PDA

View Full Version : Misc Kathleen Madigan @ The Midland Tonight

Dayze
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Anyone going to see Kathleen Madigan tonight?
My wife surprised me with tickets for it earlier in the week. Super stoked.

her comedy special 'Gone Madigan' is awesome. Highly recommend it on Netflix.

gblowfish
11-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm out of town tonight, but would love to see her. She's hilarious. I think her hometown is St. Louis, have to check that out....

gblowfish
11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, she is from St. Louis, and she was a good basketball player in high school!

Dayze
11-15-2013, 11:30 AM
really, basketball? That's surprising.
I'm hoping she's touring with a new routine; but even if it's the Gone Madigan one, which I've seen several time, it'll still be fun. I think tickets were like 25.

I think she is friends with Lewis Black? God, I would love to hang out with them and drink tequila lol

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2013, 01:12 PM
She lived at the Lake of the Ozarks as well. She is down here a lot.

Radar Chief
11-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Saw that special, saw her on a Ron White's Salute the Troops show too. She’s funny, I’m jealous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Speaking of female comics, I watched Iliza Schlesinger's special on Netflix last week. It wasn't excellent, but her performance of the material was very good, and she's not bad to stare at for an hour, either.

Stewie
11-15-2013, 03:13 PM
By far the best female stand-up comedian working today... and in my opinion the best ever. I'm jealous you have tickets.

Bowser
11-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Speaking of female comics, I watched Iliza Schlesinger's special on Netflix last week. It wasn't excellent, but her performance of the material was very good, and she's not bad to stare at for an hour, either.

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/iliza_shlesinger/iliza_shlesinger_iliza_shlesinger_cleavage_74w7RDq.sized.jpg

Cute smile. Nice rack.

Baby Lee
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
really, basketball? That's surprising.
I'm hoping she's touring with a new routine; but even if it's the Gone Madigan one, which I've seen several time, it'll still be fun. I think tickets were like 25.

I think she is fuck buddies with Lewis Black? God, I would love to hang out with them and drink tequila lol

FYP

Dayze
11-15-2013, 10:47 PM
My wife said the tickets were $35 each (I stand corrected); we had center upper balcony row 1; great seats IMO.

Opener was a guy named Rocky Laport (something like that); he was ok. He started out slow, but I honestly think it would be hard to come out to a crowd 'cold' etc. He warmed up quite a bit and definitely had some good stuff.

Kathleen's routine was stellar. There were only probably 1 or 2 slightly varied bits from previous ones, but 99% of people wouldn't know it. I want to say her routine was about 1 Hr and 15 minutes. Worth every penny. At one point my wife and I were in tears.

And, she opened talking about the Chiefs; saying how we get no respect and that we should just win it all to shut everyone up. :)

THere's something great about her delivery; I love that she at times seems to be laughing while trying to talk. You can DEFINITELY tell the difference between a seasoned pro like her and her opener (well, 'duh'); but it really is quite remarkable. His stuff was sort of 'start'/'stop', sort of bouncing from topic to topic.

Her routine was flawless, and seemed to be just like a hour long conversation with her. Seamless transitions etc.

Gaffigan is going to be there next Friday I believe; seriously thinking of going to that one too.

Dayze
11-15-2013, 10:47 PM
http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/iliza_shlesinger/iliza_shlesinger_iliza_shlesinger_cleavage_74w7RDq.sized.jpg

Cute smile. Nice rack.

her name and face seem very familiar. I'm sure I've seen her stuff, but it's been a long time. MIght have to check out her stuff.

bsp4444
11-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Just got home from her show. Funny as hell.

Baby Lee
11-15-2013, 11:39 PM
her name and face seem very familiar. I'm sure I've seen her stuff, but it's been a long time. MIght have to check out her stuff.

She won Last Comic Standing one of those years that it wasn't Dat Phan, if you watched that.

chiefzilla1501
11-15-2013, 11:42 PM
My wife said the tickets were $35 each (I stand corrected); we had center upper balcony row 1; great seats IMO.

Opener was a guy named Rocky Laport (something like that); he was ok. He started out slow, but I honestly think it would be hard to come out to a crowd 'cold' etc. He warmed up quite a bit and definitely had some good stuff.

Kathleen's routine was stellar. There were only probably 1 or 2 slightly varied bits from previous ones, but 99% of people wouldn't know it. I want to say her routine was about 1 Hr and 15 minutes. Worth every penny. At one point my wife and I were in tears.

And, she opened talking about the Chiefs; saying how we get no respect and that we should just win it all to shut everyone up. :)

THere's something great about her delivery; I love that she at times seems to be laughing while trying to talk. You can DEFINITELY tell the difference between a seasoned pro like her and her opener (well, 'duh'); but it really is quite remarkable. His stuff was sort of 'start'/'stop', sort of bouncing from topic to topic.

Her routine was flawless, and seemed to be just like a hour long conversation with her. Seamless transitions etc.

Gaffigan is going to be there next Friday I believe; seriously thinking of going to that one too.

Go. If Madigan had you in tears, Gaffigan will have you shitting your pants.

chiefzilla1501
11-15-2013, 11:44 PM
She won Last Comic Standing one of those years that it wasn't Dat Phan, if you watched that.

What's amazing is Kathleen Madigan got smoked vs. a bunch of amateurs. The general public has embarrassingly bad taste. In everything.