PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stopping the run will be key to this game

Red Dawg
11-15-2013, 04:47 PM
It is every game but a gimpy Manning that has been beat up lately leads to them running more to control our pass rush. We got gashed in Buffalo so it makes sense. Stuff them and it will play into our hands.

Bowser
11-15-2013, 04:49 PM
It is every game but a gimpy Manning that has been beat up lately leads to them running more to control our pass rush. We got gashed in Buffalo so it makes sense. Stuff them and it will play into our hands.

That to go with stopping the screen passes and quick outs. Manning throws the ball ~ 2 seconds. Shut down Moreno's silly ass, play man, and anticipate those short throws.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-15-2013, 04:51 PM
How mobile was that Bills QB?

Bowser
11-15-2013, 04:53 PM
How mobile was that Bills QB?

I'm guessing more so than Peyton will be.

FlaChief58
11-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Yep, and we'll have to punch their recievers in the mouth at the line to throw jughead's rhythm off too so Hali, Poe & Houston have a little more time to kill

trndobrd
11-15-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10180470&postcount=152

Ace Gunner
11-15-2013, 05:07 PM
*with DJ on the field, no team should ever be able to establish a run game

*this one will be won in the first 30 minutes of regulation -- or at least the Mannings will try to put this game away early and follow up with the run game

*Flowers on Welker is going to be awesome to watch

*Chiefs need to start playing for the playoffs whenever they play division rivals -- needs to start with this game, on to the Boltz game & then on to the Manning fest at Arrowhead

*Poe needs to step up in this one so the OLB's can get active, but he's got a good challenge ahead against the Denver interior line

T-post Tom
11-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Pound Manning at every opportunity. No worries, Marty will pay the fines.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2013, 05:24 PM
If you mean stopping the run while in our dime package, i agree.

gotta keep guys back to defend the pass and if we have to commit more guys to stop the run we will be in trouble.

Red Dawg
11-15-2013, 05:47 PM
I tell ya we are getting zero respect for our defense. Manning is rated one this week and all their wr's are projected to get a td. I hope kc focuses on D. Thomas. Him being taken away be be huge but stopping the run is still my main concern to win. They will run more than they have this season this week for sure. The players have a ton of motivation from the media to come out like a bunch pissed of muth fuggers. Nobody thinks we can win.

Easy 6
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
I honestly don't see us having any trouble at all bottling up their run game, the reason being that i reeeally doubt Sutton does much crazy blitzing... nope, for the most part he'll rush five against five and leave plenty of help in the backfield.

Our five against their five? I love our chances... OH YEAH!

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
This is really a huge game for both teams. We win ,we are in command of the #1 spot , Denver wins they are in control. All the media has a huge question mark on the Chiefs. We win ,that goes away and we are a REAL team , not a lucky leftover 2-14 team. I think this is the most excited I've been to get a victory in YEARS !!!!! To beat Forehead and The DONKEYS in this way is just going to be amazing.

MagicHef
11-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I honestly don't see us having any trouble at all bottling up their run game, the reason being that i reeeally doubt Sutton does much crazy blitzing... nope, for the most part he'll rush five against five and leave plenty of help in the backfield.

Our five against their five? I love our chances... OH YEAH!

Rushing 5 is blitzing. That leaves 6 defenders to cover 5 possible receivers. I don't think Sutton will want to do that very much.

FlaChief58
11-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Rushing 5 is blitzing. That leaves 6 defenders to cover 5 possible receivers. I don't think Sutton will want to do that very much.

And he won't. With the donkeys porous o-line, Sutton will bring 4 (which will be more than enough to get to Jughead) leaving 7 to neutralize the recievers

BlackHelicopters
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM
We should definitely try to score more points than Denver.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Moreno is still fucking awful. Teams have conceded the run all year. Basically don't give a fuck if they hand off. Embarrasing if we don't squash his ass...he's no Spiller or McCoy

MagicHef
11-15-2013, 07:09 PM
And he won't. With the donkeys porous o-line, Sutton will bring 4 (which will be more than enough to get to Jughead) leaving 7 to neutralize the recievers

Which porous o-line? The one that has allowed the fewest pressures in the league?

FlaChief58
11-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Which porous o-line? The one that has allowed the fewest pressures in the league?

The one who is letting teams t off on jughead the past 3 games

MagicHef
11-15-2013, 07:19 PM
The one who is letting teams t off on jughead the past 3 games

Uh huh. 8 sacks in the last 3 games isn't good, but it sure is better than the 10 KC has allowed.

Similar to how the 13 sacks over the whole season is preferable to the 26 KC has allowed.

Isn't that interesting. Even with KC leading the league in sacks, Denver has a better sack differential.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Uh huh. 8 sacks in the last 3 games isn't good, but it sure is better than the 10 KC has allowed.

Similar to how the 13 sacks over the whole season is preferable to the 26 KC has allowed.

Isn't that interesting. Even with KC leading the league in sacks, Denver has a better sack differential.

Soooo Faaarrr !!!!

FlaChief58
11-15-2013, 07:30 PM

The difference is that we don't have an 80yo brokedick qb who is 1 good hit away from the glue factory

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Just do a lot of stopping and stuffing.

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Umm....nope...I think the D will be a somewhat major part, but I also think the QB might step his game up?

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=PHOG;10190731]Umm....nope...I think the D will be a somewhat major part, but I also think the QB might step his game up

Simply Red
11-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Stop posting will be the key to your balls.

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:05 PM
The difference is that we don't have an 80yo brokedick qb who is 1 good hit away from the glue factory

Amen

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Simply Red;10190733]Stop posting will be the key to your balls.[

If that was directed towards me, KMA...look when u started

morphius
11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Moreno is still fucking awful. Teams have conceded the run all year. Basically don't give a fuck if they hand off. Embarrasing if we don't squash his ass...he's no Spiller or McCoy
Everytime I see them play I see him running through tackles, so we have to make sure to wrap him up. Something we were terrible at against the Bills.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Stop posting will be the key to your balls.

hahahaha

Red Dawg
11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Everytime I see them play I see him running through tackles, so we have to make sure to wrap him up. Something we were terrible at against the Bills.

Seriously stopping the run will be huge. It sounds stupid but we want Manning in the pocket dealing with our pass rush. Moreno could kill us. He's beat up and they will try and run more than pass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Seriously stopping the run will be huge. It sounds stupid but we want Manning in the pocket dealing with our pass rush. Moreno could kill us. He's beat up and they will try and run more than pass.

His game against SD was pure fucking anomaly. We are going to stuff that puke over and over until his helmet flies out his ass!

Psyko Tek
11-15-2013, 08:24 PM
need a big game from Poe, if there is no pocket, and the 5 head can't step up, we should all throw in for his retirement party
Jebus i hope the fucker does not go into broadcasting

CrazyPhuD
11-15-2013, 08:25 PM
They already have KnoMo running game. Getting pressure from the front 4 will be key to the game. Someone needs to hang a rack of BBQed ribs around Peytons neck and Poe will have a career game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2013, 08:26 PM
They already have KnoMo running game. Getting pressure from the front 4 will be key to the game. Someone needs to hang a rack of BBQed ribs around Peytons neck and Poe will have a career game.

How many times can we get penalized for Reid running on to the field?

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:27 PM
need a big game from Poe, if there is no pocket, and the 5 head can't step up, we should all throw in for his retirement party
Jebus i hope the ****er does not go into broadcasting

No, he'll probably own a team.

PHOG
11-15-2013, 08:28 PM
LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
11-15-2013, 08:37 PM

That would be sad. He's fucking awful.

ThaVirus
11-15-2013, 10:29 PM

The real difference is Manning vs Smith. Manning excels at getting the ball out before the rush even has a chance to breathe down his back while Smith stares down the pass rush and double clutches until he takes a sack.

MileHighFish
11-15-2013, 11:43 PM
That would be sad. He's ****ing awful.

While Moreno is not AP, I would hardly classify him as "awful" this season. Just look at the stats. He gets the job done at a above average level.

chiefzilla1501
11-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Manning has been checking into more runs than usual. I'm sure he will do it a lot given his offensive line and pass rush. The Chiefs better figure out how to stop Knowshon. They can't play like they did against Buffalo.

RealSNR
11-15-2013, 11:49 PM
He's really Joseph Addaiing it up

Eleazar
11-15-2013, 11:53 PM
At this point in Manning's career I think everyone knows his game, and what teams do to limit him. You have to be able to generate a pass rush without bringing extra rushers. Even if you do, he might be feeling it today and still win. You have to be able to confuse or just beat the protection consistently.

He loses a few games a year. It's not like no one ever beats him. We stand as good a chance as anyone does with our defense.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
While Moreno is not AP, I would hardly classify him as "awful" this season. Just look at the stats. He gets the job done at a above average level.

ROFL Teams really load up to stop the donc ground game

RunKC
11-16-2013, 12:07 AM

The one that gave up a ton of pressure to Larry Fucking English and the Chargers awful D.

Manning getting the ball out quickly significantly skews that OL stat and you know it.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 09:04 AM
The one that gave up a ton of pressure to Larry Fucking English and the Chargers awful D.

Manning getting the ball out quickly significantly skews that OL stat and you know it.

He's pretty dumb, so probably not.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 04:43 PM
In the weather that's forecasted, with Mannings arm weakening by the week and our pass rush, they are going to try to put the D in dink... tons of short drops to get the ball out of his hands.

Which is why i want us to press the CRAP outta those recievers at the line, jam'em up to screw up the timing of those short throws and hope our 4-5 man rush gets pressure... they may limit our sacks on forehead that way, but it should leave plenty of opportunities to capitalize on hurried throws.

Which means we may be light on sacks, but rich with chances for picks.

TEX
11-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Stop the run and limit the YAC yards and hope some illegal picks/offensive PI get called. The OP is correct in that stopping the run will be very important.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm worried that early third-degree burns to Sean Smith will force us to play the safeties deeper and the Broncos will start piling up rushing yards....which will lead to disaster when Alex goes 3 and out the entire 1st quarter.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm worried that early third-degree burns to Sean Smith will force us to play the safeties deeper and the Broncos will start piling up rushing yards....which will lead to disaster when Alex goes 3 and out the entire 1st quarter.

They might knock off a few big passes to Demaryius because Smith is a step slower, but if he can jam that guy up more often than not, i like our chances there.

Smith is big enough to contest pretty much anything thrown his way against Thomas, its not a true mismatch by any measure.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:27 PM
They might knock off a few big passes to Demaryius because Smith is a step slower, but if he can jam that guy up more often than not, i like our chances there.

Smith is big enough to contest pretty much anything thrown his way against Thomas, its not a true mismatch by any measure.

Disagree completely.

DT is going off for 150 yards and 2 TD in this game.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 05:30 PM
I'd have Cooper on DT

O.city
11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Thomas struggles with the press. Put our best press corner on him.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Thomas struggles with the press. Put our best press corner on him.

The guy has 800 yards and 9 TD this year.

He really has weaknesses in his game. LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:33 PM
This is it, though, boys.

This is the game.

If Sean Smith has a good game tomorrow you can finally say I was wrong about his lanky ass.

Bring it on.

O.city
11-16-2013, 05:33 PM
The guy has 800 yards and 9 TD this year.

He really has weaknesses in his game. LMAO

It's Saturday, shouldn't you be "studying" football today?

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Disagree completely.

DT is going off for 150 yards and 2 TD in this game.

I cant think of a CB outside of Sherman who matches up so well with Thomas... Smith isn't going to be outmuscled or outlengthed all over the field by this guy.

I suppose he could have a big game, but it will be by scheme, not because its a huge mismatch... are you still going with 48-14 donkos?

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:35 PM
It's Saturday, shouldn't you be "studying" football today?

Been watching football and trolling you all day.

I multitask well.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I cant think of a CB outside of Sherman who matches up so well with Thomas... Smith isn't going to be outmuscled or outlengthed all over the field by this guy.
?

Sean Smith traditionally struggles against elite QB/WR tandems. He doesn't have the speed or quickness to stay with DT.

I have no doubt in my mind tomorrow he's going to be a subject of great debate around here.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Marcus Cooper y'all

O.city
11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Been watching football and trolling you all day.

I multitask well.

Yeah, you've trolled me well.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Marcus Cooper y'all

OH YEAH!

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Sean Smith traditionally struggles against elite QB/WR tandems. He doesn't have the speed or quickness to stay with DT.

I have no doubt in my mind tomorrow he's going to be a subject of great debate around here.

I think you over estimate his speed. Thomas is not a burner. Bowe is just as fast.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
I think you over estimate his speed. Thomas is not a burner. Bowe is just as fast.

He ran a 4.38.

Sean Smith is a 4.5 guy.

This is not a good matchup for us.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 06:08 PM
He ran a 4.38.

Sean Smith is a 4.5 guy.

But with his size, if he can jam him up at the line more often than not, he's the perfect guy to body up on him, particularly against the short throws that will make up the bulk of fiveheads game in bad weather.

I really never foresaw the day you'd be so negative about every single thing, good grief.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 06:09 PM
But with his size, if he can jam him up at the line more often than not, he's the perfect guy to body up on him, particularly against the short throws that will make up the bulk of fiveheads game tommorow.

I really never foresaw the day you'd be so negative about every single thing, good grief.

Sean Smith is not a physical corner.

As for negatives, I have been negative about two things this year: Alex and Sean.

The Smiths are going to hold this team back. You watch.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 06:10 PM
He ran a 4.38.

Sean Smith is a 4.5 guy.

Really. I don't care what is listed on some web site. You think he is as fast as Deshaun Jackson. Ok whatever. Your stupid.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Really. I don't care what is listed on some web site. You think he is as fast as Deshaun Jackson. Ok whatever. Your stupid.

I think he's faster than Sean Smith, who is not fast at all.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 06:21 PM
[http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/139081-smiths-pro-day-performance-cements-first-day-bid"]http:// http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/139081-smiths-pro-day-performance-cements-first-day-bid[/URL]I think he's faster than Sean Smith, who is not fast at all.

Smith also ran a 4.3 once like Thomas so I guess he will have no problem keeping up.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Check your link, Tuck...

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 06:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/139081-smiths-pro-day-performance-cements-first-day-bidCheck your link, Tuck...

bleacherreport.com/articles/139081-smiths-pro-day-performance-cements-first-day-bid

I did and my bad. It was a 4.43. Just as fast. Thanks Pam and goodbye now with your bullshit.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 06:35 PM
You guys seriously act like you don't even watch the Broncos play. LMAO

There is no way Sean Smith is handing DT tomorrow.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Dude is overrated thanks to Jughead

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Plus he gets like a billion yards off of those illegal picks

Eleazar
11-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Manning is rated 121 on the season and they are leading the league in yards per game. It's not just Smith they have been giving problems.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Manning is rated 121 on the season and they are leading the league in yards per game. It's not just Smith they have been giving problems.

I'd just as soon give Smith safety help and let Cooper and Flowers take their chances.

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm cool with some safety help for Smith, it makes sense against their biggest deep threat... but if Smiths performance thus far on the year isn't enough to earn him some respect from you Clay... then you're simply being a contrarian for the sake of it.

Oh, and saying he isn't physical :LOL:

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 07:05 PM
You guys seriously act like you don't even watch the Broncos play. LMAO

There is no way Sean Smith is handing DT tomorrow.

All of us should worry about all their wr's because they are all good. Thomas is not some uncoverable bad ass. Smith will have his hands full but Thomas will not just leave him in the dust was my point. You said he would. Thomas is not in the Johnson or Megatron class by any means. He is like Bowe but with a better QB.

keg in kc
11-16-2013, 07:11 PM
The keys to this game are simple:

1) The defense can't have an 'off' quarter or half. They have to play their A game for four quarters or we'll get blown out. This isn't the titans or the browns or the bills, a bad 15 or 20 minutes and we're down by two or three scores. Almost certainly game over if that happens. That doesn't mean they can't give up any points - they aren't shutting Denver down or out - but they can't give up bunches of points. Don't let the inevitable broken play long TD (that we give up every week) turn into a momentum shifter. Keep them in the 20s for the game and we have a chance, which takes me to key #2:

2) The offense has to play their best game of the season. They need to set the tone right from the start. Efficiency and points. Move the chains. Score. Preferably TDs. They need to actively contribute to winning time of possession. They can't have 3 or 4 or 5 play "drives" early in the game and then punt the ball right back to Denver. And they have to answer scores with scores. But our kind of scores: long drives that eat clock and end in TDs.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 07:12 PM
All of us should worry about all their wr's because they are all good. Thomas is not some uncoverable bad ass. Smith will have his hands full but Thomas will not just leave him in the dust was my point. You said he would. Thomas is not in the Johnson or Megatron class by any means. He is like Bowe but with a better QB.

He's way better than Bowe. He's easily a top 5 receiver and with Manning that makes him deadly.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm cool with some safety help for Smith, it makes sense against their biggest deep threat... but if Smiths performance thus far on the year isn't enough to earn him some respect from you Clay... then you're simply being a contrarian for the sake of it.

Oh, and saying he isn't physical :LOL:

I think he is fool's gold. He had a stretch of good games to start 2012, too.

Now that we are going to face some real QBs, we will see the real Sean Smith rear his ugly head.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 07:30 PM
He's way better than Bowe. He's easily a top 5 receiver and with Manning that makes him deadly.

Way better? No way. Thomas was nothing before Manning. He was just a guy with potential. Bowe had who at QB and who as a coaching staff? I will give you some of your Alex hate and I agree with some of it but your Thomas love is just crazy. After Manning he will be back to being nobody again like Decker will be. Both are overrated.

Bowe has more ability just not in the type of offense or QB go bring it out. Our offense does not focus around one guy in the passing game.

farmerchief
11-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Cooper matches up better against Thomas, let Smith take the white boy on the other side. Flowers has Welker, and Berry will have his hands full with the TE Thomas

O.city
11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
We need to get pressure and stop the run with the fewest guys possible. Otherwise, we're in trouble.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 07:46 PM

I am to lazy to post the link but even Decker was better than Thomas before Manning arrived. Bowe smoked both of them in his first years. Like I said. They are both just a couple of Joe Bag of Donuts without Peyton. Thomas top five? A top five produces even with a mediocre QB. Thomas does not.

O.city
11-16-2013, 07:49 PM
If you guys get tired of being drug around by Clay, The Fellowship and Two Towers are on TNT tonight.

So there is that.

MMXcalibur
11-16-2013, 07:52 PM
We keep repeating what the Chiefs need to do and it all makes perfect sense to stopping or at least disrupting Manning and the Broncos offense.

....which will make it 500000 times more frustrating when the Chiefs sit back in a soft zone for no goddamn reason and allow Denver to march down the field again and again. Sorry, the last 20 years of Chief fandom has wired me to be pessimistic in big games.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 07:54 PM
If you guys get tired of being drug around by Clay, The Fellowship and Two Towers are on TNT tonight.

So there is that.

Sunday: Return of the King

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Manning Smeagal gif for much props

Brock
11-16-2013, 07:55 PM
We keep repeating what the Chiefs need to do and it all makes perfect sense to stopping or at least disrupting Manning and the Broncos offense.

....which will make it 500000 times more frustrating when the Chiefs sit back in a soft zone for no goddamn reason and allow Denver to march down the field again and again. Sorry, the last 20 years of Chief fandom has wired me to be pessimistic in big games.

Andy Reid has had 2 weeks to think about nothing but this game. The odds don't get better than that.

O.city
11-16-2013, 07:58 PM

I may stay up late and watch that after TT tonight. Wife and baby are out of town this weekend, nothing to do tomorrow.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 07:58 PM
look folks, DT is 6'3 fast as hell, very strong too -- you put Cooper on that and then there is Eric Decker, who is also 6'3 but not a brawler -- you put Smith on him and Flowers on Welker.

then you have 2 zone safeties roaming.

Up in the flat and hunting the run is DJ.

5 man front needs to go wide nine and Poe needs to find A gaps to get upfield.

They run, you get those safeties in the box. They pass, you roll them to the read.

But that 5 man front needs to get manning off his game or you are toast. you can blitz now and then, but you better get to him with your 5 man front.

RealSNR
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
look folks, DT is 6'3 fast as hell, very strong too -- you put Cooper on that and then there is Eric Decker, who is also 6'3 but not a brawler -- you put Smith on him and Flowers on Welker.

then you have 2 zone safeties roaming.

Up in the flat and hunting the run is DJ.

5 man front needs to go wide nine and Poe needs to find A gaps to get upfield.

They run, you get those safeties in the box. They pass, you roll them to the read.

But that 5 man front needs to get manning off his game or you are toast. you can blitz now and then, but you better get to him with your 5 man front.

Doesn't hurt that Chris Clark and Orlando Franklin suck big wrinkly dicky

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 08:09 PM

I appreciate you giving up your Thomas is better than everyone crap. It sucks to be wrong. But you will get use to it.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Thomas is a really good wr. I don't know about top 5, but he's an emerging great wr in the NFL.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Doesn't hurt that Chris Clark and Orlando Franklin suck big wrinkly dicky

that is the match up we want. get Bailey up on Clark and run twists with Hali/Houston. let's see how much suck that can generate.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:12 PM
IIRC, a large percent of our pressures and sacks have come from non blitz plays. Which will be needed tomorrow.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I appreciate you giving up your Thomas is better than everyone crap. It sucks to be wrong. But you will get use to it.

He's definitely a top 5 WR.

I see him going OFF tomorrow. Sean Smith has been very lucky this year. He's been beaten several times only to see QBs throw bad passes.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 08:22 PM
IIRC, a large percent of our pressures and sacks have come from non blitz plays. Which will be needed tomorrow.

yes. they get going when Poe gets going. pressure up the middle is a killer of offense.

that is why this offense is so lifeless is because there is almost always pressure up the middle. when they need a big play like the long ball strike, they roll Smiff out, away from the middle.

Hudson has got to be the worst center in the NFL. The dude can't move and he sure as fuck cant block. has no hand tech, isn't mean enough to get under guys. he's the worst starter on this team, behind swinging-gate Allen.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Thomas has struggled at times against physical corners. He's not a top 5 wr yet. I think he's talented enough to be there though, eventually.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:28 PM
He's definitely a top 5 WR.

I see him going OFF tomorrow. Sean Smith has been very lucky this year. He's been beaten several times only to see QBs throw bad passes.

No he is not. Product of a HOF passer and BS pick plays.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Look at the All 22s for KC. Bowe would rape with Jughead.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 08:31 PM
DT is still working to become a elite player. I would say he's top 10 now, but I think he is still emerging. let's hope he doesn't have a huge game tomorrow.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Look at the All 22s for KC. Bowe would rape with Jughead.

DT is just a little bit bigger and a little bit faster.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
No he is not. Product of a HOF passer and BS pick plays.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1230/20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Stop calling him that dummies

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Moeaki did that once

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, lets cut the DT shit out.

Hammock Parties
Stop calling him that dummies

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013-09-29-18_23_35.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1230/20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif

1 catch now he's great?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Post Bowes catch against Indy

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-16-2013, 08:36 PM
http://nbcsports700level.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/avant-catch.gif

According to Clay Avant is a HOF WR.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Do some of you guys watch Denver much?

Thomas is a really good WR.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:40 PM
As much as we want to talk about our defense tomorrow, our OL and Qb are going to have to play really well.

Pasta Little Brioni

Yup. Thanks Jughead!!

ShowtimeSBMVP

He's a good WR no doubt.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Yup. Thanks Jughead!!

The guy had 200 yards wr and a couple TD's against the Steelers with Tebow tossing it to him.

He's a good wr and tomorrow will be a real test for our CBs.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Alex can't miss those open TDs. Should have buried Cleveland and their D is FAR superior.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:42 PM
The guy had 200 yards wr and a couple TD's against the Steelers with Tebow tossing it to him.

He's a good wr and tomorrow will be a real test for our CBs.

Blown coverages and illegal picks oh my!!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Bowe had 15 TDs with Cassel. What would he do with Jughead?

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
1 catch now he's great?

He's averaging 89 yards and 0.76 TD per game for his last 25 games.

He's special, and this is only his 4th season.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:45 PM
He's a good WR no doubt.

I don't think he's top 5, but he could get there.

Guys like Bowe, Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, just don't have the physical abilities to get to be up with the Dez, Megatron, Julio Jones type guys though.

Thats why I wish we would have flipped our first rounder for Josh Gordon. He has that ability.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 08:46 PM

I saw Tony Moeki make a catch like that once. I guess he is a top 5 TE as well. If you love the Donkeys so much then go to the mane and jizz all over Thomas with them.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Although, I (along wiht probably everyone here) think Bowe should have better numbers this year than he does.

Whether thats on him, the QB or whoever, is debatable.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I realize it's hard sometimes, but you guys realize everything GoChiefs does here is trolling? Just move past it, don't derail discussions.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I saw Tony Moeki make a catch like that once. I guess he is a top 5 TE as well. If you love the Donkeys so much then go to the mane and jizz all over Thomas with them.

If the chiefs get beat tomorrow night. How long till Clay makes a post I told you so? Chiefs suck going no where with Smith.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I realize it's hard sometimes, but you guys realize everything GoChiefs does here is trolling? Just move past it, don't derail discussions.

It's really not.

I don't believe in this team.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
If the chiefs get beat tomorrow night. How long till Clay makes a post I told you so? Chiefs suck going no where with Smith.

I'd venture to say that guns been loaded since about week 3

ShowtimeSBMVP

It's nice to feed the troll sometimes.

Hammock Parties

We're going to get beat, but I'm not going to do that.

I'll do that after Denver breaks the broom handle over our ass at Arrowhead.

SAUTO
It's really not.

We understand. You can shut the fuck up about it now
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-16-2013, 08:50 PM
We're going to get beat, but I'm not going to do that.

I'll do that after Denver breaks the broom handle over our ass at Arrowhead.

And if the Chiefs win tomorrow you will be sucking them off.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Although, I (along wiht probably everyone here) think Bowe should have better numbers this year than he does.

Whether thats on him, the QB or whoever, is debatable.

What's the best numbers a WR ever put up with Smith as QB?

Hammock Parties
And if the Chiefs win tomorrow you will be sucking them off.

It would be most impressive.

O.city
It's really not.

Of course you don't. We've had to read about it for the past 6 months. But by all means, keep it up. Your infinite football knowledge really fuels the site.

Either way, carry on.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 08:52 PM
He's a good WR no doubt.

No one said he wasn't good. Pam the ass face said he is so great that Smith will just get killed all night. He is a Manning product like Decker Before Manning they were nothing. After Manning they will be nothing.

Bowser
11-16-2013, 08:52 PM

I know he's not a WR, but Vernon Davis had some monster games with Alex as QB.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Does it matter? How is this relevant to the game.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Of course you don't. We've had to read about it for the past 6 months. But by all means, keep it up. Your infinite football knowledge really fuels the site.

I'm sensing some hostility from you.

O.city
11-16-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm sensing some hostility from you.

Gandalf just fell, it's a really tough time for me right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-16-2013, 08:58 PM

You fail at reading my posting style

SAUTO
11-16-2013, 09:09 PM
You fail at reading my posting style

Looks like letters forming words forming sentences
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
11-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Clay is trying to slant the conversation a bit in his favor by saying his entire opinion of Smith will be entirely vindicated by him struggling against "elite QB/WR combos," because Smith "always" does.

No ****ing shit. He's a #2 CB. Find me one #2 CB in the goddamn league that doesn't, troll.

Smith is what I said he was the day we brought him in: incredible measurables, and inconsistent play -- he will play like a #1 CB when he shows up, and a pretty bad CB when he doesn't. He has #1 CB ability, however, when he's on.

He's been on almost all season, but let up as the bye week drew near and we faced a cavalcade of shit QBs. That's natural in general, but Smith can take it to extremes. I watched him a lot in Miami.

If you asked me, Smith is clearly going to show up tomorrow. But I'd expect a letdown from him, along with the rest of our team, next week against the Chargers, as tomorrow's game is bound to be very emotional, with another Manning game right around the corner.

If you get Smith to show up, he's #1 CB material.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:16 PM
If you get Smith to show up, he's #1 CB material.

So he took two seasons off, or what?

The guy was a liability in Miami the last two seasons.

Bowser
11-16-2013, 09:18 PM

Maybe having Al Harris as a coach is what he needed, because I'd say he's been anything but a liability thus far with the Chiefs.

Direckshun
11-16-2013, 09:21 PM

He was off far more than he was on in Miami recently, but I think that has a lot to do with coaching...

He was a weapon when he was on, as we saw in the first five or so games of this year.

But then we faced some combination of Keenum, Campbell, Tuel and other douchenozzles, and he let down. Got burnt like a torch, too, against the only elite WR he was asked to cover in that stretch in that kid from the Browns.

Despite what you say, when you watch the guy play, he's just got incredible tools. He's quick twitch, flips his hips great, reads the QB well and contests any pass he's in the vicinity for. I was in love with him coming out of Utah, where he played safety -- he definitely projected to CB in the NFL, just like I thought Eric Berry did. His biggest problem, even when he's on, is his recovery speed when he's beat. His motor just isn't on a level with Flowers'; when he's beat, he's beat like a drum.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:24 PM
It's cool that you like him.

Direckshun
11-16-2013, 09:24 PM
It's cool that you like him.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2013, 09:25 PM

You've been a liability for more than a decade

O.city
11-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Systems and coaching shouldn't matter. Good players play good.

Baby Lee
11-16-2013, 09:29 PM

Take a breath Skeeter, that's just your shadow.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Do you think I give a shit about one play, much less one from COLLEGE?

Sean Smith has TERRIBLE hands, even for a CB. He has dropped a TON of interceptions.

He was the worst CB in football in 2011.

He doesn't fit ANY defense.

I love everything the Chiefs have done this offseason.

Except Sean Smith and Alex Smith.

Those two things suck hardcore.

The post claimed Sean Smith had good hands.

He doesn't.

He also sucks at other aspects of his job.

Yes, it's true I used PFF and Dolphins fans as research into Sean Smith's abilities.

I'm sure you watched every ****ing snap he played last year to form your opinion, eh there, sport?

**** off.

I really don't give a shit, dude.

The bottom line: Sean Smith will probably blow most of his chances to grab an INT this year.

Clay on Sean Smith

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:32 PM
I still don't think he has good hands, and I still think he's going to wind up being a liability.

The run of complete shit QBs we faced really let him off the hook.

O.city
11-16-2013, 09:39 PM
If he had good hands, he wouldn't be playing CB.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:43 PM
And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 09:46 PM
http://tireball.com/nfl/files/2013/11/seansmith99yardint.gif

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:49 PM
kinda like playing the career day defense, only in reverse

O.city
11-16-2013, 09:49 PM
It all makes sense now, if you notice what number Smith wears. 27.

Probably some butthurt there.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Please, I'm not 12.

TribalElder
11-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I think the key to the game is scoring more points than the broncos do

For what it is worth

Which we will tomorrow

Chiefs!

O.city
11-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Please, I'm not 12.

Coulda fooled me.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Coulda fooled me.

I try to remain rational and calm in most of my posts.

Not to be confused with Dane.

Saccopoo
11-16-2013, 10:03 PM
yes. they get going when Poe gets going. pressure up the middle is a killer of offense.

that is why this offense is so lifeless is because there is almost always pressure up the middle. when they need a big play like the long ball strike, they roll Smiff out, away from the middle.

Hudson has got to be the worst center in the NFL. The dude can't move and he sure as **** cant block. has no hand tech, isn't mean enough to get under guys. he's the worst starter on this team, behind swinging-gate Allen.

You are completely wrong.

Saccopoo
11-16-2013, 10:06 PM
If he had good hands, he wouldn't be playing CB.

Actually, he played WR for Utah for two years prior to switching over to CB when they had a shortage of defensive backs. Really took to it and the position stuck.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 10:08 PM

we shall see. I say he won't be touching the ball for any NFL team after this season. the dude is horrible stupid and he's undersized to boot.

O.city
11-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Horrible stupid?

What is this based off of?

RunKC
11-16-2013, 10:14 PM

He's right about Rodney Hudson. He's terrible.

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Horrible stupid?

What is this based off of?

well, I don't know. maybe his penchant for wanting to sit in the QB's lap every damn play.

O.city
well, I don't know. maybe his penchant for wanting to sit in the QB's lap every damn play.

So that makes him stupid?

Ok.

Coach
Tackling will also be very important as well, especially with the barely legal picks....

Ace Gunner
11-16-2013, 10:20 PM
So that makes him stupid?

Ok.

in this context -- yes

Easy 6
11-16-2013, 10:30 PM

That's a sweet play, but still... you're now reduced to gifing up the ****ing donkos on game night?

Hammock Parties
11-16-2013, 10:36 PM
To say that DT only gets yards on gimmick plays is so wrong is just awful.

Have respect for our opponents. We haven't been able to do that in awhile now.

O.city
11-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Its a division rival. Fuck respect.

Get fucked.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I still don't think he has good hands, and I still think he's going to wind up being a liability.

The run of complete shit QBs we faced really let him off the hook.

Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper's ability to play press man coverage completely changes everything they can do on offense, and it might completely disrupt Peyton's ability to get the ball out as quickly as he's used to.

The Chiefs have a terrific corner in Flowers, and they obviously feel comfortable enough with Smith to keep him as one of the top 2 guys.

The liability is in the shitty safety who NEVER gives over the top help.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I hope we wear home unis again on the road tomorrow.

Red Dawg
11-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper's ability to play press man coverage completely changes everything they can do on offense, and it might completely disrupt Peyton's ability to get the ball out as quickly as he's used to.

The Chiefs have a terrific corner in Flowers, and they obviously feel comfortable enough with Smith to keep him as one of the top 2 guys.

The liability is in the shitty safety who NEVER gives over the top help.

This is true. Lewis is barely a decent starter. Kind of like how Pam Oliver's ass crack forehead is barely a KC fan.

salame
11-17-2013, 12:21 AM
hay,
stopping the run is the key top winning literally EVERY GAME

go chuefs

BWillie
11-17-2013, 01:40 AM

Stopping Denvers running attack is like the last thing the Chiefa should be worried about. This isnt 1984. They clearly need to stop Peyton Manning and his pleathora of weapons. I dont think Eric Berry and Justin Houston are sitting awake right now like...shit man how are we gonna stop Monte Ball and Knowshon Moreno. What will we do?

BWillie
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
hay,
stopping the run is the key top winning literally EVERY GAME

go chuefs

Eye lold

Goot one.

And your god damned himan sized cat avatar is freaking me the *** out.

Red Dawg
11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
To say that DT only gets yards on gimmick plays is so wrong is just awful.

Have respect for our opponents. We haven't been able to do that in awhile now.

You are such a Donkey loving bitch it's pathedic. They have zero respect for us at all just like you but we should suck their ass and praise them for being good? Everyone on this board knows Denver is good and this game will be a real test but respect? Fuck off. They are not perfect either.