PDA

View Full Version : Football Sports Science breaks down MNF's controversial conclusion

AussieChiefsFan
11-20-2013, 10:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vng4fR8O17I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That last line made me lose it. LMAO

Bugeater
11-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Fuck Brady and the Patriots. That's my conclusion.

morphius
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
It was a terrible, on evvery level. I think after one PI on the drive the ref just didn't want the wrath of the Carolina crowd coming down on him.

If that had been us vs Peyton...

Deberg_1990
11-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Oh well, every team gets screwed by a bad call at one time or another. Don't feel sad for Patriots not one little bit.

Baby Lee
11-20-2013, 10:39 PM
He not only needed to decelerate, but accelerate in the opposite direction. If he made that catch completely unguarded, it would have been on of the more miraculous plays in NFL history, let alone a defensed pass attempt.

That would have been Dante's juke on the Broncos, on steroids, in a man twice the size and mass. Forget human joystick, he'd be the human stealth fighter in a stealth bomber's body.

BigRedChief
11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
So there is no holding or pass interference if the ball lands 2-3 yards away from the reciever?

They can put you in a body lock, not allow you to go towards the ball and if lands 2-3 yeards away, no pass interference? Really?....Really!!

Lex Luthor
11-20-2013, 10:47 PM
He not only needed to decelerate, but accelerate in the opposite direction. If he made that catch completely unguarded, it would have been on of the more miraculous plays in NFL history, let alone a defensed pass attempt.

That would have been Dante's juke on the Broncos, on steroids, in a man twice the size and mass. Forget human joystick, he'd be the human stealth fighter in a stealth bomber's body.

I think you are exaggerating just a little bit.

AussieChiefsFan
11-20-2013, 10:51 PM

That would have been Dante's juke on the Broncos, on steroids, in a man twice the size and mass. Forget human joystick, he'd be the human stealth fighter in a stealth bomber's body.hy·per·bo·le
Noun
A deliberate exaggeration used for effect

Brock
11-20-2013, 10:57 PM
There's no way they were going to let a weak flag decide the game. The ball was not catchable.

alpha_omega
11-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Enjoyed the ending of that video.

ClevelandBronco
11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
There's no way they were going to let a weak flag decide the game. The ball was not catchable.

Given the choice between a questionable flag and a questionable no-call, I'll take the questionable no-call. I'm a huge Belichick fan and I'd rather see the Broncos travel to N.E. after a Patriots win than after a loss, but I agree with the decision to pick up the flag.

jjjayb
11-20-2013, 11:05 PM
The ball was not catchable.

Then at the very least shouldn't it have been illegal contact or defensive holding?

Brock
11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Then at the very least shouldn't it have been illegal contact or defensive holding?

It could have been holding, but again, it would be chickenshit of the refs to gift the patriots on a play that wasn't even close to being a completion.

lcarus
11-20-2013, 11:12 PM

My opinion on it is there is no way in fucking hell that play was gonna be a TD. A penalty would have been a bail out.

Bewbies
11-20-2013, 11:21 PM
The first and last time Brady didn't get a call.

SeeingRed
11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Haha....this was awesome! Especially loved the ending. =)

DaFace
11-21-2013, 12:19 AM

Nope. My understanding is that those don't apply once the ball is in the air. It's PI or nothing.

11-21-2013, 01:09 AM
The first and last time Brady didn't get a call.

Could not have come at a better time either, with Manning and Co coming to town.

RealSNR
11-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Eh. This disputed call isn't like it was Packers/Seahawks from last year, where complete dumbfucks shat on an OBVIOUS call and had the use of instant replay technology and STILL fucked it up.

This was a "meh, really close, but whatever" judgement call on a penalty, which of course wasn't reviewable. It in itself wouldn't decide a game, because the Patriots would still need to run another play after that. Also, it came at the expense of Hitler, who has gotten a SHIT ton of favorable calls thrown their way, one which led to a Super Bowl title.

So... no1curr

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm not even a Pats hater and that ball was going nowhere. I thought it was great that the refs came to a logical conclusion and didn't insert themselves.

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2013, 02:30 AM
I feel sorry for Tom Brady.

He lost a game that he should have won, then had to get on his G5, fly back to Cali in 3.4 hours, traverse his moat, then explain to his wife why he lost while she gave him a rubdown 14 rooms away from his servants and children.

Poor fucking guy.

I don't know how he does it.

11-21-2013, 03:01 AM
I feel sorry for Tom Brady.

He lost a game that he should have won, then had to get on his G5, fly back to Cali in 3.4 hours, traverse his moat, then explain to his wife why he lost while she gave him a rubdown 14 rooms away from his servants and children.

Poor ****ing guy.

I don't know how he does it.

She doesn't give two shits that he lost. LMAO

EDIT
Damn, I forgot she does give two shits. It must suck for her to be married to such a loser with no receivers to catch the ball.

BigCatDaddy
11-21-2013, 07:43 AM

It was catchable if the defender that picked it off hadn't been there. I don't know if they take that into consideration when calling something "uncatchable" or not.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm not even a Pats hater and that ball was going nowhere. I thought it was great that the refs came to a logical conclusion and didn't insert themselves.

Agreed.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Eh. This disputed call isn't like it was Packers/Seahawks from last year, where complete dumb****s shat on an OBVIOUS call and had the use of instant replay technology and STILL ****ed it up.

This was a "meh, really close, but whatever" judgement call on a penalty, which of course wasn't reviewable. It in itself wouldn't decide a game, because the Patriots would still need to run another play after that. Also, it came at the expense of Hitler, who has gotten a SHIT ton of favorable calls thrown their way, one which led to a Super Bowl title.

So... no1curr

That call was correct to and all the hoopla was a bunch of nonsense.

Dayze
11-21-2013, 08:34 AM
It's the long anticipated make-up call from the Tuck Rule game.

whoman69
11-21-2013, 09:00 AM
The fact that the only person making a break for the ball was the person who made the interception, it can't be pass interference if the ball never gets to the receiver where he can make a play on it.

According to the NFL:

According to NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino, penalties other than interference no longer are available once the ball is thrown.

“Illegal contact or holding are fouls that can only occur before the pass is thrown,” Blandino told PFT. “Once the ball is in the air it is pass interference or nothing.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/blandino-once-ball-is-in-the-air-its-interference-or-nothing/

Halfcan
11-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Hopefully the Pats will take out their anger on the Cheating ass Donks this weekend.

cosmo20002
11-21-2013, 09:56 AM
"Uncatchable" should mean "no fucking way in a million years that it would be possible for anyone to catch that ball." For example, a throw to the sideline that is 10 feet over a guy's head and land out of bounds. Or, a pass thrown by Castle.

If there is ANY real question if the receiver could have made a play on it, it should be a penalty. Since we'll never know for sure, the receiver at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

JD10367
11-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Hopefully the Pats will take out their anger on the Cheating ass Donks this weekend.

If the Chiefs had beaten the Broncos, and the Pats had beaten the Panthers, I would've forecast a big Broncos win this coming weekend. Since the Broncos won and the Pats lost, it'll be a much closer game, but given the state of the Patriots' D I can't see them winning. I hope I'm wrong.

Bowser
11-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Fuck Brady and the Patriots. That's my conclusion.

http://scientopia.org/blogs/scicurious/files/2010/09/do-all-the-science.png

Bowser
11-21-2013, 07:03 PM
If the Chiefs had beaten the Broncos, and the Pats had beaten the Panthers, I would've forecast a big Broncos win this coming weekend. Since the Broncos won and the Pats lost, it'll be a much closer game, but given the state of the Patriots' D I can't see them winning. I hope I'm wrong.

Brady is going to rip through that Bronco D. Unfortunately, I don't know what the Pat D is going to do against Peyton.

JD10367
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Brady is going to rip through that Bronco D. Unfortunately, I don't know what the Pat D is going to do against Peyton.

The Patriots' D is overachieving. They've suffered too many personnel losses. The variable will be the injuries to Welker and Manning.

johntfootball
11-22-2013, 11:52 AM
i don't buy it that he had time to get back and catch, let alone fight for it with the panther's player

Ace Gunner
11-22-2013, 12:33 PM

that's funny, it looked to me the other player caught the ball just a few feet from gronk.

I also noticed two players mug gronk before the ball arrived.