the team went 28% on third downs, he took 20 sacks (that would have put him on pace for 60+ sacks). So Alex Smith didn't move the chains, he didn't close games, he was missing blitz pickups left and right, threw an embarrassingly low number of deep passes, and oh by the way, did I again mention the team went 1-4 during this stretch?

Maybe using the word "excellent" to describe the defense was wrong. The defense and running game were good enough to win games for even below average QB play. The passing game shit the bed in that 5 game stretch. It is silly to blame it on anyone but them. You can blame the OL and WRs if you want. But the passing game was downright awful.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
The NFL puts too much on QB's. What if Bowe gets his feet down in Indy?
What if Kyle Williams doesn't fumble?
Those happen and Alex is looked on as a completely different QB.

People blaming Alex for putting up 44 points and losing is just mind-boggling. No QB wins without a good supporting cast and Russell Wilson is living proof.
Luck plays a role as well.

The 2 pt play should have been defended (wtf was Haha doing?) and the onside kick?

I'll give credit where credit is due. I've consistently defended Alex Smith's performance against Indy and some called me a homer. I defended his play in the beginning of the season where I thought he played well the first 10 games of the season.

But I'm going to call him out when he looks like shit. He looked like shit the beginning of last year. He looked like shit at the end of this year.

ViperVisor
01-19-2015, 11:24 AM
How specific do you want me to get? Alex Smith was really bad in the 4th quarter against Pittsburgh when he needed him most, mounted an excellent comeback in Oakland then was brutally inept on the most critical drive of the game, scored ZERO second half points against the Cardinals, and as mentioned... was terrible against the Broncos. This was a terrible stretch for Alex Smith. During that span, the team went 28% on third downs, he took 20 sacks (that would have put him on pace for 60+ sacks). So Alex Smith didn't move the chains, he didn't close games, he was missing blitz pickups left and right, threw an embarrassingly low number of deep passes, and oh by the way, did I again mention the team went 1-4 during this stretch?

Maybe using the word "excellent" to describe the defense was wrong. The defense and running game were good enough to win games for even below average QB play. The passing game shit the bed in that 5 game stretch. It is silly to blame it on anyone but them. You can blame the OL and WRs if you want. But the passing game was downright awful.

More cherry picking segments of games and hyperbole and over-simplistic analysis.

You bury the lead of blame the OL and WRs. It is a series of moving parts. Smith is the biggest part but the dismissive addressing of the other 10 guys is retarded.

And downright awful ?
Take out the OAK win and it was still respectable overall numbers
92-143 991 yards 5 TDs 2 INT

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 11:28 AM
More cherry picking segments of games and hyperbole and over-simplistic analysis.

You bury the lead of blame the OL and WRs. It is a series of moving parts. Smith is the biggest part but the dismissive addressing of the other 10 guys is retarded.

And downright awful ?
Take out the OAK win and it was still respectable overall numbers
92-143 991 yards 5 TDs 2 INT

When did I dismiss the other 10 guys? The QB is the leader of the passing game. The RB is the leader of the running game. Defense is the defense. Like I said, you can blame the OL and WR... they played terrible too. But Alex Smith is the leader of that unit.

And that is laughable that anyone would call our passing attack that stretch "respectable." Most of those numbers came in garbage, come-from-behind stretches. Anyone who actually watched the games knows the passing game was unacceptably bad.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Yep. That's the thesis of what I said. Jamaal being used less. I didn't list 5 other things.

You goofed up. Say my bad, I misunderstood the post and move on.

Not at all. You mentioned a bunch of shit that also happened while we won 7 of 8 as reasons why we didn't win late in the season.

If we're keeping it G-real here, the only differences you mentioned that are correct are about 10 less yards per game on average from Jamaal and an absolute shit 3rd down and red zone conversion rate.

The 3rd down and red zone conversion rate has more to do with Alex than any other individual player (or unit, even) on the team.

Are 10-15 yards from Jamaal Charles really the difference in a won and lost game?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:40 AM
holy mother of God

do any of you actually watch Russell Wilson play football?

Or was yesterday the first time?

RunKC
01-19-2015, 12:04 PM
I'll give credit where credit is due. I've consistently defended Alex Smith's performance against Indy and some called me a homer. I defended his play in the beginning of the season where I thought he played well the first 10 games of the season.

But I'm going to call him out when he looks like shit. He looked like shit the beginning of last year. He looked like shit at the end of this year.

You put Russell Wilson behind the OL with the receivers Alex Smith had this year and he's not the same guy.

The Packers destroyed Wilson most of the game by utterly abusing their backup RT and forced him to throw 4 INT's. They were getting pressure on him all game long and look at what happened?
In KC they lost Max Unger and look at what happened? Poe sacks him and that OL gets owned. The last drive Wilson is running for his life and can't make any plays.

That OL and Lynch make life so much easier for him. His receivers are not great but at least they can get separation.

dls6501
01-19-2015, 12:18 PM
The Packers destroyed Wilson most of the game by utterly abusing their backup RT and forced him to throw 4 INT's. They were getting pressure on him all game long and look at what happened?

Not a single interception Wilson threw yesterday was a result from pressure. Not sure what game you were watching.

Rausch
01-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I think they're very similar.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 12:29 PM
You put Russell Wilson behind the OL with the receivers Alex Smith had this year and he's not the same guy.

In KC they lost Max Unger and look at what happened? Poe sacks him and that OL gets owned. The last drive Wilson is running for his life and can't make any plays.

That OL and Lynch make life so much easier for him. His receivers are not great but at least they can get separation.
Russell Wilson has made 2 super bowls. I don't like playing the game of 'if this qb was in his shoes, he would have done this...' As of today, Russell Wilson has made the Super Bowl twice. I don't care how good the supporting cast is, that's phenomenal.

And again.. 8-8 on third downs against Carolina. Excellent 4th quarter / ot performance. Hard to take that away, I don't care how bad his start was against GB.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Russell played a great game against KC ... people do realize that making the correct reads on read option running is imperative, right?

RunKC
01-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Russell Wilson has made 2 super bowls. I don't like playing the game of 'if this qb was in his shoes, he would have done this...' As of today, Russell Wilson has made the Super Bowl twice. I don't care how good the supporting cast is, that's phenomenal.

And again.. 8-8 on third downs against Carolina. Excellent 4th quarter / ot performance. Hard to take that away, I don't care how bad his start was against GB.

9/18 103 yards 0 TD's 25.9 QBR
16/25 215 yards 1 TD 38.9 QBR

those were his stats in the Saints and 49ers playoff games to get them to the SB. That's Alex Smith type production. Do you disagree?

Meanwhile Alex puts up 4 TD's/0 INT's and 378 passing yards and an 81.9 QBR and lost.

The difference is surrounding talent. It makes quite a bit of difference. Same way Rex Grossman got to the SB.

ChiefsCountry
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM
9/18 103 yards 0 TD's 25.9 QBR
16/25 215 yards 1 TD 38.9 QBR

those were his stats in the Saints and 49ers playoff games to get them to the SB. That's Alex Smith type production. Do you disagree?

Meanwhile Alex puts up 4 TD's/0 INT's and 378 passing yards and an 81.9 QBR and lost.

The difference is surrounding talent. It makes quite a bit of difference. Same way Rex Grossman got to the SB.

Please quit posting you are making yourself look like a bigger fucking idiot than what you already are.

O.city
01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
I love Russel wilson, but right now, Lynch makes that offense go.

Will be interesting to see the evolution of it becoming more Wilson's after lynch is gone

Rausch
01-19-2015, 12:55 PM

Lynch is definitely the heart of that team.

No argument there...

RunKC
01-19-2015, 12:55 PM

Will be interesting to see the evolution of it becoming more Wilson's after lynch is gone

Chiefscountry says you're a fucking idiot for saying this.

Everything he says is right, like that we should have drafted Geno

the Talking Can
01-19-2015, 12:56 PM
You're right.

they have nothing in common

it's embarrassing to even pretend they do...repeat: Alex Smith has nothing in common with the QB going to his second straight superbowl in the 3rd year of his career

Alex Smith is a nobody...a mid-level nobody whose spent more years being a bust than he has years being a mid-level nobody

Chiefs fans and QBs will never not be painful to watch

O.city
01-19-2015, 12:57 PM
But as to the thread?

Yeah, they may put up similar numbers, but they aren't alike.

One is a playmaker at the qb position, one isnt.

Bowser
01-19-2015, 12:58 PM

it's embarrassing to even pretend they do...repeat: Alex Smith has nothing in common with the QB going to his second straight superbowl in the 3rd year of his career

Alex Smith is a nobody...a mid-level nobody whose spent more years being a bust than he has years being a mid-level nobody

This is the biggest dose of truth to be posted today.

Rausch
Chiefscountry says you're a ****ing idiot for saying this.

Everything he says is right, like that we should have drafted Geno

Geno would STILL have been a better pick...

O.city
Wilson has more input into his teams wins than Smith does

Rausch
01-19-2015, 01:02 PM

I couldn't disagree more.

Both are game managers.

The biggest difference is clutch play.

Wilson makes the throws. All of them. He's sick-retard-g00d as the pressure mounts.

Smith $#its his pants.

Not all (Smith's) fault but he elevates NO ONE.

Wilson ELEVATES HIS GAME when it matters....

RunKC
Wilson has more input into his teams wins than Smith does

He's not the reason they are where they are. Yes he's a good QB, but that team runs behind the defense and running game.

Running game sets up Wilson

the Talking Can
there is a long and glorious history of chiefs fans comparing their shitty QBs to Superbowl QBs...

remember when people used to compare thigpen and rothlessburger?

good times...

Chiefs fan watching the superbowl: "Hey, our QB is just like that guy!"

Pablo
01-19-2015, 01:03 PM

Chiefs fans and QBs will never not be painful to watchStop being so mean. Alex is a nice guy.

RealSNR
01-19-2015, 01:03 PM
The presence of a great defense does not preclude the mediocrity of the QB.

I don't know of a single QB who won a Super Bowl with a subpar defense. Kurt Warner needed his underrated Rams defense. Drew Brees needed his bounty legally aggressive defense.

A team like the 1998 Vikings got close, but no cigar. You will always necessarily need at least a competent defense to get it done, and more often than not your defense needs to be pretty good.

Russell Wilson isn't exactly Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson. I never saw Dilfer and Johnson make the plays that Wilson has made in his young career.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 01:05 PM
If Wilson elevates his play when it matters and constantly comes through in the clutch he's not a game manager.

the Talking Can
01-19-2015, 01:06 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

Both are game managers.

The biggest difference is clutch play.

Wilson makes the throws. All of them. He's sick-retard-g00d as the pressure mounts.

Smith $#its his pants.

Not all (Smith's) fault but he elevates NO ONE.

Wilson ELEVATES HIS GAME when it matters....

stop it

they have nothing in common, they are different SPECIES

life long 'game managers' (and boy is that a generous word) don't go to superbowls...QBs that take their teams to superbowls, especially 2 in the first 3 years, are fundamentally different people

stats mean nothing...literally god damn nothing

Brady and Wilson you can discuss

Smith does not get discussed

the Talking Can
01-19-2015, 01:07 PM
If Wilson elevates his play when it matters and constantly comes through in the clutch he's not a game manager.

or this

thank you for the short version

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
This is like arguing that Tim Duncan and Amar'e Stoudemire are the same player b/c their PPG are similar and they play the same position.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:09 PM
people do realize that a lot of Marshawn Lynch's success comes because of Russell Wilson, right?

how are people not understanding this?

Rausch
01-19-2015, 01:09 PM
life long 'game managers' (and boy is that a generous word) don't go to superbowls...QBs that take their teams to superbowls, especially 2 in the first 3 years, are fundamentally different people

I don't know about "life long" but Brady, Ruthlessrapist, and Wilson were all game managers their first SB win.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 01:12 PM
He's not the reason they are where they are. Yes he's a good QB, but that team runs behind the defense and running game.

Running game sets up Wilson

Wilson added damn near 1,000 rushing yards himself.

HE is just as much a reason as Lynch that their run game is so strong.

Marshawn Lynch averages something like 4.2 YPC. That's basically league average.

Wilson makes great reads in the read option and the threat of him taking off for a big gain keeps linemen and backers from crashing down on the line, allowing for much larger lanes for Lynch to run through.

RealSNR
01-19-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't know the answer to this question, which is why I'm asking.

How often does Russell Wilson talk about his #1 goal being taking care of the football and eliminating bad plays?

Because that's Alex's mantra. He embraces it. He talks openly about it. He says stuff like, "The WRs with no TDs thing isn't a concern to me as long as we keep winning." His coaches talk about it. They praise him for it. That IS Alex Smith. And that's game manager talk.

Does Russell Wilson embrace that language in his press conferences? Does he talk about making plays? Yes, both Alex and Russell talk about precision and execution a lot, but that's a part of every QB's talk. I mean does Russell Wilson speak more about his job being leading doing what he needs to do when it needs to happne, or does he synthesize it down to "take care of the football... make sure every drive ends in a kick of some type"

Because Smith makes "game manager" an identity that he embraces. He's out of the closet about it, and he's proud of it. He champions it. What does Wilson do? If his attitude is completely different, then that's a striking clue that could point to the reason why Wilson REALLY "just wins" while Alex only gets to rest comfortably with his "almost happened" last year against Indy and the Saints game back when he was a 49er

RunKC
01-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Wilson added damn near 1,000 rushing yards himself.

HE is just as much a reason as Lynch that their run game is so strong.

Marshawn Lynch averages something like 4.2 YPC. That's basically league average.

Wilson makes great reads in the read option and the threat of him taking off for a big gain keeps linemen and backers from crashing down on the line, allowing for much larger lanes for Lynch to run through.

You don't think that OL or Lynch made the difference? Did you not see GB gang tackling Lynch? Did you not see Wilson have a lane so big a truck could drive through it when he did the read option fake to Lynch?

Did you not see max unger, james carpenter and Russell Okung up up a massive hole for Lynch on the TD run?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:15 PM
I like how people post stats and then try and conclude that is why Russell Wilson is a game manager

he does everything well

he also does a few things very elite

he's the very definition of an elite, franchise QB

yet he's Alex Smith on ChiefsPlanet

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Lynch is exceptionally tenacious and tough to take down but the overall production speaks for itself. On a team with a QB that rushed for almost 1,000 yards himself at 7 YPC, he only managed to 4.7 a pop.

Meanwhile, CP is pining for him while our RB has NEVER finished a full season with less than 5.0.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Russell runs the read option better than anyone ... he makes the right read 95% of the time time. That's a big deal.

Do you remember how many yards per carry Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett used to average for the Falcons when Vick was QB?

Are people really this naive?

Lynch is a good player. This board has vastly overrated him.

(I will admit, I was very impressed with him yesterday, though. More so than I have ever been)

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:18 PM
this website spends entire offseasons / seasons complaining that you can't win in the NFL without an elite QB

Russell goes to two straight Super Bowls.

He's not elite.

He's the 8th best player on his own team.

J
F
C

RunKC
01-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Lynch is exceptionally tenacious and tough to take down but the overall production speaks for itself. On a team with a QB that rushed for almost 1,000 yards himself at 7 YPC, he only managed to 4.7 a pop.

Meanwhile, CP is pining for him while our RB has NEVER finished a full season with less than 5.0.

I don't get why people say JC does everything for the QB we have (which is true) while people can't acknowledge that Lynch is basically the same thing for Wilson.

It's going to be very interesting when Lynch is gone next season.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:19 PM
GoChargers said that signing Wilson to a big contract extension will be franchise crippling and that the Seahawks should let him walk in the 3rd quarter of the game yesterday

these are real comments

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I don't get why people say JC does everything for the QB we have (which is true) while people can't acknowledge that Lynch is basically the same thing for Wilson.

Yeah. I bet the Seahawks primary RB's still rush for about 4.5 YPC.

Marshawn Lynch's WAR for the Hawks this year is probably somewhere between 0.3 and 0.8

Hootie
01-19-2015, 01:21 PM
It's just so funny to me ...

people HONESTLY think Marshawn Lynch is more valuable to the Seahawks offense than Russell Wilson.

These are true thoughts.

RunKC
this website spends entire offseasons / seasons complaining that you can't win in the NFL without an elite QB

He's not elite.

J
F
C

You think Russell Wilson is elite while a HOF QB that has a catastrophe of an OL and only one legit receiving weapon is in the SB again but he's overrated.

Does it get more retarded than that?

Rausch
Russell runs the read option better than anyone ... he makes the right read 95% of the time time. That's a big deal.

Do you remember how many yards per carry Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett used to average for the Falcons when Vick was QB?

Are people really this naive?

Lynch is a good player. This board has vastly overrated him.

(I will admit, I was very impressed with him yesterday, though. More so than I have ever been)

Wilson is stupid good.

Lynch is too busy playing 1970's football to give a fuck about your twitter or FB comments...

RealSNR
01-19-2015, 01:22 PM

The Seahawks will be competitive and tough to take down in the playoffs as they always are.

Robert Turbin is a downgrade from Lynch, but if that were such a concern, wouldn't the Seahawks be treating Lynch the way the Chiefs treated Charles with his contract extension?

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 01:22 PM
You don't think that OL or Lynch made the difference? Did you not see GB gang tackling Lynch? Did you not see Wilson have a lane so big a truck could drive through it when he did the read option fake to Lynch?

Did you not see max unger, james carpenter and Russell Okung up up a massive hole for Lynch on the TD run?

Do you not see every team gang tackling every RB? Do you not see every offensive line opening holes for their RBs?

That's why the read option is so dangerous. If the defense isn't exceptionally disciplined, you'll see huge rushing lanes open for the QB. When you have a QB that's as fast as Wilson, you HAVE to commit the DE or a LB to stopping him either by not crashing down on the line or through some type of scrape exchange.

Either way, you're effectively taking one or two guys away from making a play. Can you wrap your head around how that might positively affect Lynch's production?

Frosty
01-19-2015, 01:25 PM
IMO, people are holding on to the false hope that Wilson and Smith are similar. "If Wilson can do it, then Smith can do it if he has similar tools (O-line, defense)".

Um... no.

I watched every Chiefs game the last two seasons and every game but one (at Indy last season) of the Seahawks the last two seasons and, by the eye test - they are nothing alike. If Wilson has a fault, it is that he is sometimes too aggressive - holding on to the ball too long while waiting for something to open up down field while foregoing an underneath pass or dump off. Pretty much the opposite of "play it safe" Smith.

Their stats may looks similar on paper but their play is not at all the same irl.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 01:25 PM

He's not elite.

J
F
C

I think game managers are incredibly important to a team.

I hate that people label Alex Smith a game manager. He tries to be one. But he's a conservative QB. A good game manager can "manage" the game so he plays just good enough to keep the game within the reach in the 4th, and then closes the door in the 4th quarter. A good game manager can control the clock by playing in the huddle and consistently moving the chains. Especially on third downs.

Alex Smith did that well during the 7-3 stretch. He did that miserably during the 1-4 stretch.