PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Don't jump off that bandwagon just yet...

Nightfyre
11-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Fellow planeteers –

We Chiefs fans have a well-earned pessimistic outlook with respect to the performance of our football team. While the loss yesterday may have taken the wind from our sails, there is still reason for hope going forward.

Worry not, for even the mighty 2000 Ravens that this team is often compared to, lost four regular season games, was the fifth seed and even gave up 36 points in one game. That team went on to win a Super Bowl. This defense might be even better. They faced the vaunted Denver offense and gave up 27 points despite being left on the field quite consistently and often defending a short field. Further, I strongly believe that this team can beat Denver at home. Hell, this game was a few breaks from going KC’s way even in Denver.

Now the offense leaves quite a bit to be desired. Probably even moreso than the 2000 Ravens offense. I still believe, for that the talent is there for an average offensive output. Charles is probably still the second best back in the league. You have talent in Albert/Hudson/Asamoah/Fisher on the offensive line. And you have Bowe and Avery on the outside, and they are not inadequate. Alex Smith is Alex Smith. But look at that and tell me you can’t contrive some form of success from the running game with this group. I can’t be sure why we are not seeing better results, but I am sure given the available talent there, we can get more from the offense.

The point, my brothers (and sisters :rolleyes:), is that there is hope for the future. For the remainder of this year and in years looking forward. We should not lay down as fans at the first sign of adversity. We should not cave into our blood-tinted and pessimistic view of the world. We should pick ourselves up and have hope. For the most important thing I realized after the loss, is that the Chiefs still control their own destiny.

keg in kc
11-18-2013, 04:00 AM
[Looks at that]

You can’t contrive some form of success from the running game with this group

Chiefs=Champions
11-18-2013, 04:15 AM
I feel like a lot of the offenses failures result from the poor play calling of Reid. Especially at the beginnings of games. Needless to say they will never be world beaters, but i still feel like they can put together games where they consistently score 20+ points..

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 06:34 AM
We should have ran more.

MahiMike
11-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Not sure how I should feel about this thread.

KC-TBB
11-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks, suicide called off...I'm ok now.

Sandy Vagina
11-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Chiefs have already exceeded expectations. They will be even better next season. No one is kidding themselves into thinking they are offensive juggernauts this year. A little more improvement, and any given Sunday, they can win against anyone. That's pretty much all every reasonable fan could wish for.

KC_Lee
11-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Figured we'd split the series with Denver this year. Beating Denver in Denver is tall task for any team.

Not jumping off anything.

Simply Red
11-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Figured we'd split the series with Denver this year. Beating Denver in Denver is tall task for any team.

yup :clap:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
we werent going 16-0, the division still rides through arrowhead. Take care of business at home and we control our destiny

Rain Man
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Contrary to some other folks, I think the Denver game was closer than the score. If we put the ball in from the 1 yard line like we should, that's four points, and if Denver doesn't get that perfect pass from the Rent-A-QB to that guy with all the injuries, that's 7 Denver points off the board. Add in the unfortunate fumble and this game swung on a handful of plays.

I'm not happy with losing, but we can take that team down when it counts.

Molitoth
11-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Reid is a QB/Offense guru, no need to be concerned...

lol.

Graystoke
11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
I am happy.
When the Chiefs lose, its not my fault.
"Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!"

durtyrute
11-18-2013, 11:01 AM
I feel like a lot of the offenses failures result from the poor play calling of Reid. Especially at the beginnings of games. Needless to say they will never be world beaters, but i still feel like they can put together games where they consistently score 20+ points..

That can not be said enough

Nzoner
11-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not jumping off anything,a win last night would've been nice but in the big picture if shit happens to work out I for one would not want to see KC winning 2 regular season games against the broncos only to face them again in the postseason.

The team now has the taste of losing,knocked down a notch from the mountaintop if you will,so get back to work and get focused for the stretch run.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Beat them at Arrowhead and hope we don't face them in the playoffs. We are still in good position to have the one seed.

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Who cares about the playoffs. Alex Smith isn't winning jack for KC this year and hopefully is benched for a rookie next year.

Nzoner
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Who cares about the playoffs. Alex Smith isn't winning jack for KC this year and hopefully is benched for a rookie next year.

:LOL:

The 2000 Ravens lost 3 straight games(2 at home) and scored a total of 33 points in doing so with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer.

salame
11-18-2013, 11:19 AM
9 wins is a big deal
they aren't a super bowl team and only a HOMER would think that they were

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 11:19 AM

The 2000 Ravens lost 3 straight games(2 at home) and scored a total of 33 points in doing so with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer.

:facepalm:

It's 2013. You have to have a quarterback capable of throwing for more than 5 yards an attempt and can hang 275+ in non garbage time situations.

And clearly the defense isn't as good as it supposedly is considering it can't sack anyone now.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Beating Denver in Denver is tall task for any team.

As much as we wanted this game, this is the truth. Denver had been averaging 44 points a game at home. The Chiefs held them to 27. Denver had been winning by an average of 22 points at home. They beat the Chiefs by 10.

This thing is far from over.

houstonwhodat
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Texans went 12-0 last year.

How'd that turn out?

Bearcat
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Maybe with a legit QB and another playmaker or two, we won't be forced to go back 13 years to find examples of similar teams that have won a SB. :shrug:

In 110 games, Manning has lost 4 times when the opponent scores fewer than 21 points, so it can be done!!!

Nzoner
11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
:facepalm:

It's 2013. You have to have a quarterback capable of throwing for more than 5 yards an attempt and can hang 275+ in non garbage time situations.

And clearly the defense isn't as good as it supposedly is considering it can't sack anyone now.

Sorry I'm not going to let myself get down yet,there's too much football left to play and I've seen crazier shit happen.As for Alex,I won't disagree but it would help if his receivers could catch a damn cold.

Nzoner
11-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe with a legit QB and another playmaker or two, we won't be forced to go back 13 years to find examples of similar teams that have won a SB. :shrug:

In 110 games, Manning has lost 4 times when the opponent scores fewer than 21 points, so it can be done!!!

I think it's 106 games :)

Down4Chiefs
11-18-2013, 11:33 AM
That can not be said enough

its not said enough. Our offensive talent is limited I understand,but I thought Reid was an offensive guru? All I know is ive seen a lot of what seems to be boneheaded play calls from a guru.

Its obvious Reid still has no trust in Jamal Charles who is the all time leader in yards per carry. Which is nothing new,he didn't trust McCoy in Philly either.

And its obvious he doesn't have much trust in his offense as a unit either. You can practically see when he starts calling plays to not lose versus trying to win the game. He opened it up last night and I saw good things happening with the offense,but I also so it go back to conservative once we got back in reach. instead of continuing to do what got them within reach.

Maybe playing safe to prevent turnovers isn't bad play calling with this defense. Its hard to argue with the results,but in this game in particular it cost us. Had we played with our foot on the gas all night on offense I see a different outcome

FringeNC
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
We're not the best team in the AFC, but with some luck, we can still get HFA, and it will be hard for any team to come into Arrowhead and beat us with this D. All is not lost, but obviously we're not not a great team, and Dorsey and Reid have a lot of work to do on the offense in the offseason.

Bearcat
11-18-2013, 11:36 AM
I think it's 106 games :)

106 losses for opponents, including last night... 4-106. Seems to be about the same chance as winning deep in the playoffs these days without an offense that can put up points.

Nzoner
11-18-2013, 11:39 AM
106 losses for opponents, including last night... 4-106. Seems to be about the same chance as winning deep in the playoffs these days without an offense that can put up points.

It's a new era it's all about fantasy football and scoring.Again,no matter what I read today I'm still excited,KC still plays next week with a lot to play for and as long as that remains a reality all is good in my football world.

Bearcat
11-18-2013, 11:43 AM
It's a new era it's all about fantasy football and scoring.Again,no matter what I read today I'm still excited,KC still plays next week with a lot to play for and as long as that remains a reality all is good in my football world.

Yeah... and despite the typical fickle threads after a loss, it's not like we learned anything. I don't have any less hope that they can win in the playoffs... they might be able to knock off one team, but unless the offense significantly improves, I just don't see much more than that this year... and there's no problem with that, as long as Reid and Dorsey aren't as blinded by their record as some here have been.

Dayze
11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/2222800/car-falls-off-cliff-o.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
I hate losing to Denver, but I'm grateful as fuck for this game.

No more hiding the hotshit-garbage that IS this offense behind cries of "DERP AND OH, BITCHES(~!)".

Finally.

BlackHelicopters
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
No tall buildings near me.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
We were going to lose and will again. Not upset at all othet than it being against those turds

Sannyasi
11-18-2013, 01:38 PM

I wish Reid would stop calling that slant pass to the receiver's feet.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Some people are acting like we just got eliminated from the playoffs.

CallMeSquidwad
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Great post, everyone is quick to point fingers but we needed to lose to gain some perspective, this team is incredibly young and this has been an incredible season.

rabblerouser
11-18-2013, 01:58 PM

exactly.

17 pts against Denver...

1st & gl from the 2...kick a FG.

4th down from the 40 with 10 min left?? punt to Manning!!

and the best Reid the 'offensive guru' can muster throughout the game is a bunch of screens, slants, and draws.

NEWSFLASH : You can't play small-ball against the Bradys, Mannings, Breeses of this league. YOU CAN'T. It gets you lots of wins in the regular season. But not in the playoffs. Not against the big guns. Ask fucking Marty - what happened to him in the playoffs everytime he went up against Elway or Marino, ya know?? I've seen this shit before...

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Great post, everyone is quick to point fingers but we needed to lose to gain some perspective, this team is incredibly young and this has been an incredible season.

Young is not an adjective I'd use to describe the team. At all.

sd4chiefs
11-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I just want them to beat the Chargers on Sunday.

Sorter
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
3 dropped picks is not exactly helpful.

The Demps failed INT was killer.

trndobrd
11-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Since passes hitting receivers in their hands were bouncing off, maybe he decided that feet were the second best option.

ThaVirus
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM

I keep wondering about that shit.

Where the fuck is the diverse route tree? We have the quick slant, the square in, the drag, the hitch and the out routes.

Where the fuck are the skinny posts? The deep posts? The flag routes? The deep comebacks? The double moves?

Easy 6
11-18-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm nowhere close to suicide, we lost to a very good team at home.

We kept their point total low and our QB tossed two touchdowns, an unbelievable feat, since our receivers struggle to do just about everything.

The best part of all this, is that we don't have to wait long to set things a'right.

durtyrute
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I keep wondering about that shit.

Where the fuck is the diverse route tree? We have the quick slant, the square in, the drag, the hitch and the out routes.

Where the fuck are the skinny posts? The deep posts? The flag routes? The deep comebacks? The double moves?

That shit has been driving me crazy damn near all season. It's like we only have five pass plays and we just switch up the personnel.

Marcellus
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Young is not an adjective I'd use to describe the team. At all.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/nfl-teams-ranked-by-average-age/

8th youngest roster in the league.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 03:53 PM
A healthy Kelce, get better two than Avery from the draft or FA. Slot would then be Avery and we can roll. We need more JC out of the I.

Easy 6
11-18-2013, 04:00 PM
A healthy Kelce, get better two than Avery from the draft or FA. Slot would then be Avery and we can roll. We need more JC out of the I.

Better yet, move Bowe to #2 and Avery to #3... i'm sick of watching Bowe running around with someone draped all over him, its time for a speed demon with solid hands at the one.

rabblerouser
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Better yet, move Bowe to #2 and Avery to #3... i'm sick of watching Bowe running around with someone draped all over him, its time for a speed demon with solid hands at the one.

yes please

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 10:54 PM

No.

Marcellus...

No.

Some people are acting like we just got eliminated from the playoffs.

I'd happily trade those two turd-wins against Houston and Cleveland for beating Denver in Denver. Seed position be damned.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't see any hope. As soon as we played a winning team we basically ran into a brick wall.

I'll enjoy 1995 Chiefs Redux as much as I can, and hope for major offensive upgrades.

Ace Gunner
11-18-2013, 11:10 PM
those WR's are ****ing horrible
the OL is a ****ing clown act
the QB is in shell mode

this team is in full crash & burn mode and I doubt they pull out with that OL. shit they are too small to even get in the ****ing way. they are horrible.

even Jamaal was an absolute dumpster fire.

they tackled like lil girls and Denver absolutely rag-doll'd this offense with every opportunity. guys were getting blown up left and right. when they got first contact, that was end of play. when Denver moved the ball, our guys tackled like lil girls and it took 5 players to make a stupid ass tackle on a 200 lbs player, ten fucking yards later. it was 2009 all over again. weak ass pussyball.

where did the heart go. the passion. the cajones.

**** em. they had there chance. they really blew it. I don't think they bounce back. they'll win a few more, but this team is going nowhere.

/rant

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 11:11 PM
those WR's are ****ing horrible
the OL is a ****ing clown act
the QB is in shell mode

this team is in full crash & burn mode and I doubt they pull out with that OL. shit they are too small to even get in the ****ing way. they are horrible.

even Jamaal was an absolute dumpster fire.

they tackled like lil girls and Denver absolutely rag-doll'd this offense with every opportunity. guys were getting blown up left and right. when they got first contact, that was end of play. when Denver moved the ball, our guys tackled like lil girls and it took 5 players to make a stupid ass tackle on a 200 lbs player, ten fucking yards later. it was 2009 all over again. weak ass pussyball.

where did the heart go. the passion. the cajones.

**** em. they had there chance. they really blew it. I don't think they bounce back. they'll win a few more, but this team is going nowhere.

/rant

2003 reversed.

Psyko Tek
11-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks, suicide called off...I'm ok now.

you sure I was worried about you, man

the loss of you posts would have sent rthis board into a tail spin

o:-)

DON"T FUCKING DO IT

Ace Gunner
11-18-2013, 11:33 PM
2003 reversed.

maybe. that '03 team was put together using FA-

Trint
Preist
Roaf

this team is mostly home grown-

Bowe
Albert
DJ
Hali

etc. it just is not the same thing imo. there are veteran players on this team now, and if they can't pick this team off the floor now, then some house cleaning needs done come 2014. they are gonna lose a few players that are good, but just need to go somewhere else because this core is rotten. there is too much losing -- too much "loser" in this core imo.

they kept it close in spite of themselves. really, it should have been 27 - 7 because the rest didn't even make sense. they are an embarrassment to some of the better young players, like Houston.

Jamaal had his worst game as a fucking pro. bar none. worst game. I don't know what to say. he played like a loser. Imo that is the part of this "core" influence rubbing off on a guy who has always played with great passion, great intensity and urgency. he was pedestrian.

when Albert false started the first fucking play from scrimmage, I just wanted to drive down to that stadium and punch his teeth out. fucking asshole. fucking weak ass piece of fuck.

ugh.

no. they are not related to the same universe as the 2003 team. not at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 11:37 PM
This offense is so horrifically inept, they have managed to neuter Charles.

Meditate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 11:38 PM
maybe. that '03 team was put together using FA-

Trint
Preist
Roaf

this team is mostly home grown-

Bowe
Albert
DJ
Hali

etc. it just is not the same thing imo. there are veteran players on this team now, and if they can't pick this team off the floor now, then some house cleaning needs done come 2014. they are gonna lose a few players that are good, but just need to go somewhere else because this core is rotten. there is too much losing -- too much "loser" in this core imo.

they kept it close in spite of themselves. really, it should have been 27 - 7 because the rest didn't even make sense. they are an embarrassment to some of the better young players, like Houston.

Jamaal had his worst game as a fucking pro. bar none. worst game. I don't know what to say. he played like a loser. Imo that is the part of this "core" influence rubbing off on a guy who has always played with great passion, great intensity and urgency. he was pedestrian.

when Albert false started the first fucking play from scrimmage, I just wanted to drive down to that stadium and punch his teeth out. fucking asshole. fucking weak ass piece of fuck.

ugh.

no. they are not related to the same universe as the 2003 team. not at all.
The offense is as bad if not worse than the 2003 defense.

Psyko Tek
11-18-2013, 11:38 PM

you fucking idiot no fumbles and a drop less we would have beat them

fuck saying this was good
and where the fuck was the pass rush
two weeks to game plan and the O was this

are you happy?
tell me about moral victories all you want and then look at being 5th seed this O needs arrowood to win

Ace Gunner
11-18-2013, 11:42 PM
The offense is as bad if not worse than the 2003 defense.

it is ten zillion times worse. the '03 defense could line up. they could wait for the ball to be snapped before running around to do absolutely nothing but run around.

this fucking offense can't fucking line up right without a penalty. they can't get off the ball witohut a penalty. Albert has 50 fucking penalties in five and a half fucking piece of fuck seasons. it's the same shit from this OL year after fucking year. same garbage drops from the WR's too, year after fucking year.

no. this god damn dumpster fire is in a whole different fucking demension than the '03 team.

Sorter
11-18-2013, 11:48 PM

What do you mean move Bowe to #2?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Left a ton of points on the field. Have every confidence they can win the next 2 battles.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Unforced errors against a shit D.

KCDC
11-19-2013, 12:07 AM
The loss was not critical to me. What was critical to me is that we see that our offense is incapable of scoring more than 17 points a game, even when it is behind in the score and playing a mediocre defense. If the defense holds the opponent to less than 17, we win. That is fine for leisurely watching a game; but, one cannot go to the SB with an offense that limited, and with conservative playcalling.

This team will not get better until we get a decent QB. Reid is blind to the weakness at QB. He actually thinks AS is good. It was this blindness that lost Pioli his job and it will cause Reid/Dorsey to lose their jobs too one day unless AS is run over by a bus and they are forced to find someone new. Hopefully Bray will pan out. He is the hope to take the team to the next level at the moment, but will not get his chance absent a couple of injuries.

B2chiefsfan
11-19-2013, 09:03 AM
The Chiefs are 9-1... and yet the sky is still falling here at the good ol' CP... ROFL

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:06 AM

LMAO Sorter.

I smell bait.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
We lost to Denver in Denver and we're 9-1 now because so. How is the sky falling?

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Do you see him as a true number one these days?

I'm starting to see some of things his few detractors have said over the years... lazy routes, iffy hands on routine passes and precious little speed are things people have talked about long before Axl showed up.

Still love the kid, he's come a long way with us and i'd like him to stay... but, only at the two.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
LMAO Sorter.

I smell bait.

The only thing you smell is your upper lip.

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
So you are going to move him to 2 on the depth chart and just leave the space above him blank or something? I don't really see what that accomplishes. Maybe it's just me.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
So you are going to move him to 2 on the depth chart and just leave the space above him blank or something? I don't really see what that accomplishes. Maybe it's just me.

Yep, lets just leave it blank/herp

I'm talking about next year...

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
My question would be: where are you going to magically procure a WR that is better than Bowe? Are you going to go to the WR Oak? scottfree loves you WR oak!

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:29 PM
My question would be: where are you going to magically procure a WR that is better than Bowe? Are you going to go to the WR Oak? scottfree loves you WR oak!

Yep, lets just get him off the ****ing tree/herp.

Believe it or not, there are two other magical avenues besides the ol' oak tree... they're called the draft and free agency.

"scottfree loves you WR oak!"... huh, what? you're usually better than this kind of dipshittery.

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't see a wide receiver better than Bowe hitting free agency or dropping to the late-twenties draft spots. Call me crazy. Not unless we identify a gem that everyone else misses, anyway.

edit: Also, have you not seen those ticket-oak commercials? They make me laugh.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't see a wide receiver better than Bowe hitting free agency or dropping to the late-twenties draft spots. Call me crazy. Not unless we identify a gem that everyone else misses, anyway.

edit: Also, have you not seen those ticket-oak commercials? They make me laugh.

Just because you don't see a guy in free agency, doesn't mean it wont happen, crazy moves happen every single year.

As for the draft... swaps, wheeling dealing and moving up also happen all of the time, if nothing else, you gotta give Dorsey some credit in player acquisition, if he and Reid feel like they gotta move up... they're damn sure gonna do it.

I honestly haven't seen the commercial, but thanks for clearing that up, it had me going "huh", thus i remove the dipshittery tag :D

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey, it could happen. I honestly have no idea about any of the receivers in this year's draft. I have been enjoying the Chiefs season too much to watch CFB this year.

Easy 6
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
I honestly have no idea about any of the receivers in this year's draft. I have been enjoying the Chiefs season too much to watch CFB this year.

1) me either, though i have watched more college ball than usual this year, theres rarely anything better on than some good old football these days.

2) :thumb:... i'm even finding myself less interested in other NFL games this year, only wanna see my Chiefs whip some ass.

Ragged Robin
11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
We were a few dropped passes and idiotic playcalls away from being a completely different game.. and the retarded Sherman fumble. Andy completely failed when he ran 3 times up the gut at the goal line and then settled for a field goal and then later punting on their 40 late in the game.