PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would be nice if Bray could push Alex for starter next year

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Andy probably won't even consider such a thing until year three but I hope he does. We need that big arm before our defense gets to old.

TribalElder
11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Moar Touchdowns!

Sure-Oz
11-18-2013, 07:37 PM
It'd be nice if Bray could be considered 2nd string next year

Third Eye
11-18-2013, 07:41 PM
It would be nice if people would stop having high expectations for a guy that went undrafted in a thin qb class. I sincerely hope that I am forced to eat crow one day, but color me doubtful that Bray ever has success in this league.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I just went from 6 to 12.

RealSNR
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
A Tuckdaddy thread, ladies and gentlemen!

KCUnited
11-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Something about a potential Bray Charles zone read is so Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Not gonna happen barring injury.

Easy 6
11-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself, we just need to hope he cements himself at #2 first.

TribalElder
11-18-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/accreditation/images/Omaha_Logo.jpg
http://www.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/accreditation/images/Omaha_Logo.jpg

Bump
11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
next year: cut Chase Daniel. Promote Bray to #2. Draft QB in later rounds. Hope for the best.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Would be nice of our fan base didnt have an unhealthy jr high girlfriend love affair with players that have no realistic shot.

Tribal Warfare
11-18-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm hopeful, but we don't know how he's taking instruction since he isn't on the field if Bray's getting it or not .

Eleazar
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/yea-k.gif

saphojunkie
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Without blatantly rooting for Smith to get injured, I really would like to see what Bray could do out there in a real game.

Yes, he was undrafted in a weak class, but he could have absolutely gone in the first or second round and no one would have thrown up too many objections.

BigRedChief
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Andy probably won't even consider such a thing until year three but I hope he does. We need that big arm before our defense gets to old.WTF? The dude was undrafted in the weakest QB draft in history. He needs to develop just to even have a chance. We paid Chase $3 MILLION for 3 years to be the backup.

Bray will never be the QB in this window of oppertunity unless both Smith and Chase go down to injuries.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
If guys like Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel are getting chances...why not? I know the ones mentioned are due to injury but Bray can throw check downs and overthrow WRs.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
our offensive line better be improved before Bray takes over

Smith has a ton more mobility

threebag
11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Without blatantly rooting for Smith to get injured, I really would like to see what Bray could do out there in a real game.

Yes, he was undrafted in a weak class, but he could have absolutely gone in the first or second round and no one would have thrown up too many objections.

I would have objected

Objection
Objection
Objection

Buzz
11-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Million dollar arm, 10 cent head, who is going to teach him the playbook?

Discuss Thrower
11-18-2013, 08:42 PM
He's JAG that's been elevated to savior level for absolutely no reason. He was passed over in favor of highly touted prospects from South Utah, Miami of Ohio, Southern Florida and freaking Duke.

Simply Red
11-18-2013, 08:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/SKSrzb1.gif

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Alex Smith is not known for finishing seasons upright...

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:11 PM

And you showed up again uninvited like the douche you are. SNR is such an asshole.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SKSrzb1.gif
Night would not be complete without the biggest jackass aka Simply Red showing up. Can't you go be a douche somewhere else.

Bugeater
11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
It also would be nice if I'd start shitting $100 bills.

Eleazar
11-18-2013, 09:17 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/100/dis%20gon%20be%20good.gif

Buzz
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM
butthurt, no lube.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:20 PM
There is a long list of qb's that people thought would be bad for various reasons and were not. There is also a longer list of qb's that were suppose to be great and were not. You never know and I just hope he gets a shot. I am not proclaiming he will be a franchise guy.

As if there was not a mega thread about Bray full of planet members supporting him and his potential.

Sorter
11-18-2013, 09:21 PM
It'd be nice if Alex Smith could turn into Drew Brees.

Canofbier
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
He's JAG that's been elevated to savior level for absolutely no reason. He was passed over in favor of highly touted prospects from South Utah, Miami of Ohio, Southern Florida and freaking Duke.

To be fair, it's not for NO reason - the dude has an elite physical skillset, and he looked awfully good in limited time during the preseason. I think any reasonable person will admit that he doesn't have a strong reputation for his mental ability or leadership qualities, but you can't readily judge those things when a player is third-string.

All I know: if Alex and his sub-5.0 YPA goes down with an injury next year some time, I'd much rather see Bray take his place than Buttchin Magoo.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:28 PM
To be fair, it's not for NO reason - the dude has an elite physical skillset, and he looked awfully good in limited time during the preseason. I think any reasonable person will admit that he doesn't have a strong reputation for his mental ability or leadership qualities, but you can't readily judge those things when a player is third-string.

All I know: if Alex and his sub-5.0 YPA goes down with an injury next year some time, I'd much rather see Bray take his place than Buttchin Magoo.
Word to your mother. Well said and makes my point.

Buzz
11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
No, NFL QB's have to be smart, physical talent wont cut it in this league. Dumb is dumb.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Bray would have been top 5 in this class if he would have stayed...

We got him for beans.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
No, NFL QB's have to be smart, physical talent wont cut it in this league. Dumb is dumb.

Terry Bradshaw says howdy.

Yet everyone wanted Geno...

Canofbier
11-18-2013, 09:37 PM

Have you heard Bradshaw speak during the Fox pregame shows? The dude can't possibly have an IQ over 100.

Nightfyre
11-18-2013, 09:38 PM
You guys crying for Bray make me cry. You want so desperately for the Chiefs to stumble upon the answer and just have it right there on the roster. Hell, so do I. I just can't be convinced that Bray is the answer.

kcchiefsus
11-18-2013, 09:38 PM
It would be nice if people would stop having high expectations for a guy that went undrafted in a thin qb class. I sincerely hope that I am forced to eat crow one day, but color me doubtful that Bray ever has success in this league.

The raiders just had an undrafted rookie throw 3 touchdowns and win a game. Just saying...

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM

So Cam and Kaep are genious? There football iq is not much but they win.

Mr_Tomahawk
Have you heard Bradshaw speak during the Fox pregame shows? The dude can't possibly have an IQ over 100.

He actually has one of the lowest wonderlic scores of any superbowl winning QB. He scored a 15. Non-champs...Jim Kelly and Dan Marino also scored 15.

Tribal Warfare
Bray would have been top 5 in this class if he would have stayed...

We got him for beans.

In the preseason some national commentators said that KC committed "grand larceny" by obtaining Bray due to his performance in the preseason.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 09:40 PM
You guys crying for Bray make me cry. You want so desperately for the Chiefs to stumble upon the answer and just have it right there on the roster. Hell, so do I. I just can't be convinced that Bray is the answer.

I was never high on Stanzi.....

Tribal Warfare
He actually has one of the lowest wonderlic scores of any superbowl winning QB. He scored a 15. No champs...Jim Kelly and Dan Marino also scored 15.

McNabb had a 14 on the Wonderlic

Red Dawg
The raiders just had an undrafted rookie throw 3 touchdowns and win a game. Just saying...

Exactly. The idea that Bray can't be good because of his rep in college and draft status is plain stupid.

Buzz
11-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah, good luck with that...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, good luck with that...

You have no balls.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:44 PM
In the preseason some national commentators said that KC committed "grand larceny" by obtaining Bray due to his performance in the preseason.

I never said he would be great. But I hope he gets a chance someday so we at least know.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
You have no balls.

I second that.

Imon Yourside
11-18-2013, 09:46 PM
You have no balls.

What about strikes? could he walk? Batting leadoff? a 4 pitcher?

O.city
11-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Load up on playmakers for the offense, let bray take over in 2015.

Red Dawg
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOWhat about strikes? could he walk? Batting leadoff? a 4 pitcher?

Buzz
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
You have no balls.

your mom say's otherwise ;)

Mr_Tomahawk
11-18-2013, 09:52 PM
your mom say's otherwise ;)

Welcome back.

Everyone is Gay for Bray.

Buzz
11-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Welcome back.

Everyone is Gay for Bray.

Thanks dude, just not buying in, maybe I'm wrong.

Dave Lane
11-18-2013, 10:16 PM
WTF? The dude was undrafted in the weakest QB draft in history. He needs to develop just to even have a chance. We paid Chase $3 MILLION for 3 years to be the backup.

Bray will never be the QB in this window of oppertunity unless both Smith and Chase go down to injuries.

I'm ok with that.

Dave Lane
11-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Would be nice if Bray could push Alex for starter next week.

Fixed your thread title

TinyEvel
11-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Seriously. I consider myself an optimist, but even I don't start threads like this. CP seems full of guys like the dude in Vegas who is betting on both red and black at the roulette table. (also, he is at he roulette table to begin with)

crossbow
11-18-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't see how Bray could develop with this soft offensive line. He would be running for his life most of the time. Eventually he would get frustrated and start throwing picks.

Three7s
11-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Would be nice of our fan base didnt have an unhealthy jr high girlfriend love affair with players that have no realistic shot.
Because we're not aloud to talk about things that might generate a discussion on a forum propagated on discussion. How silly of us.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 11:30 PM

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2013, 11:32 PM
He's on the roster. Give it a whirl.

He'll likely ascend to #2 after camp next year, so it's only a matter of time.

Or, we'll draft a QB.
LMAO .....ah, yeah; even I have to laugh at that last one.

TEX
11-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Andy probably won't even consider such a thing until year three but I hope he does. We need that big arm before our defense gets to old.

Would be better if ALL our O-line starters would bw challenged next year...

beach tribe
11-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I have to believe that Reid is smart enough, has seen enough good QB play, is aggressive enough, and believes so much in the passing game that he has to be contemplating what needs to be done at the QB position.

The article before the season stating that he would try to get Alex to push the ball down field more shows that he recognized this a long time ago, and for all the reasons stated above, realizes that he has not been able to do that so far.
NFL coaches have huge egos, I'm sure he is no different in that regard.
I'm also pretty sure he considers himself an offensive master mind. It has to irk him to not be able to produce more points. It will take a failure like this past one in the post-season to get this ball rolling though. There is no way he will be able to stomach letting a team this complete accomplish nothing, just because he cant get anything out the position he is known for being such a guru with.
Something's gotta give.

Dunerdr
11-19-2013, 06:29 AM
I was talking to my dad about this last night. Not to sound like ive given up after one loss but id like to see bray go out too young to be scared and let that rocket laser cannon arm loose.

BandwagonChiefsFan
11-19-2013, 06:59 AM
I want Tyler Bray to start this week

Deberg_1990
11-19-2013, 07:21 AM
I see a future ascending career along the lines of Steve Stenstrom and Matt Blundin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
I have yet to see these maturity issues everyone speaks of since we've signed him...

Dartgod
11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
WTF? The dude was undrafted in the weakest QB draft in history. He needs to develop just to even have a chance. We paid Chase $3 MILLION for 3 years to be the backup.

I'm ok with that.

Don't be a moron. Unless you're ok with sabotaging a dream season. :rolleyes:

KCUnited
11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
I have yet to see these maturity issues everyone speaks of since we've signed him...

It's probably his other issues that are still present. I mean, muther****ing Honey Badger was kicked off his team and still went in the 3rd.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 08:03 AM
It's probably his other issues that are still present. I mean, muther****ing Honey Badger was kicked off his team and still went in the 3rd.:spock:

So Bray played for Tennessee and the muther****ing Honey Badger played for LSU and he was what?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 08:05 AM
It's probably his other issues that are still present. I mean, muther****ing Honey Badger was kicked off his team and still went in the 3rd.

What other issues?

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 08:06 AM
What other issues?

Well for one, he was on the wrong team... So that is an issue to start. So the simple fact that you guys are discussing football is quite concerning...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Well for one, he was on the wrong team... So that is an issue to start. So the simple fact that you guys are discussing football is quite concerning...

What do you mean wrong team?

Was he suppose to go to USC with Kiffin?

KCUnited
11-19-2013, 08:10 AM
What other issues?

Mechanics, ability to read a defense, being a ****ing idiot?? I'm not a scout, but I can't buy maturity issues being the only reason he went undrafted.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 08:11 AM
What do you mean wrong team?

Was he suppose to go to USC with Kiffin?

Well probably the part that his teammate Tyrann Mathieu was kicked off the team and still went in the 3rd...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Mechanics, ability to read a defense, being a ****ing idiot?? I'm not a scout, but I can't buy maturity issues being the only reason he went undrafted.

He was average on the wonderlic...scored the same as Geno.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Well probably the part that his teammate Tyrann Mathieu was kicked off the team and still went in the 3rd...

WTF are you talking about? Teammate-Honeybadger?

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 08:17 AM
WTF are you talking about? Teammate-Honeybadger?

:thumb:

KCUnited
11-19-2013, 08:19 AM
:thumb:

Lol, Mathieu was kicked off HIS team. His own team. LSU.

MahiMike
11-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't know why not. I love how everyone writes off last year's picks to look for the next bright and shiny toy. A kid that's already seen an NFL sideline for a year is way ahead even if he doesn't play.

Stalker
11-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Has there been any commentary on his progress thus far ? links would be greatly appreciated

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Lol, Mathieu was kicked off HIS team. His own team. LSU.

Fair enough :bolt:

sorry for the misunderstanding

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't know why not. I love how everyone writes off last year's picks to look for the next bright and shiny toy. A kid that's already seen an NFL sideline for a year is way ahead even if he doesn't play.

I agree. A year of apprenticeship where he can learn the offense and what being a pro is like, without the immediate pressure to perform on the field, is probably best.

I don't really expect to see Bray ever start a game for the Chiefs, though. Alex Smith is only 29, and I think he will be fine if we can get the offensive line shored up. Not to mention the fact that Reid and Dorsey seem committed to him.

You guys may as well start getting used to Alex Smith.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Has there been any commentary on his progress thus far ? links would be greatly appreciated

He's stupid because he went undrafted.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:07 AM
I agree. A year of apprenticeship where he can learn the offense and what being a pro is like, without the immediate pressure to perform on the field, is probably best.

I don't really expect to see Bray ever start a game for the Chiefs, though. Alex Smith is only 29, and I think he will be fine if we can get the offensive line shored up. Not to mention the fact that Reid and Dorsey seem committed to him.

Yep, let's get used to being clown shoes in all big games to come. w00t!

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 09:09 AM

Well considering that most KC QB's for the past 20 - 25 years only have a shelf life of about 2 - 3 years I'd say we see Bray starting by 2015.

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:16 AM

Ya know, I understand liking Alex Smith as a person... he seems like a nice guy and a true professional... but I just can't fathom after all of these years as chiefs fans how some of you fans are completely in love with such a mediocre game manager QB. Matt Cassel was a mediocre game manager QB in 2009-2011 and most of the true fans were still supportive of him. It's only when he was a turnover machine in 2012 when he lost the trust of even the true fans.

How can you people sit at home and watch elite QB's dominate the league and go to the playoffs year after year and NOT want that?

Alex Smith is not an Elite QB, and he never will be. He is a decent stop gap until this team finds a QB with potential to plug in and give it a go.
I want Alex Smith to succeed as much as anyone... that way we can spend draft picks on other positions and start stacking depth, but after a long career in the league and still no signs of being more than just mediocre, it is what it is.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Ya know, I understand liking Alex Smith as a person... he seems like a nice guy and a true professional... but I just can't fathom after all of these years as chiefs fans how some of you fans are completely in love with such a mediocre game manager QB. Matt Cassel was a mediocre game manager QB in 2009-2011 and most of the true fans were still supportive of him. It's only when he was a turnover machine in 2012 when he lost the trust of even the true fans.

How can you people sit at home and watch elite QB's dominate the league and go to the playoffs year after year and NOT want that?

Alex Smith is not an Elite QB, and he never will be. He is a decent stop gap until this team finds a QB with potential to plug in and give it a go.
I want Alex Smith to succeed as much as anyone... that way we can spend draft picks on other positions and start stacking depth, but after a long career in the league and still no signs of being more than just mediocre, it is what it is.

Consider the list of starting QBs for KC;
Smith
Cassel
Huard
Croyle
Green
Grbac
Bono
Montana
Krieg
DeBerg
Blackledge
Kenny
Fuller

Outside of Green & Montana that's a 1,000 foot tire fire at the most important position on the field. KC fans have been beaten down to ensure that our expectations at the QB position is so low that a average, game manager QB seems like the next comming.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Well considering that most KC QB's for the past 20 - 25 years only have a shelf life of about 2 - 3 years I'd say we see Bray starting by 2015.

or like all the other CP made Franchise HOF QB's...

I wouldn't be surprised if the kids isn't even on the roster in 2015 or 2016...

Usually happens to the saviors of the franchise....

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
or like all the other CP made Franchise HOF QB's...

I wouldn't be surprised if the kids isn't even on the roster in 2015 or 2016...

Usually happens to the saviors of the franchise....

Did you honestly watch Bray in the preseason and think to yourself that he doesn't deserve a shot to play eventually? You don't know what you got until you plug it in and see if it works....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Consider the list of starting QBs for KC;
Smith
Cassel
Huard
Croyle
Green
Grbac
Bono
Montana
Krieg
DeBerg
Blackledge
Kenny
Fuller

Outside of Green & Montana that's a 1,000 foot tire fire at the most important position on the field. KC fans have been beaten down to ensure that our expectations at the QB position is so low that a average, game manager QB seems like the next comming.

God that is sad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Did you honestly watch Bray in the preseason and think to yourself that he doesn't deserve a shot to play eventually? You don't know what you got until you plug it in and see if it works....

This. Kid was ballin'.

And no, I don't give two flying fucks if it wasn't against the first squad defenders.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 09:32 AM

He was clearly the most impressive QB this preseason...

"He was going against scrubs"

How many of the recievers whom he was throwing to are still on the team?

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:33 AM
This. Kid was ballin'.

And no, I don't give two flying ****s if it wasn't against the first squad defenders.

Bray to Hemmingway was better than anything we have seen on offense this season.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
God that is sad.

I even forgot to include Jaworski & Pelluer (sp?)...make a sad list even sadder.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
He was clearly the most impressive QB this preseason...

"He was going against scrubs"

How many of the recievers whom he was throwing to are still on the team?

Now, now, we might have to endure three or more offensive TD's per game!

Not good/Trufie!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Bray to Hemmingway was better than anything we have seen on offense this season.

Good QB's elevate.

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Now, now, we might have to endure three or more offensive TD's per game!

Not good/Trufie!

God forbid Andy messes with the chemistry in this offense right now... :rolleyes:

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
But he is dumb and threw a beer bottle at a car in college!

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 09:37 AM
And he went too fast on a jet ski!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:37 AM
God forbid Andy messes with the chemistry in this offense right now... :rolleyes:

GAWD DANGIT, ANDY; DON'T BUH MESSIN' WITH THAT!/Mullet-Man

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 09:38 AM
And he went too fast on a jet ski!

Look out for that kind of stuff!

/signed x2 SB winner Ben Rapelessburger.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Look out for that kind of stuff!

/signed x2 time SB winner Ben Rapelessburger.

ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 09:40 AM
He didn't even get drafted!

That means he sucks!

/drafted QB's are a sure-thang...right Brodie and Dick?

crossbow
11-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Bray will get cut
get picked up by the Raiders
knock us out of a playoff spot
go on to win a superbowl for them.

Chiefs will be so outraged that they will trade a high draft pick for a backup 49er QB and spend their 1st pick on a lineman.

Fairplay

http://i.imgur.com/EF6y7.gif

Mr_Tomahawk
Bray will get cut

Chiefs will be so outraged that they will trade a high draft pick for a backup 49er QB and spend their 1st pick on a lineman.

I should neg you for this...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Bray will get cut

Kap?

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 09:46 AM
I should neg you for this...

Too bad he has history to back it up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
9-1, bitches/Trufie!

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Bray will never contribute I any meaningful way. Don't understand the obsession.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Bray will never contribute I any meaningful way. Don't understand the obsession.

Where are you getting this insider info...?

griZZly64
11-19-2013, 10:21 AM
At least I can see some of the potential these dudes are pumped about. With Stanzi I never saw anything that warranted such praise. Bray has a cannon and looks the part.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 10:35 AM

It would actually take a couple of injuries right now.
Bray may have the arm but that is not the reason he went undrafted.
When was the last time an undrafted QB amounted to anything in the NFL?

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Probably that last time one faced the Chiefs Defense...

jd1020
11-19-2013, 10:45 AM

I would say Tony Romo has been pretty good.

But if that doesn't do it for ya, it wasn't too long ago that a guy named Kurt Warner was throwing passes in the NFL.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 10:48 AM

But if that doesn't do it for ya, it wasn't too long ago that a guy named Kurt Warner was throwing passes in the NFL.

Warren Moon can be included in that list too.

ILChief
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Let's not act like bray went undrafted due to anything related to football.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Romo sucks. He just can't get it done for whatever reason. He just seems inconsistent and very mediocre. Warner is a good one. So that is one in how many? Extremely long odds. Odds that are so far against it happening that you draft another one that is better and send Bray packing or he stays as 3rd string basically a nice strong camp arm.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Warren Moon can be included in that list too.

Lets try and stay in the last 20 years. The rules and philosophies are a lot different in the current NFL than way back in those days.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Why can't we point out how many QB's who have been drafted in the first few rounds within the last 10 years have amounted to nothing...?

jd1020
11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Why can't we point out how many QB's who have been drafted in the first few rounds within the last 10 years have amounted to nothing...?

Because when you point out the QBs that have amounted to something/on their way to amounting to something, that other list looks like the buildings surrounding the Sears Tower.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 11:03 AM

That has been done plenty. And those QBs have a horrible percentage for success. Yet it is astronomically higher than the percentage of undrafted QBs that have been successful.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
What QBs in this draft are better than Bray?

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM

Who gives a shit? It was the worst draft for QB's in almost a decade. And we got one that wasn't even good enough to be drafted in that same year.
Shit from a Lab or shit from a Boxer is still just SHIT.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM

Question can't be answered until Bray actually does something and its highly likely he never does.

But for right now? Any of the QBs that have taken 1 snap as a starter/dressed on Sundays.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Who gives a shit? It was the worst draft for QB's in almost a decade. And we got one that wasn't even good enough to be drafted in that same year.
Shit from a Lab or shit from a Boxer is still just SHIT.

So you think we should have cut Bray and not Stanzi...?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Question can't be answered until Bray actually does something and its highly likely he never does.

But for right now? Any of the QBs that have taken 1 snap as a starter/dressed on Sundays.

I don't undestand this response...

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
So you think we should have cut Bray and not Stanzi...?

No not at all. I don't see Bray as anything other than camp fodder. We need those guys. I just don't expect them to ever actually be the answer for our QB need. It is one thing to go undrafted in a year that there are good QB and lots of depth. Last years draft was crap. When it is crap at the top what is it at the bottom? Stinkier crap.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:53 AM
No not at all. I don't see Bray as anything other than camp fodder. We need those guys. I just don't expect them to ever actually be the answer for our QB need. It is one thing to go undrafted in a year that there are good QB and lots of depth. Last years draft was crap. When it is crap at the top what is it at the bottom? Stinkier crap.

What if he came out this year...as a senior?

Where would he rank with this crop of QB's?

Rausch
11-19-2013, 11:56 AM

He had the talent to be a 3rd or 4th round pick.

His immaturity and poor work ethic dropped him through the floor...

Mav
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM

None.

You could throw a blanket over the entire crop of qbs from this draft class.

My personal favorite going into the draft was Mike Glennon. He fell to the 3rd round.

I thought personally that the difference between what was presumed to be the number one guy, Geno, to the 10th best guy was so negligible that I didn't know how you would draft them.

With as late as 3 days before the draft, Nassib still being touted at number 8 to Buffalo.

He went in the 4th round.

Tyler Bray, physically was the most gifted of any qb in this draft class.

He was just so raw, and the questions about maturity, leadership, and character that no one wanted to touch him in a draft class this sketchy.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
What if he came out this year...as a senior?

Where would he rank with this crop of QB's?

According to the pundits he wouldn't make the top 5. Yeah I know nobody likes Kiper or McShay.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Which the latter has been evident since he has signed with the Chiefs...

Mav
11-19-2013, 11:59 AM

He had the talent to be a first round pick.

Mav
11-19-2013, 12:00 PM

That's the difference in having no leadership in college, as opposed to having an all star cast of mentors and coaches around him in the Pros.

Mav
11-19-2013, 12:01 PM

I would never assume anything with Andy Reid.

If Alex Smith struggles as he has this year, that call will get made at some point next season.

Andy and John aren't ones to fool around.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM

When you are not starting, let along dressing, on Sundays it is hard to get in front of the camera. In college he had to deal with the press on a regular basis. That has not been the case since his arrival. There is no media surrounding him, following him trying to see what he is or is not doing so we do not know what he is or is not doing.

BigCatDaddy
11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
He's not exactly sitting behind Tom Brady. Put his ass in there next year.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-19-2013, 12:07 PM
When you are not starting, let along dressing, on Sundays it is hard to get in front of the camera. In college he had to deal with the press on a regular basis. That has not been the case since his arrival. There is no media surrounding him, following him trying to see what he is or is not doing so we do not know what he is or is not doing.

Yeah...he is probably wreaking havoc.

Mav
11-19-2013, 12:10 PM

The last thing anyone heard of Tyler Bray, other than his game against the Packers in game 4 of the preseason, is that he was attached to Alex Smiths side soaking up everything like a sponge. Which, is exactly what he should of been doing.

There is no rush with Tyler Bray.

He is sitting and learning.

If the Chiefs were 2-8, then the discussion of Tyler Bray, might become relevant.

No need to even mention him this year, unless Alex Smith gets destroyed and is out for the season.

Which, a lot of the cry babies, who don't know shit, said would of happened already to the "injury prone" alex smith.

crossbow
11-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Actually things are working out very well for Bray. His experience and footwork were in question. He gets to learn from a highly disciplined NFL QB while he works on his technique against an elite defense. Couldn't ask for a better situation.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
The last thing anyone heard of Tyler Bray, other than his game against the Packers in game 4 of the preseason, is that he was attached to Alex Smiths side soaking up everything like a sponge. Which, is exactly what he should of been doing.

There is no rush with Tyler Bray.

He is sitting and learning.

And he should be.

Hopefully by the end of the year we feel comfortable enough for him to be the #2 next year...

crossbow
11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Not getting drafted was a great wake up call for this guy. I doubt he wants to be this close to selling cell phones at the mall ever again. Working his way into the #2 spot like Rausch said should be his goal at this point. If he can achieve that then the team and fans know that the starting QB job is his to earn. He should be ready by the time Alex is done.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 12:57 PM

Doubt it but we don't know for sure either way. I do doubt that he has matured in the last 8 months since he was drafted.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
And he should be.

Hopefully by the end of Training Camp we feel comfortable enough for him to be the #2 next year...

FYP

Sorter
11-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Let's not act like bray went undrafted due to anything related to football.

He absolutely did.

Cam Newton had worse "character issues" and was selected 1.1.

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Bray should have stayed for his senior season. It's hard to think of any other players who might have cost themselves more. Not only in terms of the initial contract if he'd had a good senior year, but the fact that he'd have a decent shot at a starting job, instead of being a practice squad tackling dummy like he is now.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Bray should have stayed for his senior season. It's hard to think of any other players who might have cost themselves more. Not only in terms of the initial contract if he'd had a good senior year, but the fact that he'd have a decent shot at a starting job, instead of being a practice squad tackling dummy like he is now.

If his college situtation were more stable I would agree. But he was recruited under Kiffin (who left after one year), played under Dooley (a joke) and would have been on his third coach (Jones) in his college career. He made the best choice he could.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Would be nice if he was at least given a shot next year.

jd1020
11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Would be nice if he was at least given a shot next year.

Hell ya it would. Because that would probably spell the end to Daniel's career and we'd draft a QB.

What am I saying? No it wouldn't.

AlexSmithDynasty
11-19-2013, 01:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Chiefs Fans: "Drafting a QB in the 1st round is the only way to have success!!!!!!"

Same Chiefs fans: "Our undrafted QB that every other team in the league passed on 7 times is our savior!!!!!!!"

ILChief
11-19-2013, 02:13 PM
I think we will draft a qb in the third or fourth round to be our #3 next year with bray being #2. Daniel will be gone

HemiEd
11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Like Alex Smith?

HemiEd
11-19-2013, 02:41 PM
He's on the roster. Give it a whirl.

He'll likely ascend to #2 after camp next year, so it's only a matter of time.

Or, we'll draft a QB.
LMAO .....ah, yeah; even I have to laugh at that last one.

Gonna happen, I promise! /ClarkHunt

Nightfyre
11-19-2013, 02:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Chiefs Fans: "Drafting a QB in the 1st round is the only way to have success!!!!!!"

Same Chiefs fans: "Our undrafted QB that every other team in the league passed on 7 times is our savior!!!!!!!"

I think you will find the two groups are quite disparate on this subject. Not many of the former group are in the latter group.

HemiEd
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM
I even forgot to include Jaworski & Pelluer (sp?)...make a sad list even sadder.

You forgot several, but the point remains the same and we have beaten it to death. It is what it is, this team does not spend high picks on QBs and does not develop QBs period.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
You forgot several, but the point remains the same and we have beaten it to death. It is what it is, this team does not spend high picks on QBs and does not develop QBs period.

Yeah was going for starting QB's and not just ones on the roster, ala Blundin, Stenstrom, and Vlassic (although he did start a few games).

You would figure at some point KC would stumble upon a starting QB in the draft at some point in thier history.

HemiEd
11-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah was going for starting QB's and not just ones on the roster, ala Blundin, Stenstrom, and Vlassic (although he did start a few games).

You would figure at some point KC would stumble upon a starting QB in the draft at some point in thier history.
I had just noticed Thigpen missing from the list, Gannon, Palko, along with Kyle Orton as a quick check. It doesn't change the point though.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM

From 1987 to 2011, Chiefs didn't even have a 1st round pick quarterback on the roster. Not a single castoff from another team was a former first rounder. Brady Quinn broke that streak last year. While Alex Smith does suck, he does have that going for him.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I had just noticed Thigpen missing from the list, Gannon, Palko, along with Kyle Orton as a quick check. It doesn't change the point though.

Good catch, I failed at failing. :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Bray's preseason>>>>>>>>Smith>>>>>>>Daniel.

Gravedigger
11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Alls I know is that you cannot give Alex Smith a Matt Cassel deal, just please don't put us through this QB play for 4 more years.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Alls I know is that you cannot give Alex Smith a Matt Cassel deal, just please don't put us through this QB play for 4 more years.

Dorsey decision making > Alex Smith's decision making...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Dorsey: He's got to go

Reid: But, but, my LIL' BUDDY!

Dorsey: Here, have a taco.

Reid: Non-nom-nom

tk13
11-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Funny thing is we'll start seeing the same arguments for Bray people made for Stanzi the last two years.

Imagine if we'd drafted Geno... people would be calling for him to replace Alex on a 9-1 team right now. You could almost bet anything on it. Meanwhile, in NY he has actually had the opportunity to start every game for the Jets... and the fans are already talking about benching him for Matt Simms. Funny how things work out.

-King-
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Dorsey: He's got to go

Reid: But, but, my LIL' BUDDY!

Dorsey: Here, have a taco.

Reid: Non-nom-nom

You do realize that Dorsey is the one who pulled the trigger on Smith right? He's the one who makes personnel decisions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg
11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
You do realize that Dorsey is the one who pulled the trigger on Smith right? He's the one who makes personnel decisions.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just think that Dorsey and Andy know that a qb must a td thrower. Dorsey had Rogers and Andy had McNabb. No way they don't see how much different Smith is with his skill set. All I ask is that Bray get a look at some point while Dorsey and Andy are here. I hope we keep them for a long time. Build continuity.

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Funny thing is we'll start seeing the same arguments for Bray people made for Stanzi the last two years.

Imagine if we'd drafted Geno... people would be calling for him to replace Alex on a 9-1 team right now. You could almost bet anything on it. Meanwhile, in NY he has actually had the opportunity to start every game for the Jets... and the fans are already talking about benching him for Matt Simms. Funny how things work out.

Do you find it odd how Alex Smith keeps getting calls from fans to be benched?

Makes ya wonder...

jd1020
11-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure Reid, "who finally got his guy," had nothing at all to do with the decision to trade for Alex Smith. Dorsey just forced him to work with Alex Smith. Fuck man... got another Pioli here.

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM

How good teams do it:

Step 1) target available prospect
Step 2) coach him up
Step 3) let him play
Step 4) decide if he sucks
Step 5) keep or replace
Repeat until elite qb is found.

Now here is the chiefs method of doing things:

Step 1) target qb that another team has given up on
Step 2) trade valuable picks and give lots of money to player
Step 3) be satisfied with mediocrity and proceed to draft lineman
Step 4) continue with starting non elite qb until fan revolt
Repeat through decades of regime changes.

tk13
11-19-2013, 07:48 PM
We've had this argument before... Reid and Dorsey are never, ever going to care about what the Chiefs have done the last three decades or your suffering as a fan. If they both got fired tomorrow, the two guys that replace them won't care either. That's just not how it works. You can't hold Carl Peterson's mistakes against John Dorsey.

All we know so far is Reid and Dorsey have historically placed a high priority on the QB position. They got rid of every QB on the Chiefs roster, and replaced them with three new QBs, including a rookie. So it's not like they disregarded the position. They did obviously make an estimation that Alex Smith in the immediate future was better than any high round QB in the draft. So far they've been right. To this point they definitely didn't make the same mistake Pioli did with Cassel. We'll see what they do moving forward.

Gravedigger
11-19-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm sure Reid, "who finally got his guy," had nothing at all to do with the decision to trade for Alex Smith. Dorsey just forced him to work with Alex Smith. **** man... got another Pioli here.

Yeah, all the stories that came out were about how "Reid has been high on him since he was drafted." There's no doubt in my mind that Reid was the decision maker on that one, Dorsey being a new GM just trusted in his coach to locate the best QB talent that he could work with. Dorsey might have been the father that pulled the trigger on the deal, but Reid was the daughter who wanted the car that she wanted.

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
We've had this argument before... Reid and Dorsey are never, ever going to care about what the Chiefs have done the last three decades or your suffering as a fan. If they both got fired tomorrow, the two guys that replace them won't care either. That's just not how it works. You can't hold Carl Peterson's mistakes against John Dorsey.

All we know so far is Reid and Dorsey have historically placed a high priority on the QB position. They got rid of every QB on the Chiefs roster, and replaced them with three new QBs, including a rookie. So it's not like they disregarded the position. They did obviously make an estimation that Alex Smith in the immediate future was better than any high round QB in the draft. So far they've been right. To this point they definitely didn't make the same mistake Pioli did with Cassel. We'll see what they do moving forward.

People just need to get used to Alex Smith, because he's 29 years old and he's not going anywhere.

He was very effective the last few years in San Francisco, and he's been efficient, if not effective, here on a MUCH less talented offense.

They'll need to fix the offensive line and put some weapons around him.

But we for damn sure are not drafting a first round QB and turning a team that can expect to be in the postseason every year for the next few years over to a rookie. It doesn't make any sense and Reid and Dorsey aren't going to do that anyway.

If that ruins someone's day, maybe they should go follow the Jets?

Deberg_1990
11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Meanwhile, in NY he has actually had the opportunity to start every game for the Jets... and the fans are already talking about benching him for Matt Simms. Funny how things work out.

This is what I try and tell people around here all the time. It's all about perspective.

Believe me.......fans in Dallas, Indy, Boston, Green Bay and Denver bitch about their QBs too.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
They'll need to fix the offensive line and put some weapons around him

Fix the offensive line? Alex makes the offensive line suck. He takes fucking sacks like crazy. He did in San Francisco same as he is in Kansas City. In his "Magical" season of 2011 he lead the league in sacks. Last year he was #1 in sack percentage.

Need more weapons? He doesn't use the ones he has. Crabtree started to produce when Kap took over for Smith. So its no surprise Bowe's stats are down this year.

The problem with the offense is Alex Smith.

GordonGekko
11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
How good teams do it:

Step 1) target available prospect
Step 2) coach him up
Step 3) let him play
Step 4) decide if he sucks
Step 5) keep or replace
Repeat until elite qb is found.

Now here is the chiefs method of doing things:

Step 1) target qb that another team has given up on
Step 2) trade valuable picks and give lots of money to player
Step 3) be satisfied with mediocrity and proceed to draft lineman
Step 4) continue with starting non elite qb until fan revolt
Repeat through decades of regime changes.

Damn dude, beautiful...

Something also to note is that the Chiefs strategy does not yield championships or Superbowl game appearances in its decades of implementation.

Sorter
11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
This is what I try and tell people around here all the time. It's all about perspective.

Believe me.......fans in Dallas, Indy, Boston, Green Bay and Denver bitch about their QBs too.

Not intelligent fans

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 08:25 PM
People just need to get used to Alex Smith, because he's 29 years old and he's not going anywhere.

He was very effective the last few years in San Francisco, and he's been efficient, if not effective, here on a MUCH less talented offense.

They'll need to fix the offensive line and put some weapons around him.

But we for damn sure are not drafting a first round QB and turning a team that can expect to be in the postseason every year for the next few years over to a rookie. It doesn't make any sense and Reid and Dorsey aren't going to do that anyway.

If that ruins someone's day, maybe they should go follow the Jets?

Okay, so that's cool if they think they can make it work with Smith. But if I'm Dorsey, I wouldn't pay him anything more than the extension that Cassel got in 2009. In fact, I wouldn't pay him that number at all; it would have to be less.

With Alex Smith comes a need for a lights-out defense, and that can be a very difficult thing to maintain. You're basically forced to bat 1000 on 20-25 different players instead of just one (QB). You're going to need cap space, and giving Smith a contract beyond his actual worth will seriously hinder your chances of doing that.

That's what I'm talking about with talks of signing Maclin and 2-3 new starters on the offensive line. We don't have the funds to do anything like that AND guarantee that Berry and Houston will stay with the team beyond 2014. Surround him with weapons on offense? Okay, sure, but then you better get start drafting smart. You can't maintain the kind of deals you're giving out on defense PLUS signing all these free agent starters on offense.

That's why I'm against signing Maclin. Find those weapons in the draft. Dorsey's smart enough. He should be able to draft some freakin WRs. So do it.

That's the picture we've got with Alex Smith as our QB. Roster perfection from top to bottom is necessary.

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Fix the offensive line? Alex makes the offensive line suck. He takes fucking sacks like crazy. He did in San Francisco same as he is in Kansas City. In his "Magical" season of 2011 he lead the league in sacks. Last year he was #1 in sack percentage.

Need more weapons? He doesn't use the ones he has. Crabtree started to produce when Kap took over for Smith. So its no surprise Bowe's stats are down this year.

He likes TEs. Kinda. Supposedly. I've been told that, at least.

Ragged Robin
11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Fix the offensive line? Alex makes the offensive line suck. He takes ****ing sacks like crazy. He did in San Francisco same as he is in Kansas City. In his "Magical" season of 2011 he lead the league in sacks. Last year he was #1 in sack percentage.

Crabtree caught 3 TDs in Alex's last 20 passes as a 49er and was pretty much already on pace for 1k before Kaep entered the lineup. All that really happened was Vernon Davis's production went towards Crabtree when they made the switch.

Our right side of the line has been a disaster so far. They will probably let Albert walk and then move Fisher to the left side and then shore of the up right side in FA or draft another tackle.

Bowe has not lived up to his contract. Regardless of QB, he's been dropping routine passes that hit him in the hands and the amount of "big" plays have been way too few to make up for those mistakes. There have been multiple times where there's room infront of him to make a play but he steps out of bounds or trips and falls by himself (happened this past game). I'm just not seeing the heart out there which is funny because it looks like he goes all out when he's run blocking..

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Okay, so that's cool if they think they can make it work with Smith. But if I'm Dorsey, I wouldn't pay him anything more than the extension that Cassel got in 2009. In fact, I wouldn't pay him that number at all; it would have to be less.

With Alex Smith comes a need for a lights-out defense, and that can be a very difficult thing to maintain. You're basically forced to bat 1000 on 20-25 different players instead of just one (QB). You're going to need cap space, and giving Smith a contract beyond his actual worth will seriously hinder your chances of doing that.

That's what I'm talking about with talks of signing Maclin and 2-3 new starters on the offensive line. We don't have the funds to do anything like that AND guarantee that Berry and Houston will stay with the team beyond 2014. Surround him with weapons on offense? Okay, sure, but then you better get start drafting smart. You can't maintain the kind of deals you're giving out on defense PLUS signing all these free agent starters on offense.

That's why I'm against signing Maclin. Find those weapons in the draft. Dorsey's smart enough. He should be able to draft some freakin WRs. So do it.

That's the picture we've got with Alex Smith as our QB. Roster perfection from top to bottom is necessary.

So what you're saying is we need to sign quality free agents and draft quality players. I'll overnight this to Dorsey.

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 08:29 PM

This is what I don't understand either. Some people think that it's easier to go out and find an all star cast at OL, WR, TE, and RB to disguise a QB's weakness rather than just go replace that ONE GUY...

Ragged Robin
11-19-2013, 08:31 PM

Okay so all we have to do is draft a top 10, franchise QB. Got it. Never knew it was as simple as that!

Molitoth
11-19-2013, 08:32 PM
They will probably let Albert walk and then move Fisher to the left side and then shore of the up right side in FA or draft another tackle.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

I went back and watched the DVR of the Denver game today and saw how bad of an abortion Eric Fisher was. He's going to be awesome on the left side, can't wait!

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
So what you're saying is we need to sign quality free agents and draft quality players. I'll overnight this to Dorsey.

Or, you could be a sarcastic bitch and pretend not to read anything I wrote.

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Okay so all we have to do is draft a top 10, franchise QB. Got it. Never knew it was as simple as that!

You know, you and most other people that go, "A TOP 10 QB? LOL WUTS THAT? WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIND ONE? CANDYLAND?!" are one day going to find yourself with a top 10 QB in a Chiefs uniform. And when that happens, I think your heads will explode because you just won't know what the fuck you're looking at.

You're right. It IS as simple as that, but it does require patience, coaching and... oh yeah... a draft pick. And with the way contract negotiations can go, the Chiefs absolutely need to start thinking about the possibility that Alex Smith won't be our QB in 2015.

That's what a responsible franchise would do, anyway.

Sorter
11-19-2013, 10:29 PM

I went back and watched the DVR of the Denver game today and saw how bad of an abortion Eric Fisher was. He's going to be awesome on the left side, can't wait!

ROFL

Chiefs=Champions
11-19-2013, 10:31 PM
You know, you and most other people that go, "A TOP 10 QB? LOL WUTS THAT? WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIND ONE? CANDYLAND?!" are one day going to find yourself with a top 10 QB in a Chiefs uniform. And when that happens, I think your heads will explode because you just won't know what the **** you're looking at.

History says otherwise.

Gravedigger
11-19-2013, 10:40 PM

I'm not a Fisher apologist but Von Miller didn't get a sack in the game. That's saying something.

Red Dawg
11-19-2013, 10:41 PM

A rookie struggling? How is that possible. Giving up on Fisher is plain stupid. Ten games is all he gets? Name one top ten guy from this years draft that is not struggling. And don't give me the he was the first pick shit so he should automatically be a bad ass. He needs time to learn as well.

Sorter
11-19-2013, 10:47 PM
A rookie struggling? How is that possible. Giving up on Fisher is plain stupid. Ten games is all he gets? Name one top ten guy from this years draft that is not struggling. And don't give me the he was the first pick shit so he should automatically be a bad ass. He needs time to learn as well.

Warmack?

HolyHat
11-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Johnny Football will be pushing Bray soon /backs away slowly

RealSNR
11-19-2013, 11:12 PM

How about we let him prove that he can play in the NFL before just GIVING him the job of protecting the blindside of our QB with a concussion history?

Sorter
11-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Johnny Football will be pushing Smith soon /backs away slowly

http://img.pandawhale.com/81930-when-do-we-start-gif-Loki-Thor-9RhO.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You do realize that you're talking completely out of your ass on the subject of Smith/Dorsey, right?

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Warmack?

Ok, name 2!

Molitoth
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm not a Fisher apologist but Von Miller didn't get a sack in the game. That's saying something.

Von may have not recorded any sacks on the stat sheet, but I'd be interested in counting up how many QB pressures he had. Fisher got tossed around in run blocking.

Eleazar
11-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Or, you could be a sarcastic bitch and pretend not to read anything I wrote.

I'm not pretending.

Kingsburg#12
11-20-2013, 10:31 AM

No he shouldn't have. He carried that team for 3 years. Zero defense, zero running game, zero coaching, receivers that were way overrated because of Bray's arm, and an overrated o-line that benefited from Bray's incredible quick release. Check and see how Cordarrel Patterson and Justin Hunter are doing in their rookie years. Bray's reviews are much much better. Patterson never runs the right route and Hunter has no heart and is scared to cross the middle. He has alligator arms.
New HC Butch Jones runs a read option. NOT a offense suited for a tall pocket passer.
Bray has the best arm to enter the NFL in years in spite of awful footwork. People complain about the footwork to make people think that they know something. If you watch where the ball went, you will see it hit hit the receiver's hands. Denarious Moore was a 7th round project at best when Bray took over the last half of Bray's true freshman year bcuz. He finally had a QB that could throw past 10 yards accurately and he flourished.
Bray's biggest problem is he is a absolutely terrible interview and his vandalism scrape with the law. Coach Dooley threw Tyler under the bus bcuz he was fired. Bray and the rest of the Vols revolted on Dooley vs Vanderbilt last year. Dooley was just ranked #1 all time worst college football coaching hire.
He's 21 years old, has a solid coach and is maturing at a very rapid pace. I think his girlfriend is cleaning up the douchery.
Bray will be the #2 when camp opens or shortly thereafter. Haters and naysayers will be smoking his pole whenever he ousts Alex.
He won't have a career in broadcasting.

Chiefshrink
11-20-2013, 10:34 AM
won't happen but rather Andy drafts another QB and he will have serious competition for ALL !!:clap:

duncan_idaho
11-20-2013, 10:48 AM
No he shouldn't have. He carried that team for 3 years. Zero defense, zero running game, zero coaching, receivers that were way overrated because of Bray's arm, and an overrated o-line that benefited from Bray's incredible quick release. Check and see how Cordarrel Patterson and Justin Hunter are doing in their rookie years. Bray's reviews are much much better. Patterson never runs the right route and Hunter has no heart and is scared to cross the middle. He has alligator arms.
New HC Butch Jones runs a read option. NOT a offense suited for a tall pocket passer.
Bray has the best arm to enter the NFL in years in spite of awful footwork. People complain about the footwork to make people think that they know something. If you watch where the ball went, you will see it hit hit the receiver's hands. Denarious Moore was a 7th round project at best when Bray took over the last half of Bray's true freshman year bcuz. He finally had a QB that could throw past 10 yards accurately and he flourished.
Bray's biggest problem is he is a absolutely terrible interview and his vandalism scrape with the law. Coach Dooley threw Tyler under the bus bcuz he was fired. Bray and the rest of the Vols revolted on Dooley vs Vanderbilt last year. Dooley was just ranked #1 all time worst college football coaching hire.
He's 21 years old, has a solid coach and is maturing at a very rapid pace. I think his girlfriend is cleaning up the douchery.
Bray will be the #2 when camp opens or shortly thereafter. Haters and naysayers will be smoking his pole whenever he ousts Alex.
He won't have a career in broadcasting.

There are reasons to be excited about Bray - who does have big-time arm strength - but this type of post is a great example of people getting a little carried away with him.

Re: The bolded... yes, he has a big arm. But so do a lot of guys who have entered the league recently (Cutler, Stafford, Mallet, Flacco, Newton). He doesn't stand out from that crowd.

It also overlooks the severe issues he has had with inconsistency, accuracy, decision making, etc.

It's possible he can overcome that stuff with coaching and improved maturity (assuming he can improve there). But it's still an extreme long shot at this point.

KC_Lee
11-20-2013, 10:54 AM
It also overlooks the severe issues he has had with inconsistency, accuracy, decision making, etc.

This is the biggest issue with Bray. I watch him in college many a Saturday and saw him hit a receiver 30 yards down field, in stride, with a defender with great coverage and put the ball where only his receiver could catch it.

And then, on the very next play, would over-throw (and I mean Cassel-esque over-throw) a wide open receiver on a 5 yard out pattern.

His ceiling is a Farve gunslinger type QB, floor is Jeff George cannon arm and no accuracy.

Kingsburg#12
11-20-2013, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=KC_Lee;10207022]This is the biggest issue with Bray. I watch him in college many a Saturday and saw him hit a receiver 30 yards down field, in stride, with a defender with great coverage and put the ball where only his receiver could catch it.

And then, on the very next play, would over-throw (and I mean Cassel-esque over-throw) a wide open receiver on a 5 yard out /QUOTE]

Every QB occasionally overthrows a 5 out. Favre would do that alot early in games. Got too excited. Most like Alex scorch the grass in front of the WR. Lots of variables.

His offensive production over 3 seasons in college and his solid preseason play speak for themselves. Calling him an extreme Longshot is extremely stupid.

I'm comfortable predicting He'll have the best career of any QB from the '13 or' 14 class.

saphojunkie
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=KC_Lee;10207022]This is the biggest issue with Bray. I watch him in college many a Saturday and saw him hit a receiver 30 yards down field, in stride, with a defender with great coverage and put the ball where only his receiver could catch it.

And then, on the very next play, would over-throw (and I mean Cassel-esque over-throw) a wide open receiver on a 5 yard out /QUOTE]

Every QB occasionally overthrows a 5 out. Favre would do that alot early in games. Got too excited. Most like Alex scorch the grass in front of the WR. Lots of variables.

His offensive production over 3 seasons in college and his solid preseason play speak for themselves. Calling him an extreme Longshot is extremely stupid.

I'm comfortable predicting He'll have the best career of any QB from the '13 or' 14 class.

I'm not comfortable believing you.

Nightfyre
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
The only reason you would be "comfortable" predicting that Tyler Bray will have the best career of any QB from the '13 or '14 class is that you have nothing to lose. Hell, I doubt anyone is "comfortable" predicting that Andrew Luck will have the best career of any QB from the '12 class even to this day and he was the best QB prospect since Manning.

KC_Lee
11-20-2013, 11:25 AM

At what point did I call him a longshot?

FYI - I was wanting KC to draft Bray in the 4th or 5th round. Signing him as a UDFA made me happier than any other draft pick we made.

While I am a hopeful that Bray will learn how to play the position I am not so blinded that I do not see his issues and what he needs to work on to play QB in the NFL.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2013, 11:30 AM

His offensive production at Tennessee was NOT that special. Not sure what you're looking at there. Never completed 60 percent of his passes.

If we're going by preseason production, Chase Daniel is a superstar-in-waiting, based on his preseason play with the Saints.

The guy has a big arm and is tall. Those are great qualities. He also has enough other question marks that he slipped out of the draft entirely. That's why he's an extreme longshot.

Jakemall
11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Any time you can have a guy come up and push another out, it is a good thing....even if the guy you're pushing is Peyton Manning.

RealSNR
11-20-2013, 11:32 AM

I'm comfortable predicting He'll have the best career of any QB from the '13 or' 14 class.You wouldn't happen to be a Vols fan, would you?

Nightfyre
11-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Oh no SNR, he went to HS with Bray. My current theory is that he is a relative of Bray, but he denies it to this point.

RealSNR
11-20-2013, 11:36 AM
I went to high school with Ron Artest's cousin.

No, really, I did. Seriously.

Kingsburg#12
11-20-2013, 11:45 AM
You wouldn't happen to be a Vols fan, would you?

No, I'm not.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-20-2013, 11:47 AM
I went to school with Darren Sproles.

I win.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Tomahawk and Kingsburg should have a circle jerk to Tyler Bray.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Tomahawk and Kingsburg should have a circle jerk to Tyler Bray.

Are you a pervert in real life too?

The Franchise
11-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I went to school with Darren Sproles.

I win.

My best friend went to highschool with Chad Greenway.

Nightfyre
11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I played pee-wee football and went to HS with Dan Carpenter and he has more points than Darren Sproles, so obviously, I win.

Edit: Seriously though, he could punt the ball 50 yards in seventh grade.

Reerun_KC
11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I wish we didn't have to endure this same shit different player each year....

It seems people would get tired of it.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I played pee-wee football and went to HS with Dan Carpenter and he has more points than Darren Sproles, so obviously, I win.

My Grandpa's cousin is John Riggins...

I have super bowl MVP blood. :thumb:

Nightfyre
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
My Grandpa's cousin is John Riggins...

I have super bowl MVP blood. :thumb:

DAMMIT. I concede.

Kingsburg#12
11-20-2013, 11:56 AM
When Reid doesn't draft a QB, I'll be here for you to cry too. When Bray ascends to the highest Heights of the NFL, I will be here to say that I told you so.
I'm not a Chief fan, but your future is super bright offensively.

Nightfyre
11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
I hope he makes me eat crow - but I am not counting on it. And having watched our offense, "super bright" would be a little out of the trend-line.

Kingsburg#12
11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
At what point did I call him a longshot?

FYI - I was wanting KC to draft Bray in the 4th or 5th round. Signing him as a UDFA made me happier than any other draft pick we made.

While I am a hopeful that Bray will learn how to play the position I am not so blinded that I do not see his issues and what he needs to work on to play QB in the NFL.

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that you did. An idiot earlier said that. On my phone and quotes are difficult.
I am not blinded. There's chips that gotta fall and hurdles jumped. There's always a little good fortune needed as well. The Arm talent is there, Just need good coaching and effort. However, when morons overlook bcuz of UDFA status, I jump in.

HemiEd
11-20-2013, 01:54 PM

If you ignore history, you are destined to repeat it, and they have. I for one, still think they were directed to make the Alex Smith trade or something similar.

HemiEd
11-20-2013, 02:34 PM
I wish we didn't have to endure this same shit different player each year....

It seems people would get tired of it.

You really don't have to.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to infer that you did. An idiot earlier said that. On my phone and quotes are difficult.
I am not blinded. There's chips that gotta fall and hurdles jumped. There's always a little good fortune needed as well. The Arm talent is there, Just need good coaching and effort. However, when morons overlook bcuz of UDFA status, I jump in.

He's a longshot for the reasons he slipped out of the draft. Not because he slipped out of the draft.

1) He's an immature douchebag
2) He makes bad decisions/boneheaded decisions
3) He's inconsistent (effort, accuracy, etc)
4) He's a statue in the pocket
5) He relies too much on his arm strength and takes chances with throw because of it
6) His mechanics are inconsistent (which causes some of the issues with his accuracy)

Now, each of those things is something that CAN be fixed with good coaching, but there are an awful lot of "ifs" regarding him.

I hope the guy turns out to be a stud for the Chiefs. But the odds are stacked against him. Shoot, the odds are against ANY QB entering the league being a good starter.

People are getting awfully carried away with expectations for him because he's got a big arm, was moderately successful in the SEC, and made some nice throws in preseason. Premature.

DBOSHO
11-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I thought he looked pretty damn good against green bay in the last preseason game.

And yes, im aware it was a preseason game and he was playing against scrubs. He was also playing with scrubs.

Im on board with whoever suggested we cut daniel, draft a qb and have them compete for 2nd string next year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure that Dorsey looked at our ass-wipe of an offensive roster and said to himself:

"Holy Shit! We're fucking loaded! I'll go ahead and sign off on Andy's man-crush because a sub-par game manager is ALL WE NEED TO GET THIS TRUCK ROLLIN'"!

:drool: