PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did anyone hear Bill Maas about NFL fixing games

Nzoner
11-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I didn't and was hoping someone could fill me in.Fescoe and Kling were talking about it but I got in way too late.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Love some good Maas ragin'.

SNORRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

seaofred
11-19-2013, 10:14 AM
He implied that the NFL asked the Chiefs not to "hurt" Manning, so they could have better TV ratings next Sunday night for Patriot vs. Bronco's. Said he thinks that because we only blitzed 6 times and never shot two LB's up the "A" gaps.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 10:15 AM
He implied that the NFL asked the Chiefs not to "hurt" Manning, so they could have better TV ratings next Sunday night for Patriot vs. Bronco's. Said he thinks that because we only blitzed 6 times and never shot two LB's up the "A" gaps.

Jesus, Maas. I hope he was joking.

seaofred
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Jesus, Maas. I hope he was joking.

He wasn't. :rolleyes:

Nzoner
11-19-2013, 10:18 AM

Awesome,so in the rematch at Arrowhead Sutton gets to release the hounds.

REDHOTGTO
11-19-2013, 10:19 AM
so does this mean we CAN hurt him at arrowhead?

gblowfish
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
"These allegations are total fabrications by Mr. Maas. Perhaps he is suffering from another steroid induced bout of hallucinations. My client, Mr. Roger Goodell, vehemently denies these false accusations."

Sincerely,
Percival A. Friend - esq.
Attorney for Roger Goodell

Simply Red
11-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Great job Maas, snort another line of blow you fat retard.

Nzoner
11-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Great job Maas, snort another line of blow you fat retard.

From the fwiw department,do you realize both primetime games this last week had the Vegas spread and Over/Under still in play with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Denver -7 1/2 O/U 49

Carolina -3 O/U 46

Frazod
11-19-2013, 10:28 AM

Well, those nice officials who refuse to call multiple blatant holds are certainly onboard.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 10:31 AM
"These allegations are total fabrications by Mr. Maas. Perhaps he is suffering from another steroid induced bout of hallucinations. My client, Mr. Roger Goodell, vehemently denies these false accusations."

Sincerely,
Percival A. Friend - esq.
Attorney for Roger Goodell

I figured Nathan Thurm would be Goodell's lawyer.

trndobrd
11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Well, those nice officials who refuse to call multiple blatant holds are certainly onboard.

ding, ding, ding

Radar Chief
11-19-2013, 10:37 AM

That’s supposed to be a penalty? I thought Tamba Hali was handing out piggy back rides because he’s just that nice of a guy.

Fritz88
11-19-2013, 10:38 AM

I don't buy it. But if true then that's a problem, I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Bill Maas needs more napkins.

gblowfish

Nathan Thurm RULES!
But he works for Big Oil now...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FOLBQxk72NY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
I doubt it's true; but if it ever did come to light that it was, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

gblowfish
11-19-2013, 10:40 AM
If proven true, could you imagine the lawsuits against Vegas sports books? Or season ticket holders suing teams? Mass chaos!

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 10:41 AM
If proven true, could you imagine the lawsuits against Vegas sports books? Or season ticket holders suing teams? Mass chaos!

Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

The Franchise
11-19-2013, 10:46 AM
I doubt it's true; but if it ever did come to light that it was, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

This.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Nothing that happens in professional sports is above suspicion

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM

Some NFL owners have direct ties to Vegas.
Don't be naive.

KC_Lee
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM

If it is true then KC players should go all WWE and start grabbing folding chairs and smacking opposing players with them.

Rain Man
11-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Apparently we were also told not to hurt Jeff Tuel.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Professional sports are multi billion dollar industries both legally and illegally. To believe no shenanigans exist is beyond naive.

Calcountry
11-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Hey, it must be the money!

saphojunkie
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM

This, as much as any other reason, is why we should trade up to draft a QB first overall. Get a top QB and your OL improves immediately... because the refs stop calling holding penalties.

big nasty kcnut
11-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't doubt it at all. Look with the money the nfl getting they needed to protect peyton as long as possible. Beside that if Peyton get hurt they lose a NFL poster child.

Chief Roundup
11-19-2013, 11:10 AM
This, as much as any other reason, is why we should trade up to draft a QB first overall. Get a top QB and your OL improves immediately... because the refs stop calling holding penalties.

Alex Smith was drafted at 1.1

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
11-19-2013, 11:13 AM

You have to wonder what was going on. We had 2 weeks to prepare for Manning and we were well rested and we couldn't hit Manning 1 time, 1 frekin time! What other explanation can there be. The same theory can also explain how these raw rookie quarterbacks are magically performing like seasoned veterans against good defenses. It benefits the NFL to have offenses score more points. Fans want to see touchdowns not 9-6 defensive struggles. Think about it people and put 2 and 2 together. Hopefully on December 1st our training wheels will come off and we can have free reign at Peyton!

Bearcat
11-19-2013, 11:14 AM
It's not guaranteed, so they should keep drafting linemen.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM

Yep. More worthless LTs

blaise
11-19-2013, 11:22 AM
I think the conspiracy against your team talk is more or less rock bottom.

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 11:27 AM
You can't say the Donk game was not fixed. When the # 1 D. does not even get a hand on manning because of the scrubs constant holding-that is not just a coincidence.

nychief
11-19-2013, 11:35 AM
mass is back on the crack.

jspchief
11-19-2013, 11:37 AM
You can't say the Donk game was not fixed. When the # 1 D. does not even get a hand on manning because of the scrubs constant holding-that is not just a coincidence.

The #1 D hasn't had an effective pass rush for 4 games in a row.

notorious
11-19-2013, 11:40 AM
The #1 D hasn't had an effective pass rush for 4 games in a row.

This.

I think the defense was preparing for Manning by dropping 6-7 into coverage, then our pass rush magically disappears.

Our horses are either wore-out, or they are being held back by scheme ala Crennel.

Dartgod
11-19-2013, 11:41 AM

I can.

The game was not fixed. Yes, there were some missed holding calls. There always is. The #1 reason we could not get to Manning is that he was getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less the majority of the time.

I heard a stat on the radio last night, that out of 24 passes in the first half, he release 20 of them in 2.5 seconds or less.

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 11:45 AM
I can.

The game was not fixed. Yes, there were some missed holding calls. There always is. The #1 reason we could not get to Manning is that he was getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less the majority of the time.

I heard a stat on the radio last night, that out of 24 passes in the first half, he release 20 of them in 2.5 seconds or less.

That was the worst called game in favor of one team I have ever seen. And yes a lot of those passes were floaters and incomplete. Until he figured out they were going to hold and push off on the rookie and get away with it-we had him in check.

donks are the biggest cheaters of all time.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
While Denver receivers love his quick release, Manning's wife does not.

BigMeatballDave
11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Chiefs lost due a lousy offense. Period.

They had plenty of chances to put up points. The Chiefs D forced Denver into 3, 3 and outs to begin the 2nd half.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 11:49 AM

They had plenty of chances to put up points. The Chiefs D forced Denver into 3, 3 and outs to begin the 2nd half.

Well stated.

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
This.

I think the defense was preparing for Manning by dropping 6-7 into coverage, then our pass rush magically disappears.

Our horses are either wore-out, or they are being held back by scheme ala Crennel.

I saw on some program how teams prepare for Manning, given that by the time your team is up on the schedule he's got most of your scheme memorized. They do this by installing entirely new packages into their defense that week, so they can play more dime defense but also so that he will see looks he hasn't seen before.

I think it was just a game plan that failed. They came up with an idea, probably modeled after something the Colts did earlier in the year, but it didn't work this time because our pass rushers couldn't beat their offensive line.

I'm guessing we'll see some entirely new strategy against them in a couple of weeks.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I can.

On top of that we only rushed 4 on 3/4ths of Manning's passing downs.

Stupid...

Rausch
11-19-2013, 11:54 AM
I think it was just a game plan that failed.

This. We changed what we do fearing what Manning can do.

Think what would have happened if Del Rio would have said "our o line sucks and Manning is hurt. We're going to run the football and play good defense."

If the Donks had changed what they do to beat us they would have lost...

Bearcat
11-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I can.

Yep, Manning has been sacked 13 times all season, and anyone who's watched him at all in the past knows he has a very quick release... and with his injuries and the Chiefs' defense coming into town, it's no surprise they would game plan around it.

And also considering 1) Hali is part of some pretty bad non-calls in many games, and 2) you can find a hundred posts in every game thread crying about holding, it wasn't that much worse the other night.

The chicken little stuff after losses is bad enough... crying about the game being fixed is even more juvenile.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Brady is due a huge make up call at home next week then.

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't think the NFL is fixing any one game in particular, but I do believe the NFL has privately instructed refs to look the other way with regard to holding by LT's and it is just a natural effect with regard to specific teams -- the teams with better QB's like Pats & Peytons are being told how to get away with holds. When Manning reviews tape, he is looking for how the reffing behavior performs, as well.

Not really a new concept. When I played in college, we knew what we could and could not get away with according to the refs we'd be assigned that game day.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Some say love is like The Razor
It leaves Peyton's soul to bleed

ciaomichael
11-19-2013, 12:10 PM

No, Percival A. Friend is much better suited. After all, he managed some great wrestlers including Roger "Nature Boy" Kirby, Lord Alfred Hayes, Black Angus, Tokyo Joe and Togo the Great. His little briefcase and stocking cap are legendary.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 12:30 PM
The. Whole no blitz thing just worries me. Stick with what you do best.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
there is just no way the NFL could fix games and keep it a secret

as coaches,players retired someone would write a tell-all book or something

it would never last

fan4ever
11-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Like I've said before, probably along with many others, is the last thing the powers that be want is to have Manning seriously hurt...with all the black eyes the NFL has taken lately, the last thing they'd want is Peyton having a career ending injury...and even more scrutiny on how violent the game is. I think the Oline in front of every marquee QB in this league gets away with a little extra.

If NFL games are influenced, I think it's at the referee level; can't imagine them contacting teams asking them to take it easy on an opposing QB...but Bill Mass has more access to the inner workings of the NFL than I do so who knows?

Rausch
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
...but Bill Mass has more access to the inner workings of the NFL than I do so who knows?

I doubt it at this point.

If anything the NFL might make a point of stressing that late/illegal hits will be called and fined...

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
blitzing is a misconception on the cp board. the Chiefs were playing a five man DL with DJ the only backer pretty much all night. Keeping DJ at the lone backer position kept Peyton honest -- it kept him from handing the ball off all night for huge gains up the middle because DJ is going to be the lone wrecking ball on this, nowadays -- he's that good.

blitzing a safety up the middle wasn't gonna happen either -- that Manning OL is good in the middle, they shut Poe down all night and clogged the middle very effectively during pass plays.

Sutton split Hali & Houston out at the nine tech spot and Houston was better at getting there because Houston is faster & much quicker than Hali is.

I expected them to line this team up 9 wide with a nickel/dime pkg pretty much all night and they did that. I hoped Poe would do damage up the middle -- it was the only way to get Manning off his game. But Poe didn't do well against that interior line. Those guys are good players.

BigRichard
11-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Is this true?

Yes it's true...

This man has no dick.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/michael_mccann/09/07/saints-suspensions-overturned/roger-goodell.jpg

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
and he wears the hat of monopoly
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1230

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Too many people to keep a conspiracy like that quiet. However, there is no doubt in my mind that individual players and refs have intentionally altered dozens, if not hundreds, of gambling spreads.

Point shaving is not just the realm of college basketball, nor are crooked referees the domain of the NBA alone.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Too many people to keep a conspiracy like that quiet. However, there is no doubt in my mind that individual players and refs have intentionally altered dozens, if not hundreds, of gambling spreads.

Point shaving is not just the realm of college basketball, nor are crooked referees the domain of the NBA alone.

You are right. Lots of money at stake.

jerryforeverrice80
11-19-2013, 01:02 PM
the NFL would never fix games.

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Well, as funny as it is to have him say it out loud, it's a pretty good question nonetheless. I love it because it'll, perhaps, get out into the wild and the NFL will have a bit more damage control to have to deal with, and at this point there's not enough of that that can be had to further point-out the hypocrisy that is the WWFL.

Needless to say, not one double-A gap blitz in the whole game is a quality question that should be answered.

I hate to see the D asked too many questions because they are the only good part of this team, but it's glaring at a minimum.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:07 PM
You are right. Lots of money at stake.

The TV money is the motivator, not Vegas.

The NFL wants to continue to put a great product on the screen. Guys like Manning, Rodgers, Brees, need to play...

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I would put "Vegas" type money, both above and below the table, on par with the TV money.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
I would put "Vegas" type money, both above and below the table, on par with the TV money.

So there's a guaranteed legal and direct pipeline from Vegas to the NFL?

TV contracts are made money. You don't fuck that up...

gblowfish
11-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't think the NFL can outright "fix" the game, but the refs can certainly influence the ebb and flow.

This is a snapshot from Denver's first offensive series. It's third and five. Manning throws a little three step drop pass to Thomas for a first down, barely over the marker line. The left tackle LITERALLY wraps his forearm around Hali's throat to stop his rush on Manning. The ref is standing right there watching it, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and throws no flag.

This was on Denver's first offensive series, so Hali, Sutton and the rest of the Chiefs D knew what they were up against early. It's hard to blitz Manning because he's so smart he beats blitzes easily. So you have to get to him with your basic rush. And if Denver's line is getting away with this, you know it was going to be a long night.

http://i40.tinypic.com/3134w8g.jpg

crossbow
11-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Why was Green Bay excluded from the QB "witness protection" program? Their man got creamed.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, as funny as it is to have him say it out loud, it's a pretty good question nonetheless. I love it because it'll, perhaps, get out into the wild and the NFL will have a bit more damage control to have to deal with, and at this point there's not enough of that that can be had to further point-out the hypocrisy that is the WWFL.

Needless to say, not one double-A gap blitz in the whole game is a quality question that should be answered.

I hate to see the D asked too many questions because they are the only good part of this team, but it's glaring at a minimum.
I think the Chiefs just thought that Blitzing Manning wasn't worth it. They were correct more or less. Our defense did a pretty good job.

Seems Reid really did coach the game trying to avoid being embarrassed as much as he did to win. I think Reid believes he doesn't have the talent yet on offense to compete at the highest level.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Why was Green Bay excluded from the QB "witness protection" program? Their man got creamed.

The NFL can't control everything all the time. Bad luck.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:35 PM

This week or are you talking about Rodgers behind a craptastic O line?...

gblowfish
11-19-2013, 01:37 PM
This week or are you talking about Rodgers behind a craptastic O line?...

He should have kicked back some of his $ from the discount daaable check commercials to Goodell...then the refs may have protected him better.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:38 PM
GB's OLine may be worse than ours.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 01:39 PM
He should have kicked back some of his $ from the discount daaable check commercials to Goodell...then the refs may have protected him better.

If that line gave him the time to double check he'd still be in there...

Eleazar
11-19-2013, 01:42 PM

Perhaps they've amped it up after losing one of their prime marketing tools earlier this year.

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think the NFL can outright "fix" the game, but the refs can certainly influence the ebb and flow.

This is a snapshot from Denver's first offensive series. It's third and five. Manning throws a little three step drop pass to Thomas for a first down, barely over the marker line. The left tackle LITERALLY wraps his forearm around Hali's throat to stop his rush on Manning. The ref is standing right there watching it, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and throws no flag.

This was on Denver's first offensive series, so Hali, Sutton and the rest of the Chiefs D knew what they were up against early. It's hard to blitz Manning because he's so smart he beats blitzes easily. So you have to get to him with your basic rush. And if Denver's line is getting away with this, you know it was going to be a long night.

yep. I made the comment about this play yesterday. thx for posting that shot. I don't know how much more obvious it could be.

TEX
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM

Exactly what I have been talking about. It happened 4 additional times that I could tell. NOT ONCE was it called. WTF is the official looking at??? It's RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! That's why they were talking about the non calls on the radio here in Houston yesterday. Nick Wright (yes the one and the same) said he counted 6 choke holds on Tamba Hali and not one was called. Then he said,"At least the officials were consistent - consistently bad." He said if you're not gonna call it at LEAST ONCE, it's gonna happen THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME, just as it did. He was correct. As if that wasn't enough, the afternoon guys picked up the same take and said when the officials miss blatant calls consistently, it feeds tho whole "FIX theory" talk. Again, they're right. Keep in mind this was happening on Houston radio about a Chiefs/Bronco game -...:hmmm:

Mr. Plow
11-19-2013, 01:48 PM

MOAR LINEMAN!!!!11!!

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, those nice officials who refuse to call multiple blatant holds are certainly onboard.This. It seemed pretty clear that the Donx tackles knew they could hold and not be penalized.

vailpass
11-19-2013, 01:55 PM

The US government was behind 9/11...

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 01:57 PM

Grassy knoll.

Strongside
610 was posing the question:

Would you be more upset if you found out that the NFL was fixed or that your girlfriend/wife was cheating on you?

NFL for me.

Discuss Thrower
I've accepted the holds as part of the game at this point. The TV networks want offense, and offense is generated through elite QBs.

Deal with it.

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2013, 02:00 PM

Would you be more upset if you found out that the NFL was fixed or that your girlfriend/wife was cheating on you?

NFL for me.

Gotta vote NFL.

TEX
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM

Guess they had guys 5 feet away from the terrorists, whose job it was to stop it, but chose not to as well...:rolleyes:

crossbow
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Listen,

"If you like your holding calls you can keep your holding calls."
"If you like your sacks you can keep your sacks."
"The Affordable NFL Act is all about parity and fairness."

No hidden agenda here. Move on.

Rausch
11-19-2013, 02:06 PM

NFL for me.

Ditto.

I can get a new wife...

Randallflagg
11-19-2013, 02:08 PM

I have watched the NFL for nearly 50 years. I have seen the "changes" over the years within the rules. I have always wondered why it is that the NFL is the only sport that MUST produce an injury list each week. So Vegas can set the lines? Big dollars on the line each week.

This year is particularly bad with the refs. Every week it seems to get worse. We've all seen it over and over. You watch as the refs see the blatant fouls (regardless of the teams) and never throw the flag - or, if they do, more often than not we hear those famous words "There is no foul on the play" No foul? Why throw the damned flag then?

Fixed? Don't know. But it sure seems shady at best…and it seems to be getting worse every year.

vailpass
11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Guess they had guys 5 feet away from the terrorists, whose job it was to stop it, but chose not to as well...:rolleyes:

KC's D played a hell of a game, I haven't seen Denver's O throttled like that all season. D played well enough to win it if their O would have done their part.
Blaming the refs, conjuring up impossible conspiracy theories, or any other excuses is weak.
Every team has those fans, Denver included. And I'd be just as quick to call bullshit on one of my own as I would a rival fan.
Probably quicker, to save the embarrassment.

Sannyasi
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM
There's a general understanding with holding that the refs could call holding every play, but they have to keep the game going. Instead, they only flag the occasional hold to still discourage players from holding while keeping the action from coming to a screeching halt. Its not a conspiracy against the Chiefs, and our Oline holds as much as any in the league.

Garcia Bronco
11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Anytime a call doesn't go their way (Boston), the game is rigged. They literally can't believe that they lost.

Garcia Bronco
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
yep. I made the comment about this play yesterday. thx for posting that shot. I don't know how much more obvious it could be.

That's not holding though as long as he's even or in front of the defender. Charles big run in the 1st half had a hold (or what looked like a hold). My point is it's hard to determine holds in the split seconds unless some gets tackled.

Radar Chief
11-19-2013, 02:37 PM
There's a general understanding with holding that the refs could call holding every play, but they have to keep the game going. Instead, they only flag the occasional hold to still discourage players from holding while keeping the action from coming to a screeching halt. Its not a conspiracy against the Chiefs, and our Oline holds as much as any in the league.

They should’ve been holding more since Smith got sacked 3 times.

keg in kc
11-19-2013, 02:42 PM
That's not holding though as long as he's even or in front of the defender. Charles big run in the 1st half had a hold (or what looked like a hold). My point is it's hard to determine holds in the split seconds unless some gets tackled.I think most of the time when we're talking about holding not being called, it's the kind where a tackle has an arm wrapped around Hali's neck from behind. And that's not something that's limited to when we play the Broncos. It's happened literally every week for as long as he's been in the league. I don't think I've seen another guy so blatantly held as often as he is with so few calls.

seaofred
11-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Does Tamba ever say anything to the ref's about it? Some players throw a fit to the refs, if Tamba doesn't maybe that is why they never call it?

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 03:01 PM

If the Oline didn't hold Hali there- manning would have been hit hard and the whole game would have been different. He probably would have coughed the ball up like he always does when he is sacked.

MMXcalibur
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM

I prefer Maas Chaos.

xztop123
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Why not blitz the hell out of Manning?

I know that intentionally telling players to go after players previous injuries (ala the NO saints) is very illegal... But blitzing and INTENTIONALLY PUTTING HITS on a divisional rival QB is what football is. I have no idea why we didn't put Peyton on his back

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I have watched the NFL for nearly 50 years. I have seen the "changes" over the years within the rules. I have always wondered why it is that the NFL is the only sport that MUST produce an injury list each week. So Vegas can set the lines? Big dollars on the line each week.

This year is particularly bad with the refs. Every week it seems to get worse. We've all seen it over and over. You watch as the refs see the blatant fouls (regardless of the teams) and never throw the flag - or, if they do, more often than not we hear those famous words "There is no foul on the play" No foul? Why throw the damned flag then?

Fixed? Don't know. But it sure seems shady at best…and it seems to be getting worse every year.

Nobody thought they could FIX a World Series either.

MMXcalibur
11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Ditto.

I can get a new wife...

Oh, I 'm sorry, you must have forgot about the UFL!

mikey23545
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
If you half wits actually believe the game is rigged, why would you even watch the games? Why be a fan?

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 03:07 PM
The TV money is the motivator, not Vegas.

The NFL wants to continue to put a great product on the screen. Guys like Manning, Rodgers, Brees, need to play...

I am sick of the refs and the NFL bending the rules and giving Star Treatment to a few to sell more pizzas and advertising. The greedy bastards are ruining the sport.

There was absolutely no way they were going to let manning get hit and miss the revenue from the Manning / Brady 14 bowl.

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 03:08 PM
If you half wits actually believe the game is rigged, why would you even watch the games? Why be a fan?

Nobody believed Boxing and wrestling was fixed either. Now they know it is and still watch it.

Anyong Bluth
11-19-2013, 03:11 PM

You can dismiss Bill as crazy, and the league doesn't have to be the ones involved, but isn't it almost as crazy to think that there are no officials or incidents of outside influence affecting games?

Everyone keeps pointing out how random the rules and calls seem to be enforced on a whim this season.

No, I don't think that it is some grand conspiracy, but I don't think it's any more likely that all 100% of games officials are clean.

Does anyone truly think every ref in the NFL is absolutely not on the take or even personally biased for or against teams in the NFL.

As for Goodell. Look at his roots before becoming the commissioner. Head of marketing- his major focus was and is on the growth and popularity of the league. Creating hype and "storylines" is definitely a big deal for increasing interest in the sport. Expanding the Thursday night games, spreading the Draft over more days to make it more of an event, pushing for an 18 game regular season, having 1, now 2 London games and pushing for some full 8 game schedule of 1 or more teams to play in London. They're even expanding the flex schedule to put on the flavor of the week hot game and feature it nationally. It's "must see tv" that draws in otherwise casual fans that will now be way more likely to tune in.

Everything is about making the NFL more of a daily topic of conversation - both during the season, the Draft, and if possible even in the offseason.

They don't have to overtly make it fixed, like some pointed to the WWE, but guidance on how to enforce or ignore "x" or "y" rules can definitely shape how a game plays out. To some degree they do want scripted tv, and they are well aware of who their stars are and how to generate more and more buzz.

The Panther's has now created a number of topics of debate- 1st how it ended.
2nd, how good is Carolina, now?
3rd, how will the Patriots respond with another showcase game against Denver coming up Sunday night.

They don't need to make the games fixed- they've been changing the rules to favor more offense and guiding the officials on how to call the game so they are getting the same thing without the need to be overt about it.

Halfcan
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
You can dismiss Bill as crazy, and the league doesn't have to be the ones involved, but isn't it almost as crazy to think that there are no officials or incidents of outside influence affecting games?

Everyone keeps pointing out how random the rules and calls seem to be enforced on a whim this season.

No, I don't think that it is some grand conspiracy, but I don't think it's any more likely that all 100% of games officials are clean.

Does anyone truly think every ref in the NFL is absolutely not on the take or even personally biased for or against teams in the NFL.

As for Goodell. Look at his roots before becoming the commissioner. Head of marketing- his major focus was and is on the growth and popularity of the league. Creating hype and "storylines" is definitely a big deal for increasing interest in the sport. Expanding the Thursday night games, spreading the Draft over more days to make it more of an event, pushing for an 18 game regular season, having 1, now 2 London games and pushing for some full 8 game schedule of 1 or more teams to play in London. They're even expanding the flex schedule to put on the flavor of the week hot game and feature it nationally. It's "must see tv" that draws in otherwise casual fans that will now be way more likely to tune in.

Everything is about making the NFL more of a daily topic of conversation - both during the season, the Draft, and if possible even in the offseason.

They don't have to overtly make it fixed, like some pointed to the WWE, but guidance on how to enforce or ignore "x" or "y" rules can definitely shape how a game plays out. To some degree they do want scripted tv, and they are well aware of who their stars are and how to generate more and more buzz.

3rd, how will the Patriots respond with another showcase game against Denver coming up Sunday night.

They don't need to make the games fixed- they've been changing the rules to favor more offense and guiding the officials on how to call the game so they are getting the same thing without the need to be overt about it.

:thumb: Excellent post!

Anyong Bluth
11-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't think the NFL is fixing any one game in particular, but I do believe the NFL has privately instructed refs to look the other way with regard to holding by LT's and it is just a natural effect with regard to specific teams -- the teams with better QB's like Pats & Peytons are being told how to get away with holds.
When Manning reviews tape, he is looking for how the reffing behavior performs, as well.

Not really a new concept. When I played in college, we knew what we could and could not get away with according to the refs we'd be assigned that game day.

Great point, and I can't believe I haven't thought of that before.

Every team scouts opposing teams and keeps information on them- baseball does this even more for pitchers and hitters.

A team scouting and keeping a profile of all the individual officials and crews to know their tendencies and such would seem like a rather useful tool.

Yes, I'm sure guys are aware in general that X official calls holding much tighter, or Y official will let the defense maintain contact a few yards past the 5 yard rule.
But, more in depth could help with gaining advantage and determining play calling.

Say an official calls holding right around the average- nothing based on this info seems helpful. However, if you looked at the numbers, what if 75% or more of the calls they made were on only the Left and Right Tackles. Don't you think you would use this information to help you call some plays that could spring your back for a long run, or know you can assign more help to the outside as the interior guys will probably be able to get away with more?

I seriously wonder if any teams do such a thing, but I only think that it would be a huge benefit to do so.

Dartgod
11-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobody thought they could FIX a World Series either.

Yep, and I'm surprised more people aren't aware that this can happen. I mean, it's only been what? 94 years ago?

Anyong Bluth
11-19-2013, 03:41 PM
The NFL can't control everything all the time. Bad luck.

They don't have to, only a handful of plays can make a huge difference in a game.
What does the game look like if Thomas does get a 70 yarder and is called for pushing off to create separation, or on that big 3rd down that Welker caught that was an obvious pick play as you watch. Flowers have to go all the way around to get him and they picked up the 1st down. What about the no call for holding or PI on the 3rd and 5 play when it was obvious and Reid went off on the ref for no flag.

You don't have to fix every play. Even 3, 4, 5, 6 plays can make a major difference.

Anyong Bluth
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
KC's D played a hell of a game, I haven't seen Denver's O throttled like that all season. D played well enough to win it if their O would have done their part.
Blaming the refs, conjuring up impossible conspiracy theories, or any other excuses is weak.
Every team has those fans, Denver included. And I'd be just as quick to call bullshit on one of my own as I would a rival fan.
Probably quicker, to save the embarrassment.

It's a discussion on it in general. People are talking about that game and last night's game simply because it just happened. This isn't about trying to dismiss that Denver won, so you don't have to defend your win on Sunday.

Radar Chief
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Yep, and I'm surprised more people aren't aware that this can happen. I mean, it's only been what? 94 years ago?

Damn that short term memory loss! /Jay

Mr. Laz
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
refs can definitely be bias and/or crooked
league is definitely putting rules in place that favor teams with Elite QB's because they bring ratings

organized rigging is highly doubtful

vailpass
11-19-2013, 03:53 PM
It's a discussion on it in general. People are talking about that game and last night's game simply because it just happened. This isn't about trying to dismiss that Denver won, so you don't have to defend your win on Sunday.

I've never met a win I felt I had to defend. Hope you haven't either.

Nzoner
11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
there is just no way the NFL could fix games and keep it a secret

as coaches,players retired someone would write a tell-all book or something

it would never last

Oh there's books on the subject,in fact I own these three

The Dark Side Of The Game,written by former player Tim Green (http://www.amazon.com/DARK-SIDE-GAME-Tim-Green-ebook/dp/B007NPT1AU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384898361&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+side+of+the+game)

Interference:How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football (http://www.amazon.com/Interference-Organized-Influences-Professional-Football/dp/068808303X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384898480&sr=1-1&keywords=interference+how+organized+crime+influences+professional+football)

The Fix Is In (http://www.amazon.com/The-Fix-Is-In-Manipulations/dp/1932595813)

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
That's not holding though as long as he's even or in front of the defender. Charles big run in the 1st half had a hold (or what looked like a hold). My point is it's hard to determine holds in the split seconds unless some gets tackled.

when it happened live, I thought it was a headlock, which should be holding, though I don't keep up with rule changes.

Albert tends to not actually break the rules of holding, but I'd have to look at the play to opine. I just bought NFL Rewind so I may go back and look at this game sometime this week and make a comment.

Ace Gunner
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM

while I think of it, I would like you and any other Denver fan on this board to know my opinion about the loss sunday is that Denver whipped KC's ass -- no matter what officials did during that game.

KC wilted before they ever stepped on the field that day. Reid & the staff really opened the PB for this one as I expected and the team simply was ovewhelmed imo. They looked as if it were the first game of the season under a new system. It was new -- new PB territory.

GoChargers
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM
refs can definitely be bias and/or crooked
league is definitely putting rules in place that favor teams with Elite QB's because they bring ratings
Agreed.

organized rigging is highly doubtful
The rules are punishing defenses and directly affecting the game to ensure a desired outcome as best they can.... certainly raises suspicion at the very least.

dallaschiefsfan
11-19-2013, 05:41 PM
I do NOT buy into Maas' conspiracy theory. Having said that...

While you can't be too blatant about it, I wonder why someone just didn't concede a late-hit 15 yard penalty and roll over on Manning's ankle. It's a little dirty, but once you realize they weren't going to call holding too close on Manning, just play with the cards you're dealt and make a strategic decision and take your lumps. Like it or not, the NFL is treating these guys like glass and so we might reach a point where the cost/benefit of a penalty is worth getting hits on a guy who hates being hit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Perhaps the greatest argument of all for why I should IMMEDIATELY revise my QB drafting demands.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
I didn't and was hoping someone could fill me in.Fescoe and Kling were talking about it but I got in way too late.

I haven't heard. But if they do I hope one of them involves the Chiefs this January and we're on the winning end lol.

T-post Tom
11-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Nathan Thurm RULES!
But he works for Big Oil now...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FOLBQxk72NY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

T-post Tom
11-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Well if the refs refuse to call pick plays vs Denver, Reid should run them all day.

Gravedigger
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Most of me thinks, "Oh Bill Maas, you so crazy!" But then I think why would a person accuse Roger Goddell of such slanderous things, knowing the power of the Commissioner, if it weren't even the slightest bit true. I mean you risk some serious legal scruff if you say the wrong thing and blast someone on the radio like that. I think about 25% of it could be true. Maybe players and former/current broadcasters know how things work a little differently then we ever get to see.

blaise
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Just a side note about 610. Danny Parkins seems to have just decided to only tweet what's coming up on his show or retweet people who say things like, "Listening to Danny Parkins! Great interview!"

vailpass
11-19-2013, 07:01 PM
while I think of it, I would like you and any other Denver fan on this board to know my opinion about the loss sunday is that Denver whipped KC's ass -- no matter what officials did during that game.

KC wilted before they ever stepped on the field that day. Reid & the staff really opened the PB for this one as I expected and the team simply was ovewhelmed imo. They looked as if it were the first game of the season under a new system. It was new -- new PB territory.

I admire your objectivity though I didn't see it as an ass kicking. More like Denver holding home court in a division game.
Won't surprise me to see us split, as we usually do...

Contrarian
11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
ding, ding, ding

DING DONG MUTHA FUCKA DING DONG!!!!

11-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Well, they should always call the blatant holds. I'm sick of them calling the occasional ticky tack hold and ignoring the choke holds.

Chiefaholic
11-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Perhaps the greatest argument of all for why I should IMMEDIATELY revise my QB drafting demands.

Your and idiot [/CP slang]

Chiefaholic
11-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Well, they should always call the blatant holds. I'm sick of them calling the occasional ticky tack hold and ignoring the choke holds.

I agree.. If the black and white threw a flag for every infraction, it would screw up game planning. When a team is running the no huddle offense, constant flags would allow defenses to substitute as well as catch their breath between plays.

But, the obvious calls that change the outcome of the game HAVE to be called. I generally remain pretty quiet during a game outside the rare big offensive gain. But, yesterday I was more like "Ramsey"

<iframe width="500" height="323" src="http://www.ispot.tv/share/7bUJ" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM

This.

We just aren't as good as we like to think we are.

Psyko Tek
11-19-2013, 08:56 PM

alex smith can't throw and fears his linemen want him dead

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 08:59 PM

NFL for me.

Well, if I spent more time "ballin" than watching football then I'd say the Wife/GF cheating, but I'm going to stick with football.

Goldmember
11-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Apparently we were also told not to hurt Jeff Tuel.

Rainman, I should be sending you a monthly check for making me LMAO

TribalElder
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
We had every chance to win and our offense was weak sauce

However last years Super Bowl power outage makes it super obvious that games can and will be manipulated to make them closer and more entertaining. If the Super Bowl would have continued it was on its way to a blowout maybe even a shutout. Nobody wants to watch a one sided game so people tune out. When people tune out your audience shrinks, and then the advertising value might go down next year for commercial spots because it's just a Super Bowl after all. So the power goes out and a miraculous comeback makes it a close game all the sudden ROFL

Too ****ing obvious

Yes some games are manipulated. KC shit the bed on their own however

Gravedigger
11-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Well, if I spent more time "ballin" than watching football then I'd say the Wife/GF cheating, but I'm going to stick with football.

I can quit a woman, I can't quit you Chiefs!

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 09:11 PM

Rep

Psyko Tek
11-19-2013, 09:12 PM

hali's jersey outfitted with handles on it

will never stop when he gets his bust in xcanton they will marvel at it
now, don't nobody say nothing

Psyko Tek
11-19-2013, 09:14 PM
If that line gave him the time to double check he'd still be in there...

when are qb's gonna figure the salary cap mkeans the rest of the team needs paid also?
no money no line
no D
but hey you got paid, and your stats seem to be dropping

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 09:17 PM

I suspect it'll take a very ego-driven asshole on Carolina to not think what they're doing today amounts to defending.

And I liked the call (because I hate Brady (and all pussy bitches like him))... He's a fag and I hope he get hit by falling parts of a space object tonight.

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 09:26 PM

Well, DB holds and DB PI should be equally as uncalled.

It would be nice to NOT see incomplete pass happen without the WR falling on the ground and crying like a south American soccer bitch! Just gay!

rabblerouser
11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't think the NFL can outright "fix" the game

think again :

dude sued the Jets and the NFL in like 2010, alleging that the Pats/Jets game he attended was fixed and he was entitled to compensation...

it was ruled that, because the NFL is a tax-exempt SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT corporation, that the only thing the NFL is obligated to do is allow people to watch whoever they call the two teams on the ticket to engage in a football match.

I forget the exact ins and outs, but the gist of it was : yeah, so what if it's rigged?? We never said it wasn't...

GloryDayz
11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
alex smith can't throw and fears his linemen want him dead

Is the club growing? Good thing Winston is gone or we'd get told-off again some day!

KcMizzou
11-19-2013, 09:55 PM
"Fixed" is a really strong accusation. But some of the calls that get missed are hard to explain.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1467272_715862218425122_1714183607_n.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
11-19-2013, 10:04 PM
"Fixed" is a really strong accusation. But some of the calls that get missed are hard to explain.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1467272_715862218425122_1714183607_n.jpg:banghead:

Sorter
11-19-2013, 10:08 PM
think again :

dude sued the Jets and the NFL in like 2010, alleging that the Pats/Jets game he attended was fixed and he was entitled to compensation...

it was ruled that, because the NFL is a tax-exempt SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT corporation, that the only thing the NFL is obligated to do is allow people to watch whoever they call the two teams on the ticket to engage in a football match.

I forget the exact ins and outs, but the gist of it was : yeah, so what if it's rigged?? We never said it wasn't...

This is correct.

vailpass
11-19-2013, 10:34 PM
think again :

Maybe one of the CP attorneys can shed light on this but from a layman's pov it seems like a case of getting a peremptory judgement without having it go to the merits of the claim.
Hardly an admission of game fixing imho. I wonder if the defense entered a plea in the alternative denying game fixing?

rabblerouser
11-19-2013, 10:42 PM
thefixisin.net

The NFL’s own lawyer stated that the league competes in the “entertainment marketplace.” Because NFL football is in fact entertainment and nothing more, perhaps that was why in yet another court ruling, it was proven that the NFL could fix its own games and legally get away with it.

The Spygate lawsuit

Carl Mayer is a New York Jets season ticket holder. He is also a lawyer. When it was discovered that the New England Patriots were videotaping their opponents’ coaching signals – a scandalous event later dubbed “Spygate” that shook the NFL in 2007 – it happened to come to light during a Jets-Patriots game.

Mayer sued, seeking $185 million in damages on behalf of all Jets ticket holders. His claim was that due to the Patriots’ actions, the games between the two franchises were essentially rigged since Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick took control of the team in 2000. In early 2010, the case reached the U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.

In May 2010, the appeals court judges tossed the case. The Senior Judge of the three judge panel Robert E. Cowen wrote in his precendential opinion (which you can read here), “We do not condone the conduct on the part of the Patriots and the team's head coach, and we likewise refrain from assessing whether the NFL's sanctions (and its alleged destruction of the videotapes themselves) were otherwise appropriate.” But the reason why Cowen and the other judges decided against Mayer was because, “At best, he [Mayer] possessed nothing more than a contractual right to a seat from which to watch an NFL game between the Jets and the Patriots, and this right was clearly honored.”

Cowen went on to write, "Mayer possessed either a license or, at best, a contractual right to enter Giants Stadium and to have a seat from which to watch a professional football game. In the clear language of the ticket stub, ‘[t]his ticket only grants entry into the stadium and a spectator seat for the specified NFL game.’ Mayer actually was allowed to enter the stadium and witnessed the ‘specified NFL game[s]’ between the Jets and Patriots. He thereby suffered no cognizable injury to a legally protected right or interest.”

He then concluded, "We do not condone the conduct on the part of the Patriots and the team’s head coach, and we likewise refrain from assessing whether the NFL’s sanctions (and its alleged destruction of the videotapes themselves) were otherwise appropriate. We further recognize that professional football, like other professional sports, is a multi-billion dollar business. In turn, ticket-holders and other fans may have legitimate issues with the manner in which they are treated….Significantly, our ruling also does not leave Mayer and other ticket-holders without any recourse. Instead, fans could speak out against the Patriots, their coach, and the NFL itself. In fact, they could even go so far as to refuse to purchase tickets or NFL-related merchandise….However, the one thing they cannot do is bring a legal action in a court of law. [emphasis in original].”

Mayer’s lawyer, Bruce Afran, disagreed. He believed consumer fraud had occurred. He said, “(The opinion) seems to suggest that no matter how much ticket holders pay, they can be defrauded by NFL teams. And it puts the NFL on the same level as professional wrestling.”

Because there is no law outside of the loose interpretation of fraud from preventing a league from fixing its own games, Afran’s conclusion is correct. One cannot fix a sporting event for gambling purposes; that is illegal. And one cannot fix an intellectual contest for entertainment purposes; that was made illegal after the quiz show scandal of the 1950s.

But fix a sporting event for entertainment purposes? Completely legal.

What’s worse, the lawyer representing the NFL, Shepard Goldfein, actually argued in court that “fans likely would buy tickets even if they knew the Patriots were stealing signals.” In other words, the NFL realizes that much like pro wrestling, even if fans knew the football was rigged, they still pay their money to see it.

In March 2011, the Supreme Court refused to hear Mayer's appeal thereby affirming the lower court's findings.

As these two court cases prove, it is time to see the NFL in a completely different light. It is not a loosely organized group of teams fighting tooth-and-nail to beat their rivals. No, the NFL is a well-organized machine out to maximize its profits by doing everything within their power to make people consume their product: the games.

…And that includes possibly allowing fixed games to occur because sucker fans would still pay to watch them play football.

Sure-Oz
11-19-2013, 10:43 PM

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1467272_715862218425122_1714183607_n.jpg

I didn't realize the Broncos backup LT is an all pro...there were some holding calls missed but wtf is new with Hali. Dude gets a chokehold a few times a game.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2013, 11:13 PM
What does Bill Maas say?

Coke, coke, coke, coke, coke, co, coke!

GoChargers
11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
We had every chance to win and our offense was weak sauce

However last years Super Bowl power outage makes it super obvious that games can and will be manipulated to make them closer and more entertaining. If the Super Bowl would have continued it was on its way to a blowout maybe even a shutout. Nobody wants to watch a one sided game so people tune out. When people tune out your audience shrinks, and then the advertising value might go down next year for commercial spots because it's just a Super Bowl after all. So the power goes out and a miraculous comeback makes it a close game all the sudden ROFL
Most obvious bullshit in NFL history this side of Super Bowl XL. It reminded me of the college football game from a few years back where the lights miraculously went out right before the game could become "official" for betting purposes.

Plus, they were already giving the Niners bullshit calls BEFORE the blackout to try to stop the blowout, most notably the uncalled illegal contact by Culliver on Torrey Smith in the 1st quarter. And the Niners got plenty of ref love during their "miraculous" comeback, including an uncalled late hit by Sopoaga on Flacco in the 4th (so much for player safety). Thank God the Niners choked in the red zone so we didn't end up being subjected to the most bullshit Super Bowl ever.

CoMoChief
11-19-2013, 11:51 PM
When billions of dollars are to be made, I don't think anything would really surprise me anymore. I would think the players have to have more pride than that than to do something like help fix a game. It'd be the biggest sports story in quite sometime if that ever came to be true.

But have you read some of the court cases from the past 30 yrs or so on game fixing? Just Youtube various game fixing documentaries and you'll come up w/ a few...and their stories make your god damn hair on your neck stand up. But back then I'd imagine you could get away w/ more because there was no internet/twitter/social media etc.

I did wonder though why we only blitzed Manning 6 times....that was bullshit.

tk13
11-20-2013, 12:29 AM
You don't blitz Manning. He'll chew it up. That's why Romeo always had success against him. He'd never blink first. You have to hit Manning, but you've got to do it with 4 rushers. Even Dungy says that's the way you beat him... which is why he thought the Chiefs would be a tough matchup.

J Diddy
11-20-2013, 12:38 AM
I didn't realize the Broncos backup LT is an all pro...there were some holding calls missed but wtf is new with Hali. Dude gets a chokehold a few times a game.

I think Hali's strength is also his weakness in a lot of cases. I remember seeing that choke hold and I remember him straighten up and keep going. I think if he starts showing how much it effects him it'll be a different story. Just my two cents worth. Probably not but it's a theory.

kcxiv
11-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Look at the forecast for the NE this weekend. Its gonna be cold on Sunday. High of 34 degrees that day. Its a 830 pm start. Should be around 25-30 degrees.

Chiefs may be back in first if they win!

11-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Look at the forecast for the NE this weekend. Its gonna be cold on Sunday. High of 34 degrees that day. Its a 830 pm start. Should be around 25-30 degrees.

Chiefs may be back in first if they win!

I don't care about the NE game. I just want to beat SD right now. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

kcxiv
11-20-2013, 03:15 AM
I don't care about the NE game. I just want to beat SD right now. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

That NE game is huge, if they beat denver, then we can some how beat S.D and Denver the following week, then the number 1 seed should be KC.

11-20-2013, 03:28 AM
That NE game is huge, if they beat denver, then we can some how beat S.D and Denver the following week, then the number 1 seed should be KC.

I know that, all I care about is KC winning. They control their own destiny right now. One game at a time.

rabblerouser
11-20-2013, 06:29 AM
I know that, all I care about is KC winning. They control their own destiny right now. One game at a time.

this is the proper attitude.

CleveSteve
11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
From the fwiw department,do you realize both primetime games this last week had the Vegas spread and Over/Under still in play with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Denver -7 1/2 O/U 49

Carolina -3 O/U 46

I think that means Vegas is good at their job.

lcarus
11-20-2013, 10:29 AM

There's been a lot worse than Alex Smith taken at 1.1. We might have one of them.

Anyong Bluth
11-20-2013, 02:32 PM
You don't blitz Manning. He'll chew it up. That's why Romeo always had success against him. He'd never blink first. You have to hit Manning, but you've got to do it with 4 rushers. Even Dungy says that's the way you beat him... which is why he thought the Chiefs would be a tough matchup.

Maybe, but Indy did blitz and the Chargers did blitz, and one came away with a win and the other came back from being down a bunch and made the Donkeys offense pedestrian on the 2nd half once they got Peyton rattled with some pressure.

I'd love to see them get a sack or 2 or even some good shots on him in the 1st quarter and see how much that effects how well their offense runs.

Crowd noise should be a major help for limiting changing things up at the line. If he comes into Arrowhead and they once again don't have a sack or even a hit, and they're not going to call obvious holding calls like we saw on Hali, ya I'll be a little bit more than suspicious of the conduct of the game officials. Anyone in their right mind would be too if we see a repeat of last game.

Anyong Bluth
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM
I think Hali's strength is also his weakness in a lot of cases. I remember seeing that choke hold and I remember him straighten up and keep going. I think if he starts showing how much it effects him it'll be a different story. Just my two cents worth. Probably not but it's a theory.

I'd like to see him just once when that happens to immediately kick his legs out forward so it becomes blatantly obvious that he just got an armbar across the neck. It is baffling how that goes uncalled when there is photos posted right here showing that it's done in plain sight and the official is standing no further that 5 yards away and looking directly at it.

This isn't just some whining about it because I'm a Chiefs fan, I've seen comments and twitter posts from national media guys specifically talking about it. One twitter post from an NFL beat writer after the 2nd series by Denver basically said-

Well, should we be counting the no calls on Hali being held and grabbed around the neck? Because I'm already at 3 after 2 possessions by Denver.

Pepe Silvia
11-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Is he still doing cocaine?

Frazod
11-20-2013, 03:01 PM

That game is a big deal. New England is about the only team that can get a fair game called against St. Manning.

BlackHelicopters
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Winning cures all. Beat SD.

11-20-2013, 06:12 PM
That game is a big deal. New England is about the only team that can get a fair game called against St. Manning.

Again, I know it is a big deal but KC has to win first. AFter that, then I will give a crap about SNF.

Nzoner
12-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Hot topic lately :)