PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 9-1 and still in first place.

MMXcalibur
11-17-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll take that all day.
Be happy you don't live in Donk country this week. Pray for me.

unlurking
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Second place. Denver wins head-to-head tiebreaker.

niblet
11-18-2013, 12:03 AM
9-1 and still the 5 seed. I'll take that all day.

Prison Bitch
11-18-2013, 12:05 AM
We are in 2nd place.

jd1020
11-18-2013, 12:06 AM
:doh!:

TEX
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
I'll take that all day.
Be happy you don't live in Donk country this week. Pray for me.

Well you'll get the upper hand in a couple of weeks! :thumb:

TEX
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
9-1 and still the 5 seed. I'll take that all day.

Exactly. I'll take it any day after coming off 2-14.

TEX
11-18-2013, 12:08 AM
For now...

MMXcalibur
11-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Yes, technically it's SECOND, but we have one more game vs Denver. I'll count tiebreakers after that game.

unlurking
11-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, technically it's SECOND, but we have one more game vs Denver. I'll count tiebreakers after that game.
:D

Fine, but you'll take "second" all day today!

Iconic
11-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Not for long.

ClevelandBronco
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM

Thread manager.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM
We are in 2nd place.

This is when I complain how full of loopholes and asinine the NFL playoff ranking system is.

It rewards average teams in bad divisions, and hinders good teams in strong ones.

mikey23545
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't know why everyone is so confident of beating Dungver in KC, after an ass whipping like we just took tonight.

It's funny how for me at least this whole season took a pivot after this game...To me, suddenly it feels just like last year, and I'm not sure that we can win more than one or two more games this year...

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't know why everyone is so confident of beating Dungver in KC, after an ass whipping like we just took tonight.

It's funny how for me at least this whole season took a pivot after this game...To me, it feels just like last year, and I'm not sure that we can win more than one or two more games this year...

KC definitely got exposed as a product of playing backup quarterbacks and having a ridiculously good defense.

They'll be lucky to win three more to close out the season.

Earthling
11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
We play the Colts last game of the year. Its possible that will propel KC into 1st place since the Colts beat the Donks already. Lots of possibilities still exist. One thing for sure is that we control our own destiny at this point. If we were to win out everything would go thru KC for the AFC championship game.

Breaker
11-18-2013, 12:48 AM
We play the Colts last game of the year. Its possible that will propel KC into 1st place since the Colts beat the Donks already. Lots of possibilities still exist. One thing for sure is that we control our own destiny at this point. If we were to win out everything would go thru KC for the AFC championship game.

You won't win out. I see loses to the Chargers next week, the Broncos again, the Redskins and the Colts.

Earthling
11-18-2013, 01:04 AM
You won't win out. I see loses to the Chargers next week, the Broncos again, the Redskins and the Colts.

It is in our hands, whatever happens.

jd1020
11-18-2013, 01:04 AM

The Redskins?

Aren't they a steaming pile of shit?

ThaVirus
11-18-2013, 01:05 AM

It's funny how for me at least this whole season took a pivot after this game...To me, suddenly it feels just like last year, and I'm not sure that we can win more than one or two more games this year...

I hate our offense and after watching that performance it's hard not to have lost faith, but hang in there, my brotha. I mean, we had plenty of opportunities to beat the Broncos tonight in a place that they've been blowing out the opposition by 20+ PPG.

Polish off a few mistakes here and there, bring this one to Arrowhead and you've got to imagine that's good for a few points going both ways.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 23-20 Chiefs win in KC.

Ragged Robin
11-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Thread fail. 2nd place.

TOUCHDOWN!!! KC
11-18-2013, 05:26 AM

Turn in your Chiefs gear. This is NOTHING CLOSE TO LAST YEAR!!!

The Bad Guy
11-18-2013, 05:51 AM
A Pats and Chiefs win next week and we are right back to the place we were after the bye.

ILChief
11-18-2013, 06:16 AM
A Pats and Chiefs win next week and we are right back to the place we were after the bye.

Which is possible. I hope there's no hangover for us

R8RFAN
11-18-2013, 06:28 AM
This is when I complain how full of loopholes and asinine the NFL playoff ranking system is.

It rewards average teams in bad divisions, and hinders good teams in strong ones.

Like when the Raiders swept the whole AFC West and didn't make the playoffs? I agree

FringeNC
11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
If we're going to make it to the Super Bowl, it's going to be because of the interaction of the defense with the home crowd. Our offensive is simply not good enough to beat decent teams on the road. At home, we're very hard to be beat.

If we don't get HFA, we'll be lucky to get out of the first round of the playoffs. I was hoping we'd see some improvement in the offense after the bye, but it just wasn't there. The red zone offense is even worse than the overall offense.

Dorsey has a lot of work to do in the off-season. Other than RB, Denver is better at every single offensive position. Going forward next season, we really need major improvement by Fisher who will most likely be our LT (Albert is simply not worth top LT money) and Kelce to be a force.

Breaker
11-18-2013, 06:37 AM
The Redskins?

They are not that bad. RGIII is far improved over when Denver played him, his more of his elusive self and Alfred Morris should have a pretty damn good day against a KC defense that gives up nearly 5 yards per carry. The weakness of the Redskins defense are their corners and safeties which is fine when you face the Chiefs because Smith can't throw the ball to save his life. Once again, as long as teams prevent the Chiefs defense from scoring, they should be fine.

R8RFAN
11-18-2013, 06:41 AM
If we're going to make it to the Super Bowl, it's going to be because of the interaction of the defense with the home crowd. Our offensive is simply not good enough to beat decent teams on the road. At home, we're very hard to be beat.

If we don't get HFA, we'll be lucky to get out of the first round of the playoffs. I was hoping we'd see some improvement in the offense after the bye, but it just wasn't there. The red zone offense is even worse than the overall offense.

Dorsey has a lot of work to do in the off-season. Other than RB, Denver is better at every single offensive position. Going forward next season, we really need major improvement by Fisher who will most likely be our LT (Albert is simply not worth top LT money) and Kelce to be a force.

Superbowl? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

MahiMike
11-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Better worry about the Chargers now.

eazyb81
11-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Not for long. Denver is clearly the better team and will be ahead of us by the end of the year.

Three7s
11-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Not for long. Denver is clearly the better team and will be ahead of us by the end of the year.
And the way the Chiefs play is about at a 10-6 to 11-5 level. They're wildcard material.

Simply Red
11-18-2013, 08:11 AM
The Redskins?

Yes, not sure who that idiot is. But yes, they're terrible.

Predarat
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
http://4-akamai.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/07/google-image-result-for-http-headblitz-com-wp-content-uploads-2012-06-hot-girl-gif-gif-726f5294-original.gif

Predarat
11-18-2013, 08:18 AM
This thread sucks, and not a good sucks either. Now THIS is a good suck

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1306144438_girl_with_heartshaped_lollipop.gif

Lzen
11-18-2013, 08:30 AM

ROFL

ChiefsSuckBalls
11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Great win last night guys!!!

wink91wink
11-18-2013, 08:36 AM
They are not that bad. RGIII is far improved over when Denver played him, his more of his elusive self and Alfred Morris should have a pretty damn good day against a KC defense that gives up nearly 5 yards per carry. The weakness of the Redskins defense are their corners and safeties which is fine when you face the Chiefs because Smith can't throw the ball to save his life. Once again, as long as teams prevent the Chiefs defense from scoring, they should be fine.

I live near DC, and watch the games each week. They are a steaming pile of shit. RG3 looked debatably worst this week then he did vs Denver. He was overthrowing everyone.

The Bad Guy
11-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Anyone predicting a home loss to the Chargers and a loss to the Redskins pays absolutely no attention to the NFL.

Gravedigger
11-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Even if we lose to the Chargers on the road, the Colts at home and the Broncos at home were still 12-4. I'll take that.

Strongside
11-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Well, since we're going to shit all over Phyllis' face this weekend and Denver will lose in NE, I'm ok with it.

tredadda
11-18-2013, 09:10 AM

:spock: We beat ourselves more than Denver beat us.

GloryDayz
11-18-2013, 09:11 AM

THIS! We lost more than a game last night! We lost our undefeated status, we lost 1st place, and we lost any chance of gaining any respect from anybody who matters. Sure, they'll say nice things about our D, but the truth is we were exposed for the crap we are in terms of an overall football team.

And this team is to blame. They knew what all was on the line (starting with bragging rights), and they fucking screwed the pooch and quit.

They also lost a lot of backing. For what it's worth, this team just earned a lot less deeply entrenched fan support because they burned us on the national stage. If they think this is just one loss and they thought the talking heads were wrong and didn't matter (last week), they can expect a lot more of it for the coming weeks. And they won't be favored in Arrowhead - because they shouldn't be.

These players don't care enough, and the coaching staff isn't going to demand it, they appear to be all too willing to gloss it all over and "keep it in house" while the fans get ripped apart by other fans. Good to be them I guess.

Strongside
11-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Anyone predicting a home loss to the Chargers and a loss to the Redskins pays absolutely no attention to the NFL.

This. The Chargers are on a downward spiral and don't worry me a bit at home. RGIII and company are just awful right now.

Strongside
11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
THIS! We lost more than a game last night! We lost our undefeated status, we lost 1st place, and we lost any chance of gaining any respect from anybody who matters. Sure, they'll say nice things about our D, but the truth is we were exposed for the crap we are in terms of an overall football team.

And this team is to blame. They knew what all was on the line (starting with bragging rights), and they ****ing screwed the pooch and quit.

They also lost a lot of backing. For what it's worth, this team just earned a lot less deeply entrenched fan support because they burned us on the national stage. If they think this is just one loss and they thought the talking heads were wrong and didn't matter (last week), they can expect a lot more of it for the coming weeks. And they won't be favored in Arrowhead - because they shouldn't be.

These players don't care enough, and the coaching staff isn't going to demand it, they appear to be all too willing to gloss it all over and "keep it in house" while the fans get ripped apart by other fans. Good to be them I guess.

Add GloryDayz to the suicide watch list.

Marcellus
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM

LMAO good grief dude.

tredadda
11-18-2013, 09:22 AM

And this team is to blame. They knew what all was on the line (starting with bragging rights), and they ****ing screwed the pooch and quit.

Like who? The sportswriters who we are hoping vote us into a BCS game? You think we get stuck in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl now instead of the Fiesta Bowl? I guess that would suck.

Relax, we were bound to lose at some point. This team lost by 10 points in a game most predicted we would lose 28-10, 31-13 or worse. We beat ourselves more than Denver beat us. I think this team earned some respect last night in spite of the loss. Just not with some of the chicken little fans like you.

GloryDayz
11-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Add GloryDayz to the suicide watch list.

Hardly... Just calling them like I see them. Ready for another year where the Chiefs let down their city. I think we're kind of used to it.

GloryDayz
11-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Like who? The sportswriters who we are hoping vote us into a BCS game? You think we get stuck in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl now instead of the Fiesta Bowl? I guess that would suck.

Relax, we were bound to lose at some point. This team lost by 10 points in a game most predicted we would lose 28-10, 31-13 or worse. We beat ourselves more than Denver beat us. I think this team earned some respect last night in spite of the loss. Just not with some of the chicken little fans like you.

Yup...

Marcellus
11-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Hardly... Just calling them like I see them. Ready for another year where the Chiefs let down their city. I think we're kind of used to it.

You may be one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive. That's an accomplishment you can take pride it.

GloryDayz
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
You may be one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive. That's an accomplishment you can take pride it.

Fuck off you idiot! You're a supreme dick and a suck up!

RippedmyFlesh
11-18-2013, 09:52 AM

I want this just so that the rematch in Arrowhead basically decides the division.

Marcellus
11-18-2013, 09:58 AM
**** off you idiot! You're a supreme dick and a suck up!

Hey man chill out, I am just trying to give you something to be proud of since you seem to be so emotionally tied to these type things and how you feel like the team has let the city down and all.

I for one was fully expecting to go 19-0 this season.

Marcellus
11-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I want this just so that the rematch in Arrowhead basically decides the division.

The Chiefs still control their own destiny.

warrior
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I predicted 14-2 and Im sticking with it.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey man chill out, I am just trying to give you something to be proud of since you seem to be so emotionally tied to these type things and how you feel like the team has let the city down and all.

I hope he treats his self to the same standard in real life. He will be just a minor speed bumb for the rest of us. :thumb:

GloryDayz
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM

You in for 18-1 now? Can the D do it?

ClevelandBronco
11-18-2013, 11:47 AM

And this team is to blame. They knew what all was on the line (starting with bragging rights), and they fucking screwed the pooch and quit.

Jeez, dude. No one blames the customers when Walmart fucks up and no one with any sense blames the customers when the Chiefs fuck up.